Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Nov 22, 2014 6:15 PM

Aug 2014
Maybe the forum.
Nov 22, 2014 6:33 PM

Apr 2014
Jackrabb1t said:
Wow, I'm the only one to pick option 3?
Why are you leaving us ;_; And I was pretty surprised that option was so bare too.
Nov 22, 2014 6:44 PM

Apr 2013
When I get married someday
Nov 22, 2014 6:50 PM

Sep 2013
Like the many others who have gone on, a day will come when the majority of us currently here will be little more than memories.
Nov 22, 2014 6:54 PM

Jul 2013
At times I usually forget since using MAL on phone isn't so great. no good apps on it too. I barely be on computer but when I am I'm usually here so I really dont know if I'll forget or not.
Nov 22, 2014 6:56 PM

Sep 2013
If MAL is still running in 20 years it's going to be amusing seeing people that have been around for that long. You know there will be at least one person with a 20+ year old account and several million posts.
Nov 22, 2014 7:00 PM

Jan 2014
Protaku94 said:
Jackrabb1t said:
Wow, I'm the only one to pick option 3?
Why are you leaving us ;_; And I was pretty surprised that option was so bare too.
Well, I'm reasonably sure that I'll be gone for ~6 months starting sometime around June/July. And honestly after that due to time constraints I might just not be interested in MAL. Who knows.
Nov 22, 2014 7:03 PM

Jan 2008
How do you mean ? To talk about anime theres millions of places on the net. /a/ is a hotbed for anime topic discussion. Whatever. But this is MAL, this is the place to go to shit post.
Nov 22, 2014 7:04 PM

Aug 2014
Perhaps if I find Morpheus and he asks me whether I want to take the blue pill or the red pill.

Until then I'm stuck in the MALTRIX.
Nov 22, 2014 7:08 PM

Apr 2014
Jackrabb1t said:
Protaku94 said:
Well, I'm reasonably sure that I'll be gone for ~6 months starting sometime around June/July. And honestly after that due to time constraints I might just not be interested in MAL. Who knows.
MAL will miss you if you leave ;_; And if you still love anime by then, MAL will be here hopefully lol.
Nov 22, 2014 7:12 PM

Jan 2014
Protaku94 said:
Jackrabb1t said:
MAL will miss you if you leave ;_; And if you still love anime by then, MAL will be here hopefully lol.
Well, thanks, Protaku94! We'll see what happens... No point crying about what may or may not happen now though...
Nov 22, 2014 7:21 PM

Apr 2014
Jackrabb1t said:
Protaku94 said:
Well, thanks, Protaku94! We'll see what happens... No point crying about what may or may not happen now though...
Well I hope you're happy in your absence of MAL ^_^ It doesn't sound like you want to go, but life happens I suppose.
Nov 22, 2014 7:29 PM

Jan 2014
Not for a long time, at least.

Thinking about ever leaving MAL is so sad. :'c
Nov 22, 2014 7:32 PM

Sep 2014
Sure, I've left other forums so why not this one?
Nov 22, 2014 8:00 PM

Jul 2014
I could see myself getting bored of mal
Nov 22, 2014 8:00 PM

Apr 2014
Yes. I already moved on from it years ago and pretty much buried my previous account. I drop in every once in a blue moon, but I don't stay long when I do. I've moved on.
Nov 22, 2014 8:02 PM

Apr 2013
Probably drop the forums in a few years. Might use the listing feature for as long as I watch anime/read manga
Nov 22, 2014 8:05 PM

Apr 2014
Protaku94 said:
Bambi_ said:
Oh I really was! MAL is just the basement I lurk it.
But your home's basement is still part of your home, and home is where the heart is <3
I don't have a basement though xD
Nov 22, 2014 8:07 PM

Aug 2013
Maybe when a better listing site shows up, but until then I'm content using MAL. I've already collected the members that I've found interesting and put them in a nice Skype group anyway, so even if I left I'd still have the people of importance around that I've met here.
Nov 22, 2014 8:20 PM

Jul 2014
You don't just "move on" from places you enjoy spending time at unless they start censoring content or it becomes more or less unrecognizable from how it was a few years ago, like if the site gets a complete overhaul.

What would kill MAL is if it gets infiltrated by censor happy moderators who find some content "problematic"

Judging from the current casual discussion i'd say MAL isn't faced with that issue and due to nature of Anime and the community it influences, it will probably never be an issue.

