Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Oct 10, 2013 4:14 AM

Dec 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Pretty good episode. It was nice to see some tag team action from Sasuke and Itachi, though it's a little unnerving to see Sasuke not all melodramatic and crazy. Also holy shit Kabuto Sage Mode is freaking badass! Also Madara is just toying with the 5 Kage at this point, it's kinda sad. I noticed the animation really improved this episode as well on top of everything else.
Aiko_HiroshiOct 10, 2013 4:22 AM
Oct 10, 2013 4:37 AM
Dec 2012
It was a nice ep, but damn wish they could finish it fast so we could go back to naruto <3
Oct 10, 2013 4:38 AM

Jul 2007
Jouten said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
Pretty good episode. It was nice to see some tag team action from Sasuke and Itachi, though it's a little unnerving to see Sasuke not all melodramatic and crazy. Also holy shit Kabuto Sage Mode is freaking badass! Also Madara is just toying with the 5 Kage at this point, it's kinda sad. I noticed the animation really improved this episode as well on top of everything else.

Wow you must of been waiting just by the second when it was released in order to finish the episode by this time.

Oct 10, 2013 4:40 AM

Nov 2011
The pacing of this episode was spot on... Really enjoyed the way they animated the tag team with the boar and kabuto.
Great episode overall hopefully we won't be in fillers again soon -.-
Oct 10, 2013 4:49 AM

Jul 2013
Nice episode, I think I'd have to say my favorite thing about this episode was the brilliant soundtrack usage. The Kabuto fight wasn't particularly entertaining for me when I read it on-panel, but it seems like it should be a fun ride to see it animated. If I'm correct the anime has to adapt about 7-8 chapters until we get to see

MinagatachiOct 10, 2013 4:56 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 10, 2013 5:20 AM

Feb 2013
Not much to say about this ep, it was good. Cool to see Sasuke and Itachi working together, they make a pretty good team. Also Kabuto sure has come a long way from the wimp he was when he served Orochimaru. Its pretty impressive that hes taking on both Uchiha brothers at the same time and holding his own when Orochimaru got owned by both separately lol.
Oct 10, 2013 5:45 AM

Dec 2012
link9us said:
Wow you must of been waiting just by the second when it was released in order to finish the episode by this time.

It's ok, you'll have another chance to be first again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again.

---

Good episode, I'm really liking this so far. I never liked Sasuke as a character much, but I always enjoy his appearances in the anime. Nice change of pace from Naruto.
Oct 10, 2013 5:45 AM

Dec 2012
Damn Kabuto is really bringing out the big guns, first a Madara reanimation and now sage mode? Looks like Sasuke and Itachi are starting to get along again, I wonder if that'll lead to a change of heart for Sasuke. Sucks for the 5 kage, although I can't help but love seeing Madara disown them, he's seriously a bad ass.
Oct 10, 2013 5:55 AM

Mar 2012
I seriously can't see how Madara can be defeated at this point.
His power is really surreal and out of this world. I really don't want to see him being beaten easily or unrealistically in the end.
He has unlimited chakra and he's immortal so I want to see how it all pans out
Oct 10, 2013 6:18 AM

Nov 2010
JayPii said:
His power is really surreal and out of this world. I really don't want to see him being beaten easily or unrealistically in the end.

Plot no jutsu no doubt.
Oct 10, 2013 6:22 AM

Nov 2011
It has already been said, the only one who can defeat Madara is the first Hokage. The Five Kages won't be able to do much I'm afraid. Struggle all they want, in the end they'll still lose.

Sasuke being suddenly got at Archery is an asspull.

At this point, it look like Kabuto has really surpassed Orochimaru. His Edo Tensei is stronger, he got Suigetsu's liquid body,Karin's healing ability and Juugo's clan power that make him able to enter Sage mode.

Oct 10, 2013 6:51 AM

Nov 2011
Dat fucking snakes.

Oop and Kabuto reveals about the Ryuchi Cave. I'm not too surprised though unlike Itachi-kun there. Decent episode overall. The fighting and OST matched well along with the boar hunting scene. Oh God Kabuto looked disgusting.
Oct 10, 2013 7:36 AM

Apr 2011
I liked the little flashback filler they put in, really gave the scene a nice feeling there.

