Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (11) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »
Jun 23, 2013 7:51 AM

Apr 2013
A lot of running around and dodging the titan attacks. Jean's gear is broken :( Looks like he is going to try to scramble another set of gear from the corpse. All this tension is for the next episode. I can only hope that it was worth it.
Jun 23, 2013 7:54 AM

Sep 2010
Eren move ur butt =_= it's time to kick ass and chew bubble gum
Jun 23, 2013 7:58 AM
Feb 2013
This...series...
I have no words to describe this show...
The OST was epic again! Animation was if you don't mention the stills superb as always...I actually don't really care about the pacing right now and really looking forward to next ep Q__Q
Check out my Blog on Wordpress: http://korisanime.wordpress.com/
Jun 23, 2013 7:58 AM

Jun 2013
Good to see that Kawaii Kyojin came back from the dead. He looks way uglier now, though.
Jun 23, 2013 8:04 AM

Jun 2013
Jyupita said:
Good to see that Kawaii Kyojin came back from the dead. He looks way uglier now, though.

Kawaii no longer :/

Jun 23, 2013 8:18 AM

Jan 2011
Damn this pacing, nothing happened. Q_Q
Hopefully stuff will actually happen in the next episode, I'm getting tired because of all these silly cliffhangers.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Jun 23, 2013 8:19 AM

Dec 2012
I'm really enjoying this series in general, but I don't think this episode was up to par compared to the others. I kind of wish that the last 3 episodes were condensed into 2 episodes instead, since I think that would have eliminated basically all of the "fat" and kept the show performing at the high level it was at earlier on.
Jun 23, 2013 8:23 AM

May 2012
SomeDeadGuy said:

Okay, I'm getting sick of this. You have no idea what you're talking about whatsoever and are spouting a bunch of crap for no good reason.

Mikasa is not just a waifu character. She's a deconstruction of a typical waifu character. She's also a profoundly flawed character if you look past the surface.

First off, most waifu characters are helpless and weak. Mikasa is not and is far more powerful than Eren. Secondly, Mikasa's devotion to Eren is a profound character flaw, causing her to selfishly lose the will to live, almost abandon her duties several times, and lose focus in the middle of battle because of Eren. The reason why she is "overpowered" and "unrealistically devoted"? Because Eren saved her life as a kid, and now she clearly wants to pay him back. Also, he told her to fight. This must have triggered something deep in her and caused her to fight and fight incredibly well. Mikasa is powerful, but she is definitely not infallible, and it's not like her ability to kill a few titans here and there is really going to make a difference in the long run.

Levi is FAR more of a Mary Sue than Mikasa and is much, much more stupidly overpowered. He lacks Mikasa's flaws and limitations, as well. The fact that you praised him WITHOUT KNOWING ANYTHING ABOUT HIM while bashing Mikasa reveals not only your stupidity but some kind of a hidden sexist nature.

You're ridiculous.

LOL She is a waifu character, and you obviously don't know what deconstruction means. Don't use it, she is not deconstructing anything. Mikasa is literally a perfect human being, she is smart, beautiful, and is the best at everything she does. Literally her only flaw, is being a brocon. She is obsessed with Eren to the point of sacrificing everything else, including the lives of others. She has no ambition is and is freaking transparent, all she is a waifu character.

Sexist eh? How come I don't like Eren then? I don't prefer male over female, I prefer good characters over horrible ones. I thought Levi was going to be a semi-decent character from his brief appearance and dialogue but I have been told otherwise. You're ridiculous.
Jun 23, 2013 8:48 AM

Jun 2013
;)
Jun 23, 2013 8:48 AM
Sep 2012
PoeticJustice said:
SomeDeadGuy said:

Okay, I'm getting sick of this. You have no idea what you're talking about whatsoever and are spouting a bunch of crap for no good reason.

Mikasa is not just a waifu character. She's a deconstruction of a typical waifu character. She's also a profoundly flawed character if you look past the surface.

First off, most waifu characters are helpless and weak. Mikasa is not and is far more powerful than Eren. Secondly, Mikasa's devotion to Eren is a profound character flaw, causing her to selfishly lose the will to live, almost abandon her duties several times, and lose focus in the middle of battle because of Eren. The reason why she is "overpowered" and "unrealistically devoted"? Because Eren saved her life as a kid, and now she clearly wants to pay him back. Also, he told her to fight. This must have triggered something deep in her and caused her to fight and fight incredibly well. Mikasa is powerful, but she is definitely not infallible, and it's not like her ability to kill a few titans here and there is really going to make a difference in the long run.

