Forum Settings
Forums
New
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (13) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Mar 20, 2013 8:11 AM

Sep 2011
Kyon is a pretty good character but I wouldn't say that TMoHS is especially good. I don't know how it is rated on MAL or if it is even relevant anymore. (I know it had a crazy fanbase a few years back)
But as Ducat said, it has it's moments and I would personally be against it being added to any of the lists. Had it been 2009, it would definitely be added to the relations, but now I'm not so sure. No one talks about it anymore. It's a forgotten piece of anime history.
Mar 20, 2013 8:15 AM

Apr 2009
Haakonwale said:
Kyon is a pretty good character but I wouldn't say that TMoHS is especially good. I don't know how it is rated on MAL or if it is even relevant anymore. (I know it had a crazy fanbase a few years back)
But as Ducat said, it has it's moments and I would personally be against it being added to any of the lists. Had it been 2009, it would definitely be added to the relations, but now I'm not so sure. No one talks about it anymore. It's a forgotten piece of anime history.

150k members on MAL and ranked 1XX, but I guess we should discuss this i the anime relations.
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Mar 20, 2013 9:01 AM
Jul 2018
Nidhoeggr said:
Ok, I'll add it then. You might as well poll Haruhi as a whole if you feel like it.

Edit:
Another potential candidate appears.

Might as well just throw in the rest of the big 4 tsundere for that matter.

HELL! How about we just put in every tsundere bitch archetype ever created in existence, then the list might correlate with the anti-tsundere club (not all tsundere are bad, just the bitchy ones, hitagi/asuka are good tsunderes for example. I myself actually like classic tsunderes which are different from their inferior successors).
removed-userMar 20, 2013 9:04 AM
Mar 20, 2013 9:06 AM

Dec 2012
Burningblade04 said:
Nidhoeggr said:
Ok, I'll add it then. You might as well poll Haruhi as a whole if you feel like it.

Edit:
Another potential candidate appears.

Might as well just throw in the rest of the big 4 tsundere for that matter.

HELL! How about we just put in every tsundere bitch archetype ever created in existence, then the list might correlate with the anti-tsundere club (not all tsundere are bad, just the bitchy ones, hitagi/asuka are good tsunderes for example. I myself actually like classic tsunderes which are different from their inferior successors).

Why do some people consider Hitagi a tsundere ? I don't see it.
Mar 20, 2013 9:08 AM

Apr 2009
Shana, Louise, Taiga, who is the fourth?

And Kurisu, Misaka and a few other tsunderes can be decent at times, I agree.
Mar 20, 2013 9:23 AM
Jul 2018
tsudecimo said:

IRC, she acted like a tsundere not because of the archetype per se, but they made a plausible explanation why she acted that way throughout the story. It was Bake's black humor attempt at poking fun of just how silly and ridiculous the whole archetype is. So yeah, that was kind of a joke.

Nidhoeggr said:

Though not quite as popular, Nagi from Hayate Combat Butler counts since she lumps on the same as the big 4.
Mar 20, 2013 9:31 AM

Dec 2012
Burningblade04 said:
tsudecimo said:

IRC, she acted like a tsundere not because of the archetype per se, but they made a plausible explanation why she acted that way throughout the story. It was Bake's black humor attempt at poking fun of just how silly and ridiculous the whole archetype is. So yeah, that was kind of a joke.

Yea i remember making fun of it from the very first episode.

Burningblade04 said:
Nidhoeggr said:

Though not quite as popular, Nagi from Hayate Combat Butler counts since she lumps on the same as the big 4.

Loli tsunderes voiced by Rei basically.
Mar 20, 2013 11:15 AM

Nov 2011
I still want to see Reina from Higurashi on the list.
Mar 20, 2013 11:18 AM

Sep 2011
tsudecimo said:
Loli tsunderes voiced by Rei basically.
I like to call them Kugidere, but that's just me.
Amberleh said:
+1
Mar 20, 2013 11:20 AM

Jan 2008
Amberleh said:

Junchi supports this idea.
Use your brain before using your keyboard!
Mar 20, 2013 12:15 PM

Jun 2011
Nidhoeggr said:

Just because someone is based off of a commonly used format doesn't mean they aren't still good characters. AKA: Tsunderes. A few others mentioned this, but I would like focus my statement on Taiga.