KaiserNazrin said:

If you're speaking about the flashback, then it was a filler. If you were talking about him striking Kabuto's tail, then he was always very good at targets (after the massacre, I mean).
Oct 10, 2013 8:06 AM

May 2009
i enjoyed every bit of this episode
im loving seeing sasuke and itachi work together, the flashback was p good too
Oct 10, 2013 8:31 AM

Nov 2010
Epic!
I'm glad they didn't finish off Kabuto in one episode

The past and other fights were so awesome
Oct 10, 2013 9:23 AM
Mar 2010
yhunata said:
I liked the little flashback filler they put in, really gave the scene a nice feeling there.

KaiserNazrin said:

If you're speaking about the flashback, then it was a filler. If you were talking about him striking Kabuto's tail, then he was always very good at targets (after the massacre, I mean).

Umm.. no? That flashback tag-teaming was in the manga, thats why this was so good, worked perfectly together. Exactly like in manga.
Awesome episode, especially how shiny they animated that <spoiler> genjutsu thingy at the end by Itachi. Oh anime only watchers probably thought it is just shiny genjutsu!
And of course soundtrack was ON POINT great
Oct 10, 2013 9:31 AM

Apr 2011
j-l said:
yhunata said:

KaiserNazrin said:

Umm.. no? That flashback tag-teaming was in the manga, thats why this was so good, worked perfectly together. Exactly like in manga.
Awesome episode, especially how shiny they animated that

And of course soundtrack was ON POINT great

It was? Can't seem to remember it.

P.S. We use BB code, not HTML codes. use these "[ ]" instead "< >".
Oct 10, 2013 9:57 AM

Jun 2013
Really nice episode.
Oct 10, 2013 10:00 AM

Sep 2013
Loved the episode I don't know why people hate the opening I'm in love with it... 5/5
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 10, 2013 10:01 AM

Dec 2009
link9us said:
Jouten said:

I just happened to be around when the episode was advertised by a Facebook page. I watched it and saw that the episode discussion still wasn't up, so I made one. Happened last week too, which is odd no one is apparently awake at that time.
Oct 10, 2013 10:16 AM

Apr 2011
Kazi9 said:
Loved the episode I don't know why people hate the opening I'm in love with it... 5/5

I love the opening too, but it doesn't fit the anime - both song and visuals. They're more suited to something like Detective Conan, especially the song and the parts where Tobi, Gai and Kakashi's face gets becomes all red in the end.
Oct 10, 2013 10:17 AM

May 2013
Good episode.
Oct 10, 2013 10:17 AM

Jul 2013
Oh no!!..Oh Gosh no!!.Please no!!!Nooo!!.
The nightmare has returned!!.
Episodes are now all about emo Sasuke and his past again.Do you remember those dark times?In the first series, we barely saw Naruto in those eps.
When I watched this episode one question was in my mind:
WHERE THE HELL İS NARUTO??
Pretty good episode anyway..
Sennin Mode's returned!!I've always liked sennin mode more than Bijuu-chakra mode.
Orochimaru-sama!!
Is there a Snake-Sage smt??I wonder if there is also a Slug-Sage??
Oct 10, 2013 10:45 AM

Apr 2011
achmed-sama said:
Episodes are now all about emo Sasuke and his past again.Do you remember those dark times?In the first series, we barely saw Naruto in those eps.

Not for long. After this battle, the focus will shift to Naruto's battle. As for "Where is Naruto?", we saw him 2-3 episodes ago.
Oct 10, 2013 11:31 AM

Jul 2007
Jouten said:
link9us said:
Jouten said:

I just happened to be around when the episode was advertised by a Facebook page. I watched it and saw that the episode discussion still wasn't up, so I made one. Happened last week too, which is odd no one is apparently awake at that time.

Yeah i didn't even watch it last night but i have a good idea what happens since i read the manga anyhow. But ill be watching it here in a bit. I am guessing this is where they reveal the caves and the origins of the sannin powers. The original sage animals. The series is finally starting to bring forth the mysteries and reveals, adding more story elements which is a good thing. pretty soon will get the whole entire truth and back story behind kabuto's character, can't wait for that.

I enjoy the action as much as everyone, but i also like when the plot moves forward and we get more insight into the characters. THe big moment here though and in future episodes is deffinitly the Uchiha brothers fighting together, we have never seen this because of all the conflicts going around and the world in total disseray. Itachi and sasuke fighting together is a welcome sight to behold.

