Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (13) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »
Mar 27, 2013 11:47 AM

May 2009
I post spoiler from 8th novel.
Mar 27, 2013 12:08 PM

Aug 2011
Red_Keys said:
. Sorata was by far the best character.

QFT

Thought he would've been generic harem lead # 53626 in the first ep, but later on I REALLY grew onto him.

Shiina though... meh.
Mar 27, 2013 12:21 PM

Nov 2008
I'm disappointed there isn't a lip to lip kiss. :,(

Overall 8/10.
Mar 27, 2013 12:27 PM
Jul 2012
bastek66 said:

That's cool!
Mar 27, 2013 12:28 PM

Mar 2013
Red_Keys said:

And then when Shiina was telling that guy to take his clothes off.. I know it's just her personality or whatever.. but that pissed me off too.

EXACTLY! I hated that guy for it! If He touches Mashiro even once, he's gonna get plan C. But i heard he's a good guy tho.
bastek66 said:

Where do you get those translated novels? :O
Mar 27, 2013 12:31 PM
Jan 2012
3 words...
Best
Ending
EVER!!!
Mar 27, 2013 12:34 PM

May 2012
I love Jin and Misaki, really happy to see how their relationship ended. Rita totally played with Ryunusuke again, but he really deserved it. Sorata and Mashiro will forever be the cutest couple, too bad for Aoyama...

I didn't cry like in episode 23, but it was sweet, touching, and I'm so glad I watched this show.
Mar 27, 2013 1:07 PM

May 2009
Egoi said:
bastek66 said:

Where do you get those translated novels? :O

Translation was on animesuki.
Mar 27, 2013 1:31 PM

Dec 2011
Aah. Loved it.
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Mar 27, 2013 5:12 PM

Dec 2012
-MgZ_ said:
Wow, this is actually a great ending despite the bad second cour. Now I don't know if I will score it 6 or 7....

Story - 6/10
Art - 7/10
Animation - 7/10
Characters - 6/10
Sound - 6/10
Overall Enjoyment - 6/10

Its 6/10 I guess. Great final episode but well, can't make up for the other bullshit episodes.

This exactly. 6/10 overall.
Mar 27, 2013 5:27 PM

Oct 2012
I really enjoyed it! Kind of disappointed that Shiina and Sorata didn't get a kiss, but it was still really sweet :)
Mar 27, 2013 5:48 PM
Mar 2013
A Not so Good ending

I thought this Anime was great for the first few episodes but slowly it went downhill that there was more Stupid and disappointing episodes one after another. i was expecting a comeback for the Ending but they just disappointed me more. Ending was fine but not that good. Unfortunately the ending didnt make up for most of the annoying episodes so im gonna give this one a 5/10 it wouldbe been 8/10 if the ending was so great but clearly this just disaappointed me :(
Mar 27, 2013 5:51 PM

Jun 2012
I uploaded the ending of the episode (and saved it in my personal "Best of Anime" folder ^^) b/c I loved it so much.

Mar 27, 2013 6:30 PM

Aug 2012
Very nice anime, its perfect show when having a bad day!

I disliked the romance wasnt really focused at Kanda and Shina, ending with check kiss. I think there is no reason to make 2nd season, It may be highly disliked.

I am giving a 8 :)
Mar 27, 2013 8:05 PM

Oct 2011
AAaaahhh.. Mashiro didn't get a real kiss D: A kiss on the cheek is better than nothing, but Mashiro deserved a real kiss and I wanted to see it soo bad :/
Well, at least the other kisses were nice.

A pretty nice series, though some character's reasonings sometimes were odd and while I think Sotaro was fine as a main character, the possibility of an even better series with a slightly better main character is really high.

It has been some time since I've seen a show where the complete main cast was to my liking and even the ideal pairings came out. Nanami is a really nice girl and her dialect is pretty cute and it is really too bad that she ended up alone. Sometimes girls who would win most love battles have to end up alone because their love rival is too nice like in this case.
Mashiro is very pretty and has nice characteristics, in my eyes there aren't many characters who could compete with her, let alone win against her.

