Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Aldnoah.Zero Season One
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (15) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Aug 23, 2014 11:20 AM

Oct 2010
SO MANY FEELZ.

Thank god this isn't one of those mecha anime without plot.
Aug 23, 2014 11:21 AM

Feb 2014
Really liked the episode, the traitors don't really want the war to stop. And Slaine was tortured... looks like that count is the lider of the traitors.
Aug 23, 2014 11:21 AM

Aug 2009
I love how diametrically different the situations are for both protags lol. I need Inaho to finally mess something up, he's getting almost like Kirito...

Maybe it's because i haven't seen much mecha shows, but I quite enjoy this one *shrugs*
Aug 23, 2014 11:22 AM
Nov 2013
TheUnbiasedOne91 said:
Slaine is like Itachi, being the hero in the darkness; protecting someone in the shadows, enduring turmoil for the one they love, and playing the traitor. I would be deeply devastated if he doesn't get with the princess for all he has done.And please somebody torture that little emotionless clown Inaho to death

stop being fanboy has limits, please do not talk nonsense.
Itachi made ​​the village a group of people he barely knew, and Slaine does it for only one person a typical love sickness, one that makes you forget yourself
Aug 23, 2014 11:22 AM

Apr 2011
Damn! Just when Cruhteo realizes the truth, he gets killed.

It was good that they include the scene about how they got the battleship at the beginning.
Aug 23, 2014 11:23 AM

Oct 2007
Fai said:
Kaioshin_Sama said:

Is 4 episodes to the season finale a good enough time?

2 cours.

Season finale is end of a season, series finale is the end of a series. I'm aware though.

Anyway that was easily the flat out worst episode to date that covered almost no new ground with any of the major characters it really needed to. In an entire episode of character scenes and no action till the very end the status quo is basically entirely maintained much like it was in episode 6 except one character that has had surprisingly little impact ends up exiting the stage having surprisingly little impact. Inaho is emotionally dead, Hime sad about the conflict, Slaine trying to protect his hime, Rayet hates Martians, Captain is a hard ass, Earth crew are comic relief, Marito is struggling, Power of Aldnoah is mighty, "Earthling Scum" etc. etc.

MAL will probably love it though cause it likes anything that plays itself off as tough and gritty and mature regardless of the cheesiness and one note nature of the execution. All this episode needed was to have had Slaine tortured by a yandere instead (could have been Femianne, but well...you know) and feedback would have probably been through the roof this week.
PeacingOutAug 23, 2014 11:29 AM

Jun 2012
deadoptimist said:
Though I kinda hate the Earth cast after this. The contrast of caressly joking shoolchildren and dancing princessed with Slaine's grave predicamant was too much.

For pretty much all the series now I've preferred watching Slaine a lot more than the people on Earth, so that scene flicking back and forth between him getting tortured and them just laughing around was frustrating to watch. I was surprised to see that they left Slaine behind in the first place.

Good episode though. Just hope Slaine catches a break.

Sep 2010
Segneal said:
(thinking)i wont open my mouth about the princess.
then proceeds to say everything.

nice logic there

He wouldn't have believe him. Cruhteo only believed him because of the Adlnoah drive proof.
Aug 23, 2014 11:25 AM

Aug 2014
Slaine was taking it like a champ until Cruhteo finally realised the situation the kid was in. I did not expect Cruhteo to change his opinion about Slaine so quickly though.

Nov 2012
Lol'd at Cruhteo. "Ready my Tharsis!" *ZUUUUPPPP*... annihilated.

Jun 2013
Keten said:

We got more insight into what Slaine was thinking at the time of last episodes confrontation, he feels Inaho is just as bad as Cruhteo/Saazbaum for exploiting her, I suppose I can understand that. Though his torture scene went on way too long, felt like they were just trying to shoehorn the "LOOK HOW BAD TORTURE IS" stuff... I still don't like how his entire character can basically be summed up with, "I LOVE HIME-SAMA AND WILL DO ANYTHING FOR HER"

Yeah although he's a reliable character, he's not really an interesting one with his straightforward mindset. His dragged-out torture scene was just unnecessary imo. I was thinking in my head, "I get it. I get it. I get your point! He's loyal to the princess. Move on already." It's like writers can't find another way of developing Slaine.

