Forum Settings
Forums

New uploaded pictures not changing or switching back? (Profile picture, avatar, etc.)

New
Pages (37) « First ... « 19 20 [21] 22 23 » ... Last »
May 28, 2013 10:10 PM

May 2013
Was going to post about problems concerning avatar/sig etc, however this thread solved them very quickly. Thanks this thread is a great resource. :)
Bea is dead. In an alternate future she would've borne your son. In the future past of Space Quest 4, your son would've saved your life. But she didn't, so he couldn't -- therefore you aren't.
- Space Quest 5 death scene
May 29, 2013 11:57 AM

Apr 2013
My profile picture it takes a while but it actually change.. but the small pic when I comement doesn't change at all... It have never changed since the first pic I chose when I joined MAL ╥﹏╥
May 29, 2013 12:07 PM

Nov 2010
minorin said:
My profile picture it takes a while but it actually change.. but the small pic when I comement doesn't change at all... It have never changed since the first pic I chose when I joined MAL ╥﹏╥
Go to one of the pages where you can see the small pic, preferably a user who you commented's page. And then hard refresh, hold ctrl and press f5. That should update it.
Jun 8, 2013 12:19 AM

Jan 2013
Can't change profile pic. Tried changing the file from jpg to png and messing around with that but still doesn't change....
Jun 8, 2013 12:21 AM

Nov 2010
ibrahim2712 said:
Can't change profile pic. Tried changing the file from jpg to png and messing around with that but still doesn't change....
Who is it supposed to be? I see Guts. If it's supposed to be him then go to your profile and hard refresh a couple of times(hold ctrl and press f5).

If not then have you tried gif?
Jun 8, 2013 1:16 AM
Sep 2009
I have a problem with profile pics, too: when I click on "Upload picture" after choosing a new one, it drives me to this page:

"Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request."

So, if I could delete my old PP, I can't have another one...
Jun 8, 2013 5:57 AM

May 2012
yeah also waiting for weeks for my avtar to change
Jun 8, 2013 7:43 AM

Nov 2010
SylakentH_ said:
yeah also waiting for weeks for my avtar to change
IntroverTurtle said:
It's probably because it's the same extension your current pic is. Have you tried changing the extension? There's gif, png, and jpg, change it to one that the pic you're tying to upload isn't and one you haven't used in a while and it should change right away.
Jun 8, 2013 1:03 PM

Apr 2013
It's odd how some gifs change each other instantly but when it comes,I know that it sounds stupid,to come from the same anime,it doesnt change.For instance,I wanted to change my current avatar.
But if I want to change it with a different one it changes fast.Also it gives a particular error only on one gif,"500 internal server error" is the error and it happens only on the gif I want to upload.
FluffyFleshJun 8, 2013 1:07 PM
"Love is a drug to our brain , it stops the thinking function and when you realize it wether you acomplish it or not you'll enter in one of the 3 withdrawal states : happy , sad or anger. Once this drug gets hold of you you'd better be prepaired beforehand." - Me
Jun 9, 2013 12:23 AM

Aug 2011
Trit said:
I have a problem with profile pics, too: when I click on "Upload picture" after choosing a new one, it drives me to this page:

"Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request."

So, if I could delete my old PP, I can't have another one...

I'm having this problem as well. I hope it gets fixed as fast possible...
Jun 13, 2013 1:32 PM

Mar 2010
Woow ctrl + F5 worked! I just hope other people see the new profile picture too :o
Jun 13, 2013 1:34 PM

Nov 2010
Lylaaz said:
Woow ctrl + F5 worked! I just hope other people see the new profile picture too :o
If it's Sasha in the titan stomach, then yes I do see it.
Jun 13, 2013 2:06 PM

Apr 2013
My avatar wouldnt change even if I'd commit suicide,honestly.I hope I shall become a shinigami once I finish my seppuku.
"Love is a drug to our brain , it stops the thinking function and when you realize it wether you acomplish it or not you'll enter in one of the 3 withdrawal states : happy , sad or anger. Once this drug gets hold of you you'd better be prepaired beforehand." - Me
Jun 13, 2013 2:13 PM

Nov 2010
BloodyNightsky said:
My avatar wouldnt change even if I'd commit suicide,honestly.I hope I shall become a shinigami once I finish my seppuku.
Are you wanting to change it to another gif? Then it probably won't work. But if you haven't uploaded a png or jpg in a while then it should work quickly.
Jun 13, 2013 2:43 PM

Apr 2013
Now that I'm a shinigami I shall yell something I've waited a lifetime.
BAN....KAY!
On a serious note.The current avatar changed in an instant,the last avatar was also a gif.And gif picture act differently.One gif gives me an internal server error.
Jun 13, 2013 2:45 PM
Jul 2012
BloodyNightsky said:
Now that I'm a shinigami I shall yell something I've waited a lifetime.
BAN....KAY!
On a serious note.The current avatar changed in an instant,the last avatar was also a gif.And gif picture act differently.One gif gives me an internal server error.

