Forum Settings
Forums
New
Dec 29, 2012 11:48 AM

Apr 2011
What was the last film you watched? Also, what did you think if it?

I watched Look Who's Talking last night. It was funny in some bits. I liked it a lot more when I was younger.
LunaDec 30, 2012 8:38 AM
Pages (97) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Dec 29, 2012 11:52 AM

Dec 2012
Charlie and the chocolate factory.
I watched it with my family for Christmas, and it was enjoyable and a bit nostalgic.

Dec 29, 2012 11:55 AM

Jul 2007
Silver Linings Playbook. One of my favorite movies of the year.
My first novel, Kardia has been published! Click here to read!
Dec 29, 2012 12:15 PM

Jan 2012
The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part 2

Uh, yeah... Possibly the first movie with remotely decent production value that puzzled me in every single way in its pointlessness. Thoroughly confident that every single person on the production team secretly laughs behind the backs of the movie and the people who likes it. Michael Sheen was fucking hilarious as the "villain" and so completely over-the-top that they would never have let him get away with it if they took their shit seriously.
Dec 29, 2012 12:17 PM

Sep 2011
Rise of the guardians, 5/6th of the film is freaking magical, but the last 1/6th is kind of lame and falls into a cheesy factor even for a kids film, still worth it for the other 5/6, it has the best animation i have ever seen from a CG film

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Dec 29, 2012 12:18 PM

Apr 2011
GuZ said:
The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part 2

Uh, yeah... Possibly the first movie with remotely decent production value that puzzled me in every single way in its pointlessness. Thoroughly confident that every single person on the production team secretly laughs at the movie and the people who likes it. Michael Sheen was fucking hilarious as the "villain" and so completely over-the-top that they would never have let him get away with it if they took their shit seriously.

I've seen interviews with Robert Pattinson. It appears he doesn't take it seriously, either.
Dec 29, 2012 12:24 PM
Jun 2012
Disney's Tangled.

I thought it was fantastic. Disney's animated films have been kinda "meh" for the last decade or so, with the exceptions being The Princess and the Frog and Lilo & Stitch. I thought Tangled was a wonderful film though. The story, the visuals, the musical scores... everything was just well-done. I also really liked Rapunzel's personality and how she was portrayed in the film. The chemistry between her and Flynn was also captivating, and there was never a dull moment when they were together.

Here's my favorite scene:

Dat feel. :3
AttiaDec 29, 2012 12:27 PM
Dec 29, 2012 12:31 PM

Jul 2012
Django Unchained. It was pretty good, though I never found myself completely absorbed by the movie like I did with The Hobbit. Perhaps it was the Indian family next to me that though it was a fantastic idea to bring their five year old son with them, and then give him some sort of flashlight toy. Regardless, I find myself disagreeing with those critics who said that it was QT's best work since Pulp Fiction. While it was very good, I would say that Basterds and Kill Bill are easily superior films.

There was just something about Django, where the main character seemed more like a side character than anything else. Any scene where Foxx and Waltz shared the screen, Waltz was easily the more interesting to watch, and any scene with just Foxx made me want Waltz to appear. That's not to say Foxx was bad, but Django was nowhere near as interesting as Dr. King, and as a result, it seemed more like The Marvelous Adventures of Dr. King Shultz, featuring his Valet, Django.

It also seemed like it was two plots sewn together, one about bounty hunting, and the next about Django saving his wife. Unfortunately, this makes it seem as though there is no actual villain for what seems like a good two thirds of the movie. As a result, it seems to just...meander, I suppose. Regardless, it was still an enjoyable movie, with strong performances by Waltz, DiCaprio and Jackson.

I suppose my most recent animated film would be Perfect Blue. I won't be so long winded with this one, and will sum up my feelings thusly:

The f--- did I just watch?
Dec 29, 2012 12:40 PM

Oct 2011
I recently watched Drive.
It remains one of my favourite films. I like it more every time I watch it, and the soundtrack is just perfect.
Dec 29, 2012 12:51 PM

Jan 2012
Scarface

Was ok don't see why it's bigged up so much.
Dec 29, 2012 1:39 PM

Dec 2012
Mononoke Hime one of my favorit Anime's..bud Danish Dub seriusey ruend it
Dec 29, 2012 1:55 PM

Apr 2012
i was watching melancholia, but lars von trier's camera work made me dizzy so i stopped. probably going to see django then les miserables next week.
Dec 29, 2012 3:20 PM

Apr 2012
Red Dawn

Not as bad as I expected it to be, but still very impossibru. I couldn't help notice the North Koreans were rockin Ford HMMWVs. All I can say is, "its not as bad as it could have been". It was watchable.
LittleCaesarsDec 29, 2012 3:23 PM
Dec 29, 2012 3:57 PM

Nov 2012
Wreck-It Ralph, went watching it today.

