Forum Settings
Forums

Game 'Persona 4 Golden' to Receive TV Anime Adaptation to Air July 2014

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
May 2, 2014 10:53 PM
Feb 2007
Never played the game but I'm looking forward to this. :3
May 2, 2014 11:14 PM

Apr 2013
I loved P4G (totally worth the cost of a Vita) and I enjoyed the original P4 anime. I wouldn't mind some more Marie tsundere action in this along with an animated version of their concert at the store (I may be the only person in history who enjoyed that song). And of all series (anime, videogames, movies, etc), I don't mind Persona being milked at all. It is just that amazing and everyone must experience it in some way, shape or form.
May 3, 2014 12:32 AM

May 2012
Ah right. I do watch the live stream. I haven't played P4G yet, but because of this one particular girl, I want to watch the anime. I was expecting the FeMC's route in P3P will get an adaptation, but... *sigh* Some other time.
Badges: C.C.O / T.C.O / TFCC admin ID | Previously known as kazumi-san95
May 3, 2014 1:49 AM

Aug 2012
deanzel said:
I wouldn't mind some more Marie tsundere action in this along with an animated version of their concert at the store (I may be the only person in history who enjoyed that song).

You'll never be the only one bro. I love that song

kazumi-san95 said:
I was expecting the FeMC's route in P3P will get an adaptation, but... *sigh* Some other time.

You just made me want to play P3P again.. i really enjoyed the Fem Protagonist's route.

and still waiting patiently for a 3rd season of Spice & Wolf :'|
May 3, 2014 1:54 AM

Apr 2009
That seems like a waste of budget they could have spent better.
Somewhat liked the first P4 anime, but retelling everything because of a single new character?
Steel Ball Run anime when?
May 3, 2014 3:09 AM

May 2014
They'll probably put a teaser to Persona 5 in it (I don't think they remade it for few differences and add Marie), something like how they added Vincent from Catherine in Persona 3 Portable.
May 3, 2014 4:22 AM

Oct 2013
Not sure how I feel about this.
Probably will watch it anyway however it turns out since I love Persona 4.
May 3, 2014 4:24 AM

Jan 2013
Nidhoeggr said:
Somewhat liked the first P4 anime, but retelling everything because of a single new character?

It's more than one new character. It has new social links and sheet.

Only problem with a persona 4 anime is an extreme lack of....

BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUURN MY DREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAD
May 3, 2014 5:44 AM
Jul 2013
i, the one who played P3, P4 and P4G is excited about this. i get to relief back what has been aired, laugh at different jokes and other thing. i definitely gonna watch this.
May 3, 2014 5:45 AM
Jul 2013
SolviteSekai said:
Nidhoeggr said:

It's more than one new character. It has new social links and sheet.

Only problem with a persona 4 anime is an extreme lack of....

BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUURN MY DREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAD

Only in Persona 3 :v
May 3, 2014 5:52 AM

Oct 2011
Did not see this coming.
May 3, 2014 5:57 AM

Aug 2009
Well, that's a surprise. I'll watch it but I don't really get why there needs to be a reboot. If it's going to include original story + all the Golden events then it would be even more clustered than it all ready is. P4 is great as a game because of the flow, but lacking as an anime. A-1 is taking over? Hmm, I hope they can handle it, though I'm not expecting too much.
May 3, 2014 6:58 AM

Jul 2007
Yes, because the worst part in Persona franchise has NOT been milked enough yet. Let's rehash it again~

While every Persona 2 fan just sighs and gives up on ever getting adaptation of it.
May 3, 2014 7:31 AM
Mar 2011
Unless they go for the Adachi ending, there is basically no change to the story.
This is a blatant cash grab... as expected from Atlus recently -_-
It could be worse, it could be raining... oh wait.
May 3, 2014 7:53 AM

Apr 2010
Nidhoeggr said:

Making something that is guaranteed to sell is never a waste of budget, since you'd easily make back what you spent and more.

