Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (21) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »
Apr 14, 2013 1:21 AM

Apr 2009
Ragix said:
pming said:

I think they're all about 10.

And anyway, being young is no excuse for acting like a brat. And fyi, I was defending Eren in episode one.

Some things he did and say in episode two are indefensible. Why do you think it included Mikasa punching him in the face and forcing him to eat bread?

Even I thought he was right in telling those soldiers off, but more props have to be given to Armin for defusing the situation.

And yes, I know Eren had just seen his mom get eaten, but he was still way off in accusing Armin of being livestock for telling him that he shouldn't go and fight the Titans.

Being about 12 and under is a perfect excuse for being a brat. There's no kid that doesn't act like a little prick every now and then and after all the crap that's going on here I wouldn't be surprised. He's as you say, 'expressing his emotions'. The others feel the same considering all the shit they went through, but they're trying to keep themselves together, but Eren can't do that since even before all this he has always despised living in those walls and the situation just broke him more.

Yeah, throwing the bread was dumb, calling Armin out like that was dick move, but he can't control his emotions right now. He's not like Mikasa who's always calm or Armin who uses his brains and common sense to realize their situation, so he just spoke out on how he felt.

I think people who have this problem with him will be more pleased with Eren soon though.

im so pissed at all these eren people bitching at him

hes 12, watched him mum get chewed on seen a giant ass titan smash down a wall

children can control emotions + giants + mum eaten

if people keep hating eren stop watching this
Apr 14, 2013 1:22 AM
Nov 2011
Ragix said:
pming said:

And anyway, being young is no excuse for acting like a brat. And fyi, I was defending Eren in episode one.

Some things he did and say in episode two are indefensible. Why do you think it included Mikasa punching him in the face and forcing him to eat bread?

Even I thought he was right in telling those soldiers off, but more props have to be given to Armin for defusing the situation.

And yes, I know Eren had just seen his mom get eaten, but he was still way off in accusing Armin of being livestock for telling him that he shouldn't go and fight the Titans.

Being about 12 and under is a perfect excuse for being a brat. There's no kid that doesn't act like a little prick every now and then and after all the crap that's going on here I wouldn't be surprised. He's as you say, 'expressing his emotions'. The others feel the same considering all the shit they went through, but they're trying to keep themselves together, but Eren can't do that since even before all this he has always despised living in those walls and the situation just broke him more.

Yeah, throwing the bread was dumb, calling Armin out like that was dick move, but he can't control his emotions right now. He's not like Mikasa who's always calm or Armin who uses his brains and common sense to realize their situation, so he just spoke out on how he felt.

I think people who have this problem with him will be more pleased with Eren soon though.

Just because I'm not happy with the way he acted in episode 2 does NOT mean I've given up on his character.

I've read the manga and was telling people to be more patient with Eren in episode one.

But ya know, we can't defend a character's behavior all the time. Sometimes, his actions are really not to be admired or defended.

That's why episode 2 had Mikasa punching him in the face and shoving bread into his mouth. Considering that THAT isn't in the manga, I think the anime staff was fully aware of how annoying Eren was being.
Apr 14, 2013 1:22 AM

Apr 2009
pming said:
shanimebib said:
pming said:
ssjokg said:
pming said:
ssjokg said:
NihonFalcom said:
Vizard said:
Man, the main character is a total brat.

Kaji Yuki's voice will do that to a character.

Whining about about a 10yrs old being normal makes you bigger brats.

Well, he is supposed to be a brat. Even Armin had to apologize for him acting like a brat.

It's best to not think of Eren is the (only) main character. Best think of the main trio as the MC.
Except that the "brat" was right.

When he was challenging the soldiers, he was right. When he was throwing the bread, he was being stupid. When he was accusing of Armin of being livestock, he was being really annoying.

When he was insisting that he'd go to Wall Maria straight away and start fighting titans, he was being suicidal.

Eren isn't always right.

Eren is shown as a 12 year old there (maybe younger, dunno). Should be a good rebuttal for everything you just said against him.

being 10

ur a brat + watching all he has , and hes grown up already lol

u people are brats like you people would do any better if this happend in real life
Apr 14, 2013 1:24 AM

Apr 2009
pming said:
Ragix said:
pming said:

Just because I'm not happy with the way he acted in episode 2 does NOT mean I've given up on his character.

