Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (199) « First ... « 132 133 [134] 135 136 » ... Last »
Jun 20, 2013 8:28 AM

Nov 2012
DateYutaka said:
johnyjohny said:
IzanagiFTW said:
ainky said:
IzanagiFTW said:
Before you get mad Over-rated does not mean bad it means that it has a way bigger fan base than it deserves i will not include any of the Big 5 because those are implied

over-rated Cowboy beebop, elfin lied, K-on, attack on titans, Sao, FMA

Under-rated, Persona 4 the animation, Robotech, MedaBots

Big 5?

The big 5 are considered the 5 most over rated anime out there but they are also some of the best (to most people) they consist of these anime
DB (all three OG Z and GT)
Naruto
One piece
bleach
and fairy tail
I hate to break it to you but the big 5 you made up yourself. It is the big three which are indeed One piece, Bleach and Naruto.

bleach big three thats a joke
Dude those are fact's. I did not like Naruto either but it is just one the three, deal with it boy.
Jun 20, 2013 9:46 AM

Apr 2012
johnyjohny said:
MoeGalacticHero said:
Zeally said:
Oh right and Evangelion is pretty fucking overrated. Holy shit probably more overrated than SAO. Hell I would argue it is the most overrated series ever
do you want to die
Lol i like how people know that Evanglion is know as all time classic and they still call it overrated. They must be frustrated because they got no taste or something.

You mean the director's pretentious attempt at making evangelion into a psychological thriller in the last 2 episodes and failing miserably? Then producing End of Evangelion which was just another monstrous train wreck...... Shit maybe this anime is 2deep4 me.

Jun 20, 2013 5:31 PM
Jun 2013
johnyjohny said:
IzanagiFTW said:
ainky said:
IzanagiFTW said:
Before you get mad Over-rated does not mean bad it means that it has a way bigger fan base than it deserves i will not include any of the Big 5 because those are implied

Big 5?

The big 5 are considered the 5 most over rated anime out there but they are also some of the best (to most people) they consist of these anime
Naruto
One piece
bleach
and fairy tail
I hate to break it to you but the big 5 you made up yourself. It is the big three which are indeed One piece, Bleach and Naruto.

Eh no I did not make that up it has been called the big five ever since fairy tail got a bigger fanbase than bleach
Jun 20, 2013 5:35 PM
Jun 2013
dlonc said:
IzanagiFTW said:
ainky said:
IzanagiFTW said:

Big 5?

Naruto
One piece
bleach
and fairy tail

It's interesting how theres so much hate on this thread.It's the best place for trolls and elitists,While yes I agree that the big 5 or the big 3 or every other shounen might be considered as overrated but they are in first place for teenage boys and everyone who could be considered as seinen or older than 18 shouldn't complain much about because I'm fairly sure that 90% people started out with dragonball,bleach,naruto or something else.

I know I even said that they are some of the best I mean one piece was my first anime (well the first anime after I knew that I learned the difference between cartoons and anime and I often re-watch DBZ
Jun 20, 2013 5:35 PM

Jan 2012
safe to say
overated:madoka,gurenn lagan,fairy tail,k-on,psycho pass
underated:kaiji,zetsuen no tempest,kaleido star,kara no kyokai
Jun 20, 2013 5:39 PM

Nov 2010
IzanagiFTW said:
Eh no I did not make that up it has been called the big five ever since fairy tail got a bigger fanbase than bleach
No, I've never heard the big 5 ever used, big 4 sometimes. But the name the big 3 was made on the internet to call the top 3 battle shounens in weekly shounen jump at the time which was One piece, Naruto, and Bleach, so an anime never technically leaves it and Fairy Tail can't join since it's published in a different magazine. And I don't think Fairy Tail has a bigger fanbase than Bleach yet.
Jun 20, 2013 5:42 PM
Mar 2011
IntroverTurtle said:
IzanagiFTW said:
No, I've never heard the big 5 ever used, big 4 sometimes. But the name the big 3 was made on the internet to call the top 3 battle shounens in weekly shounen jump at the time which was One piece, Naruto, and Bleach, so an anime never technically leaves it and Fairy Tail can't join since it's published in a different magazine. And I don't think Fairy Tail has a bigger fanbase than Bleach yet.

