Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
My Youth Romantic Comedy Is Wrong, As I Expected (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Jun 21, 2013 1:05 PM
Sep 2012
was hayato angry at hikky for making himself look like the bad guy?
Jun 21, 2013 1:09 PM

May 2013
battlemonster13 said:

Yes he was. Hayato attempted to prevent Hikky from doing his thing by bringing back Sagami himself. This spares Hikki from his social suicide. Unfortunately, the time constraint wasn't on Hayato's side, so Hikki had no choice but to step in.
Jun 21, 2013 1:31 PM

Apr 2013
I love this show, and Hachiman is one of the best MCs in a long time.

The only complaint I have is the lack of romantic development, but I really couldn't care less at this point. If there's a season 2 (hopefully), I hope they cover a bit more of the romantic aspect of this series.
Jun 21, 2013 1:44 PM

Aug 2010
I tip my hat to you Hachiman, you are a true hero.

I didn't really like the arc so far, but this last episode redeemed it completely. I especially loved the way Shizuka-sensei scolded and supported him at the same time, a great scene. Yukinon didn't get on my nerves this episode, I'm warming up to her more and more. 5/5.
Jun 21, 2013 1:48 PM
Jun 2013
It's somehow satisfying watching this anime since irl there are a lot of Sagami-like people (around me at least)

Gotta love Hachiman, best MC this season.
Jun 21, 2013 2:47 PM

Aug 2010
Hachiman! He is a true hero. Definitely the best MC this season without a doubt.
Jun 21, 2013 3:06 PM

Apr 2013
customer2 said:
My favourite mc for this season :

I don't know if it was on purpose, but I think this might be the only scene were Hikki doesn't have his "rotten / dead fish" eyes.
Jun 21, 2013 3:16 PM
Jun 2013
So if there is going to be a 2nd season what do you guys think the plot should be centered around?
It feels like nothing more will really change as it is now, because the service club will keep getting requests and 8man will have to do something crazy/insanse/awesome to fulfill the request. And then everyone hates him for it.

So to break this cycle I think in the second season 8man should transfer and the plot of the 2nd season should focus on how the school falls into despair as 8man is missing. With the social structure on the brink of collapse 8man returns with a revamped look and absolutely crushes everyone back into their place. With once again a common enemy the school social cliques band together to get rid of 8man their "mutual enemy". The final scene should show 8man walking away from the school as the entire student population is out on a witchunt for him. And then the next day Sensei announces that 8man once again transferred and this time for good. A wide pan on 8man reading on a train recaping the highlights from the two seasons and his personal commentary and banter included and as he wraps up for the final time he gets off the train and see Yuki waiting for a train, they make eye contact and then FIN. Such a massive cliffhanger that it guarantees season 3.

Eeeh somewhere down the line this turned into a fanfic but whatever xD, once again what do you guys think the plot for season 2 should be(if there is one).
Jun 21, 2013 3:19 PM

Jun 2012
reversereality said:
battlemonster13 said:

Yes he was. Hayato attempted to prevent Hikky from doing his thing by bringing back Sagami himself. This spares Hikki from his social suicide. Unfortunately, the time constraint wasn't on Hayato's side, so Hikki had no choice but to step in.

Yup just as Shizuka reaffirms later that there are people who don't like how all too willing Hikky is to being hurt(in this case the villain)

Hayato already knew that's Hikky way of doing this from the summer camp incident and the slogan meeting which saddens him.
HybridMBLJun 21, 2013 3:34 PM
Jun 21, 2013 3:20 PM

Feb 2012
That was beautiful.

But imo Hayato did the right thing there on the roof, by stopping Hikky from going on anymore, he was taking it too far.
Jun 21, 2013 3:44 PM
Jun 2013
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZ_1ggzx8G8 that 2 1/2 minutes of dialogue just hit home everything I was thinking at that moment, only other time i felt like this was the scene with Yui when Hachiman tells her to stop pitying him.
Jun 21, 2013 3:47 PM
Dec 2010
koolvid said:
So how much of the LN has been translated? If at all.

anyone know?
blaze it
Jun 21, 2013 3:48 PM

Nov 2009
Once again, another great episode. But this frustrates me. Why CAN'T they understand Hikki? They should realize that sweet words won't work in reality. They won't be having that problem if that Sagami wasn't bitching around in the first place.
amplifiedJun 21, 2013 3:52 PM
Jun 21, 2013 4:15 PM
Dec 2010
What's 8man supposed to mean?
blaze it
Jun 21, 2013 4:19 PM

Feb 2010
koolvid said:

8 = hachi in Japanese

So Hachiman, his name.
Jun 21, 2013 4:20 PM
Dec 2010
Vanisher said:
koolvid said:

8 = hachi in Japanese

So Hachiman, his name.

