Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fairy Tail
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 »
Apr 17, 2013 10:56 PM

Jul 2012
I really don't care a lot if some people dislike it, as long as it continues airing, as long as I enjoy it, I don't care if its not famous or so many people dislike it
Apr 17, 2013 11:30 PM

Nov 2010
link9us said:
From what i have seen so far, the only "filler" arc in the anime, the trails arc was actually the only arc i found inspiring and though it was short it shown potentional to actually create consistent and decent plot elements and back stories with some of the major players in the series. But yeah the main core story is the most simplistic thing ive ever seen and the characters are not inspriing at all, their really is no clear villian, everything is based on like competitions, even the future arc the part that i just got to. I figured now they intorudced this new villian like character, i figured he would take a major role in the story but it turned out only to be some type of stupid ridiculous competition to decide the fate of the world? I mean come on.
Well I actually though the opposite mostly because it showed that Tsuna hadn't grown at all, and now that I know that it was a filler that's kind of a given(they can't really change or show change of the MCs attitude in a filler) or it could be that I've already watched the whole thing, so I know that arc had no impact at all. There's another filler arc similar in length and purpose that just made it bad, the whole leaving the future to go through a trial or something like that by 7 people shouldn't have been done more than once. Also with the later filler arc you will see the limit of the character designs,( Tsuna's family and the first's family matches up completely, looks and powers) it felt kind of cheap.
Are you talking about Byakuran? Yeah that was a stupid game that they were playing, even the one before with Xanxus was bad.
link9us said:
At least naruto and one piece (I know people think they are so over rated) but at least they have a coherent and more dynamic story with much more inspiring and developed characters. I hope fairy tail has something along those lines. At least a characters that have more layers to them, they are more part of the core story and have a legitimate reason for their actions in the story. Not something that gives you the impression that your watching a series that is all "fun and games, competitions" but no clear antagonist, no real goals, no ambitions. I just hated how reborn followed that same cliche format thoughout the show. Amino akira should of just stuck to writing gag comedies, because she surely as hell fails at shonen's.

Everyone praises hibari for being like the best character, he;s the most robotic character ive ever seen. He has like no human characteristics, no emotion he just says "ill bite you to death" or "ill kill you if you touch naminori" i mean how much damn times do we have to hear that?

Trust me, i know good quality story and well developed characters when i see them and hitman reborn really lacks this severely, reborn is probably the only interesting character in that show and don't get me started on haru and kyoku, this being a female mangaka you would think she would put more focus on the female characters in the series, but instead nope, they are the "haru and kyoku's Cooking expedition squad"
Yes I agree. I can tell you right now I get less of the Naruto and One Piece feeling from Fairy Tail and more of a D Gray man and Katekyo hitman reborn one, actually even worse. I think the main character shows a different side of him once. You kinda just nailed it on the head, it's more about fun and games, competitions, no clear antagonist, they say there's a goal but they never get close to it. The arcs are very short and the side characters insignificant so don't expect to feel much emotions or for any arc to have a lasting impression. All the filler eps are pretty bad too, just Bleach filler bad. You know what, I don't even think she should do gag mangas, the comedy in Reborn was bad. Especially those first 20 whatever episodes, boring, I don't think it wouldn't have been aired if it didn't turn into a battle shounen.

Hibari is boring, though his future self is way more interesting. People like him because of his stoic nature and strength, that's all people need. And the truth is all the characters have a weird thing that's supposed to be funny and unique but fails, Gokudera's sickness, Yamamoto's back home gag and ditziness, Bianchis romeo and poison cooking, etc each character has at least one and they are not funny or interesting at all.

I admit that he is interesting, especially his back story and a little of his personality, but he's still pretty annoying himself. Yeah Haru and Kyouko are useless, actually even worse since idk if this was a filler but their sneaking out of the base thing was ridiculous.

GeeNX said:
I really don't care a lot if some people dislike it, as long as it continues airing, as long as I enjoy it, I don't care if its not famous or so many people dislike it
But it's not airing.
IntroverTurtleApr 17, 2013 11:38 PM
Apr 18, 2013 4:57 AM

Nov 2010
link9us said:
Yes this is my opinion as well and i feel the need to express it. All though its not on topic, i am generally hoping that fairy tail has a more sensible and interesting story and characters then what i pointed out as my complaints above.

