Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (18) « First ... « 8 9 [10] 11 12 » ... Last »
Aug 19, 2013 9:25 AM

Jan 2011
The best thing about an ending like this, is reading all of these comments.
"Chie was shot... by Dojima, 'She was an alien.'" - Vinny Caravella [Persona 4 Endurance Run: Episode 50]
Aug 19, 2013 10:08 AM
Jul 2012
10 year after epilogue would be great.
Aug 19, 2013 10:12 AM

Sep 2012
Now that i gave it more thought. the ending was actually not that bad.

xKirix said:

Ponpokopii said:
And here i was finally supporting Kirino...sigh.
Oh well,l dunno about the novel but the way they end it season 3 is possible???

This is the same end as the LN. Read the description.

lol i'm dumb.
tuturu~!! (≧◡≦)
Aug 19, 2013 10:24 AM

Apr 2009
Fitting, horrible ending for a horrible franchise.
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Aug 19, 2013 10:30 AM

Jul 2012
SS Ayase chan! On anther note, the ending was okay.... although, for him to reject all those girls (including ayase T-T) only to end up somewhat alone, well that sucks lol.
Aug 19, 2013 10:32 AM

Jun 2012
I'm actually gonna change my opinion based on the things I've read on here. I had no idea Tsukasa Fushimi was basically put into a corner, because of Japan's newest laws. Now, I can understand why he ended it the way he did, and why he created so many subtle clues. All in all, I'm still giving it a 9/10, but I respect Tsukasa Fushimi a lot more now than I did last night.

Also, I wouldn't mind an OVA (if possible) about Tsukasa Fushimi's actual ending a couple of years down the road.
PheneksAug 19, 2013 10:39 AM
Aug 19, 2013 10:36 AM

Dec 2010
Misiakk said:
So he turned down 3 girls who confess to him for this few weeks of fake relationship and marriage with his sister? Lol thats lame.

Exactly. The ending was a cop-out at best. Either they are together or they aren't choose one and write for that. Because the wishy washy we will be together until we graduate was just irritating.

Honestly, they are so in love that they do all the things they did, however they have no problem just breaking it off at an arbitrary point in time. smh...I prefer a fake open ended ending to this crap.
Aug 19, 2013 10:49 AM

Dec 2010
SCREW THIS! Give me back my kirino </3
Would've given this a perfect 10 but screw you, i'm even reluctant about giving you 1, it feels so wasted on this!!
Aug 19, 2013 11:19 AM
Sep 2012
I didn't really like it, the rejection of the girls here made it sad but just strengthened Kyousuke sacrifices but together they cant follow it through because of societal norm. A lot of burnt down bridges now leaving you stranded. Probably 'realistic' in way but their feelings will never be fully expressed which is sad.

If they made a fake 'open' ending or a full positive one where they just remained is secret or maybe a 10 years later OVA would make me feel a lot better.

Paraphrased from the light novel, just makes me feel depressed.

- "This, I return to you."
- While speaking, Kirino took down the wedding ring and handed it over. The ring, that I helped Kirino in putting it on.
- I used only one hand do silently take this ring, while the other still continued hugging Kirino's back....
- "...................."
- ".................."
- "That's about it, how long do you intend to keep intimately hugging your sister? We are not lovers anymore, so let go."
- "Yes, yes."
- We returned from being lovers to being siblings, returned to the state of dating nobody.
- Nobody was at my side and I also couldn't take anyone back.
- That was my choice.
- We changed back into our school uniforms and left the church
- Then, we already no longer held hands.
Aug 19, 2013 11:22 AM
Mar 2010
Ah, what a roller coaster. I supported KirinoxKyousuke since day 1 and while I'm so happy to see them get together(or not?) at last, it makes me sad that the series is ending.
KirinoxKyousuke FTW.
Check out the News Club for daily rankings, discussion on future CD and BD releases, manga and novels. New members are welcome!
Aug 19, 2013 11:29 AM

Aug 2012

damn Aniplex for ruining one of the best scene in OreImo (and probably the most important scene, considering the meaning behind that kiss). I feel sorry for the Author..

oh well, i'm gonna entertain myself by re-reading vol 12 again..

damn you Aniplex..

and still waiting patiently for a 3rd season of Spice & Wolf :'|
Aug 19, 2013 11:31 AM

Jan 2011
Disgusting. the ending is just horrible. i mean, they defended their relationship to just finish it like that? ryousuke turned down 4 girls for just a few days with his sister, then finish their romance and then end up with nothing but his sister? this is SO unnatural and stupid!
Aug 19, 2013 11:42 AM

Aug 2012
This anime was shit. anyone who says differently is just trying to process it in a way so they can fool themselves into believing that they didn't waste their time on it.
كنت تهدر وقتك عن طريق ترجمة هذه.

mattbenz99 said:
Christians and Satanists are technically the same thing
Aug 19, 2013 11:58 AM

Jul 2010
Shitty ending for shitty anime, I'm not complaining at all. 3/10 out of pity.