I've read the manga and was telling people to be more patient with Eren in episode one.

But ya know, we can't defend a character's behavior all the time. Sometimes, his actions are really not to be admired or defended.

That's why episode 2 had Mikasa punching him in the face and shoving bread into his mouth. Considering that THAT isn't in the manga, I think the anime staff was fully aware of how annoying Eren was being.

have i missed something? where was he being annoying? he was being his age i would have hated if he was not like that after all wat has ahppend
Apr 14, 2013 1:25 AM

Apr 2010
Calumz said:
pming said:
Ragix said:
pming said:

have i missed something? where was he being annoying? he was being his age i would have hated if he was not like that after all wat has ahppend

You're not allowed to act your age when you have VA that everyone hates for w/e reason.
Apr 14, 2013 1:27 AM
Nov 2011
antonn said:
Calumz said:
pming said:
Ragix said:
pming said:

You're not allowed to act your age when you have VA that everyone hates for w/e reason.

Guys, Eren isn't the only 10 year old in the story.

Will you at least accept that he did and say stupid things in episode two?
pmingApr 14, 2013 1:33 AM
Apr 14, 2013 1:29 AM

Nov 2011
pming said:

Will you at least accept that he did and say stupid things in episode one?

Episode 2 yeah, but are you referring to when he was yelling at the guards in episode 1? I thought what he said was pretty logical.
Touch me, you filthy casual~
Apr 14, 2013 1:32 AM

Mar 2011
Who care about 10 years old brat annoyingness,enjoy the epic episode, thats all.
Apr 14, 2013 1:32 AM
Nov 2011
Ragix said:
pming said:

Will you at least accept that he did and say stupid things in episode one?

Episode 2 yeah, but are you referring to when he was yelling at the guards in episode 1? I thought what he said was pretty logical.

Correction, I meant 2.

It's like people are acting the only 10 year old whose mother got eaten by a Titan is Eren. Armin lost both his parents and his grandfather.
Apr 14, 2013 1:36 AM
Jun 2009
A main protagonist intent on xenocide? I'm liking him already.
Apr 14, 2013 1:37 AM

Jul 2010
Eren is too prideful; that's why he acts like a brat. Which is annoying, IMO. AND there's Yuki Kaji. Annoying as f***. Eren is indeed annoying because he is stupid i.e. because he said he'd rather die than leech off others, yet he wants to avenge his parents, which he cannot do if he dies.

But his character is what the plot demands of him, so I just let it pass. Still annoying though.

About the episode, btw. Fast-paced, establishing history and stuff. Decent overall.
The big brown fox jumps over the lazy dog
Apr 14, 2013 1:41 AM

Apr 2009
antonn said:
Calumz said:
pming said:
Ragix said:
pming said:

he is the main character if people dont want characters to show deph and go op at episode 1 why bother watching
Apr 14, 2013 1:42 AM

Apr 2009
pming said:
antonn said:
Calumz said:
pming said:
Ragix said:
pming said:

Will you at least accept that he did and say stupid things in episode two?

he didnt say stupid things

he said the truth
Apr 14, 2013 1:46 AM
Nov 2011
Bigbuffoon said:
Eren is too prideful; that's why he acts like a brat. Which is annoying, IMO. AND there's Yuki Kaji. Annoying as f***. Eren is indeed annoying because he is stupid i.e. because he said he'd rather die than leech off others, yet he wants to avenge his parents, which he cannot do if he dies.

But his character is what the plot demands of him, so I just let it pass. Still annoying though.

About the episode, btw. Fast-paced, establishing history and stuff. Decent overall.

He'll get better. Actually, I think he already did. He didn't resist after Mikasa's scolding. Also, he was more calm during the scene wherein Armin was grieving for his grandfather.

Also, plenty of people seems happy with his VA's grown-up voice.

During the training arc, we'll also see him make friends with the other trainees.
Apr 14, 2013 1:47 AM

Nov 2011
meneliksempai said:
Every single Emo Shounen Hero should be punched in the face, lets call it Male Bitch Slap.

If someone deserves a punch in the face it's Armin,not Eren. At least Eren was ready to do something,instead of bitching like a little girl...

