Forums
New
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Apr 8, 2014 3:09 PM

May 2012
xAngelPerz said:
RafaelDeJongh said:
There seems to be something wrong with the mal_cs_otherlinks, it worked fine yesterday. Anyone knows what's up?

I thought that was my mistake when I was editing something, I'm glad that I'm not the only one. I hope they give us an answer.

It seems to be more an overall MAL problem as the episode discussion overlay is broken as well (html/php wise as the div doesn't hold any data at all)

But yea let's see if someone knows an actual answer on this problem.
Apr 8, 2014 10:46 PM

Apr 2014
RafaelDeJongh said:
xAngelPerz said:
RafaelDeJongh said:
There seems to be something wrong with the mal_cs_otherlinks, it worked fine yesterday. Anyone knows what's up?

I thought that was my mistake when I was editing something, I'm glad that I'm not the only one. I hope they give us an answer.

It seems to be more an overall MAL problem as the episode discussion overlay is broken as well (html/php wise as the div doesn't hold any data at all)

Another problem that I just see, is that when you click the Update Entry isn't align, and sometimes is on the half of your list, not in the place you clicked it, here's an example.

Apr 9, 2014 7:04 AM

Jun 2012
xAngelPerz said:
RafaelDeJongh said:
xAngelPerz said:
RafaelDeJongh said:

Another problem that I just see, is that when you click the Update Entry isn't align, and sometimes is on the half of your list, not in the place you clicked it, here's an example.

Ye I'm having a similar problem too.
Apr 9, 2014 7:25 AM

Feb 2010
For ppl having the problem with the white overlay box that pops up when you click an entry, add this to the bottom of your CSS:

#fancybox-inner {
height: 100% !important;
width: 100% !important;
left: 0 !important;
}
#fancybox-wrap {
height: 90% !important;
position: fixed !important;
width: 80% !important;
left: 0 !important;
right: 0 !important;
top: 0 !Important;
margin: auto !important;
}

MAL seems to have changed the default coding for this part, so this fixes it back similarly to how it was before. Take it away in the future if its off again, that would mean MAL fixed it back probably.

As for the MALCSotherlinks thing I don't know what it is, probably a similar thing to the overlay box but I want to wait a bit to see if it goes back to where it was before applying a mass fix; ppl are welcome to provide temporary coding solutions in the meantime
Apr 9, 2014 3:24 PM

Apr 2009
I fixed the mal_cs_otherlinks issue, it's because they changed the links from absolute path to relative paths. Why would they do that I don't know ...
Apr 9, 2014 3:44 PM

May 2012
u531355 said:
I fixed the mal_cs_otherlinks issue, it's because they changed the links from absolute path to relative paths. Why would they do that I don't know ...

Do you perhaps have a better fix for the overlay than the one posted above?
RafaelDeJonghApr 9, 2014 4:34 PM
Apr 9, 2014 5:21 PM

Apr 2009
Fix for mal_cs_otherlinks is in both style.css and bar.css
Every line looking like
#mal_cs_otherlinks div a[href="http://myanimelist.net/forum/"]
now looks like
#mal_cs_otherlinks div a[href*="/forum/"]

I changed a lot of things to fix the fancybox. The idea is that before, body had a 77% width and was centered. Now it is 100% and it fixes the fancybox. But then I had to give a width of 77% and center both mal_control_strip and list_surround for it to look the same. This involves a lot of changes in every files, sorry for the inconvenience. Here is a list of those changes :

In the css on MAL:
Change point 6 from body {max-width: 1452px;} to #mal\_control\_strip, #list_surround {max-width: 1452px;}

In style.css:
Before:

After:

In theme.css:
Change mal_control_strip to mal_control_strip tbody and you can remove !important on the background-color

The Asuka Addon and the Bar On Right Addon are also different, redownload the files from first post

All these changes were a bit useless in fact. The following code should be an universal fancybox fix:
#fancybox-wrap {
top: 0px !important;
bottom: 0px;
left: 0px !important;
right: 0px !important;
max-height: 90%;
}

#fancybox-inner {
bottom: 10px;
height: auto !important;
}
I'll keep the other changes because it's still better code.
u531355May 1, 2014 7:59 AM
Apr 9, 2014 6:32 PM

May 2012
Hmm I'll wait for the better fix as I've edited he parts mentioned above and that didn't really fixed the fancy box.
Apr 10, 2014 2:33 AM

Feb 2010
u531355 said:

u531355 said:

I changed a lot of things to fix the fancybox. The idea is that before, body had a 77% width and was centered. Now it is 100% and it fixes the fancybox.

