Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Akame ga KILL!
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (11) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »
Jul 14, 2014 6:50 AM

Jan 2010
For me it was a great episode, although well run and abrupt cuts, the direction is not the best, but in terms of adaptation is going well, the fanservice only helps me, who complains should be otomes those who were otherwise , would not speak anything, right?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the
Jul 14, 2014 7:00 AM

Jan 2014
The demonization of Ogre was hilarious.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Jul 14, 2014 7:14 AM

Jan 2014
Tatsumi is pretty badass when he needs to be. It was cool to see a new, happier side of Akame this episode!

Can't wait to see Mine training Tatsumi. That last clip of her cracked me up.
Jul 14, 2014 7:36 AM

May 2013
It's like they've got a checklist of every shounen cliche to have ever existed.
These villains are so laughably evil, it's so goddamn hilarious. 10/10 for pure enjoyment.
Jul 14, 2014 8:41 AM

May 2013
EPIC episode, Tatsumi decimated Ogre.
Jul 14, 2014 8:50 AM

Feb 2013
you are all talking like the manga is deaht serius, but to begin with, you have rly much comedy in the manga

Mod Edit: Removed spoilers.
VudisJul 14, 2014 12:27 PM
My favorite quotes from animes:

Those who seek miracles will never experience one. The hand of salvation only extends to people
who try to make miracles happen. - Ef a tale of melodies.
I destroy worlds. I create worlds. - Code geass
We are humans. - Shinsekai yori
100 push-ups, 100 sit-ups, 100 squats, and a 10km run EVERY SINGLE DAY!!! - One punch man
Jul 14, 2014 8:51 AM

Oct 2013
Great episode,looking forward for more.

Jul 14, 2014 9:20 AM

Nov 2013
The fight was.. a little disappointing. Kinda sucks that the animation wasn't that good but at least the OST is great.
They did a better job with handling the comedy part I'll give them that, even though half the time it didn't work. But half is better than never.

So wait this was the beginning of shounen training arc? How long will it take?
Would be nice if it ends quickly because if each time he has to train we get villain of the week it will get repetitive.

Characters kinda sucked, again, but I already lowered my expectations from last episode so it didn't bother me a lot this time.

Well, can't really say that it's an improvement on last episode. It was, yet again, just an OK/meh episode 3.5/5 But here's to hoping it improves later on.
Jul 14, 2014 9:31 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Botato said:
The fight was.. a little disappointing. Kinda sucks that the animation wasn't that good but at least the OST is great.
They did a better job with handling the comedy part I'll give them that, even though half the time it didn't work. But half is better than never.

So wait this was the beginning of shounen training arc? How long will it take?
Would be nice if it ends quickly because if each time he has to train we get villain of the week it will get repetitive.

Characters kinda sucked, again, but I already lowered my expectations from last episode so it didn't bother me a lot this time.

Well, can't really say that it's an improvement on last episode. It was, yet again, just an OK/meh episode 3.5/5 But here's to hoping it improves later on.
Hey bro o/ Was waiting for your reaction as well as Solvy's :)

Do you mind me asking...

Jul 14, 2014 9:31 AM

Sep 2013
Im loving this more and more. Glad to see Tatsumi has the same mindset as I do when it comes to human trash. Also, Mamiko Noto plays Scheele (sp?) fucking awesome!
Jul 14, 2014 9:33 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Old_Raven said:
Im loving this more and more. Glad to see Tatsumi has the same mindset as I do when it comes to human trash. Also, Mamiko Noto plays Scheele (sp?) fucking awesome!
Schere* She's so kawaii and I loved her ever since I saw that book about "100 ways how to overcome being an airhead" lololol

And yes, I agree that her VA is just perfect and fits that character really well as you all will soon see :)
Jul 14, 2014 9:38 AM

Nov 2013
Tokoya said:
1. What exactly do you not like about each main character that you've met so far

2. Which 3 characters do you "like" the most atm?

1. I dislike some of them because of their personalities, I find them annoying atm.
2. I guess Akame and that boss woman, maybe Tatsumi too. For now.
Jul 14, 2014 9:44 AM
Sep 2012
The characters are too generic for me to remain invested and I can't take how terrible the narrative is. The fight is also poorly animated.
Jul 14, 2014 9:57 AM