"Yes young Eren ,give in your anger! Curse those ,who took your love ones from you. Let anger fill your heart and join me to the Dark side!" Now read it with Darth Sidious's(aka Emperor) voice:D
OnbuuApr 14, 2013 2:08 AM
Apr 14, 2013 1:47 AM

Dec 2007
Ragix said:

This. There are a lot worse people irl, acting like brats even when they're adults. Or in books: Twilight's Bella is even more of a brat than Eren is, and her mom wasn't even eaten by a giant right before her eyes.

I think it's Ok for Eren to be a dick once in a while. Mikasa and Armin are mature enough to put up with his shit. But he should grow at least. It's tiring if he's like that all the time.
Apr 14, 2013 1:51 AM

Nov 2011
pming said:
Bigbuffoon said:

He'll get better. Actually, I think he already did. He didn't resist after Mikasa's scolding. Also, he was more calm during the scene wherein Armin was grieving for his grandfather.

During the training arc, we'll also see him make friends with the other trainees.

Plus let's keep in mind the only reason why they all even joined the military at the end there is because of those characteristics Eren has which made him want to so frantically join and kill the titans. Mikasa essentially just goes where Eren does and Armin only joined since Eren said he would.

So I suppose as he said, the plot demands it.
Apr 14, 2013 1:56 AM
Nov 2011
Ragix said:
pming said:
Bigbuffoon said:

Plus let's keep in mind the only reason why they all even joined the military at the end there is because of those characteristics Eren has which made him want to so frantically join and kill the titans. Mikasa essentially just goes where Eren does and Armin only joined since Eren said he would.

I think the mangaka based the three on:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Id,_ego_and_super-ego

Eren's the Id. Armin is the Ego. Mikasa is the Super-Ego.
Apr 14, 2013 1:58 AM

Nov 2011
pming said:
Ragix said:
pming said:
Bigbuffoon said:

That's actually pretty damn cool. I wouldn't be surprised if it was, they fit with each one so perfectly.

How'd you come upon this idea?
Apr 14, 2013 2:03 AM
Nov 2011
Ragix said:
pming said:
Ragix said:
pming said:
Bigbuffoon said:

That's actually pretty damn cool. I wouldn't be surprised if it was, they fit with each one so perfectly.

How'd you come upon this idea?

It's actually very common. Star Trek's Kirk, Spock and McCoy are based on it. A lot of stories with trio main characters are inspired similarly.
Apr 14, 2013 2:16 AM

Oct 2012
Damn, the commander needs to calm his old man tits, well even though that's our typical military commanders today as well... sometimes

Mikasa is already one of my favourite females.

This ep adds this historical survival touch.

5/5
Alone on a Friday night? Remember that DIO did nothing wrong!
Apr 14, 2013 2:29 AM

Jan 2012
Great episode again. The armored titan was badass. Love the animation too, most shows this season are hurting my eyes.

Apr 14, 2013 2:34 AM
Feb 2011
Really impressed by the quality of the production so far. The new designs are really good, except maybe Mikasa because she looks like she's put on makeup and that kind of goes against her personality to look so feminine.

Also, I like that they present things in chronological order (so far). It makes it easier to immerse into and fixes the slightly messed up timeline the series has.
Apr 14, 2013 2:48 AM

Aug 2008
Seems sick. I'm calling it, his dad makes a super-soldier serum, MC is the test bed, mankind starts owning some bare ass on those things.
Apr 14, 2013 2:50 AM

Feb 2012
Another great episode. 250,000 and only 100 survivors. That's less than half of 1%
Apr 14, 2013 2:51 AM
Dec 2012
pming said:
ssjokg said:
NihonFalcom said:
Vizard said:

Well, he is supposed to be a brat. Even Armin had to apologize for him acting like a brat.

It's best to not think of Eren is the (only) main character. Best think of the main trio as the MC.

But it's already established that Armin is more reasonable than your average kid (recall into how he handled an argument in the 1st episode).