Keten said:
A side character said that "Not all Martians are bad after all.". Now see, here is where it doesn't make sense for me. Why did Inaho instantly assume Slaine was dangerous if he KNEW not all Martians are bad? On top of that, even if he figured they were, capturing him after shooting him down would have made sense to gain information.

I'd say shooting Slaine down was more of a spur of the moment for Inaho. Slaine actually was the one who shot Inaho first, to which inaho responded by sinking Slaine's airship. Inaho thought Slaine was just another Martian who was trying to exploit the princess (because Inaho saw the assassination attempt as well), so it wouldn't be an exaggeration to think Inaho considers all Martians except the princess as enemies.

Keten said:
Also, the flashbacks surprisingly added absolutely nothing to any character... It was basically just a different version of the first scene in the first episode and a recap of the water kiss... Talking about Earth, talking about how nice it is, yada yada yada... Meh...

Yeah, not the most useful flashback. Like, we know you want peace between Terrans and Martians, Princess, no need to have a whole flashback telling us what we already know about you.

Keten said:
I thought Cruhteo's shift in personality at the end was way too sudden. He is the type that is so against Terrans that he doesn't even think they are capable of thought and are so inferior to him and yet when he hears a bit of information, he instantly figures out that the Princess is alive and Slaine is a hero for going to save her... Bit too fast but whatever, at least it's something. It felt like they were just trying to shoehorn a nice side to him in before of course...

Agreed. More so to the last few minutes before Cruhteo dies. If the show's going to kill him off, why even bother having him figure out everything and portraying him as someone good, after showing 15 minutes of him torturing Slaine? Killing off Cruhteo was probably the second worst decision on the writers' part, next to the decision to have the protagonists coincidentally find a Martian battleship in Tanegashima (instead of trying to build Vers technology themselves with the princess or Slaine in some way). Cruhteo could have been an interesting character because, like you said, he could have been the main character of a Martian Civil War, but he dies before he can do anything.

I'm probably being too critical. But give me a chance to like people before you kill them off suddenly.
Aug 23, 2014 11:26 AM

Aug 2014
So this episode was 90% of a whole lot of nothing ((how many times do we have to see the princess go mouth to mouth with Slaine before we get the idea that he likes her a lot?)), 5% princess revealing who she is to the filthy terrans ((I said filthy terrans can I be a knight now?)), and 5% ((kinda forced)) plot development that got erased in the last minute of the episode.

Masterpiece!
Aug 23, 2014 11:27 AM

Jul 2014
Wolfiexe said:
For pretty much all the series now I've preferred watching Slaine a lot more than the people on Earth, so that scene flicking back and forth between him getting tortured and them just laughing around was frustrating to watch. I was surprised to see that they left Slaine behind in the first place.
Good episode though. Just hope Slaine catches a break.

Yeah, it is sad that they didn't let him have a bit of a calm time in the Cruhteo's castle. It would be nice to see the count being sorry.
I hope that Cruhteo isn't dead, he is the first martian knight to stop being one-dimensional after all. Also he is pretty good looking.
Aug 23, 2014 11:32 AM
Oct 2010
Why does no one suspect the red hair girl is a martian? She is literally saying things that scream "I am a Martian" so I don't get it, this isn't the first ep either, doesn't anyone find it strange her knowledge of martian society and her words come off as suspicious?

And Saazbuum legit took out a castle and its leader and none noticed? Also I like how slaine says "I mustn't give her up" then gives up she's alive 5 seconds after LOL.
Aug 23, 2014 11:33 AM

Oct 2007
skudoops said:
Why does no one suspect the red hair girl is a martian? She is literally saying things that scream "I am a Martian" so I don't get it, this isn't the first ep either, doesn't anyone find it strange her knowledge of martian society and her words come off as suspicious?

And Saazbuum legit took out a castle and its leader and none noticed? Also I like how slaine says "I mustn't give her up" then gives up she's alive 5 seconds after LOL.

It's like the write forget the characters stance partway into writing the scene and just went for whatever seemed like it would be the most dramatic turn. He's far from the only character shown flip flopping in the last 3 or so episodes but for how melodramatic they were making the scene and how much focus it got this episode is was probably the most blatant example.
Aug 23, 2014 11:37 AM

Aug 2007
It was an okay ep. I was really hoping it wouldn't go down this way but I'm curious on how they will handle it now.

Darklight0303 said:
Wow the writer fucked up. They actually left him behind.