I'm not particularly fond of tsunderes in general, but I do rather like Taiga. I don't think she deserves to be added to the list just for her immense popularity.

Now, it's been quite a while since I watched Toradora, it was one of my first real anime in fact, but what I remember of it was quite good. I enjoyed her presence on the screen and think she is of higher quality than most characters of her trope. So, I go against adding her.
Mar 20, 2013 12:19 PM

Sep 2011
ForgoneReality said:
Nidhoeggr said:

Just because someone is based off of a commonly used format doesn't mean they aren't still good characters. AKA: Tsunderes. A few others mentioned this, but I would like focus my statement on Taiga.

I'm not particularly fond of tsunderes in general, but I do rather like Taiga. I don't think she deserves to be added to the list just for her immense popularity.

Now, it's been quite a while since I watched Toradora, it was one of my first real anime in fact, but what I remember of it was quite good. I enjoyed her presence on the screen and think she is of higher quality than most characters of her trope. So, I go against adding her.
I think Louise and Shana should be added (haven't seen ZnT but from what I've heard...) but not Taiga. The reason for that is because Taiga actually has character development and becomes not only tolerable, but an enjoyable character. Shana stays virtually the same for 2 seasons and then it got even worse in S3.
Mar 20, 2013 12:26 PM

Sep 2012
I see people are against flat chested 2D girls :-)
add
and
then.
Mar 20, 2013 12:27 PM

Dec 2012
+1 for Louise and Shana
-1 for Taiga i think she deserves her popularity.
Mar 20, 2013 12:48 PM

Nov 2011
Louise was one of the first additions to the Character Relations and has been there ever since.
Mar 20, 2013 5:27 PM

Apr 2009
Ok, I added Shana and agree with you guys about Taiga.
Mar 20, 2013 5:33 PM

Sep 2011
How about adding Sebastian Michaelis from Kuroshitsuji? From what I've seen he has a lot of fangirls. Thoughts?
Mar 20, 2013 9:51 PM

Sep 2012
I have only watched 8 ep and I think he is just a FUJOSHI fangirls bet and why saeko is not in the list.
Mar 20, 2013 10:09 PM

Nov 2011
I mean he's typical, but I don't think he's as bad as our other relations. I am not particularly opposed to the idea though.
Mar 20, 2013 11:05 PM

Mar 2012
I don't see much reason to add in Sebastian, but if everyone else wants him in then I don't care
Mar 21, 2013 6:28 AM

Mar 2012
I was going to ask why Azusa of all characters was put in the relations. But after reading about the reasons why, I fully approve of it.
Mar 26, 2013 8:15 PM

Jun 2011
I just came across some rather trivial, but upsetting news. So, I've been watching Sakurasou, (refrain judgement please) and decided to check out the character page. It was then that I discovered that the autistic [read: "Moe"] main female has 1106 member favourites. And she is straight up autistic, like, it's not even shrouded in the show. All the other characters have a schedule set up to take care of her, because she can't live on her own, and that's apparently cute?

Then I checked out Jin, who actually is a well-written, fleshed out, non-idiolized, sometimes despicable, always believable, but ultimately likeable character. He has 16 member favourites. I just want to sit in a corner, mutter dark thoughts and then punch a person.

So in the name of all that is righteous and just, can we please add Mashiro Shiina to the character relations list?
Mar 26, 2013 9:43 PM

Sep 2012
Go and compare Reinhard to Lelouch,you will get why we are curing shit tastes of plebs here.
Mar 27, 2013 12:07 PM

Feb 2013
ForgoneReality said:
I just came across some rather trivial, but upsetting news. So, I've been watching Sakurasou, (refrain judgement please) and decided to check out the character page. It was then that I discovered that the autistic [read: "Moe"] main female has 1106 member favourites. And she is straight up autistic, like, it's not even shrouded in the show. All the other characters have a schedule set up to take care of her, because she can't live on her own, and that's apparently cute?