9/10 from my side. :)
Mar 27, 2013 9:08 PM

Oct 2011
I so love the ending! nicely concluded! will read the light novel afterwards. fufufu~
Mar 27, 2013 9:11 PM

Mar 2012
Great series,was my favorite from the fall and winter seasons 9/10
Mar 27, 2013 9:56 PM

Dec 2012
ONE THOUSAND OUT OF TEN.
WOULD WATCH AGAIN.
I enjoyed this so much from start to finish.
If an OVA or second season is coming, I will have a heart attack.
Save the Lungs, Rock the Gums.
Mar 27, 2013 11:26 PM

Oct 2012
true drama... 9/10

Mar 28, 2013 1:08 AM
Mar 2013
This episode is the perfect set - up for a second season with most characters coming back and the introduction of some interesting personalities.

Shina said it herself: "not now, there's more to come" or something like that.

Has a second season been confirmed?
Mar 28, 2013 1:19 AM

Dec 2012
guntrix said:

Never gonna happen bro.
Mar 28, 2013 1:45 AM
Mar 2013
tsudecimo said:
guntrix said:

Never gonna happen bro.

Weird. I thought this whole episode was done to introduce fairly interesting characters, bring back Nanami, and take the love part of the series to another level.

They could've ended the series on the last episode alone.
Mar 28, 2013 6:11 AM

Jun 2008
24:

This has got to be the most annoying 7/10 anime I have ever watched.

I hated so many of the characters in this series throughout the broadcast. I hated how Sorata was so incredibly stupid and dense. I hated how Nanami was such a cliched tsundere. I hated Jin and Misaki for having verbal diabetes. I hated all of the melodrama. However as the final two episodes came on, my frustration were just all blown away. By the time the ending song of the final episode started playing I could only think about how I actually enjoyed the finale so much I could forgive the fact that 75% of the anime left me with nothing but frustration and annoyance.

In fact now that it's been a few days since I watched the ending I'm starting to think it doesn't deserve a 7/10 after all. But the ending was seriously one of the strongest I've seen in a Romantic Drama in a long time. I'll leave it at a 7 for now, but normally shows like this will definitely be a 6.
Mar 28, 2013 6:44 AM

Aug 2009
So I gave Sakurasou a 9.
The only thing that I really cared for was Mashiro and Sorata's releationship.
Haven't read the novel or knowing anything about the plot, I prayed each and every episode that they would actually become a couple, but once it became clear that the story centers around Sakurasou itself kind of killed the show for me :/
I would have given it a 10 if the focus was on Mashiro and Sorata instead.

I had some issues with a few of the characters as well.
And I feel that they overplayed episode 23 with the graduation, I did not feel a thing during that episode. Compared to the ending of GJ-bu when they had their own graduation, it was quiet and subtle and made me tear up like a baby. Sure I might be nitpicky, but those things really matters.
RewstonMar 28, 2013 6:49 AM
Mar 28, 2013 6:55 AM

Dec 2012
Rewston said:
So I gave Sakurasou a 9.
The only thing that I really cared for was Mashiro and Sorata's releationship.
Haven't read the novel or knowing anything about the plot, I prayed each and every episode that they would actually become a couple, but once it became clear that the story centers around Sakurasou itself kind of killed the show for me :/
I would have given it a 10 if the focus was on Mashiro and Sorata instead.

I had some issues with a few of the characters as well.
And I feel that they overplayed episode 23 with the graduation, I did not feel a thing during that episode. Compared to the ending of GJ-bu when they had their own graduation, it was quiet and subtle and made me tear up like a baby. Sure I might be nitpicky, but those things really matters.

Then why are you giving it a 9 o.o ?
Mar 28, 2013 8:17 AM

Aug 2010
Every pair gets their kiss BUT the main one? F you Sakurasou you could have at least done that much to make up for the abysmal second part of the season. 2,5/5.

The last few scenes before the ED started playing really reminded how enjoyable this show was when it focused on the humor it done right, and not on the overblown, overplayed and overdragged dramafest that was painful to sit through.

5/10. I was thinking of giving it a 6, but no kiss, lazy recap for the ED made me reconsider. Too bad, I was really happy when I heard Days of Dash, a great song and fitting for the first half of the season as well.
Mar 28, 2013 9:28 AM

Sep 2012
The series has its ups and downs, including a lot of drama that seems a bit forced or blown oversized. However, this episode wraps up everything pretty well and it even gives enough space for a briefing of the beginning of a new phase. And I am pleased to see that everyone, in particularly Sorata, seems to have really grown more mature by the end. Also it does not show too clearly that the story will head towards a Mashiro route, thus giving hope to both shipping sides among the anime watchers (except the LN readers of course who already know how the novel goes). Art-wise and music-wise this episode is also pretty good too.
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Mar 28, 2013 12:50 PM

Oct 2012
guntrix said:
tsudecimo said:
guntrix said:

Never gonna happen bro.