I still see your Yoruichi gif.
Jun 16, 2013 8:10 PM

Aug 2012
I changed my profile pic a little while ago, and even though it shows up on my profile page the thumbnail on comments and stuff is still my old pic. Anyone had the same problem or know what's wrong?
[sigpic]http://imgur.com/nlE7DQO[/sigpic]
Jun 16, 2013 8:20 PM

Nov 2010
Cletus said:
I changed my profile pic a little while ago, and even though it shows up on my profile page the thumbnail on comments and stuff is still my old pic. Anyone had the same problem or know what's wrong?
You go to one of those pages where you can see your comments and you hard refresh(hold ctrl and press f5) a couple of times and it fixes it.
Jun 17, 2013 10:31 AM

Aug 2012
IntroverTurtle said:
Cletus said:
You go to one of those pages where you can see your comments and you hard refresh(hold ctrl and press f5) a couple of times and it fixes it.

Thanks a lot it works fine now
[sigpic]http://imgur.com/nlE7DQO[/sigpic]
Jun 19, 2013 1:09 AM
Sep 2009
Lylaaz said:

Not for me: I'm still unable to upload a new picture... I still have this screen when I click on "Upload picture":

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, root@localhost and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

-----
IntroverTurtle said:
It's probably because it's the same extension your current pic is. Have you tried changing the extension? There's gif, png, and jpg, change it to one that the pic you're tying to upload isn't and one you haven't used in a while and it should change right away.

All my PP are JPEGs. And why is the extension related to this bug?
Jun 19, 2013 7:57 AM

Nov 2010
Trit said:
IntroverTurtle said:

All my PP are JPEGs. And why is the extension related to this bug?
Well the whole reason why I never replied to you and left it to someone else is because I don't know how to fix what's happening to you. The changing of the extension is for people who can't theirs to change despite uploading a new one, not having an error like you while trying to upload, it seems like the server stores one of each extension of pic. So to get past it not changing, changing to an extension you haven't used in a long time usually fixes it.
You can go ahead and try that if you want or here's a thread about the same problem.
Jun 25, 2013 9:37 AM
GetsugaTENSHO

Jul 2012
My profile pic changed back to my old one strangely.
張大です for 張大勇督察
Jun 25, 2013 9:50 AM

Nov 2010
animefan3 said:
What is it supposed to be? I see the same character from Oni chichi that's in your forum avatar. Have you tried hard refreshing a couple of times? Hold ctrl and press f5.
Jun 25, 2013 10:10 AM
GetsugaTENSHO

Jul 2012
IntroverTurtle said:
animefan3 said:
What is it supposed to be? I see the same character from Oni chichi that's in your forum avatar. Have you tried hard refreshing a couple of times? Hold ctrl and press f5.
TY that worked =D
張大です for 張大勇督察
Jun 25, 2013 3:09 PM

Jul 2012
june 25 2013 and still not fixed this tread has been about 2004 -___-
m
Jun 25, 2013 3:15 PM

Nov 2010
animefan3 said:
IntroverTurtle said:
animefan3 said:
TY that worked =D
No problem.

TheGreenKnight said:
june 25 2013 and still not fixed this tread has been about 2004 -___-
Do you have anything to ask her or are you just whining about the problem? (and this thread was made in 2009) and we have methods that help people change their avatars fast. Profile pics and wallpaper have always been fast.
Jun 25, 2013 11:20 PM

Nov 2008
My forum avatar doesn't want to change.

I've tried ctrl + f5 and that didn't work. I also tried removing my avatar, yet oddly enough when I tried to upload the new avatar my old one just came back.
Jun 25, 2013 11:22 PM

Nov 2010
Higurashi said:

I've tried ctrl + f5 and that didn't work. I also tried removing my avatar, yet oddly enough when I tried to upload the new avatar my old one just came back.
Jun 25, 2013 11:24 PM

Nov 2008
IntroverTurtle said:
Higurashi said:

Thanks, that actually worked. I changed my picture to a .png file.
Jun 25, 2013 11:30 PM

Nov 2010
Higurashi said:
IntroverTurtle said:
Higurashi said:

Thanks, that actually worked. I changed my picture to a .png file.
No problem, but now you won't be able to change to a png for a while. It's best to know exactly what avatar you want to use for a while. If you want to change it again, gif would probably work, at least until jpg basically frees itself.
Jun 29, 2013 12:16 AM

