Forum Settings
Forums
New
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (24) « First ... « 8 9 [10] 11 12 » ... Last »
Aug 12, 2013 8:29 AM

Jan 2013
Battlechili1 said:
So what shows do you think would be good for me to watch based on my list? What do you recommend?

Also, is there anything I should pull off of my Plan To Watch list?

No slice of life, please.

*looks at PTW list of 283 series* *gulps* Okay, let's start with trimming this down.

Remove: Accel World, Air Gear, Another, Blassreiter perhaps, Bokurano (read the manga, it's WAAAAAAAY better), Btooom, Buso Renkin (I don't mind it but it is incredibly cliche and one of Watsuki's weaker works), Canaan, Chrome Shelled Regios, Cosette no Shouzou (if you're just looking for eye candy, that's fine, but the story is really poor and psuedo deep), Crime Edge, Dantalian, Deltora Quest, Legend of Legendary Heroes perhaps, Devil Survivor 2 (just play the game I imagine), Dokidoki Precure (Nid & Eve are saying it isn't shaping up that well), Dragon Crisis, Ergo Proxy (?), Fire Emblem, Henneko, Hellsing, HOTD, Higurashi, Innocent Venus, Inu Boku, Infinite Stratos, Isekai no Seikishi Monogatari maybe, K, Valvrave, K-On depending on your tastes, Karneval, Reborn, Maburaho, Magikano, Maoyuu, Mirai Nikki, Gundam Seed, Mondaiji, Total Eclipse perhaps, Needless unless you want some campy preposterone, Eva: Death and Rebirth, Zakuro, Pandora Hearts, Persona 4 the Animation, Phantom: Reqiuem for the Phantom, Rosario + Vampire, Occult Academy, Sekirei, Night Raid perhaps, Tsukihime, Shin Sekai Yori, Heaven's Lost Property, Speed Grapher, Steel Angel Kurumi, Strawberry Panic, Dusk Maiden of Amnesia, Tokyo Mew Mew, UN-GO, Vampire Knight, Vividred, Zero no Tsukaima, Zetman and maybe Zombie-Loan.

Add: Astro Boy 2003, Escaflowne (has some flaws, but still a good viewing), GetBackers, Hajime no Ippo, Hokuto no Ken 1, Hunter X Hunter 1998 & Yorknew Continuation OVA, Kara no Kyokai, Beast Player Erin, Kemonozume, Kure-nai, Tale of Fujiko Mine, Patlabor Movie 2, Mushishi, Noein, Redline, Rose of Versailles, Rurouni Kenshin: Trust and Betrayal, Moribito, Tegami Bachi perhaps, Birdy Decode 1 & 2, Touch and Tatami Galaxy.
AngelsArcanumAug 12, 2013 8:40 AM
Aug 13, 2013 8:39 AM
Jul 2013
Well, let's see your suggestions :3
Aug 13, 2013 9:10 AM

Jan 2013
moeshit said:
Well, let's see your suggestions :3

All of your highest scores seem to be very subdued series', so I'll divide suggestions between your tastes and general recommendation.

Preferences based on your highest scores/tastes: Asatte no Houkou, Astro Boy 2003 (has action, but it's Astro Boy; lots of optimism and playfulness), Hanbun no Tsuki, Hyouka, Koi Kaze, Someday's Dreamers, Maria Watches Over Us, Nodame Cantabile, R.O.D the TV (there's action interspersed, but there's a lot of focus on character relationships and slice of life stuff in the laymen sense, but it also has a mix of a myriad of other genres as well and it happens to be my #1), RahXephon (mecha action, but has a very affecting romance and a lot of drama and intrigue), House of Five Leaves, Tegami Bachi (has small bits of action, but involves uplifting or sometimes melancholic episodic tales mixed in with its core plot).

General recs: Casshern Sins, Escaflowne, GetBackers, Gintama (it's rather long and it's mostly comedy, so this may or may not be of interest), Hajime no Ippo, Fist of the North Star 1, Hunter X Hunter 1998 and Yorknew Continuation OVA followed by episode 59 and onwards of Hunter X Hunter 2011, Now and Then, Here and There, Jojo's Bizarre Adventure, Kara no Kyokai, Noein, Nurarihyon no Mago, Rainbow, Birdy Decode 1 & 2, Wolf's Rain and Yu Yu Hakusho (a personal fav).
Aug 13, 2013 9:18 AM

Feb 2008
@moeshit
Your list screams Natsume Yuujinchou. Also, try Kamichu, Makoto Shinkai's work in general (though I suggest you stay away from the Children Who Chase Lost Voices), Kobato, Binchou-tan, Princess Arete, Taishou Yakyuu Musume and the Ghibli slice of life movies Only Yesterday and Whisper of the Heart.

