Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Jun 23, 2013 1:51 PM
Mar 2012
AnimePoop said:
Where the hell did you guys view this episode from to jhave seen it so early?
Did you see it air or something?

I watch on animefreak and it is usually out by midnight on saturday. I'm also in central time if that helps
Jun 23, 2013 1:52 PM
Mar 2012
kosmosrl said:
Omg.....I cant believe they make Kite die...that was so devastating...-.-
Kite is one of my favorite character..

I agree... It made me sad... But Hisoka is my favorite character. Damn this is probably my favorite anime out of all I have seen so far. I dont know if I cant wait till next week.
Jun 23, 2013 1:59 PM

Oct 2007
I don't think they could have made it more obvious what would take place by the end of this episode. By completely focusing on Kaitou and wrapping up his affairs, even the ever-optimistic Gon shouldn't have thrown any viewer off course.

I enjoy that they actually included what many of us were calling "that scene" last week and that they didn't animate the fight. It was a sad end for Kaitou, but not one that really hit home as it should have. The episode got a little jumbled pacing-wise after the attack.

I really wanted to punch Morau and Novu, but they served their purpose of being the "big guns." Also, Madhouse continued their laziness in this episode by giving yet another character white hair. While Morau is one that it works for, I think we're out of fingers for how many characters have white hair who shouldn't have. Like Kaitou. But I suppose that's me being picky.

So sorry I expect a little effort.

NAME SPOILERS:
Looking forward to Shoot, Knuckles and Palm next week!
Jun 23, 2013 2:22 PM

Jun 2012
AriSky said:
Also, Madhouse continued their laziness in this episode by giving yet another character white hair. While Morau is one that it works for, I think we're out of fingers for how many characters have white hair who shouldn't have. Like Kaitou. But I suppose that's me being picky.

So sorry I expect a little effort.

I can see how it can be interpreted as lazy but I see it as sticking with a certain color palette that fits with the atmosphere and tone of the arc. The ants and new characters we've seen have a cohesiveness to them complementing the events taking place in my opinion.

So far we've been seeing lots of duller palettes and tones similar to Yorknew which this arc has a somewhat similar feel too( the sense of danger, brutality, etc). I'd find it weird if this arc had the sharper colors akin to Greed Island which obviously was more lighthearted
Jun 23, 2013 2:23 PM

Oct 2011
Kite!!!!!! T______T
Jun 23, 2013 2:32 PM
Jun 2013
with this arc being a human-race-threatened arc i can't help but think of this as "Attack on Titan Ants"
Jun 23, 2013 2:33 PM

Jun 2011
Sigh, I just had a feeling one of my favorite characters was going to die and unfortunately, I was right, again T_T
He might be turned into a Chimera Ant later, though, but his personality probably won't be the same, as with Colt...
Apart for making me depressed, the episode was great... Deffinitely one of the best arcs so far, if you ask me ^^
Jun 23, 2013 2:53 PM
Jul 2011
This entire arc is depressing.
Jun 23, 2013 3:00 PM

Jan 2013
AriSky said:
Also, Madhouse continued their laziness in this episode by giving yet another character white hair. While Morau is one that it works for, I think we're out of fingers for how many characters have white hair who shouldn't have. Like Kaitou. But I suppose that's me being picky.

It's their official colors in the manga though. Pitou has white hair on vol 28 cover, Kaitou and Morau in the manga color pages also have white hair. Madhouse can't do anything about it.
Jun 23, 2013 3:16 PM

Apr 2009
Aryus said:
So it begins... SO MUCH HYPE!!

Couldn't have said it better myself!

Jun 23, 2013 3:17 PM
Jan 2011
I'm starting to think when is this anime probably catch up with the manga.
Jun 23, 2013 3:19 PM

Oct 2011
Holy shit! Netero! SHITS GET REAL!
Jun 23, 2013 3:39 PM

Nov 2012
jirico said:
Candor said:
jirico said:
Damn, these things are so strong! It's unfair! I imagine how strong will the king be??

They need to call Phantom Troupe and Zoldick family now!
But.. what about the 3 new big guys who just appeared?

Like Kilua said, I don't think they are enough. Netero appears to be really amazing, but the other 2...

If those 3 get eaten... the ants is going to get so overpowered they will need to call Goku.
They are enough. Look back to what Morel said I would take his word for it than Killua since Morel is an experienced Hunter and a master nen user whilst Killua is not.
Jun 23, 2013 3:48 PM
Oct 2011
Unit-01 said:
jirico said:
Candor said:
jirico said:
Damn, these things are so strong! It's unfair! I imagine how strong will the king be??

They need to call Phantom Troupe and Zoldick family now!
But.. what about the 3 new big guys who just appeared?