Thanks for the clarification.
blaze it
Jun 21, 2013 4:31 PM

Jul 2011
Nice one Hikki! At least now you will no longer be ignored. 5/5
Jun 21, 2013 4:38 PM

Jun 2010
Ah god. Why is this so good? Is it because this is the first show I've seen that has the main protagonist viewed by everyone as being a dark as night? I think so.

Jun 21, 2013 4:38 PM
Jan 2013
LaZyBoxTv said:
So if there is going to be a 2nd season what do you guys think the plot should be centered around?
This series covered til 6th volume of novel. 7 volume was the recent one out. So, no real 2nd season for a long time.
Jun 21, 2013 4:51 PM

Jan 2011
I'm way too tired to be philosophizing about stuff this time around, but this made me think nonetheless.
The usual clever shit that is this show, it'll be sad to see this go. This was probably the only clever/serious show that wasn't durpy as hell this season *cough* Aku no Hana *cough* (not refering to animation but dat story man...).
13man18 said:
Ah god. Why is this so good? Is it because this is the first show I've seen that has the main protagonist viewed by everyone as being a dark as night? I think so.

Because it's realistic "pessimistic".
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Jun 21, 2013 6:03 PM

Aug 2009
I really like this episode. Hikigaya helped Yukino in helping Sagami in accomplishing her task as the chairman and at the same time help her grow (otherwise, she would still be a leech in the future). While being hated by everyone, only Yukino and Zaimokuza weren't unhappy for him. They knew Hikigaya simply did it his way (with his own beliefs) and was fairly being himself. While Hiratsuka-sensei did have a point, doing it in any other way would mean rejecting Hikigaya's character.

While I am fine with Hikigaya ending up with Yuigahama (as I could see she had more air time being together with Hikigaya than Yukino), I am honestly rooting for Yukino. While having different beliefs and yet getting along well in a sense, they really suit each other. On the other hand, Yuigahama is pure and naturally fell (probably, I don't know since the confession was interrupted) for Hikigaya despite him being a loner and a loser because she the actual good side of him. Though I have my bet that Hikigaya likes Yukino.
Jun 21, 2013 6:18 PM

May 2012
Did any body else thought that Hachiman was making a Karmic Decision while on the roof? I was like, "Now do I want to play with red lightning or blue?".
Also Hachiman got to understand that words can cut deep just like any blade.
Jun 21, 2013 6:48 PM

Dec 2011
This show is so freaking good, OMFG.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 21, 2013 7:06 PM

Oct 2011
Dat performance: Bitter Bitter Sweet! I love it !!!!

Hachiman deserves respect. Damn Sagami needed a dose of reality. If she won't change then forget her. The only one's for Hachiman are Yukinoshita and Yui.
Jun 21, 2013 7:19 PM

May 2013
I can't believe Hachiman takes another hit for the sake of the school festival. They even call him the most hated guy in school. How cruel is that? It makes me sad that they don't realize how much Hachiman was helping them out. Then again at least a few others ( his teacher, Yukino+sister, Yui, Hayato) understand it, even if they don't like his way of solving problems. My trust in Sagami's character development was disappointed. She really is a useless and spoiled brat after all. She deserves the hate. Great conclusion to this arc!
Jun 21, 2013 7:26 PM

Jun 2011
wow, another great episode.
i really will miss this anime so much.
gonna read the light novel for sure
Jun 21, 2013 7:57 PM

Nov 2012
just watch the sub version last night..