My favorite part was when Kyosuke did the WRYYYYYY thing.

Aug 19, 2013 12:02 PM
KDE Plasma

Jun 2012
I do not see a problem with the ending anymore. If you really think about it you will understand.

Kirino and Kyousuke know that they have to keep their love as secret. In the end they are lovers and a nice couple, but they cannot act free.

I am happy about the ending :)
Aug 19, 2013 12:06 PM

Aug 2012
Cyanwasserstoff said:
I do not see a problem with the ending anymore. If you really think about it you will understand.

Kirino and Kyousuke know that they have to keep their love as secret.

I didn't see anyone else in the chapel. Their love should still be a secret since Kyousuke essentially drove away all of the girls who were aware of the incestuous relationship.

This logic of it being a secret is also flawed, because if they really did want to keep it a secret, Kyousuke wouldn't be shouting about in the streets. Guess that was just for dramatic effect though.

mattbenz99 said:
Aug 19, 2013 12:16 PM
Jan 2011
So it's a Imoto ending, man why does Kyouske have to dump Minami?
Aug 19, 2013 12:24 PM

Aug 2012
I'm still Lol'ing at the people blaming the studio/media for not letting the author do what he wants.

He/she must've been cognizant of the fact that the age group which this incest themed series was aimed at would not be able to go very far.

i mean come the fuck on. If you really wanted to make an incest themed stroy, you'd make sure that it was aimed at a higher age group and placed in a later time slot.

In the end, he/she sacrificed the story for the sake of having a larger audience, and a larger audience means more sales.

TL;DR The author is a sell-out whore.

mattbenz99 said:
Aug 19, 2013 12:28 PM

Nov 2009
Kyousuke wins the award for the lamest anime char of all time lolz
Aug 19, 2013 12:32 PM

Sep 2011
Dragon_Slayer_X said:
Antanaru said:
And so Manami was the only normal character in this show. This series was staggering very close to a danger zone the whole time but these last 3 episodes were so disgusting I can't imagine someone actually produced something like this. Now I need to forget about this before I throw up.

You are calling Manami aka the worst and most disgusting character of the show NORMAL?

i say its a warped sense of logic.
Saying incest isnt good in a calm serious manner is normal buuuut saying that while SMILING LIKE THAT WITH A CHEERY TONE to a ignorant little girl is both creepy and bitchy.

Mod Edit: Modified quote.
LunaAug 19, 2013 1:35 PM
Aug 19, 2013 12:37 PM
KDE Plasma

Jun 2012
Goryo said:

I didn't see anyone else in the chapel. Their love should still be a secret since Kyousuke essentially drove away all of the girls who were aware of the incestuous relationship.

This logic of it being a secret is also flawed, because if they really did want to keep it a secret, Kyousuke wouldn't be shouting about in the streets. Guess that was just for dramatic effect though.

Sure , it was very risky to shout it out loud, but in that moment he did.

The main problem will be that the society will not accept their relationship, so they have to keep it as secret. In any other ways they cannot be a couple because of the pressure from the people around them ( i do not mean their close friends)
Aug 19, 2013 12:43 PM

Nov 2010
So ... they just threw away their feelings? and went back to being normal sibilings? ... ok ...
Aug 19, 2013 12:46 PM

Aug 2012
Cyanwasserstoff said:
Goryo said:

Sure , it was very risky to shout it out loud, but in that moment he did.

The main problem will be that the society will not accept their relationship, so they have to keep it as secret. In any other ways they cannot be a couple because of the pressure from the people around them ( i do not mean their close friends)

They have differently colored hair and eyes.

Random passersby wouldn't be able to tell that they were BroxSis

mattbenz99 said:
Aug 19, 2013 12:47 PM

May 2012
Misiakk said:
So he turned down 3 girls who confess to him for this few weeks of fake relationship and marriage with his sister? Lol thats lame.

Agreed, but 4 girls actually and 5 if you count Saori.

This anime went down-hill after the ova specials of season 1. Season 2 had some good moments with Kuruneko and Ayase. But this last 3 episodes....smh.

