Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Mar 14, 2014 11:26 AM

Jan 2014
It seems that in the world there are certain laws, but why is this the end of the anime someone loses ena, someone gets?? It's annoying ... It is necessary that still there was at the end it "And the inhabitants of the sea and inhabitants of surface lived happily ever".
I love this anime, but at the same time it makes me sad. I want it to never end =) Charming panache, wonderful OP ED BGM... it's very great
Mar 14, 2014 11:58 AM

Feb 2014
Hoping for an OVA or additional season to show the stories of other characters and their POVs eg Tsumugu/Chisaki's 5 year period/cohabitation development or even Miuna and Sayu, while the original main characters were asleep. But the series has progressed well for me. I'm not overly critical on character behaviours and how they should or should not act. I much more enjoy how the story flows and how each character develops throughout, in this case, maturity.
Mar 14, 2014 12:14 PM

Nov 2010
Everyone gets ena now lol.
Jump in to the sea, experience a near-death experience and get an ena!

And I really hate the idea how Tsumugu fell in love with Chisaki during the time skip, I wouldn't have hated this pairing if they would've shown us the progress of it.
Mar 14, 2014 12:50 PM

Sep 2010
Rinji- said:
And I really hate the idea how Tsumugu fell in love with Chisaki during the time skip, I wouldn't have hated this pairing if they would've shown us the progress of it.

He fell in love with her before the timeskip. Did you watch the same show and this episode?
Mar 14, 2014 1:52 PM
Apr 2010
Seriously, a lot of people have to go and rewatch the series. So many people keep whining about Tsumugu getting Ena, but there is a history behind it. If you had paid attention to the previous episodes this was SO incredibly predictable.

Also, why the hell are there so many people going on about Kaname?? Have you seriously never saw a love triangle? Besides, I think Kaname had been a little heartless in the less few episodes despite loving Chisaki.

Sigh.. I really liked the development of the story and I look forward to the ending, although I feel like 3 episodes might not be enough to clear up many questions
Mar 14, 2014 2:14 PM

Jun 2013
Well all i have to say is that i believed none of the people living in the land could swim due to Miuna not being able to at her present self before she received ena. Tsumugu proves it wrong...for a few seconds though hehehehehe
Mar 14, 2014 2:15 PM

Dec 2009
Watching two episodes of Nagi no Asukara was a bad idea. I feel terrible now ;_;
I have my own anime blog. It's called Anime Viking. Hope you'll you read it!

Mar 14, 2014 3:30 PM

Sep 2009
CodeZwei said:
Well all i have to say is that i believed none of the people living in the land could swim due to Miuna not being able to at her present self before she received ena. Tsumugu proves it wrong...for a few seconds though hehehehehe

Did you ever tried to swim in very cold seawater in the depth of couple of meters without any equipment?
Mar 14, 2014 5:42 PM

Dec 2011
Finally, the truth has been revealed to Chisaki... I wonder what her answer is going to be... (not so surprised Tsumugu getting Ena because of Miuna).
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 14, 2014 6:40 PM
Jan 2014
As a ChisakixTsumugu shipper I love this episode!!! Tsumugu get ena and confesses to Chisaki!! while Sayu is stepping up xD, though it saddens me that this anime is coming to its end :(
Mar 14, 2014 7:23 PM

Jan 2008
So, looks like my guess that Tsumugu would eventually get Ena turned out to be true after all. Awesome. As stoic as he might be; he does have his own feelings from the very start. If Tsumugu and Chisaki don't end up together, this show instantly gets a 1/10 >:(
Mar 14, 2014 9:17 PM

Nov 2009
Sayu's the best.

PointyThingy said:
KiraSeika said:
This anime has so much details on each character that many people miss and it really saddens me because that causes hate towards other characters or miss a lot on the story.

I am not a Tsumugu fan, I'm neutral towards everyone with a little dislike towards Kaname and Akari. I just hate the fact that Tsumugu is getting all this hate just because many people misunderstand this guy.

Haha, I know right? Even I can see Tsumugu arguably is the most well-written character in this series. Although he had less airtime (next to Kaname and Sayu), it's easy to see there is a deep mind underneath that reserved personality driven by his own complexes. No, it does not make him perfect. On the contrary, it just makes him act and think like how a mature human would in real world, something refreshing in the anime world full of pointless melodrama and tear-jerking asshattery. But then again this is the internet, where everyone is more preoccupied with shipping and bitching about how his/her ship is better than others rather than paying attention to the story. I enjoyed reading your post btw.