Like Kilua said, I don't think they are enough. Netero appears to be really amazing, but the other 2...

If those 3 get eaten... the ants is going to get so overpowered they will need to call Goku.
They are enough. Look back to what Morel said I would take his word for it than Killua since Morel is an experienced Hunter and a master nen user whilst Killua is not.
What Morel said has one big example that happened right before it: Kite. Kite didn't die only because of his lack of abilities or experience, Kite died because he was at a disadvantage with his right hand being cut and having to fight with his left. That's one of the reasons for his death.
Jun 23, 2013 3:52 PM

Sep 2012
Good episode, I had to skip the beginning and all those flashbacks though. Also Killua speech at the end was so gay.

But this image redeems everything:

Also, lol @ Knov. I can't take this guy seriously.
Jun 23, 2013 4:12 PM

Dec 2008
Oh gawd! Kite!! I'm heartbroken... *going into a dark corner to cry now*
An aura worse than Hisoka's? Then that's some shit straight from below the deepest depths in the bowels of hell! Although, I'd love to see Hisoka get in on some of this Chimera Ant action.
Those two assholes with Chairman Netero are about to get pimp-slapped, and chopped up. Can't wait to see the looks on their arrogant faces as they're pummeled into unrecognizable organic matter.

Sent with Mal Updater
Jun 23, 2013 4:16 PM
Jun 2009
OMG the feels!!! Amazing ep!
Jun 23, 2013 5:09 PM

Jun 2013
The best episode in every anime for 2013 for me

If you guys want to enjoy great quality while watching Hunter x Hunter pay a visit at Kissanime every episode is 720 p or 1080 p

I hope the link i gave isnt illegal for the site
Jun 23, 2013 5:22 PM

Nov 2012
Ajunky said:
OMG. I didn't see this coming.

... What a waste to let Kite die, he was such an awesome character, but that's HXH for ya.

I can picture Togashi when he decided it: "Jeez, they're so close to Pitou's en... and s/he comes and meets Kite and the gang. I could make an awesome fight here... meh, I'd rather play Dragon Quest some more. I'm too lazy to complete Kite's abilities anyway, might as well just have him die without showing the actual fight."

Just like all manga readers I was looking forward to this episode. Well played, Madhouse you didn't disappoint me at all, especially at the very end. I thought they would just show Pitou's from the side with a white shiny background or something just as lame. Still, watching this just a week after the Red Wedding in game of thrones and only some days after finishing school days makes up for some depressing reverberations.
kchorrex2012Jun 23, 2013 6:20 PM
Jun 23, 2013 5:28 PM

May 2013
Jesus Christ. I really liked Kite. I'm depressed, but that's one reason why this show freaking rocks. Wish they would have showed the fight, but Pitou's abilities can't be unveiled until later, I suppose.
Jun 23, 2013 5:39 PM
Jun 2013
Larechar said:
Jesus Christ. I really liked Kite. I'm depressed, but that's one reason why this show freaking rocks. Wish they would have showed the fight, but Pitou's abilities can't be unveiled until later, I suppose.

Pitou does not have any abilities yet. She just ripped him into pieces with pure physical power and speed backed by aura.
Jun 23, 2013 5:45 PM

Apr 2010
Kite can't have died! THAT'S BULLSHIT!!!!!!!!!! FUCK YOU TOGASHI!!!!!!!!! (I was just jokin' Togashi, please comeback and continue the damn manga D:)

"Can you feel that hybrid rainbow?"
Jun 23, 2013 6:51 PM

Oct 2011
Has anyone else ever wondered how the hell Morel gets his sun glasses to stay on his face? I mean I never noticed it but they don't connect to anything.

Here's a pic:
http://lh6.ggpht.com/-SKUkJmRn0ME/Ucap4XyephI/AAAAAAADNKY/4MpfXi6WKPE/s1600-h/Hunter%252520x%252520Hunter%252520-%25252085%252520-26%25255B2%25255D.jpg
Jun 23, 2013 7:32 PM
Oct 2009
fearthebeard85 said:
Has anyone else ever wondered how the hell Morel gets his sun glasses to stay on his face? I mean I never noticed it but they don't connect to anything.

Here's a pic:
http://lh6.ggpht.com/-SKUkJmRn0ME/Ucap4XyephI/AAAAAAADNKY/4MpfXi6WKPE/s1600-h/Hunter%252520x%252520Hunter%252520-%25252085%252520-26%25255B2%25255D.jpg

Eh, look at his nose dude..

if you really want to nitpick then he could've easily been using glue LOL
Jun 23, 2013 9:25 PM

Aug 2010
Holy fuck this episode was just amazing. Easily a 5/5. I was shocked to see Kite die. Damn the opponents in this arc seem to strong. One of the generals seems to be stronger than anyone we've seen so far. Makes me wonder, how strong is the king going to be?
Jun 23, 2013 9:31 PM
Feb 2013
SetsukoHara said:
Good episode, I had to skip the beginning and all those flashbacks though. Also Killua speech at the end was so gay.