Rejecting Kuruneko or Ayase (for a relationship that obviously won't work out) is just stupid. I don't mind Kirino, but too bad incest is not accepted in this Oreimo universe.
Aug 19, 2013 12:48 PM

Jul 2011
Kirino so kawaii tho
Aug 19, 2013 1:02 PM
Jun 2012
Woo, this series always gets a reaction from me. "It's so weird", "Oh god", "What the...", et cetera. And that what I like about it. Though I still gun for the "the happy harem ending", it was quite the trip, and a surprise to see it end. Damn I love my trips, now it's over :(. It's so awkward. But refreshing because to me it's quite unique and rarely is there a forbidden love scenario these days in clean non-h series.

Ah I can't tell how to feel after watching this, kinda bittersweet but more weight on the happier side of things.

5/5 because it got me screaming with reactions with everyone asleep at 5am lol.
Aug 19, 2013 1:50 PM

May 2007
I really didn't like it, and it's not because of some dumbass reason like "OMG MY WAIFU WASN'T THE ONE!!!". It's just that the whole incest stuff is suddenly serious business. Before, it was all fun and cockteasing, but all of the sudden, they talk about marriage and what not. Okay, even if I forgive that, one scene later, it's about eroge like nothing really happened. The show has some serious identity crisis, they don't know whether they should be serious or a stupid siscon anime. Choose one, and stick to it.

Even in the end, it still doesn't have the balls to make up its mind whether to have them marry for real or not. I couldn't care less if they ended up together or not, but make up your damn mind.

Not to mention they tried to cram all the rejections in just 3 episodes, practically saying: the whole 2 seasons was for naught, here, we'll give you the skimmed version of the show, because, the heck with it.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 19, 2013 1:54 PM
May 2011
Terrible and disgusting 1/5
ban1o.jpg
Aug 19, 2013 2:01 PM

Aug 2013
Still I can't just accept the fact that he *the author* was kinda forced to make things this way ( If you know japan, you also know what might have happened if he disobeyed superior orders - Like never find another job in this lifetime).
Even so seems like I can't swallow the fact that what was written cannot be unwritten. I still wanted to see them openly breaking the rules, after all it's what fiction is for. Instead author had to chose a life of misery and never publish anything again - or - crappy ending.
He chose the latter and I cannot really blame him as much as I like to. Even if he did what he could so we can 'read between the lines' I still wanted a open wincest.
So many people talking about 'reality', well in my country you are born like half-married to your siblings, I mean, they inherit your stuff in case you're not married yet, you can chose to entitle them with the social benefits that would normally go to your wife/son, you can get out of home and live with your siblings without raising suspicion, you don't even need an excuse, it's implied that you're just leaving your parents home so they can live the rest of their lifes with higher privacy and that's fine for most if not all people. and maybe that's why I fail to drop the issue as much as I'd like to.

edit: just remembered, you can legally adopt your niece/nephew too, no one needs to know they are your real children.

Don't misunderstand me, incest is a taboo around here too but you can keep it a secret without much effort, I guess that this is a lot different in japan.

What bugs me most are the final words of the LN author

"If, many years later, you were to inadvertently think about the characters of Oreimo, you could try imagining how they are doing in their lives right now, or something."

1 - Kirino and Kyousuke will be fapping to each other's underwear.

2 - Kyousuke will become a depressed drunk and cry like a baby remembering the missed opportunities.

3 - Ruri is a depressed mangaka.

4 - Ayase became crazy.

5 - Saori is rich.

6 - Kanako don't give a shit.

7 - Manami found a normal guy.

8 - Kyousuke will commit suicide.

And kirino still a bitch, she will find some rich and fat old dude after attending to her brother's funeral and suck his.... money

I was really planning to drop the issue but it bugs me so much I just can't help it. xD
SousukeARX7Aug 19, 2013 2:09 PM
Aug 19, 2013 3:12 PM

Apr 2013
Earthbound12 said:
The best thing about an ending like this, is reading all of these comments.

