Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jan 1, 2009 3:38 PM

Nov 2007
i haven't been following the manga so i didn't think it was so bad. i do hope for thrid season since VK is fun and cute. i guess i just what's as seriously into as some other fans.
Jan 1, 2009 6:36 PM

Feb 2008
well, i was unsatisfied with the fight too since Rido was supposed to be 'oh-so-powerful'. but VK being shoujo, it is hard to expect good action like those of shounen. on the other hand, i am elated with the yuukiXkaname ending! was kinda sad for zero too, but kaname does deserves yuuki after all that he has done for her. even though the original manga chapter was slightly altered but the ending had me rate this season 8/10 ^^

Jan 1, 2009 6:57 PM
Apr 2008
DizzyX said:
hmm, does anyone have any recommendations on where to start on the manga after this episode?

If you liked the plot then start from chapter 1, the anime did not capture any of the dramatic and exciting atmosphere from the manga.

If you just want to know what really happened after Kaname turned Yuuki back into a vampy or continue with the story, start from chapter 35. That's were the major differences start showing up between anime and manga.

I thought the anime was entirely flat especially the first season. I only liked the second season a little better was due to Vampire Yuuki. My thoughts on the last episode was, as a VK manga fan is quite similar to those above. Rido had a sucky ending with no fight at all. (pun not intended) And Bloody Rose did not seem quite a powerful. And what was up with Zero trying to kill himself now? Though as an anime watcher, I liked the fact that it gave a feel as that the characters were able to move on. And maybe the adventures of The Kurans and Co. Lol.
Jan 1, 2009 9:07 PM

Sep 2007
Wow...this totally sucked...finally glad I finished this series but it was so blah of an ending...at times it felt overly cliche for me...like "oh geez....like I didn't see THAT coming a mile away"
(and NO I've never read the manga so NO--I didn't know general flow of how things was going to play out beforehand)

Thank god I don't have to touch it any more.
(My avatar is an original creation-please don't take it)
Jan 1, 2009 9:18 PM

Jul 2008
Reminded me of Zero no Tsukaima's ending with the battle with that elf.

"Ancient magic! Ancient magic! Watch out!"
30 seconds later (mainly due to slow motion) the battle is over.

The season wasn't bad. It had its good and bad moments, as with most anime. Rather dull ending, with exception of Vampy Yuuki, but I'd come back for more if they offered it.
3/5 episode
7/10 season
Jan 1, 2009 10:14 PM

Jul 2007
1) Zero is dumb.

2) Kaname rocks!

3) I didn't get the feeling that

4) 5 second final battle. Come on, even if it's a shoujo, they can do better than that. Rido can kill a three-thousand year old pure-blood, but he

5) I need to read the rest of manga. Wouldn't mind a third season, or at least more of the manga. Wonder what her next project will be, if it ends soon.

6)
Jan 1, 2009 10:16 PM

Jul 2007
sakuko said:
Reminded me of Zero no Tsukaima's ending with the battle with that elf.

"Ancient magic! Ancient magic! Watch out!"
30 seconds later (mainly due to slow motion) the battle is over.

The season wasn't bad. It had its good and bad moments, as with most anime. Rather dull ending, with exception of Vampy Yuuki, but I'd come back for more if they offered it.
3/5 episode
7/10 season

Ugh, don't remind me of zero no tsukaima. Started off alright and got worse and worse with each season. Didn't even bother to finish the third one.
Jan 1, 2009 11:02 PM

Sep 2008
AoiMemori said:
WOW! i'm probably the only one that LOVED the episode o_O;

Nope, I did too xD

NolaDiorez said:
The best part?

