Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Mar 27, 2014 6:57 PM

Mar 2010
solarstorm3 said:
please some explain what happened to Harutora at the end , where did he go/disappear ?
and where's Natsume ? at home ? hospital ?

:(

We don't know, now that he's got his memories back presumably to settle unfinished Yakou business and stay away from Onmyo Agency.

It's not said where Natsume is at the moment, but she most likely where the other Tsucimikados are hiding.
Mar 28, 2014 1:25 AM

Jan 2011
Guys guys, just remember...Hamatora get's a second season to explain it's mediocrity. Tokyo Ravens will be sitting on the bench and may never get to bat. The world is cruel.

Finally got around to watching the finale. I have to tell you, this would be a show that would warrant a second watch just to pick up on some things maybe missed the first go around.

7 or 8 out of 10 as the first half was a little meh
Mar 28, 2014 2:29 AM

Nov 2011
5/5

Maybe others will be happy with the final, the same as I, but I would have preferred that there was a: To be continued! More pronounced, leaving the circle still open.
Short but intense fighting, the final shot of beautiful Kon, the real icing on the cake.
But intricate plot to end in 24 episodes is not told everything then, narrative is not bad when you perlava of the main story. The main characters do not shine as Ohtomo sensei, Doman, Kon and Touji.
Very nice design, maybe a little mistreated during the series, the same as the CG and animations.
Very nice, almost always, the scenarios.
In short, for now I will give the series a final vote of 7.5/10!
I hope they make a second season one day.

As soon as I have some time, I have to review the whole series to understand even more, given the many names given during the visions!
Mar 28, 2014 3:21 AM

May 2010
Kon/Hishimaru was a badass there <3 Shaker is such a psycho. Harutora is a yakou now!

This series... When it first stared, it was among my favs. then it got boring... very boring... Then things picked up and now we have a very solid finale.

I want to give it a 8, but a part of me says 7 (which is my fault basically, I didn't pay much attention to some scenes)

Arghh, 8/10 it is, the ending song placement won me over by a slight margin. Also, I am a sucker for team split-ups so there's that. This makes me want for a 2nd season somehow. Plus that kiss! So much character development! I am so happy for this anime. Okay, maybe the slight margin isn't that slight.
Mar 28, 2014 4:56 AM

Apr 2013
I'm embarrassed at how long it took me to notice that that Raven has 3 legs.
Mar 28, 2014 9:18 AM

Mar 2009
Man that ending...

K-ON v1.1 ... Please leave you comments on my profile! ^_^
Mar 28, 2014 9:29 AM

Jul 2013
Damn, Kon turned into a teenage looking badass, also kind of powerful. Guess everyone survived with with a perfect kiss at the end. It was a good ending overall.

Eh, 7/10, some parts were confusing and some episodes were not that appealing to me. Well it was a good show of the season.

Mar 28, 2014 10:08 AM

Jun 2012
Vudis said:
The 2nd half of the anime was such a good watch compared to the first.
Despite enjoying it still only giving it a 6/10 because all goodness of the 2nd half can't make me forget the first half.....
Would definitely want a s2 for clarification, among other things, though.

Ditto.
Welcome to club: Anime that Should Continue
http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=37045
Mar 28, 2014 10:44 AM

Jun 2013
This anime seriously picked up at it's second part!
Very good ending and Yakou seems like a total Boss character. Now we just need another season to see exactly how powerful he really is.

Giving this an 8/10. It's definitely one of the better animes this season and it has Kon (sadly she's turned back to Hishamaru now though...).

Also a guess about Natsume. Yakou (yes he's Yakou now) probably resurrected her as his familiar in some way that's why she said: "let me sleep a bit more so I can build courage to fly on my own".
Tengoku_no_hakaiMar 28, 2014 10:59 AM
Mar 28, 2014 1:49 PM
Jun 2012
Man the ending was so inconclusive, moreover there was no shamanic fight in the ending ie. no yakou powers and just the unsealing of kon and that too she does herself.
The way the final two episodes depicted and illustrated the events of LN was disappointing.
Mar 28, 2014 3:27 PM

May 2013
Man these last two episodes have really been great.