Jul 2013
well... it needs to be better than that, or it is just another black bullet/mahouka... which kinda sucks...

oh well, at least tokyo ghoul remains amazing
current LN reading:
Death March kara hajimaru isekai kyousoukyoku
translated here
for those who are interested in other forums about animes, check randomc.net, reddit.com/r/anime and forum.animesuki.com
Jul 14, 2014 10:14 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Botato said:
Tokoya said:
1. What exactly do you not like about each main character that you've met so far

2. Which 3 characters do you "like" the most atm?

1. I dislike some of them because of their personalities, I find them annoying atm.
2. I guess Akame and that boss woman, maybe Tatsumi too. For now.
I see, I see...Fair enough

I think at this point, I liked Tatsumi, Leone (My inner perv talking here lol) and Akame the most as well...But later on as the series progressed, they easily got replaced without a second thought lol (Although I still like them regardless)

June93 said:
The characters are too generic for me to remain invested and I can't take how terrible the narrative is. The fight is also poorly animated.
I like how White Fox are portraying the fights, the weird looking stills kinda fits imo...

And the development for these characters haven't fully started yet apart from the fact that they all realise and accept that nothing they do is noble or righteous and that they can all die at any given time because of karma and what not

Mod Edit: Merged duplicated posts; please use the edit button.
VudisJul 14, 2014 12:28 PM
Jul 14, 2014 10:19 AM
Jan 2014
This was a good introduction episode, nothing special really happen in this episode. By the time the anime reaches episode 6 or 7 most people will jump the bandwagon.
Jul 14, 2014 10:55 AM

Oct 2013
Since it's only been two episodes I'd say it's decent enough. Still, I don't understand why this gets such high praise? It's good but not that good... yet.
"A cruel world is not without it's beauty, and many times a select few find it by mistake. Only then do those select few see the world for what it is... A disastrous masterpiece." ~ 7thVoid

"Hates a river that only flows down." ~ 7thVoid
Jul 14, 2014 11:07 AM
Jan 2014
7thVoid said:
Since it's only been two episodes I'd say it's decent enough. Still, I don't understand why this gets such high praise? It's good but not that good... yet.

Well it gets high praise from most manga readers because they know what interesting stuffs are going to happen. Nothing really has happen yet compared to the later scenes of the show. It really gets good later on starting at episode 6 or 7
clash45Jul 14, 2014 11:11 AM
Jul 14, 2014 11:18 AM

Jan 2013
so why is this popular? because it's a shonen and people die so it's dark and edgy eh? oh boy...so far this is quite the mediocre show with extremely one dimensional characters
Jul 14, 2014 11:19 AM

Oct 2013
clash45 said:
7thVoid said:

Well it gets high praise from most manga readers because they know what interesting stuffs are going to happen. Nothing really has happen yet compared to the later scenes of the show. It really gets good later on starting at episode 6 or 7

I figured as much but not all adaptions work out so I'm hesitant to say it'll be as good as they believe.
"A cruel world is not without it's beauty, and many times a select few find it by mistake. Only then do those select few see the world for what it is... A disastrous masterpiece." ~ 7thVoid

Jul 14, 2014 11:28 AM
Jan 2014
7thVoid said:
clash45 said:

I figured as much but not all adaptions work out so I'm hesitant to say it'll be as good as they believe.

That's true, we'll have to see where this adaption is going.
Jul 14, 2014 12:18 PM
The Destroyer.
Feb 2013
I found the second episode worse than the first one. At least the first one had that lunatic family. Again bland humor which again I will say it feels anti-climatic when the series is supposed to be gory.

And the only character I don't find annoying so far is Akame.
Jul 14, 2014 12:33 PM

Mar 2009
Thread cleaned.
Removed lots of offtopic, baiting, ridiculous back and forth arguments that are borderline insults.

Let people have their own opinions on the anime people.
A friendly reminder: "THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE."
There is a point to this title. You can't expect anime only watchers to just go ahead and read the manga to be able to judge the show.
If people want to judge the anime based on 2 episodes they can. This is NOT the manga discussion.
I repeat, do NOT tell people "go read the manga lol" because that misses the entire point of having an anime discussion.