Absolutely agreed! Yuuki x Kaname FTW! xD

There are also other good parts, like: Aidou vs. Ruka for who'd get to carry Kaname's suitcase (lol), Rima x Shiki moment (when she fed him was just adorable!), Kaien getting back from all-serious mode to whiny, overprotective daddy... xD

I liked the end, really! Although the whole Ridou thing should've been A LOT better... I was like WTF! THAT'S IT?! O.o But, oh well...

so haha =P

*^*Random Rant*^*
Jan 1, 2009 11:24 PM

Jul 2008
Probably would have been better if they had killed Zero. XP

Also, I have to agree with the "Yuuki x Kaname FTW" mentality.
Jan 1, 2009 11:43 PM

Jan 2008
talk about one of the worst endings ever. i was so disappointed i'm not even sure if i will watch another episode if they do anymore. i can't believe how they ended it. what were they thinking? how can they so drastically change the ending after they did a good job of following it? (it was good, imo) >,<

i just want to scream.

i'm going to re-read it to make myself feel better, dammit.

Jan 2, 2009 1:09 AM

Jul 2008
NoyaChan said:
What kind of an ending is this? x___X
Seemed very rushed.... Zero killed Rido in just one shot, there was no struggle... There wasn't as much tension between Zero and Yuuki as much as there was in the manga... And even though I'm a YuukixZero fan, I didnt like the fact she drank his blood. That really gave nothing compared to what happened in the manga, ahem.

Are they gonna make another season? I'm not sure I want one.

Could you give me a quick explanation on what happened in the manga?
Jan 2, 2009 2:53 AM

Mar 2008
LAME-NESS --filled w/ anticlimatic confusion and more LAME!! DX

Jan 2, 2009 3:28 AM

Jun 2008
in the end yuuki is still her useless self. i mean how many times did she wield artemis? despite that, i find the ending ok. it does resolve a few things neatly and i'm comfortable with the open ending bit w/ zero and ichijou.
Jan 2, 2009 4:20 AM

Nov 2007
This episode was seriously boring. What was with that 5 second fight? I mean, I know Zero was supposed to be the strongest but to kill Rido that fast??? Argh...

Plus, I hate Kaname. Why the hell did Yuuki go with Kaname? Poor Zero...

The only good thing was the Shiki x Rima. I love those two! I wonder what happened to Ichijou...

Znips: When Shay is born she just crawls back in the womb to shitpost for another year
Jan 2, 2009 5:31 AM

Apr 2008
JetSetLifeLove said:

and...didn't the author say we shouldn't route for kaname...that its zero we should want. i remember...i looked through the scond manga once...and she said somthing like "i hope the fans don't fall for kaname too much"

AHHHH!

when ?? didn't read that at all !!
can you tell us from where did U read this ??

cuz zero is the one who appears more than kaname , that's why I think falling
for him to much is high than kaname !!!

and I hope what you say isn't right .. cuz I am a kaname fan .
Royal_AzureJan 2, 2009 5:35 AM

Arigatou Gozaimasuu Violetto San <3

Jan 2, 2009 5:37 AM

Jan 2008
Definitely a bad ending.
And the whole fight scene with Ridou was just pathetic.
I've seen better battles than that.
I'm sure it got an awfully low score 'cause of that. >.<
Jan 2, 2009 7:57 AM
Nov 2008
Perposterone said:
Could you give me a quick explanation on what happened in the manga?

lonehunter88 said:
reference to manga
Jan 2, 2009 8:04 AM

Mar 2008
best couple was Shiki and Rima ..
well overall the series was below average to me.

MAL list updates
Jan 2, 2009 11:17 AM

Jul 2007
what the hell happened to Ichijou?? he just disappeared T_T
Jan 2, 2009 11:36 AM

Jun 2008
The ending sucks really >.< i think it´s not a real ending for this anime and i hope they make a third season. I hoped for Yuuki x Zero but...>.>
Jan 2, 2009 11:53 AM

Oct 2008
I don't think the ending was as bad as what many made it seem. Their only source of materia was the manga and the manga was dragged hence the ending wasn't satisfying to some.
Jan 2, 2009 1:12 PM
Jun 2008
oh the reason for my extreme dissatisfaction with this **** anime is because the main battle the one that was hyped up for 2 F'ing seasons lasted about as long as Andy Samberg when Molly Sims was touching his butt.