Jan 2013
why doesn't my signature change?
Jun 29, 2013 12:19 AM

Nov 2010
ibrahim2712 said:
Delete cdn. from the code.
Jun 29, 2013 12:44 AM

Jan 2013
IntroverTurtle said:
ibrahim2712 said:

OMG THANK U SO MUCH YOU ARE AWESOME
Jun 29, 2013 8:58 AM

Dec 2007
This is the avatar I want to change to, which I'm really proud of and content with and want to use forever from now on:

I used all formats for various avatars ages ago except for one gif I just uploaded which I wasn't content at all with and I extremely regret I even wasted my important uploading chance because when I try to upload to all formats, they're taken. Here they are:

1. JPG

2. PNG

The current one I see since it's what I want it to be on MAL temporarily until it changes to what I want, not the others.

3. GIF

WHAT A MISTAKEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I tried everything, clearing caches and cookies, using 3 browsers, asking people if they see my new avatar and more and more... Nothing helps now. I'm truly in a Dead End.

This uploading problem is here for years now. If MAL can't fix it in the servers, why doesn't it allow to simply upload your avatar into another image uploading site and use it as your avatar like in many forums for it to change fast in here aswell?

53 pages of People talking about their avatar uploading problems. This makes my eyes go red from all these users pain.
DeadIEndJun 29, 2013 9:01 AM
Jun 29, 2013 9:20 AM

Nov 2010
DeadEnd201X said:
This uploading problem is here for years now. If MAL can't fix it in the servers, why doesn't it allow to simply upload your avatar into another image uploading site and use it as your avatar like in many forums for it to change fast in here aswell?

53 pages of People talking about their avatar uploading problems. This makes my eyes go red from all these users pain.
Because the rules would still apply. Right now this site by having you upload it can make you obey the height and width limit and the file size limit. NSFW ones will be reported. If they make it so you can just use another site, then there would be a lot more moderation for them since you can bypass all the limits.

Though most of these people's problems were solved by using a different extension.

Yours might be solved by removing your avatar, and leaving it like that for a couple of days. Then uploading one with the extension you haven't used in a long time. And then try uploading it ever day or so until it changes.

BTW I see one that's not on your post, it's the top pic of your profile pic.
Jun 29, 2013 10:02 AM

Dec 2007
IntroverTurtle said:
DeadEnd201X said:

Because the rules would still apply. Right now this site by having you upload it can make you obey the height and width limit and the file size limit. NSFW ones will be reported. If they make it so you can just use another site, then there would be a lot more moderation for them since you can bypass all the limits.

Though most of these people's problems were solved by using a different extension.

Yours might be solved by removing your avatar, and leaving it like that for a couple of days. Then uploading one with the extension you haven't used in a long time. And then try uploading it ever day or so until it changes.

BTW I see one that's not on your post, it's the top pic of your profile pic.

There's gotta be a solution for this particular annoying problem which is around 2009, I can even say it's nerve grating. Additionally, MAL seriously needs a server upgrade already because of the hundreds of thousands, even millions of users from all over the world who are using it and suffering from lags and various other bugs, glitches and various other countless problems.

I'll try removing my avatar, but Posting without my double waifu face for days? What am I in, a No-Fun Security Prison?

Oh man, I uploaded the pic you're talking about maybe 10 days ago and never saw it once, then decided to use it as my profile pic, I never wanted 2 of the same pictures used on the same site of the same character. Thanks for being my 'eye' in this subject.
MAL is also deceiving my eyes now? No excuses anymore, this has to be stopped. Somebody has to take action against this treachery and deceiving of my vision.

I'm exaggerating ofcourse, but this problem is really damn annoying and is getting on my nerves. What can be done already?
Jun 29, 2013 10:26 AM

Nov 2010
DeadEnd201X said:
There's gotta be a solution for this particular annoying problem which is around 2009, I can even say it's nerve grating. Additionally, MAL seriously needs a server upgrade already because of the hundreds of thousands, even millions of users from all over the world who are using it and suffering from lags and various other bugs, glitches and various other countless problems.

I'll try removing my avatar, but Posting without my double waifu face for days? What am I in, a No-Fun Security Prison?

Oh man, I uploaded the pic you're talking about maybe 10 days ago and never saw it once, then decided to use it as my profile pic, I never wanted 2 of the same pictures used on the same site of the same character. Thanks for being my 'eye' in this subject.
MAL is also deceiving my eyes now? No excuses anymore, this has to be stopped. Somebody has to take action against this treachery and deceiving of my vision.

I'm exaggerating ofcourse, but this problem is really damn annoying and is getting on my nerves. What can be done already?
Well I don't know if this problem has been here since 2009 or it's been recurring since 2009. But either way I agree.

