Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (19) « First ... « 8 9 [10] 11 12 » ... Last »
Mar 24, 2013 11:09 PM

Jul 2011
XartaX said:
^

Huuuuuuuuuuuuh? Did you even read my post? Apparantly not. That said, my quote up there is supposed to say "A little temporary safety", not "a bit of security".

Look man, there is a lot of variants on the term of safety, at least talking for myself when i say the Sybil system is unsafe, i mean it NOT in the sense that can't conserve the people away from harm, bu in the sense that the system itself is highly vulnerable, in a lot of ways, indeed is more subjective to get abandoned or destroyed than a lot of actual bureaucracies of today, so to speak some examples of it flaws:

The fallacy that it is a computer or virtual entity governing instead of a cooperative of selected human consciousness, the scarce man power assigned to defend the system, the way the system scans troublesome individuals which is its greater defense as well as its weakness (this point here is what Makishima showed us, and it was left unresolved, since neither the system was upgraded nor replaced), let alone how a foreign entity could come and affect it, a mentally weakened population, which live secluded form the rest of the world, on that note that will lend them to an state of stagnation being unable to bypass a certain point most probably assuming the system gets completed, a thing that is impossible even if Sybil manage to become global, since with each new human born the possibility for new variables to escape the brain community control that forms Sybil is permanent.

Now other point against how safe the Sybil system is: its model to define the life occupation of people is defined for a present assumption, by the limited world of those brains amalgam, apart from the critics where exposed on the series, the fact that it is ineffectively managing its source to evolve means that a lot of recourse are getting wasted, in the sense that they are forbidden to explore themselves and develop, if lets say Makishima was destined to an activity selected by Sybil on an early age is highly possible the opportunity to add him later to the system would had never arose, nevertheless he was killed and the system lost an important upgrade. but who knows hoe much of these the system has manage to castrate at this point, this is what we call a slow self-destruction, when you destroy your means of advancement.

And that is what i mean by an unsafe system, which allows to host a vulnerable population, while it hinders its own means to advance. you see on the book 1984 a similar system is created, which cannibalizes itself on the name of stability, yet even such a system that is going nowhere but that is neither dying is more safe than Sybil, safe not in the sense of people being secure from people, but in the sense of its survival.

TL;DR.

In short the society hosted by Sybil is death, since it cannot advance, being in art politics or science, is stagnated to a lord with limited means, but omnipresence, is a panopticon a jail, where order is ensured but freedom is not. and a system with such qualities is unsafe. on correlation yes the people inside Sybil have peace inside a vulnerable system that inhibits them from growing, while the majorities of the systems of our present world have internal chaos while they expand and become harder to overthrow.

Both of them are awful, a system like what Akane proposes where the people and the system are safe and developing is the ideal, but sadly it ended there, she didn't decided to make a mission to envision such a system, she decided to alienate herself with Sybil despite all.

On the other hand we do have people working on developing a better way to erect a society, some use the debate, discussion, polemics, others even go to war. Makishima doesn't count as one of such people, since he never proposed an alternative to the actual system, as it was already said inside the anime itself, he was different from your usual definition of anarchist, nevertheless that doesn't not meant that there where no reasons to destroy Sybil.
Mar 25, 2013 12:57 AM

Jun 2011
Very satisfied with this ending. Awesome series! It started out a bit slow but turned into pure epicness after the 10th episode.
I didn't really know what kind of ending they would make or what would be good, but this worked out really well :) An inexplicable "good" ending wouldn't have been fit for this anime, I'm glad it ended like this. I would really love to give this show 10/10 but I guess I'll stick with 9/10 because of the first third of the season.
Mar 25, 2013 1:39 AM

Oct 2012
Such a contrived ending. Psycho-pass system acted out of character to usher along the conclusion, explaining things to Akane that only serve to put itself in bad light. Makashima, which seems so flawless in the execution of his plans, lets an inopportune slip alerting Kogami to his plans and sticking around after failure. Akane gets her act together almost on command, but her entire philosophy is so ignorant that it becomes hard to sit through her narrative: the law doesn't support society, but society should support the law is mere wish projection, like digging your head in the sand and then pretending to breathe. For a series with so much philosophical posturing, it's disappointing that it reaches the same ignorant conclusion of a typical shounen purporting love and peace.

And I'm still a bit bothered that Akane's eyes are at least 3 times the size of the next character...

I give it a flat 6/10. Decently entertaining, but tries to be too smart for it's own good. It builds up expectation, but doesn't deliver. Instead of pushing the drama, taking 2 steps forward and 1 step back, it takes 2 steps forward and 2 steps back. Episode 10-11 is a perfect example, building up the drama to a feverish pitch, but instead of taking the next step, the show diffuses the tension that it has worked so hard for by making the next episode a flashback. It's a shame the director didn't have the courage to be bold like he clearly wants to.
My subjective reviews: katsureview.wordpress.com
THE CHAT CLUB.
Mar 25, 2013 4:45 AM

Mar 2010
For a final episode, this felt weak. For an episode, this was very good. The dying walk reminded me of Light's in DN. The only difference is that Makishima's insanity isn't so obvious. Still, he made me sick. He was nothing but a deluded sociopath. Had he actually done something useful to stop Sybil, I would have liked him. But the only thing he seemed to want to do was cause chaos and death for no reason. I won't miss him the least bit.

Story: Really enjoyable anime. I really liked the moral discussions, although I feel like they were VERY one sided. Pretty much everyone had the same view at stuff but they just went differently about them. I also felt that it focused too much on the characters and drama in favour of the story. For something based on morality, justice and philosophy was the relationship/character focus overdone IMO. I love the basic idea of this way too much and I can't get enough of philosophical shows so I still loved this.

Characters: The only character I really liked was Akane. Other characters were either too hate-able (Makishima), too cliche (Kougami, Kagari), too predictable/boring (Ginoza, Masaoka) or with as much screen time as the wheat field. Now that I think of it, the wheat field was quite an interesting character.

I really liked the way the ending was done, though. The way it mirrored the beginning was really epic. I don't think this should get 2nd season because I don't feel like there's need to resolve anything else. Sybil is clearly needed until humanity will change and that SHOULD be left hanging because I doubt humanity will ever reach a stage of perfect peace. So Sybil or something similar will always be needed.