Then I checked out Jin, who actually is a well-written, fleshed out, non-idiolized, sometimes despicable, always believable, but ultimately likeable character. He has 16 member favourites. I just want to sit in a corner, mutter dark thoughts and then punch a person
Agree on Jin, disagree on Mashiron.

If a Sakurasou char has to be added to the relations list, that is Sorata, and in the Kirito drawer if possible. Shiina had great potential before they decided to destroy her and put Nanami under the spotlight, which was around ep12 or something. THEN she stops being the autistic archetype to play the moe character, which was a terrible staff decision.

I guess the way they (badly) developped the character is what mostly seduced the audience and needs to be blamed, not ... Shiina herself. Also you cannot really punish an autistic char for drawing everyone's attention, that's what they are here for, isn't it?
My list - "Let's share our lame sides" (Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou)
Mar 27, 2013 12:19 PM

Sep 2012
Sorata was the most realistic and best developed character of the entire show. Shiina is, as already stated, autistic. Her dialogue is almost exclusively single words or short phrases, just telling people what she wants, or how she feels, or how she doesn't know anything.

People only like her because her mental retardation is supposedly cute.

tsudecimo said:
The only thing she deserves is a hard sock in her mouth.
Mar 27, 2013 12:25 PM

Jun 2011
Red_Keys said:
Sorata was the most realistic and best developed character of the entire show. Shiina is, as already stated, autistic. Her dialogue is almost exclusively single words or short phrases, just telling people what she wants, or how she feels, or how she doesn't know anything.

I wouldn't say Sorata was a bad character, but he was a sponge. Most of his emotions didn't seem his own, but rather as if he absorbed the obstacles and thoughts of those around him. Now, this isn't necessarily bad, because there are totally real people like that in real life. He was definitely going through a lot of change because of it too. The only thing is, this doesn't make for a good main character, yet the writers forced him in that position. He is not a protagonist, because he is never the one to advance the story or relationships. He would have been just fine as a side character, that provides interaction, but they didn't do that.
Mar 27, 2013 10:06 PM

Jan 2013
Might I inquire about Eve Genoard from Baccano? She's one of the major detriments to Baccano for me. She completely sucks the life and optimism out of anything within a 10 meter radius of her. Following her around in Baccano was nauseating, she mopes 99.99% of the time and is almost entirely fixated on getting her douche bag brother back. I can't empathize with Dallas because he's a total good-for-nothing scumbag, with his actual namesake being the only thing that separates him from being recognized as Thug #___, subsequently Eve has hardly a drop of depth to her, and her motivations to getting Dallas back seem very hopeless and weak, and Dallas himself seems beyond salvaging. For a series that is a rambunctious and jazzy riot, Eve and her storyline seem almost entirely out of place and detract from the fun, which is totally counter-productive. Then again, I doubt she's very popular to begin with.
Mar 27, 2013 10:19 PM

Oct 2012
Can't say we should put Eve in. She's not popular. And it's well known she is the most boring and generic character within the Baccano! lot. This is all in the anime though. Unless you can tell me she doesn't develop at all in the LN series, then the grounds of the character nomination, while true, are insubstantial.

Still waiting for an Evangelion character in our list though.
Ducat_RevelMar 27, 2013 10:46 PM
Mar 27, 2013 10:38 PM

Jan 2013
Ducat_Revel said:
Can't say we should put Eve in. She's not popular. And it's well known she is the most boring and generic character within the Baccano! lot. This is all in the anime though. Unless you can tell me she doesn't develop at all in the LV series, then the grounds of the character nomination, while true, are insubstantial.

Still waiting for an Evangelion character in our list though.

Mhmm, good point. Anyways, other people I have considered: Mikoto Misaka: haven't seen much of her, but I just hated her from the start; she took tsunderes to a more explicit and irritating extreme when I saw her, but I've only seen a bit of Index, so I can't really vouch for her. Orihime Inoue in place of Ichigo if we were to have only 1 character per series, but anyways, she starts out as a ditzy, but somewhat curious and daring young woman and devolves into a basic damsel in distress through and through, but I imagine everyone already pretty much knew this, so it may have been taken into account before. Yuno is already being (or has been) polled, so I'll just leave it at that. Kira Yamato: A generally dull lead with half-baked morals who can be rather irritating to watch.

