Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Log Horizon
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Oct 25, 2014 12:36 PM

Dec 2013
Boring. They need to stop with that lame-ass Shiroe harem. That's fucking boring and Akatsuki is an annoying bitch. Naotsugu x Marie is much more interesting lol.
Next episode might be interesting.

Q24 said:
Hmm... It looks a bit weak compared to this http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/images/4/45/Log_Horizon_Vol06_039.jpg

Of course, this anime is directed towards kids, it's airing hours are shit.

Bench-chan said:
what a boring episode, hiding lack of budget in multiple points

this season is so irregular ugh

1/5

Still better than the prequel.
Oct 25, 2014 12:42 PM

Sep 2014
I enjoyed this episode a lot also that end wonder what's gonna happen next.
Oct 25, 2014 12:51 PM

Oct 2011
Holy crap, someone actually has enough balls to hurt one of Soujirou's harem members guildmates? Bad move, bro, bad move...
Oct 25, 2014 1:11 PM

Jul 2014
I know Studio DEEN gets a lot of flak, but this episode for some reason really showed the "low-quality" animations. Otherwise, I thought it was a pretty plot setting episode with SoL.
Oct 25, 2014 1:14 PM

Dec 2011
The princess looked really cute and sexy in her Santa outfit and Akatsuki in her... well... reindeer outfit I guess :3

Hmmmm, I wonder who that girl faking to be on the "phone" was lol.

The princess said such sad things T.T

At the princess is somewhat changing after spending time with the adventurers.

Dat ending doe...
"Let justice be done, though the heavens fall."
Oct 25, 2014 1:28 PM

Mar 2012
Blood? O_o
Oct 25, 2014 1:42 PM

May 2010
Okashi_sama said:
Q24 said:
Hmm... It looks a bit weak compared to this http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/images/4/45/Log_Horizon_Vol06_039.jpg
A bit? it looked like shit compared to it

TheNaturalPerm said:
this show needs a slice of life tag and have all other tags removed.
My thoughts on this episode

boring episode, not enough Shiroe smartass talking.

exactly... damn studio deen why? -_-
Oct 25, 2014 1:45 PM

Sep 2014
Woo, shit is going down next time. I really enjoyed Akatsuki's story in the novels. Her sadness and jealousy was much more emphasized there though, or at least that's the feeling I got. I feel bad for Henrietta, but in my mind Shiroe and Akatsuki are the only pairing option ;_;. Man, I hate when a series creates a situation where a few characters are into the same person, especially when I find most likeable. Nothing puts me down as much as unrequited love, mostly because I'm such a loser myself. And while I love Akatsuki, I feel that Henrietta is a really good character. I hope she gets some attention too.

[b]Men talk of killing time, while time quietly kills them.

Oct 25, 2014 2:05 PM
Jun 2013
Idk how but I was predicting a cliffhanger when this. It still hypes me.
Oct 25, 2014 2:25 PM

Jul 2013
So if the Royal Guard didn't come when the guy was going to PK the girl, that must mean that he's a person of the land, right?
Holy shit, actual blood? Does this mean that now there's a way for the players to actually die instead of just respawning? Shit just got real!
Oct 25, 2014 2:37 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
I sense a massive lack of Tetora in this episode
Oct 25, 2014 3:09 PM

Jan 2011
Too bad Akatsuki didn't try the Santa outfit..

And for an assassin, she has a rather strong presence for people to notice her repeadetely when she is hiding in a far away tree or in the abandonded house etc.
Oct 25, 2014 3:34 PM

Sep 2007
I really miss the animation from the 1st season. Everything looked so much better in that season, would've thought it would only get a better budget since it's season 2.
The animation is taking out some of the joy, but the slow pacing of this filler-like episode is also hard to take. I'm really looking forward to the next episode though.
Oct 25, 2014 3:53 PM

Oct 2009
I'm not pleased with the whole blood appearing in the anime. I rather stay as far away from this style of players can be killed thing because then it just turns into SAO...
Oct 25, 2014 4:23 PM

Nov 2012
Really slow episode to this already slow second season.

