Forum Settings
Forums

Yuri Manga 'Sakura Trick' to get TV Anime Adaptation (Confirmed to Air Winter 2014)

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Aug 12, 2013 5:13 AM

Oct 2008
symbv said:
HATUL300 said:
It doesn't matter what the synopsis says their age is.. they still look 12. Just like some 14 year old's in anime look like they're at least 17/18 (like in NGE).
If this is just a light yuri/shoujo ai/whatever with just cute kisses, then I might watch it. if it's more than that, I'm definitely not.
Yeah, if you don't like characters who look like 12 perhaps you should just skip much of the anime these days, particularly if even NGE gives you the feel that the characters are underaged.

Did you even read my post? I don't mind 12 year old looking characters. I just don't want to see them have sex. And it's the exact opposite of what you said, I actually don't feel that Rei and Asuka are underage, because they don't look like they are.. I wouldn't mind seeing a yuri with those two (and with Misato joining them, lol).
Aug 12, 2013 5:20 AM

Sep 2012
HATUL300 said:
Did you even read my post? I don't mind 12 year old looking characters. I just don't want to see them have sex. And it's the exact opposite of what you said, I actually don't feel that Rei and Asuka are underage, because they don't look like they are.. I wouldn't mind seeing a yuri with those two (and with Misato joining them, lol).
Yeah, I read your post which is why I wrote the reply. My point is, if you mind character looking like 12 year old (to you) doing things that is not a problem for 17 year old, then you should just skip much of the anime. And perhaps you should have just written your post clearer as I do not see why 17 year old character looking 12 is "just like" 14 year old looking 17/18 and what the point you are trying to make, at least not until you wrote your last post.
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Aug 12, 2013 5:26 AM

Sep 2012
^^^ That isn't a new key visual BTW, just the top half of manga volume 2's cover:

IMG_6847 by hpulley, on Flickr
Aug 12, 2013 5:29 AM

Oct 2008
symbv said:
HATUL300 said:
Yeah, I read your post which is why I wrote the reply. My point is, if you mind character looking like 12 year old (to you) doing things that is not a problem for 17 year old, then you should just skip much of the anime. And perhaps you should have just written your post clearer as I do not see why 17 year old character looking 12 is "just like" 14 year old looking 17/18 and what the point you are trying to make, at least not until you wrote your last post.

How many anime contain underage looking girls/boys having sexual relations (and I'm talking beyond a few kisses here and there)? How many anime am I missing by skipping those? Very few.
That's all I was talking about.
Aug 12, 2013 5:36 AM
Apr 2013
I like the designs I see and a full-fledged Yuri series that isn't hentai is always a plus. I'm looking forward to it :D

But dat 1-2 year wait D:
FreqnAug 12, 2013 5:40 AM
Aug 12, 2013 5:40 AM

Sep 2012
HATUL300 said:
How many anime contain underage looking girls/boys having sexual relations (and I'm talking beyond a few kisses here and there)? How many anime am I missing by skipping those? Very few.
As jmal said, it depends on what you define as "sexual relationship". If you think kissing counts, and you have problem with 17 year old looking 12 (to you, not to me though) and doing that, then you should just avoid it like plague. But since you mentioned "beyond a few kisses here and there", then I wonder why you think this manga goes beyond a few kisses here and there.

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Aug 12, 2013 5:49 AM

Oct 2008
symbv said:
HATUL300 said:
, then I wonder why you think this manga goes beyond a few kisses here and there.

Because it's tagged "yuri" and people say it's full blown.
Aug 12, 2013 5:55 AM

Sep 2012
Kisses... and a little more.
But as said above, it is not hentai... and they are high school students. Full blown yuri as in actual girls having relationships with one another, not just kidding around.
Aug 12, 2013 2:10 PM

Sep 2009
Not a bad staff.
Aug 14, 2013 1:18 PM

Sep 2012
Aug 14, 2013 5:31 PM
Sep 2012
My body is ready.
Aug 14, 2013 6:34 PM

Jul 2013
Your bodies may be ready, but are your hearts~? <3 <3

"Yuri is the purest form of love" :3
NYANPASU~!
Aug 14, 2013 8:50 PM

Mar 2012
If I was really rich, I would personally fund an adaptation of Prism. That yuri love is the purest.
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
Aug 15, 2013 12:31 AM

Sep 2011
I've only read up to chapter 4, but I swear...