Anime is your hobby, you won't "grow out of it" if you truly enjoy it.
Nov 22, 2014 8:22 PM
Sep 2014
MAL is my "home"
Nov 22, 2014 8:25 PM

Jun 2014
MdDaniels said:

What a ridiculous statement. Of course you can. People grow out of hobbies all the time. What you enjoyed doing when you were 13 or 14, you may not necessarily still enjoy when your 25 or 26
Nov 22, 2014 8:30 PM

Sep 2011
I'd still use the listing feature for as long as possible. I don't like any of the other sites lists. If I wasn't a mod, I'd ditch the CD board altogether and stick with the ongoing show discussions for the most part.
Nov 22, 2014 8:30 PM

Sep 2013
Qans said:
MdDaniels said:

What a ridiculous statement. Of course you can. People grow out of hobbies all the time. What you enjoyed doing when you were 13 or 14, you may not necessarily still enjoy when your 25 or 26

When I was 10 I would stand on my roof and throw my G.I Joes as high into the air as I could and watch them slam into the ground. I wish I didn't grow out of that hobby.
Nov 22, 2014 8:40 PM

Sep 2013
When my permaban comes I will have no choice but to move on from MaL. That hammer is waiting for me, already hit me 6 times. :/
Nov 22, 2014 8:41 PM

May 2013
i already moved on from a different forum that i had 22k posts on >_> so yeah, maybe one day

but who knows, maybe not! :D
I CELEBRATE myself,
And what I assume you shall assume,
For every atom belonging to me as good belongs to you.
Nov 22, 2014 9:14 PM

Jun 2014
Maybe. Myanimelist isn't a lifestyle and I barely call using it a hobby of mine. I don't see myself quitting anime anytime soon and I'll probably stick to MaL until a new version (if there is ever one) with the ability for ten favorite anime and more options gets made.
Nov 22, 2014 9:50 PM

Apr 2014
Bambi_ said:
Protaku94 said:
But your home's basement is still part of your home, and home is where the heart is <3
I don't have a basement though xD
Why do you go lurk in random basements then o.0 Such stalker lol
Nov 22, 2014 9:53 PM

Jul 2013
Not until I become admin.
Nov 22, 2014 10:52 PM

Jul 2014
Qans said:
MdDaniels said:

I don't think so, growing out of Anime seems as ridiculous as growing out of video games, sure if you do nothing but video games or anime for 6 months with very little inbetween you may get burnt out for a while, and when this happens this is when people say "Oh, I think I have grown out of it" when really you're just entering, leaving and reentering phases.

Throwing toys in the air I don't believe is a fair comparison.
Nov 22, 2014 10:53 PM

Sep 2011
I tried once but failed.
Nov 22, 2014 10:56 PM

Oct 2012
The second choice definitely. I have been on other forums much longer than I have on MAL, and I gradually become less active over time. Often within a year or two. I still participate, but not as often. I just lurk.

MdDaniels said:

I don't think so, growing out of Anime seems as ridiculous as growing out of video games, sure if you do nothing but video games or anime for 6 months with very little inbetween you may get burnt out for a while, and when this happens this is when people say "Oh, I think I have grown out of it" when really you're just entering, leaving and reentering phases.

If you use define "growing out of something" so loosely, we may not be "growing out" of anything. As for me, I haven't played video games actively in years. I virtually missed all of last generation. Will I come back to video games? Maybe. But I might have less time to spare. I came back to anime after leaving it for three years. Who knows?
toyall123Nov 22, 2014 10:59 PM
Nov 22, 2014 11:01 PM

Jun 2014
MdDaniels said:
Qans said:

I think people who say they've grown out of anime and abandon the medium are just people who didn't like the medium as much as they thought. I think the true fans stick with anime or leave it for reasons beyond growing out of it.
KagamiNov 22, 2014 11:04 PM
Nov 22, 2014 11:08 PM

Jun 2014
MdDaniels said:
Qans said:

I enjoyed american cartoons when I was young, I don't enjoy it anymore. I enjoyed meaningless games like hide and go seek and tag when I was young, I don't anymore. I used to love playing guitar in my early teens, yet the past few years thinking about practicing my guitar gives me a headache. People stop enjoying stuff eventually. I love anime now and posting in these forums, but in my late 40s I don't think I can promise that I still will, I'll probably have moved on to other hobbies/interests. That's just how life works man
Nov 22, 2014 11:16 PM

Jun 2014

I agree that people move on from hobbies, but if its a hobby you truly love then I'd say those chances of completely moving on are way less. Games like tag is something most kids do and is far from a hobby and the same could be said with watching cartoons with a kid mindset. Watching American Cartoons as a kid/teenager doesn't make it linked with the term hobby. For something to be considered a hobby you need to certainly have a passion for it. A passion that goes beyond everyday childhood interests such as tag/watching cartoons.