Going to miss chibi kon not that her new(old) form is bad.

The series was pretty good overall thought the first half was a bit slow but necessary imo, the 2nd half was great but could have been better if it was paced better.

I wish we had Natsume's situation 100% cleared up...what the heck does Suzu mean when she says the ritual "kind of" worked anyway?!

8.95/10
Mar 28, 2014 7:19 PM
Apr 2010
This episode scared me so much. >_>

I don't think I've ever cared for a fictional character as much as I have for Kon...

edit: It's a little disappointing that she is no longer in her cute form, but at least she's alive...
Shia-Neko-ChanMar 28, 2014 7:22 PM
Mar 28, 2014 7:41 PM

Dec 2012
The lolis always grow up so fast, right before you even know it.

Seriously thought Kon's true form was a real jaw dropper, went from cute loli to sexy onee-san. The conclusion was enjoyable albeit many questions in the air such as what 'kind of" meant on the phone. Also wonder if Harutora had to part ways with Natsume because he was wanted by the Onmyo Agency. That kiss was extremely satisfying, a harem that got closed up hurrah! Glad that Natsume's revival was built up to as well instead of deus ex'd just to fan pander. Although I wish they had shown more about the ritual.

Overall a very different experience, especially with how they incorporated the chanting and Japanese traditions into magic. Also glad they backed off the CGI, it was probably my biggest gripe with the series. The first half was a bit slow and wondered where it was going but the second half was a great ride and really pulled out the breaks to go full speed. Going to say 8/10, Ohtomo is simply the best and regardless of a sequel, I'm satisfied with this.
Mar 28, 2014 8:30 PM

Nov 2012
THat was a really good ending.
I would have liked it if Kon would have stayed on that teenage version (IMO of all her other versions that one was pretty cool).
Mar 29, 2014 12:42 AM

Mar 2013
WoW look at Kon :)
i did like the ending but i didnt get why he leave natsume there
at the end and all is friends, also there is some Holes in the plot
u can see they try to rush things up to close the series on the anime,
but it was ok :P
Mar 29, 2014 5:58 AM

Dec 2013
5/5

well i want more of Tokyo Ravens
how epic will it be if there would be Souma vs Yakou

Art is awesome
music is awesome
story is awesome

what more can i ask but for a second season
Mar 29, 2014 3:35 PM

Jun 2012
Definitely a really good watch, especially the second part. I can't wait for another season so I'll most likely start reading the LN. That says alot on my enjoyment of this. 8 out of 10.
Mar 29, 2014 5:18 PM
Feb 2014
Tynker said:
Definitely a really good watch, especially the second part. I can't wait for another season so I'll most likely start reading the LN. That says alot on my enjoyment of this. 8 out of 10.

Is there going to be another season?
Mar 29, 2014 7:45 PM

Jul 2008
I accidentally checked MAL character section and saw Hishamaru before I even started watching the final episode, at the moment I knew Yakou had 2 loyal legendary familiars and my instinct just kicked in > Kon is Hishamaru >.< oh well, not a bad ending but the episode length isn't enough :D
Mar 30, 2014 6:11 AM
Mar 2014
what puzzles me the most is Harutora-kun expression during that confession.. he looked soo..... I don't know... sad?? maybe.. he looked like someone who wants to cry or something.. with that sad smile and all.. why did he made that expression I wonder.. God! I need an explanation.. second season will be nice..
Mar 30, 2014 6:20 AM
Apr 2013
Nisx said:
WoW look at Kon :)
i did like the ending but i didnt get why he leave natsume there
at the end and all is friends, also there is some Holes in the plot
u can see they try to rush things up to close the series on the anime,
but it was ok :P

Because he's leaving her. He fears getting his friends hurt again so he's running away.
Mar 31, 2014 6:04 AM
Jul 2009
It's nice they tried to end at a good stopping point. Good on them. Regardless it was the most unsatisfied feeling I've had about a finale in a long time and made me want to stop watching adaptations all together.