Levi is FAR more of a Mary Sue than Mikasa and is much, much more stupidly overpowered. He lacks Mikasa's flaws and limitations, as well. The fact that you praised him WITHOUT KNOWING ANYTHING ABOUT HIM while bashing Mikasa reveals not only your stupidity but some kind of a hidden sexist nature.

You're ridiculous.

LOL She is a waifu character, and you obviously don't know what deconstruction means. Don't use it, she is not deconstructing anything. Mikasa is literally a perfect human being, she is smart, beautiful, and is the best at everything she does. Literally her only flaw, is being a brocon. She is obsessed with Eren to the point of sacrificing everything else, including the lives of others. She has no ambition is and is freaking transparent, all she is a waifu character.

Sexist eh? How come I don't like Eren then? I don't prefer male over female, I prefer good characters over horrible ones. I thought Levi was going to be a semi-decent character from his brief appearance and dialogue but I have been told otherwise. You're ridiculous.

I would agree with you, but there's absolutely zero fanservice with her and she isn't Eren's doormat, she can handle herself fine and doesn't need to stay by his side all the time, which usually is also part of the "waifu character". She's just strong and cares about Eren. You're excaggerating a lot. She could use another flaw but, she's far from a fetish character and that's what I like. The only "romantic" moment about them is freaking Ian talking this episode. It is a sibling relationship and that's what I like because you don't get that often.
PipokoJun 23, 2013 8:56 AM
Jun 23, 2013 8:51 AM

May 2012
OMG I finally get it. The weak spot is the back of the titan's neck, which is where the humans are! I feel like a genius, everyone praise me!
Jun 23, 2013 8:54 AM

May 2012
Pipoko said:

I would agree with you, but there's absolutely zero fanservice with her and she isn't Eren's doormat, she can handle herself fine and doesn't need to stay by his side all the time and that's also part of the "waifu character". She's just strong and cares about Eren. You're excaggerating a lot. She could use another flaw, though, she's far from a fetish character however and that's what I like.

There may not be any fanservice but you are saying she is not a brocon? Mikasa always wants to stay by Eren's side she may not need to, she was going to disregard her orders to stay by Eren's side until he told her no. Maybe the waifu comment was an exaggeration, but she is still a flat, one dimensional character.
Jun 23, 2013 8:58 AM
Sep 2012
PoeticJustice said:
Pipoko said:

I would agree with you, but there's absolutely zero fanservice with her and she isn't Eren's doormat, she can handle herself fine and doesn't need to stay by his side all the time and that's also part of the "waifu character". She's just strong and cares about Eren. You're excaggerating a lot. She could use another flaw, though, she's far from a fetish character however and that's what I like.

There may not be any fanservice but you are saying she is not a brocon? Mikasa always wants to stay by Eren's side she may not need to, she was going to disregard her orders to stay by Eren's side until he told her no. Maybe the waifu comment was an exaggeration, but she is still a flat, one dimensional character.

I still like her backstory. She has reasons for being the way she is and that alone is more than a one-dimensional character. You don't really get strong females in anime a lot either. Her protectiveness of Eren is just like Eren's hotheadedness, it's a two-sided thing. I don't personally think Mikasa is the most amazing character either, mostly because of the flaw thing, but I see no reason to hate her either.
PipokoJun 23, 2013 9:03 AM
Jun 23, 2013 8:59 AM

Jun 2013
FinestFantasy said:
OMG I finally get it. The weak spot is the back of the titan's neck, which is where the humans are! I feel like a genius, everyone praise me!

Wrong.
Jun 23, 2013 9:02 AM

May 2011
Finally Eren, get ahold of your senses damn it. Niceeeee Mikasa was blushing and denying that they were lovers.
Jun 23, 2013 9:07 AM

May 2012
Pipoko said:

I still like her backstory. She has reasons for being the way she is and that alone is more than a one-dimensional character. You don't really get strong females in anime a lot either. Her protectiveness of Eren is just like Eren's hotheadedness, it's a two-sided thing. I don't personally think Mikasa is the most amazing character either, mostly because of the flaw thing, but I see no reason to hate her either.

Ehh.....I guess you are right. But there are better female protagonists than her IMO, and that is why I am critical, maybe overly critical of her. My apologies.
Jun 23, 2013 9:13 AM
Sep 2012
PoeticJustice said:
Pipoko said:

Ehh.....I guess you are right. But there are better female protagonists than her IMO, and that is why I am critical, maybe overly critical of her. My apologies.