Aug 13, 2013 9:31 AM

Apr 2012
I like how nobody responded to my question.
"The more inexperienced you are, the more you want to show off."
- Oreki, Hyouka
Aug 13, 2013 10:26 AM

Feb 2008
@sushi
Judging by your list Chrome Shelled Regios might be just what you're looking for, it's labeled as seinen but it might as well be considered shounen, and it has a romantic subplot. Futakoi Alternative fits the bill, and I think you would like Needless too.

Aug 13, 2013 10:27 AM

Jun 2012
sushi55 said:
I like how nobody responded to my question.

Haven't you watched like, every worthwhile shonen in existance? (or at least that I know) if not, go for classics which inspired them such as Jojo, HnK, DB (I'd say manga, since I don't recall seeing those on your list but I may be blind of course)

If anything else fails , my suggestion is to read/watch works that are outside your safe zone and into the darkness (might as well go for sleeper hits).
Aug 13, 2013 10:34 AM
Jul 2018
AngelsArcanum said:

Pandora Hearts
Add: Astro Boy 2003, Escaflowne (has some flaws, but still a good viewing), GetBackers, Hajime no Ippo, Hokuto no Ken 1, Hunter X Hunter 1998 & Yorknew Continuation OVA, Kara no Kyokai, Beast Player Erin, Kemonozume, Kure-nai, Tale of Fujiko Mine, Patlabor Movie 2, Mushishi, Noein, Redline, Rose of Versailles, Rurouni Kenshin: Trust and Betrayal, Moribito, Tegami Bachi perhaps, Birdy Decode 1 & 2, Touch and Tatami Galaxy.

Why remove Pandora Hearts? This was one of the ones I was extremely looking forward to, and I've heard a lot of good things about it. Is something wrong with it?
And thank you for the suggestions on what to add and remove, btw. I'm especially interested in Escaflowne.
Aug 13, 2013 10:45 AM

Jan 2013
sushi55 said:
I'm in the mood for some amazing battle shonen, preferably with a decent romance *stares at Amber*.
Any suggestions?

recommendations :
- Even if it is old hokuto no ken is a must watch, the production value was low but some characters and moments are really memorable
- an entertaining shonen : kekkaishi
a music of kekkaishi : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_lWzv8MnBbs
- if you want something like Fairy Tail then try Rave Master ( the manga ), it has better romance, a good ending and is better overall
- an adventure anime I recommend : Escaflowne ( similar to Eureka Seven and Evangelion )
shiranui51Aug 13, 2013 10:56 AM
Aug 13, 2013 11:00 AM

Apr 2009
sushi55 said:
I'm in the mood for some amazing battle shonen, preferably with a decent romance *stares at Amber*.
Any suggestions?

1) Drop the term battle Shounen. Seriously. Not in this club, please.
2) As others have said, try RAVE Master. It is better than FT, but not really outstanding. There are worse timewasters, though. If you just want action, metal references and cheesy oneliners go with Bastard!! You could also try Ranma 1/2 (great classic), Shaman King (go with the KZB manga edition for this one) or read the classics if everything else fails (Jojo, HxH, YYH, DB, etc.).
NidhoeggrAug 13, 2013 11:06 AM
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Aug 13, 2013 11:19 AM

Dec 2012
Any adventurous show with great storyline , preferably with decent pace so I wont have time to yawn. Look at my list for examples.

Year doesnt really matter and please no samurai , thanks!
Aug 13, 2013 11:23 AM

Apr 2012
Thanks a bunch guys. I'll check out Rave Master in a bit...
- Oreki, Hyouka
Aug 13, 2013 6:11 PM
Jul 2013
ok i need recommendations
Aug 13, 2013 6:15 PM

Apr 2009
Please try to be specific.
What genre, demographic, subgenre, etc. would you like to see/read?
Aug 13, 2013 10:15 PM

May 2012
What's wrong with the term battle shounen? It's shounen, and it's about battling. That's like saying it's wrong to ask for a 'shoujo romance' anime.