But this image redeems everything:

Also, lol @ Knov. I can't take this guy seriously.

Think Killua's speech at the end was gay? Wait till you see how this light and darkness or yin and yang affinity affects him and Gon later in the arc.

HxH don't f*ck around with wishy washy words.
Jun 23, 2013 9:54 PM

Jul 2008
WTF!! I didnt see it coming! poor kite T___T
Jun 24, 2013 1:00 AM

Oct 2008
Too bad I knew this was coming, thanks to some moron who spoiled it in a discussion a few eps back..
Jun 24, 2013 1:16 AM
Dec 2012
This episode was absolutely incredible. I am blown away, even having known what has happened. This show once again proves that it is a step above, something else among some things. God. Damn.

Wow. Thank you for this 'adaptation,' I've been waiting.
Jun 24, 2013 1:18 AM
Dec 2012
kchorrex2012 said:
Ajunky said:

... What a waste to let Kite die, he was such an awesome character, but that's HXH for ya.

I can picture Togashi when he decided it: "Jeez, they're so close to Pitou's en... and s/he comes and meets Kite and the gang. I could make an awesome fight here... meh, I'd rather play Dragon Quest some more. I'm too lazy to complete Kite's abilities anyway, might as well just have him die without showing the actual fight."

Wrong, imo. This is one instance of wonderful storytelling, something that doesn't exist so abundantly in anime. Really, it's perfect. Kite had to die.
Jun 24, 2013 1:19 AM
Dec 2012
Ragna92 said:
Holy fuck this episode was just amazing. Easily a 5/5. I was shocked to see Kite die. Damn the opponents in this arc seem to strong. One of the generals seems to be stronger than anyone we've seen so far. Makes me wonder, how strong is the king going to be?

The king is an absolute wonder.
Jun 24, 2013 1:27 AM

Jun 2013
Billbillstar said:
kchorrex2012 said:
Ajunky said:

Wrong, imo. This is one instance of wonderful storytelling, something that doesn't exist so abundantly in anime. Really, it's perfect. Kite had to die.

I agree, this is the stuff that sets HxH apart from most shonen. You think it's going to go this way and then it completely turns around.
Jun 24, 2013 2:25 AM

Oct 2011
Infinite8 said:
And we never got to see the rest of his Crazy Slots.. I wonder what 3 was?

Shits going down!

3 is a mace, other than that yeah you're pretty much right. We'll never know if there was anymore to it or if it was just a mace.

Pretty sure it was just a mace though.
fearthebeard85Jun 24, 2013 2:30 AM
Jun 24, 2013 3:53 AM

Mar 2013
I really don't know why this anime still surprises me, but it does. This is probably because this is so far from your conventional shounen where dead people get resurrected (DBZ), killed people equals passed out people(OP), only old people get killed(Naruto), people are immune to dying(Bleach), everybody becomes friends before there's any time for dying(Fairy Tail).

Kite's death really was a mindf*&#. Excellent character, most of his abilities stil unknown, intoduced as G & K's next mentor and suddenly he's lost his head.

Nobody is safe in this anime, and that's just the way I prefer it. PS. I am gonna be strong and not read the manga...not read the manga 'n Man is nie 'n klip nie!
Jun 24, 2013 5:59 AM
Mar 2012
that what we call not a regular shounen
we are going to the next lvl
<33 hxh 2011
kaito die from the king protector not the king that mean that the king of that ant gonaa be fucking strong
nitro the whole hunters leader is here
gon and kilo gona be stronger
the ant are getting nen
Jun 24, 2013 7:37 AM

Feb 2013
still shock after watching this episode, I can't say anything...
Jun 24, 2013 7:38 AM

Sep 2011
i don't know what to say ! i wasn't sure that Madhouse will show Kite head/arm bleeding scene's !

