Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Jun 15, 2014 2:36 AM

Oct 2012
Sex is the ultimate form of intimacy.

Therefore, it only makes sense that romance is at its most intensive phase as lovers passionately make love to each other.

Doesn't it?
Jun 15, 2014 2:42 AM

May 2010
Feyfray said:
There is nothing inherently romantic about sex, but sex is different when you love the person.

nuff' said
Jun 15, 2014 6:21 AM

Oct 2011
Silverstorm said:
Was going to seriously reply to this because of the responses until I realized I'm on MAL and most answering this thread haven't even had sex...

Its different in a good way, that is all.

Good luck with that considering there's some who haven't done it and yet think they can weigh in on something they've never had.

Because...well...you can't weigh in on sex vs making love unless you've had sex AND had made love.

Jun 15, 2014 6:41 AM
Nov 2008
oh yuh, i should probably respond to the thread like y'all.

i've had spontaneous regular ol' sex. it's short, it's like a dang piston. climaxing be the goal.

i've also had my fair share of passionate love. it's just... different. it's quite hard to describe, since there's a lot of in-the-moment emotions occurring. all i can say is that these days it usually involves either spooning, missionary, or woman-on-top/cowgirl. it's hard to get the same feeling with other positions (like doggy, reverse cowgirl, and the such).
Jun 15, 2014 6:45 AM

Oct 2011
Heredity said:
all i can say is that these days it usually involves either spooning, missionary, or woman-on-top/cowgirl. it's hard to get the same feeling with other positions (like doggy, reverse cowgirl, and the such).

I actually can understand that much, due to the intimacy of eye contact and kissing. More than likely I initiate it with cowgirl, then move to the other two, then back to cowgirl cause that's just like...the best to me.

On the flip side, for that raunchy, primal sex (which still can be achieved during intimate love making), the others show up for some hair pulling, butt smacking fun.

I just think the pros of just plain sex can be done during love making, but not vice versa.

Jun 15, 2014 6:55 AM
Nov 2008
MaiTai said:
Heredity said:
all i can say is that these days it usually involves either spooning, missionary, or woman-on-top/cowgirl. it's hard to get the same feeling with other positions (like doggy, reverse cowgirl, and the such).

I actually can understand that much, due to the intimacy of eye contact and kissing. More than likely I initiate it with cowgirl, then move to the other two, then back to cowgirl cause that's just like...the best to me.

On the flip side, for that raunchy, primal sex (which still can be achieved during intimate love making), the others show up for some hair pulling, butt smacking fun.

I just think the pros of just plain sex can be done during love making, but not vice versa.
mm, i'd have to agree there.

on another note, cowgirl is definitely my favourite position. the depth is just awesome. you can get a lot of pleasure from minor movement, which is excellent.

it's probably worth noting that passionate sex with a condom just... it just doesn't work. you lose that skin-on-skin downstairs action with all the melding of the fluids. thankfully i'm in a long term relationship and my girlfriend is on the pill.
Jun 15, 2014 7:20 AM

Oct 2011
Heredity said:
MaiTai said:

mm, i'd have to agree there.

on another note, cowgirl is definitely my favourite position. the depth is just awesome. you can get a lot of pleasure from minor movement, which is excellent.

it's probably worth noting that passionate sex with a condom just... it just doesn't work. you lose that skin-on-skin downstairs action with all the melding of the fluids. thankfully i'm in a long term relationship and my girlfriend is on the pill.

I'm allergic to latex, so regular condoms are REALLY painful. The poly ones are too thick. The sheep skin ones only protect pregnancy. I'm also in a relationship. The pill is good, but isn't 100% effective. I know someone who got pregnant while on it, but I digress.

Cowgirl is the best out of the typical positions. The "wild rodeo" aka modified cowgirl when he leans back is the best though.

Jun 15, 2014 7:27 AM

Feb 2013
Yeah it's cool
Jun 15, 2014 8:04 AM

Apr 2012
Amazing, but i don't know it without love. So i can't say what's better. Most probably with love though.
Jun 15, 2014 8:11 AM

Jan 2008
Meh, Idk. Romance is dead in my life. Gotta go for the hardcore hate sex.
Jun 15, 2014 8:15 AM

Aug 2013
I've never been much of a romantic. I'd rather have sex be fun and lighthearted than intimate and romantic. The latter is actually kinda off-putting. I'm always up for casual sex, unless you're ugly or a beached whale.
MoogJun 15, 2014 8:27 AM
Jun 15, 2014 8:16 AM

Mar 2014
I see sex as a viable channel for love.