I'm so sick of never ending series with crappy resolutions. It's seriously anime's biggest flaw.
Mar 31, 2014 6:34 AM

Oct 2012
Well, the episode was nice overall, though if you don't know what happens in novels after this point the ending feels weird :/ ..

I've got a bad habit of clicking spoilers too fast, then regret it ..

"The only ones who should kill are those who are prepared to be killed."
Mar 31, 2014 7:11 AM

Oct 2011
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU WHY DID IT HAVE TO END. It deserves a 2nd season imo

Suzuka best girl
Mar 31, 2014 10:11 AM

Aug 2008
Can someone explain what does Suzu mean with 'kind of'?

Harutora and Natsume are both alive right? Why did they left Natsume?
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Mar 31, 2014 10:52 AM

Jul 2010
Hishamaru > Loli Kon
With this said, I fairly liked the ending, not very good but satisfyng from my point of view. 7.5/10

I hope they will animate the rest of the novel if there is.
Mar 31, 2014 1:41 PM

Sep 2013
The plot overall was a little bit confusing and could have been explained better. the series had really nice action scenes though, i kind of have a feeling that this won't get a second season though so i will start reading the manga/ light novel sometime.
Apr 1, 2014 8:51 AM
Apr 2014
This is just my theory but I think this is a cemetery.
http://postimg.org/image/vc9o6lxaz/
I think natsume is in a really deep sleep right now(she's still dead physically but they somehow managed to preserve her mind in the meantime due to the ritual) harutora probably left to improve himself so that he'd be able to come back in the future to fully revive her. That's why he looked kinda sad in the end.

I want a second season gahh
Apr 1, 2014 12:09 PM
Jun 2012
Well overall the ending was awesome and it let some stuff to be expected if there'll be a season2 . I cant wait for a season 2 , i dont mind reading the LN . but where can i read it :/ ? can anyone reply this please :( ?
Apr 1, 2014 2:02 PM

Jun 2008
polkaheart said:
I think natsume is in a really deep sleep right now(she's still dead physically but they somehow managed to preserve her mind in the meantime due to the ritual)

You don't need to theorize anything, because it's already explained, if you bothered to read the thread.

She's Alive, but not perfectly. Not shown in the episode probably to save time, but she was fused with Hokuto and became a Human/Dragon Hybrid. Because of that she's unstable, and can drop dead easily.

Natsume herself is left with Harutora's Adoptive parents in their home. That White room you see is just Natsume being delirious and confused, a post effect of her revival.

asume5 said:
The plot overall was a little bit confusing and could have been explained better. the series had really nice action scenes though, i kind of have a feeling that this won't get a second season though so i will start reading the manga/ light novel sometime.

It''s hard to get a 2nd season, because they barely have any material to work with. What you just watched is the first part of Tokyo Ravens, That covers volume 1-9. The second part starts at volume 10. and that's the problem, There are only 10 volumes available, with the 11th scheduled for April.

So, even if they have the budget, they can't do another season at least for the next 2 years.

arzter said:
I cant wait for a season 2 , i dont mind reading the LN . but where can i read it :/ ? can anyone reply this please :( ?

http://bit.ly/1jxxqA7
kaimaxApr 1, 2014 2:09 PM

Visit this blog That I'm working with my friend
http://randomnessthing.com/
Apr 1, 2014 7:13 PM
Oct 2010
Apr 1, 2014 10:35 PM
Jan 2014
Harutora looks so badass at the end. too bad we don't get to see his awesome new yakou powers :'(
Apr 2, 2014 12:55 PM
Apr 2013
kon loss her pass memory already?
Apr 2, 2014 4:16 PM

Jun 2013
Great anime, one of my favourites this season. In need of a second season
Apr 3, 2014 12:01 AM

Mar 2010
kaimax said:
polkaheart said:
I think natsume is in a really deep sleep right now(she's still dead physically but they somehow managed to preserve her mind in the meantime due to the ritual)

You don't need to theorize anything, because it's already explained, if you bothered to read the thread.