This whole problem would have been avoided if you had picked the right picture for your waifu at the start. You'll have to do with only having her on your signature for a little while. Next time make sure to pick the best pic that you won't mind keeping for at least a couple of months.

Yeah I sometimes have an avatar from months ago pop up for five minutes or so. Xinil is the creator of the site. I think having people post 24/7 on his profile about this problem might give him a boost.

Nothing really, don't know how long it will stay. Don't even know if he plans on fixing it. All we have are these little tricks that can get it uploaded. Most of the time there's no real problem, but sometimes a person like you comes along that has already used all the extensions. You just have to wait a while, eventually it will go through. It's not a huge problem but it is inconvenient.
Jun 29, 2013 6:03 PM

Nov 2008
IntroverTurtle said:
ibrahim2712 said:

Thanks. I just recently decided to change my signature too and this helped me out.
Jun 29, 2013 6:15 PM

Nov 2010
Higurashi said:
IntroverTurtle said:
ibrahim2712 said:

Thanks. I just recently decided to change my signature too and this helped me out.
No problem.
Jun 30, 2013 9:22 AM

Apr 2013
Ok , so , I had it . I tryed to find out , on my own , why but I cant do anything . Everytime I try to upload one peculiar gif avatar , it gives me an "500 Internal Server Error" , it happens only with that gif file , it matches the requirements and it's even smaller than the current one...
Jul 3, 2013 7:36 PM

May 2013
I attempted to change my avatar, however after waiting over the approximate time for the avatar to appear, it just turns back into the previous one.
ポリスマンファック
Jul 3, 2013 7:43 PM

Nov 2010
MelGibson said:
I attempted to change my avatar, however after waiting over the approximate time for the avatar to appear, it just turns back into the previous one.
Have you tried a different extension? There's jpg, png, and gif, change it to one the pic you're trying to upload isn't. Like if the pic is a jpg, change it to a png and then try to upload it. If you haven't uploaded one of that extension in a while then it should change right away.
Jul 4, 2013 2:39 PM

May 2013
Thanks, I managed to change it now :3
ポリスマンファック
Jul 7, 2013 12:23 PM

Apr 2010
This is really helpful! I've been waiting for like 9 hours for my avatar to change- but it always kept going back to the old one!

I tried changing the format, and it worked. So it's not like I have a problem, I just want to express my gratitude <3

Thankies~

Edit : Actually the profile picture is a different story, it's refusing to change.
//Fixed : Opening the profile picture link in a new page and removing the cnd. then force refreshing fixed it <3
RuebyJul 7, 2013 2:27 PM
Jul 7, 2013 1:24 PM

Jul 2013
Oh, shit... I messed up the png avatar and now I'm stuck with 2 avatars I don't want to use. Fuck.
Jul 10, 2013 2:48 PM
May 2013
This is happening to me too. Whenever I try to upload a new avatar, or delete my old one and then attempt to upload a new one, it'll always revert back to my old avatar no matter what I do. I WANNA CHANGE MY AVATAR D:
Jul 11, 2013 5:27 AM
Jul 2013
What if I used all the formats and want to upload another pic? Will I have to wait?
Jul 11, 2013 7:32 AM

Nov 2010
Fitch said:
What if I used all the formats and want to upload another pic? Will I have to wait?
Basically, though with png or jpg, you might not have to wait long. I believe removing your avatar for like a day and then keep on trying to upload one and it could go through. There are some people that change their avatars once a week.
Jul 14, 2013 11:24 AM

Jul 2013
Not sure why,but when I post in the forums can't see my avatar pic it's just my name.
Any reason why?

"I'll put an end to this antiquated system... And from it a new one will be..."-Sasuke Uchia
Jul 14, 2013 11:26 AM

Nov 2010
Izanami-Otaku said:
Not sure why,but when I post in the forums can't see my avatar pic it's just my name.
Any reason why?
Did you upload a forum pic here? The forum avatar and profile pic is seperate.
Pages (37) « First ... « 19 20 [21] 22 23 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Sticky: » Club President Request Thread ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kineta - Aug 7, 2010

752 by Tensho »»
3 hours ago

» SAO admin detection

ShinoHarvest - Yesterday

1 by Luna »»
Today, 7:47 AM

» Gateway Timeout

Serafos - Jul 13

33 by IridescentJaune »»
Today, 7:15 AM

Sticky: » Inactive Username Request Thread ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kineta - Sep 21, 2015

3605 by RevengeTour »»
Yesterday, 9:09 PM

» How i do i recommend an anime ?

KoroSensei024 - Dec 4, 2020

11 by yn_Nn_Mn_Ln »»
Yesterday, 8:20 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.