Oh yeah this. Now its pretty much Slaine on the wrong side till he figures out that Saazbaum is really the traitor. Which I don't see for now since he probably will think Saazbaum is his savior while he probably treats Cruhteo as the traitor.
Aug 23, 2014 11:38 AM

Aug 2014
Kaioshin_Sama said:
skudoops said:

It's like the write forget the characters stance partway into writing the scene and just went for whatever seemed like it would be the most dramatic turn. He's far from the only character shown flip flopping in the last 3 or so episodes but for how melodramatic they were making the scene and how much focus it got this episode is was probably the most blatant example.
And I wasn't sarcastically calling this show a masterpiece I was sarcastically calling this episode a masterpiece...maybe I should have made that more clear. I agree though that Slaine and Marito are two of the more interesting characters but it feels like the show is just abusing them and really wasting any kind of potential they could have. I mean what's going to happen to Slaine now? More torture time? Jail time? The last couple of minutes of the episode just wasted so much potential not just for Slaine but for the show as a whole. The idea of Cruhteo fighting the conspirators was way more interesting than what we're getting.
Aug 23, 2014 11:38 AM

Nov 2013
This episode was a joke. Seriously? The ending doesn't raise even the fanboys eyebrows?

Cruhteo went from kicking his ass and ordering for his death to absolute devotion in the space of about a minute, then Saazbaum shows up and kills everyone? Princess randomly swans in and applies judo to a student?

What the fuck happened? I wouldn't be surprised if in the next episode Gurren Lagann is found at the bottom of a lake when the princess goes skinny dipping.
the official MAL hall of fame/cursed comments is now open for business - you are welcome to PM me any potential quotes to include
Aug 23, 2014 11:40 AM

Jul 2014
skudoops said:

Yep, even if everybody else is supposed to be braindead, Inaho was there.

Keten said:
Saazbaum kills Cruhteo... >_> I am not going to say it doesn't make sense... but THIS is something that feels forced just in the way it's delivered... They had the perfect opportunity to start a civil war subplot between 2 sides of the Vers Empire, showing different sides of the supposedly evil country which could open up the possibility for showing off both good and bad martians... Too bad we aren't going to get it now, because of course they have to kill off the only guy who could start such a thing. I don't mind if he is assassinated, but the timing was just ridiculous, like the show is afraid of showing nice Martians besides the Princess and her little helper loli.

And I was ready to praise this show for, finally, having guts to develop the situation further. The three-sided conflict would be so much better.
Even if they wanted to kill of Cruhteo they should've given him more time to show his slightly less bad side. I was so looking forward to it... Т_Т So much potential for feels lost.
Aug 23, 2014 11:42 AM

Sep 2013
DivineTrinity said:

Oh yeah this. Now its pretty much Slaine on the wrong side till he figures out that Saazbaum is really the traitor. Which I don't see for now since he probably will think Saazbaum is his savior while he probably treats Cruhteo as the traitor.

UUUUGGHH.... I swear if that is the direction they are going then I am going to be cringing 5x more... It's totally the direction they are going for too because he's going to send Slaine after Inaho, saying that he wants to save the Princess to initiate more fights between the 2 MC's so Saazbaum get's an opening to try killing the Princess...

deadoptimist said:
Т_Т So much potential for feels lost.

This show in a nutshell. Lol
Aug 23, 2014 11:46 AM

Aug 2009
deadoptimist said:
Keten said:
Saazbaum kills Cruhteo... >_> I am not going to say it doesn't make sense... but THIS is something that feels forced just in the way it's delivered... They had the perfect opportunity to start a civil war subplot between 2 sides of the Vers Empire, showing different sides of the supposedly evil country which could open up the possibility for showing off both good and bad martians... Too bad we aren't going to get it now, because of course they have to kill off the only guy who could start such a thing. I don't mind if he is assassinated, but the timing was just ridiculous, like the show is afraid of showing nice Martians besides the Princess and her little helper loli.

And I was ready to praise this show for, finally, having guts to develop the situation further. The three-sided conflict would be so much better.
Even if they wanted to kill of Cruhteo they should've given him more time to show his slightly less bad side. I was so looking forward to it... Т_Т So much potential for feels lost.