i go by the cover of WSJ to define the big free and over the past year 10/12 of the last covers have had as the on them Op Toriko and Naruto
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

When the union's inspiration through the workers' blood shall run
There can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun
Yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one
For the Union makes us strong
Jun 20, 2013 5:46 PM

Aug 2012
One Piece is underrated and inferno cop is overrated
Jun 20, 2013 6:37 PM

Jan 2013
lupadim said:

imo, I think One Piece is overrated (considering it is the best selling manga of all time) same with most shounen (AKA Death Note)
Jun 20, 2013 6:49 PM

Nov 2010
KAIOKEN1113 said:
lupadim said:

imo, I think One Piece is overrated (considering it is the best selling manga of all time) same with most shounen (AKA Death Note)
What does how much the manga has sold have to do with the anime's rating on this site?
Jun 20, 2013 6:52 PM

Jan 2013
IntroverTurtle said:
KAIOKEN1113 said:
lupadim said:

What does how much the manga has sold have to do with the anime's rating on this site?

I was referring to it as being the best selling manga, making the anime also overrated in the shadow of it.
Jun 20, 2013 6:56 PM

Nov 2010
KAIOKEN1113 said:
IntroverTurtle said:
KAIOKEN1113 said:
lupadim said:

I was referring to it as being the best selling manga, making the anime also overrated in the shadow of it.
Yes, that's what I thought you said. That doesn't make any sense at all. The manga sells a lot, so the anime has too high of a score on this site.
Jun 20, 2013 7:02 PM
Mar 2011
IntroverTurtle said:
KAIOKEN1113 said:
IntroverTurtle said:
KAIOKEN1113 said:
lupadim said:

Yes, that's what I thought you said. That doesn't make any sense at all. The manga sells a lot, so the anime has too high of a score on this site.

id say if you use its Manga sales its anime is underrated even here in Japan
cause the biggest selling manga of all time has nver broken top three in TV ratings either
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

When the union's inspiration through the workers' blood shall run
There can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun
Yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one
For the Union makes us strong
Jun 20, 2013 7:10 PM

Jan 2013
Overrated:

All moe

Evangelion

Underrated:

Tenchi Muyo!

Tenchi Universe
Dubs>subs.
Breaking Bad>Anime
Comic books>manga
99% of Anime is Garbage
Jun 20, 2013 7:38 PM
Feb 2012
lupadim said:
One Piece is underrated

MajinSaga said:
Overrated:

All moe

Jun 20, 2013 11:38 PM
Jun 2013
Overrated I will have to go with FLCL (sorry I just don't get it) and Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann (so many flaws). And even though I enjoyed them, I'm also gonna have to say that Fullmetal Alchemist and 5 Centimeters Per Second are just a tad overrated.

Underrated I'm definitely going to say Porco Rosso. It's one of Miyazaki's best, and it's overshadowed by (the phenomenal) Spirited Away. There's always more room for brilliance people!
Jun 21, 2013 10:28 PM
Feb 2012
theywillbeblue said:
Overrated I will have to go with FLCL (sorry I just don't get it) and Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann (so many flaws). And even though I enjoyed them, I'm also gonna have to say that Fullmetal Alchemist and 5 Centimeters Per Second are just a tad overrated.

Underrated I'm definitely going to say Porco Rosso. It's one of Miyazaki's best, and it's overshadowed by (the phenomenal) Spirited Away. There's always more room for brilliance people!

You have to live and die for EVA if you get FLCL.
I watched Episode 1, got the references but knew it was a clusterfuck.
Jun 21, 2013 11:20 PM

Dec 2012
DateYutaka said:

id say if you use its Manga sales its anime is underrated even here in Japan
cause the biggest selling manga of all time has never broken top three in TV ratings either
I dunno, I never thought the anime was as good.
I am important. I have a girlfriend. Check out my podcast
Jun 22, 2013 12:37 AM
GetsugaTENSHO

Jul 2012
Underrated: Lilpri

http://myanimelist.net/anime/8206/Hime_Chen!_Otogi_Chikku_Idol_Lilpri
張大です for 張大勇督察
Jun 22, 2013 12:53 AM
Feb 2013
Underrated: Kakumeiki Valvrave

Overrated:Teen Titans
Jun 22, 2013 1:59 AM
Jun 2013
I 100% agree, give me more please.
Jun 22, 2013 7:58 AM