@deeviluke

Try Black Lagoon. It's a lot of fun, satisfyingly violent and has some interesting characters. It has a fantastic dub and is quite unique in that it feels more like an American action show than an anime.

If you want something a bit slower and more intellectual, Gunslinger Girl also has some cool gun-related action and can be quite thought-provoking.

Toshokan Sensou is also a good little-known anime with a military/action theme and an interesting premise. It's a bit more to do with relationships and drama than the other two I suggested.

@Daniel-Bad

Like Nid said, you need to be more specific, but here are some general recommendations that are generally pretty popular with most people.

-Black Lagoon
-Cowboy Bebop
-Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica
-Shinsekai Yori
-Steins;Gate
-Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuuutsu
Aug 20, 2013 5:07 AM

Jul 2013
Okay, time to test your mighty minds with a somewhat weird request.

In a few days, a friend of mine is coming to visit and he'll stay at my place for ~2 weeks. We always watch anime together and I need some good series to show him.
So far so good, this is where it gets problematic. His favourite series are Naruto, Bleach, Fairy Tail, One Piece,... You can guess the rest. Not exactly the kind of stuff I enjoy. On the flipside, he doesn't like my favourite anime either. Says he almost died of boredom when i showed him Haibane Renmei :'(
For the time being I've actually been decently successful in finding stuff that he enjoyed and that was still fine with me, but I'm really running low now. All I've left is Steins;Gate, the rest is either bound to fail with either of us or has been watched together already.

So, any shows that you think might please both of us? Preferrably something around 12/13 episodes and definitely nothing above 25 episodes.
Aug 20, 2013 5:41 AM

Apr 2012
TDVoid said:
Okay, time to test your mighty minds with a somewhat weird request.

In a few days, a friend of mine is coming to visit and he'll stay at my place for ~2 weeks. We always watch anime together and I need some good series to show him.
So far so good, this is where it gets problematic. His favourite series are Naruto, Bleach, Fairy Tail, One Piece,... You can guess the rest. Not exactly the kind of stuff I enjoy. On the flipside, he doesn't like my favourite anime either. Says he almost died of boredom when i showed him Haibane Renmei :'(
For the time being I've actually been decently successful in finding stuff that he enjoyed and that was still fine with me, but I'm really running low now. All I've left is Steins;Gate, the rest is either bound to fail with either of us or has been watched together already.

So, any shows that you think might please both of us? Preferrably something around 12/13 episodes and definitely nothing above 25 episodes.

You seem to be difficult to please. My plebian tastes don't stand a chance against this enlightened soul.
But in any case, I'll try recommending:

- Baccano. DUBBED.
- Durarara!!
- Fate/Zero (episode 1...yeah, that'll be hard to deal with)
- Death Note
- Code Geass (this one is a very love/hate series. Either way, it's enjoyable like heck).
- Psycho Pass
- Cowboy Bepop. DUBBED.

Take a pick, all entertaining series for the common pleb. Have fun.
- Oreki, Hyouka
Aug 20, 2013 8:04 AM

Jul 2013
Thanks for the recommendations.
Most of those were already on my plan to watch list, so that's a good sign. Durarara!! in particular seems like it would fit really well.
Aug 20, 2013 9:01 AM

Nov 2009
Hah, sucks for you. I showed my best friend Haibane Renmei and he loved it. He had watched like 4 anime before that.

I will make a patrician out of him yet http://myanimelist.net/profile/need4snacks
Aug 20, 2013 10:30 AM

Jan 2013
Daniel-Bad said:
ok i need recommendations

No offence, but you need a dose of the GOOD stuff; stat. Here's some recs: Baccano (easy), Casshern Sins, Cowboy Bebop (classic), Eureka Seven (opinions may vary), Evangelion, FLCL, Fullmetal Alchemist and Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood (I guess...lol), Gankutsuou, GetBackers, Gintama (thought it's a commitment), Hajime no Ippo, Hokuto no Ken 1, Hunter X Hunter 1999 -> Yorknew Continuation OVA -> Hunter X Hunter 2011 episode 59 and onwards, Jojo's Bizarre Adventure 2012, Beast Player Erin, Kure-nai, Mazinkaiser SKL, Mushishi, Nurarihyon no Mago followed by the manga after season 2 (or read all of it too), One Piece (surprised it isn't already on there), RahXephon, Rainbow, Redline, Rurouni Kenshin: Tsuiokuhen, Samurai Champloo, Moribito, Tegami Bachi, Gurren Lagann, Birdy Decode and Yu Yu Hakusho for fun.
Aug 20, 2013 1:52 PM

Feb 2013
I need your help guys!