Then I would have Ritsuko from Kids on the Slope for being so weak willed and somewhat insensitive (my distaste with her kind of coincides with the same feelings I have for the ending) and Yamato from Sukitte Ii na yo for being kind of shallow and easily manipulated and how he doesn't really try to explicitly affirm his purpose for being with Mei to begin with (or it was something along those lines, can't entirely remember) but these last 2 are just characters I hate who aren't too popular, so the people mentioned in the first paragraph take priority.
Mar 28, 2013 2:00 AM

Dec 2012
Sh0wdown said:
ForgoneReality said:

Then I checked out Jin, who actually is a well-written, fleshed out, non-idiolized, sometimes despicable, always believable, but ultimately likeable character. He has 16 member favourites. I just want to sit in a corner, mutter dark thoughts and then punch a person

If a Sakurasou char has to be added to the relations list, that is Sorata, and in the Kirito drawer if possible. Shiina had great potential before they decided to destroy her and put Nanami under the spotlight, which was around ep12 or something. THEN she stops being the autistic archetype to play the moe character, which was a terrible staff decision.

I guess the way they (badly) developped the character is what mostly seduced the audience and needs to be blamed, not ... Shiina herself. Also you cannot really punish an autistic char for drawing everyone's attention, that's what they are here for, isn't it?

I don't think 1100 is high considering she is a moe character . Why would sorata be in relation list ? he is not popular at all if you want to add him as a bad character then sure you got my vote .
What did you mean by Kirito drawer?

Red_Keys said:

No need to be disgusting.

tsudecimo said:
Red_Keys said:
The only thing she deserves is a hard sock in her mouth.

She is a loli tsundere with actual character development that's counts for something.
tsudecimoMar 28, 2013 2:04 AM
Mar 28, 2013 5:44 AM

Feb 2013
tsudecimo said:
Sh0wdown said:

Why would sorata be in relation list ? he is not popular at all if you want to add him as a bad character then sure you got my vote.
First, just so you get my mindset: i hated Sakurasou from the bottom of my heart.

Second, you're right about the Sorata popularity, i expressed myself poorly here, because in my mind, Sorata really reflects Sakurasou, and so should be added to the relation anime list, which is stupid considering it's a character. I won't develop any further on this thread my opinions on the show itself, i'll wait for a dedicated thread to do it.

Third, why in the Kirito drawer? Hollow character trying to go serious mode all day long, ending dumb. Overacting way too much. Also the perma cycle: do not understand something, cry, monologue, "now i know what life/love is about", really annoys me.

Anyway, i'm not trying to convince anyone since 99% of the community enjoyed Sakurasou, i guess there's something particular between me and this show ;)
sed_lexMar 28, 2013 5:47 AM
Mar 28, 2013 6:50 AM

Dec 2012
Sh0wdown said:
tsudecimo said:
Sh0wdown said:

Why would sorata be in relation list ? he is not popular at all if you want to add him as a bad character then sure you got my vote.
First, just so you get my mindset: i hated Sakurasou from the bottom of my heart.

Second, you're right about the Sorata popularity, i expressed myself poorly here, because in my mind, Sorata really reflects Sakurasou, and so should be added to the relation anime list, which is stupid considering it's a character. I won't develop any further on this thread my opinions on the show itself, i'll wait for a dedicated thread to do it.

Third, why in the Kirito drawer? Hollow character trying to go serious mode all day long, ending dumb. Overacting way too much. Also the perma cycle: do not understand something, cry, monologue, "now i know what life/love is about", really annoys me.