Also tone it down on the spoilers. Again the capslock post from above. If you want to discuss something that isn't really far away it's not particularly bad but refrain from posting about stuff that's atleast 10-15 chapters from here and might probably not even be included in the first cour.
Jul 14, 2014 12:50 PM

Oct 2013
T3hSource said:
1. The villain is just a weekly conflict.
2. Repetition is just as annoying. Let's censor everything! There is no freedom, only an illusion. Discussions on the internet don't exist. Mob mentality is fun. Using brains is bad.
3. Then what's the point of betting races then? - false analogy.
First few episodes are setup for the goals of a show, they portray the atmosphere present the characters and the goals of the story, you can judge and criticize even just on that, nobody's saying the "whole" is bad, just the pieces we've been given.

1. ...or is it? Looks like it's going to be like that with the way WF is cutting scenes to make it so. Still, he wasn't M Bison.
2. Yes.
3. Gambling is only beneficial to the companies that run it.
"There's no shame in falling down... true shame is to not stand up again!"

"Aah? Of course I won't miss!"

"My blood tastes like Iron."

"Run through the tape in life! Never give up! Run through the tape!"
Jul 14, 2014 2:37 PM

Jul 2010
I don't dislike the fanservice actually I like it, the important thing is that they must not exaggerate with it. Also I'm quite surprised that Tatsumi won his first fight, I expected him to lose.

I must admit I'm not a fan of the girl with pink hair, so I don't know if I will enjoy the next episode but whatever.
Jul 14, 2014 2:38 PM

Apr 2008
Akanezora said:
I don't dislike the fanservice actually I like it, the important thing is that they must not exaggerate with it. Also I'm quite surprised that Tatsumi won his first fight, I expected him to lose.

I must admit I'm not a fan of the girl with pink hair, so I don't know if I will enjoy the next episode but whatever.

Maybe if losing didn't involve dying. Then again Tatsumi was taking out strong danger beasts on his way to the capitol so he's no weakling
Jul 14, 2014 2:50 PM

Jul 2012
This anime is so shit.

Horrible stereotype characters.

Generic world.

Black and White morality.

No animation.

Fanservice and random comedy at the most inappropriate times.

OP maincharacter.

Shounen troupes everywhere.

Shitty art and unengaging soundtrack.
I am falling, I am fading, I am drowning, help me to breathe.
Jul 14, 2014 2:59 PM

Dec 2013
I think that this episode was way better than the last one. It felt more clear and it made more sense. I love how the MC is pretty epic and boss in this episode. Can't wait for next week's tsundere episode xD

5/5 for this one from me~
"No one knows what the future holds. That's why its potential is infinite.” - Okabe Rintarou

"El Psy Congroo."

Kirino Kyousake Picture
Jul 14, 2014 3:00 PM

Apr 2012
When did her name become Mine. What happened to Mein. What is going on here!
Jul 14, 2014 3:07 PM

Apr 2008
-Aero- said:
When did her name become Mine. What happened to Mein. What is going on here!

Mine is the official name sorry to tell you
Jul 14, 2014 3:58 PM
Nov 2009
so I am not minding the show, but I am curious where it's going. I decided to read the chapters that were adapted after watching the show (and absolutely nothing else... can't spoil the anime that is just wrong :P) and I feel it's a pretty decent adaption, not really much skipped in the first episode, and it was all pretty much scene for scene (including the fan service) the second episode they seem to have skipped a small side arc which seems pretty much pointless anyways so I don't really mind they did... since they seem to be trying to get to the stuff that made the manga popular (as this starting stuff clearly isn't it)
Jul 14, 2014 4:03 PM

Oct 2013
In all seriousness, it could be better. That's not to say it's a bad show only that because of the faults mentioned above (aside from op main) the show in my eyes is decent at best where it sits now. Hopefully that will change in time.

Mod Edit: Removed quote of deleted post.
VudisJul 17, 2014 10:43 AM

Jul 14, 2014 4:10 PM

Apr 2012
7thVoid said:

In all seriousness, it could be better. That's not to say it's a bad show only that because of the faults mentioned above (aside from op main) the show in my eyes is decent at best where it sits now. Hopefully that will change in time.