No, that's fine, considering this is shonen that was a good surprise. It's nice that the female characters aren't just fanservice for once and are competent in their own ways.
PipokoJun 23, 2013 9:19 AM
Jun 23, 2013 9:14 AM

May 2012
Jyupita said:
FinestFantasy said:

Wrong.

You're shitting me, right? :/
Jun 23, 2013 9:23 AM

Mar 2013
Well that was awesome.
Okay, it's perhaps a little bit slow to solve everything but we have action scenes and a great OST so I don't know why we should complain. The thing I love with this series is that I can't predict anything that's going to happen. Except when Mikasa didn't get crushed by Eren's fist.
Jun 23, 2013 9:34 AM

May 2012
Okay, they're just dragging it out now.

3/5
who_dat_ninjaJun 23, 2013 9:49 AM
Jun 23, 2013 9:40 AM

Jan 2012
PoeticJustice said:

Maybe the waifu comment was an exaggeration, but she is still a flat, one dimensional character.

Replace the word "waifu" with "nanny", and it won't gonna be an exaggeration anymore. Because that's what Mikasa does: sure, there is some amount of justification of her behaviour and it's natural she wants to keep him alive since currently Eren is her only family left, but this side of hers has been overblown so much she doesn't have anything to write home about, to the point of making her effectively hollow in the inside in the bad meaning of words. She doesn't have enough diversity in her character to make herself more than a "badass" drone programmed to be around Eren no matter what, even if it's clear to her Eren is annoyed by her overbearing attachment that would even lead her to refuse orders from her superiors, which doesn't exactly reinforce the idea of a female character with a strong sense of self-conciousness, but more of a character who can't even function properly when her "owner" is around. Sure, this caring side is somewhat of an opposite of her "strong woman" image and would provide diversity, but there is such a gap and lack of integrity between these two sides she feels more like a character with two seperate personalities that are switched around in convinient intervals, instead of one single character with many personality aspects.
Jun 23, 2013 9:48 AM
Sep 2012
I suppose it doesn't help that some of this stuff is being dragged out. In the manga Mikasa is still worried about Eren and all, but I felt like it wasn't as emphazised. It also works as a disadvantage that Mikasa's backstory was revealed relatively early. Other characters become more complex with the time they're given.
PipokoJun 23, 2013 9:53 AM
Jun 23, 2013 9:54 AM

May 2012
I agree with Dodgers.
Jun 23, 2013 10:02 AM

Jul 2012
Wow, absolutely nothing happened. 10/10 Best anime evar (sarcasm)

Still, bravo, there aren't many anime that can drag things out this long. Really, way to go, this anime has impressed me on how it can get such a high score by doing just about nothing within 12 episodes as compared to other anime.
Wecc said:
All Hail HaXXspetten King of the Loli Traps!

Jun 23, 2013 10:02 AM

Jun 2013
FinestFantasy said:
Jyupita said:
FinestFantasy said:

Wrong.

You're shitting me, right? :/

Wrong again.

Anyone got fanart of Undead Kawaii Kyojin?
Jun 23, 2013 10:04 AM

Apr 2008
Raikenzera said:

Still, bravo, there aren't many anime that can drag things out this long. Really, way to go, this anime has impressed me on how it can get such a high score by doing just about nothing within 12 episodes as compared to other anime.

So much butthurt.
Jun 23, 2013 10:06 AM

May 2011
LittleStar said:
@Vokoca,
So you every TV serial what is broadcast in your country (no anime),
you watch since first episode?
You never start watched something in TV just from boredom and start like it?

Now, if we talk about anime.
You are fan, so of course you don't start watching something from the middle,
because you don't watch this show on TV,
you can watch in online whenever you want.

For some Japanese people anime is just ordinary series,
they just turn on tv and start watching some anime,
because there is nothing else to do and they start watching it.

--------
Edit.
Let's don't forget why he have flashbacks/recap episode,
because anime staff also need some break?
Maybe they should make week without episode,
instead spend time for edit old episodes and making few new moments for episode.

I get your point, but I still have to disagree. Sure, it may happen that I watch something on TV when it is in the middle of airing - but even then, what are the chances of me seeing the recap episode? Let’s say that SnK’s 14th episode will be a recap one--what if I start watching from the 15th one? Since the chances of people actually coming right for the recap episode are very slim, I think they’re pointless. If I do see something on TV and like it, then I will go watch it from the beginning when I have the time - or I will just have to live with the recaps at the beginning of the episode.

Yes, as I said before, I don’t have a problem with the short recaps before the opening. It might be kind of unusual, but since it is before the OP and doesn’t take too long, it seems almost fitting. Not recaps inside of the episode, though, I don’t like that.