JayPii said:

Madara is just barely getting starting. He has not even begun to show his true potential, but i guess thats pretty evident by how he's making a game out of the 5 kage's and mind you these are "Kage's" and he's swapping them around like flieis. Their is a reason though for this, as you'll see pretty soon.
ArtimesGamerOct 10, 2013 11:38 AM

Oct 10, 2013 11:45 AM

Apr 2013
That was such an amaaazing episode!! I loved the way they mized in the flashback with the real fight, made it feel soo special. Seeing itachi and sasuke working together just makes me feel soo happy, loving this plott!
Was reaally cool when sasuke was shouting to itachi about how kabuto was gonna get his sword and then you see Itachi using his eyes and all the crows then coming, wow soo amazing!
Oct 10, 2013 12:15 PM

Jul 2007
So now that i finally saw it, have to say i really loved the animation here. It seems the series is improving on that aspect considering all of these fights coming up. So thats a good thing.

So they reveal sage kabuto, the secret behind his sage abilities involving the 3 characters, karin, jugo and seigetsu unique clans abilities. They also reveal that karin is an uzumaki and along with their inherate trait of all uzukami's having red hair. The secret to the 3 sannin's sage powers all 3 secret caves for the first time in the series are revealed, Jiraya of the frog, Tsunade of the slug and orichimaru of the snake, or as kabuto likes to be called the "Dragon" that transcends orichimaru now.

These are the kind of episodes i been waiting for, very informative information, adding more detail to the naruto universe and also showing quite the great action sequences.

Next episode is going to be even better. Some pretty awesome moments are on their way. It seems so far all the way into beginning of November is still all pure canon so things are looking good.

ArtimesGamerOct 10, 2013 12:25 PM

Oct 10, 2013 12:24 PM

Apr 2011
link9us said:
So now that i finally saw it, have to say i really loved the animation here. It seems the series is improving on that aspect considering all of these fights coming up. So thats a good thing.

So they reveal sage kabuto, the secret behind his sage abilities involving the 3 characters, karin, jugo and seigetsu unique clans abilities. They also reveal that karin is an uzumaki and along with their inherate trait of all uzukami's having red hair. The secret to the 3 sannin's sage powers all 3 secret caves for the first time in the series are revealed, Jiraya of the frog, Tsunade of the slug and orichimaru of the snake, or as kabuto likes to be called the "Dragon" that transcends orichimaru now.

These are the kind of episodes i been waiting for, very informative information, adding more detail to the naruto universe and also showing quite the great action sequences.

Next episode is going to be even better. Some pretty awesome moments are on their way.

Indeed, the animation quality is really improving. Hopefully, when we get into the battles with Tobi and Madara, it will be even better because those two battles deserve it.
Oct 10, 2013 1:09 PM

Jul 2013
achmed-sama said:
When I watched this episode one question was in my mind:
WHERE THE HELL İS NARUTO??

He's kidding right? Didn't we just have Naruto for like 50 episodes? If you're going to watch Naruto then why would you complain about the other main character getting screen time? Name one anime where the main character doesn't get screen time and I would love to see it. Besides, I find Sasuke's side of the story much more entertaining than Naruto's.

DarkMorpher said:
Finally an episode worth watching, unlike the past ones, half of which filled with long flashbacks. And Itachi's Crow Clone Jutsu never looked so EPIC until this episode.
What about 322, 325, 326, 329, 332 and 333? I thought those episodes were pretty good recent episodes, most of them better than this one.
MinagatachiOct 10, 2013 1:20 PM
Oct 10, 2013 1:13 PM

Jan 2013
How many love to watch that OP? :) I enjoy it. Haha I found the spoiler in the OP, it was Kabuto's sage mode :P you can see it this episode.
Disappointing ending, but I like the song from the ED too. 4/5 as the fights were epic and new stuff was revealed again.
Why is that tail coming from his belly? Is it some sort of umbilical cord? xD
I WANT MORE :P. I want them to release 150 episodes tomorrow :D.
Oct 10, 2013 1:22 PM

Apr 2011
ao_no_exo said:

I don't think that was ever explained. It's a snake, but nothing is ever mentioned about what the fuck it's doing coming out of his stomach like that.
Oct 10, 2013 1:51 PM

Jul 2013
The tag team between the Uchiha brothers was heartwarming :)

The whole entire thing with the snake sage was a shock, but if there's a toad sage then it sort of makes sense that there's a snake one. I wonder if there are others like bug(Shino), dog(Kiba), etc.