Yes this is not on topic, there are other (more suitable) places that you can express your opinion. And it's probably not the wisest idea to be on the last episodes discussion thread of a series you haven't started to watch yet.

IntroverTurtle said:
I wasn't telling you, I posted my opinion in a thread, you just stumbled upon it. I was actually replying to link9us, not you, he's an acquaintance on this site, he quoted my post, I've seen the anime he mentioned and even shared the same opinion on the one he mentioned, so I decided to share my opinion with him. That's the point of a forum, expressing or sharing opinions. Too many people on this board are getting angry at me for expressing my opinion and questioning why I'm in the thread/watched the anime, and not addressing my points or talking about the anime.
You posted in a forum so expect people to comment whether or not that comment is aimed at them or not.

You went seriously off topic and your comments just came across as a pathetic attempt at flaming on Fairy Tail. I personally have no problem with you being here or sharing your opinions good or bad. Bring up a valid discussion about this episode and I'll gladly converse with you but don't complain when people don't agree with you on your opinions of Fairy Tail when you are on a Fairy Tail forum.

Apr 18, 2013 5:08 AM

Apr 2008
Ghost-Edge said:
link9us said:
Yes this is my opinion as well and i feel the need to express it. All though its not on topic, i am generally hoping that fairy tail has a more sensible and interesting story and characters then what i pointed out as my complaints above.

Yes this is not on topic, there are other (more suitable) places that you can express your opinion. And it's probably not the wisest idea to be on the last episodes discussion thread of a series you haven't started to watch yet.

IntroverTurtle said:
I wasn't telling you, I posted my opinion in a thread, you just stumbled upon it. I was actually replying to link9us, not you, he's an acquaintance on this site, he quoted my post, I've seen the anime he mentioned and even shared the same opinion on the one he mentioned, so I decided to share my opinion with him. That's the point of a forum, expressing or sharing opinions. Too many people on this board are getting angry at me for expressing my opinion and questioning why I'm in the thread/watched the anime, and not addressing my points or talking about the anime.
You posted in a forum so expect people to comment whether or not that comment is aimed at them or not.

You went seriously off topic and your comments just came across as a pathetic attempt at flaming on Fairy Tail. I personally have no problem with you being here or sharing your opinions good or bad. Bring up a valid discussion about this episode and I'll gladly converse with you but don't complain when people don't agree with you on your opinions of Fairy Tail when you are on a Fairy Tail forum.

Thank you for being the voice of reason.
Apr 18, 2013 9:09 AM

Nov 2010
Ghost-Edge said:
IntroverTurtle said:

You're missing my point and once again quoting something where it doesn't fit. I was replying to Sereaphim's post about me coming in here to in his words "And now you tell us in 100 of post how bad fairy tail is in your eyes." Which doesn't make much sense, but I'm guessing he's talking about me coming in here to talk bad about Fairy Tail when I was really replying to a post that was directed at me.

One post isn't seriously off topic, that is actually allowed on this site. As this is the last episode of Fairy Tail so some people had opinions and theories about it ending(which is not off topic), I then corrected a person, then link9us posted a little more about Fairy Tail ending then posted his own comment about starting the series. I gave him my opinion and that would have been it, but you guys decided to whine about me posting my opinion here.

So for my first post that went "off topic" you said "Fortunately that is just your opinion and nothing more.". Which was in your words "off topic" and actually useless like I've mentioned as when talking about my thoughts on an anime, it is my opinion and I never claimed differently. So why did you make a useless and off topic post(probably considered more off topic than mine as at least mine was talking about the show, yours was whining)?

You say not to complain when people don't agree with my opinions on Fairy Tail on the Fairy Tail board, that would be correct. But you guys weren't doing that, you were complaining about me being in a thread and even watching the anime, completely different.

Since now you're doing the same thing in complaining about me being here, if you need to respond again, do it on my profile. Off topic posting is bad you know.