Am I his only fan so far? ^_^
Apr 14, 2013 2:55 AM

Dec 2012
The chaos continues and takes off right after the first episode, and then came the aftermath and things start to calm down. The emotions were great in this episode, coming from all 3 of the kids. Although I felt that the presentation wasn't as epic as the first episode, it gets a 5/5 from me nonetheless, since this ended on a resolution to train while the first episode ended on chaos, so it isn't really comparable.
Apr 14, 2013 3:00 AM

Jan 2011
Great soundtrack as always ^o^ And I really love the ED, sound so pretty
Towards the end, Chirsta and Mikasa look so pretty
Nice job, Mikasa, for punching Eren!
Apr 14, 2013 3:05 AM

Sep 2012
Wow I really loved this episode. You can really fell the hopelessness through the osts and Mikasa seems pretty cool.
Apr 14, 2013 3:10 AM

Apr 2013
just noticed

Armin's seiyuu is Yozora's from Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukinai.

At least now we know where Yozora's journey took her XD
...if you're going to say what you want to say, you're going to hear what you don't want to hear...
Apr 14, 2013 3:11 AM
Mar 2012
It's funny how the anime makes Eren seems more annoying than he is, I mean he's getting mad whenever someone says something
Apr 14, 2013 3:16 AM

Jul 2007
Well I guess it would not be MAL community if they did not call normal, realistic and human reactions "annoying". Oh well

Second episode was just as awesome as first (DAT OST) and they so far are mostly faithful to the manga, which is good(although the fear of anime-original ending still lingers on me).

Anyway, so the "prologue" part of story has ended and now we are about to get to even better stuff. I hope Production IG can do those story parts justice.
Apr 14, 2013 3:22 AM

Jun 2009
HidoiSan said:
just noticed

Armin's seiyuu is Yozora's from Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukinai.

At least now we know where Yozora's journey took her XD

LOL
XD
The spring I met you,

The spring without you.
Apr 14, 2013 3:24 AM

Aug 2010
EXCELLENT.
I'm so glad by how they're adapting the anime, they're doing a great job.
Another amazing episode, and that becautiful ED!
Apr 14, 2013 3:31 AM

Feb 2012
pming said:
Pknoctis said:
Why are some people bitching about Mikasa's look? What, she can't look hot and be badass at the same time?

Cause some manga readers forgot that in the training arc, her hair did become long

So you don't see the lipstick and the difference in her eyes?
Apr 14, 2013 3:31 AM

Oct 2009
This is FUCKING AMAZING! Dam...loving this!

Hope this level of quality persists through the whole season. In I.G i believe!
Apr 14, 2013 3:32 AM
Nov 2011
Joypad said:
pming said:
ssjokg said:
NihonFalcom said:
Vizard said:

But it's already established that Armin is more reasonable than your average kid (recall into how he handled an argument in the 1st episode).

Am I his only fan so far? ^_^

It's okay to lash out at the soldiers. Not okay to lash out at your friend who is trying to stop you from getting yourself killed.

Note when Mikasa punched Eren. It was right after he called Armin livestock.
Apr 14, 2013 3:36 AM

Apr 2013
AMAZING............!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
This anime give the best graphic design,camera view,soundback........

This episode I can watch Mikasa really really Distinc Girl..
However she really really have affection with Eren..

I wonder about Mikasa past,there was something happened with her?
Apr 14, 2013 3:37 AM

Nov 2012
Zhou said:
pming said:
Pknoctis said:
Why are some people bitching about Mikasa's look? What, she can't look hot and be badass at the same time?

Cause some manga readers forgot that in the training arc, her hair did become long

no she's still hot. IMO I love her anime looks.
Your so-called peaceful world makes me bored, so don't blame me if I destroy all of it.
- http://worldinverse.smackjeeves.com
Apr 14, 2013 3:39 AM
Dec 2012
pming said:
shanimebib said:
pming said:
shanimebib said:
pming said:
ssjokg said:
pming said:
ssjokg said:
NihonFalcom said:
Vizard said:

When he was challenging the soldiers, he was right. When he was throwing the bread, he was being stupid. When he was accusing of Armin of being livestock, he was being really annoying.

When he was insisting that he'd go to Wall Maria straight away and start fighting titans, he was being suicidal.

Eren isn't always right.

Eren is shown as a 12 year old there (maybe younger, dunno). Should be a good rebuttal for everything you just said against him.

It's just an anime. We move on.