That and the rest was pointless angst. The manga ending wasn't that good but as far as manga battles can go (read: static drawn images arent exciting) it still somehow managed to be much more interesting than the anime fight with ridou.

I mean if the mangas battle scenes are better than the anime, then something is rotten in denmark.

The studio who made this gets really low marks for me.

Well the whole ending sucked in the manga too... If zero was going to kill all purebloods what better time to start than right now with Kaname. I mean I can understand why he didn't kill yuki although he claims he wants to. But there is no reason not to kill Kaname and he almost does in the manga before yuki jumps in front of him. Personally if he was going to claim to kill yuki later he probably should and could have killed them both right then. Why wait?

Also the fact that he wants to kill yuki seems idiotic anyway, its obvious hes in love with her. The author did a terrible job at the ending. If there is more then I doubt I will read/watch it after this idiotic of an ending to s2/ch46
Dont be a chitogetard!!!!
Jan 2, 2009 7:43 PM

Jan 2008
whatever happened to zero-yuuki kiss and kaname-yuuki kiss... they left out what probably will make the kaname fan and zero fan squeal
MY SIGNATURE

Jan 2, 2009 10:39 PM

Jul 2008
Rebella said:
I don't think the ending was as bad as what many made it seem. Their only source of materia was the manga and the manga was dragged hence the ending wasn't satisfying to some.

True. I agree. I never read the manga, but I felt the ending that the anime tried to create was done well. I mean I liked it when Yuuki left the school telling that she will always be waiting for Zero.
Jan 3, 2009 2:36 AM

Dec 2008
An okay ending, not what I expected (lol actually not what MOST OF US expected, but it was okay...). Not as much battles, or even character development compared to the manga though, and pretty much confusing to me for some areas... No kiss? No battle? Where is Ichijou (Even though I know what happened from the manga, they could at least tell us... unless they imply a third season...), Why the drastic change? etc, etc... All I can say is that although it is not what I expected and was not good, but it was not bad either (more-so okay, as I said several times above lol).
Jan 3, 2009 6:31 AM

Jul 2008
Really didn't like how quickly Zero just destroyed Rido...was quite an awesome fight in the manga.

But if I look at this episode without regards to the manga (excluding the fight) I quite liked it ^^
Hanabusa was such a cutie, but I felt awful for Zero when he was saying how he would give his whole life to her =/ In a way I'm glad they missed out the kiss between Zero and Yuuki, I felt that Yuuki drinking his blood was far more intimate between them, as she saw EXACTLY how Zero feels...
But is it just me who finds the relationship between Kaname and Yuuki extremely odd O_o? They don't act 'in love' as such?

Overall, as a stand-alone from the manga it was very good, though of course would have been better if they had followed the original plot.

And I confess to tears at the end with Zero's flashback -hugs him-
Jan 3, 2009 10:41 AM

Aug 2008
So we spend a whole season setting up Rido as this ultimate evil, and he ends up dying in the first minute of the episode? And then we have Zero vow to kill Yuuki? I'm sorry, but why? And what is Zero now? Is he still a vampire? Is he some super hunter? Is he both? Why doesn't he want to kill himself/die all of a sudden? Ridiculous. I thought the first season was bland, but this was just terrible. 3 for me.
Jan 3, 2009 12:51 PM

Jan 2008
two seasons of waiting and this is the final product. how disappointing. and i was wondering the same thing as noteDhero about Zero, wtf is up with him? and like most people said that final battle was such a let down. yet another show with great potential down the drain.
Jan 3, 2009 1:22 PM

Jul 2008
This sucked. I was about to give this series a 10, before the last 2 episodes. They were way too quick on things, especially Rido just died too fast and easily. Dropped it to an 8 because this .. Guess I'll have to continue on reading the manga now, to get my good feeling about this series back. xD
Jan 3, 2009 4:31 PM

Dec 2007
trainwreck with the last 2 episodes it was fucking following the manga then the asshat writers thought it be funny creating an alternate ending. bunch of assholes
Jan 3, 2009 4:51 PM
Mar 2008
WTF !!!