Well said. It's so stupid to hate a character just because you don't know much about them.
Mar 14, 2014 9:21 PM

Mar 2012
Leio said:
PointyThingy said:
KiraSeika said:
This anime has so much details on each character that many people miss and it really saddens me because that causes hate towards other characters or miss a lot on the story.

I am not a Tsumugu fan, I'm neutral towards everyone with a little dislike towards Kaname and Akari. I just hate the fact that Tsumugu is getting all this hate just because many people misunderstand this guy.

Haha, I know right? Even I can see Tsumugu arguably is the most well-written character in this series. Although he had less airtime (next to Kaname and Sayu), it's easy to see there is a deep mind underneath that reserved personality driven by his own complexes. No, it does not make him perfect. On the contrary, it just makes him act and think like how a mature human would in real world, something refreshing in the anime world full of pointless melodrama and tear-jerking asshattery. But then again this is the internet, where everyone is more preoccupied with shipping and bitching about how his/her ship is better than others rather than paying attention to the story. I enjoyed reading your post btw.

Well said. It's so stupid to hate a character just because you don't know much about them.
Honestly that's what make this show great. The character isn't shallow like in many other series and you can get multiple interpretation on a character.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Mar 14, 2014 11:44 PM
Jan 2014
Anyone noticed the fish that swam past Chisaki as she turned around to see Tsumugu is the same fish from his arm? Or am I mistaken?
Mar 14, 2014 11:49 PM

Oct 2013
Tsumugu and Chisaki is a good couple actually
Mar 15, 2014 1:33 AM

Dec 2013
KillerBee721 said:
Anyone noticed the fish that swam past Chisaki as she turned around to see Tsumugu is the same fish from his arm? Or am I mistaken?

No you're correct. I think the fish actually helped tsumugu lead the way towards Chisaki/ sea village as a thanks for taking such good care of him.
If you noticed, tsumugu kept feeding the poor ugly fish and accepted the fish. Of course the fish would pay back tsumugu in the best way possible.

Another clue that shows it was the same fish is how Chisaki noticed the ugly fish first and then noticed Tsumugu was nearby/behind her.

"If I don't have to do it, I won't. If I have to do it, I'll make it quick."
-Oreki Houtarou
Mar 15, 2014 3:01 AM

Jul 2012
So to Tsumugu, Chisaki is like the sea. That is one pick up line.

Great episode!!!
Mar 15, 2014 6:13 AM

Jan 2014
Here we go, here comes the drama.

Also, does anyone know what the Japanese dialogue translates to during the opening?
Mar 15, 2014 6:46 AM

Feb 2014
I couldn't help but applaud Sayu's courage and determination, and I hope she succeeds with her plan to confess to Kaname.

I also agree that Tsumugu is a very well written character. Granted, some people won't like his lack of emotion and reactions at times and I guess that's where some of the hate for him comes from, but underneath that exterior, lies someone who really cares and understands others opinions and feelings.

Comparing Chisaki to the sea was a nice touch. The sea can be ferocious and unstable, but it's also calm, tranquil and beautiful too.

Also, Telling Hikari that love shouldn't be messed with made me respect him even more. Hopefully now that Tsumugu has confessed to Chisaki, I do hope she gives him an answer rather than letting her brain become a train wreck once more.
Mar 15, 2014 6:54 AM

Jan 2014
Why does everyone say that there are many people who hate Tsumugu?

If you carefully read the forum, it will become obvious that people who love this man much more than haters. Ratio of at least 70 - 30
Mar 15, 2014 9:50 AM

Feb 2012
Hikari much better character now than 5 years ago. Besides his stubborness, he's much more likeable.

Chisaki finally heard the words, yeaaah!
Mar 15, 2014 11:47 AM

Jan 2014
LAst 3 episode made me less like manaka she should had stood at bottom of the sea till last episode at least, i cheer up for miuna but she's gonna became god's wife also seems and if that will happen i'l call boba feet to hunt down scenarist :)
Mar 15, 2014 1:08 PM
Sep 2012
Did somebody really say they thought Tsumugu was well-written? The best written character in the show?

