Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Log Horizon
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Nov 15, 2014 3:48 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Tyrel said:
Only good thing I liked was Akatsuki's outfit<3.

Same it looks cool. Maybe it's also because I always thought her old outfit was ugly.
Nov 15, 2014 3:56 PM

Apr 2013
While I loved seeing Kawaiitsuki-chan's new outfit, I almost fell asleep before it came up. This episode was boring as hell. I'll blame it on this being a "girl power" episode with zero fan service. Hopefully things pick back up again.
dankzelNov 15, 2014 5:25 PM
Nov 15, 2014 4:03 PM

Jul 2012
Not an exciting episode but it seems next episode is going to be interesting.
Tom's Hardware graphics veteran++ (Legacy)
i7 6700K@4.0 GHz, ASUS Z170 PRO GAMING, RTX 2080, G. Skill RipJaws V 3200MHz 16GB,
Noctua NH-D15, CorsairRM 850x, Win10x64, 1920x1080

MyAnimeList!
Nov 15, 2014 4:47 PM

Dec 2013
Mm.. Kinda boring. I wanted to see more Shiroe
Nov 15, 2014 5:16 PM
Oct 2007
Turn off the barrier to stop the armor guy from killing players = PK free zone. Thats makes no sense so far. If you can stop the armor guy turning off the freaking barrier you will make the place a warzone with pk everywhere. Thats bullshit.

Btw, Akatasuki's teaching its spoiled at the opening for those who dont know yet, if you dont like spoiler dont watch the freaking opening. I was mad since ep 1 with the spolier-not-free opening. But well, happens everywhere. u.u

Still love akatsuki and this season. I will give a 4/5 just because it was too slow, wait a whole week to not see story advance, a little frustrating, but still great. Now.. another damm week, thats not freaking fair.
EiffelNov 15, 2014 5:20 PM
Nov 15, 2014 5:45 PM

Jul 2012
renzbiohazard said:
boring episode, boring main character (Akatsuki).

seriously, no one gives a shit about her character. we want to see more of the actual raid with Shiroe's perspective or at the very least the side story including Kanami.

1/5

;o; I care about her character.

lol I agree that nothing really happened in this episode but I still somewhat enjoyed it. ^-^ I like that they were showing them getting ready for battle
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 15, 2014 5:46 PM

Mar 2013
phokingbeast said:
Cant wait for the next episode. I was wondering why only the females are fighting

Yeah, it looked kinda weird. Well, technically among those 26 people I noticed one dude. The gay one. What's up with that? Were dudes somehow banned from this operation? Do they ever explain this in the novel?
Nov 15, 2014 6:34 PM
Jun 2012
Man, the pacing and direction for this season has really taken a dip. It felt like the whole first half alone was characters re-connecting the dots to things that both they and the viewers should already know. (flavor text becoming real, the effects of the murderer's weapon, etc.). I had to have seen at least 3 scenes where they devoted entire dialogues to infodumping something to the viewer. It got to the point where I was almost wanting to shout "Yes, I get it! Get on with it!"

Part of what made me enjoy the first season so much was that it was able to explain so much to the viewer without feeling intrusive or overbearing. Almost all infodumps were accompanied by relevant visuals instead of being restricted to conversation. Combat strategies were explained in the middle of combat, not before. Plot revelations were exposited upon as they were occurring, not after. And character's feelings were expressed more through actions than though continuous internal monologues.

I get the feeling that the writers have been trying to hard to preserve the narration of the light novels and not focusing hard enough on making an animated adaption to the story itself.

LoneUlfsark said:
phokingbeast said:
Cant wait for the next episode. I was wondering why only the females are fighting

Yeah, it looked kinda weird. Well, technically among those 26 people I noticed one dude. The gay one. What's up with that? Were dudes somehow banned from this operation? Do they ever explain this in the novel?

I noticed that too. Normally, I could accept this as you can just say that the rest of the male cast is "elsewhere on another adventure" which is arguably the case here. But then you have Nyanta and Soujiro (both unmatched fighters and both members of roundtable guilds) who don't seem to care that there's a super powered murderer wandering around who threatens to destroy the relationship between the two nations.
FlierFin663Nov 15, 2014 6:54 PM
Nov 15, 2014 7:00 PM

Oct 2013
her training method doesn't seem that good. no news on the raid up north.
i reckon akatsuki needs that metal eating sword
"Urushibara Ruka. The mannerisms and voice of a woman... No... More feminine than any woman. But he's a guy. Taller than Mayuri, but so very thin... But he's a guy. Looks great in a miko outfit... But he's a guy. It's already twilight And yet, it's so hot. The cicadas are crying. But... He's a guy."
Nov 15, 2014 7:24 PM

Aug 2014
Interesting to see how they defeat the murderer in the next episode and maybe get to see Akatsuki unleash her Teaching.
Nov 15, 2014 7:30 PM
Nov 2010
zat-bust said:
I was hoping for tatara to gift the sword to Akatsuki for the operation.