Was an awesome film, go watch it gamers.
Dec 29, 2012 6:31 PM

Jan 2008
Inception. It was a pretty fun ride. The ending kinda annoyed me but nothing that I can't live with.
Dec 29, 2012 6:37 PM

Nov 2011
Insidious. It was an okay film but not as scary as people made it out to be.
Dec 29, 2012 7:11 PM

Jul 2007
mimick said:
Django Unchained. It was pretty good, though I never found myself completely absorbed by the movie like I did with The Hobbit. Perhaps it was the Indian family next to me that though it was a fantastic idea to bring their five year old son with them, and then give him some sort of flashlight toy. Regardless, I find myself disagreeing with those critics who said that it was QT's best work since Pulp Fiction. While it was very good, I would say that Basterds and Kill Bill are easily superior films.

There was just something about Django, where the main character seemed more like a side character than anything else. Any scene where Foxx and Waltz shared the screen, Waltz was easily the more interesting to watch, and any scene with just Foxx made me want Waltz to appear. That's not to say Foxx was bad, but Django was nowhere near as interesting as Dr. King, and as a result, it seemed more like The Marvelous Adventures of Dr. King Shultz, featuring his Valet, Django.

It also seemed like it was two plots sewn together, one about bounty hunting, and the next about Django saving his wife. Unfortunately, this makes it seem as though there is no actual villain for what seems like a good two thirds of the movie. As a result, it seems to just...meander, I suppose. Regardless, it was still an enjoyable movie, with strong performances by Waltz, DiCaprio and Jackson.

Just got back from Django myself. I agree with all of this. Disappointing, coming from Tarantino.
My first novel, Kardia has been published! Click here to read!
Dec 29, 2012 9:54 PM
May 2012
In theaters- The hobbit, an unexpected journey. I really enjoyed it :)
out of theaters- Trigun: Badlands rumble- amazing! ^^
Dec 29, 2012 9:58 PM

Jun 2008
Ugh, fell asleep watching Blade Runner. I might try again but I doubt it. I consider myself a scifi guy but I seriously thought the pacing could be quicker... and with more dialogue.
Dec 29, 2012 10:36 PM

Jul 2012
Splitter said:
Just got back from Django myself. I agree with all of this. Disappointing, coming from Tarantino.

Aye. It seemed to be missing some of the Tarantino style that I've become familiar with. There was only one scene with a rising feeling of dread, in which you know things will inevitably come to a violent end. It's not the violence I'm looking forward to, but that horrible feeling in your gut as it sinks in that most, if not all, of the people onscreen are about to be killed. Perhaps I've been spoiled by Basterds, which had so many (the opening, the restaurant, the tavern, etc.), and I just expected more.

Tachii said:
Ugh, fell asleep watching Blade Runner. I might try again but I doubt it. I consider myself a scifi guy but I seriously thought the pacing could be quicker... and with more dialogue.

Which version did you see? The original is awful in my opinion, what with Ford's lazy narration (done intentionally to try and convince the studio it was a bad idea to force it into the movie). The Final Cut is pretty good if you haven't seen it yet. It's still a bit slow, but I enjoyed it much more than previous versions, especially as I'm a fan of the "Deckard's a replicant" theory.
Dec 29, 2012 10:51 PM

Jun 2008
I have the final cut version. I like the premise but seriously could use a more upbeat pacing. Can't really fault the movie for that though. Mostly a personal gripe.
Dec 29, 2012 11:01 PM

Jul 2012
Well, it's certainly not for everyone. For all I know, I may just be forcing myself to like it, seeing as it's a "masterpiece." Lord knows my mind is pliable enough.
Dec 30, 2012 4:19 AM

Apr 2011
Tachii said:

I felt the same way once. Now, it's one of my favourite movies ever.