Weird. I thought this whole episode was done to introduce fairly interesting characters, bring back Nanami, and take the love part of the series to another level.

They could've ended the series on the last episode alone.
Well, it's more of a safe ending. It's open enough to leave room for a second season if they decide to make one, or if not, it will still satisfy a lot of people because it tied up most of the loose ends.
Mar 28, 2013 1:34 PM

Nov 2011
overall great anime kept me interested through it all and that's all i can ask ,lost momentum in the midlle and towards the end but came back with some great epsiodes ,so no worries ,don't think it must have a second season as it seems like things were wrapped up but if it happens it'll be welcomed by me
- Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until they speak.

- The biggest challenge in life is being yourself… In a world trying to make you like everyone else
Mar 28, 2013 2:43 PM

Aug 2012
loved the ending montage, so powerful
Mar 28, 2013 4:27 PM

Jul 2010
Lotsa kisses! Shame we didn't actually got to see Mashiro and Sorata kiss. Maybe Nanami still has a chance. ;)

The new residents are interesting. And wow, Misaki already submitted their marriage proposal and even moved in next door. So cute, yet so dangerous. :P

Lovely ending to the series. Sometimes it was a little melodramatic, but I really liked it in the end. 7/10.

Mar 28, 2013 4:43 PM

Aug 2012
I liked the second to last episode more. this last episode felt too melancholic/bittersweet. idk. finales always feel a bit empty
Mar 28, 2013 6:04 PM
Jul 2018
Congratz on the er ... cheek kiss, bro!

Anyway, pretty nice show overall, although I don't like the over reaction here and there but I love how it portrayed the sad reality of life: hard work does not always bear fruit.

The ending seems to open some possibilities for next season I guess, probably gonna watch it if it comes out. 8/10
Mar 28, 2013 8:26 PM

Mar 2013
I find that the last 2 episode saved this anime from an average to a masterpiece for me. I found i could relate to the emotions felt by the Sakurasou students.
Mar 28, 2013 11:08 PM

Oct 2012
That moment when they played Days of Dash just made me so happy. I don't think I've ever smiled so wide in my life before :D

Mar 29, 2013 12:42 AM

Jul 2012
The scene with the marriage papers... HHHHHHHNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGG

Kissing seen with Mashiron and Sorata when Sorata just froze, pure GOLD. Funniest thing I've seen in a while.

I really like this show, although sometimes the drama really did feel forced. One thing that annoys me is why wasn't there some sort of confession mutual love acknowledgement thing?! I mean sure they yelled out their feelings at one point or another and they both basically know they like each other, but why can't we have something concrete?! Is that so much to ask?! DX
Those are my only complaints though, when it did it well the drama was good, and this show made me laugh more than anything in a long while
8/10 seems good

It would be cool to see a small sequel if it had some solid development in it, maybe just something 12 episodes or so.

If you really want to fit in, just put Legend of the Galactic Heroes in your top 5 and have it be the only 10-rated anime in your list.
Mar 29, 2013 3:37 PM

Oct 2011
NOOOOO it can't be over already??! D: What am I going to do with myself!!!
Gosh, I enjoyed this anime 10x more then I thought I would. Every character is likable too. Rita being my absolute favorite, followed by Jin.
So happy the couples kissed too.. lol except for Mashiro and Sorata? whut?

I'm really hoping for a second season, since they introduced new characters.
This anime deserves a 10/10 for me. It made me cry quite a bit too.
LuxtressMar 29, 2013 3:44 PM
Mar 30, 2013 4:26 AM

Jan 2011
This was really good, last episode was stupid imo but I really liked this one. Finally a happy ending that isn't lame! 7/10, very entertaining but there was some lame moments here and there.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Mar 30, 2013 6:31 AM
Mar 2013
there was a person who worked harder than anyone in this show and that person is
oyama-chan it's unfair to not put a good ending to her why T-T?!
Mar 30, 2013 8:32 AM

May 2009
Thouzer said:
there was a person who worked harder than anyone in this show and that person is
oyama-chan it's unfair to not put a good ending to her why T-T?!