Darklight0303 said:
Oh, hello it's you again. Did you ever find any double standards in the anime world let alone that thread?
IntroverTurtleApr 18, 2013 9:18 AM
Apr 18, 2013 9:39 AM

Apr 2008
IntroverTurtle said:

Darklight0303 said:
Oh, hello it's you again. Did you ever find any double standards in the anime world let alone that thread?

As if I would waste my time on you. It's obvious your bias will never change so I rather spend my time more productively than on bullheaded so called Critics such as yourself.
Apr 18, 2013 9:52 AM

Nov 2010
Darklight0303 said:
IntroverTurtle said:
Darklight0303 said:

As if I would waste my time on you. It's obvious your bias will never change so I rather spend my time more productively than on bullheaded so called Critics such as yourself.
Pretending like this has anything to do with me not liking Fairy Tail and not about your inability to understand a word and use it correctly while whining about someone criticizing your favorite series.
Apr 19, 2013 2:18 AM
May 2012
IntroverTurtle said:
Darklight0303 said:
IntroverTurtle said:
Darklight0303 said:

Pretending like this has anything to do with me not liking Fairy Tail and not about your inability to understand a word and use it correctly while whining about someone criticizing your favorite series.

Hey what has this anime discussion turned into? an arguement? Please, if you wanna argue, go somewhere else. This is a discussion on fairy tail, and not for you immature people to give complaints.
prosnappleApr 19, 2013 2:22 AM
Apr 19, 2013 2:39 AM

Jul 2007
prosnapple said:
IntroverTurtle said:
Darklight0303 said:
IntroverTurtle said:
Darklight0303 said:

Hey what has this anime discussion turned into? an arguement? Please, if you wanna argue, go somewhere else. This is a discussion on fairy tail, and not for you immature people to give complaints.

Well what do you expect with the show at its end and nothing more to talk bout, inevitably that is where the discussion is going to end up.

But yeah people try and stay on topic lol, i blame my self for discussing that whole reborn Vs fairy tail comment.

Apr 19, 2013 8:31 AM

Nov 2010
prosnapple said:
IntroverTurtle said:
Darklight0303 said:
IntroverTurtle said:
Darklight0303 said:

An argument mostly about the anime. Ouch calling me immature, that hurt.
Apr 22, 2013 11:20 AM

Apr 2013
Even though i enjoyed Natsu's victory, i still felt sorry for Lector and Fro......! :/
Apr 22, 2013 11:40 PM

Mar 2013
I loved every episode i watched, and im re-watching it atm.
Hope it will continue...
Apr 23, 2013 7:47 AM

Apr 2012
Can't wait for fairy tail to return
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 23, 2013 1:53 PM

Jun 2008
Well that was....mediocre. Pretty much the whole series was like that. The plot isn't fairy Tail's strong point but unfortunately the anime is also budget limited with relatively bad animation in fights and lots of stills along with relatively to the manga limited fanservice which in a series like this is a disadvantage since the scenario isn't strong and fanservice is needed to rise the entertainment value.
The good thing is that because it's a fighting shounen etc despite it's quality it isn't very heavy so is not something you have extreme difficulty watching and it has the same good points the manga has, sexy badass girls and light comedy.

Gigaknight said:
Don't get me wrong--I like Lucy (she looks damn good, too)...but the sappiness of her scenes (and her behavior) was annoying the hell out of me.

It's not unreasonable for her to be that way, though, given what happened to her at the hands of Sabertooth, but...maybe it could have been done differently.

No, they just overdid it probably because it was the last episode. They went sappy overdose
MonadApr 23, 2013 2:00 PM
Apr 27, 2013 4:53 AM
Sep 2012
I can't believe its the end.... even tho Mashiro may say that there will be good news, i gotta feeling that there will just be an OVA... or it will take forever to come out.... i guess its best to start reading the manga~ Haizz... i really liked watching the anime esp since it had colour, movement... and MOSTt importantly- SOUND!!! I cryyy!!!!
Apr 28, 2013 1:11 AM

Apr 2013
Bokunahimi said:
I can't believe its the end.... even tho Mashiro may say that there will be good news, i gotta feeling that there will just be an OVA... or it will take forever to come out.... i guess its best to start reading the manga~ Haizz... i really liked watching the anime esp since it had colour, movement... and MOSTt importantly- SOUND!!! I cryyy!!!!