If any kind of girl I hated the most is the kind like Yuuki, who thinks to care, love, and protect but actually hurting others. She thinks she can keep all people happy but in truth she makes others feel deeply in pain.

This series is great, but I just can't hold myself to hate this last episode. Poor Zero !!
Jan 3, 2009 6:07 PM
Jul 2018
Wow, reading the previous comments, have any of you actually ever watched another anime before??

So many bad comments haha. I don't see what was bad about this ending... The ending was as good as the rest of the show, It delivered what needed to be delivered. It was sad, a little bit touching... so what if the battle was over fast? And most animes have open endings like this anyway, with no solid conclusion...

I'm so tired of hearing for every anime series the same comments 'the manga was ... blablabla' who cares about the manga if you're watching the anime. I think it's boring when a series completely reflects the manga... I mean, If I read the manga I don't want to sit through a 26 episode recap of what i just read... Its nice to change things up a little bit, ne.

Overall, the series was decent, the ending was decent. It's everything I expected it to be.
removed-userJan 3, 2009 6:14 PM
Jan 3, 2009 6:34 PM
Apr 2008
honestly i hated it . i havnt read the manga so i cant compare
but i liked zero i hated kaname simple as .
zero got used and made to look like the biggest Biatch in the end
bad ending lower rating
long live zero

kanam X yuuki die
Jan 3, 2009 9:35 PM

Jul 2008
Bah, that was crap.

I'll be generous and give this a 6/10. One point better than the first season.
Jan 3, 2009 9:43 PM

Jun 2008
hmmm.. will there be another season? what will happen to zero and yuki???
Jan 3, 2009 10:44 PM

Jan 2008
Hmm..quite different ending or the manga will follow that. It's open ended actually. I kinda don't like the Yuuki thought for Zero even though she's with Kaname already but oh well, it's business and they would like to serve their fans for Zero x Yuuki pairing as well, and quite realitic (?...I don't wanna think about that anymore).

Some enjoyments in this ep as well from the recent eps, the funny presence of Aidou and the hotness of the chairman, Cross. :3
Jan 3, 2009 11:08 PM
Mar 2008
It was too quick, too boring, one shot and Rido died. They made such a big deal out of him and it's over just like that.

I absolutely hate the fact that Yuuki seems to have feelings for Zero BUT SHE'S WITH KANAME CAUSE SHE FEELS LIK SHE OWES HIM. GOD WTF. Sure he's been waiting for 10 years but she has her own choice. Zero's always been there for her as a human and she grew up with him for most of her life.

I'm very disappointed with the ending; however I can't judge it because of who Yuuki ends up with, I guess. It still was not a good episode, nothing was "FINAL"'d... very sad.

There had better be a next season. I hope Yuuki dies and Zero finds someone awesome, cause Zero deserves way more than this. -_-

./endrant
Jan 4, 2009 1:56 AM

Jun 2007
My thoughts on this ending.

1) Ichijou may be alive and may reform the council of elders. I think thats what Shiki was hinting at when he said "If I bring him his sword I might get something in return". Shiki might get a position in the new council of elders.

2) Yuki clearly has not figured out who she wants to be with. You can see from her flash backs and the way she talks to Kaname that she feels guilty for everything she's unintentionally done to him while memoryless. I think thats one of the reasons why she decided to follow him in the end. She wants to comfort him at least for a while. After she saw Zero's memory's it seems clear she's conflicted on what to do.

3) Zero is now a super human which is cool but at the same time weird. Does he require blood like a vampire? I assume so if not then he truly is something special.