I suppose I'm just too filthy and desperate to worry about that right now and will just take whatever just to experience it, so I suppose right now there isn't much thought about love in it as I'd like to have.
Jun 15, 2014 8:17 AM

Feb 2013
Silverstorm said:
Was going to seriously reply to this because of the responses until I realized I'm on MAL and most answering this thread haven't even had sex...

Its different in a good way, that is all.
Heredity said:

This right here. I started rolling up my sleeves to put in a heartfelt response because I recently had some moral alterations that were heavily influenced by my recent period of reflection, brought on by some recent events that were pretty humbling yet devastating at the same time. But yeh... No we are on MAL lol....
I had a little faith....

And then I got to this:
Shiratori99 said:

Spoken like a true virgin LMAO

Spoken like a true faggot.

Now, I was pretty appalled that someone would use that slur as an insult on a public forum like this, then I noticed that you are the "proud founder of the 20+ virgins club" and realized you are probably really insecure about something. -_-;

Shiratori99 said:
MC-sama said:
Sex is the ultimate form of intimacy.

Therefore, it only makes sense that romance is at its most intensive phase as lovers passionately make love to each other.

Doesn't it?

No, it doesn't.

And this is were I become more sure that your back is to the elephant you hid in the corner of the room. Let me ask you this; Why ARE you a virgin? Why ARE you saving yourself? (or maybe you don't call it that) Assuming you ARE saving yourself, obviously that means you put some sort of weight or meaning behind your first time having sex. And talking to a lot of people "saving themselves" lately, they all say that they want their first time to be a gift to the person they will marry forever.

--I personally used to believe that it wasn't possible for you to marry someone and stick with them for the rest of your life if you didn't know whether you were sexually compatible with them or not. So experiment away. Because, honestly there IS a science about the whole thing and it will eventually reflect on the health of your relationship. As one of my favorite authors and good friends, Mr. Silverlocke says; "After all, we are still just monkeys. Mammals"--

Anyways I remember the first time I had sex, the girl I did it with was considerably older than me and I had spent weeks building up to this experience because I knew it was going to happen. So I downloaded lot's of E-Book's on the subject, went on forums to try to get a grip on how all this was supposed to pan out and what I was supposed to do so I didn't make a fool out of myself. I look back on myself and laugh at what a quirky kid I was. Anyhow, after the dead was done, it was like I had taken my first hit of crack. I wanted to see that girl all day every day. I even got my first job at the same store she was working at literally within a week of us having sex, just so I could be around her more because she worked during the week. I thought I was in love. HAH, what a quack that turned out to be. I found out she only sexed me because she said with my tan skin, blue eyes and blonde shaggy hair, I reminded her of her favorite video game character of all time. Link from Zelda. Makes sense since she had a FAT Triforce tattoo as a tramp stamp
After I told her I was in love she ended up ignoring me because it freaked her out. Lol I was just a stupid kid. But the next few years, I ran through as many girls as I could and started keeping a list. To this day I could tell you the first name of pretty much EVERY SINGLE girl I have sexually been with, and ALMOST all of their last names. The number is not something I am proud of, it actually disgusts me, but I was on a mission to destroy the female race because my innocence had been stolen and my virginity had been tarnished and my emotions toyed with by that succubus of a creature, so obviously ALL women were like that right?

I eventually figured out otherwise and have been in a constant search exploring, experimenting and figuring out who I really am, and what really means what for me in this crazy "romance" thing. I recently lost someone so special to me and it affected me really badly and I was trying to fill that empty hole with love from another, but all I could find were females that wanted to do the dirty and no one who wanted to just lay there and watch anime or cuddle and talk. So for about 8 months I have been completely celibate because I just can't even think of the whole process without feeling empty and lost. Because it became a very intimate thing with me and the one I lost. (we had been going steady for 4 almost 5 years and were going to get married).

Anyways, the reason why I said all this was because I too now wish I had been a virgin, At least until I had met her because I would have liked to feel all those adolescent feelings of love that I first felt for that women that took my virginity. I've never ever felt like that since and would have loved to give that to her as a gift when we were supposed to have gotten married. So I envy you, (Yes I'm still talking to you after writing so much un-needed nonsense) I envy the romantic possibilities that you have laid out before you. So you shouldn't be insecure, because I really feel that is what the issue is. Why else would you feel the need to lash out after being called what you proudly promote yourself? -A virgin. That is the only logical conclusion to me anyways.