But the show is supposed to resume mid-september....
That isn't as bad... Could have been worse...!
Apr 28, 2013 9:26 AM

Nov 2010
chaos999 said:
Bokunahimi said:

But the show is supposed to resume mid-september....
That isn't as bad... Could have been worse...!
Who said the show is coming back mid September? That is not been said.
May 6, 2013 3:51 AM

Apr 2013
I just finished w/ Fairy Tail and found it to be great. I love the way Natsu kicked those two's butt. The thing that confused me is that the Levy crying, writing a letter to Lucy and seeing the world being on fire...that was pretty unexpected. Not to mension the Hooded Person that I'M 10000000000% sure that we know HER. Jellal knew her and his was in shock when she revealed her face. I wonder who is it but apart from that she has Zeref's power? He knows her so it means he now has a conection to Zeref.
Who could it be IDK. Soon I'll start reading the manga and I hope it is revealed....
A Story will always come to it's end. The thing is, will you move on after it's over?
May 6, 2013 3:57 AM

Apr 2008
Sh1cky said:
I just finished w/ Fairy Tail and found it to be great. I love the way Natsu kicked those two's butt. The thing that confused me is that the Levy crying, writing a letter to Lucy and seeing the world being on fire...that was pretty unexpected. Not to mension the Hooded Person that I'M 10000000000% sure that we know HER. Jellal knew her and his was in shock when she revealed her face. I wonder who is it but apart from that she has Zeref's power? He knows her so it means he now has a conection to Zeref.
Who could it be IDK. Soon I'll start reading the manga and I hope it is revealed....

It's not Layla
May 6, 2013 5:02 AM

Apr 2013
Darklight0303 said:
Sh1cky said:

Oh...crap....all my theory went down..is it revealed in the mang cause if it is I defenitely have to read it. From witch capter should I start

It's not Layla
A Story will always come to it's end. The thing is, will you move on after it's over?
May 6, 2013 5:12 AM

Apr 2008
Sh1cky said:
Darklight0303 said:
Sh1cky said:

Oh...crap....all my theory went down..is it revealed in the mang cause if it is I defenitely have to read it. From witch capter should I start

It's not Layla

Depends if you want to skip the upcoming OVA or not. If you want to read everything from the point the anime ended then start from 298. If you want to get straight back to the plot then 300 is your starting line
May 6, 2013 6:30 PM

May 2007
I finished Fairy Tail earlier today and caught up with the manga too. In the anime, I skipped episodes 125 to 150 because it was mainly filler episodes with a few things actually a part of the canon story.

This series was awesome to watch with good animation, great fan-service and the brilliant soundtrack that made your blood boiling or had you nearly let out tears, the series was really an entertaining one to experience.

I intend to go back and watch the episodes I skipped because it won't feel like I truly finished watching the anime series. I skipped them because I was impatient and I wanted to see Fairy Tail participate in the Grand Maic Games, which was truly thrilling in both the anime and manga.

This series is great in that it actually fuels the "shipping" activity I liked doing when watching an anime, like wanting certain characters being with each other and the series actually allows for these developments to occur, which doesn't happen all the time in straight-up adventure-fighting shounen mangas.

I'm giving this series a straight 10/10, despite skipping the filler arc. This series was well done n my opinion in that the fillers didn't seem too concentrated compared to the likes of Naruto and Bleach. I respect the animation studio for stopping where they did and I hope this anime returns in the future and I suspect a minimum of 3 years to get an actual TV series for Fairy Tail, though they can just as easily animate the rest of the current arc as an OVA series but I rather see it continue as a "big" anime TV series.
May 6, 2013 6:32 PM

Apr 2008
JCDRANZER said:
I finished Fairy Tail earlier today and caught up with the manga too. In the anime, I skipped episodes 125 to 150 because it was mainly filler episodes with a few things actually a part of the canon story.

This series was awesome to watch with good animation, great fan-service and the brilliant soundtrack that made your blood boiling or had you nearly let out tears, the series was really an entertaining one to experience.