...Seriously? Honestly? Is that a joke?
Mar 15, 2014 1:19 PM

Jan 2014
RioFoxx said:
Did somebody really say they thought Tsumugu was well-written? The best written character in the show?

Yes he is a well written character not only him but most of the characters are.
Do you have any problem if someone thinks like that, you can think whatever you want and others can do the same.

LiMaKuS said:

If you carefully read the forum, it will become obvious that people who love this man much more than haters. Ratio of at least 70 - 30

Trueee. After this episode Tsumugu's popularity increased now he became many peoples favourite character.
Mar 15, 2014 1:48 PM
May 2011
LiMaKuS said:

really ? I read many many many comment about hate toward tsumugu, I cant say it's about 70-30 like you said but it's about 60% hate not just 30% I think, Im not surprised though, coz if an anime character is cool and "perfect" people will hate it, and if the character is uncool and not perfect, they will hate him too, haters hate everything :D

ah and I really wonder why many people admire Sayu ? she is always jealous of miuna, and always mad about things, actually it's better if Hikari x Sayu, their house will never be quite, lol

and I dont know whether kaname x sayu will happen but it's possible, only it's very unlikely coz if Kaname originally love Chisaki, which is calm, I cant picture it how Kaname would like hot headed girl like Sayu, maybe because he finally realize that he actually like Sayu kind of girl ? I dont know
Mar 15, 2014 2:05 PM

Jan 2014
<font><font>AshtonClaude</font></font> said:
LiMaKuS said:

really ? I read many many many comment about hate toward tsumugu, I cant say it's about 70-30 like you said but it's about 60% hate not just 30% I think, Im not surprised though, coz if an anime character is cool and "perfect" people will hate it, and if the character is uncool and not perfect, they will hate him too, haters hate everything :D

ah and I really wonder why many people admire Sayu ? she is always jealous of miuna, and always mad about things, actually it's better if Hikari x Sayu, their house will never be quite, lol

and I dont know whether kaname x sayu will happen but it's possible, only it's very unlikely coz if Kaname originally love Chisaki, which is calm, I cant picture it how Kaname would like hot headed girl like Sayu, maybe because he finally realize that he actually like Sayu kind of girl ? I dont know

Of hatred for Tsumugu write the same people... Although maybe I'm wrong.

KanameXsayu are unlikely to be together, because if Kaname agree to meet her, then it will look like giddy kid, This is unlikely to happen
Mar 15, 2014 3:57 PM

Jan 2013
Is Chisaki gonna put off Tsumugu's feelings again like what she did with Kaname?
Mar 15, 2014 4:01 PM
Jan 2014
kuudere-ish said:
Is Chisaki gonna put off Tsumugu's feelings again like what she did with Kaname?

Maybe....or she's confused and not give a clear answer...until the last ep.
Mar 15, 2014 4:25 PM

Dec 2012
Great episode. Tsumugu finally confessed his feelings for Chisaki and he now has Ena.
3 episodes to go.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Mar 15, 2014 6:20 PM

Jun 2013
Only 3 episodes to go...
I'm predicting:
Tsumugu x Chisaki
Kaname x Sayu
Hikari x Manaka
Miuna x random school dude

Also predicting that either Kaname or Hikari are related to sea god in some way.
Mar 15, 2014 6:31 PM

Aug 2013
It look like ChisakixTsumugu ship is sailing far away... I'm not mad though, I was shipping ChisakixHikari at the beginning of the show, but I'm not stupid, I know that there it is 100% sure that she doesn't end with him. If she can end happy, I'll be happy :)

Well, Sayu got out of her gong. It's normal though, those opinion can be controversed. She will now confess to Kaname, I wonder if it will go well. Will he still treat her like a child?

Personnaly, my opinion on the feeling subject is that it would be awful to lose the ability to love. Sure, it would be simplier and probably more easier to live if we didn't had that feeling. Though, I think that what really make us humans and different from the other animals is that we have the ability to experience a multitude of different feeling, love being one of them. Losing it is like losing a bit of our humanity.

Poor Miuna, forcing herself to make a necklace for Manaka even if she believe that it represent her feeling for Hikari while she loves him...

Tsumugu now gained an ena, like Miuna. Everyone should jump in the water and get their free ena! xD
But more seriously, I wonder what would happen if Manaka go in the water. Those ''scales'' are her ena mixed with her feeling, so could she get it back that way?