Think I might put this on hold and marathon this later.
Oct 25, 2014 5:24 PM

Sep 2013
Kind of a slow episode mix with some thoughts of akatsuki

I wonde if the sword was made that way or he made the sword kill people where red blood showed.

Next episode, is Sou vs the evil guy in the end, BA is about to be revealed next episode!

Oct 25, 2014 5:51 PM

Jul 2011
I guess 24 episodes is still not enough for this anime to get good. First season is 95% talk and its looking the same all over again. At least SAO gives us crazy action with top notch animation.
Oct 25, 2014 7:08 PM

Apr 2011
Glad I skipped this episode. I hate Akatsuki and when I found out it was going to be all about her I decided to avoid it at all costs. May watch next week if stuff actually starts to happen though.

Dammit, get back to the raid group and the interesting characters! Akatsuki sucks!
Oct 25, 2014 7:09 PM

Aug 2013
Aw man does that mean Akihabara will be in trouble and then Shiroe has to cancel the raid, go home and save Akihabara then? I wanted to see some really bad ass boss too (╥︣﹏᷅╥᷅)

Soujirou has the teachings?! Maybe that's why Shiroe knew for sure that it exists~ What if Akatsuki develops feelings towards Soujirou now since he might teach her the Teachings and more time together and OMG NOOOOO┻━┻︵💨ᕙ(🔥益🔥ᕙ )
Oct 25, 2014 7:13 PM

Dec 2013
What a boring episode and if in the last scene that girl didn't die then this truly was a waste.
Oct 25, 2014 7:38 PM
Jun 2011
Q24 said:

Still, the fact that she actually bled is progress. They didn't show blood in the first series at all. If someone died they burst into sparkles. Kyouko got a name...and died as soon as we knew it.

Meanwhile: Poor Akatsuki and Henrietta, I don't know who I feel worse for. Another case of "I just to want to hug her and tell her it's alright."
Yes, Akatsuki is very much the obsidian dagger, strong and beautiful, but very fragile. Such a sweet girl, the only reason she isn't really part of the plot is her own crippling shyness.
I go by many names, some call me Hoshimaru, others call me Jiro or Aosou-Kun.
I believe myself a force for good, a papercrafter by trade, and one who seeks love and beauty animesque.

I am the host of the youtube show Who Would You Do?
Oct 25, 2014 8:02 PM

Aug 2012
That ending though
Oct 25, 2014 8:10 PM

Feb 2014
The animation on this episode was so "one piece", what the hell this studio do, i don't think they really try on it at all.

it was a really slow episode but i don't find it that boring though, i know this episode will come because this is the real start of this volume in the LN. I can understand akatsuki feeling but just get over with it and stand up, you are quite cool yourself. XD

I expected a scene like on LN illustration at the end of this episode so i am really reall disappointed with that animation.
Oct 25, 2014 8:40 PM
Aug 2014
Am I the only one who thought that the guy in the end was a Royal Guard?

Haven't read the LN, so I'm just theorizing.
Oct 25, 2014 9:15 PM

Sep 2010
BlackGaruda said:
Am I the only one who thought that the guy in the end was a Royal Guard?

Haven't read the LN, so I'm just theorizing.

I'm not sure if it's that simple, but I think there is some connection between this guy (Enheart Nelreth) and the royal guard. He was seen polishing royal guard armour in episode 1 of this season, and his armour does look a bit like royal guard armour. There's also the shot in the last episode of season 1 which appears to depict a royal guard gaining some sentience (at least that's how I interpreted it). Also, if he is a royal guard, that's one way he could know that the royal guard was not coming to stop him.

Not sure if I'm reading too much into the interface, but his white name-box suggests that he is neither an adventurer (purple) or person of the land (green).

I've only read a bit at the start of volume 6 of the light novel on baka-tsuki. This bit suggests that Akatsuki wanted Haganemushi (Ringing blade) a bit more than Byakumaru (Dew blade) (which was sold), but the anime doesn't seem to show it that way. O.o

Maybe it's a case of what can and can't be broadcast on this channel at this time, but the last scene of this episode is still underwhelming, especially when you compare it to the novel illustration.