All in all, I'll rate this 8/10.
Mar 25, 2013 4:59 AM

Oct 2012
HikaruIzumi said:
Sybil is clearly needed until humanity will change and that SHOULD be left hanging because I doubt humanity will ever reach a stage of perfect peace. So Sybil or something similar will always be needed.
That is why I think Akane's conclusion is so insulting. She arrived at the same premise as Makishima but she lacked the resolve to make a meaningful determination. Her disdain of the Sybil system is quite hypocritical, considering she cannot come up with any realistic alternative, instead preferring to be deluded by an impossible idealism. Makishima, while flawed, at least sought change that was achievable.
THE CHAT CLUB.
Mar 25, 2013 6:41 AM

Sep 2010
That ending was fucking awesome.... So basically you're back to where you started.... You can't defeat the SYSTEM.....

5/5 for the final episode....

9/10 for the series.... EPIC anime....
Mar 25, 2013 7:18 AM

Mar 2010
katsucats said:
That is why I think Akane's conclusion is so insulting. She arrived at the same premise as Makishima but she lacked the resolve to make a meaningful determination. Her disdain of the Sybil system is quite hypocritical, considering she cannot come up with any realistic alternative, instead preferring to be deluded by an impossible idealism. Makishima, while flawed, at least sought change that was achievable.

The change was never achievable. The only thing he would achieve is fall of Sybil. But something similar would rise in the place simply because humanity NEEDS it. This show hinted at it so crazily that I don't understand how you missed it. Humanity will constantly be overcome by its own violent nature. In order to control it something else has to exist. Sure, it's not perfect but people DO realise it. No one in the whole show said it was perfect. But it's WAY better than letting murders or thieves or similar run wild. Humans will need to fundamentally change in order for Sybil not to be needed. It's possible for that to happen one day but it's not guaranteed. Just look at how nearly everyone started committing crimes when they had the chance. Do you seriously believe they would just go on living peacefully without Sybil? Really? After so many people became berserk just because they could?

Once Sybil was working, everything became more peaceful again. How is that wrong at this point? Akane hates Sybil but isn't mad as Makishima and knows they can't live without it for now. That's not idealistic, that's realistic and rational, accepting something you hate just because you know others would suffer without it.
SuiNoByakkoMar 25, 2013 7:22 AM
Mar 25, 2013 7:47 AM

May 2008
9/10 epic series this was one of my fav series in the they couldn't defeat the system "yet" but i hope it gets a sequel probably with some new main chara but lets see the ending was great anyway i would watch a second season but i would be satisfied with this ending overall it was a good series.
Mar 25, 2013 9:11 AM

Dec 2011
I couldn't imagine better ending than this one. I'll remember it as a great, gripping story with extraordinary characters and catchy OSTs. Really love the series; would recommend every person I know.
Of course 10/10. One of the best I've seen so far AND it's probably the first time I loved the female protagonist (Akane, you're the best!) :)
Mar 25, 2013 9:40 AM
May 2012
I wanna see the Sibyl gets destroyed!! Because I hated it about what happened especially the evil laugh at the end before it skips to 2 months later (?).

IF it finally does, the entire bullshit plan should be over! Goddamn the show is finally ended with some loose ends all over the place.
Mar 25, 2013 12:24 PM

Jul 2012
Wtf!? The main character is MIA on the second half of the last episode...
What happened to him?
He and akane sould be together at least as partners...
There better be a season 2

Anyway great series overal 8/10
I hate the word “fate.” Birth, encounters, partings, success and failures, fortune and misfortunes in life. If our lives are already set in stone by fate, then why are we even born? There are those born to wealthy families, those born to beautiful mothers, and those born into the middle of war or poverty. If that’s all caused by fate, then God is incredibly unfair and cruel. Because, ever since that day, none of us had a future and the only certain thing was that we wouldn’t amount to anything. - Takakura Shouma
Mar 25, 2013 12:42 PM
Feb 2013
symbv said:
AnimageNeby said:
Ah you mean like that. In some far away future, people just won't be aggressive anymore, won't kill anymore, etc., so the system won't be needed anymore neither? Something like that? Hmmm...Well, it's a good point, but it seems rather far-fetched to me. If humanity is so evolved in the far future they won't kill anymore, they won't kill the brains neither, after all. And however you turn it; the potential 'acceptance' of the system will happen much sooner than their 'no-need-for-the-system'-feeling (if that ever comes). Also, by the wording Akane used, my interpretation is a bit different. It's unlikely she meant it in a way to say 'well, we'll one day be evolved so much that all people will behave even without the system being there, so the necessity for it will go away, and the plug can be pulled.' It seemed rather she said it in the way of 'the people won't stand for it/won't put up with it'...but that sounds rather like the more immature, irrational behaviour, then. If they still have that behaviour - and can't rationally accept the system, as Akane did - they won't have the attitude/behaviour to not cause trouble to others neither. The intolerance towards the system she speaks of, does not bode well for their capacity to deal with others, which is necessary if they truly want to (or claim they can) live without the system, and yet without the chaos Akane now thinks there will be.
Not sure what "evolve" you have in mind - society evolution? Biological evolution (so that no more aggressivity)? Actually I mean that she may be just hoping for something not too different from where we are now. Instead of throwing all the character judgement and personality assessment to a system, people wake up from their slump and start to realize that they themselves should be doing it themselves. It goes back to what you argued before, a society that makes decision by the people themselves not relying on a system. But the point for Akane is, until people actually come to this realization, just switching off the system will cause extreme chaos and lawless anarchy, as we already saw early in the series. So Akane knew, rationally, that this is not something to happen now, but one day when people wake up and really start care of themselves, they will realize that they do not need the system any more.

N/M. I thought you wanted to say in a far away future, where people have evolved (I guess both societal and biological) to a point where they wouldn't need the system anymore, because they wouldn't kill eachother anymore regardless, and wouldn't fall in dissaray or chaos, even if the Sybil system was plugged out suddenly.

But since you say: "not too different from where we are now" I guess I interpreted your stance wrongly. But in that case, it doesn't make much sense to say it because of the earlier context I already spoke off: why would people pull the plug out because they don't need the system in the short run, if she came to the conclusion that they DO need the system in the short run? What could possibly change in the short term?! If people - in a not too far future - plug out the plug of Sybil, it would be *because* of emotional/irrational feelings about it, NOT because they would calmly assess and rationally deduce that they simply didn't need the system anymore. Then they would think and be like Akane did, and yet come to another conclusion? And that in a short- to mid-long term in the future? Very unlikely!

It just does *not* make sense.

but then again, we agree she had a bit of an emotional/irrational dip there.