Anyhow, Sex is a very important, sacred, intimate tool to get you relationship to flourish, to experience happiness and belonging, to feel connected.
When you are that "close" to someone, there is nothing that can describe the feeling in such a way that it would do it justice. It's enough to even make some people break down and cry. When you are that close with someone, I believe you are communicating on a much more complex, deeper level. Where you mirror each others body movements perfectly, never losing sync, knowing each other's exact needs. Becoming one.

Some ancient Greek named Theosophy believed that God created Androgynous , equally male and female. Later the Souls split into separate genders because of karma they incurred while playing around on earth, or experiencing "separation from God" (Adam and Eve) and over a number of reincarnations, each half seeks the other half where they later fuse together. plato has a variation on this also, which basically states that once the two halves find each other, there is an unspoken understand of one another, "that they feel unified and would lie with each other in unity and would know no greater joy than that."

Anyways, I have alot more thinking to do before I finish my answer. Sorry for the mass of text. Goin through one right now. lol
Jun 15, 2014 8:25 AM

Aug 2013
To me, having sex without love is like eating a chocolate with no sweetener.

But while I wouldn't -have- sex with someone I didn't love... it doesn't have to be about passionately expressing your feelings every time either.
Jun 15, 2014 8:28 AM

Dec 2012
JadeQuetzal said:
To me, having sex without love is like eating a chocolate with no sweetener.

But while I wouldn't -have- sex with someone I didn't love... it doesn't have to be about passionately expressing your feelings every time either.
Nicely put.
Jun 15, 2014 8:30 AM

Apr 2012
Funnily enough, because of semantics, sex is automatically romantic, unless the relationship between the two people that are having sex is not that of "love" (which is ambiguous at best because of what "love" is).

Autocrat said:
Hitler was good, objectively.
Jun 15, 2014 8:39 AM

May 2013
I think romance is more in the ambience than the activity of sex itself.

I mean really... would you consider sex behind the dumpsters of a pub as equally romantic as sex in a candlelit bedroom after a sitdown meal (or whatever your idea of a romantic date is)
Jun 15, 2014 8:42 AM

Oct 2011
At this point everyone's more or less on the same page except those who:

A. Haven't had sex at all
B. Have only had one type of sex

I'm literally only able to get off with someone else if we're intimately connected, so that's an obvious preference.

Jun 15, 2014 8:45 AM

Dec 2012
Manganese said:
I think romance is more in the ambience than the activity of sex itself.

I mean really... would you consider sex behind the dumpsters of a pub as equally romantic as sex in a candlelit bedroom after a sitdown meal (or whatever your idea of a romantic date is)
I personally would not, but I'm sure there are some people out there that would consider it special.
Jun 15, 2014 10:07 AM

Jan 2013
I always l-o-l when I see Shiratori99 in a thread like this one.

Shiratori99 talking about sex is the equivalent of me talking about walking on the moon.
Makomonogatari said:
lupadim said:
And the best part is that no one can prove it wrong
The best part is that you somehow actually exist.
Jun 15, 2014 10:10 AM

Mar 2014
keysdad said:

Shiratori99 talking about sex is the equivalent of me talking about walking on the moon.

Fool. he's a virgin by choice so dun b h8in
Jun 15, 2014 10:25 AM

Jan 2013
And I chose to not be an astronaut.
Makomonogatari said:
lupadim said:
Jun 15, 2014 4:09 PM

Feb 2014
Elphe said:

You just need a hero. Like me.

But I know you're not just going to stand there and wait.
Jun 15, 2014 4:14 PM
Aug 2012
I passionately sexmake my hand every night. I don't need anyone else.
Jun 15, 2014 4:15 PM

Jan 2008
Feyfray said:
Elphe said:

How will you get passed all the thorned rose bushes and shape shifting dragon outside my castle gate though. (those are not metaphors for my vagina btw. )
Jun 15, 2014 4:19 PM

Feb 2014
Elphe said:
Feyfray said:

How will you get passed all the thorned rose bushes and shape shifting dragon outside my castle gate though. (those are not metaphors for my vagina btw. )

I'm not going to work that hard. The princess can stay in another castle.
Jun 15, 2014 4:23 PM

Jan 2008
Feyfray said:
Elphe said:

I'm not going to work that hard. The princess can stay in another castle.