I intend to go back and watch the episodes I skipped because it won't feel like I truly finished watching the anime series. I skipped them because I was impatient and I wanted to see Fairy Tail participate in the Grand Maic Games, which was truly thrilling in both the anime and manga.

This series is great in that it actually fuels the "shipping" activity I liked doing when watching an anime, like wanting certain characters being with each other and the series actually allows for these developments to occur, which doesn't happen all the time in straight-up adventure-fighting shounen mangas.

I'm giving this series a straight 10/10, despite skipping the filler arc. This series was well done n my opinion in that the fillers didn't seem too concentrated compared to the likes of Naruto and Bleach. I respect the animation studio for stopping where they did and I hope this anime returns in the future and I suspect a minimum of 3 years to get an actual TV series for Fairy Tail, though they can just as easily animate the rest of the current arc as an OVA series but I rather see it continue as a "big" anime TV series.

Except the last filler arc is confirmed as canon by the latest chapter if you know what I mean.
May 7, 2013 5:41 AM
Aug 2012
I started when it neared it's end, I caught up just before the last episode..
May 7, 2013 11:06 PM

May 2013
what a way to end it. awesome.
May 8, 2013 12:44 AM
Jun 2012
Put it on hold a long time ago for some unknown reason (always loved it, really don't know why) continued it the other day, and I really didn't expect this ending, what a great way to end the arc, now I'm really looking forward to the continuation!!!
May 9, 2013 12:31 PM
Dec 2012
Any news about the comeback date?
May 9, 2013 12:51 PM

Nov 2010
davidsantana27 said:
Any news about the comeback date?
No
May 11, 2013 8:20 AM
Dec 2009
i dont get the anding. the two dragon slayers slayed thair parents probably relatives to natsu´s father, their clan almost killed lucy. and he says "lets battle some more in future" ?
May 11, 2013 8:27 AM

Nov 2010
denir said:
i dont get the anding. the two dragon slayers slayed thair parents probably relatives to natsu´s father, their clan almost killed lucy. and he says "lets battle some more in future" ?
Yes that's Natsu. After Gajeel beat up Lucy multiple times while she was down, Natsu fought him, and then they had a nice chat about dragons.
May 11, 2013 7:06 PM

Feb 2010
Wow...that ending. Sh*t just got real, lol that's all I can say.
I have a really bad feeling about the continuation of the plot and hope I don't end up getting
super depressed because people start dropping like flies.

Tends to happen when the end is drawing near for some reason...especially when you've got people who are willing to fight till the end for their friends which seems sappy and overdone a lot but it really is a powerful theme, and what makes Fairy Tail so great! Yeah, but I'm kind of getting a similar feeling to what I get when I'm watching/reading Naruto...

*sigh*...now I have to wait patiently for a continuation...that is...if there is one.
(THERE BETTER BE!!)
May 12, 2013 11:25 AM

Mar 2013
That..... AAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

That cliffhanger >.< Levy-chan cryin'. Dragon grave.

Well, anyways, the last episode was pretty awesome. Natsu being badass ( as always ). The moment I was pretty moved was when everyone did the fairy tail hand sign.

I guess it's time to storm the manga. I really do want to know what happened to everyone. Thanks to that cliffhanger (>.>)

Gonna miss Gajeel and Happy moments. *sniff*
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 15, 2013 3:58 PM

Jul 2010
well that cliff hanger was just horrible. i'm dying for more. :(

just a quick question... with that ending is the anime still following the manga close enough where if there is ever is a continuation it won't be an original series?

May 15, 2013 4:14 PM

Apr 2008
Angel_Beats said:

just a quick question... with that ending is the anime still following the manga close enough where if there is ever is a continuation it won't be an original series?

Yes it was exactly the way it was in the manga
May 15, 2013 4:23 PM

Jul 2010
Darklight0303 said:
Angel_Beats said:

Yes it was exactly the way it was in the manga

looking good then. thanks for the quick response. ^^

May 15, 2013 4:33 PM

Apr 2008
No problem. Visual production value and the censorship might have been the flaws for this adaptation but in terms of following the source material it was pretty much spot on cept for a few minor design changes early on.
Jun 3, 2013 1:09 AM

Oct 2012
That 1 point difference, if only Sabertooth not forfeit the race match
They really forgot about Gajeel, no one help him until nightfall 0_0
Well, at least he found that graveyard

Wah actually nice to see Yukino again, but it seems she's a bad guylady or maybe just someone that used by that Dio-guy??