Whoa whoa whoa, how do you find this out? I'd like to know all the changes they've made to the site.
Apr 10, 2014 5:50 AM

Apr 2009
For the mal_cs_otherlinks it was easy to find why the css selectors didn't match anything anymore.

The 77% thing is specific to the Square Layout. But I found in this js in the code: http://cdn.myanimelist.net/js/jquery.fancybox.pack.v1.js that the body's size is used to calculate the size of the fancybox. So I wanted to give it back the default look.

It's still messed up vertically, but that's not specific to the Square Layout. It's bugged even without any css for your list. Thanks MAL.

Edit: fixed. See post on previous page.
u531355Apr 10, 2014 7:05 AM
Apr 10, 2014 8:08 AM

Apr 2014
Thanks, it works great! :D
Apr 10, 2014 3:01 PM

May 2012
Still having an issue with the #fancybox-outer where the discussion box after updating an episode is way to tall:

http://sleekupload.com/uploads/5/table_7.png
http://sleekupload.com/uploads/5/outerbox.png

Anyway to fix this?

Current code:

Apr 11, 2014 7:13 AM
Apr 11, 2014 8:50 AM

Apr 2009
#fancybox-wrap {
top: 0px !important;
bottom: 0px;
left: 0px !important;
right: 0px !important;
max-height: 90%;
}

#fancybox-inner {
bottom: 10px;
height: auto !important;
}
this works fine
Apr 11, 2014 9:13 AM

May 2012
Yep that does the trick! Thanks!
Apr 12, 2014 4:54 AM

Jul 2013
Hi people, I looking for someone to made Pokemonish: Top-bar Icons, Header Picture and Cover. I will be very thankful.
[size=0]
[/size]
Apr 17, 2014 11:22 PM

Aug 2012
Hello, I'm currently having an issue with part of this CSS. Specifically the (Profile, log out, Add to List, Export etc) icons at the top.

Is there any fix for this? It just suddenly happened a week or two ago.
Aka-himeApr 17, 2014 11:32 PM
Apr 18, 2014 12:40 AM

Apr 2009
u531355 said:
Fix for mal_cs_otherlinks is in both style.css and bar.css
Every line looking like
#mal_cs_otherlinks div a[href="http://myanimelist.net/forum/"]
now looks like
#mal_cs_otherlinks div a[href*="/forum/"]
Apr 18, 2014 7:26 AM

Aug 2012
Ah, thank you very much.
Apr 27, 2014 5:29 AM

Mar 2012
thanks for sharing!
May 18, 2014 10:41 PM

Apr 2013
So someone wanted me to help them with some stuff for their list. I ended up with

but they don't want the top bar/stuff in that area there and instead want to switch to use something from here http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=449097 mainly the first one. So what do I do to switch to that one and get rid of the top bar background and the other "anime title, score, type" and what not? Not very good at this kind of stuff so just a change this to this would be nice haha. Thanks again for such a nice layout.
Jun 14, 2014 3:39 AM

Oct 2013
Thanks a lot for this. I've modified it a bit.
Jun 14, 2014 8:34 PM

Nov 2012
I need help with the banner. I uploaded my own custom banner to dropbox but when I paste it into my CSS it doesn't show up in my list.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8bji3ela8llzlei/Hitman.jpg
Jun 14, 2014 8:42 PM

Oct 2013
Aichiro said:
I need help with the banner. I uploaded my own custom banner to dropbox but when I paste it into my CSS it doesn't show up in my list.