Also I don't remember if they mentioned this before but I never knew that Nagato and Karin are Uzumakis. So I guess every red head in this universe has Uzumaki blood?
Oct 10, 2013 1:58 PM

Apr 2011
ihusmal1234 said:
The tag team between the Uchiha brothers was heartwarming :)

The whole entire thing with the snake sage was a shock, but if there's a toad sage then it sort of makes sense that there's a snake one. I wonder if there are others like bug(Shino), dog(Kiba), etc.

Also I don't remember if they mentioned this before but I never knew that Nagato and Karin are Uzumakis. So I guess every red head in this universe has Uzumaki blood?

Not every one. Red hair just happens to be one of the Uzumaki's traits. Meaning it's not something exclusive to them, but it's still one of their defining traits.
Oct 10, 2013 2:15 PM

Feb 2012
Pretty good episode, Kabuto ain't afraid of no Susano'o.

Snake Sage Mods ruls.
Oct 10, 2013 2:15 PM

Mar 2013
Finally! Some brother teamwork! Epic. :D
Oct 10, 2013 2:21 PM

Dec 2012
This is actually pretty good :3 The animation got better. I loved that extra scene in Sasuke and Itachi's little hunt :3 So cute.
Oct 10, 2013 5:42 PM

Dec 2012
Great episode. The teamwork between Itachi & Sasuke was awesome. That brotherly bond. Loved the crows.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Oct 10, 2013 7:38 PM

Apr 2013
Good episode. Glad they didn't stretch out the flashback.
Oct 10, 2013 8:44 PM

Sep 2013
yhunata said:
Kazi9 said:

I love the opening too, but it doesn't fit the anime - both song and visuals. They're more suited to something like Detective Conan, especially the song and the parts where Tobi, Gai and Kakashi's face gets becomes all red in the end.

I see your point...
Oct 11, 2013 8:44 AM

Jan 2013
nice ep, but I want to see more Madara's fight and Naruto's fight with Tobi ^^
Oct 11, 2013 9:07 AM

Jun 2012
18:40-19:25 was so good
Oct 11, 2013 9:13 AM

Apr 2011
Levy-chaan said:
nice ep, but I want to see more Madara's fight and Naruto's fight with Tobi ^^

We'll see them soon. In about..... I'd say 4-5 episodes max.
Oct 11, 2013 10:30 AM

Jan 2013
Looking forward to the explanation of Itachi's eye power.
Nice episode
Oct 11, 2013 10:47 AM

Jul 2007
yhunata said:
ao_no_exo said:

I don't think that was ever explained. It's a snake, but nothing is ever mentioned about what the fuck it's doing coming out of his stomach like that.

What are you taking about this was already explained i believe in the anime.

It was noted that all humans that dabble in the sage arts, their are repercussions and they take on some form of transformation to that of the animal. Body transfiguration and mutations from using senjutsu and natural energy is the result. In this case kabuto's sage art is an incomplete form of the dragon. Not perfect, resulting in this type of deformed looking characters.

The biggest theory and mystery surrounding the character Orichimaru, why did he always look so strange, had a long tongue, was able to put the sword of tsukuyomi into his mouth and swallow it hole, shoot snakes out of his mouth. This is not just a natural cause, and he is the only character in the naruto universe that was able to do something crazy like that. In short you would question his humanity and think of him as a monster of some sort, all of this is due to an imperfect senjutsu mode where he went to the cave and trained in the art of the snake, which obviously happened some times before the beginning of the naruto storyline.

Naruto on the other hand perfected sage mode, allowing just the right balance of using natural energy with his normal chakra.

This was all explained by the elders i believe.
ArtimesGamerOct 11, 2013 10:52 AM

Oct 11, 2013 11:02 AM

Apr 2011
link9us said:
yhunata said:
ao_no_exo said:

What are you taking about this was already explained i believe in the anime.