The first scene of episode 1 showed Akatsuki fighting Enheart alongside a samurai, but the samurai's facial expression was so different I found it hard to believe it was actually Soujirou. O.O
TakataOct 25, 2014 9:20 PM
Oct 25, 2014 10:11 PM

Sep 2014
Akatsuki's been underwhelming for me till now. I really hope she actually has something else to do other than worry about how Shiroe feels about her and all that bs. :|
Oct 25, 2014 10:12 PM
Mar 2014
Interesting end. Was going to write off the episode as mostly filler related and frankly a bit boring seeing as it feels Princess Lenessia lost her charm (just feels different overall) but that ending, raises so many questions. Who was that (seen him before though)? How did he know the royal guards aren't coming? Why is their blood? Does this imply then that you can actually get killed? I figured even if she died, she can respawn but the blood part seems to suggest otherwise
Oct 25, 2014 10:15 PM

Jun 2014
Its been a bit slow lately, its building to a TON of shit going down soon, its obvious.
But its a little too much drama if you ask me. Makes it kinda boring.
Be sure to message me if you quoted me and want me to respond! Just give me a link to the forum, because usually I leave my comment, then leave the forum.
Oct 25, 2014 11:10 PM

Oct 2010
Gotta love how she bombastically proclaims that she's the Captain of the second squad, and then stabs herself on the sword without equipping any items.

*drip*drip*drip* One scrub down, a couple more to go.
Oct 25, 2014 11:15 PM

Jan 2011
pretty weak episode besides the end,reminded me of the finale couple episodes from last season...

Never harm a man's "harem" it won't end well!
Oct 25, 2014 11:16 PM

Jul 2014
Lots of character development and a cliffhanger ending. I actually like how the show focuses on all characters and they everyday lives. Say what you want for Akatsuki but as annoying as she can be, she is a million times better than standard cardboar cutouts we see in most animes. As for blood in the final scene... it intrigues me but it better not turns into SAO.
Can't wait for the next episode.
Oct 25, 2014 11:38 PM
Oct 2014
Give me back my 20 mins of life! Asides last minute this was waste of an episode. And man i hate X-mass events in any and all games, And now it's not even November and we get X-mass episode. The hell.

Here's hoping in December I'll get episode about that killer, raid inside dungeon, and any sightings of red nosed deer will be met with swift opening of deer season!
Oct 26, 2014 12:48 AM

Mar 2012
How Satan Claus can kill players inside the city?
Is his Sword a Rule Breaker?

TheNaturalPerm said:
this show needs a slice of life tag and have all other tags removed.

^
Do you play Azure Lane?
Then please join my fanclub
https://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=74907
Oct 26, 2014 1:02 AM

Oct 2013
Q24 said:

yeah
"Urushibara Ruka. The mannerisms and voice of a woman... No... More feminine than any woman. But he's a guy. Taller than Mayuri, but so very thin... But he's a guy. Looks great in a miko outfit... But he's a guy. It's already twilight And yet, it's so hot. The cicadas are crying. But... He's a guy."
Oct 26, 2014 1:59 AM

Jun 2013
What appropriate time for the ending song LOL.

Holy crap did that guy just break the no PK rule?? Is that girl going to die for reals yo?
Did the OP song spoil Akatsuki dying ?

Soujirou looked out of his freaking mind during the preview, super op
Oct 26, 2014 2:10 AM

Jun 2013
This anime would be much more atmospheric if people actually died. There are a couple of expendable characters with just enough development to build up a villain as a serious threat.
I'm not getting enough vegetables. I'm just not getting enough vegetables.
Oct 26, 2014 3:19 AM

Jan 2014
lucidbrandon said:
What appropriate time for the ending song LOL.

Holy crap did that guy just break the no PK rule?? Is that girl going to die for reals yo?
Did the OP song spoil Akatsuki dying ?