Try putting this link for the image in your CSS instead of that one:
http://i.imgur.com/gX1UurS.jpg
Jun 14, 2014 8:52 PM

Nov 2012
Tyrant10 said:
Aichiro said:

Try putting this link for the image in your CSS instead of that one:
http://i.imgur.com/gX1UurS.jpg

Thanks for your help! but I just figured it out. I went to dropbox and clicked show original used that link and it worked.

https://dl-web.dropbox.com/get/hitman.jpg?_subject_uid=308624043&w=AABQJaAk3gw9-Fu_5jPV9nEi5YqpZEvuOQVpEmxAzg-yqw

Lol it's a long link. but when I tried it your way or uploading it to any other image hosting website it made it into some kind of repeating image like this guy.

Jun 17, 2014 2:00 AM
Dec 2013
Hello. I'm a n00b in this group and I apologise if my questions were already asked.

I love this layout, but would like to make a couple of changes:

1. The list does not fully show the titles for Anime with long names like "Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders" or "Mangaka-san to Assistant-san to The Animation". The last words get cut off awkwardly. Is there a way to correct this?

2. I like to write my impressions and comments in the Tags section that appears when you hover mouse over the cover, but the Tag box is very tiny. Is there a way to expand it?

My list - http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Vladislav_Paizis

Current Code:

Jul 13, 2014 12:21 PM
Jul 2018
Vladislav_Paizis said:
1. The list does not fully show the titles for Anime with long names like "Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders" or "Mangaka-san to Assistant-san to The Animation". The last words get cut off awkwardly. Is there a way to correct this?

2. I like to write my impressions and comments in the Tags section that appears when you hover mouse over the cover, but the Tag box is very tiny. Is there a way to expand it?

Under point #6 Options, add the following 2 blocks of code.
.animetitle {
max-height: none !important;
}

.td1[width="125"], .td2[width="125"] {
height: 70px !important;
}

You can change the number 70 to fit your needs.
Jul 17, 2014 3:10 PM
May 2013
Thanks a lot for this layout ^_^My only concern is that I can't change the order according to the priority that I want to watch them :/ (obviously I'm talking about the plan to watch list)Is there some way that I can order them according to priority like the regular list?
Jul 17, 2014 5:00 PM
Dec 2013
Blazeflack said:
Vladislav_Paizis said:

Under point #6 Options, add the following 2 blocks of code.
.animetitle {
max-height: none !important;
}

.td1[width="125"], .td2[width="125"] {
height: 70px !important;
}

You can change the number 70 to fit your needs.

Thank you, but I'm using a different version of the Square Layout right now.
Jul 23, 2014 8:01 AM
Jul 2018
pikrodafni said:
Thanks a lot for this layout ^_^My only concern is that I can't change the order according to the priority that I want to watch them :/ (obviously I'm talking about the plan to watch list)Is there some way that I can order them according to priority like the regular list?

You can add the following CSS, which will do the following:
1. Increase width of the table header (otherwise "Anime Title" will be shown on 2 lines)
2. Display the "Priority" button on the right side of "Progress"
3. Decrease the search box width to allow for the increased table header width
4. Reposition the search box
.header_cw + table, .header_completed + table, .header_onhold + table,
.header_dropped + table, .header_ptw + table {
width: 536px;
}

.table_header:nth-of-type(6) {
display: inline !important;
}

#searchBox {
width: 125px !important;
}

#mal_cs_powered {
left: 536px;
}
removed-userJul 23, 2014 8:11 AM
Jul 23, 2014 11:35 AM
Jul 2018
I've been tweaking this layout for my personal taste, and thought I would show you guys how it ended up and also share the code of my tweaks. I use the Japan top bar, dark theme and the long covers addon.