No, cliff hanger ending :(
Maybe I should read FT manga? What chapter is it? Anyone?
"Signature removed"
Jun 3, 2013 2:06 AM

Apr 2008
Ray_Light said:
That 1 point difference, if only Sabertooth not forfeit the race match
They really forgot about Gajeel, no one help him until nightfall 0_0
Well, at least he found that graveyard

Wah actually nice to see Yukino again, but it seems she's a bad guylady or maybe just someone that used by that Dio-guy??

No, cliff hanger ending :(
Maybe I should read FT manga? What chapter is it? Anyone?

Depends if you want to wait for the OVA to come out since that will animate chapter 298. Anime ended on chapter 297
Jun 3, 2013 1:02 PM

Dec 2012
Angel_Beats said:

So true, I'm just waiting impatiently for the next manga chapter every week, silly me.
Jun 4, 2013 5:44 PM

Jun 2012
What a shocking cliff-hanger, I'm having naive thoughts for feeling better, like, maybe they ended this to switch from broadcaster since the history is getting kind heavy for kids, than they can do better animation and remove censorship for all of us. It's the only way I would forgive them for this awesome and unbearable ending.
Jun 4, 2013 7:02 PM

Nov 2010
Snaita said:
What a shocking cliff-hanger, I'm having naive thoughts for feeling better, like, maybe they ended this to switch from broadcaster since the history is getting kind heavy for kids, than they can do better animation and remove censorship for all of us. It's the only way I would forgive them for this awesome and unbearable ending.
How is it getting heavy? And I don't think the anime needs to be censored, I haven't heard that the manga is any bloodier or has anything else like that that would need to be censored.

The anime was catching up to the manga and it had low tv ratings.
Jun 5, 2013 4:06 AM

Jun 2012
IntroverTurtle said:
How is it getting heavy? And I don't think the anime needs to be censored, I haven't heard that the manga is any bloodier or has anything else like that that would need to be censored.

Hmm, maybe I type it wrong. I said that the anime shouldn't be censored at least the sequel(if it comes) and I only said it was going to be "heavy" because of the impression the ending gave me. But one thing I'm certain, the anime is censored in regards to the manga, it's not difficult to notice by the way, stabbings without blood coming out is only one of the many examples.
Jun 5, 2013 5:03 AM

Apr 2008
IntroverTurtle said:
Snaita said:

It doesn't need to be censored but it was. compare Erza's state at the end of the 100 monster battle or Gajeel's battle where he got stabbed through the arm in the manga and not even close in the anime. Or when Gray got stabbed by Lyon and in the anime merely had a fuckin ice lion formed on his back. The anime was very censored in terms of gore.
Jun 5, 2013 12:07 PM

Nov 2010
Snaita said:
Hmm, maybe I type it wrong. I said that the anime shouldn't be censored at least the sequel(if it comes) and I only said it was going to be "heavy" because of the impression the ending gave me. But one thing I'm certain, the anime is censored in regards to the manga, it's not difficult to notice by the way, stabbings without blood coming out is only one of the many examples.
Why shouldn't it be censored? It might be censored compared to the manga, but almost all anime are like that, unless it's crucial, they tone it down. It doesn't take away from the story though. And the story didn't look heavy near the end, looked the same as always.