:(

All you white knights are all the same. Romance is DEEEEEAD!!!!
Jun 15, 2014 6:41 PM

Feb 2013
MaiTai said:

I'm literally only able to get off with someone else if we're intimately connected, so that's an obvious preference.

Yep same here. There has to be that special connection. I look back on myself and am disgusted with how I used to go about this whole thing.
Jun 15, 2014 6:43 PM

Feb 2014
Trebel said:
MaiTai said:

Yep same here. There has to be that special connection. I look back on myself and am disgusted with how I used to go about this whole thing.

One night stands make me feel dirty.
Jun 15, 2014 6:54 PM

Jan 2013
JD2411 said:
I haven't had sex and I don't plan on doing so given the problems it can cause

but sex is meaningless and unnecessary in a relationship.
Even if you didn't say the first part I would've guessed you've not had sex before.
I guess sex isn't "necessary" in a relationship but if everyone only did things that were necessary then we wouldn't have things like art, music or anything that involves passion (including precious anime), and it's certainly nice to share such passion and intimacy with someone you care about, I mean you couldn't do that with anyone else.. It can also strengthen your relationship and obviously is a means to pro-create. Honestly don't knock it until you've tried it, you just sound bitter.
Jun 15, 2014 6:56 PM

Aug 2013
Sex is messy and unnecessary.

I mean there's nothing wrong with having it but people put way too much emphasis on it in our times, like its the end all be all of things and has to be part of every aspect of life.
Jun 15, 2014 8:16 PM

Jan 2014
Working_Designs said:
Shiratori99 said:
There's nothing romantic about sex.

This. Sexual intercourse is nothing more than a physical cardiovascular activity that is enjoyed by one or both parties.

Love is shown is other forms.

I disagree very strongly.

Just like kissing can be sloppy, drunk, and meaningless. It can also be romantic and very meaningful.

Sex can be meaningful. Or it can be meaningless. Depending on how both parties feel about each other.

Jun 15, 2014 8:22 PM

Dec 2012
friedchicknfairy said:
Working_Designs said:

This. Sexual intercourse is nothing more than a physical cardiovascular activity that is enjoyed by one or both parties.

Love is shown is other forms.

I disagree very strongly.

Just like kissing can be sloppy, drunk, and meaningless. It can also be romantic and very meaningful.

Sex can be meaningful. Or it can be meaningless. Depending on how both parties feel about each other.
Don't even try reasoning with those people. Nothing can change their minds.
Jun 15, 2014 9:02 PM

Apr 2014
I've had sex with 3 people in my life.
Two of those encounters were brief romantic affairs that only lasted a couple weeks (had sex maybe 5 times with each).

The other person I had sex was with my ex-girlfriend (who I still love). I must say that being in love with someone truly adds immeasurable value to the experience. We definitely made hot sweaty love all the time (3 times a day usually). We felt perfectly comfortable being around each other and trusted each other in the most intimate of ways. That type of passion definitely played out in our love making.

Sadly we drifted apart, and I got distracted by all the glitz and glam going on in my world and did not give her the proper attention she deserved (we were long distance). Despite loving her and having fiery hot sex, it was not enough to satisfy my imagined sexual prowess. She broke up with me and now I am trying to get laid on OKCUPID.

If you find someone you enjoy, and the sex is super good. Don't let her go!

[end of message]
Jun 15, 2014 9:07 PM

Oct 2011
yung-heezy said:
I've had sex with 3 people in my life.
Two of those encounters were brief romantic affairs that only lasted a couple weeks (had sex maybe 5 times with each).

The other person I had sex was with my ex-girlfriend (who I still love). I must say that being in love with someone truly adds immeasurable value to the experience. We definitely made hot sweaty love all the time (3 times a day usually). We felt perfectly comfortable being around each other and trusted each other in the most intimate of ways. That type of passion definitely played out in our love making.

Sadly we drifted apart, and I got distracted by all the glitz and glam going on in my world and did not give her the proper attention she deserved (we were long distance). Despite loving her and having fiery hot sex, it was not enough to satisfy my imagined sexual prowess. She broke up with me and now I am trying to get laid on OKCUPID.

If you find someone you enjoy, and the sex is super good. Don't let her go!

[end of message]

Hey, no use in holding onto something that's already gone.

Good luck with the OkCupid search. I met my boyfriend of 8 months on there strangely enough.

If you're not looking for that, I had a couple of hookups from it too, only one was good though. Then again, that goes back to the initial question of the thread.