It was noted that all humans that dabble in the sage arts, their are repercussions and they take on some form of transformation to that of the animal. Body transfiguration and mutations from using senjutsu and natural energy is the result. In this case kabuto's sage art is an incomplete form of the dragon. Not perfect, resulting in this type of deformed looking characters.

The biggest theory and mystery surrounding the character Orichimaru, why did he always look so strange, had a long tongue, was able to put the sword of tsukuyomi into his mouth and swallow it hole, shoot snakes out of his mouth. This is not just a natural cause, and he is the only character in the naruto universe that was able to do something crazy like that. In short you would question his humanity and think of him as a monster of some sort, all of this is due to an imperfect senjutsu mode where he went to the cave and trained in the art of the snake, which obviously happened some times before the beginning of the naruto storyline.

Naruto on the other hand perfected sage mode, allowing just the right balance of using natural energy with his normal chakra.

This was all explained by the elders i believe.

Jiraiya was constantly turning into a frog, while he was in Sage Mode. Kabuto never constantly transforms, so we can't really call this the results of an Imperfect Sage Mode. And I don't think Kabuto had any reason to lie about him having attained the perfect Sage Mode.
Oct 11, 2013 12:43 PM

Dec 2011
The animation kinda improved... but still not on par with the past animation...
I am glad they didn't extend the flashback of Sasuke that much.
Oct 11, 2013 1:36 PM

Jul 2007
Fiji said:
The animation kinda improved... but still not on par with the past animation...
I am glad they didn't extend the flashback of Sasuke that much.

Well if you compare it like Madara's arrival, that was pretty much movie like quality. That was initially a high budget episode only specifically for that special moment in the series, we likely won't see production values that high. Studio periot might get the same guy to direct future episodes that are very suspenseful like that one was in the future but hard to tell.

In any case the animation has improved by alot compared to the crap they were showing during the early parts of this arc.

Yeah the flash back scene was just perfect, just like it was in the manga.

I am curious how they will handle Kabuto Yakushi's Back story. Adding extra development is not always a bad thing though.
ArtimesGamerOct 11, 2013 1:39 PM

Oct 11, 2013 2:04 PM

Jan 2013
Finally working together <3
Let's see if itachi and sasake can take kabuto down ^^.

Now I'm wondering what's happening to naruto.
Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel.- Tifa lockhart
Which is it? A memory or us? -Tifa lockhart
Oct 12, 2013 6:08 AM

Apr 2009
Kabuto's a dragon now, congratulations! XD Dragons huh? Come to think of it, I haven't seen a live dragon or dragon-like summon/animal (in either chinese or western type appearance) in Naruto world except on elemental ninjutsu attacks and those were just names...Or maybe it's just me.

Wait, the giant snakes and their summons have sages too like the giant toads? O_o Maybe there's lots of sage art types out there since it's all about natural energy but it will depend on the practitioners (frog/toad, snakes, all the other giant summons, hell I'm not surprised if the Uchiha old cat lady was a sage too! LOL), the only barrier is the very high chakra level and body type to hold that massive chakra. Ah my head gone to speculating again, sorry. Anyway good episode.
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Oct 12, 2013 6:16 AM

Apr 2012
I really wish they could show us Madara's full power. With him using Mokuton, Susanoo and the Rinnegan so easily, makes you wonder what he can do when he's actually trying.

Kabuto's Sage Mode is pretty cool, I wonder if the Hawks, Slugs and Monkeys have their own. Also, the way they explain Kabuto's power up implies that it could be possible to learn Sage Mode on your own, without the help of any summons.
"Rejoice! We are humans— we are the most talented people! Precisely because we were born without any ability— we can achieve anything— this is the will of the weakest race!" – Sora, ‘No game No life Vol.01’
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 42 Discussion ( 1 2 )

radiantfire - Jan 10, 2008

78 by pickyotaku »»
Jun 16, 7:24 AM

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 41 Discussion

zq - Dec 21, 2007

25 by pickyotaku »»
Jun 15, 3:42 PM

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 40 Discussion ( 1 2 )

radiantfire - Dec 20, 2007

78 by pickyotaku »»
Jun 15, 9:59 AM

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 39 Discussion ( 1 2 )

CrackedFlowers - Dec 13, 2007

53 by pickyotaku »»
Jun 15, 9:39 AM

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 36 Discussion

Dunther - Aug 13, 2008

17 by pickyotaku »»
Jun 14, 3:54 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.