Madhouse 10/10 !!!
Jun 24, 2013 8:16 AM
Jun 2013
What weapon did Kite have? I was hoping something that would of saved his butt.. maybe even in death... If they dont eat his head maybe he could be brought back. I'm left thinking he says bad draw and then proceeds to fight a one armed battle. :( I wanted to see what Gon could do. I think he was about to go super sayain. But like someone else said it almost seems like gon and killua are being written off at this point haha... that being said I obsviously would give this episode 10/10 loved it. Got a pair of turtle beach headphones the day before and was blown away by the violins while they were running through the forest. This episode exceeded my expectations and I love it to death.
Jun 24, 2013 9:46 AM

Dec 2012
God, I was dreading this... Now things start getting really good!
Jun 24, 2013 1:03 PM

Oct 2011
nekrod said:
What weapon did Kite have? I was hoping something that would of saved his butt.. maybe even in death... If they dont eat his head maybe he could be brought back. I'm left thinking he says bad draw and then proceeds to fight a one armed battle. :( I wanted to see what Gon could do. I think he was about to go super sayain. But like someone else said it almost seems like gon and killua are being written off at this point haha... that being said I obsviously would give this episode 10/10 loved it. Got a pair of turtle beach headphones the day before and was blown away by the violins while they were running through the forest. This episode exceeded my expectations and I love it to death.

Kaito had a mace. The clown head from his crazy slots served as the base for bludgeoning with his weapon.

For those who are unfamiliar with a mace:
http://www.medievalweaponinfo.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/Mace_IMG_3823.jpg

(Image was way too big, so I'll just post the link)
Jun 24, 2013 1:09 PM

Aug 2011
OH GOD KITE WHY MAN WHY
Jun 24, 2013 1:25 PM
Jun 2013
always knew this anime will get good again after a slow NGL arc, lovin it!!
Jun 24, 2013 1:50 PM

Jun 2013
I was completely shocked Kite died. I did not see that coming, guess I should've known better though. Ready for this arc to explode!
Jun 24, 2013 2:40 PM

Aug 2011
Chobatsu said:
I was completely shocked Kite died. I did not see that coming, guess I should've known better though. Ready for this arc to explode!

But, death flags were all over the place.:

''When I get into trouble, you guys make a run for it''
''Please give Ging's Hunter License back to him when you meet him''

It was confirmed he was going to died, it was just a matter of when!
Jun 24, 2013 3:00 PM

Feb 2012
StrawHat_ said:
Chobatsu said:

But, death flags were all over the place.:

''When I get into trouble, you guys make a run for it''
''Please give Ging's Hunter License back to him when you meet him''

It was confirmed he was going to died, it was just a matter of when!

All these death flags are added on in the anime. The manga had no such sign whatsoever, so imagined the collective shock the readers had back then (has it been 10 years ago?). I wish Madhouse dial back these 'flags'.
Jun 24, 2013 3:51 PM

Jul 2011
I totally expected Kite to die. It's just a HxH thing. :)

Lol @ Killua's lines near the end. XD

Looking forward to the rest of the arc.
Jun 24, 2013 4:24 PM

Nov 2012
Billbillstar said:
kchorrex2012 said:
Ajunky said:

You know I wasn't serious, right? I actually agree with you on this, things like these are what make HxH so unique and awesome. The fact that this has been my favourite series for about 8 years actually makes it hard for me to enjoy other action/adventure shonen, I can't avoid comparing their use of tropes and clichés to HxH.

StrawHat_ said:

But, death flags were all over the place.

Yep, they were all over the place, at least in the anime, practically as soon as they set foot in NGL (maybe even before).
kchorrex2012Jun 24, 2013 4:30 PM
Jun 24, 2013 6:55 PM

Jan 2013
oh my god what an amazing episode! the vibe was totally creepy too the last half. i remember thinking when i read the manga, "How arethey ever going to beat the king if kite doesnt stand a chance against Pitou, one of the lesser royal guards. pacing was faster than the slowpace theyve been going
Jun 24, 2013 7:34 PM

Oct 2008
S-ER said:
Kite T____T
I hope Neferpitou suffers a horrible death..somehow,by the end of this all.

Same. I will savior her demise.

Spoilers have forced me to keep pace with the Japanese airing instead of lagging behind one episode. :/
Jun 24, 2013 7:55 PM

May 2012
This is sad! No more crazy slots... totally not expecting Kite's death. Especially when Gon said that he believes that Kite is alive. And bam! All of a sudden, Kite's head is already in Pitou's lap.

But aside from that I really like this one by Killua...

"Gon, you are light. Sometimes you shine so brightly, I must look away. But even so, is it still okay if I stay at your side?"

Don't feel bad Killua. You are definitely the brake to Gon's selfishness and impulsiveness.. Just love this duo :)
Pages (10) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 131 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 27, 2014

1046 by Ougi0Best0Girl »»
Yesterday, 3:25 AM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 100 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

ValeBreck - Oct 15, 2013

162 by samagra7 »»
Sep 19, 11:19 AM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 148 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Haine - Sep 23, 2014

933 by LizIsListing »»
Sep 18, 1:42 AM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 134 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 17, 2014

329 by Ravin-AnimeList »»
Sep 17, 11:25 PM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

JusticeGundam - Oct 1, 2011

406 by chris1763 »»
Sep 16, 9:52 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.