Nonetheless, I don't think they'll go beyond passionate kissing and those subtle "accidents" (falling on each other, I don't know if this happens, but an example in general would be boob groping).
Aug 15, 2013 5:30 AM

Sep 2012
Mikajou said:
I've only read up to chapter 4, but I swear...
Actually I expect such scene to happen in every episode in this anime series.

Aug 16, 2013 8:35 AM

Mar 2013
I'm not really a Yuri fan myself, but for the sake of change, I might just check the series out when they start airing. :)
Aug 16, 2013 8:44 AM

Nov 2008
My heart will never be ready, this may top Kinmoza, Papakiki, and Sister princess in heart melting situations.

Sep 1, 2013 6:48 PM

Apr 2013
I will probably look like a complete idiot but google did not help me at all...
By Winter it means the start of 2014 or the end of 2014?
I still didn't get this seasons thingy for airing stuff...
Sep 1, 2013 6:57 PM
Aug 2013
qb_cakes said:

Winter 2014 I think.
Sep 1, 2013 7:06 PM

Apr 2013
GoldenthunderBRS said:
qb_cakes said:

Winter 2014 I think.
Yes.. what I don't understand is when is "Winter 2014"?
Google told me winter is the last japanese season of the year, which extends from December to February, so I don't know wheter it's going to start in December 2014 or January/February 2014...
Sep 1, 2013 7:08 PM
Aug 2013
qb_cakes said:
GoldenthunderBRS said:
qb_cakes said:

Winter 2014 I think.
Google told me winter is the last japanese season of the year, which extends from December to February, so I don't know wheter it's going to start in December 2014 or January/February 2014...

Don't know what Japanese month December spot is, but most likely December will be January 2014, so that maybe it will catch up the same season we in right now.
Sep 1, 2013 7:10 PM

Apr 2013
GoldenthunderBRS said:
qb_cakes said:
GoldenthunderBRS said:
qb_cakes said:

Winter 2014 I think.

Don't know what Japanese month December spot is, but most likely December will be January 2014, so that maybe it will catch up the same season we in right now.
I see.. thanks.
Sep 13, 2013 1:40 AM

Sep 2012
Main cast announced !!

Takayama Haruka - Tomatsu Haruka

Sonoda Yuu - Iguchi Yuka

http://blog-imgs-61.fc2.com/y/a/r/yaraon/noUF4RZrBa.jpg
symbvSep 13, 2013 8:28 AM

Sep 13, 2013 1:59 AM

Mar 2013
symbv said:
Main cast announced !!

Sonoda Yuu - Iguchi Yuuka

ohh goosshhhhh... i can't stop smiling.. XD XD XD
Sep 13, 2013 3:10 AM

Sep 2012
symbv said:
Main cast announced !!

Sonoda Yuu - Iguchi Yuuka

Wonderful cast so far, can't wait! I hope they do a theme song or two as well.

BTW, MAL spells her name with just one 'u':
http://myanimelist.net/people/885/Yuka_Iguchi
Sep 13, 2013 3:14 AM

Sep 2012
hpulley said:
[BTW, MAL spells her name with just one 'u':
I know, but I prefer an exact transliteration from Japanese. Her name is ゆうか so it should be Yuuka not Yuka but a lot of English transliteration skimps on this detail and I don't agree with such practice (though I won't call those who cuts out the 'u' as wrong either).

MAL is pretty inconsistent on this though. Sometimes you see the 'u' included but sometimes you don't. I prefer being consistent (and exact too).

Sep 13, 2013 3:23 AM

Sep 2012
symbv said:
hpulley said:
BTW, MAL spells her name with just one 'u':
I know, but I prefer an exact transliteration from Japanese. Her name is ゆうか so it should be Yuuka not Yuka but a lot of English transliteration skimps on this detail and I don't agree with such practice (though I won't call those who cuts out the 'u' as wrong either).