^This. Pretty sure that's what's gonna happen. x3

Yeah I've been finding a lot of this season a bit slow. It's still got the wonder of new interesting things happening but it's not executed without feeling stretched. Some of the focuses on the dialogue as well as Lenessia and Akatsuki trying to grow up and find their identities stalled all the other driving plots like the Goblin War, world-changing magic, adventurers becoming real people, or just plain ol combat.

It didn't seem clear if Lenessia was gonna ask to turn off the barrier or not. It sounded like she wasn't. If she asked, would the Kumie clan turn it off anyways? They'd have to guard against monsters coming into city 24/7 but the main problem would be PVP in town can't be stopped at all. That sounds extremely problematic. xD

I also started wondering what happened to all the guys when it showed that panoramic shot of the whole raid party.
yngtadpoleNov 15, 2014 7:37 PM
Nov 15, 2014 8:37 PM

Jun 2013
I'm starting to lose interest in this show.
Nov 15, 2014 9:33 PM
Nov 2012
The backgrounds have become better. The food looks very good. Some of the bento box selections look appetizing. Atatsuki has good taste in sushi. (Note to self: have dinner at Higuma, the local Japanese-run sushi place.)

As for the plot, it makes no sense. They want to turn off Akihabara's entire security system permanently to take down one murderer?
Nov 15, 2014 9:43 PM

Dec 2013
Damn, that sword is OP, kinda reminded me of Disgaea D2...Fuck you Baal.

I wonder just what happened to Crusty...and Shiroe? XP

I love Akatsuki's new outfit! Also love that she's getting some exposition lately, along with Lenessia, but they're kinda slowing the show down...A LOT.

Build-up episode, i think they handled it nicely though, i wasn't bored for the most part of this ep, but man, the pacing is slow, i think they should put Akatsuki and Lenessia aside for 1 episode, god.

Also wanted to add that the soundtrack this season is amazing! 4/5 episode this week.
FragOutFire said:

Why am I a Berserk fan? All I ever experience is pain.

We are in the eclipse and Miura has sacrificed us
Nov 15, 2014 11:27 PM
Jun 2011
Behind every great man, is a great woman keeping him balanced.
When the men fall, the women rise.
Oh yeah, shit's about to get real!

Super Akatsuki-chan is ready to kick ass and look gorgeous.
I go by many names, some call me Hoshimaru, others call me Jiro or Aosou-Kun.
I believe myself a force for good, a papercrafter by trade, and one who seeks love and beauty animesque.

I am the host of the youtube show Who Would You Do?
Nov 15, 2014 11:42 PM

Jun 2007
I dislike this season a bunch. I still cant get over the character designs. I get so distracted by them now. The story was awesome but has gotten progressively worse due to the piss poor explanations. Their explanations for things are rushed and out of the blue. The other episode where they're talking about the flavor text made it seem like they knew it was effecting their real life bodies...how the f are they gonna know that if they're all trapped in the friggin game?

The "teachings" feels so out of the blue. It was like the authors thought "you know what this show is missing? Special rare skills. Let's just randomly add them into an episode to a select few people. You know what, second thought let's give the skills to every guild leader and hope no one notices". No real explanation is given to what they are and how they came about. I can only assume that the teachings are similar to what Shiroe created in the first season (bringing the dead back to life).

And again the designs are horrid! Bring back the old artists!
Nov 16, 2014 1:31 AM

Jun 2013
DeathfireD said:

The "teachings" feels so out of the blue. It was like the authors thought "you know what this show is missing? Special rare skills. Let's just randomly add them into an episode to a select few people. You know what, second thought let's give the skills to every guild leader and hope no one notices". No real explanation is given to what they are and how they came about. I can only assume that the teachings are similar to what Shiroe created in the first season (bringing the dead back to life).