^^^^this. I would have absolutely adored a civil war subplot. Especially since it would be more interesting than whatever-is-going-on-Earth.
Aug 23, 2014 11:49 AM

Dec 2012
Pointless action on the Princess's part.. *flips the guy approaching her, proceeds to reveal herself and says she's no harm*.

I like the music, plot is okay so far. Honestly, nothing is nagging me in this that's making me want to continue watching it or even get excited for it.. except for the music, I suppose. Yeah, the music is good.
Aug 23, 2014 11:49 AM

Jul 2014
Keten said:
deadoptimist said:
Т_Т So much potential for feels lost.

I just can't. They finally did what was necessary long ago - gave Slaine his own hard earned place among the martians, but then sent it all to hell in less than a minute. It wasn't even meaningful, because Slaine was unconscious at that moment. Why? Why are they doing this to me?!
Aug 23, 2014 11:52 AM
Aug 2008
lol @ Slaine.

at first he have super ong flash back that basically say "i wont give information about prncess".

but what? he just did! LOL

Jul 2012
AwesomeDudex3 said:
Classic Gen Urobuchi.
Makes you feel sorry for the character, show some development, then to have them killed off.
Slaine is such a boss. His admiration for the princess allowed him to endure such toture. I would have cried after 2 whips.
Inaho is as bland as ever.......

No. Gen only worked on the first three episodes.

Aug 2014
deadoptimist said:
Keten said:

I just can't. They finally did what was necessary long ago - gave Slaine his own hard earned place among the martians, but then sent it all to hell in less than a minute. It wasn't even meaningful, because Slaine was unconscious at that moment. Why? Why are they doing this to me?!
Because Inaho can be the only hero in this show. I've thought about it and that's really what this episode is trying to prove. Cruhteo had potential, sabered, Marito has potential, trauma, Slaine has potential, not now though. Look forward to more Inaho vs crazy knight of the week.
Aug 23, 2014 11:53 AM

Jul 2014
y123y said:
Uber_Dewber said:
Pointless action on the Princess's part.. *flips the guy approaching her, proceeds to reveal herself and says she's no harm*.

I like the music, plot is okay so far. Honestly, nothing is nagging me in this that's making me want to continue watching it or even get excited for it.. except for the music, I suppose. Yeah, the music is good.

I actually lost some respect for the princess because of that slam to that guy in the beginning.

And this too. It was completely unnecessary, potentially dangerous and strange for a princess. Not to mention that it's stupid to do it to a military-trained guy in front of his comrades (and wnen they are already suspicious of you).

Eleoric said:
Because Inaho can be the only hero in this show. I've thought about it and that's really what this episode is trying to prove. Cruhteo had potential, sabered, Marito has potential, trauma, Slaine has potential, not now though. Look forward to more Inaho vs crazy knight of the week.

I'll go cry in the corner for a bit, don't mind me. ;_;
Aug 23, 2014 11:57 AM

Jan 2014
I don't really like this episode.

Slaine is becoming one-dimensional. He loves Hime and prepares to oppose both Martian and Terran alike. Martian started this war you know, and Terran is suffering, millions was dead, and you only care about Hime? You are a Terran too, at least sympathize with your people suffering a little. I expect him to at least have an inner struggle, but I'm disappointed.

Seem heroic and badass? yes, but a love-obsessed hero will go to nowhere.

This episode doesn't develop Slaine at all. On the other hand, it degenerates him into a one-dimentional character. "I loves Princess, I will do anything for her, even going against my own people". I don't like this kind of character at all.

Cruhteo has a potential development now, and he is dead. =.=

Calm, you disappoint me. Your change is too quick.

Not so much for Inaho and Hime this episode either. Inaho gets nothing and Hime just get a little. She seems determined and has a cute side. But that's all. She thinks about the knowledge Sliane taugh her, but she doesn't worry about him one bit. Just like he is a dead friend lol...

Finally, FAN SERVICE, bah, THAT WAS NOT A KISS, WHY ARE YOU TRYING SO HARD TO MAKE IT LOOK LIKE ONE? I"M ANNOYED.

Please give me back Inaho vs. something. At least that is more enjoyable than this bad episode.
Just_ChickenAug 23, 2014 12:01 PM
Aug 23, 2014 11:57 AM

Jun 2013
Vexper said:
This episode was a joke. Seriously? The ending doesn't raise even the fanboys eyebrows?