I get your point, but bad example is all.
Nov 22, 2014 11:18 PM

May 2013
Qans said:
MdDaniels said:

I enjoyed american cartoons when I was young, I don't enjoy it anymore. I enjoyed meaningless games like hide and go seek and tag when I was young, I don't anymore. I used to love playing guitar in my early teens, yet the past few years thinking about practicing my guitar gives me a headache. People stop enjoying stuff eventually. I love anime now and posting in these forums, but in my late 40s I don't think I can promise that I still will, I'll probably have moved on to other hobbies/interests. That's just how life works man

...watch adventure time and play guitar? ^_^
I CELEBRATE myself,
And what I assume you shall assume,
For every atom belonging to me as good belongs to you.
Nov 22, 2014 11:22 PM

Feb 2012
Naturally.
Nov 23, 2014 4:58 AM

Sep 2013
People rarely keep all of the interests they had as a child. You may not think "wow, anime is childish" but that doesn't mean you will still enjoy it as much. People move on. They change over time. It doesn't mean you will change, but you might. It's stupid to imply that others wouldn't.

You'll probably think MAL is childish once you get older - you don't even need to be old to see that.
Nov 23, 2014 5:06 AM

Aug 2013
Nov 23, 2014 5:09 AM
Apr 2013
I have already move on from MAL due to different circumstances between now and then. Besides that, most of my niggas stop posting here regularly so this gives me another reason to stop visiting the MAL forums on a daily basis.

Regarding the list, it is inaccurate anyway as i only list it just for the sake of listing because why not?
Nov 23, 2014 5:14 AM

May 2012
I only got back to it like 3 weeks ago, I'll keep coming and going as long as I'm still talking to a few ppl
Nov 23, 2014 6:22 AM

Jul 2014

American cartoons are made specifically for children and do not cover a wide range of genres unlike Anime. Playing guitar and making a living out of it takes dedication and talent which you don't really need for Anime in order to just sit back and watch it. Like I said to me it is the same as saying that you're "growing out" of video games, movies or books, saying that about a whole industry is a very blanket statement to make, but you may burn yourself out for a while until some great new movie, book, anime or video games comes along.

Well "growing out of something" generally implies that they are leaving it behind altogether, which I find very hard to take seriously in regards to something like Anime or video games.
MdDanielsNov 23, 2014 7:20 AM
Nov 23, 2014 6:54 AM
Jul 2018
When the time comes till then I will keep watching animes
Nov 23, 2014 7:01 AM

Nov 2013
Well,i hope i`ll never move on from MAL,buuut you never know what`s gonna happen right? I wish i`ll never stop watching anime/reading manga and i hope that one day i`ll be able to watch anime with my kids and so on... I have the feeling that when i`ll stop watching anime,at that moment i`ll "give up" on my childhood. I may grow old but i`ll never grow up~ lol :)))
This is where I`d put my signature...If i had one.
Nov 23, 2014 11:29 AM

Apr 2014
worldeditor11 said:
I have already move on from MAL due to different circumstances between now and then. Besides that, most of my niggas stop posting here regularly so this gives me another reason to stop visiting the MAL forums on a daily basis.
The one person who got me into MAL became inactive the day after I registered and I was like what. But I've met some cool people that make being active still fun ^_^ So I'm thinking I'll be around for a while lol.
Nov 23, 2014 1:03 PM

Jun 2011
After 5 or 10 more years MAL will be dead. Mark my words.

Nov 23, 2014 1:09 PM

Feb 2014
Maybe...I don't really know

Nov 23, 2014 1:11 PM

Jan 2013
It's too tiring to think about the future. As of now I will not be leaving MAL anytime soon. I enjoy posting and being part of this community.
Nov 23, 2014 1:15 PM

Feb 2013
I rarely post nowadays. My main purpose in joining this community was its anime tracking facility. It's also very convenient as I can easily filter out specific anime genre I am looking for. Other that that, I don't see myself leaving this place any time soon. Now, if only they didn't log you out every single time your IP changes, maybe I'd be happier.
Aliis si licet, tibi non licet.
Nov 23, 2014 1:38 PM

Jul 2014
No. I'll be on MAL forever! (your vote)
Wecc said:
All hail HaXXspetten king of the loli traps!
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Existential Boredom

SimplyBrazen - Yesterday

19 by SimplyBrazen »»
52 minutes ago

» How many of your great-grandparents did you get to meet?

SoldierDream - Sep 21

32 by TheBlockernator »»
57 minutes ago

Poll: » It is illegal to put mermaids in aquariums?

Absurdo_N - Sep 21

24 by AnimeFreak-San »»
1 hour ago

» "Connoisseurs" of MAL, what are your thoughts on ART NOUVEAU? ( 1 2 3 )

Fario-P - Mar 11, 2021

128 by Moonspeak »»
1 hour ago

» Why is it the older you get nothing seems to be the same.

The-Nsider - Yesterday

13 by BigBoyAdvance »»
2 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.