I appreciate and respect your opinion. But when people come in saying "OP Main character desu~!Such plot armor desu~! Go home you baka's and watch YuruYuri and BokunoPico desu~!"

... It becomes hard to respect anything they say.

Now i realize other people may not read things the same way as i do. But when i read it, words get added. I can't help it. Its a gift and a curse!

Mod Edit: Modified quote of edited post.
VudisJul 17, 2014 10:50 AM
Jul 14, 2014 4:12 PM
May 2014
@7thVoid
I never said you're a troll. That other dude was vashing the 2 episodes that are out without even having some sort of decent argument to validate his statements. He's a troll, you're not. I know the adaption so far hasn't been awesome, the source material also didn't start really good until chapter 6-7 so it make sense. There's a fair amount of problems with the directing, pacing, characters interaction and with the overall production values but let's hope White Fox can show us the White Fox that gave us something like Steins; Gate.
The anime industry is dead, the otaku fanbase killed it.
Jul 14, 2014 4:33 PM

Nov 2013
Orsonius said:
This anime is so shit.

Generic world.

No animation.

OP maincharacter.

Generic world: It's only the second episode.

What is in bold is not inherently bad.
Jul 14, 2014 4:41 PM

Jul 2010
Darklight0303 said:
Akanezora said:

Maybe if losing didn't involve dying. Then again Tatsumi was taking out strong danger beasts on his way to the capitol so he's no weakling

I understand that, I meant that I expected him to lose so that someone of Night Raid could have saved him and then taught him one or two lessons about not being reckless/not being ready to kill ect.
Jul 14, 2014 4:45 PM

Apr 2008
Akanezora said:
Darklight0303 said:

I understand that, I meant that I expected him to lose so that someone of Night Raid could have saved him and then taught him one or two lessons about not being reckless/not being ready to kill ect.

Oh don't worry. He'll learn that lesson in time
Jul 14, 2014 4:48 PM

Mar 2014
I like how they completely ignored the "if he could actually kill" moment.
Jul 14, 2014 4:54 PM
May 2014
pLaguE_ said:

What do you mean by that?
The anime industry is dead, the otaku fanbase killed it.
Jul 14, 2014 5:32 PM

Jan 2013
Bad action and tryhard stills (lol) cannot have excuses.
日本人はイッちゃってるよ
あいつら未来に生きてんな
Jul 14, 2014 5:39 PM

Oct 2013
kikohunter said:
@7thVoid
I never said you're a troll. That other dude was vashing the 2 episodes that are out without even having some sort of decent argument to validate his statements. He's a troll, you're not. I know the adaption so far hasn't been awesome, the source material also didn't start really good until chapter 6-7 so it make sense. There's a fair amount of problems with the directing, pacing, characters interaction and with the overall production values but let's hope White Fox can show us the White Fox that gave us something like Steins; Gate.

I know you weren't calling me a troll so it's all good man. I was just frustrated seeing another comment about someone not liking a series. I personally have been called one before for simply stating my honest opinion so that's all that was. I'm also hoping it gets better over the course of the season.
-Aero- said:

I appreciate and respect your opinion. But when people come in saying "OP Main character desu~!Such plot armor desu~! Go home you baka's and watch YuruYuri and BokunoPico desu~!"

... It becomes hard to respect anything they say.

Now i realize other people may not read things the same way as i do. But when i read it, words get added. I can't help it. Its a gift and a curse!

I get that. Everyone has their own way of looking at things. If you didn't already know I was stating that tatsumi isn't op'd. If anything the poor boy has some ways to go to be that.

Mod Edit: Modified quote of edited post.
VudisJul 17, 2014 10:55 AM

Jul 14, 2014 5:39 PM

Mar 2014
kikohunter said:
pLaguE_ said:

What do you mean by that?

Akame claimed that he wouldn't actually be able to kill when the time comes. He first swung his sword out of hatred. Of course he made all these claims about how corrupt people are and wanting to end that. When the time comes when he is supposed to kill Ogre, it just happens. The morality of the situation doesn't happen even though it was brought up earlier. There is no inner collision with his own ideals. He just swings his sword, but again they were talking about morals not 5 minutes before that.
Jul 14, 2014 5:42 PM
Jul 2012
Any one else notice some character design changes from Akame? Her face is a litte wider and she has bigger boobs. Guess changes aren't all that bad...