Pretty much.
Man this is some bona fide author trolling right here. Kubo himself would go "damn" at this.
Aug 19, 2013 3:16 PM

Mar 2013
I guess I'll voice my opinion
With all the rage and (unnecessary) reviews going on, I was satisfied with the ending. I was routing for Kuroneko the whole time and was disappointed that she was rejected, but whatever. That catfight was something, and what really surprised me was the fact Kanako confessed to Kyousuke. When I finished the specials I didn't think much about the ending, I just thought "Ah it was a fun ride, guess it's over" and moved on.
Later on seeing all the discussions made me confused, like "why is everyone so mad?" going deeper and reading the opinions of other made me think I little more. Now that I think about I'm a little mad about Kyousuke rejecting everyone just for a limited time relationship, it was kind of pointless and he ended up with nobody.
But overall I'm not as angry or upset like some people, again it was a fun ride so for me it's a 8/10 and the entire OreImo series ~ 8/10
XeralliteAug 19, 2013 3:26 PM
Aug 19, 2013 3:27 PM

Sep 2011
Misiakk said:
Agreed 100% fucking unbelievable.
Aug 19, 2013 4:05 PM
Jul 2010
So much bullsh*t in just one episode. I'm impressed. Why did he leave all those girls for nothing? And the breakup scenes with Kuroneko and Manami made me really mad.
Aug 19, 2013 4:38 PM

Jul 2013
Yeah I'm extremely, extremely disappointed.

I'm a big Manami fan and I think what hurt me the most is seeing Manami basically laying down the cold hard truth and getting burned for it. It almost seemed like they were trying to make Manami a villain or something. Here's Kyousuke's childhood friend who's been with him for over a decade and he totally shuts her down with pretty much no emotion or regrets so that he can have a relationship with his little sister, which as Manami so eloquently pointed out, wasn't going to work no matter how much they may want it to.

So Manami gets totally crushed and heartbroken by a mind she no longer understands, and then at the end it's pretty much, "Hey remember all those girls' hearts that I crushed? Too bad that was all for nothing because we're not really going along with this lol."

I just can't live with that. Pointless heartbreak. Nobody really wins. What a freakin' joke.
Aug 19, 2013 5:10 PM

Dec 2009
Excuse me while I jump off a cliff.
I have my own anime blog. It's called Anime Viking. Hope you'll you read it!

Aug 19, 2013 5:22 PM

Dec 2011
It was so painful to watch the first episode, seriously. But he wasn't just eluding her, just like a real man should do (for me, at least).

And I waited so long for this fight episode, OH GOD.

9/10, only because I love Kuroneko </3.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 19, 2013 5:22 PM

Jul 2009
God dammit even though I knew how it ends that was fucking gross
Don't forget.
Always, somewhere,
someone is fighting for you.
As long as you remember her,
you are not alone.
Aug 19, 2013 5:31 PM

Dec 2009
EFF!@!!@!!! I love the series, but the fact he had to blow away all the other competition and just be without anyone at the end. DAMNIT!!!!
Aug 19, 2013 5:34 PM

Dec 2009
SousukeARX7 said:

1 - Kirino and Kyousuke will be fapping to each other's underwear.

2 - Kyousuke will become a depressed drunk and cry like a baby remembering the missed opportunities.

3 - Ruri is a depressed mangaka.

4 - Ayase became crazy.

5 - Saori is rich.

6 - Kanako don't give a shit.

7 - Manami found a normal guy.

8 - Kyousuke will commit suicide.

And kirino still a bitch, she will find some rich and fat old dude after attending to her brother's funeral and suck his.... money

I was really planning to drop the issue but it bugs me so much I just can't help it. xD

HAHA! sounds like a setting for a Key game.
Aug 19, 2013 5:37 PM
Jan 2010
"If, many years later, you were to inadvertently think about the characters of Oreimo, you could try imagining how they are doing in their lives right now, or something."

Kyousuke, due to fraying his ties with his friends, ends up being a full-blown otaku, much more than Kirino ever was. He ends up sharing much of Kirino's merchandise. Although he was able to get decent grades in college, he became a freeter (see Kirino) shortly after graduating.

Kirino continues to pursue her career as an athlete, and slowly becomes less of an otaku, but she occasionally adds new merch to her collection. She financially supports Kyousuke's rent fees, and helps out in getting him part-time jobs to get.

Manami decides to permanently remove all of her contacts with the Kousaka family and moves to Kyoto, where she starts a "branch" of the Tamura sweets shop. Apparently, her kind personality becomes a facade for his customers, as she rarely talks casually with anyone.

Saori continues to be the moderator of Otaku Girls Unite!, and is the only bridge between Kirino, Ruri and Kyousuke. She still maintains her look, but is already eyeing on a new member which may fit as her successor.

Ruri focuses all of her efforts on becoming an otaku and decides to work full-time after graduating from high school to help with the Gokou family's earnings. She is still active in the Kuroneko Circle.

Ayase never forgot about Kyousuke and eventually used her parents' influence to track down Kyousuke's and Kirino's movements over the next three years. Eventually, she gave up on stalking and instead vows that "none of this bullshit between siblings" happens again.