Actually, anything that is beyond the limits of the game can be classified as "teachings" (which is why it makes more sense to call them "overskills"). This includes, as you have mentioned, Shiroe's magic contracts, as well as seemingly mundane things like Nyanta's food preparation technique. They are rare and special only because different people have different ways of perceiving the world around them and thus ended up applying their knowledge of existing skills differently to create new unique skills.
Nov 16, 2014 1:32 AM

Aug 2010
A competent level 90 assassin not realizing until someone points out to her that her small stature is an advantage. Stellar writing as always. And another waste of 24 minutes on basically nothing.
Nov 16, 2014 2:04 AM
Jul 2018
Really like the 1st season. This season I'm finding it a chore to watch. Would rather focus more on the raid Shiroe is having than what is going on in Akihabara. Way too much time is spent on the princess.
Nov 16, 2014 2:39 AM

Jul 2013
Wonder how Shiroe's holding up.
Deconstruction ≠ Darker & Edgier
Trope ≠ Cliché (Face it, nothing is completely original. Can't make something from nothing so to say.).
Fanservice ≠ Ecchi (Though ecchi can please the fans!)
Popular ≠ Sucks... maybe
Seinen = K-ON! Shounen, Shoujo, Seinen and Josei are demographics.
Anime/Manga = Japanese Cartoons! Deal with it.

Support Movember. Raise awareness of men's health issues. Put a mustache on your avatars or something...
Nov 16, 2014 2:52 AM

Nov 2014
oldskoolpunk said:
The backgrounds have become better. The food looks very good. Some of the bento box selections look appetizing. Atatsuki has good taste in sushi. (Note to self: have dinner at Higuma, the local Japanese-run sushi place.)

And that's the point. If I wanted sushi, I'd go get sushi. If I wanted to go clothes shopping, I'd go clothes shopping. I'm not watching this show for bento box illustrations and bitches' outfits. This isn't Real Housewives. Time for some action and useful plot pacing or GTFO, plz.
Quality Queen.
Nov 16, 2014 6:04 AM

Sep 2010
About deactivating the barrier:
Fair enough that this one murderer scares the adventurers more than the hordes of weak monsters living near Akihabara. The monsters are just fodder, but the murderer can actually kill them. From the preview... looks like they deactivated a barrier. Maybe they'll be guarding the city manually from now on.

About pacing:
The first season adapted 5 novels. There are only 3 left, plus Kanami's material, so maybe that partly explains the slower pace. O.o?

About world building:
Kinda nice that Log Horizon manages to maintain such a massive cast of characters. I think it gives the world more... "depth", since so many more of the characters have a distinguishable appearance, and maybe a little personality. Ex: Tatara feeling bad about selling the weapon used by the murderer. (Aside: "Tatara" = the furnace used to produce tamahagane, the metal from which all traditional Japanese swords are made. ^^)

About teachings:
The "teachings" sound a bit like real life "skills". They're obtained through practice, and maybe a stroke of inspiration, and they can't really be taught. Consider... race driving. Drivers like Michael Schumacher and Ayrton Senna are extremely skilled, and that skill can't just be taught to someone else. While you can learn some theory about how the car moves, and practice some motions, that's nowhere near enough to make you a great racing driver. ...eh, I'm no good at explaining. >.<

In comparison, the regular "skills" are just "actions" that the game engine enables players to perform. You could say, there's little actual "skill" involved.
TakataNov 16, 2014 6:28 PM
Nov 16, 2014 6:07 AM

Nov 2012
Takata said:

About teachings:
The "teachings" sound a bit like real life "skills". They're obtained through practice, and maybe a stroke of inspiration, and they can't really be taught. Consider... race driving. Drivers like Michael Schumacher and Aryton Senna are extremely skilled, and that skill can't just be taught to someone else. While you can learn some theory about how the car moves, and practice some motions, that's nowhere near enough to make you a great racing driver. ...eh, I'm no good at explaining. >.<

its like kuroko no basket invisibilty maybe
IF YOU LIKE DEATH PARADE, GO WATCH BARTENDER!!!
my animesongs chord thread : here bro
Nov 16, 2014 7:18 AM

Apr 2011
It seems like there's less content and tries hard to stretch it out.
Nov 16, 2014 7:51 AM

Jul 2014
Takata said:
About teachings:
The "teachings" sound a bit like real life "skills". They're obtained through practice, and maybe a stroke of inspiration, and they can't really be taught. Consider... race driving. Drivers like Michael Schumacher and Aryton Senna are extremely skilled, and that skill can't just be taught to someone else. While you can learn some theory about how the car moves, and practice some motions, that's nowhere near enough to make you a great racing driver. ...eh, I'm no good at explaining. >.<

In comparison, the regular "skills" are just "actions" that the game engine enables players to perform. You could say, there's little actual "skill" involved.