Cruhteo went from kicking his ass and ordering for his death to absolute devotion in the space of about a minute, then Saazbaum shows up and kills everyone? Princess randomly swans in and applies judo to a student?

What the fuck happened? I wouldn't be surprised if in the next episode Gurren Lagann is found at the bottom of a lake when the princess goes skinny dipping.

Everyone who doesn't pointlessly nitpick every moment of this show is a fanboy. Right.

People like you are the ones who are more obsessed with this show than anyone else. I mean, it's great you are so devoted and all, I won't criticize your incredible obsession with Aldnoah Zero.

It's a nice show and all, but maybe you could move on to something else as well?

Nobody can rival Kaioshin-sama's obsession with those show though, the dude practically worships it at this point.

On topic: Nice episode as usual, but a little too fujoshit pandering for my liking.
ex_necrossAug 23, 2014 12:02 PM
Aug 23, 2014 12:05 PM
Jul 2014
y123y said:

Mmm, interesting :()
Aug 23, 2014 12:06 PM

Sep 2013
chickenonthepan said:
I don't really like this episode.

Slaine is becoming one-dimensional. He loves Hime and prepares to oppose both Martian and Terran alike. Martian started this war you know, and Terran is suffering, millions was dead, and you only care about Hime? You are a Terran too, at least sympathize with your people suffering a little. I expect him to at least have an inner struggle, but I'm disappointed.

Seem heroic and badass? yes, but a love-obsessed hero will go to nowhere.

This episode doesn't develop Slaine at all. On the other hand, it degenerates him into a one-dimentional character. "I loves Princess, I will do anything for her, even going against my own people". I don't like this kind of character at all.

Not so much for Inaho and Hime this episode either. Inaho gets nothing and Hime just get a little. She seems determined and has a cute side. But that's all. She thinks about the knowledge Sliane taugh her, but she doesn't worry about him one bit. Just like he is a dead friend lol...

Finally, FAN SERVICE, bah, THAT WAS NOT A KISS, WHY ARE YOU TRYING SO HARD TO MAKE IT LOOK LIKE ONE? I"M ANNOYED.

Please give me back Inaho vs. something. At least that is more enjoyable than this bad episode.

I agree with you. Slaine was a case of a character who had a lot of potential for growth in earlier episodes. Now though all of his conversations have to do with Hime-sama, is she okay? is this guy a traitor to hime-sama? is he loyal to hime-sama? are you going to exploit hime-sama? That's his entire character now... Disappoints me a lot. Hopefully he gets a proper personality though.. but I can't say anything in the show is pointing me to the conclusion he will.
Aug 23, 2014 12:06 PM
Oct 2010
Kaioshin_Sama said:
skudoops said:

It really does feel like everyone is writing their own scene then everything is put together after.

y123y said:

Because no one cares about her. I dont even know her name. Do you know her name without checking it first?

Well a major concern for them was that there were martians aboard the ship.. I just find it odd that no one has picked up on that.
Aug 23, 2014 12:07 PM

Jul 2014
chickenonthepan said:

I agree that they overdid it with showing his resolve. Though he was in a really unfortunate situation - the best thing he could do for hime was to die.

chickenonthepan said:

I am so unhappy with this... I will whine about it for the whole week, I fully intend to be annoying as hell.

chickenonthepan said:

I wanted to see him slap her. Would wake her up to the consequences of her actions a bit too.

chickenonthepan said:

Yep, I was surprised she didn't even ask what had happened to the guy. Instead she was skipping around as a five years old girl.
deadoptimistAug 23, 2014 12:11 PM

Aug 2010
Screw Inaho, why would they not capture Slaine instead of leaving him there

If they wanted him dead, they should confirm his death
Now the Martians have a potential source to the princess being alive
Very bad operational security by Inaho

Jan 2014
y123y said:

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY ABOUT SLAINE!!!????? OH HECK NO!!!!!

And Slaine doesnt like the princess in my opinion. I just think he likes making out with her.

Even that is true, it doesn't change the fact that Slaine is too obsessed with Hime. He has no inner struggle, or in the other words, one dimensional.
We didn't have a look into Inaho's mind. And this will be my final hope for some character depth now.
This episode devoted to develop characters but it failed.
Aug 23, 2014 12:09 PM
Aug 2008
Next week
(hopefully)
Our pokerface hero vs mentally troubled high-ranking martian leader.

the battle always silly and fun and interesting and awesome :D
Aug 23, 2014 12:10 PM

Oct 2008
MrLief said:
AwesomeDudex3 said:
Classic Gen Urobuchi.
Makes you feel sorry for the character, show some development, then to have them killed off.
Slaine is such a boss. His admiration for the princess allowed him to endure such toture. I would have cried after 2 whips.
Inaho is as bland as ever.......