4) Some of Kaname's "pieces" left the party. I wonder what their intentions will be in the future. Will they become enemy's or will they continue to support Kaname from the shadows?

5) Rido was truly weak and it seems the only reason why no one killed him was because he was the eldest Vampire thus all the others couldn't appose him regardless of how weak he was. Zero was their tool in order to kill him it seems. Thats why the battle ended so fast. It wasn't because Zero become more powerful then the other pure blooded vampires, it was because Rido was just a weak SOB.

6) Looks like it would be hard making a 3rd season. I haven't read the manga so I don't know how much it diverged from the story, but the way this ended only leaves a few paths that could be taken for a season 3 and none of them seem as interesting in my opinion. The most obvious would be to just introduce a new enemy for Kaname and crew to deal with. Another would be to show Zero hunting Yuki down after a time skip, which would be interesting but not really action packed or original.

Anyway I liked both seasons but I did find the first to be better. This season felt to out of place and inconsistent when it came to the story telling. One day yuki has short hair and shes a human...the next she has long hair, a vampire, and is hunting down Rido lol.
Jan 4, 2009 3:32 AM

Mar 2008
i was surprised to see that they actually followed the latest chapter but screw with the ending..
Rido was powerful in the manga, and in the anime there was Zero shot one bullet and BAM! Rido is dead... that was crap.. i dont agree with the kiss... Yuuki drank Zero and felt the love he had for her, but also felt the feeling that was telling him to kill her...

people remember theres going to be annother part to the manga.. and thats probly when Zero is hunting them down... anyways i wonder where the manga will go..

and theres no season 3.. unless the 2nd part of the manga comes out..
but i dont know i didnt liked Guilty... as much as it was great seeing it animated.. i seriously liked the 1 season better, even though that was painful to watch..

but i think overall it was alright..
No matter how many breaths that you took, you still couldn't breath.
Jan 4, 2009 4:40 AM

Nov 2008
The last episode was disappointing, it's not what I had expected. Rido was defeated in matter of seconds like some filthy level E. WTF? He was a pureblood!
And Yuki? When she will finally make up her mind? It's clear that she has no idea whom she truly loves.
I wonder what happened to Takuma, did he survive? I hope so... I liked the last scene with Shiki and Rima, it was cool ^^
leoneri said:

If any kind of girl I hated the most is the kind like Yuuki.

Totally agree!
Previous username: LadyNikki
Jan 4, 2009 10:03 AM

Jul 2008
a good series for me ...
and i give it 8/10 ...
1 score less than the first season, 9/10 ...

yes, the battle is a little disappointing ...
and there are too much flashback this season ...
but totally, i still like it and i hope there will be a 3rd season ...

the scene Yuuki holds the students is very touching ^^
Vampy Yuuki FTW
all about moe ^^
Jan 4, 2009 1:53 PM

Jan 2008
syaaj said:
Lmao the ending was kinda gay.... dangit why do some authors have the worst endings??? I wonder if Zero is gunna kill him self...i mean he pulled a gun at the ending out then it stopped there. Lmao they finished Vampire Knight in a weird way..... the manga is better..Well i hope they dont screw up the manga too lol

The reason he took out the gun was because he knows there will come a day when he will have to kill Yuki and Yuki knows this too, which is why she said I'll be waiting. They are both waiting for the moment they see each other once again, even if it does mean the end of her life.