I'm looking for a really unique anime which is not on my lists, and by unique i mean relying on an idea/atmosphere/concept/universe breaking some standards. This might be something like Texhnolyze, Tenshi no Tamago or even Girls und panzer if you see what i mean. It should not be easy to classify into a single genre.

The said originality has to be the corner stone of the show, so for example even if One Outs is original, this is in the end your typical sport anime. Whereas Girls und panzer is indeed about school and "sports" stuff but well ... that's not what the show really is about right? ;)

Good design and animation is not a priority, might be any genre.

I know asking for something "unique" does not mean much but well, maybe you'll understand what i have in mind ... if not, don't hesitate to ask for more informations.

Thank you!
My list - "Let's share our lame sides" (Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou)
Aug 20, 2013 2:02 PM

Nov 2011
Paranoia Agent and Cat Soup are not on your list. Try those.
Aug 20, 2013 2:05 PM

Nov 2012
I think I might have missed something while watching Girls und Panzer, I thought it was just about cute girls and tanks.

You could try out Aru Tabibito no Nikki, Fuujin Monogatari, Tekkon Kinkret or Key the Metal Idol.
Aug 20, 2013 2:36 PM

Jan 2013
Sh0wdown said:
I need your help guys!

I'm looking for a really unique anime which is not on my lists, and by unique i mean relying on an idea/atmosphere/concept/universe breaking some standards. This might be something like Texhnolyze, Tenshi no Tamago or even Girls und panzer if you see what i mean. It should not be easy to classify into a single genre.

The said originality has to be the corner stone of the show, so for example even if One Outs is original, this is in the end your typical sport anime. Whereas Girls und panzer is indeed about school and "sports" stuff but well ... that's not what the show really is about right? ;)

Good design and animation is not a priority, might be any genre.

I know asking for something "unique" does not mean much but well, maybe you'll understand what i have in mind ... if not, don't hesitate to ask for more informations.

Thank you!

I'll just throw in a bunch of unorthodox stuff and see what sticks.

-Aku no Hana: I'm not too fond of it personally, but it uses rotoscopy to emit a demented and ominous atmosphere off of a human drama that is otherwise messed up to begin with.
-Cosette no Shouzou: I personally HATED this OVA, but it employs a ton of gothic settings and tones and the music and art in general is rather atmospheric even if the story is irksome (to me personally). It was directed by Akiyuki Shinbo of SHAFT fame typically, so depending on how you like that, you may enjoy just watching the OVA; just turn off your brain though I'd say.
-Fuujin Monogatari: uses intentionally abstract art and character design to make the show more wistful like its story content.
-Gankutsuou: characters have real life fabric clothing that moves with them and everything looks visually stunning and unique in general; the story is also a futuristic rendition of the Count of Monte Cristo.
-Beast Player Erin: a more relaxed epic that prioritizes world building over action and has an appealing usage of somewhat rough etches for building designs with pastel textures and such
-Kick-Heart: it's Yuasa; which kind of speaks for itself
-Lupin III: The Tale of Fujiko Mine: the first new full TV series of Lupin in 25 years(?) that has somewhat darker renditions of the core Lupin cast and a lot of bizarre imagery to boot
-Noein: deals with quantum physics, parallel universes and a lot of other large sci-fi concepts and has an interesting blend of genres mixed in with some experimental animation
-Utena: uses tons of surrealist imagery and post-modern storytelling
-The Sky Crawlers: rather boring and a bit perplexing in terms of how its metaphors are quantified, but it is a large, cynical allegory for otaku lifestyle, the decline of storytelling in anime and a bunch of other stuff, done by Mamoru Oshii who is known for pushing the bill with his heavy philosophical works.
Aug 20, 2013 3:53 PM

Feb 2013
Woaaa, thank you AngelsArcanum! And Amber and Zerkalo too ;)

Yes Girls und panzer is nothing more than girls and tanks, but the idea still made my day!
Aug 20, 2013 9:18 PM

May 2012
@TDVoid

If you're willing to watch it again and haven't watched it together already, your friend would probably like Haruhi Suzumiya. You could watch the Disappearance movie together if he's already familiar with Haruhi, the movie is much better than the series.