How it looks: http://i.imgur.com/J5HSQNL.png

List of changes I made:

• Change link color.
  • Change top bar menu buttons hover text so it no longer causes scrollbars (more info).
  • Make room for Priority sorting button in the top bar so you can sort your plan to watch list by priority.
  • Center status text (Watching / Completed etc.).
  • Removed status headers for a more clean look (Optional).
  • Resize info boxes on covers, to allow the "Status" info box (Airing, Rewatching) to show without linebreak.
  • Remove max-height from titles, in order to show entire anime/manga title when they have very long titles.
  • Create a "Priority" info box on covers, which will show in your "Plan to Watch" list (make sure you enable the priority column in your list settings).
  • Reposition the category menu (Watching, Completed etc.).
  • Use 1 background that covers the entire screen.
  • Make header area background transparent.
  • Make top bar and cover background semi-transparent.
  • Make the currently selected category slightly more noticeable by using a lighter background.

CSS code (make sure you change the cover generator code):

My tweaks are in the tweaks.css file and the code inside it is documented:

Optional: if you want to keep status headers then remove the following line:

Changelog:
  • August 4th - Remove "Watching" / "Completed" etc. status headers for a more clean look (Optional, remove the nostatus.css import line if you want to keep status headers).
  • July 14th - Fix position of top bar sorting buttons when using "Bar on Right" addon.
removed-userAug 4, 2014 11:40 AM
Jul 23, 2014 12:10 PM

Feb 2010
Oh thats very nice dude. I better tell you before your comment is buried under the member card vote topics lol. I'll try to add it in with these others later!

http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1226163&show=0#post1
Jul 23, 2014 3:05 PM
Jul 2018
Shishio-kun said:
Oh thats very nice dude. I better tell you before your comment is buried under the member card vote topics lol. I'll try to add it in with these others later!

http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1226163&show=0#post1

Cool, didn't know that thread existed until now. Thanks for pointing me to it :)
Jul 23, 2014 10:55 PM

Nov 2012
Yea your tweaks look awesome! If I add that on to what I have now it would fit perfectly.
Jul 24, 2014 5:58 AM
Jul 2018
Aichiro said:
Yea your tweaks look awesome! If I add that on to what I have now it would fit perfectly.

Thanks :). There was a small placement issue when using "Bar on Right" and I noticed you use that in your list. I have fixed the issue now though so you should be good to go :)
Jul 24, 2014 7:19 AM

Nov 2012
Lol thanks man!! I was trying to fix it for like an hour last night thinking my font sizes where the problem.

Edit: Wait Nvm my problem is different for everthing else is perfect it's just I can't figure out what's causing this: http://i.imgur.com/83bxhpW.png

It's probably something on my end.
AichiroJul 24, 2014 7:28 AM
Jul 24, 2014 8:50 AM
Jul 2018
Aichiro said:
Lol thanks man!! I was trying to fix it for like an hour last night thinking my font sizes where the problem.

Edit: Wait Nvm my problem is different for everthing else is perfect it's just I can't figure out what's causing this: http://i.imgur.com/83bxhpW.png

It's probably something on my end.

It seems to be caused by an edit you made in theme.css
You added
font-family: 'Aladin',cursive;
font-size: 15px;
font-weight: normal;

to
#mal_cs_listinfo div a, #mal_cs_links div a, #mal_cs_otherlinks div a,
.table_headerLink, .status_not_selected,
.header_cw, .header_completed, .header_onhold,
.header_dropped, .header_ptw,
.category_totals, #grand_totals, #copyright {

You never noticed the issue yourself because the text was being kept in the center, so it didn't show. But looking at your manga list the issue is clear for visitors:

I'm looking into a fix for you. I also noticed your bar is now positioned to the far left in your anime list, causing some issues with your sorting buttons, but that must be from you playing around with the code I guess?

Edit: To fix the text issue you should move your custom code
font-family: 'Aladin',cursive;
font-size: 15px;
font-weight: normal;

Before:

After:
removed-userJul 24, 2014 9:12 AM
Jul 24, 2014 9:16 AM

Nov 2012
Holy shit it worked!! Thanks man!!
Jul 24, 2014 9:27 AM
Jul 2018
Happy to help, glad you liked my changes.

I noticed you don't have the "Priority" sorting button visible, but it looks like you have made your own edit to enable the "Rated" sorting instead?