No. Gen only worked on the first three episodes.

Oh, that explains why this one was so badly written, at one point I thought I had skipped one episode, the way that Slaine ends in the hands of Cruhteo doesn't make any sense
Aug 23, 2014 12:10 PM

Jul 2014
stickmansam said:
If they wanted him dead, they should confirm his death
Now the Martians have a potential source to the princess being alive
Very bad operational security by Inaho

That's very strange too. The only reason for shooting the engine was to try and catch the pilot for interrogation afterwards. Otherwise he should've shpt the cockpit. There's no way to justify Inaho's logic here.
Aug 23, 2014 12:14 PM

Jan 2014
seems like it's going to be clearwho plottetd to kill the princess.
Aug 23, 2014 12:15 PM

Dec 2008
Sucks to be Cruhteo right now, but serves him right for his treatment of Slaine. I don't care if he finally realized at the end that he was wrong about Slaine. He still needs to pay for how horribly he treated him.

Unfortunately, there's no one left on Mars that has an interest in stopping the war.

I think what Sauzbaum's going to do to Slaine is going to be WAY worse than what Cruhteo was doing to him. Poor Slaine.
Aug 23, 2014 12:15 PM

Aug 2014
Bartisaur said:
4) Koichirou Marito - Everyone knows he's traumatized. That's why the way he fainted when he was trying to battle the multi-gauntlet Kataphrakt was sensible. It does not explain however, why he couldn't pilot one as well when they were still at the port. I mean, he was able to fight the barrier Kataphrakt and even give orders to his superior during that battle but all of a sudden he can't even move his mech. It's just... weird.
The writer changed around this episode if that helps make any more sense of it.
Aug 23, 2014 12:16 PM
Feb 2014
Damn, there goes another series I'm watching this season deteriorate. (ZnT and SaO II being the others I'm currently still watching. ZnT's quality has been deteriorating ever since the introduction of a specific character and SaO II which isn't really deteriorating but which I didn't really expect much from.)

1) Inaho Kaizuka - The writers were building him up as a character who, if lacking in emotion, was able to contain and hide his emotion in order to make the most logical decisions. What he did was the complete opposite of what he was being built to be since any logical person would have been curious as to why Slaine was helping them. I mean, all the Martians, except for the Princess (who he knew was being targeted by the Martians), that have appeared have tried to kill them. All of a sudden someone in a Martian's plane appears and ends up helping them and what he decides to do is shoot him down and not bother to even try to go for the capture in order to gather more information (or at least verify as dead. He might as well have expected the gauntlet Kataphrakt's knight to have died when it was rammed by the Decualion and not have shot it's cockpit). He even tells the Princess in the episode that Slaine was scared that the princess was being exploited. So yeah...

2) Rayet Areash - For someone who, together with her family / friends / comrades, tried to kill the Princess for the purpose of being able to go to Mars, she keeps blaming all the Martians. It would have made sense if they knew that the Princess was a "evil" being but I doubt anyone in Earth / Mars would have thought of her to be "evil". Well, it makes sense that she hates Martians, but why go as far as act in a hostile manner towards the Princess who she knew was asked to be assassinated by the very people who used and murdered her family / friends / comrades.

3) The Captain and her Attendant - For people who've been doing absolutely nothing, except end up getting saved by Inaho and his friends, they sure act high and mighty. The writers will probably show their capabilities in an episode though. But it has to be done soon.

4) Koichirou Marito - Everyone knows he's traumatized. That's why the way he fainted when he was trying to battle the multi-gauntlet Kataphrakt was sensible. It does not explain however, why he couldn't pilot one as well when they were still at the port. I mean, he was able to fight the barrier Kataphrakt and even give orders to his superior during that battle but all of a sudden he can't even move his mech. It's just... weird. Like the Captain and her attendant, I'm sure the writers will build him up in a coming episode. We might even see the Captain forgiving him (since she claimed that she hated him for "murdering" her brother) since she's seen the Kataphrakt as well as the Aldnoah-drive-powered battleship hidden in the island. Which in turn will "cure" his trauma for being unable to help his best friend.