AnimageNeby said:

I mean, imagine for instance a symbiotic creature living in your body, and you need it to survive. Even if you get strong enough to go without it, would you then remove it, when it's entwined over and in your whole body, and you actually have accepted its existence? I hope I make myself clear, since it's a complex point I'm making. :-) So I'm making two arguments here: first of all, that she didn't say it in the interpretation you give to it (as far as I'm right in what you wanted to say), and secondly, even if it was, it would still be rather contradictory, but in another way than I formerly said.
I do not see that there is either contradiction or my interpretation being invalid. Using your example, you may have a creature living in your body which you cannot get rid of as it starts to take over some of the vital function you body is doing. You cannot get rid of it now, so you have to accept it now, but you hope that something can be done (perhaps in future with better science or you get stronger or whatever) so that your body can resume those vital functions and then you can get rid of the creature. It's just that simple.

But why would you do the trouble, if it's not hurting you and you've accepted it's existence? In the best case, you'll be making a huge effort to remove it, without any obvious gains. The more it is entrenched, the more difficult the effort will be (and the Sybil system is and will become more and more entrenched in the society) and that without any real gain. Sure, you can now go on without it, but why would you, if you accepted it? Maybe we're confusing the term 'accept' here. If you truly accept something, there is no need to remove it, is there?

We accept our black neighbour, say...well, then there is no need to remove him.

Maybe that's the difference in the nature of Akana's debate vs the Sybil system too: Akane is talking about 'tolerating' it, while Sybil is talking of it being *accepted* by the populace. Of course, before acceptance, you first have to tolerate it, so that's the obvious first step, but not the endpoint (at least not for the Sybil system). Anyway, it's strange and illogical she would rest her hope on such a thing; she is, in effect, expecting a reaction to the Sybil system when it's being tolerated (yet not fully accepted) from the populace, while she herself had no such reaction. Besides, is she unaware of social accustomisation?

Anywayz...an emo-dip as said.

AnimageNeby said:

Wooow. You lucky bastard! ;-) you mean in english? Is there one, yet? I'm seriously thinking of buying the novel too. Or did you mean you read it in Japanese (your English seems also quite good, though, so I rather assumed you're a native speaker). Not that native speakers can't know other languages; I know four myself...but Japanese ain't one of them. ;-p
Not in English of course. I don't think there are English translation except for partial translation by fans. I read it in Japanese as I speak the language, although neither English nor Japanese is my first language ;-p What other languages do you speak I wonder?

I read somewhere here in a thread about the possibility that if enough people would vouch for it, it might be printed in English. Would be cool.

The same ones as you ;-p, except for the Japanese. (Well, I *do* understand a very little bit, due to all the anime I've watched but it's nothing to speak about, and certainly it's no good when it comes to reading anything, let alone a novel.) English ain't my native tongue neither. But we're both doing all-right, I would say. ;-)

AnimageNeby said:

The manga wasn't much to speak of, unless you're into yuri, but the anime was really outstanding. I do hope that, with some hard-core fans, they won't do too badly in the sales, so we maybe get another one like it, even though it's artsy/story driven, and the marketshare for it is nowhere that of Naruto/bleach/OP and all that sort of anime.
Well I love its art style, but of course yuri is a big pull to me ;-)

I've nothing against yuri on itself neither. :-p I can even take yaoi. But to each genre its forte, and I'm glad the anime didn't focus that much on it as the manga did. Since it's story driven, overbearing fan-service in that regard isn't necessary, though the way it was portrayed in the anime, as a natural consequence of the society they were living in (with the bonobo-genes/behaviour and all that), was excellently done.

I do not understand people who complain about it in the anime. (But then again, most of those people complained about the Yaoi part specifically, so I think we know where the problem is situated: immaturity and intolerance of some of the viewers. Ah well...)

AnimageNeby said:

And yet...yet... I can't help but feel a bit disappointed. For me it was a bit anti-climatic. Even when I can intellectually accept the worth of what/ how they ended it...truth be told, I rather DO have something grand at the end. (Or at least bittersweet, but a feeling of a 'completed' ending). And I didn't have that here. Maybe it's just due to the fact people want to see something grand when watching a series; they want something more/greater than life. Especially in a futuristic or fantasy setting. Otherwise, it wouldn't have that kind of appeal, if we just as well could have it in real life, with all it's inglorious endings as it is. If that, then we could as well be watching 'slice-of-life' anime (and I don't).
I see your point. I can agree it is a bit anti-climactic but it is also a safe one, meaning that there is no sudden twist and revelation that comes out of nowhere just to make a climax or an impact. I would at least credit the writer for not doing that. Perhaps I am not that demanding but I am not unhappy that the series ends on solid ground, even though it is also a bit plain.

Yes, safe, but a bit plain. I can see both strong and weak points of it, though if they risked it a bit more, and executed it well (always the question, that), it would have had a much greater impact. It *could* be they were leaving open the possibility of a second season too... In the end, I guess that's ultimately a commercial decision that'll depend on the sales, though.

But the anti-climax feeling certainly is widespread. See in contrast SSY; there the ending episode got a whopping 90+ rating on the poll, here a mere 60+: a clear difference, and there is little doubt a large part of it is due to the rather trivial ending. I can still see and appreciate the way they've done it in an intellectual manner, but most just feel disappointed by the plain ending. (Not saying it was definitely wrong of them to end it that way, because of it, just stating/observing the fact it IS felt as rather anti-climatic by most.

BTW, I'm not sure if you're into shounen as well, but otherwise you should check out Magi. It's surprisingly deep (didn't expect it at first), especially the manga. Yes, there are a bit tropes used there, but as you progress, you'll note it's actually an 'intelligent' shounen, where many issues are handled in a serious way, and lots of characters are note portrayed too one-sided or archetypical good or bad (well, some do, but some remain in a grey zone; especially magnostatt-arc is strong in this respect.)

Of course, it's not to the level of seinen like psycho-pass or SSY, but still, a nice, refreshing surprise.
AnimageNebyMar 25, 2013 12:51 PM
Mar 25, 2013 2:05 PM

Feb 2013
I got the feeling that the ending was abit rushed, not sure if is because I only watched PP weekly and not marathoned it for the last 4 weeks. Well, whatever - this anime in whole was pretty awesome and already took a 10 place for me.

While it's possible I dont really crave for a second season; the story was wrapped up good enough for me.
Mar 25, 2013 2:40 PM

Aug 2010
Maioula said:
Wtf!? The main character is MIA on the second half of the last episode...
What happened to him?
He and akane sould be together at least as partners...
There better be a season 2

Anyway great series overal 8/10

It was not possible for them to be together. Kougami has to live his life on the run.
Mar 25, 2013 3:42 PM

Jun 2011
Wait... Where did Kougami go? Uh, he's on a ship...HOW DID HE DO DAT?!
Mar 25, 2013 4:22 PM

Oct 2012
HikaruIzumi said:
katsucats said:

The change was never achievable. The only thing he would achieve is fall of Sybil. But something similar would rise in the place simply because humanity NEEDS it. This show hinted at it so crazily that I don't understand how you missed it. Humanity will constantly be overcome by its own violent nature. In order to control it something else has to exist. Sure, it's not perfect but people DO realise it. No one in the whole show said it was perfect. But it's WAY better than letting murders or thieves or similar run wild. Humans will need to fundamentally change in order for Sybil not to be needed. It's possible for that to happen one day but it's not guaranteed. Just look at how nearly everyone started committing crimes when they had the chance. Do you seriously believe they would just go on living peacefully without Sybil? Really? After so many people became berserk just because they could?