It seems to me the meaning of Teachings/Overskills construes an enlightenment or evolution taking place that is unique to individual players that leads to the creation of a higher class skill.

I think Akatsuki probably won't be able to figure it out no matter how hard she practices or ponders over it, but in the heat of battle or when driven to a corner, a switch will flip somewhere and she performs it intuitively like a duck takes to water.
Nov 16, 2014 9:30 AM

Feb 2013
Yawn. nothing happened.
Jesus can walk on water. Cucumbers are 96% water. I can walk on cucumbers. I'm 96% Jesus.
Nov 16, 2014 9:59 AM

Sep 2014
Another good episode and next episode is gonna be badass.
Nov 16, 2014 10:42 AM
Jul 2018
I do not really mind slower pace,unlike the most people,or so it seems.
Nov 16, 2014 10:55 AM

Sep 2012
Nothing really new, just a buildup...

Anyone else getting tired of the princess? and here people get tired of YUI from SAO.

I am quite tired of the princess having so much screen time. I at least like yui.
Nov 16, 2014 11:30 AM

Nov 2014
I feel the delovement are a little slow and we have Akatsuki in a journey of finding himself, making new bounds and a new strength.

"Teachings" look like a Advanced Skill made from rare materials (Phantom Class according the anime) from Raids, just OP players have it. Now with the "Apocalypse", and how changed the way adventurers can made (craft) things like Nyanta cooking and Shiroe contracts, i guess Akatsuki maybe will create his own "Teachings" skill using his experience in combat. (I can't wait for next episode).
Nov 16, 2014 1:23 PM

Mar 2010
I as well as many others here I find myself starting to get annoyed at Leynessia, which is weird since she was best girl in the first season, at least in my opinion. Also that they fucked up her design which infuriates me.

And this episode was rather slow-paced like most of this arc in the city. A little to much drama for my taste. It might just be studio Deen fucking up as usual.

I hope next episode will be better with the fight.
Nov 16, 2014 1:30 PM

Aug 2011
Where's my raid!? :(
Nov 16, 2014 2:35 PM

Oct 2011
Can't wait to see how they defeat the murderer.

Akatsuki getting Haganemushi EPIC!!!

Is her teaching that kage bushin technique ( From the Op)
Nov 16, 2014 5:28 PM
Jan 2010
Dat OST! And the changes due to the Apocalypse that is still going on. It just keeps getting better and better.
Nov 17, 2014 9:50 AM

Dec 2013
FlierFin663 said:
Man, the pacing and direction for this season has really taken a dip. It felt like the whole first half alone was characters re-connecting the dots to things that both they and the viewers should already know. (flavor text becoming real, the effects of the murderer's weapon, etc.). I had to have seen at least 3 scenes where they devoted entire dialogues to infodumping something to the viewer. It got to the point where I was almost wanting to shout "Yes, I get it! Get on with it!"

Part of what made me enjoy the first season so much was that it was able to explain so much to the viewer without feeling intrusive or overbearing. Almost all infodumps were accompanied by relevant visuals instead of being restricted to conversation. Combat strategies were explained in the middle of combat, not before. Plot revelations were exposited upon as they were occurring, not after. And character's feelings were expressed more through actions than though continuous internal monologues.

I get the feeling that the writers have been trying to hard to preserve the narration of the light novels and not focusing hard enough on making an animated adaption to the story itself.

LoneUlfsark said:

I noticed that too. Normally, I could accept this as you can just say that the rest of the male cast is "elsewhere on another adventure" which is arguably the case here. But then you have Nyanta and Soujiro (both unmatched fighters and both members of roundtable guilds) who don't seem to care that there's a super powered murderer wandering around who threatens to destroy the relationship between the two nations.

I had the same question pop up in my mind as well. If they have Nyanta and Soujiro here with mad agility, speed and fighting experience, why don't they have them join the Akiba raid party? Why are they using a bunch of nobodies to go up against potentially the most dangerous threat that the city has ever seen? Unless it's some raid cap, it seriously makes no sense. Anyone care to enlighten?

Also, for the short sword upgrade Akatsuki is gonna get, for some reason this funny image popped up in my mind whereby the red-head throws the sword at her during the fight, and a button pops up with a "will you accept item?" query.
Then Akatsuki's gonna have to do some funny dodging sequence all over the place trying to avoid the Killer, who makes it so she can't press the "accept button" XD
HESTIAAPPROVES
Nov 17, 2014 5:44 PM

Oct 2013
Not a lot happened sure but I still think it was a okay episode, seems like a lot of people expect this series to be a masterpiece lol.