May 3, 2014 8:30 AM

Aug 2013
Hmm, what is the different between P4 golden, P4 the animation, and P4 arena?
I planned to watch P4 the animation but didnt have much time to watch it :v
*insert philosophical quote here*
May 3, 2014 8:45 AM

Apr 2010
Fai said:
Yes, because the worst part in Persona franchise has NOT been milked enough yet. Let's rehash it again~

While every Persona 2 fan just sighs and gives up on ever getting adaptation of it.

It's not like Persona 2 was all that fantastic, either.

As a matter of fact, I really doubt an anime of P2 would be profitable.
May 3, 2014 8:48 AM

Sep 2011
Fai said:

lets not kid ourselves, persona 1 is leagues worse than 4

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

May 3, 2014 8:58 AM

Apr 2010
Solkiskey said:
Fai said:

Even Devil Survivor 2 flopped and that was a lot more relevant and closer to what otaku are interested in.

Persona 1/2 anime would lose money.

May 3, 2014 8:59 AM

Jan 2013
hublaa said:

Persona 4 is a ps2 game with anime cutscenes.

Persona 4 Golden is a PS Vita rerelease of Persona 4 with extra scenes, characters, and social links.

Persona 4: The Animation is a mediocre anime adaptation of Persona 4.

Persona 4 Arena is Marvel vs Capcom 3 with Persona characters.
May 3, 2014 9:03 AM

Apr 2010
SolviteSekai said:
hublaa said:

Persona 4 Golden is a PS Vita rerelease of Persona 4 with extra scenes, characters, and social links.

More like, Persona 4 Arena is Blazblue with Persona characters.
May 3, 2014 9:14 AM

Jan 2013
Solkiskey said:
SolviteSekai said:
hublaa said:

More like, Persona 4 Arena is Blazblue with Persona characters.

Marvel vs Capcom came first I'm sure.
May 3, 2014 9:18 AM

Jun 2012
SolviteSekai said:
Marvel vs Capcom came first I'm sure.

Doesn't matter, it's developed by the people that made Guilty Gear/BlazBlue and has way more in common with those games than it does MVC
May 3, 2014 11:44 AM

Jul 2007
JizzyHitler said:
Fai said:

Nothing is worse than P4.
Even fracking Raidou Kuzunoha games were better than P4.

P1 at least had enough mindfuck to balance out the more meh parts of the narrative.
May 3, 2014 12:11 PM

Jan 2013
May 3, 2014 12:31 PM

Jul 2012
Yet to watch the other seasons, since Persona is getting so many anime adaptations maybe I should pick up my game.. maybe.. :s

Regardless, I look forward to hearing about this while it airs.
May 3, 2014 1:57 PM

Apr 2013
Mildly disappointed that at the same time they announced this, they announced more stuff essentially rinsing Persona 3 & 4, especially the latter, and have seen/heard next to nothing about Persona 5. I do like both games, but by the time the Persona 3 movies and all the random spin-off games involving both come out, I'll be pretty bored of them. I'm hoping in terms of Persona 5 marketing and promotion, they're saving the best for later.

Fai said:
JizzyHitler said:
Fai said:

Nothing is worse than P4.
Even fracking Raidou Kuzunoha games were better than P4.

P1 at least had enough mindfuck to balance out the more meh parts of the narrative.

Really, Persona 4 can't be that bad otherwise it wouldn't have sold and been received like it has, and it's not like it's sold well due to pure "otaku pandering" or whatever. Maybe you're just sick of the sight of it being milked which is understandable?

Admittedly I'm one of those filthy casuals that's never played any other SMT games so I don't know how Persona 4 compares to them in any way. I was quite interested in SMTIV on the 3DS but it hasn't got a European release yet. Dammit.
KilnerbankerMay 3, 2014 2:03 PM
May 3, 2014 2:06 PM

Jul 2012
Since I didn't watch the original anime of P4, I'm looking forward to this. And I still haven't finished playing the game, so after I finish it I will watch this.
May 3, 2014 2:20 PM
Mar 2014
Solkiskey said:
Fai said:

Fing Hitler dude
May 3, 2014 3:04 PM

Jul 2007
Kilnerbanker said:

Really, Persona 4 can't be that bad otherwise it wouldn't have sold and been received like it has, and it's not like it's sold well due to pure "otaku pandering" or whatever. Maybe you're just sick of the sight of it being milked which is understandable?