As for the team taking a break... is that really something we, as the viewers, should worry about? When you go watch TV, you think "Oh, this show is good!", not "Man, this must be so hard on the poor staff.", right? On top of that, considering the number of stills and how "static" SnK feels outside of the action scenes, it doesn’t seem like they have a terribly hard job. What I mean is, there are far better/smoother looking anime that didn’t cut shortcuts like stuffing recaps everywhere like the staff of SnK does. And I definitely agree with your last point. If they really need a break that bad, I’d rather wait a week more for a good episode than to get a half assed one earlier, instead.

Of course, this is just my opinion, nothing more.
Jun 23, 2013 10:11 AM
Sep 2012
From what I've gathered they've had problems with animating and hiring animators since fairly early on. The recap is there to give a break to the staff and perhaps improve on that staticness you're complaining about. Especially these last 2-3 eps you can see they're really running out of steam. They also delayed the OVA, if that's any help to understand that they're having problems with managing this.
Jun 23, 2013 10:12 AM

Sep 2009
that's all? o.o
That was very short! -.-
Good thing Mikasa dodged that attack..
C'mon Eren!!! Nice one Armin! :)
Jun 23, 2013 10:21 AM
Jun 2013
Dodgers20 said:
PoeticJustice said:

Maybe the waifu comment was an exaggeration, but she is still a flat, one dimensional character.

Replace the word "waifu" with "nanny", and it won't gonna be an exaggeration anymore. Because that's what Mikasa does: sure, there is some amount of justification of her behaviour and it's natural she wants to keep him alive since currently Eren is her only family left, but this side of hers has been overblown so much she doesn't have anything to write home about, to the point of making her effectively hollow in the inside in the bad meaning of words. She doesn't have enough diversity in her character to make herself more than a "badass" drone programmed to be around Eren no matter what, even if it's clear to her Eren is annoyed by her overbearing attachment that would even lead her to refuse orders from her superiors, which doesn't exactly reinforce the idea of a female character with a strong sense of self-conciousness, but more of a character who can't even function properly when her "owner" is around. Sure, this caring side is somewhat of an opposite of her "strong woman" image and would provide diversity, but there is such a gap and lack of integrity between these two sides she feels more like a character with two seperate personalities that are switched around in convinient intervals, instead of one single character with many personality aspects.

I don't see how it comes across as 2 different personalities. She became strong specifically because she cared for Eren and didn't want to lose the last of her family. Her reason for joining was to protect him, after all. It's the standard "the thing I must protect" reason most knights/soldiers train themselves to become strong. I don't see how you couldn't get that. Her strength comes about because of her care. They're linked, so I don't see how you could call them separate personalities. I thought they made that pretty obvious. When soldiers see their family and stop acting all stoic and show their loving side, you don't consider them separate personalities, do you?

She can function without him and he's hardly her "owner". She owes him a great debt considering he saved her from a life of basically being raped over and over by various rich perverts with yellow fever, but after she thought he had died, she did recover. She was quite calm about it and was ready to move on well enough after awhile. Surprisingly so, honestly. And you see that she's perfectly willing to beat the crap out of Eren when he gets out of line from their childhood moments. We also get to see that she has a surprisingly good sense of justice from the cart scene during the evacuation.

She's extremely protective of Eren, but who wouldn't be in this situation? He's just come back from being thought dead after she thought she had lost the last of her family. She certainly helps others and does her duty as a soldier, but if it comes down to them or the last of your family who you just recently thought had died and who you owe a great debt, I'm sure you would agree with what most people would choose. Especially considering Eren, at the time, is their only hope of plugging the hole and preventing the extinction of the human race.
Jun 23, 2013 10:29 AM

Jun 2010
Dunno. Wuuuut to say...hmm, just: IT WAS OK. c:
Jun 23, 2013 10:51 AM

Mar 2012
Love the slow pacing. Any slower and I'll spontaneously fall asleep; exactly what I need.
Jun 23, 2013 11:18 AM

Oct 2012
Krissirk said:
JustALEX said:
Shirubaasouru said:
Mikasa blushed.

Highlight of the Episode as far as I'm concerned.

Can't agree with you anymore. Mikasa blushing made up for all that slow pacing for me.

Interestingly that was my least favorite part :D Call me easily pleased, but I liked this episode a lot. I already read the manga, but this episode wasn't particularly slow (at least not compared to last episode).
Jun 23, 2013 11:19 AM

Jun 2011
Darklight0303 said:
Raikenzera said:

So much butthurt.