Jun 15, 2014 9:09 PM

Sep 2012
LadyRenly said:

Fool. he's a virgin by choice so dun b h8in
And I'm a girl irl
☕ Truth be told, I'm quite proud of my house blend. To attain my flavor and fragrance, I use five different types of coffee beans. ☕
Jun 15, 2014 9:19 PM

Jan 2011
Mod note: Cleaned of some insults and spam/derails.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Jun 15, 2014 10:14 PM

Sep 2013
Trebel said:

Wow, just... wow.

I'm a virgin because I loathe sex. I don't want to have it with someone I hate, I especially don't want to have it with someone I love, I don't want to have it with anybody.

Sex is just a primitive mating ritual that has nothing to do with love. This unabashed, outright romanticization of sex is simply disgusting. Yes, disgusting. People like you that confuse the highest emotion a human being can experience with the mechanical act of thrusting one's dirty penis into some orifice make me puke. Now go crouch back into your corner please and leave my pure soul alone with your filth.
Proud founder of the 20+ virgins club.

Please visit my manga blog for manga updates and more!

Mup da doo didda po mo muhfuggen bix nood

^ Need someone who can translate this. Pm me pls.
Jun 15, 2014 10:46 PM

Nov 2011
Shiratori99 said:
Trebel said:

Wow, just... wow.

I'm a virgin because I loathe sex. I don't want to have it with someone I hate, I especially don't want to have it with someone I love, I don't want to have it with anybody.

Sex is just a primitive mating ritual that has nothing to do with love. This unabashed, outright romanticization of sex is simply disgusting. Yes, disgusting. People like you that confuse the highest emotion a human being can experience with the mechanical act of thrusting one's dirty penis into some orifice make me puke. Now go crouch back into your corner please and leave my pure soul alone with your filth.

Coping mechanism I say....
The Art of Eight
Jun 15, 2014 10:55 PM

Sep 2013
dankickyou said:
Shiratori99 said:

Wow, just... wow.

Coping mechanism I say....

I'd say something too if it didn't get me banned.

Jun 15, 2014 11:15 PM

Dec 2012
fleecedad said:

Just popping in to say that this quote made me bust a giggle.
Jun 15, 2014 11:23 PM

Sep 2013
Uber_Dewber said:
fleecedad said:

Just popping in to say that you talking about a long-lasting relationship is like a whore talking about love ~gg~

Jun 16, 2014 2:07 AM

Jan 2013
Shiratori99 said:
Uber_Dewber said:

Just popping in to say that you talking about a long-lasting relationship is like a whore talking about love ~gg~
You ok, Elliot Rodger?
Makomonogatari said:
lupadim said:
Jun 16, 2014 2:09 AM

Nov 2011
Shiratori99 said:
Uber_Dewber said:

Anger Rising~
The Art of Eight
Jun 16, 2014 2:30 AM

Nov 2013
Sex can be one of the best ways to show love.
SCARY MONSTER
Jun 16, 2014 2:42 AM

Sep 2013
GuusWayne said:

Yup. Love is when you get a boner.

Jun 16, 2014 2:48 AM
Nov 2008
Shiratori99 said:
GuusWayne said:

you're pretty kawaii.
Jun 16, 2014 2:50 AM

Sep 2013
Heredity said:
Shiratori99 said:

you're pretty kawaii.

Eww, please don't get hard from this, will you?

Jun 16, 2014 2:51 AM
Nov 2008
Shiratori99 said:
Heredity said:
you're pretty kawaii.

if i get an erection it'll be equivalent to having sex with you. guess you're no longer a virgin, sorry.
Jun 16, 2014 2:52 AM

Sep 2013
Heredity said:
Shiratori99 said:

if i get an erection it'll be equivalent to having sex with you. guess you're no longer a virgin, sorry.

I've been raped...

Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » What is your favorite condiment to put on a sandwich/burger?

TheBlockernator - Feb 12, 2022

42 by ScaryOwl »»
1 minute ago

» Do you like dancing in September?

Adnash - Sep 21

8 by RainyEvenings »»
2 minutes ago

» How can you stand the lopsided car infrastructure?

Ezekiel - Oct 22, 2023

13 by RainyEvenings »»
4 minutes ago

Poll: » Existential Boredom

SimplyBrazen - Yesterday

10 by RainyEvenings »»
13 minutes ago

» Am I the only one who doesnt like discord? ( 1 2 )

Bensku - Sep 21

60 by RainyEvenings »»
18 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.