Upon entering college, she studies law and vows to become a politician, pushing stricter rules imposed on incest.

Kanako, despite what happened to her and Kyousuke, manages to continue a successful idol career. However, she avoids meeting Kyousuke in fears that it may affect her career.
Aug 19, 2013 5:52 PM

Jul 2009
Why...?, why this troll ending??. Why didnt the author had the balls to make a incest ending??, he was leading the whole story for a incest ending from the very start, why this troll?.

I cant write anything else.. i'm really dissapointed. The worst anime ending i've ever watched.
Aug 19, 2013 5:58 PM

Apr 2013

You people have no imagination. Where is that Nice Boat epilogue I was expecting from all of you?
Aug 19, 2013 6:00 PM
Oct 2009
"Incest for the win" by kyousuke.

Added to my list of favorite quotes.
Aug 19, 2013 6:07 PM

Feb 2012
eNkel said:
OriginANIME said:
Bloodcalibur said:
OriginANIME said:
SousukeARX7 said:
UEGDespair said:
I don't really get this ending.....so are they getting back together after kirino graduates highschool or is it over? So confused O_o

Read between the lines, yes their relationship continues, author didnt wrote it openly because of anime's own popularity and censorship sht. But use your brain and pretty please read between the lines, that's how japan works.
Or do you think they will both follow the path of celibacy and Kyou will be reduced to fapping to his sister panties forever? I think the "let us talk about this when we get home" or whatever Kirino said at the end made it abundantly clear what's going to happen whithout butthurting the censorship and company policies.

I think you're thinking way too into this sir. (and don't even try bringing up the VN ending)

He isn't thinking way too into it actually. The author himself has come on interviews explicitly stating what his intentions were and how he had to work within the regulations of his editor. He explained that the ending he wrote (VN and Anime) were the best he could do while still remaining acceptable. He also stated that the kiss on the cheek at the end was also intended for the lips.

I know what his intentions were, but I mean that's obviously how they made it. They didn't make it for you to "read in between the lines". In my opinion it was like an alternate ending, just like how visual novels have multiple endings. The author had his intended ending, but he had to change it to be more suitable for the general audience. He was saying how it was so obvious and everything, but in my opinion, I don't think there were any special meaning behind her saying "lets talk about this when we get home" etc.

But yeah, I could be wrong. xD

Couldn't agree more.

And btw.: Bloodcalibur, about your last sentence, do you have a source for that?

http://yaraon.blog109.fc2.com/blog-entry-18109.html
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=90612&page=211
"I will close my eyes and let the darkness be the light that guides me through the path of chaos"

Call me the Jelly Factory. I'm the world's largest producer of jelly.
Aug 19, 2013 6:16 PM

Feb 2012
These two posts pretty much sum it all up:

"I will close my eyes and let the darkness be the light that guides me through the path of chaos"

Call me the Jelly Factory. I'm the world's largest producer of jelly.
Aug 19, 2013 7:47 PM

Jul 2012
This quote is apt:

"Remember when you hear stories of people nerd raging on the internet and you say to yourself, "LOL what a loser...go get a life".

Yeah."
Aug 19, 2013 7:50 PM

Nov 2012
Enjoyed it a lot, great characters and interesting story. Hope there will be a season 3 (though rather unlikely)
Aug 19, 2013 7:52 PM

Mar 2009
wow, wtf was with these three ep's.
\
Aug 19, 2013 8:16 PM

Sep 2011
Manami attacking Kirino was the highlight of the series for me! :D
Aug 19, 2013 8:48 PM
Oct 2011
10/10 ending. For the last 5 minutes 1/100. Fuck whoever wrote this. I'll marry kirino.
Pages (18) « First ... « 8 9 [10] 11 12 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai. Specials Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 17, 2013

115 by kagamiiin »»
May 6, 6:37 AM

Poll: » Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai. Specials Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 17, 2013

253 by kagamiiin »»
May 6, 5:57 AM

» The ending is not as sad as you think!!! PLEASE READ

White_Kotori - Jan 8, 2017

19 by Supderolc »»
Mar 24, 2023 7:36 PM

» Harem ending

removed-user - Dec 11, 2022

3 by Aref_Afkhami »»
Dec 12, 2022 1:41 PM

Poll: » Who do you want Kyousuke to end up with? ( 1 2 3 )

YamiNoOkami - Jul 6, 2013

121 by Shengud »»
Dec 19, 2021 2:51 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.