You keep on using that word, but I don't think you know what it means.
Jun 23, 2013 11:28 AM
Mar 2008
They're dragging it a bit too much ffs.
Lowering the score.
Jun 23, 2013 11:33 AM
Jun 2013
Elite60 said:
IchigoHollowfi said:
dat Mikao
It's always a treat to see her blushing.

Too bad you only see it this once even in the manga ><.
Jun 23, 2013 11:44 AM

Apr 2008
arimpact said:
Elite60 said:
IchigoHollowfi said:
dat Mikao

Aaactually. There is a recent occurrence in one of the later chapters. Only it's sad.
Jun 23, 2013 11:49 AM

Jan 2012
enjoyable episode,I think I'm gonna wait until the 26 episodes are over then rewatch so I don't become butthurt like most ppl here
Jun 23, 2013 11:52 AM

May 2009
Darklight0303 said:
arimpact said:
someone said:
dat Mikao

Aaactually. There is a recent occurrence in one of the later chapters. Only it's sad.
There was also that one time in chapter 34. Though we won't get that far in the anime.
Jun 23, 2013 12:08 PM
Mar 2013
Oh my God, I can't belive! This ep was absolutely amazing! It can not be described in words, tension was ridiculously high ^o^
Jun 23, 2013 12:15 PM
Aug 2012
I've noticed how bad all these human soldiers actually are.
They soldiers don't listen to orders and always try to argue.
When someone see's someone else get eaten, yes it's saddening but you go and have a nervous breakdown on the battlefield and get saved by someone else just before you get eaten.
Whenever someone goes on about a plan or says even something relevant to titans, there's always that one fully grown man crying saying he can't do this.
Most of them are pussies and really not well disciplined. I'm surprised they lasted this long.
Jun 23, 2013 12:26 PM

Apr 2008
markeo16 said:
I've noticed how bad all these human soldiers actually are.
They soldiers don't listen to orders and always try to argue.
When someone see's someone else get eaten, yes it's saddening but you go and have a nervous breakdown on the battlefield and get saved by someone else just before you get eaten.
Whenever someone goes on about a plan or says even something relevant to titans, there's always that one fully grown man crying saying he can't do this.
Most of them are pussies and really not well disciplined. I'm surprised they lasted this long.

You forget one thing. The only ones truly fighting the Titans are the scouting legion. These guys never expected to truly run into titans up close and personal.
Jun 23, 2013 12:55 PM
Feb 2013
Oh Eren finally awakes, so I hope he gets to do what he's suppose to do.
Jun 23, 2013 1:05 PM

Mar 2008
Just started and 2 minutes gone to recap, fuck me
Jun 23, 2013 1:22 PM

Mar 2010
boring sht
Jun 23, 2013 1:41 PM

Aug 2011
With this episodes I definitely feel like I'm watching a shounen now. Things are moving a little too slow with very little action and plot development in this episode. Hopefully there is more excitement next episode.

I really liked how Armin was able to wake up Eren though. Playing to his obsession with revenge didn't work but it was their dreams of the outside world that got to him, that was really nice.
TropicaliaSoupJun 23, 2013 1:47 PM
Jun 23, 2013 2:01 PM

Feb 2012
Great episode.
Jun 23, 2013 2:22 PM
Mar 2013
Im a bit conflicted, there were lot of great scenes, like the one with Jean, Eren burning ilusion and of course "kazoku-desu". But the pacing is starting to feel a bit too slow for my taste.
"Well if you have criticisms as a consumer of retail item X, then why don't you step down from your role as consumer and critic and become a creator of the sort of item you were hoping to buy and had thought you had been promised, since everyone knows that the only logical, rational solution to displeasure with a product is to become a manufacturer."
Jun 23, 2013 3:06 PM

Sep 2012
Good episode. Just wish this would go a little faster ahhh.
A match made in heaven set the fires in hell
Jun 23, 2013 3:43 PM

Feb 2013
I really like this show, but the last couple episodes have been dragging imo. There has been a lot of talking but not really anything has happened. I didnt mind it the last couple episodes but this time it irritated me a little. Seems like all the build up is for the next episode tho so if it doesn't disappoint then it was worth the wait. So until next time I wait in anticipation.
[/url]
Pages (11) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 28, 2013

1656 by ExecrableDan »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

247Eyes - Jul 13, 2013

546 by LT637_Anime »»
Yesterday, 7:44 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 6, 2013

1555 by flimmyjimmy »»
May 19, 10:59 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 21, 2013

921 by _akshatts_ »»
May 12, 6:13 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 31, 2013

991 by kzen_sno »»
May 10, 10:38 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.