Once Sybil was working, everything became more peaceful again. How is that wrong at this point? Akane hates Sybil but isn't mad as Makishima and knows they can't live without it for now. That's not idealistic, that's realistic and rational, accepting something you hate just because you know others would suffer without it.
If destruction is a necessary sacrifice to get people back on track, then so be it. Part of the reason the Sybil system evokes so much anger is because their incorporation of criminals into the system. Some replacement, such as the great old democracy of the United States does not need to be so blunt. The core of my frustration lies here: if Akane has determined Sybil to best any possible alternative, then she does not have the right to be angry at it, so her angst is hypocritical considering she arrived at the exact same conclusion. Akane is Sybil. The only thing original she could come up with is some unrealistic platitude about the strength of mankind, and it is insulting, in my opinion, for the show to pass that off as some kind of legitimate conclusion. If she couldn't conceive of real change, then she should've just kowtowed and be done with it.
THE CHAT CLUB.
Mar 25, 2013 5:18 PM
Mar 2011
katsucats said:
HikaruIzumi said:
katsucats said:

If destruction is a necessary sacrifice to get people back on track, then so be it. Part of the reason the Sybil system evokes so much anger is because their incorporation of criminals into the system. Some replacement, such as the great old democracy of the United States does not need to be so blunt. The core of my frustration lies here: if Akane has determined Sybil to best any possible alternative, then she does not have the right to be angry at it, so her angst is hypocritical considering she arrived at the exact same conclusion. Akane is Sybil. The only thing original she could come up with is some unrealistic platitude about the strength of mankind, and it is insulting, in my opinion, for the show to pass that off as some kind of legitimate conclusion. If she couldn't conceive of real change, then she should've just kowtowed and be done with it.

Akane only believes that the Sybil System is necessary in the interim, and its necessity only extends to the stability it provides. The show has reified, again and again, that Akane values stability and order as much as, if not more than, freedom (e.g. ep. 20 - Akane's inner dialogue, where she tells her friend, who was killed by Makishima, that anyone can search for happiness whenever they want, as long they're alive). She values stability and order because they help ensure that people are at least able to survive.

Yeah, Akane doesn't have a replacement governance system in mind, but expecting a single individual to overthrow a semi-omniscient governing system and develop and implement a replacement system that is just as effective as Sybil is pretty absurd. Akane not only realizes that that is not within her power, but she realizes that she would jeopardize the lives of innocent people. And again, she values stability and order at least as much as individual freedom. So, instead she fights against Sybil by doing what she can do. In this case, changing how CID operates -- by breaking down the boundaries between detectives and enforcers, and thereby, helping to break down the boundaries between normal people and latent criminals. It's a small change, but the idea reflects on what Akane had said earlier: the law doesn't protect people; people protect the law. If she can get others to realize that crime coefficients don't really determine the value of an individual, then Sybil's power will erode ever so slightly, and that's one small step toward building a freer and more equal society.

Essentially, Akane doesn't want to sacrifice peoples' lives because she's not Makishima. The difference between Akane and Makishima can really be summed up in that Makishima believes that a human life is valueless unless it introspects and struggles to find meaning and true happiness, while Akane believes that a human life has inherent value and the best possible life is one where a person is able to introspect and struggle to find meaning and true happiness. (see ep. 20 - Akane's inner dialogue sequence)
Mar 25, 2013 5:29 PM

Sep 2011
Oriolidae said:
Wait... Where did Kougami go? Uh, he's on a ship...HOW DID HE DO DAT?!
Is it a rare feat to be on a ship or something?

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Mar 25, 2013 5:49 PM
May 2012
- Is Kasei Joshuu an apparently a ruler of Sibyl? Sad that Kagari is dead with NO traces whatsoever.
- What's next for Kougami?
Mar 25, 2013 6:18 PM
Mar 2009
Oh come on, the both of you are within headbutt range. What the fuck at Shogo's reflexes, backflip-kickway-ninja out!

And that was a great end to their game of chase. Shogo died magnificently and Shinya disappeared.

Seems like Sibyl wants Akane to keep on living and then add her brain into itself when the time comes.

Welp, didn't really expect Gino to become an Enforcer in the end, but I guess seeing your dad die trying to protect you does make you just a little traumatized. Although he seems a lot more comfortable and finally at peace with himself as an Enforcer.

Holy shit. I thought MAL was trolling when it said Shion and Yayoi were in a relationship because I not recall them ever stating that. Wow.

Making the very end of the series finale echo the beginning of the first episode. And having the new Inspector be Mika? Lawlz. Wonder who the two new Enforcers are.

DAMMIT! Why you gotta tease us with that end card!? Owaranai? But nothing was announced!
Mar 25, 2013 6:22 PM

Oct 2012
captainwalrus said:
katsucats said:
HikaruIzumi said:
katsucats said:

Akane only believes that the Sybil System is necessary in the interim, and its necessity only extends to the stability it provides. The show has reified, again and again, that Akane values stability and order as much as, if not more than, freedom (e.g. ep. 20 - Akane's inner dialogue, where she tells her friend, who was killed by Makishima, that anyone can search for happiness whenever they want, as long they're alive). She values stability and order because they help ensure that people are at least able to survive.
The problem though is that her conclusion is an impossible-to-achieve feel-good platitude about human resilience, so that while she might believe the Sybil system is only an interim, it is a delusion because the end result that she desires is an ideal. What's insulting to me is the show's attempt to sell this ideal to the audience as the concluding narrative.

captainwalrus said:
Yeah, Akane doesn't have a replacement governance system in mind, but expecting a single individual to overthrow a semi-omniscient governing system and develop and implement a replacement system that is just as effective as Sybil is pretty absurd.
Through chaos comes reorganization. Akane is not doing anyone any favors by prolonging the inevitable. No one is expecting Akane to be able to replace Sybil, but to come up with a realistic solution for the next step forward. By the way, Makishima had the ability to overthrow this "semi-omniscient" system, so Akane had the same ability by extension if she chose not to stop him. The thing is if Sybil is necessarily evil, then people will continue to be judged to be latent criminals by its whims. There will be many more victims. Upholding the status quo is not an answer; it's an escape.