Admittedly I'm one of those filthy casuals that's never played any other SMT games so I don't know how Persona 4 compares to them in any way. I was quite interested in SMTIV on the 3DS but it hasn't got a European release yet. Dammit.

Generic casual shit sells. Ask anyone buying CODUTY.

Quality has nothing to do with sales.
May 3, 2014 6:34 PM
Mar 2009
Wait...why? I thought the first series did it's job well enough to get people into Persona 4.

So this is a full on reboot? That didn't take long, lol. I hope A-1 can match the QUALITY of the last studio.

The only extra things I can remember is the School festival, Ski trip, and Motorscooter trip. I wonder if adding Marie really warrants another 25 episode series.
May 3, 2014 6:57 PM

Jun 2012
What!? I'm happy, but if I remember correctly the only real difference was Marie. So I don't see a real reason to do this, but I don't even care. This is basically an insta 10 for me. And I'm going to enjoy the hell out of it.
May 3, 2014 9:05 PM

Nov 2007
1-hour live stream event: http://www.nosub.tv/watch/107659.html
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
May 3, 2014 9:11 PM

Jan 2011
tsubasalover said:
1-hour live stream event: http://www.nosub.tv/watch/107659.html

Daisuke Namikawa is so cool in person just like his characters. Man I would love to get my hands on that merchandise and that Persona 3 Blu-ray!
[center]
May 3, 2014 9:19 PM

Feb 2013
Wat. P4G anime but no P4G port to ps3? why u do dis
May 3, 2014 9:41 PM
Sep 2011
MoeMoeAttack said:
Sony is still trying to promote the Vita, so no way they're gonna port one of its best selling games.
May 3, 2014 9:59 PM

Feb 2013
Vaiyoretto said:
MoeMoeAttack said:
Sony is still trying to promote the Vita, so no way they're gonna port one of its best selling games.
Sad thing is, I'm probably going to give in and buy a vita soon. Just for yukiko in a maid outfit huehuehuehue
May 4, 2014 3:09 AM

Jul 2012
Oh Hanazawa Kana. Thy voice melth I
よろしく!
May 4, 2014 3:12 AM

Jan 2013
P4G is just P4 with some extra shit.

Just play P4 and then youtube the scenes you missed. wtf.
May 4, 2014 7:45 AM

Apr 2013
MoeMoeAttack said:
Vaiyoretto said:
MoeMoeAttack said:
Sad thing is, I'm probably going to give in and buy a vita soon. Just for yukiko in a maid outfit huehuehuehue

Do it. I bought the Vita at release for full price and haven't regretted the purchase especially due to Persona 4 Golden. I already played P4 before but the extras (there are a ton) and it being portable was a huge plus. I could play it anywhere and lying in bed. Plus you can play P3P too (Mitsuru ftgdw). And honestly the Vita has a lot of other great games too. And you can get a used original version Vita for like $100. It's a good deal. Don't listen to what these other clowns are saying.
dankzelMay 4, 2014 11:22 AM
May 4, 2014 10:38 AM

Apr 2010
SolviteSekai said:

Completely not true.
May 4, 2014 11:34 AM

Feb 2013
deanzel said:
MoeMoeAttack said:
Vaiyoretto said:
MoeMoeAttack said:

Do it. I bought the Vita at release for full price and haven't regretted the purchase especially due to Persona 4 Golden. I already played P4 before but the extras (there are a ton) and it being portable was a huge plus. I could play it anywhere and lying in bed. Plus you can play P3P too (Mitsuru ftgdw). And honestly the Vita has a lot of other great games too. And you can get a used original version Vita for like $100. It's a good deal. Don't listen to what these other clowns are saying.