5) The battle soundtrack / episode pattern - It was great during the first two episodes, however they've overused the pattern as well as the sountrack. Martian Kataphrakts arrive and own the military and just as everyone's about to die *play soundtrack* Inaho and friends come out with their mechs to beat the Martians. That being said, I find this episode better than the previous 2-3 since they chose not to use that exact same pattern. I don't really agree with Cruhteo dying though (but it would absolutely make no sense if he ends up surviving after being hit with the laser)

Oh well. Despite having these negative opinions, I really do hope that the writers are able to improve on the development of the characters and the series in general.
Aug 23, 2014 12:17 PM

Sep 2010
y123y said:
Inaho is Tsumugu from Asukara. Everything always goes on his side for no reason at all.

Slaine is Kaname. Hes got to suffer and suffer more because he can catch one break.

Looks like its back to space for Slaine.

They are nothing alike. Tsumugu's not a sociopath. :/
Aug 23, 2014 12:20 PM
Jul 2018
Well,it was better than few previous episodes,though it is still fairly mediocre at the best.
Aug 23, 2014 12:20 PM

Dec 2012
Bartisaur said:
Damn, there goes another series I'm watching this season deteriorate. (ZnT and SaO II being the others I'm currently still watching. ZnT's quality has been deteriorating ever since the introduction of a specific character
Completely unrelated to Aldnoah, but in my opinion, Zankyou no Terror is probably the second best show of the season, Barakamon being first. Aldnoah is the bigger let-down.
Aug 23, 2014 12:22 PM
Oct 2010
Uber_Dewber said:
Bartisaur said:
Damn, there goes another series I'm watching this season deteriorate. (ZnT and SaO II being the others I'm currently still watching. ZnT's quality has been deteriorating ever since the introduction of a specific character
Completely unrelated to Aldnoah, but Zankyou no Terror is probably the second best show of the season, Barakamon being first. Aldnoah is the bigger let-down.

I can't say I agree, ZnT is probably the biggest disappointment this season and I already know which character he's referring to and yes that character is awful.
Aug 23, 2014 12:23 PM
Jul 2018
Uber_Dewber said:
Bartisaur said:
Completely unrelated to Aldnoah, but in my opinion, Zankyou no Terror is probably the second best show of the season, Barakamon being first. Aldnoah is the bigger let-down.

But I'd say that ZnT's quality is dropping as well. First few episodes were pretty good,at least,up until SHE showed up. Though,it is not as disappointing as Aldnoah.Zero.
removed-userAug 23, 2014 12:28 PM
Aug 23, 2014 12:28 PM
Mar 2013
I guess I'm the only one here thinking Inaho has the potential of becoming some sort of Anti-Hero.
Wouldn't be so bad.
Aug 23, 2014 12:30 PM

Aug 2014
NubbyMcNubNub said:
I guess I'm the only one here thinking Inaho has the potential of becoming some sort of Anti-Hero.
Wouldn't be so bad.
It would be great but...they need to actually make the effort to develop his character in such a way which they really seem to be trying to avoid doing...developing characters that is...
Aug 23, 2014 12:31 PM

Dec 2012
skudoops said:
Uber_Dewber said:
Completely unrelated to Aldnoah, but Zankyou no Terror is probably the second best show of the season, Barakamon being first. Aldnoah is the bigger let-down.

I can't say I agree, ZnT is probably the biggest disappointment this season and I already know which character he's referring to and yes that character is awful.
The quality seems to have only improved to me, I think "that character" is going to have an important role in the near future.

Anyways, to actually continue contributing to this topic, Aldnoah is a good example of a series that had a decent, promising start and began tumbling a bit down hill. I'm not saying that it's bad, just that it could be a lot better.
Uber_DewberAug 23, 2014 12:36 PM
Pages (15) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2014

2123 by Softhenic03 »»
Apr 24, 9:01 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 13, 2014

319 by Softhenic03 »»
Apr 24, 1:22 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 6, 2014

474 by Softhenic03 »»
Apr 24, 12:50 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 30, 2014

837 by Softhenic03 »»
Apr 24, 12:04 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 16, 2014

719 by Softhenic03 »»
Apr 23, 1:38 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.