captainwalrus said:
Akane not only realizes that that is not within her power, but she realizes that she would jeopardize the lives of innocent people. And again, she values stability and order at least as much as individual freedom. So, instead she fights against Sybil by doing what she can do. In this case, changing how CID operates -- by breaking down the boundaries between detectives and enforcers, and thereby, helping to break down the boundaries between normal people and latent criminals. It's a small change, but the idea reflects on what Akane had said earlier: the law doesn't protect people; people protect the law. If she can get others to realize that crime coefficients don't really determine the value of an individual, then Sybil's power will erode ever so slightly, and that's one small step toward building a freer and more equal society.
She can, essentially, by exposing Sybil. Akane's conclusion is sort of like the communist ideal: it would only work if no one dared to deviate, so that psycho-pass becomes unnecessary. Protecting a law that doesn't protect the people amounts to a delusion; upholding a set of rules for the sake of upholding them and no higher purpose like justice. By protecting the law, she protects the psycho-pass system, and in turn Sybil's power. When people realize the nature of Sybil, that same chaos will take place -- in that sense, Makishima's conclusion is much more reasonable, because he confronted reality head-on instead of running away from it. Akane's idealistic vision may never be achieved, so in a way the show is telling the audience to accept status quo, ignore injustices in humanity, and just take one step forward; that is no different than the message from any shounen fight anime like To Aru Majutsu no Index or Bleach, shallow platitudes that serve no purpose other than terminating thought for real solutions.

captainwalrus said:
Essentially, Akane doesn't want to sacrifice peoples' lives because she's not Makishima. The difference between Akane and Makishima can really be summed up in that Makishima believes that a human life is valueless unless it introspects and struggles to find meaning and true happiness, while Akane believes that a human life has inherent value and the best possible life is one where a person is able to introspect and struggle to find meaning and true happiness. (see ep. 20 - Akane's inner dialogue sequence)
Akane will be sacrificing people's lives whether or not she exposes Sybil. The real question is whether she has a legitimate path forward.
THE CHAT CLUB.
Mar 25, 2013 6:31 PM

Nov 2011
wow ending could be underwhelming for some people but i think it's entirely fitting to the show (and perhaps hinting to a second season) would love to see shinya become obssessed by the ideals of makishima and becoming the new antagonist since they were so alike (the book at the end anyone) overall i enjoyed this series very much it was mature and different ,original script and sharp and witty dialogues and unexpected turn of events here and there dark tone and realistic situations and settings for a si fi, 10/10 for me and it found a place as a new favorite for me
becoolMar 25, 2013 6:40 PM
- Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until they speak.

- The biggest challenge in life is being yourself… In a world trying to make you like everyone else
Mar 25, 2013 8:22 PM
Mar 2011
katsucats said:
Through chaos comes reorganization. Akane is not doing anyone any favors by prolonging the inevitable. No one is expecting Akane to be able to replace Sybil, but to come up with a realistic solution for the next step forward. By the way, Makishima had the ability to overthrow this "semi-omniscient" system, so Akane had the same ability by extension if she chose not to stop him. The thing is if Sybil is necessarily evil, then people will continue to be judged to be latent criminals by its whims. There will be many more victims. Upholding the status quo is not an answer; it's an escape.

Chaos doesn't entail reorganization, and definitely not necessarily any reorganization that would be better than Sybil, and change does not necessarily have to occur by plunging society into total chaos.

Yeah, for the time being latent criminals will still have it rough. But that's the consequence of Akane's values. She values the preservation of human life at least as much as free will. If anything, Akane's view is pragmatism to a fault, while your view is an "ideal." Destroying Sybil and plunging society into chaos won't magically lead to a reorganization under a better government. Given that the series implies that the rest of the world is worse-off than Japan, it's likely that Japan will fall into a similar state as the rest of the world.

The problem though is that her conclusion is an impossible-to-achieve feel-good platitude about human resilience, so that while she might believe the Sybil system is only an interim, it is a delusion because the end result that she desires is an ideal. What's insulting to me is the show's attempt to sell this ideal to the audience as the concluding narrative.

What ideal? That change can happen without totally destroying a system of government? That can happen. That the values of a society can change without bloody revolution? That can happen. That someday, the society's values may change to the point where Sybil can be replaced by another form of government without utterly destroying the society? That can also happen.

Yes, she can destroy the system. That part is easy. All you have to do is, as Akane says, "turn off the power." The tough part is re-aligning the values of a society to match the system of government and transitioning between one value system and political system to another, totally different value system and political system.

She can, essentially, by exposing Sybil. Akane's conclusion is sort of like the communist ideal: it would only work if no one dared to deviate, so that psycho-pass becomes unnecessary. Protecting a law that doesn't protect the people amounts to a delusion; upholding a set of rules for the sake of upholding them and no higher purpose like justice. By protecting the law, she protects the psycho-pass system, and in turn Sybil's power. When people realize the nature of Sybil, that same chaos will take place -- in that sense, Makishima's conclusion is much more reasonable, because he confronted reality head-on instead of running away from it. Akane's idealistic vision may never be achieved, so in a way the show is telling the audience to accept status quo, ignore injustices in humanity, and just take one step forward; that is no different than the message from any shounen fight anime like To Aru Majutsu no Index or Bleach, shallow platitudes that serve no purpose other than terminating thought for real solutions.

Where is the show saying to accept the status quo? The show basically goes out of its way to say that Akane doesn't accept the status quo in the final scene where she's talking to the new recruit, telling her that the enforcers are just as human and have opinions that are just as worthy of respect.

The point is that if the values of a society changes enough, then the law must change with society -- not the other way around. If society changes to the point where people stop caring about other peoples' "crime coefficients" and "hues," then Sybil's judgments will stop mattering, and the burden will be on Sybil to change with society, not the other way around. If you want a real world example: sodomy laws were on the books for some states in the US up until 2003. Nobody had been prosecuted for anal sex for decades, but the laws were just forgotten. A dude in Texas ended up being prosecuted under a sodomy law, and the Supreme Court ended up ruling that sodomy laws were unconstitutional. No violent revolution took place. The End. If "hues" and "crime coefficients" stop mattering, then Sybil will have become irrelevant, and I doubt society will somehow be plunged into chaos by the revelation of the nature of an irrelevant entity. It'd be a curio worthy of an academic paper, but nothing more.