MAL is pretty inconsistent on this though. Sometimes you see the 'u' included but sometimes you don't. I prefer being consistent (and exact too).
Agreed, just for people who are looking her up, MAL's search is too strict and won't find her if you look for Yuuka... sigh.
Sep 13, 2013 3:30 AM

Sep 2012
^ They should always try not to search with full name but be flexible and use criteria like using just the first name or just the last name. You know, I need to search the MAL entry for people's names all the time for my news post and I never use the full name because I never know whether the 'u' is used or not in the MAL database.

Sep 13, 2013 3:38 AM

Sep 2012
MAL should help us but I digress... Back to our regularly scheduled...

I can't wait to hear Yuuka and Haruka making kissing sounds!
Sep 13, 2013 6:51 AM

Sep 2011
Good cast. Kinda funny how close the seiyuu first names are to their characters.
Sep 13, 2013 8:14 AM

Sep 2012
jmal said:
symbv said:
hpulley said:

While skimping on long vowels in romanization is indeed a bad habit of some English websites, in this case MAL (which is usually pretty great with romanization and names compared to the annoying practices of Wiki and ANN) is correct. Her name is Iguchi Yuka 井口 裕香 (いぐち ゆか)

Source: Her agency profile at http://osawa-inc.co.jp/infos/index/00018, also her Japanese Wikipedia page gives the same reading. I often have to remind myself it's not a long vowel as well. Long vowels are so common in names.

Also fuck yeah Iguchi and Harukas making out.

It is an easy mistake to make, I am so used to reading it as ゆう like in 余裕 (よゆう). But as 裕香it seems that ゆか is indeed the correct reading. Which is why you need to give people business cards in Japan so they know how the heck to pronounce their names...

I may need to suggest to them that event footage of Haruka and Iguchi making out would help sell discs!
Sep 13, 2013 8:26 AM

Sep 2012
Cool. Learned something new about another eccentricity in Japanese name pronunciation. Thing is both Yuka and Yuuka can be correct - the actress 本多裕香 for example is Honda Yuuka. No wonder even Japanese told me they pronounce people's name wrong all the time. Corrected the initial post now.
symbvSep 13, 2013 8:36 AM

Sep 13, 2013 8:29 AM

Nov 2008
hpulley said:
jmal said:
symbv said:
hpulley said:

While skimping on long vowels in romanization is indeed a bad habit of some English websites, in this case MAL (which is usually pretty great with romanization and names compared to the annoying practices of Wiki and ANN) is correct. Her name is Iguchi Yuka 井口 裕香 (いぐち ゆか)

Source: Her agency profile at http://osawa-inc.co.jp/infos/index/00018, also her Japanese Wikipedia page gives the same reading. I often have to remind myself it's not a long vowel as well. Long vowels are so common in names.

Also fuck yeah Iguchi and Harukas making out.

It is an easy mistake to make, I am so used to reading it as ゆう like in 余裕 (よゆう). But as 裕香it seems that ゆか is indeed the correct reading. Which is why you need to give people business cards in Japan so they know how the heck to pronounce their names...

I may need to suggest to them that event footage of Haruka and Iguchi making out would help sell discs!

Do it for the yuri fans.

Sep 13, 2013 8:43 AM
Nov 2012
Awesome news!
Sep 13, 2013 1:10 PM

Apr 2008
How many chapter in the manga are there really?
I've read 2 chapters. And a chapter 0.

Looking forward to watching the anime.

Sep 13, 2013 1:28 PM

Sep 2012
Des said:
How many chapter in the manga are there really?
I've read 2 chapters. And a chapter 0.

Looking forward to watching the anime.
I have the two tankobons and they have quite a few chapters, I will have to go home and check the actual number but 120 pages per volume anyway. 2nd one came out in February so there have been a few months worth of monthly chapters as well.
Sep 14, 2013 2:59 AM

Mar 2013
Sep 16, 2013 6:41 PM

Sep 2012
Each volume seems to be 9 chapters but they are not numbered, I can only tell from the number of months it was published and there seems to be a half page picture at the start of each chapter but lacking numbers or titles and not having constant numbers of pages per chapter it is really hard to tell where they begin and end but for the larger pictures. Just kind of flows... like two girls into each others' embrace...