Black Lagoon (feels like I've been recommending this to everybody lately) is a lot of fun if you want to see some violence, and if you want some REALLY stupid fun, Highschool of the Dead is good too.

All of Sushi's recommendations are very good also.

@Sh0wdown

So Ra No Wo To is one of the unique anime that I've ever seen, your mileage may vary though as it is a 'moe' series but there's a lot more to it than that. Haruhi Suzumiya is like a soup of every popular genre that you'll almost certainly find something enjoyable about.

The weirdest anime I've ever seen is an OVA called Alien Nine, and I hated it. However, the top two reviews for it are both positive and well written, and if you go to the stats page for it you can see that there's a huge range of scores among the recent watchers. Clearly, this is an anime that everyone gets something different out of. I'd recommend you give it a shot just to see what you think og it.
Sep 6, 2013 3:29 PM

Jul 2013
Hello all. It's my first time posing on MAL.

I'd appreciate some recommendations on shows based on my list, please.

Here's my list:
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Nagisa33&show=0&order=4

Thank you.
Sep 6, 2013 11:50 PM

Apr 2012
Nagisa33 said:

Here's my list:

Thank you.

A fellow Eureka 7 fan boy! Welcome to our sacred gathering!

Anyway, judging by your list:
Chihayafuru (Easily one of my favorite shojo/josei series)
Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei (Dark comedy)
Fate/Zero (Seinen at it's very finest)
ef (both seasons) (One of the best VN adaptations around. Really good romance).
Full Metal Panic (both seasons). (Like Geass, a fun cluster of genres).
Hunter X Hunter (either version, better to go for 2011 though). (Tier 1 shonen. I can't recommed this highly enough).
Hyouka (Kyoto Animation's best anime yet. Don't drop it before episode 6).
Infinite Ryvius (Lord of the Flies in anime form).
Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo (A fantastic romance comedy shonen with an amaing first half and an OK but melodramatic second half. Don't drop this at episode 1).
- Oreki, Hyouka
Sep 7, 2013 9:00 AM

Apr 2009
Nagisa33 said:

Here's my list:

Thank you.

First of all, welcome to the forums and the club!

I roughly agree with sushi (wouldn't recommend Hyouka, Sakurasou, ef and a few others), but would like to add the following:

- Galaxy Express 999 (No need for words, Leiji's masterpiece)
- Hyouge Mono (one of the best historical anime I ever saw, although dialogue heavy)
- Jormungand (since you like Black Lagoon)
- Lupin III (Also no need for explanations, just enjoy some episodic fun with Japan's best thief)
- Mazinger Z (Mecha classic)
- Otona Joshi no Anime Time (Similar to Aoi Bungaku in its approach, but with a Josei focus)
- Steamboy (Steampunk is always good in my book)
- Tonari no Totoro & other Ghibli stuff you haven't seen yet (Always worth watching, even if it is Earthsea)
NidhoeggrSep 7, 2013 9:06 AM
Sep 7, 2013 11:48 AM

Sep 2012
I'll recommend Kaiba, which I can only describe as a very strangely animated and drawn romantic space opera. I'll also go with Dennou Coil, which is a children's anime but still probably one of the best in the last decade or so. It's kind of like if you took Serial Experiments Lain and Noein and combined them, but it was more coherently told and it took place in a really detailed setting.
Sep 7, 2013 1:10 PM

Dec 2012
Hey guys ,

I'm out of stuff as to what to watch , would love to make my ptw list long.
Basically recommend anything you think is worth.

p.s please no historical setting and silly drama like SAO , Sakurasou etc.

http://myanimelist.net/animelist/deeviluke&show=0&order=4
Sep 8, 2013 7:35 PM

Jul 2013
I'm going to give you a few recommendations based off what you like. I hope you'll find something exciting and enjoyable to watch with them. :)

FLCL (6 episode OVA) and Diebuster (6 episode OVA) - I see you really enjoyed Gurren Lagann. So did I. :) Both these shows are made by the same people who made Gurren Lagann. They have plenty of silliness with a feel good story to boot. Gainax, which also made Evangelion (another show you enjoyed), is one of my favorite studios and you may find their works worthwhile.

Mobile Suit Gundam 0080: War in the Pocket (6 episode OVA)- Depicts civilian life during times of war. A young boy teams up with an likable enemy soldier on a secret mission. It had a big emotional impact near the end.