Of course, it's just an anime. I'm explaining why Eren isn't completely right all the time even if he's the MC. And especially not when he's acting like a brat.

I've read the manga. This isn't one of those series with a Gary Stu MC who's right all the time. It's one of those wherein the MC learn hard lessons, grow up and learn (from others).

In episode 1, Eren was the one who is the most right. In episode 2, it's Armin and Mikasa, and even Hannes who is the most right.

Except that nobody suggested that Eren is always right in any of the quotes above. I only see a reference of him "being right" when he's accusing the soldiers for judging a situation without having a first-hand experience.

Nobody is always right, regardless of age. Not even you.
Apr 14, 2013 3:39 AM
Nov 2011
WorldInverse said:
Zhou said:
pming said:
Pknoctis said:

no she's still hot. IMO I love her anime looks.

Check out the start of the training arc (in the manga). She looked prettier than usual. The scene wherein one of the other trainees was clearly besotted by her.

I'm just getting a bit tired of all the complaints about lipstick. You can be a badass gal and still like to wear makeup.
Apr 14, 2013 3:42 AM
Nov 2011
Joypad said:
pming said:
shanimebib said:
pming said:
shanimebib said:
pming said:
ssjokg said:
pming said:
ssjokg said:
NihonFalcom said:
Vizard said:

Eren isn't always right.

It's just an anime. We move on.

Of course, it's just an anime. I'm explaining why Eren isn't completely right all the time even if he's the MC. And especially not when he's acting like a brat.

I've read the manga. This isn't one of those series with a Gary Stu MC who's right all the time. It's one of those wherein the MC learn hard lessons, grow up and learn (from others).

In episode 1, Eren was the one who is the most right. In episode 2, it's Armin and Mikasa, and even Hannes who is the most right.

Except that nobody suggested that Eren is always right in any of the quotes above. I only see a reference of him "being right" when he's accusing the soldiers for judging a situation without having a first-hand experience.

Nobody is always right, regardless of age. Not even you.

You missed - "Except that the "brat" was right."
Apr 14, 2013 3:50 AM

Feb 2013
man that ost makes me jizz , another awesome episode 10/5
Apr 14, 2013 4:05 AM

Jul 2011
Great episode! That giant with silver hair is really fast, damn, but how did they resist the attack of the giant until the timeskip ?
Apr 14, 2013 4:10 AM
Jun 2008
ainky said:
Great episode! That giant with silver hair is really fast, damn, but how did they resist the attack of the giant until the timeskip ?
The giant need to wait for the MC to grow stronger in order for a better fight in the future.
Apr 14, 2013 4:16 AM

Jun 2011
Another great episode. Nothing more to say
5/5
"Nobody knows what the future holds. That's why its potential is infinite"- Rintarou Okabe
Apr 14, 2013 4:23 AM

Jul 2008
ryusa said:
I wonder about Mikasa past,there was something happened with her?

Yeah, it should be expounded on in a couple of episodes I guess. Considering current pace I'd hazard a guess at three, four tops.

Notice how she's Ackremann, while Eren's surname is Jaeger. It would be hard to imagine her not living with her family if nothing happened to her at some point...

ainky said:

Or they didn't and the giant/armoured combo just didn't feel like bringing down more walls for unclear titanic reasons.
Apr 14, 2013 4:31 AM
Oct 2012
And i found my favourit char in this anime, the priest of doom lulz
Apr 14, 2013 4:44 AM
Oct 2010
ainky said:

They didn't actually resist the attack of the giants. The super titans only broke through two walls, the one for the "bait" town and then one of the actual main walls and stopped there.
Apr 14, 2013 4:50 AM

Feb 2012
Next would probably about the politics and the hardships they'll face on training to be a better fighter.

Seriously, Mikasa appearance looks more attractive in the anime. That glorius lips.
Pages (21) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 28, 2013

1654 by AlocalAnimeFan »»
May 19, 1:43 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 6, 2013

1555 by flimmyjimmy »»
May 19, 10:59 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 21, 2013

921 by _akshatts_ »»
May 12, 6:13 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 31, 2013

991 by kzen_sno »»
May 10, 10:38 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

VioLink - Apr 20, 2013

851 by ozrodger46 »»
May 6, 7:21 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.