This episode was good. I don't suspect any changes from the manga so far so that's good. I don't really need to put this in a spoiler but from here on this anime is going to get pretty interesting. As if it already isn't.
Jul 14, 2014 5:51 PM

May 2014
pLaguE_ said:
Akame claimed that he wouldn't actually be able to kill when the time comes. He first swung his sword out of hatred. Of course he made all these claims about how corrupt people are and wanting to end that. When the time comes when he is supposed to kill Ogre, it just happens. The morality of the situation doesn't happen even though it was brought up earlier. There is no inner collision with his own ideals. He just swings his sword, but again they were talking about morals not 5 minutes before that.
b-b-but that was all skipped in the manga! (remind me, did Tatsumi see him do the bad stuff?)
Well too bad, at most you can hope the anime beings that scene or completely skips it, in which case this is calid criticism.
Jul 14, 2014 5:59 PM

Mar 2014
T3hSource said:
pLaguE_ said:
b-b-but that was all skipped in the manga! (remind me, did Tatsumi see him do the bad stuff?)
Well too bad, at most you can hope the anime beings that scene or completely skips it, in which case this is calid criticism.

I literally know nothing about the manga nor do I want to. All I know is that this show is just a swing your sword anime but pokes at the thoughts of moral dilemmas but never actually does anything about them.
Jul 14, 2014 5:59 PM

Jan 2012
How could they skip
really hope its in the next episode. After such a strong start, this episode was an incredible disappointment.
Live, Laugh, Love.

Jul 14, 2014 6:05 PM

Oct 2013
T3hSource said:
pLaguE_ said:

Doesn't matter if it wasn't in the manga, it's in the series and it can potentially ruin the pacing and mood of it regardless. Tatsumi has had a glimpse at the type of people he'd be assassinating anyway yet by no means was it evident that he'd have trouble killing anyone based on his own morals. If anything he should just have a split personality. That would explain why he can kill in cold blood when he couldn't even imagine doing so to begin with.

Jul 14, 2014 6:11 PM
Apr 2014
More misplaced comedy -_- And honestly,
I really hate Schere's voice. Yes, Schere fits way better than Scheele, I don't care about official names.

There was supposed to be a sense of dread and despair here. Wanton slaughter and cruelty, both enemies and allies dying left and right, everyone living as if it was their last day. This anime has, so far, been completely devoid of any of that, and I really don't like that. It's what gave the manga its appeal.

Mod Edit: removed spoilers
VudisJul 17, 2014 10:59 AM
"Though mountains crack, and ice will thaw

Though walls will fall, to tooth and claw

Though stars will fade, and shadow spread

On the heights we stood, with iron red.

And as they died, they killed the dead.
Jul 14, 2014 6:51 PM
Jan 2013
Why is this rated so high already? It's a high 7 at best. Nothing too amazing yet.
Jul 14, 2014 7:05 PM

Nov 2012
Temera1re said:
Orsonius said:
This anime is so shit.

Generic world.

No animation.

OP maincharacter.

OP MC hahhahhahha Tatsumi is really Weak.
Then that Ogre villain is absolute shit.

This man is supposed to have served the empire for long but he lost to a really weak kid (how you put it) because of a -cool dialogue- and obviously because he is a baddie >;P
Either MC is powerful or the anime gives simple plot blade (does this term even exist) to its characters. But obviously we know the answer.

Speaking of which, the anime also forgot to add horns to him, make him breath fire whenever he speaks and add a "muahahaha" at the end of his dialogues.
Pages (11) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 27, 2014

417 by SanessyAdversary »»
Today, 3:15 AM

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 20, 2014

403 by SanessyAdversary »»
May 24, 9:40 PM

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 6, 2014

1210 by SanessyAdversary »»
May 24, 8:46 AM

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 14, 2014

1367 by CloudJ »»
May 22, 5:02 AM

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

removed-user - Nov 9, 2014

610 by Ratris_Decision »»
May 19, 6:53 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.