Eureka Seven (50 episodes) - Similar to Evangelion but without the mental instability. It has a colorful cast of characters, an unsure boy who tries to find himself, a mysterious girl, mechs with a few surprises up their sleeves, some secrets hidden beneath the surface, and a solid feel good soundtrack. Don't let the number of episodes scare you because this is an enjoyable experience from start to finish.

Katanagatari (12 episodes) - Made by the creator of Bakemonogatari, this series has a unique art style and a new challenge each month. I say each month because the episodes were released monthly and take you through the seasons. As the year passes, the main character changes slowly and sees the world a bit differently. There's some funny romance in there too that made me smile.
Sep 9, 2013 1:52 PM

Feb 2013
Here i go again,

My PTW is shrinking and i'm not in the mood for those on-hold titles. I need some shows with a great amount of comedy if possible. It does not have to be pure comedy but i'm still looking for as much lolz as possible.

Thank you.
Sep 9, 2013 2:15 PM

Feb 2008
Comedy? Just go with:

Sexy Commando
Orochuban Ebichu
Ippatsu Kikimusume
Great Teacher Onizuka

"Your sight, my delight. Will you marry me?"
Sep 12, 2013 3:51 PM

Jul 2013

Is there anything that can give me an anime anime with "the power of love overcomes all" in the way that Eureka Seven did? I don't care about the technical aspects, or minor gripes. All I care about the feeling and attitude the anime offers. I'm not talking about mushy stuff either. There needs to be some form of conflict in the mix.

The characters in Eureka Seven had to work for their happy endings and build their relationships. Many times, things didn't go as planned and when the characters overcame their difficulties, they were better for it. Renton didn't know Eureka and was going in to uncharted territory while trying to find himself. The final episode was a display of satisfying display of the main theme, love. Plus I'm a sucker for free falls as a sign of trust that are confirmed with a mid air catch.

Basically, is there any anime that'll help me recapture the feeling I felt after watching Eureka Seven. Also, nothing related to Eureka Seven, please. Please check my list before you respond bc I've watched a fair bit.

Thank you. I appreciate it.
Sep 12, 2013 9:53 PM

Apr 2013
Well, Eureka Seven would be hard to top.

I would be inclined to full-on recommend "Koi Kaze" regarding love overcomes all, more directly towards forbidden love.

I suppose "Michiko to Hatchin" might be a good candidate in its own subtle way, though the theme "the poewr of love overcomes all" ain't really what the show is about, it is more of searching for your love, instead of the power of love overcomes all.

"Saikano" perhaps (but it is very hit or miss depending on the person watching/reading) and it is also a tragedy.

I can't really think of anything else, it ain't a common theme.
JodyqtSep 12, 2013 9:58 PM
Sep 13, 2013 1:04 AM

Jan 2013
Xamd Lost Memories is the most similar anime to Eureka Seven, it has some flaws but it's very good and unique.
Sep 13, 2013 4:15 AM

Jun 2012
Nagisa33 said:
Is there anything that can give me an anime anime with "the power of love overcomes all"

Watch mahou shoujo. I would disregard the Koi Kaze suggestion since the "power of love" is the last thing it's about
Sep 13, 2013 5:56 AM

Jul 2013
@ -Jody32-
I'm not in to the incest shows, sorry.
Michiko to Hatchin and Saikano aren't really what I'm looking for but they do seem interesting.

@shiranui51
Xam'd: Lost Memories looks like it might be up my alley.

@ Valkyrion
Do you mean Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha A's?
or Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica (I've already seen it though.)
Sep 13, 2013 6:23 AM

Jun 2012
Nagisa33 said:
@ Valkyrion
Do you mean Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha A's?
or Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica (I've already seen it though.)