3 episodes to go. I'll be sad when it end, I really liked the sea setting, it was artistically appealing to the eye and relaxing.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Mar 15, 2014 6:58 PM

Apr 2013
LOVE that Tsumugu smile!
Mar 15, 2014 7:09 PM

Oct 2011
Sayu was really great this episode, definitely showed off her character development. Loved Tsumugu's confession then the scene where he gained his ena. Not sure how and why, but should be interesting to find out. Really hoping his talk with Chisaki goes well.
Mar 15, 2014 7:24 PM

Jan 2013
yes Yes YES!! Finally Tsumugu is going after what he wants. That look on his face before he dives in - determination! This guy was talking so smooth I had to pull out my notebook and to take notes.

Can't help but feel Kaname's suffering will never end. The preview shows that the love whatever shape it's in will be going at it (finally) and hopefully he'll end up with Sayu.

Still need an update about what's going on with the people of Shioshishio as we haven't seen them in a while. Hikari's dad might have some words with Uroko after he decided to go through with his own plan.
-Nothing can stay unchanged. Even so, can you still keep on loving this place?

-Be still my soul; when change and tears are past, all safe and blessed we shall meet at last.
Mar 15, 2014 7:36 PM
Jan 2014
RioFoxx said:

Not at all. In my opinion he is arguably the most well-written, and the most consistent as well. It's easy to understand him despite having less screen time, and that shows he is already a well developed character, He has unique personality (relative to others) and depth so you only need to delve in a little. This is not to say the others are not well-written; they are, but they need more exposition than him in order to understand their character. Take Hikari for example, he has the most development in the series yet if you're not careful it's easy to dismiss him as just another shounen archetype loud-mouth with jerk-like personality who is slow to grow up because he keeps regressing back into immaturity when he is stressed. A lot of people certainly did. Hikari is growing on me though, and to me he is still well-written, just not as well as Tsumugu. This is a series where you have to really delve into each characters background and motivation to understand them. If you don't like Tsumugu, that's fine, but attacking others for expressing like towards characters you hate when you don't even know the reason you like/dislike a character says a lot more about yourself rather than the people you snide at.
Mar 15, 2014 7:46 PM

Oct 2012
PointyThingy said:
RioFoxx said:

Not at all. In my opinion he is arguably the most well-written, and the most consistent as well. It's easy to understand him despite having less screen time, and that shows he is already a well developed character, He has unique personality (relative to others) and depth so you only need to delve in a little. This is not to say the others are not well-written; they are, but they need more exposition than him in order to understand their character. Take Hikari for example, he has the most development in the series yet if you're not careful it's easy to dismiss him as just another shounen archetype loud-mouth with jerk-like personality who is slow to grow up because he keeps regressing back into immaturity when he is stressed. A lot of people certainly did. Hikari is growing on me though, and to me he is still well-written, just not as well as Tsumugu. This is a series where you have to really delve into each characters background and motivation to understand them. If you don't like Tsumugu, that's fine, but attacking others for expressing like towards characters you hate when you don't even know the reason you like/dislike a character says a lot more about yourself rather than the people you snide at.

^^ props to you my good man.

Mar 15, 2014 7:46 PM
Jan 2014
minouneetzoe said:
But more seriously, I wonder what would happen if Manaka go in the water. Those ''scales'' are her ena mixed with her feeling, so could she get it back that way?

Nah, I don't think so. The requirement to gain ena is probably something cheesy like feeling of love or something (/tries not to barf) and since she lost her ability to love, well, you know...
Mar 15, 2014 7:53 PM

Nov 2012
"I'm in love with Chisaki." Right as Chisaki appears >mfw

Tsumugu has ena now.He's so happy,gotta love that smile.
http://imgur.com/JJhyK71
Mar 15, 2014 11:51 PM

Jun 2009
Go Sayu~~~~

I'm fully behind that girl LOL!
Sayu post time-skip turn into such an amazing girl

Scientist suggest that half-lings, ena are triggered during life threatening situation... Then again, both Tsumugu and Miuna almost drowned Pre-timeskip...