Darklight0303 said:
It doesn't need to be censored but it was. compare Erza's state at the end of the 100 monster battle or Gajeel's battle where he got stabbed through the arm in the manga and not even close in the anime. Or when Gray got stabbed by Lyon and in the anime merely had a fuckin ice lion formed on his back. The anime was very censored in terms of gore.
Do you have comparisons? Either way it's blood right, not guts or missing limbs? That doesn't sound necessarily needed on tv. Anyways there's no reason for them to go to another channel or timeslot and lower their amount of viewers just so they can add some blood which might not even gain viewers.
Jun 5, 2013 12:37 PM

Apr 2008

I don't even need to bother iwth how bloodied up Erza was versus the Anime bruised.
Jun 3, 2013 1:02 PM

Dec 2012
Angel_Beats said:

So true, I'm just waiting impatiently for the next manga chapter every week, silly me.
Jun 5, 2013 2:55 PM

Jun 2012
IntroverTurtle said:
Do you have comparisons? Either way it's blood right, not guts or missing limbs? That doesn't sound necessarily needed on tv. Anyways there's no reason for them to go to another channel or timeslot and lower their amount of viewers just so they can add some blood which might not even gain viewers.

Dude say what you say, it won't change the fact that the missing blood, censorship etc. it all changes the atmosphere in general, if it's more close to the source material all the better. And you say it might not gain viewers, true, but you can't say that the reason the show ended in the first place was not because of the censorship and plain animation either.
The reason I hate censorship is because the show turns less "real" and I think it's an affront to the mangaka to censor his work, but this is just me.
If they did the same to One Piece, I and a hell lot of people would drop the show long gone and stick to the manga.
SnaitaJun 6, 2013 7:32 AM
Jun 8, 2013 4:08 AM

Oct 2010
Fairy Tail started as one of my favorite shonen anime, but as the series progressed, it went downhill, because seeing main hero never falling dawn and owning uninteresting and weak villains isn't my type of excitement. And I blame the viewers cuz' obviously spouting hypocritical bullshit and one-shot destroying stronger enemies, thanks to deus ex machina that they pulled out of their ass, turns people on. Shame, as I liked quite a few of the characters.
Jun 8, 2013 8:47 AM

Nov 2010
Snaita said:
IntroverTurtle said:

Dude say what you say, it won't change the fact that the missing blood, censorship etc. it all changes the atmosphere in general, if it's more close to the source material all the better. And you say it might not gain viewers, true, but you can't say that the reason the show ended in the first place was not because of the censorship and plain animation either.
The reason I hate censorship is because the show turns less "real" and I think it's an affront to the mangaka to censor his work, but this is just me.
If they did the same to One Piece, I and a hell lot of people would drop the show long gone and stick to the manga.
Not really. Yes if they put in more blood, nudity, or whatever then they will have to change timeslots which would lower their amount of viewers. Battle shounen anime and night airing anime(the ones with a lot of blood or ecchi) air at different times due to families, etc and night airing anime survive on BD and DVD sales, battle shounens survive on ratings, you can't get ratings for a shounen show where all the shounens are sleeping.
Yes I can say it was because it was catching up to the manga and because it had bad tv ratings(like I said battle shounens run on those since they aren't expecting people to buy each season). And the reason why it had bad tv ratings could be just because they didn't like the show, One Piece doesn't have the best art or animation and censors stuff from the manga but is still one of the most watched shows in Japan.
No you're wrong, One Piece has had it's fair share of censoring since the beginning. Like I said, it's the story, characters, settings, etc that people mostly like, don't blame it on censorship that the anime failed.
Jul 23, 2013 2:32 PM

May 2012
God fucking dammit just when Gajeel finds something super interesting they stop the series! Damn this episode was totally intense and I don't see why they would even stop producing it here... either way I really loved this epic episode and especially Natsu not using his full power at all! Well when Fairy Tail ever gets its second season I'm sure to watch it! 9/10

Up to the Ova's and the specials!
Pages (8) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 »

More topics from this board

» According to you, who is the best waifu in Fairy Tail? ( 1 2 3 )

FruitPunchBaka - Mar 26, 2023

122 by removed-user »»
Yesterday, 5:41 AM

» Question for anime watchers

Killua7566 - Aug 9

36 by ChuckleFunker »»
Sep 21, 1:49 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

garfield15 - Mar 15, 2010

116 by Cammell »»
Sep 18, 12:34 PM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 )

francismeunier - Feb 1, 2010

81 by Cammell »»
Sep 16, 11:24 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

garfield15 - Jan 25, 2010

108 by Cammell »»
Sep 16, 10:27 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.