I think it's okay to speculate if one hasn't or doesn't plan to read spoilers for the next volume and instead plans to wait for season 2. Aside from confirming Natsume is alive the ending is intentionally leaves what major issue that might have occur ed up to the viewer to ponder.
Apr 3, 2014 11:12 AM

Nov 2008
Not the best ending, but it did a nice job of wrapping up the first season.

I'll be taking a look at the novel. These episodes felt rushed, so I am sure there was a lot that was omitted.

Overall this was a really enjoyable anime. Once Bakatora got the raven coat, I thought that he would become a bad-ass that few could compete with. The fact that he was injured and beaten up by Reiji, who cannot compete with Otomo, was really surprising.

Well can't wait for a new season. Hopefully we will not have to wait long.

8/10.
Apr 3, 2014 3:39 PM

Jun 2008
ClementIV said:
Once Bakatora got the raven coat, I thought that he would become a bad-ass that few could compete with. The fact that he was injured and beaten up by Reiji, who cannot compete with Otomo, was really surprising.

The Problem is he doesn't instantly get all of Yakou's Memories back. Then there's Harutora's actual experience and powers as he's still not 100% Yakou yet.

Visit this blog That I'm working with my friend
http://randomnessthing.com/
Apr 3, 2014 4:10 PM

Mar 2010
Right.

As a Divine General Kagami has broader combat experience which gives him the edge despite Harutora having much higher spiritual power. It's same thing Ohtomo vs Kagami, with the former displaying superior tactics to counter latter's stronger magic.

Harutora still did better against Kagamii than any other non Divine General would done and he only got wounded because he was saving Kon.
Iron_MawApr 3, 2014 8:09 PM
Apr 4, 2014 4:06 AM
Jun 2012
thank you so muchh ! !
kaimax said:
polkaheart said:

She's Alive, but not perfectly. Not shown in the episode probably to save time, but she was fused with Hokuto and became a Human/Dragon Hybrid. Because of that she's unstable, and can drop dead easily.

Natsume herself is left with Harutora's Adoptive parents in their home. That White room you see is just Natsume being delirious and confused, a post effect of her revival.

asume5 said:

It''s hard to get a 2nd season, because they barely have any material to work with. What you just watched is the first part of Tokyo Ravens, That covers volume 1-9. The second part starts at volume 10. and that's the problem, There are only 10 volumes available, with the 11th scheduled for April.

So, even if they have the budget, they can't do another season at least for the next 2 years.

arzter said:
I cant wait for a season 2 , i dont mind reading the LN . but where can i read it :/ ? can anyone reply this please :( ?

http://bit.ly/1jxxqA7
..... thanks O_o...
Apr 4, 2014 7:46 PM
Dec 2012
Tender ending. Sad it's over. Though, it all felt kinda rushed in that moment.

--------

I'll just start with the disappointments, since they're not as long.

Minimal development, no real plot points leading to the final fight, draped in mystery (none of which was revealed, even in the end), minimal character development, romance points for all three women based on a single moment and almost nothing else and lastly a few Deus Exes that kinda defeated the purpose.

And I mean, it really did. When Natsume died, they suddenly reference a technique they were originally against, that's fine. He's devastated, it'll come across his mind. But, to think that you can suddenly bring someone back to life and suffer no noted side effect, it kinda makes death seem . . . well, I'm sure most of us saw DBZ. It also begs the question of how Yakou couldn't perfect the technique before or how Suzu knew how. Not to mention Kyouko's star power arriving just in time to see Natsume's stars, a major game-changer in everything. Naturally, there will likely be a second season where these things would be explained. And normally, I wouldn't have a problem with a few things going underdeveloped/undeveloped. However, when they stronger they relate to the overall story, I feel they need to be explained a bit more. K is a good example. It didn't explain EVERYthing, but it explained all the necessary points of the story well.