Something is wrong with the water post-timeskip... That is triggering the ena of half-lings...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 16, 2014 1:32 AM

Apr 2009
Sorry this just all feels wrong, I can't accept chisaki accepting tsumugu, this entire series has done nothing but shove hints of manaka x tsumugu, and of course hikari x manaka, all the sudden tsumugu is in love with chisaki, just being up front and honest these past 4 episodes have ruined this series for me, especially if they do end up as a couple. Hikari continues to chase after manaka who never bothered to give him the time of day to begin with, now we're forced to watch chisaki have to settle elsewhere. Basically none of this will make sense and with only a few episodes left i'm expecting a bad ending, at least to those who feel the same as I do.
Mar 16, 2014 1:44 AM

Sep 2012
Man I loved the camera panning shots in this episode.
"whats so special about bonzai trees?"
"They are the loli of the tree world."

Inganock of the Brightest Flame
Mar 16, 2014 1:51 AM

Jan 2014
Hikari and Miuna only they try to help Manaka... Others have already forgotten about it. miserably
Mar 16, 2014 1:56 AM

Apr 2012
LiMaKuS said:
Hikari and Miuna only they try to help Manaka... Others have already forgotten about it. miserably

Don't forget Sayu =p She gave them a mouthful.
Sayu is climbing the ladder for best girl

Mar 16, 2014 2:14 AM

Oct 2012
And now tsumugu has ena too....

Mar 16, 2014 2:29 AM

Jan 2014
I love this episode! Go Sayu! And Tsumugu's confession is just so sweet and honest. So he has ena now too! few episodes left and I don't even have any clue what's gonna happen next.
"Even if it's only one person go out and find someone unique"

Anime ListManga List
Feel free to recommend me some anime! Thank you! (o⌒.⌒o)

Mar 16, 2014 3:42 AM

Feb 2010
The feels
"Your taste is shit cause you like what I hate. Believe me I have 1000 cartoons that I rated with less than 5."

Mar 16, 2014 4:24 AM
Feb 2012
We're slowly nearing the grand finale. An emotional rollercoaster alright.
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Mar 16, 2014 5:31 AM
SetoMary Fanatic

Jun 2013
for every episode passing... my TsumuguxChisaki, HikarixMiuna and SayuxKaname ships are being slowly realized.
This is good
This is awesome
MY SHIPS ARE WINNING FOR ONCE.
I wonder if anyone can get Ena, or those with Shioshishio blood can or just those who the sea god will.

Sayu was amazing this episode
Mar 16, 2014 5:43 AM

Nov 2009
Another great episode and Tsumugu finally has his Ena and the confession was indirectly made with his scene with Hikari and off course, Chisaki is confused as to what she should do. It seems like that she may reciprocate his feelings in the next episode but will have some sort of serious talk with Kaname.

You got to really feel for Miuna and she has it really bad in term of shipping level at the moment. Although Chisaki X Tsumugu may seem very likely, I am still hanging on the neutral side as this series can really go any way. I'm glad that Sayu is getting stronger with herself and she is starting to move forward despite whatever result but I really liker her in particular as she is now the only one who doesn't have Ena in the group yet is still hanging there with a strong will so respect for that.

I had to agree on both sides when Chisaki, Kaname and perhaps Tsumugu with the fact that your better off not falling in love with someone as you won't experience pain but on the other hand, Hikari, Miuna and Sayu make a strong valid point that it is better not feeling anything.

I wonder what Manaka was trying to say after the Boat drift Ceremony but given how she picked up a red-bellied slug and the rock was white, whatever she wished must have come true but who was that really directed to?

Also if Sayu X Kaname, Chisaki X Tsumugu, Hikari X Manaka then who does Miuna end up with? Could it be she ends up with that Minegishi guy who confessed to her?

Looking forward to the development in the next episode!!

5/5

Mar 16, 2014 6:43 AM

Jan 2009
Tsumugu loves the sea
Chisaki is like the sea
Tsumugu loves Chisaki

q.e.d. motherfuckers
Pages (9) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nagi no Asukara Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 17, 2013

186 by basskiller »»
May 18, 11:53 PM

Poll: » Nagi no Asukara Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 10, 2013

168 by basskiller »»
May 17, 6:45 PM

Poll: » Nagi no Asukara Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 3, 2014

652 by oooo3333 »»
Apr 3, 12:02 AM

Poll: » Nagi no Asukara Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 3, 2013

385 by Wishimog »»
Feb 18, 10:10 PM

Poll: » Nagi no Asukara Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2014

353 by trabeus1 »»
Jan 18, 5:58 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.