hmm sasuga hachiman :D actually I'm kind of like him.. he is talking the truth.. what is wrong with truth? why he must be hated? -_-

sagami is a bitch.. -_- she is so annoyed -_-
just go die bitch! -_-

in the end I was think hachiman would confess yoshino lol XD
dafuq? hmm... kinda stupid.. but I like it :p
Jun 21, 2013 8:00 PM
Feb 2011
Hmm. His sacrifice saved and provided her with an excuse to fuck up her speech again, mental blow etc. Either way, the words have been said and they stung right where they needed to. I think Hayato stopped him from continuing partly for Sagami's sake, but also for Hikigaya's so he wouldn't fall even deeper.
Hayato genuinely cares about people and to leave no one ostracized, but seeing how he's popular and good-looking, the ones he's trying to help won't like him for it since it just looks like the pretty boy trying to be perfect again. So, in a way, Hikigaya and Hayato are the same : they use opposite methods, and only the ones who truly know them appreciate them.
What really irks me is how no one noticed how Sagami wasn't doing anything and blamed her for it. If a case like that happened in the real world, you can be sure she'd be called out for it, and I don't think Japan would be an exception especially since she's the one fucking up the group effort.

Also, I really liked the scene where Shizuka took him apart and spoke to him. First time I don't feel she's being obnoxious and annoyingly forceful. It's also one of the rare times where we see Hikigaya with "normal" eyes, showing that he's actually feeling hurt even though he won't admit it.
godspeedspikeJun 21, 2013 8:04 PM
Jun 21, 2013 8:05 PM

May 2012
Wow.. So far, Hikigaya is the best and the most realistic main character I have ever seen. I was super nodding in agreement while he was saying all those words to Sagami. Really love this episode and the whole series. Hoping they will consider season 2.
Jun 21, 2013 8:06 PM

Jul 2012
I have to low the score to 8, although this is one of my fav series. Seriously, I know this is a low budget show, but they should at least get some decent quality in highlight scene (the music band performance), compare to other show with music band scene, this is the worst.
Jun 21, 2013 8:09 PM

Jul 2009
not sure how realistic hiki is but i do enjoy his char. i dont think a lot of people have the balls to pull the villain act. i know i dont, especially to some girl i barely even know. it's not easy to pretend to be an ass.
Jun 21, 2013 8:10 PM
Feb 2011
joshua_mai said:
I have to low the score to 8, although this is one of my fav series. Seriously, I know this is a low budget show, but they should at least get some decent quality in highlight scene (the music band performance), compare to other show with music band scene, this is the worst.
Haha, yeah forgot to add that in my comment. That scene screamed low budget, with stills and sequences that have been repeated three times. At one point I was thinking "man, I bet they're called The Parkinsons", from the way they were repeating those small movements.
Jun 21, 2013 8:17 PM

Jan 2012
Dude, that band performance must have been one of the most extreme cases of animation shortcuts. It was just awful to look at. Other than that, the episode was pretty great.
Jun 21, 2013 8:18 PM

Sep 2011
makarov52 said:

hmm sasuga hachiman :D actually I'm kind of like him.. he is talking the truth.. what is wrong with truth? why he must be hated? -_-

just go die bitch! -_-

Even if it's the truth he said it like a huge asshole, even though what he said was true. People don't like the truth.
Jun 21, 2013 8:21 PM

Feb 2010
Tyrel said:
makarov52 said:

just go die bitch! -_-

Even if it's the truth he said it like a huge asshole, even though what he said was true. People don't like the truth.

It's people fault if they can't handle the truth.
Jun 21, 2013 8:31 PM

Aug 2008
Hachiman was an asshole to Sagami, but hopefully Sagami will change from that incident. As a former coworker of mine once said (paraphrasing), "You'll only change if someone says something emotionally hurtful about your actions/behaviors".

Thanks, person who gave me this on another site a long time ago, lol.
Jun 21, 2013 8:37 PM

Feb 2013
hm, i wish the same personality as hikigaya, wanted to say shit in the face of people with out caring
Jun 21, 2013 8:44 PM

Jul 2009
Nice ep with Hikki opening a can of reality on Sagami's trashface.

