Forum Settings
Forums

A villain who has a reason but you just dont understand it

New
Jul 6, 1:37 PM

Jun 2020
Like for me it was Biba from Kabaneri, still think it one of the dumbest reason a villain can have and he used a dumbest way to prove his point. You did all of this because of basically nothing?
Jul 6, 2:35 PM

Sep 2016
Found a better one: https://myanimelist.net/character/4945/Broly

His reason to be angry is stupid, but the movie was awesome anyway.
This dance is the pinnacle of human achievement.
Jul 6, 3:15 PM

Jun 2024
Shou Tucker from Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood.

If you know, you know...
Jul 6, 4:53 PM

Dec 2020
Never a motivation I didn't understand, but plenty of garbage and boring motivations. The "I will destroy this world to create a better one" is probably the worst of them all.
Jul 6, 5:07 PM

Dec 2021

Nurarihyon. He's... just evil? Like, to the point where in the end of the 2018 Gegege no Kitaro...

Yeah, I love this anime, but I genuinely don't get why this guy is the way he is. The Gegege fandom page literally just says "in the 1968 anime, he would commit evil deeds just for fun" and "In the 1985 series, he believes that humans are inferior to yōkai. However, he'll work with them if it means a chance at defeating Kitarō. Kitarō wants humans and yōkai to co-exist, which causes conflict between the two of them.", with this part of the fandom page saying "Nurarihyon has a yōkai supremacist agenda centered on "restoring the glory of yōkai"". Sounds like a front for "evil for the sake of evil" to me.
Daviljoe193Jul 6, 5:21 PM
Opinions are opinions, and differing opinions can co-exist. 🙂 But I don't do debate, life's too short to spend time debating people.
Jul 6, 7:19 PM
Apr 2012
shingeki spoiler
i dont understand, he is crazy
Jul 6, 7:27 PM

Jun 2020
Reply to Daviljoe193

Nurarihyon. He's... just evil? Like, to the point where in the end of the 2018 Gegege no Kitaro...

Yeah, I love this anime, but I genuinely don't get why this guy is the way he is. The Gegege fandom page literally just says "in the 1968 anime, he would commit evil deeds just for fun" and "In the 1985 series, he believes that humans are inferior to yōkai. However, he'll work with them if it means a chance at defeating Kitarō. Kitarō wants humans and yōkai to co-exist, which causes conflict between the two of them.", with this part of the fandom page saying "Nurarihyon has a yōkai supremacist agenda centered on "restoring the glory of yōkai"". Sounds like a front for "evil for the sake of evil" to me.
@Daviljoe193 I think this actually make sense he is just evil like you did say he likes to see other suffer which is the kind of a reason

More topics from this board

Sticky: » The 'Help Identifying This Anime/Character' Thread (v10) ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Koito91 - Dec 21, 2020

7276 by Confetti112 »»
2 minutes ago

» Upcoming Dubbed Anime ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kenny_Stryker - Dec 17, 2017

9233 by appledude1221 »»
3 minutes ago

» What separates anime from other animations

JoeChip - 1 hour ago

10 by IKKIsama »»
8 minutes ago

» Would you isekai yourself if you had to actually be in the series?

Anjuro - Yesterday

6 by Loyal_Sheepling »»
24 minutes ago

Poll: » Is beppin vs moe blob the biggest war in the anime world?

Catalano - Jul 10

7 by TheDarkLordOtaku »»
34 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.