Anyway, i'm not trying to convince anyone since 99% of the community enjoyed Sakurasou, i guess there's something particular between me and this show ;)

Lol i probably hate Sakurasou more than you ( i think the 2nd part is utter shit) i wouldn't be against adding the anime itself to the relation list considering it is above 8.00 .
I don't really think Sorata fits in your Kirito drawer thing they are too different .
Kirito is usually calm and collected and successful in the game and romance department while Sorata is an obnoxious over the top emo brat who fails at everything.
Mar 28, 2013 7:05 AM

Feb 2013
tsudecimo said:
I don't really think Sorata fits in your Kirito drawer thing they are too different. Kirito is usually calm and collected and successful in the game and romance department while Sorata is an obnoxious over the top emo brat who fails at everything.
Fair enough, i might be wrong, then i don't know why i have this Kirito feeling when i look at Sorata.
Mar 28, 2013 11:19 AM

Dec 2012
Sh0wdown said:
tsudecimo said:
I don't really think Sorata fits in your Kirito drawer thing they are too different. Kirito is usually calm and collected and successful in the game and romance department while Sorata is an obnoxious over the top emo brat who fails at everything.
Fair enough, i might be wrong, then i don't know why i have this Kirito feeling when i look at Sorata.

Because they have the same voice actor maybe ?
Apr 3, 2013 2:24 AM

Sep 2012
http://myanimelist.net/character/41402/Mei_Misaki
What you think of her?Should we add her or anyone disagree?
Apr 6, 2013 3:01 PM

Aug 2009
2_Steps_Ahead said:
http://myanimelist.net/character/41402/Mei_Misaki
What you think of her?Should we add her or anyone disagree?

Eh, she wasn't really a great character, but not a bad one at that either. But we'll wait for other people who've seen Another.
Apr 6, 2013 3:49 PM

Feb 2013
I disliked Another mainly because of the ending which really pissed me off, but i won't blame Mei for it. She is just decent in my opinion, no more no less.
Apr 7, 2013 5:38 AM

Sep 2012
Oh ya she was a decent character because she never really speak(and no speaking means no bullshit spoutting) even when people are dying and forget the most important part of story.Other characters were right to blame her in anime.Otherwise she is pretty decent eye patch girl.
Apr 16, 2013 6:50 PM
Jul 2012
What about Sakeo from high school of the dead?
Apr 16, 2013 8:03 PM

Sep 2012
She is in the relations.(I suggested it).
Apr 17, 2013 12:37 PM
Jul 2012
Ok didn't see it. How about Rei high school of the dead?
Apr 17, 2013 1:21 PM

Sep 2011
GoldenBRS said:
How about Rei high school of the dead?
She isn't fanboyed over nor does she have many favorites on MAL.
Apr 17, 2013 2:31 PM

Nov 2011
Apr 17, 2013 2:49 PM

Jun 2011
Amberleh said:
There's always this thing:
http://myanimelist.net/character/1534/Rika_Furude

Rena has more fanboys than it does.
Apr 17, 2013 3:16 PM

Nov 2011
ForgoneReality said:
Amberleh said:

Oh Rena is on the relations, fear not.
Apr 17, 2013 3:50 PM

Jun 2011
Amberleh said:
ForgoneReality said:
Amberleh said:
Oh Rena is on the relations, fear not.

Oh, wow, I forgot to even check, haha.
Apr 17, 2013 5:31 PM
Jul 2018
Amberleh said:

Apr 17, 2013 5:41 PM

Jun 2011
^ What is even happening here?
Apr 17, 2013 5:47 PM

Aug 2009
Higurashi Kira is the worst, shameless shit Deen have done to the Higurashi franchise.
Apr 17, 2013 5:51 PM

Jun 2012
Neane1993 said:
Amberleh said:

A masterpiece.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (13) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Anime/Manga Recommendation Thread Based on Your List ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

removed-user - Jan 25, 2013

1162 by LeonhartAugust »»
May 13, 11:17 PM

Sticky: » The New Manga Enlightenment Camp - All plebes and Untermenschen MUST attend

Exinqt - Aug 21, 2015

31 by Ducat_Revel »»
Apr 2, 6:33 PM

» 10 Steps to Becoming an Anime Elitist

Deago - Jun 2, 2023

2 by AaronRRedfield »»
Jan 11, 3:52 PM

» Winter 2024 Overview

Deago - Dec 20, 2023

0 by Deago »»
Dec 20, 2023 8:24 AM

» Summer 2023 Overview

Deago - Jun 14, 2023

0 by Deago »»
Jun 14, 2023 7:48 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.