Protecting the law = protecting order and stability. That's Akane's only reason for upholding the law. Like I said before, she values order and stability just as much as free will, because a stable society facilitates survival. There's really nothing more to it than that. Whether that is "feel-good" or not is a matter of personal interpretation, though I suspect it wasn't intended to be a shonen-style "triumph of the human spirit" thing.

I actually don't know where you're pulling all this "idealism" from, because her actions are not idealistic. She wants to maintain order and hopefully spur change from within society, rather than overthrow the system and plunge society into certain chaos. If she could dismantle Sybil without plunging society into chaos, she would, but since she can't she decided to take another route. Now that I think about some more, I actually suspect that if Akane could destroy Sybil without certainly plunging society into chaos or with a good chance that society will magically reorganize itself into a better system, then she would have taken the risk. The only reason she didn't destroy Sybil is because, as she says, she didn't want to throw away her life in vain -- because she believed that there was no chance for either to occur.
captainwalrusMar 25, 2013 8:29 PM
Mar 25, 2013 9:01 PM

Aug 2011
What an empty and unfulfilling ending. Everything that happened felt so inconsequential.
Mar 25, 2013 11:36 PM
Aug 2010
There can never be a happy ending in a Urobuchi Gen work but at least everybody didn't die. Also, I predict that Kogami will be the one to "replace" Makishima. I don't think he will be as much of a psychotic heartless murderer but he is also unsatisfied with the systems that govern society and will try to rebel or change it.
Mar 26, 2013 5:41 PM
Dec 2011
What a great anime! I loved every second of it and WOW! What an ending, it felt so realistic. In my opinion it ended how it should have ended.
Mar 27, 2013 8:38 AM

Jul 2012
Ragna92 said:

It was not possible for them to be together. Kougami has to live his life on the run.

Yes but they should at least be more specific about what happened to him...
I would like at least a goodbye scene :/ I don't know... I don't like last episodes that let you guess what happened :/
I like last episodes that clear everything up :P
I hate the word “fate.” Birth, encounters, partings, success and failures, fortune and misfortunes in life. If our lives are already set in stone by fate, then why are we even born? There are those born to wealthy families, those born to beautiful mothers, and those born into the middle of war or poverty. If that’s all caused by fate, then God is incredibly unfair and cruel. Because, ever since that day, none of us had a future and the only certain thing was that we wouldn’t amount to anything. - Takakura Shouma
Mar 27, 2013 7:51 PM
Oct 2012
Loved the episode.great ending.keeping scopes for a new season.i can't wait for the next season.more kogami:-).and also wants to see the new inspectator.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Himel_713&sclick=1]
Mar 28, 2013 8:08 AM

Nov 2012
Good first season 1 and waiting for season 2 .
I hoping they show some more plots for the story.

Mar 28, 2013 9:21 AM

Sep 2012
AnimageNeby said:
But since you say: "not too different from where we are now" I guess I interpreted your stance wrongly. But in that case, it doesn't make much sense to say it because of the earlier context I already spoke off: why would people pull the plug out because they don't need the system in the short run, if she came to the conclusion that they DO need the system in the short run? What could possibly change in the short term?! If people - in a not too far future - plug out the plug of Sybil, it would be *because* of emotional/irrational feelings about it, NOT because they would calmly assess and rationally deduce that they simply didn't need the system anymore. Then they would think and be like Akane did, and yet come to another conclusion? And that in a short- to mid-long term in the future? Very unlikely!It just does *not* make sense.
You focus too much on whether it is a far future or not too far future thing. I just said Akane hopes that "in future" enough change would happen so that by that time Sybil system will not be needed. So I don't know how you came to the question of "why would people pull the plug out because they don't need the system in the short run, if she came to the conclusion that they DO need the system in the short run? What could possibly change in the short term?!" We don't know the time frame about the changes, but she is placing the hope that one day enough changes in the society would happen and people do not rely on the system any more, so that it becomes not necessary any more. I don't see how it does not make sense to hold some hope for such future.

AnimageNeby said:

But why would you do the trouble, if it's not hurting you and you've accepted it's existence?
Because you want to be yourself again? Because at the end you sense that it is still an alien thing attached to you? I mean, accepting its existence for now does not mean accepting it forever.

AnimageNeby said:
In the best case, you'll be making a huge effort to remove it, without any obvious gains. The more it is entrenched, the more difficult the effort will be (and the Sybil system is and will become more and more entrenched in the society) and that without any real gain. Sure, you can now go on without it, but why would you, if you accepted it? Maybe we're confusing the term 'accept' here. If you truly accept something, there is no need to remove it, is there?
You said "if you truly accept something". Well how about "if you accept something is necessary at present"? Why "accept" must mean unconditional acceptance with no time frame? Why can it not be "acceptance based on the current condition of society and its citizen"? Also, we do not know whether the system is going to be more entrenched -- the system clearly knows it has to evolve and change to meet the changing condition of the society, which is one reason why it decides to keep observing Akane, and so it knows there is risk that its control can weaken over time.

AnimageNeby said:

Maybe that's the difference in the nature of Akana's debate vs the Sybil system too: Akane is talking about 'tolerating' it, while Sybil is talking of it being *accepted* by the populace. Of course, before acceptance, you first have to tolerate it, so that's the obvious first step, but not the endpoint (at least not for the Sybil system). Anyway, it's strange and illogical she would rest her hope on such a thing; she is, in effect, expecting a reaction to the Sybil system when it's being tolerated (yet not fully accepted) from the populace, while she herself had no such reaction. Besides, is she unaware of social accustomisation?
I guess you define "accept" perhaps more strictly and narrowly than I use the word. I agree that Akane is talking about "tolerating" which to me is just like "accepting for the time being".

AnimageNeby said:

The same ones as you ;-p, except for the Japanese. (Well, I *do* understand a very little bit, due to all the anime I've watched but it's nothing to speak about, and certainly it's no good when it comes to reading anything, let alone a novel.) English ain't my native tongue neither. But we're both doing all-right, I would say. ;-)
But you said four languages, right? I myself count 3 so you must know at least one language (or two) I don't.

AnimageNeby said:

I do not understand people who complain about it in the anime. (But then again, most of those people complained about the Yaoi part specifically, so I think we know where the problem is situated: immaturity and intolerance of some of the viewers. Ah well...)
That's basically the whole reason. Those people may lament anime being shallow but when they are faced with mature themes their own immaturity and intolerance reveals itself.

AnimageNeby said:

But the anti-climax feeling certainly is widespread. See in contrast SSY; there the ending episode got a whopping 90+ rating on the poll, here a mere 60+: a clear difference, and there is little doubt a large part of it is due to the rather trivial ending. I can still see and appreciate the way they've done it in an intellectual manner, but most just feel disappointed by the plain ending. (Not saying it was definitely wrong of them to end it that way, because of it, just stating/observing the fact it IS felt as rather anti-climatic by most.
What poll you are talking about I wonder?