Soujirou looked out of his freaking mind during the preview, super op

lol. I'm pretty sure santa-san was part of the... people of the land....?

Oct 26, 2014 3:21 AM

Jan 2014
completesky said:
This anime would be much more atmospheric if people actually died. There are a couple of expendable characters with just enough development to build up a villain as a serious threat.

I agree. But it's also part of the charm of this show, I guess...

Oct 26, 2014 3:40 AM

Aug 2013
Wait why didn't she respawn? And blood? O___O But wouldn't that NPC be in more serious trouble? I mean when PoL die, they die permanently.

Just when I thought Henrietta's internal monologue was getting serious, she suddenly switches on her pervert mode LOL! She and Marielle never fails to brighten the mood :D

I liked this Akatsuki-centric episode. Her character was really shallow in S1 when all she ever did was "yes milord" and kicked Naotsugu when he mentions panties. Now we see a different side - she actually feels something! Adds depth to her character. Didn't think she dislikes Minori that much haha.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Oct 26, 2014 3:42 AM

Nov 2010
Lenessia and Akatsuki had some great outfits, but they don't look as good as first season in it
Fanservice fail
The characters feels so off now with the dub it's like DEEN didn't have time to sync with the script
And the hairstyles looks like wigs now instead of soft and natural

Christmas theme itself was done good with it's backgrounds and the story
Oct 26, 2014 3:43 AM

Sep 2014
The episode was rather slow. I'm guessing the exposure to Akatsuki becomes more relevant later on, but as it is now I didn't feel very excited watching her emo. The ending makes me look forward to next week though.
Oct 26, 2014 3:45 AM

Jan 2014
xchee said:
Wait why didn't she respawn? And blood? O___O But wouldn't that NPC be in more serious trouble? I mean when PoL die, they die permanently.

So it would be followed perfectly with the ending song. Lol.

I think she respawns but it wasn't just shown

Oct 26, 2014 4:30 AM
Feb 2014
this thread is exactly what i thought when i read book 6..people will whin a lot since it's all about akatsuki and her inferiority. what? people expecting stabbing to be showed on NHK?
Oct 26, 2014 5:57 AM

Jan 2014
Just the girls hanging out.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Oct 26, 2014 6:28 AM

Jul 2013
Meh episode. At least we're getting some developments next week.
Oct 26, 2014 11:25 AM

Apr 2009
I couldn't care less about anyone's love issues in this anime, pining is so irritating =_=

Is it just me or was Nyanta reaaaally badly drawn in this episode? He looked like a very generic cat person to me.

Next week's ep should at least be more interesting if the preview is any indication.
Oct 26, 2014 12:36 PM

Aug 2011
I wanted raiding not love bitching.
Oct 26, 2014 2:04 PM
Jul 2018
That animation was damn shitty. Seriously Deen,screw you.

I kind of enjoyed the episode and I did not mind the SoL elements,but it felt like it was used as build-up for what comes next.
Oct 26, 2014 3:11 PM

Jan 2013
Finally getting serious towards the end.
Felt like nothing happened though.
Really want some more focus on how to eventually get out of the game.
Oct 26, 2014 3:22 PM

May 2014
It seems like a lot of people didn't like the slow pacing of this episode. I think these kinds of episodes showcase what Log Horizon needs: more character development.

I'm absolutely loving the second season so far. Stuff is about to get real, for people who haven't read the LNs!
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Log Horizon 2nd Season Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 28, 2015

89 by Kraum »»
May 30, 12:39 AM

Poll: » Log Horizon 2nd Season Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 15, 2014

125 by Kraum »»
May 28, 10:15 PM

Poll: » Log Horizon 2nd Season Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 14, 2015

103 by Dawizz »»
May 20, 5:40 PM

Poll: » Log Horizon 2nd Season Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 21, 2015

103 by Dawizz »»
May 20, 5:39 PM

Poll: » Log Horizon 2nd Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 22, 2014

134 by Dawizz »»
May 20, 5:36 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.