Anyway, besides the fight that lasted about a minute...I didn't mind this episode, I found it pretty interesting, it leaves the series open to more things and it was very conclusive for the most part. Although now Yuki's friend is all alone and so is Zero...Even if Yuki left with Kaname I still think they hinted on that she loves Zero, she only went with back to Kaname because both she and Zero realize they are from separate worlds, but it doesn't mean she doesn't love him. I also enjoyed the conclusion with the rest of the night class, it was really sweet. I liked the sequel to Vampire Knight much more than the first season 7/10
Jan 4, 2009 6:06 PM

Aug 2008
I really did not like of the End! The Zero was manipulated by the Kaname since the beginning and was therefore? E that flock of vampires only knows to follow Kaname and nothing more? They seem dogs!! I did not like! Seems that the author only if worried in protecting its loved Kaname!
Jan 5, 2009 5:20 AM
Aug 2008
I really liked this season!! Yes, the first season was better, but... I liked the ZeroxYuukixKaname triangle!! i hope a third season >///< xD
Jan 5, 2009 3:48 PM

Aug 2008
I'm so disappointed! Vampire knight started so well and then went down and down.
They changed so much of the feelings and characters in the manga that it does not seem the same anymore!
Really, if you really are interested in Vampire Knight you shoud read the manga, because there are so much more feelings that come out and the situations will not look the same to you. The actions of the characters have so much more meaning.
They made the carachters sound so stupid and conventional in the last episodes, when the manga is so special and unique.

Knowing how awesome the manga is, i'm just so disappointed how it was wasted.
Jan 6, 2009 3:13 AM

Jan 2009
Well, I would've liked it better if they changed it a bit. But then, I can't say that it was a good ending. :( I wanted Yuki to end up with Zero more because they looked soo better... :(
Jan 6, 2009 10:11 AM

Jun 2007
lol Rido's death was quick

I wasnt expecting an awesome finale so 6/10 Just as planned...

from the beginning xD
Jan 6, 2009 11:24 AM

Feb 2008
lonehunter88 said:
wat the heck was that??? becoz of this episode, i've lowered the rating to 7
this is sooooo disappointing.. it was a very very bad ending..
the bastard didn't even last 1 minute and not even 5 secs in front of zero, for goodness' sake.. i can't even come to think that it's really the Rido who took away Haruka and Juri's firstborn and also killed Haruka..
they chose to focus on the mushy mushy and very annoying slow-paced yuuki harems than the battles..

reference to manga

I agree 100% with everything you've said. I too also lowered my rating for this season because of this terrible last episode. They could have done SO MUCH with this finale, and instead, they just bombed! I actually found myself wanting the episode to be over and done with because I was so disappointed.
Jan 6, 2009 11:50 AM

Aug 2007
I loved how she didn't choose Kaname. I sit here and snicker and wonder how almost all of you think she choose him.

Sure, she went with him. But how many times did she tell Kaname that she was going with him because she owed it to him? Basically, she felt it was an obligation. He is no longer just her Sempai, but a brother that she had long ago forgot.

Then there was her interactions with Zero. Can we say tension? They were threatening to kill each other, in probably the sexiest way possible. Yuuki took his blood, and realized his feelings for her. He promised he would come for her (to "kill" her) and she readily accepted. In the end, he wasn't holding the gun because he was going to use it on himself (that would make absolutely no sense. People who think that didn't pay attention enough) but in anticipation for finding her again :)

I thought it was a nice ending. Bitersweet, and clearly demanding something else to happen. Its a great ending to a season, but not a series.

and btw, I am a YuukixKaname fan :)

Jan 6, 2009 6:32 PM

Feb 2008
Wow, what a bad ending
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Vampire Knight Guilty Episode 12 Discussion

lonehunter88 - Dec 22, 2008

46 by almightybismarck »»
Feb 7, 8:59 PM

Poll: » Vampire Knight Guilty Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Kuemauricebackup - Dec 16, 2008

56 by almightybismarck »»
Feb 7, 8:17 PM

Poll: » Vampire Knight Guilty Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

lolz123 - Dec 10, 2008

50 by almightybismarck »»
Feb 1, 3:30 AM

Poll: » Vampire Knight Guilty Episode 9 Discussion

Kuemauricebackup - Dec 1, 2008

45 by almightybismarck »»
Jan 27, 10:43 PM

Poll: » Vampire Knight Guilty Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Rie - Nov 24, 2008

73 by almightybismarck »»
Jan 27, 8:05 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.