AnimageNeby said:

BTW, I'm not sure if you're into shounen as well, but otherwise you should check out Magi. It's surprisingly deep (didn't expect it at first), especially the manga. Yes, there are a bit tropes used there, but as you progress, you'll note it's actually an 'intelligent' shounen, where many issues are handled in a serious way, and lots of characters are note portrayed too one-sided or archetypical good or bad (well, some do, but some remain in a grey zone; especially magnostatt-arc is strong in this respect.)
I watch only the anime. It is surprisingly deep for a shounen because its theme about suffering and personal conflicts. That said, the story does not really tug my heart that much - not sure why. I guess a number of factors are at work here but I prefer not to delve into details.
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Mar 28, 2013 3:47 PM

Aug 2012
this series made me psychotic. the last episode was interesting like always
btw the second season without shougo is like an army without any leader (for me at least) i wonder what urobuchi sensei is planing to do.
but i have to trust him. :-"
Mar 28, 2013 6:51 PM

May 2009
Karanomori = ANIME COUGAR LIFE
Mar 28, 2013 9:50 PM

Aug 2010
HikaruIzumi said:
For a final episode, this felt weak. For an episode, this was very good. The dying walk reminded me of Light's in DN. The only difference is that Makishima's insanity isn't so obvious. Still, he made me sick. He was nothing but a deluded sociopath. Had he actually done something useful to stop Sybil, I would have liked him. But the only thing he seemed to want to do was cause chaos and death for no reason. I won't miss him the least bit.

Story: Really enjoyable anime. I really liked the moral discussions, although I feel like they were VERY one sided. Pretty much everyone had the same view at stuff but they just went differently about them. I also felt that it focused too much on the characters and drama in favour of the story. For something based on morality, justice and philosophy was the relationship/character focus overdone IMO. I love the basic idea of this way too much and I can't get enough of philosophical shows so I still loved this.

Characters: The only character I really liked was Akane. Other characters were either too hate-able (Makishima), too cliche (Kougami, Kagari), too predictable/boring (Ginoza, Masaoka) or with as much screen time as the wheat field. Now that I think of it, the wheat field was quite an interesting character.

I really liked the way the ending was done, though. The way it mirrored the beginning was really epic. I don't think this should get 2nd season because I don't feel like there's need to resolve anything else. Sybil is clearly needed until humanity will change and that SHOULD be left hanging because I doubt humanity will ever reach a stage of perfect peace. So Sybil or something similar will always be needed.

Makashima too hateable? MAL seems to disagree. Look at his favorites. He has the 2nd most favorites in the show by far.

http://myanimelist.net/character/69725/Shougo_Makishima
Mar 29, 2013 12:58 PM
Feb 2013
Ragna92 said:
HikaruIzumi said:

Makashima too hateable? MAL seems to disagree. Look at his favorites. He has the 2nd most favorites in the show by far.

http://myanimelist.net/character/69725/Shougo_Makishima

Hypothetically speaking, I want to point out that this could also be due to the possibility that there are a lot of haters.

:-)
Mar 29, 2013 7:58 PM

Jul 2010
They shouldn't have killed him. He was the only hope for everyone, he was the only one who could destroy the Sibyl system( maybe)freeing them from their cages especially the enforcers. He may have a harsh way of doing things, but I agree with his ideology. I wanted to sing "All Alone With You" when he said his speech "Everyone is alone". He wasn't alone in the first place, people who agree with him will always be with him. But he does have a point, his speech is the harsh truth of our world today
Mar 29, 2013 10:02 PM

Sep 2011
I really liked the ending, basically repeating the first episode! :D

As for the series, extremely enjoyable! I'm expecting another season! >:/
Mar 29, 2013 11:01 PM

Feb 2013
Hoping for Season 2.. cuz it really bummed me when the Sibyl system is still on..

Kogami's become a lone wolf.. (sexy~)

Ginoza without glasses (Hot~)

Akane's now a confident inspector (Nice~)

hahaha.. xD
Well, it's a good ending though, but it will be amazing if the sibyl system destroyed.. :/
Mar 30, 2013 5:33 AM

Jun 2009
Very decent ending. Didn't anticipate such after weak start.
Mar 30, 2013 9:52 AM

Dec 2010
Tsk, this final episode makes me feel uneasy. I don't know why - Shiinya didn't restrain himself from killing Makishima(something that would have made the ending "meh"), the Sybil System continues so there's actually possibility for 2nd season, but I still can't feel good about the ending. I just don't know why. Maybe it's because Makishima and Old man died, and mostly - because Kagari died(there are some deaths I just can't forgive when it comes to anime). May he rest together with Hughes and Mello and become one of my favorite characters as of now.

As for my overall score of the anime:

1. Characters. +1. Definitely a score here. Psycho-pass is one of the best 2012 animes when it comes to characters for me, sharing top place with only K for me. As I've already mentioned few times before, Kagari is my top favorite, even getting in my fav. character list. He's followed by Makishima - this guy indeed proved to be evil on few occasions, but I can't help but like him. Old man is was a good character too, so was Kougami of course. Others were a very quality characters too imo - Guseon Choe along with Tsunemori Akane. And even the background figures didn't feel bad.
2. Atmosphere. +1. I just love the calm moments spent in the MWSPB HQ. They weren't the only good ones tho - like let's say the atmosphere in episode 21, outside of the facility.
3. OST. +1. A good 1st OP, I can't remember the 1st ED but I don't have bad memory of it either, a good 2nd ED and a favorite 2nd OP. I even downloaded it - something I can't remember doing ever before. The music themes were good too overall.
4. Animation. +1. Yeah, a really high-quality animation, and it's style reflected very well the anime's atmosphere.
5. Background story. Nothing awesome about it, though the backgrounds of the characters were good enough imo.
6. Storyline. +1. That was one very well done plot line in my opinion. I somewhat dislike the fist 8 episodes or so, but despite of that I still think that Makishima was a great villain, taking whole 22 episodes to be caught and finished.
7. Ending. Meh, as I said the ending felt me feeling uneasy, really. I somewhat hope that Makishima indeed succeeded in manipulating the virus. Firstly - it would feel so bad if his efforts were in vain, and secondly - I don't really think that he'd fail like that, he was just too good to fail like this.
8. Fight scenes. +1. The fights were somewhat plain, but that didn't result in excuse for bad fights - they were good enough in my opinion.
9. Drama. +1. Kagari's death in the very least. Kougami's degradation as a detective. And Makishima's life at all - until his very end. This show had other good dramatic moments as well, the drama was well executed.
10. Overall affect. +1. Overall I liked this anime very much. Especially after episode 9 or so. The enforcer theme, the constant background tension of the rivalry between Kougami and Makishima felt great as well. The very bleak atmosphere of the anime. I enjoyed most of the time I spent in this anime, and I would probably re-watch it one day because of this. In my opinion it's the best anime of 2012, despite I liked very much many others as well - like Kokoro Connect, K, Code: Breaker, SAO - but most of them I like mainly because of some of their aspects, while I all the aspects of Psycho-Pass are at the top and contribute to it's becoming of a high-quality anime.