With that said, I'm just too in love with all the things this series did right. And Touji is by far one of my favorite characters. They did well on developing his story. The action remained concise and power level remained consistent (with the exception of Harutora himself or with Kyouko becoming a major idiot in battle halfway through). Also, the twists (though a little shaky on delivery) were pretty good. I mean, I even may have failed to expect one of them or something. Supporting characters had moments that made me wish they were main characters. Especially Jin. God, Jin was amazing. And he's a cripple. Adversity overcame. Kon/Hisha is just something beyond unimaginable. I mean . . . just moved up to the top ten list of fox and cat girls.

7/10 The look, the soundtrack and the action are all top notch. The story tends to wobble a bit, but it's still interesting. Though, it has a lot of moments that leave you disinterested in the series. But, if it comes to that, it always brings you back with everything else.
Apr 5, 2014 4:34 AM

Mar 2010
Hmm.. you seem to have misunderstood some things and forgotten others.

AuronPond said:
Tender ending. Sad it's over. Though, it all felt kinda rushed in that moment.

--------

I'll just start with the disappointments, since they're not as long.

Minimal development, no real plot points leading to the final fight, draped in mystery (none of which was revealed, even in the end),

Um what? Kagami attacked Harutora so use him as a hostage in his revenge against Ohtomo who just kicked his ass just moments ago.

minimal character development, romance points for all three women based on a single moment and almost nothing else

The only one who had minimal character development was Temna and that is more fault of adaptation cutting some stuff related to him.

Limited romantic development makes no sense, half plot is about HarutoraxNatsume. Suzuka and to a lesser extent Kyouko love rival parts here was always minor in comparison.

and lastly a few Deus Exes that kinda defeated the purpose.

What DEMs exactly?

And I mean, it really did. When Natsume died, they suddenly reference a technique they were originally against, that's fine.
He's devastated, it'll come across his mind. But, to think that you can suddenly bring someone back to life and suffer no noted side effect, it kinda makes death seem . . . well, I'm sure most of us saw DBZ.

What? where the heck did you get that there were no side-effects? Natsume's revival is the closest we have come to working and even that has problems. I'm not sure DBZ even has do with any of this at all. tales involving resurrection have been a part of many myths and legends which TR draws inspiration from.

Also Harutora wasn't against Taizan Fukun Ritual, he was against Suzuka killing herself to use it. Because even if worked her brother would be alone and made suffer as he no longer have any family.

It also begs the question of how Yakou couldn't perfect the technique before or how Suzu knew how.

Except Yakou did perfect the technique, the story even states this. Suzu like everyone just aped off whatever they could find of his research relating to that.

Not to mention Kyouko's star power arriving just in time to see Natsume's stars, a major game-changer in everything.

Her astrologer ability was inherited from her grandmother who is famous star reader. Furthermore this changed jack, Harutora was already committed to reviving Natsume and the rest of his friends had eventually decided to accept his decision. Kyouko was only able to see Natume's stars because the time limit to bring her back hadn't expired. it was more there provide in encouragement for his friends to support him at least.

The action remained concise and power level remained consistent (with the exception of Harutora himself or with Kyouko becoming a major idiot in battle halfway through).

There was nothing inconsistent that happened in the Shaver fight. It stated a bunch freaking times throughout show that Harutora has huge spiritual power, but poor control. That was entirely due to external artificial limits placed on him by his father. As long as that was there he would not be able to perform his spells properly no matter how knowledge he had. Harutora was only able to access more of it when he realized his spiritual power was leaking from the seal Natsume placed on him (which what allow him to see spirits to began with). He's essentially been handicapped until now, not sure why that so hard to understand.