It's also good for times I can't sleep, lol.
Dec 30, 2012 4:21 AM

Sep 2012
Saw Jack Reacher. Completely surpassed all of my expectations.
Dec 30, 2012 7:54 AM

Apr 2012
Saw Django Unchained and Les Miserables last night, kind of a bad combination just because I was at the theater from 7pm to 1am. Nonetheless I like Django Unchained, the third act drug a little but the rest was pretty darn good. Les Miserables was different, most musicals there is dialogue between the musical numbers but this whole movie had like maybe 5 lines of dialogue. I got through it but it's tough to recommend if you aren't a fan of musicals in the first place.
Dec 30, 2012 8:21 AM

Dec 2012
Jack Reacher

The beginning was even more boring than the first episode of a comedy romance anime, but then it became a bit better. Tbh I didn't really like it a lot since it was hard to understand, but it had it's good parts.
"Only one with the courage
to shoulder the burden
of their own fate can
be called a hero.."

Dec 30, 2012 8:32 PM

Oct 2012
i just saw django with some friends and we all thought it was really good, the acting was great, as u would expect with that cast, but it did drag out a little at the end
Dec 30, 2012 8:46 PM

Oct 2012
Skyfall... sucked. Plot holes everwhere.
My subjective reviews: katsureview.wordpress.com
THE CHAT CLUB.
Dec 30, 2012 9:08 PM

May 2011
^Skyfall as well. There were a few fight scenes that I liked, but overall it sucked. Not to mention that the actor for Bond is ugly (I mean, I'm going to stare at him for a few hours, couldn't they get someone more good looking?) and a total creeper (shower scene anyone?). Oh and the song by Adele was pretty good.
Dec 30, 2012 9:56 PM

Jun 2008
Just watched the man with the iron fists with my dad. I laughed so bad in some of the scenes. Jamie Chung was still hot though.

Also some of the gore was uncalled for. We don't do that in most of our Chinese martial art films and Hollywood shouldn't do it either. :[

Fight scenes was decent. But mostly I was just laughing at the pure ridiculousness happening on screen. Kind of reminds me when I was watching Needless (anime).

7/10. Actually decided to give it a 7 because the music was pretty sweet, lol. Aside from that it would be a 6, a 5 if I wasn't laughing so much.

Major LOL during that flashback when RZA had that hair. It just seemed so out of place. My dad was mocking Russel Crowe for being this movie the whole way, lol.
TachiiDec 30, 2012 10:01 PM
Dec 31, 2012 1:27 AM

May 2012
HOBBIT - an unexpected journey..

Really nice movie and I enjoyed it..
Jan 1, 2013 11:31 PM

Jan 2013
I rewatched Spirited Away yesterday while I attempted to get some homework done! (And failed...) That movie is such a work of art! The story is whimsical and there are so many good morals throughout the movie. And I absolutely adore ChihiroxHaku! ^u^
Jan 1, 2013 11:51 PM

Jun 2008
Django Unchained......EASILY the best movie in 2012.

GO SEE IT NOW!

Seriously, it's very good.
Jan 1, 2013 11:56 PM

Dec 2012

Was funny. Really.
Jan 1, 2013 11:56 PM

Jun 2008
Watched Dredd on New Years' Eve. It's surprisingly not that bad. I had low expectations but Dredd was actually pretty badass. Reminds me of the Raid. The slo-mo was a pointless gimmick and was way too long in some scenes. It was also pretty bloody, but I was glad there wasn't sex at least (partly because my mom decided to watch the movie with me ._.).

7/10
Jan 2, 2013 10:41 AM

Nov 2008
Looper. Entertaining enough, despite Levitt's weird makeup and the nonsense that you'd expect from a time traveling movie.