Overall score: 8/10. I've given better score to animes not as good, Psycho-Pass is actually a great piece(it's just the way I assess animes that gives it a lesser score), and I hope for a second season nonetheless.
Mar 30, 2013 5:34 PM

Sep 2012
Quick conclusion: great series. 9/10

I loved the ending, plain and simple. The majority of series are somewhat predictable in their endings. What I love about Psycho-Pass is that it demonstrates how society and the system is superior to the individual. What would have been a stupid ending is if Akane destroyed the Sibyl or started a resistance group or something.

The message is obvious, and good: ultimately, everything works out for the best if everyone obediently follows the system.

And to the Akane haters: she's a great character. She starts out naive and matures greatly over the course of the series. On top of that, she has a realistic and understandable way of thinking. And she's cute; no "moe-cute," but cute in a mature way.

+1 to Urobochi, what a genius.
Mar 30, 2013 7:58 PM

Oct 2009
From the ending, it seems that everything repeats.

Akane is the new Ginoza.

Ginoza is the new Masaoka.

New girl is the new Akane.

Also, I'm a bit sad that in the end, Akane just spoke some bitter words to Sibyl but left the actual freedom of man and the destruction of Sibyl to future generations while continuing to be its pawn. Though to destroy it outright would cause complete chaos and destruction in the city. I guess she's just hoping man will gradually find a way to live without Sibyl in future generations, but it certainly doesn't seem that way.
Mar 30, 2013 10:30 PM

Dec 2012
i just loved psycho pass, Makishima is soo awesome definitely one of my favorite characters . I also loved Kougami, and Akane is bleh kind boring.
I don't know if i liked this end, i mean makishima is dead :( but i already expected. I just think it should have second season
Mar 30, 2013 10:59 PM
Mar 2013
One does not simply break up a man-fight.

Loved psycho pass, I would give a 8/10 for the last episode, and 9.5/10 overall.

Character designs for this anime is unique, and unique in a way that is fitting for PP too. 10/10

The OSTs and OP/ED are great too. 10/10

Animation 10/10, (not including episode 18). I like how they animate the details on the screens at HQ.

Story 9/10. Almost perfect. Mainly, I feel that Yaoyi's side story isn't really necessary, the extra episode could have been better used on the main storyline.

Final thoughts: If only Makishima didn't reverse his truck to attempt to run over our MCs, he would most likely have gotten away scout free?

I love the setup, and how some of the aspects in PP can be releated to RL.

Overall 9.5/10, clinched the top spot in 2012 for me, great job Urobochi!
Mar 31, 2013 7:34 AM

Aug 2011
This was a good series that could have been a great series; however, character development was sorely lacking. My favorite characters were Akane... for her tenacity, Kogame & Masaoka... overall (these two made the anime for me). I was disappointed in Ginoza's character, I really expected him to come around and rise to the occasion; well... maybe in the 2nd season. Yayoi had no presence at all, with the exception of yuri moments (if you're into that), even the episode delving into her past and her reason for becoming an Enforcer were weak. Kagari had potential, but the plot did not do him justice. I found Makishima was an interesting villain, but thoroughly enjoyed his take-down.
Overall, this series had a unusual plot and I, with many others, would enjoy a 2nd season, if for no other reason than eliminating the Sibyl System. I also wouldn't mind seeing Kogami again.
Mar 31, 2013 9:44 AM

Jun 2011
Well, after putting off watching this since episode 2, i finally marathoned it all in one sitting. Overall, it was a solidly good show. I was fluctuating between 7.5 to as low as 6 throughout the series. It definitely made me relive some of the (unpleasant) memories I had with guilty crown, but it managed to somewhat redeem itself in the latter episodes. However, the ending was quite a disappointment. So I'm giving this a solid 7/10.
Revenant_Mar 31, 2013 9:48 AM
Mar 31, 2013 11:43 AM

Apr 2011
As expected from Urobutcher. Why was I no surprised?
Apr 1, 2013 7:42 AM

Sep 2012
allflying said:
As expected from Urobutcher. Why was I no surprised?
Many were surprised that it did not turn out to be darker though.
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Apr 2, 2013 3:28 AM

Jan 2008
What that? I need comfort. The ending made me feel empty. While it ends rather realistically, it was anticlimactic for me. I'm glad Kou was fine but I'd like to see his daily living in details. ;p

Oh before I forgot, I love the scenery or rather the sun setting to twilight to dusk, a very fitting scenery and atmosphere for Makishima's last moment.
Apr 5, 2013 11:05 AM
Sep 2011
They should have ended the story of Makishima in episode 16.

It had the perfect ending.

And from there on the focus should have switched to them trying to take down The Sibyl System.

But instead they've kept dragging the Makishima story... I never understood why Makishima was so obsessive over Kougami. Kougami only wanted to kill Makishima, he never cared about his ideals.

Also I never cared about Kougami's motivation for revenge since we never got to know that person Kougami lost.

We did get to know Yuki, I cared about her and the fact that she died. So if anything I wanted to see *Akane* take revenge over Makishima, *not* Kougami. That's why the ending for that story in episode 16 was such a perfect stopping point for the chase after Makishima, IMO.
Apr 5, 2013 1:00 PM

Nov 2009
There was never a definite story. Hello, people! It is a character driven anime! In this types of stories, there isn't any "dragging" at all. If everything was about taking down the system, the riots and Makishima's plans would have happened way earlier in the series. Can't you see it? The whoile point of the anime was not this. It never was.

Oops!
Pages (19) « First ... « 8 9 [10] 11 12 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Psycho-Pass Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2013

354 by menacce »»
Oct 18, 3:32 AM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 7, 2013

568 by menacce »»
Oct 17, 2:15 AM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 24, 2013

352 by menacce »»
Oct 16, 10:01 AM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 17, 2013

293 by menacce »»
Oct 16, 9:43 AM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 20, 2012

728 by menacce »»
Oct 16, 6:16 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.