There have been more chapters written since as the last one was July 2012 - March, 9 2013 chapters. So there should be another 9 chapters to make up book 3 coming out just before the anime starts in January which makes sense.
Sep 17, 2013 7:55 AM

Oct 2011
Anyone knows if the raws for the first two volumes are anywhere on the internet? I never seem to be able to find those...

~edit: okay, found volume 1 on nyaa, still no luck for the second one though.
crevetteSep 17, 2013 1:34 PM
Oct 13, 2013 8:17 AM

Mar 2013
additional cast for supporting role

Kotone Noda - Aisaka Yuuta (Chronos Materia game)
Shizuku Minami - Hiromi Igarashi (Problem Children's Rin Rassel)
Kaede Ikeno - Mai Fuchigami (Girls und Panzer's Miho)
Yuzu Iizuka - Megumi Toda
deezet34Oct 13, 2013 8:33 AM
Oct 13, 2013 8:22 AM

Nov 2008
deezet34 said:

Shizuku Minami - Hiromo Igarashi (Problem Children's Rin Rassel)

I like the cast not sure on Yuuta Aisaka since Chronos Materia hasn't been released yet, and I think you mean Hiromi Igarashi.

Oct 13, 2013 8:30 AM

Mar 2013
Hoppy said:
deezet34 said:

Shizuku Minami - Hiromo Igarashi (Problem Children's Rin Rassel)

I like the cast not sure on Yuuta Aisaka since Chronos Materia hasn't been released yet, and I think you mean Hiromi Igarashi.

yuppp, it's hiromi, not hiromo.. sory it's atypo..
i'll fix it.. :D
Oct 13, 2013 9:43 AM
Jul 2013
Hmmm.... I'm happy that this is approved!

Now if you excuse me... ehem...
Oct 14, 2013 6:46 AM

Sep 2012
deezet34 said:

Since GirlPan Fuchigami is really getting key roles in anime after anime, Doki Precure, Aoki Hagane and now this!

Oct 14, 2013 7:24 AM

Sep 2012
symbv said:
deezet34 said:

Since GirlPan Fuchigami is really getting key roles in anime after anime, Doki Precure, Aoki Hagane and now this!
Don't forget the loli queen Petrarca Ann Erudanto III in Outbreak company this season! Quite a fun role for her.
Oct 14, 2013 7:29 AM

Sep 2012
^ Indeed ! Read that she decided to be a seiyuu after watching a Mizuki Nana DVD. Amazing. I guess sooner or later she will voice-act on the same stage as Mizuki Nana...

Oct 14, 2013 7:37 AM

Sep 2012
symbv said:
^ Indeed ! Read that she decided to be a seiyuu after watching a Mizuki Nana DVD. Amazing. I guess sooner or later she will voice-act on the same stage as Mizuki Nana...
Has toget herself a character in Symphogear Strikers LOL
Oct 19, 2013 12:10 PM

Sep 2012
New key visual. Now I am really hyped...

http://blog-imgs-61.fc2.com/y/a/r/yaraon/large__201310200026192fe.jpg

Oct 19, 2013 1:17 PM

Jun 2012
symbv said:
New key visual. Now I am really hyped...

http://blog-imgs-61.fc2.com/y/a/r/yaraon/large__201310200026192fe.jpg

That is an awesome key visual! I hope this show has full episodes.
Check out the News Club for daily rankings, discussion on future CD and BD releases, manga and novels. New members are welcome!
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

» Shaft Produces 'Virgin Punk' Original Anime Series

Vindstot - Sep 16

22 by RenaPsychoKiller »»
42 minutes ago

» Fall 2024 Preview

Snow - Sep 21

12 by _MushiRock11_ »»
1 hour ago

» 'Sousou no Frieren' Gets Second Season ( 1 2 )

Vindstot - 9 hours ago

65 by oooo3333 »»
1 hour ago

» Singer-Songwriter Sayuri Dies at 28 ( 1 2 )

Vindstot - Sep 26

88 by Godslayer27 »»
2 hours ago

» 'Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken' Receives Fourth Season, Second Movie

Vindstot - Yesterday

4 by Mavuika »»
9 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.