What do you mean? She still will try for voice acting. How is it worse than others ending?
Mar 30, 2013 9:04 AM

May 2012
wanted to see mashiro and sorata kiss, but I guess a cheek kiss is better than nothing XD

I actually thought the ending was wrapped up pretty well, and the graduation episode was really sad q,q
Mar 30, 2013 10:13 AM

Aug 2009
tsudecimo said:

Then why are you giving it a 9 o.o ?

Despite all the issues I had with the show, it was still damn good.
Mar 30, 2013 6:04 PM

Feb 2013
Although episodes 20-23 were kinda hard to watch because of the in-your-face drama, the last episode took the series home. It was good to see the new residents move in and nice to know that it ended on a positive note.
Mar 30, 2013 9:56 PM

Mar 2013
The flashbacks made me cry so bad :c Im definitely going to miss this anime.
Mar 31, 2013 8:06 AM

Oct 2012
Not a bad anime but i really wanted the kiss between Sorata and Mashiro...
Misaki you can't wait really !!
Still i was expecting more for the anime but with this ending it's Ok i guess...
Mar 31, 2013 9:29 AM
May 2012
For me, Sakurasou pretty much handled every genre well throughout the anime, from drama to comedy and even the romance scenes.

At first i was expecting this ia a sort of romance between Sorata and Mashiro, then there i see Sorata try to do something for himself, and see how he reacts to failure, same goes to Nanami too, and even the interactions between the characters, those scenes felt real to me. Though i middle episodes were kinda so-so, The episodes leading to the ending were pretty damn good. The ending was OK, but i guess it's a good way to end the series.

8/10
Mar 31, 2013 10:26 AM

Sep 2011
Kinda glad they didn't go with an original ending, but it will only pay off if it ever gets a second season.

Kinda liked how Nanami was handled. She started off as a character I absolutely didn't like, but kinda grew on me as the show progressed. Also Ryuunosuke = best male character of the season and a nice couple with Rita. Sadly both had too little screentime.
Mar 31, 2013 4:23 PM

Aug 2011
Wow. I didn't expect new characters to move in and echo the beginning scene with Shiina. It's pretty sweet with what happened to Jin and Misaki, Ryuunosuke and Rita. Aoyama always draws the short straw but she's holding herself back. Despite that, I still love her character and how she perseveres through challenges.

I think this show really became special to me early on when they snuck in to the pool and afterwards, saw the fireworks display. This show is especially good at uplifting my spirits after submitting the characters to some heavy drama. It worked on me, I believe in the characters and carry a fondness to all the inhabitants of Sakurasou.

Adored both the OP's and ED's but I think the first batch beats the second. Although, all of them felt spot on and gave the same comforting warmth as the show itself. Loved the visual presentation and the pastel colours in general.

And that ending, with the build-up of the new painting, with each character appearing individually along with their most memorable moments, all playing to Days of Dash… Yep, it's a 10/10 from me. I loved it a little too much.
Mar 31, 2013 4:47 PM

Jul 2010
9/10 There was too much drama but which made the series a bit depressing but I could still enjoy it because at least these characters are able to move forward.

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger.

So...Hauhau's bro is a pervert who wants to get with girls - Jin can get any girl he wants.
Kanna is ranked top in her grade - So is Misaki (I think?)
You may read this quote , "However, by that point you'll have been torn to pieces."
Mar 31, 2013 7:13 PM

May 2009
MysticHaze said:
So...Hauhau's bro is a pervert who wants to get with girls - Jin can get any girl he wants.
Kanna is ranked top in her grade - So is Misaki (I think?)

Kanna is also a pervert.
Pages (13) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 8, 2012

289 by Nayasianboy »»
May 21, 6:31 AM

Poll: » Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 18, 2013

402 by HandSonicPlayer »»
May 4, 11:16 AM

Poll: » Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Oct 22, 2012

246 by Kristhian1_ »»
May 1, 2:28 PM

Poll: » Best Girl

Shizuna - Mar 23, 2022

29 by Mochi_i »»
Mar 31, 10:42 AM

Poll: » Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 11, 2013

227 by JoaoPedru »»
Mar 24, 11:43 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.