Edit: Nvm, the reason you have the "Rated" sorting button instead of "Priority" is because you have enabled the "Rating" column instead of "Priority" in your list settings.
removed-userJul 24, 2014 9:37 AM
Jul 25, 2014 6:19 AM

Oct 2013
I Seem To Have A Problem With This Layout. :|
Same Goes For All The Other Layouts

Here's The Images --->

Anyone Know The Problem? :/
Jul 25, 2014 7:25 AM
Jul 2018
You haven't told us what the problem is. What you think is a problem may not be thought of as a problem for us. Describe your issue in detail, that way people will be able to help you.
Jul 25, 2014 9:41 AM

Oct 2013
I Installed 2-3 Different Layouts But They Don't Appear Properly As Shown In The Pics That Were Made By The Person.
Look At The Above Pics. There Should Be 5 Columns In The Layout But I Only See 3.
The Header Is Not In The Middle, Lelouch's Photo Is Bigger Than It Should Appear.
In Another Layout I Couldn't See The Buttons That Were To Direct Me To Watching, Completed...... After I Zoomed Out I Could See The Buttons.
In Another Layout The Anime Lists Came Behind The Buttons. Even After I Resized The Anime List It Didn't Have Borders In The End = Half Complete.
In Another Layout It Fit Perfectly Except For The Buttons. The Buttons Came Above The Top Bar.
If You Want I Can Add Images And Show You The Problem :|
Jul 25, 2014 10:35 AM
Jul 2018
Read the first post in this thread and take special note to step 6. It explains how you get different amount of pictures per row.

To make the status header text be centered, add the following css:
.header_title {
	padding-left: 0px;
}

I don't know what you mean by "Lelouch's Photo Is Bigger Than It Should Appear."
Jul 25, 2014 10:47 AM

Oct 2013
Thanks For The Helping The Head Problem :D

Shouldn't Lelouch's Pic Look Like This? --->
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/49469857/MAL/premade/square/addons/baronright/preview.jpg

Instead Of Looking Like This?
http://i.imgur.com/sxOGt7s.jpg
Jul 25, 2014 12:36 PM
Jul 2018
I'm still not sure what you're talking about. Do you mean the top bar being positioned further to the right? If so then you should read the first post again, it covers that too.

If you mean it is zoomed in, then that is something you did in your browser. Reset the zoom back to default to make it look like it should.
Jul 25, 2014 8:32 PM

Oct 2013
This Is How It Looks When I Zoom Out To 50% --->

This Is How It Look When Zoom Is In Default --->
Jul 26, 2014 6:32 AM
Jul 2018
Well your list looks fine on my end, so it has to be something you did in your own browser. This is getting off topic though, you don't really need help with the Square Layout but rather need help resetting your zoom level in your browser. I suggest you google around for a solution related to your choice of browser.
removed-userJul 26, 2014 8:26 AM
Jul 26, 2014 7:35 AM

Oct 2013
k Will Do :D
Jul 26, 2014 10:49 AM
Jul 2018
It could also be that your screen resolution is low.
Aug 3, 2014 8:01 AM

Jan 2013
Hey Blazeflack !
Can you make a version without the header ? That'd look awesome !

Nice job man :)
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Sticky: » [ USERSTYLES & DARK THEMES ] All MyAnimeList themes

Shishio-kun - Jan 28, 2023

17 by is_peque »»
24 minutes ago

» ❓ Ask for help here + See Frequently Asked Questions ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Shishio-kun - Apr 15, 2010

7863 by ShaggyZE »»
34 minutes ago

» [CSS - Modern] 🍰 Clarity by V.L ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Valerio_Lyndon - Apr 19, 2018

1222 by laBelphe »»
Sep 20, 3:16 PM

» [CLASSIC CSS] ⭐️Space Layout by nblur/U531355 ✨RESTORED AND UPSCALED✨

Shishio-kun - Nov 17, 2023

7 by Recon911 »»
Sep 20, 4:43 AM

» ✳️[NEWSLETTER] Any Broken Layouts? + Restored Designs so far + Frozen GIF Fix ( 1 2 )

Shishio-kun - Nov 15, 2023

58 by AholePony »»
Sep 19, 10:47 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.