I mean the mahou shoujo genre, not one specific title. MS are well known for the power of love and are an acquired taste: Titles like Sailor Moon, Cardcaptor Sakura are good starting points and yes even Madoka Magica eventually is about the power of love because

We have a few Mahou shoujo on our enlightment list and I'm sure a few users in this club are way more knowledgeable than me about MS genre.
Sep 18, 2013 11:37 PM

Apr 2013
I just run out of something to read, can anyone recommend some manga or anime? something as fun as hoshi no samidare if possible :D
Sep 18, 2013 11:54 PM

Apr 2012
doraemon1992 said:
I just run out of something to read, can anyone recommend some manga or anime? something as fun as hoshi no samidare if possible :D

Hoshi no Samidare...judging by the premise, quite a few series may be up your sleeve:

- Infinite Ryvius (A HUGE favorite of mine, with a fair bit of mech in between).
- Bokurano (Another similar mech deconstruction, manga's much better than anime).
- Tokyo Magnitude 8.0 (Interesting if you're into that whole earthquake survival thingy).
- Saikano (A pretty neat tragedy, currently reading it. Pretty legit).

I'm quite sure there are more that a few people here want to recommend, but these are the ones I can think of at the moment.
- Oreki, Hyouka
Sep 19, 2013 4:26 AM

Oct 2012
doraemon1992 said:

As a fan of Hoshi no Samidare, I gotta say nothing matches up to it in the fun department. I don't think we'll read anything quite like it. . . ;_;
Sep 19, 2013 5:29 AM

Apr 2013
@Sushi: That's a pretty nice mecha recommendation over there, I had been hearing good things on bokurano, ryvius, and tokyo mag. but sadly haven't got any time or simply forgot to try them...

Oh, and I had finished Saikano actually. It's not pretty legit, it's legally amazing. thanks for the rec tunasushi :D

@Ducat: So do you mean that I am asking the impossible? D=
Sep 19, 2013 5:34 AM

Oct 2012
@doraemon

'fraid so. If you manage to find something as fun as it though, let me know. I'm running out of fun anime and manga. . .
Sep 21, 2013 10:00 AM

Aug 2012
doraemon1992 said:

Well if you don't mind ongoing series you could try with Spirit Cricle, and Sengoku Youko from the same author.
Tekkon Kinkreet and Ran to Haiiro no Sekai, are also quite good and fun mangas.
Sep 22, 2013 2:04 PM
Sep 2013
Help a plebian out please.

Telling me to finish stuff on hold, or telling me to watch stuff that I'm planning to watch does not help me find new anime suitable to my tastes so, yeah!
Sep 22, 2013 2:23 PM

Apr 2009
unsterblich said:

Telling me to finish stuff on hold, or telling me to watch stuff that I'm planning to watch does not help me find new anime suitable to my tastes so, yeah!

Baccano, Texhnolyze, Bebop, FLCL and NGE are must watches for any anime fan, you should at least complete them to be able to discuss with most people here on this site.

You might also continue to watch the second season of Kaiji, start with Akagi (and by extent One Outs as it is basically a carbon copy with baseball instead of mahjong) if you like FKMT works.
Sep 23, 2013 12:09 AM

Apr 2013
Nidhoeggr said:
unsterblich said:

Baccano, Texhnolyze, Bebop, FLCL and NGE are must watches for any anime fan, you should at least complete them to be able to discuss with most people here on this site.

You might also continue to watch the second season of Kaiji, start with Akagi (and by extent One Outs as it is basically a carbon copy with baseball instead of mahjong) if you like FKMT works.

I second all of those series that Nid recommended, also what are your genre interests, I think I might be able to help if you want a little more versatility away from the mainstream. :D
Sep 23, 2013 1:17 AM
Sep 2013
Nidhoeggr: I've finished Akagi, One Outs sounds interesting so I'm gonna check that out. As for the others, I' plan to watch them, except possibly FLCL seeing as I gave it a chance but didn't like it at all.

-Jody32-: In general I'm drawn towards slice of life, though mind games, drama, supernatural thrillers and really pretentious stuff piques my interest as well!
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (24) « First ... « 8 9 [10] 11 12 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Sticky: » The New Manga Enlightenment Camp - All plebes and Untermenschen MUST attend

Exinqt - Aug 21, 2015

32 by Ducat_Revel »»
Jul 17, 5:02 AM

» 10 Steps to Becoming an Anime Elitist

Deago - Jun 2, 2023

2 by AaronRRedfield »»
Jan 11, 3:52 PM

» Winter 2024 Overview

Deago - Dec 20, 2023

0 by Deago »»
Dec 20, 2023 8:24 AM

» Summer 2023 Overview

Deago - Jun 14, 2023

0 by Deago »»
Jun 14, 2023 7:48 PM

» Spring 2023 Overview

Deago - Mar 14, 2023

0 by Deago »»
Mar 14, 2023 8:25 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.