I don't know about you guys but to be honest though i preferred how Hikki settled things, and i don't really think that he hurt his self since Sagami was trash of a chairwoman right from the start (maybe thats why Yukino's sister praised Hikki since i think she really get the whole story regarding whats going on unlike the whole idiot students hating Hikki). Sagami was writing cheque's with her mouth right from the start of that arc knowing well that her ass can't cash it. All she wanted was Hayama's Attention on that first Festival Meeting for the election for a chair's person.. For the other students to hate Hikki for what he did knowing well how Sagami was crap the whole time as the chair woman is just wrong imo but thats how misunderstanding and gossip's work. If Hayama just shut down his sugar coater they wouldve avoided the incident, but in the end he starts the problem then ending up as the "Savior" the Hero... Its like Harvey from the Badman. (Then end up half of his ass face burnt)

game8910 said:
So we'll hate him, because he can take it. He is not a hero. He is a watchful student, a silent loner. He is Hachiman.

That batman image +best! definitely relates to hachiman! They sure hate him but his secretly saving their asses. Well not secret but since the the rest of the student body look at it in a shallow way its as if they don't know they just got rescued by BADMAN.

and ye Opening that reality on the spot is better off than Hayama the Fuck face's Lip Service.

:( sad that theres 1 more ep left...
オール・イズ・バニッティー

Jun 21, 2013 8:45 PM

Dec 2012
This truly was an amazing and awe-inspiring episode in this one of a kind, fantastic and inspirational anime. That moment when Hachiman relentlessly commented on Sagami's behavior and true character was harsh to say the least, but was valid plus each individual word he chose to use held honesty. I still can't imagine how anyone would be able to, or willing to, to sacrifice their reputation and social life in order to help the greater good. I don't know what I would've done in Hachiman's shoes, but I probably wouldn't have went down the same route he chose, though his path does seem the one that would hold the most result. This series has become so profound and inspirational throughout these past episodes that I am simply in amazement at how just such a work of art was able to convey its message in such a short amount of time. I am saddened deeply that the next episode it the last one, but the OVA is coming and (with my fingers crossed) hopefully the series will be able to garner a second season.

Let's hope the final episode ends with a bang :D
Jun 21, 2013 9:04 PM

May 2011
SENSEIIIIIIII
Jun 21, 2013 9:13 PM

Jul 2012
Hachiman is a total badass, as well as the best main character of this season. Sagami just got told! Kind of admire how Hachiman can just speak his mind, and live life according to his own way without conforming to social norms. Wonderful to watch.
Jun 21, 2013 9:15 PM

Aug 2012
Teacher has the hawts for hikki

I'm shipping that now
كنت تهدر وقتك عن طريق ترجمة هذه.

mattbenz99 said:
Christians and Satanists are technically the same thing
Jun 21, 2013 9:24 PM

Dec 2012
Was fun to watch, pity the LN is still at it's mid.
"Only one with the courage
to shoulder the burden
of their own fate can
be called a hero.."

Jun 21, 2013 9:38 PM

Apr 2010
That concert animation was painful to watch.

Also, Hikki for MC of the year.
Jun 21, 2013 9:38 PM

Apr 2013
Goryo said:

I'm shipping that now
I'm hopping on the bandwagon!
Jun 21, 2013 9:40 PM

Apr 2013
antonn said:
Also, Hikki for MC of the year.
I want him to be my Yoda.
Jun 21, 2013 9:56 PM

Feb 2013
Awesome episode! Loved Hachiman sticking it to Sagami. This was the first time that he really showed that he was conflicted about his choices.
"Hey! I'm totally an adult! I bitch and whine, lie through my teeth, and do things that are unfair."
Jun 21, 2013 10:11 PM

Apr 2011
Sourire said:
Goryo said:

I'm shipping that now
I'm hopping on the bandwagon!

Don't forget me! I shipped them before it was popular.
Jun 21, 2013 10:12 PM

Apr 2013
Hikki stays true to his convictions even at the expense of being derided by his classmates. This does appear to make Sagami reflect on her actions during her teary scene thankfully.

I'm wondering what the extra episode will be about. If this episode is indeed the ending, I would have to say that I expected a bit more closure to the season.
Jun 21, 2013 10:50 PM

Jun 2012
When Hikigaya was telling off that girl I sat there smiling. I would be best-friends with Hikki if he was a real person.
Pages (9) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 4, 2013

424 by NiftyGretel »»
Jun 6, 4:49 PM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 27, 2013

562 by ViSpace »»
May 24, 7:17 AM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 13, 2013

285 by ViSpace »»
May 24, 6:23 AM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 6, 2013

336 by ViSpace »»
May 24, 2:31 AM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 30, 2013

260 by ViSpace »»
May 24, 1:50 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.