Jan 5, 2013 1:22 PM

Feb 2009
Immortals ... enjoyed it, used some Greek mythology themes about Theseus. Mickey Rourke was a really well done ruthless villain as King Hyperion.
Jan 6, 2013 2:56 AM
Nov 2012
galil said:
I recently watched Drive.
It remains one of my favourite films. I like it more every time I watch it, and the soundtrack is just perfect.

omg a drive fan, i fucken love that movie, the soundtrack, the style, everything is sooo good. ive already watched it 3 times

*yay 60 post :D*
Jan 6, 2013 4:34 AM

Dec 2012
I just watched the return of the king blu-ray extended edition.
Preparing myself before i see the hobbit haha
It was amazing
Almost 4 hours of awesomeness
Jan 6, 2013 3:17 PM

Sep 2012
Saw Lincoln yesterday. Never have I seen so many old couples in one theater.
But anyway, too much heavy dialogue for me. I dozed off midway through and missed a good chunk of it.
Jan 7, 2013 7:53 AM

Sep 2012
I recently watched Foxfire: Confessions of a girl gang. The movie is set in a small town of the US during the 50s and is about a bunch of high school lesbians doing wild shit. The movie has its up and down, but overall it was a fun watch. A lot of casts weren't professionnal actor, but they delivered a pretty compelling performance. Really nice acting from the leader of the gang, and she was really hot too.
SetsukoHaraJan 7, 2013 8:19 AM
Jan 7, 2013 8:43 AM

Oct 2012
Recently watched National Treasure 2: The Book of Secrets

Always loved the movie. Remember first seeing it in theaters with a friend all those years ago.

It's one of my favorites.
Jan 7, 2013 8:53 AM

Nov 2011
Modern Times (1936)- Not as good as City Lights(1931) but still an excellent movie. Chaplin has made a movie that is one part comedy, one part social commentary, and all heart. Also, the lead actress is real pretty.
The Art of Eight
Jan 7, 2013 9:39 AM

Jul 2012
Just watched The Cabin in the Woods. I DO NOT go for "this kind" of fare, but I had read that it was truly unlike other horror films. And they were right. first 15 minutes might seem stereotypical, but it quickly evolved into something far different and super entertaining. Clever and satiricall. It was really quite awesome.
Jan 7, 2013 4:15 PM

Nov 2007
The hobbit: An Unexpected Journey, loved it so much.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Jan 9, 2013 5:11 PM
Oct 2012
Rurorin Kenshin the one that came out recently... was amazing >.<"!!!!
Jan 9, 2013 8:55 PM
Mar 2012
Django Unchained was the best movie of the year, it deserves the best picture oscar indeed....
Jan 10, 2013 5:04 PM

Jun 2009
For a Few Dollars More. I've watched this so many times and it's still a great film. Eastwood and Cleef are pretty much the definition of cool here. Style over substance at it finest. I prefer the Good, the Bad, and the Ugly though.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Jan 10, 2013 5:07 PM

Aug 2012
daintybiscuit said:
Just watched The Cabin in the Woods. I DO NOT go for "this kind" of fare, but I had read that it was truly unlike other horror films. And they were right. first 15 minutes might seem stereotypical, but it quickly evolved into something far different and super entertaining. Clever and satiricall. It was really quite awesome.

It was an obvious weed promotion movie haha, I don't have a problem with that, it's just funny how the stoner was the only one who knew what was going on.

I just finished からのきょうかい:むじゅんらせん. It was great.
Jan 10, 2013 5:53 PM

Aug 2012
Amputeed said:
Saw Lincoln yesterday. Never have I seen so many old couples in one theater.
But anyway, too much heavy dialogue for me. I dozed off midway through and missed a good chunk of it.

Ha! IKR? I could literally smell the distinctive scent of the elderly in the theater.

Last film I watched was Les Miserables.
TBH, it was okay, not that amazing. Russel Crow sucked dick at singing, and Amanda was "alright". Anne Hathaway was great but had little screen time. Hugh Jackman did a pretty good job, but I always half-expected him to whip out his claws halfway and tear through everyone when he was in a tight pickle- not being able to see that had upset me.

Oh and that brown-haired girl was very good at singing. But who the hell is she?
Pages (97) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» What is your favorite song at the moment? ^^ ( 1 2 3 )

sava - Oct 15, 2020

117 by thehugeanifan »»
46 minutes ago

» Japanese music artist official fan clubs worth it or not?

thehugeanifan - 55 minutes ago

0 by thehugeanifan »»
55 minutes ago

» Animated lyric videos/AMV

RudeRedis - 3 hours ago

0 by RudeRedis »»
3 hours ago

» Post songs that you are addicted to right now ( 1 2 )

tsukareru - Apr 26

84 by scarydragon »»
5 hours ago

» What was the last TV show episode (non anime) have you watched? ( 1 2 )

Vargnatt - Mar 23

50 by RenaPsychoKiller »»
6 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.