Nov 2012
JohnDavis32 said:

Overrated:
Dragon Ball Z
Naruto
Bleach

Bitch please this show are getting kicked down enough as it is.
Jun 22, 2013 8:04 AM

Oct 2011
Agony said:

Thanks, I needed a laugh. lol
Jun 22, 2013 8:05 AM

Apr 2011
JohnDavis32 said:

Overrated: Naruto

How exactly is a 7.74 overrated? Even Shippuden is below an 8 overall. The word you're looking for is over-hyped perhaps, though I would still disagree with that.
Jun 22, 2013 8:07 AM

Jan 2013
yhunata said:
JohnDavis32 said:

How exactly is a 7.74 overrated? Even Shippuden is below an 8 overall. The word you're looking for is over-hyped perhaps, though I would still disagree with that.

The Naruto craze has really settled down. Back in 07-09 it was a completely different story. Narutards were everywhere.
Dubs>subs.
Breaking Bad>Anime
Comic books>manga
99% of Anime is Garbage
Jun 22, 2013 8:22 AM

Aug 2008
This thread is so goddamn old.

Rainbow is quite underrated, IMO. I guess just not enough people see it or talk about it, it's not exactly pandering to a broad audience.
Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum videtur.
Jun 22, 2013 8:40 AM

Dec 2012
Rainbow is severely overrated...
Jun 22, 2013 8:57 AM

Apr 2011
Deserada said:
This thread is so goddamn old.

Rainbow is quite underrated, IMO. I guess just not enough people see it or talk about it, it's not exactly pandering to a broad audience.

I'd think twice before calling an 8.56 underrated (for anything).
Jun 22, 2013 9:44 AM

Oct 2010
MajinSaga said:
Overrated:

All moe

Underrated:

Tenchi Muyo!

Tenchi Universe

I didn't watch Tenchis but this seems pretty legit if you ask me.
Jun 25, 2013 10:28 AM

Apr 2013
Underrated - Mars of destruction

Overrated - Akira
Jun 25, 2013 10:31 AM
Feb 2013
Agony said:

teen titans best show
Jun 25, 2013 10:36 AM

Apr 2013
OVERRATED - Angel Beats and Ano Hana

UNDERRATED - Oregairu
Jun 25, 2013 10:41 AM

Jan 2013
MajinSaga said:
yhunata said:
JohnDavis32 said:

The Naruto craze has really settled down. Back in 07-09 it was a completely different story. Narutards were everywhere.
Now the One Piece fanboys are everywhere.
Jun 25, 2013 10:47 AM
Mar 2013
Overrated - Elfen Lied
Despite having so much gore and nudity and supposedly crazy strong girls, I was like "meh" the entire series.

Underrated - Kimi ga Nozomu Ein

7.59? Really?...
Jun 25, 2013 12:22 PM

Feb 2013
Overrated by the trolls, underrated by the majority, here's the one that blows everybody's mind -> Boku no Pico
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 25, 2013 12:28 PM
Feb 2012
Wuffle_devil said:
Agony said:

teen titans best show

Not anime.
Jun 25, 2013 12:32 PM
Feb 2012
AstralAxolotl said:
LimeSlate said:
Wuffle_devil said:
Agony said:

teen titans best show

Not anime.

Yes it is; here's the MAL page: http://myanimelist.net/anime/16498/Shingeki_no_Kyojin

Looks like Attack on Titan, not Teen Titans. Nice troll though.

lol Teen Titans fans anyways.
Jun 25, 2013 1:10 PM

Nov 2010
LimeSlate said:
AstralAxolotl said:
LimeSlate said:
Wuffle_devil said:
Agony said:

teen titans best show

Not anime.

Yes it is; here's the MAL page: http://myanimelist.net/anime/16498/Shingeki_no_Kyojin

Looks like Attack on Titan, not Teen Titans. Nice troll though.

lol Teen Titans fans anyways.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Teen_Titans_(TV_series)

wiki said:
Teen Titans is an American animated television series based on the DC Comics characters of the same name
Jun 25, 2013 6:41 PM

Mar 2012
Overrated : Vocaloid, Touhou, Katawa Shoujo
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Jun 25, 2013 6:43 PM
Feb 2012
NeoAnkara said:

Underrated: G-Senjou, Sora o Tobu, Star Song
Jun 25, 2013 6:50 PM

Aug 2012
jal90 said:
MajinSaga said:
Overrated:

All moe

Underrated:

Tenchi Muyo!