Kyouko didn't turn an idiot or anything either, she was simply terrified at how much situation had gotten out of control. Hokuto had been their trump card against Shaver and she was utterly defeated against all expectations. With that there was nothing to stop Shaver anymore because nobody at present had enough power to deal with him.
Iron_MawApr 5, 2014 8:48 AM
Apr 5, 2014 6:40 AM

Mar 2013
Such a fantastic anime i love it just love it 9/10 for me and i`m looking forward to a season 2...
Apr 7, 2014 2:09 PM
Aug 2012
tht was fun i dnt rlly understand the alive sort of bit phone call maybe shes in a comma or something tho wat natsume says during the white room scene makes it sound like shes waiting to pass on. i kinda felt i missed an episode somewhere inbetween 23 and 24 theyndont connect right the princess isnt scared but more anoyed that the only potential person who cld be with here equally will probably never like hee because she killed natsume
Apr 7, 2014 2:14 PM
Aug 2012
that was fun tho i cant understand what the phone call meant is natsume in a comma or something or limbo she goes on about what sounds like passing on in the white room scene. the princess looks nervous as the one man who cld be with her probably hates her for killing natsume
Apr 9, 2014 3:16 AM

May 2013
Hope kakugyouki arrived sooner so that hishamaru won't forget her memories with yakou

Pretty good ending hoping for s2 in 3-5 years
If you want everything you'll end up with nothing.
Apr 9, 2014 5:54 AM
Mar 2014
Hahaha this was an amazing anime overall, reeeaaalllyyyy enjoyed it ! ;DD Loved it through and through, but ofc the 2nd half was better
Ohtomo Jin u fking beast (u too touji with that seal 2 purge ;)) and i ended up taking quite a liking to Doman haha an OP child and REALLY looking forward to those two in season 2.
I think they did the ending really well, not giving away too much but also giving enough closure (: annnnnnnd it was really cute LOL :')
So anyway will definitely up there with my favorites, great OST, loved all it's ops and eds, great plot & characters and an anime i'll definintely remember. 9.2/10 SUCH SKILL MUCH AWESOMENESS
Apr 9, 2014 10:36 AM

Feb 2014
epic story, nice ending, 9/10. seems like there will be s2 maybe ?
Apr 11, 2014 6:23 AM

May 2007
I just finished watching Tokyo Ravens, started last night. I thoroughly enjoyed it and I can see why some might be disappointed by it's ending but it makes sense that happened because it covered a lot of the light novel material and now I have to take in the fact that I probably won't see a 2nd season for it because judging from the titles of the light novels, the anime used up 9 volumes of the light novel, which took the author 3 years to publish them.

I really want a second season but because of the light novel being on-going and that the anime has adapted 9 of the 11 volumes (the 11th volume is being released in 8 days time), a second season would happen only after 2 or 3 years.

I loved the series from start to finish, I sort of spoiled myself early on by finding that who the real Yakou reincarnation was.

I rate Tokyo Ravens an awesome 9/10.
Apr 11, 2014 4:24 PM

May 2012
I hoped for a slightly better ending but this is sufficient. Overall a pretty nice anime fully of action and some nice character development!
Apr 14, 2014 9:46 AM

Jun 2013
TBH it was okay 7/10.

Things I didn't like about the anime:
-Baka-tora didn't do anything
-Supporting characters doing all the work
-Ending was a little abrupt
-Very little romance
-Death was a joke

I just hope the second season would be better.
Pages (8) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Tokyo Ravens community still alive? Any news on the new LN volume 17?

Gilgamesh45 - Mar 26, 2022

24 by XrIoUs »»
Mar 24, 4:18 AM

» Rest in peace Maon Kurosaki

Hot_Green_Tea - Mar 3, 2023

2 by smallwitchy »»
Nov 1, 2023 11:29 PM

» Tokyo ravens really end?

Patolas - Aug 6, 2017

16 by Alexioos95 »»
Jun 10, 2023 8:12 AM

» How to see the rest of the story?

MrBones2002 - Jun 11, 2021

5 by Biribiri10 »»
Nov 7, 2022 11:55 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ravens Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Oct 8, 2013

214 by Marthym »»
Aug 28, 2022 4:47 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.