Very convincing. Let's see if I can actually find a reasonably priced one.
But imagine if they actually ported p4g to ps3. Then there would be p4g plus the anticipated p5, which would be awesome. And I've already gotten a maid outfit for Mitsuru. :)
May 4, 2014 1:22 PM

Sep 2013
Looking forward for it

Play P4 but never Play P4G tough...
Shirobako is AOTY 2015. Deal with it.
May 4, 2014 2:22 PM
The Destroyer.
Feb 2013
And here I thought that announcement would be info regarding Persona 5. I guess at E3.
May 4, 2014 3:31 PM

Apr 2010
Snow_Queen said:
And here I thought that announcement would be info regarding Persona 5. I guess at E3.

Don't expect any significant info until Tokyo Game Show. Its the Year of Persona and Atlus wouldn't want Persona 5 to overshadow the other Persona releases they have in store this year... they'll let them all come out and then bombard us with Persona 5 info.

May 4, 2014 3:32 PM

Jan 2013
Persona 5 doesnt release until winter. Give it some time.
May 4, 2014 3:32 PM

Jan 2013
Solkiskey said:
SolviteSekai said:

Completely not true.

No it is completely true. Don't overhype P4G just to justify the fact that you wasted money on a useless Vita.
May 4, 2014 4:10 PM

Apr 2010
SolviteSekai said:
Solkiskey said:
SolviteSekai said:

Completely not true.

No it is completely true. Don't overhype P4G just to justify the fact that you wasted money on a useless Vita.

Persona 4 Golden also features a new difficulty mode, new scenes, new personas, better game mechanics, rebalanced gameplay, new arcanas, new social links.

It is completely worth it, and you definitely don't know what you're talking about.

(Plus the vita has other really good games, so once again all what you're saying is complete bullshit.)
May 4, 2014 4:21 PM

Apr 2010
If you're the type of person to buy a Vita for Persona 4 in the first place, then there should be tons of other Vita games that would interest you. Its the go to system for JRPGs now.

I'm up to like 20 Vita games myself, and a bunch more releasing later this year I plan to buy...

Monster Monpiece
Neptunia PP
Neptunia Rebirth
Tales of Hearts
Disgaea 4 Vita
Danganronpa 2
Akibas Trip
One Piece Unlimited World Red
Blazblue Chrono Phantasm
Project Diva F 2nd
RyanSaotomeMay 4, 2014 4:25 PM

May 4, 2014 4:30 PM

Apr 2010
RyanSaotome said:
If you're the type of person to buy a Vita for Persona 4 in the first place, then there should be tons of other Vita games that would interest you. Its the go to system for JRPGs now.

I'm up to like 20 Vita games myself, and a bunch more releasing later this year I plan to buy...

Monster Monpiece
Neptunia PP
Neptunia Rebirth
Tales of Hearts
Disgaea 4 Vita
Danganronpa 2
Akibas Trip
One Piece Unlimited World Red
Blazblue Chrono Phantasm
Project Diva F 2nd

Don't forget Conception 2!
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

» Studio Bind Adapts 'Hana wa Saku, Shura no Gotoku' Manga for 2025 TV Anime

Vindstot - Jun 12

49 by negatives »»
8 minutes ago

» 'Isekai Suicide Squad' Announces More Cast

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

7 by Memore »»
3 hours ago

» Video Game 'Guilty Gear: Strive' Gets TV Anime

DatRandomDude - Jun 13

37 by OeKusoBaba »»
4 hours ago

» 'Katsute Mahou Shoujo to Aku wa Tekitai shiteita.' Unveils Additional Staff, Theme Songs, Main Promo

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

2 by 0arche »»
5 hours ago

» A-1 Pictures Acquires Studio 3Hz's Production, Planning Business

Vindstot - Jun 18

20 by RobertBobert »»
6 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.