Tenchi Universe

I didn't watch Tenchis but this seems pretty legit if you ask me.
Disagree with moe (too general; troll?). Agree with Tenchi. It's the harem anime.

NeoAnkara said:
Even though they're not anime, the fanbases for these are ridiculous, especially Touhou. All these fan works (read: Hentai doujins) from a game series with the worst character art ever.
This topic has not been locked and is still available for discussion.
Jun 25, 2013 6:55 PM

Jun 2012
Overrated: Code Geass, Fate/Zero, Disappearance, Key dramas, Death Note, Mirai Nikki

Underrated: Yoshitoshi ABe's works, Now and Then, Here and There, Pale Cocoon
I'm also filled with pure-hearted ulterior motives.

Jun 25, 2013 7:05 PM

Mar 2012
gamer2710 said:
NeoAnkara said:
Even though they're not anime, the fanbases for these are ridiculous, especially Touhou. All these fan works (read: Hentai doujins) from a game series with the worst character art ever.
The amount of fanwork is too stunning.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Jun 25, 2013 7:17 PM

Feb 2012
Underrated: INITIAL D
Jun 25, 2013 8:11 PM

Dec 2012
NeoAnkara said:
The amount of fanwork is too stunning.

Which is precisely what makes the entire Touhou franchise awesome...

Great character design, fun and unusual gameplay that wouldn't be known to many Western audiences if this series wasn't that popular and perhaps some of the best game music I've ever listened to. That doesn't sound particularly overrated to me...
Unless there's something else that particularly bugs you about it...
PantsManJun 25, 2013 8:14 PM
Jun 26, 2013 1:42 AM

Nov 2012
Holybaptiser said:
Overrated: Code Geass, Fate/Zero, Disappearance, Key dramas, Death Note, Mirai Nikki
LOL this guy is tasteless
Jun 26, 2013 2:33 AM

Apr 2011
Since I have technically watched a fifth of the anime, I'll say Shingeki no Kyojin is vastly overrated. Eren is annoying, Armin can't do shit, Mikasa gets annoying with her over-protectiveness of Eren and the only role of the side characters is to get eaten. I honestly don't see how it's a dark, mature shonen. The only thing dark about the thing is the art style. It's nothing more than your everyday shonen with the exception that side characters exist only to be eaten. Best thing about the anime is the opening.
Jun 26, 2013 4:55 AM

Apr 2013
yhunata said:
Since I have technically watched a fifth of the anime...

So then you are only allowed to say a 5th of it is overrated.
Jun 26, 2013 5:21 AM

Apr 2011
SlothieSloth said:
yhunata said:
Since I have technically watched a fifth of the anime...

So then you are only allowed to say a 5th of it is overrated.

I've read the manga, so I do, in fact, have the general idea of what follows.
Jun 26, 2013 5:24 AM

Dec 2012
yhunata said:
Since I have technically watched a fifth of the anime, I'll say Shingeki no Kyojin is vastly overrated. Eren is annoying, Armin can't do shit, Mikasa gets annoying with her over-protectiveness of Eren and the only role of the side characters is to get eaten. I honestly don't see how it's a dark, mature shonen. The only thing dark about the thing is the art style. It's nothing more than your everyday shonen with the exception that side characters exist only to be eaten. Best thing about the anime is the opening.

My thoughts exactly. And here I thought I was the only one that felt that way.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (199) « First ... « 132 133 [134] 135 136 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» A villain who has a reason but you just dont understand it

kirA_-_ - 1 hour ago

1 by Zarutaku »»
5 minutes ago

» Anime that use older, existing J-pop songs as OPs/EDs?

SaiteiDaOrette - 1 hour ago

4 by Zayvex »»
8 minutes ago

» Who is your favorite shota?

Shizuna - 52 minutes ago

8 by tchitchouan »»
9 minutes ago

» Which character is supposed to be smart but is actually not smart

BlueMaho - 7 hours ago

18 by Guilmon1 »»
11 minutes ago

» How do you view anime elitism? ( 1 2 )

KietaTeenRomance - Jul 4

69 by Merve2Love »»
30 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.