Nov 17, 2014 6:16 PM

Oct 2013
Wardo said:
Log horizon season 2 is just a huge disappointment to me so far :(

Yeah, basically, I've been skipping almost all of this ep and last ep.... probably dropping this if next ep doesn't look good.
Nov 18, 2014 1:48 AM

Dec 2011
From those weapon effects perhaps it's a good thing that so many lower level players were removed from the area.

The description of the weapon in the shop sounds like it would have been really useful.
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Nov 18, 2014 12:04 PM

Feb 2014
A really slow episode despite the good plot build. The counter sword appeared.
I just can't stop a bit complaining about that ED every episode though.

3/5
Nov 18, 2014 4:45 PM

Oct 2007
wow so many complaints about the episode being boring

that's just silly, the episode was interesting and fun to watch

meanwhile i see in the latest psycho pass episode some people actually saying it's a great episode, when in fact it was all about blowing things up
clearly people don't understand good story telling
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 18, 2014 4:53 PM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Finally. At least we get Akatsuki in a slightly different outfit now.

Still waiting for this show to get back the level of quality the first half of the first season had.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Nov 18, 2014 11:47 PM

Mar 2012
I'm starting to think that all adventurers got thrown into elder tale with their real body and not pixel like SAO. Here's how it happens, basically the fraction power summon all the players that was currently playing at that time into the world of elder tale, they can revive also because of the fraction power. Yea basically their previous human selves has been transform into that of gamer body as long as they're in that world. There's no hint at all that their real body is actually safely in their homes. I bet there were a huge panic on the real world because of the disappearance of some of the elder tale players.
Nov 18, 2014 11:48 PM

Nov 2012
Ganja17 said:
I'm starting to think that all adventurers got thrown into elder tale with their real body and not pixel like SAO. Here's how it happens, basically the fraction power summon all the players that was currently playing at that time into the world of elder tale, they can revive also because of the fraction power. Yea basically their previous human selves has been transform into that of gamer body as long as they're in that world. There's no hint at all that their real body is actually safely in their homes. I bet there were a huge panic on the real world because of the disappearance of some of the elder tale players.
greed island?
IF YOU LIKE DEATH PARADE, GO WATCH BARTENDER!!!
my animesongs chord thread : here bro
Nov 19, 2014 8:13 AM

Dec 2012
Seems like Akatsuki will get Haganemushi to go along with her new outfit!
I still can't get a grasp on what Teachings are...
Nov 19, 2014 9:47 AM

Nov 2011
Yaelin said:
Seems like Akatsuki will get Haganemushi to go along with her new outfit!
I still can't get a grasp on what Teachings are...

overpowered skills that will inevitably be used as deus ex machina devices sometime late in the series.
("but wait it's not that overpowered...yet)
You can buy lossless digital music from your favorite Japanese artists on https://ototoy.jp/.
The songs are all DRM-free and you can re-download your purchased albums as you wish.
Show your support to your favorite artist if you can!
ps. if you are looking for Japanese albums, you have to search it in Japanese (not romaji). Just copy and paste the name.

For those who want to learn Japanese through anime
Resources for learning the language
Nov 19, 2014 5:20 PM

Aug 2011
So, after seven episodes finally SOMETHING will happen?

» Escapism.

Nov 20, 2014 1:50 PM

Dec 2008
Let's kick some ass, ladies!!

Sent with Mal Updater
Nov 21, 2014 12:02 AM

Dec 2011
Damn. Looks like she will get an OP blade afterall. And yes, Marie is going to fight! Finally, another gang/guild leader on the front lines.
Nov 22, 2014 4:33 PM

Feb 2013
Seriously? ANOTHER setup episode... they are just dragging this out...

Akatsuki, learn to play with the noobs... wtf, she's high level...
Nov 22, 2014 9:41 PM

Mar 2010
Sigh..... Akatsuki this Akatsuki that. Shat up.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Log Horizon 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 6, 2014

221 by Kurusu_kun »»
Sep 19, 3:14 PM

Poll: » Log Horizon 2nd Season Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Mar 21, 2015

88 by PedroKarim64 »»
Sep 13, 12:56 PM

Poll: » Log Horizon 2nd Season Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 17, 2015

128 by Meritas »»
Aug 6, 3:17 AM

» Shit kids

CleanWhip - Apr 15, 2022

11 by hazecloud »»
Aug 3, 2:29 AM

Poll: » Log Horizon 2nd Season Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - Mar 28, 2015

227 by Scootboi »»
Jul 2, 8:10 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.