Forum Settings
Forums

Do you Download, Buy or Stream anime's/Manga?

New
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Aug 9, 2013 9:30 PM

Jun 2008
I buy manga.....but only the ones I really enjoy.
Aug 9, 2013 9:31 PM
Feb 2008
Sometimes. Nowadays with all the boxsets being released for less then 30 bucks, shows are far more affordable to own. I remember when 4 episodes was about that price.
Aug 9, 2013 9:31 PM

Dec 2009
not yet.
Aug 9, 2013 9:33 PM

Mar 2012
yes though I only have bought Little Busters!

Though I plan on buying more of my favorites some time; and once I'm no longer a student I'll buy all 10's and some 9's.
Aug 9, 2013 9:36 PM

May 2012
I blow too much of my money on games to afford anything else.
Someone needs to tell China that their cartoons are way too expensive.
Aug 9, 2013 9:42 PM

Oct 2012
megabot_SL-1200 said:
Someone needs to tell China that their cartoons are way too expensive.

Right?

Aug 9, 2013 9:43 PM
Laughing Man

Jun 2012
Yes, sometimes.

I'm level on MAL-Badges. View my badges.
Aug 9, 2013 9:48 PM

Jul 2008
I had over 150 boxsets (anime series, OVA, movies etc) but as I grew older, I stop buying because it was taking a lot of storage and I can say my parents aren't too fond of my habit :P
Aug 9, 2013 9:49 PM

Apr 2012
I'm planning on it.
"The more inexperienced you are, the more you want to show off."
- Oreki, Hyouka
Aug 9, 2013 10:14 PM

Mar 2013
yes i buy anime. i have actually done the math and the price to content ratio of the average funimation show is about the same as buying a Hollywood movie so if you by movies you should have no problem affording anime. keep in mind anime sets are more expensive than some random movie because there is more content in them. that is where the price to content ratio comes in. also here is a tip funimation likes to release shows in 2 parts then a year later release the whole show for the price of 1 of those parts so be patient when buying anime. 1 last tip do some shopping around. different websites charge different amounts and have different sales. an example would be how i got all of soul eater on amazon for $25 when they were selling it on rightstuff for $45. so keep stuff like that in mind.
Just because you know how to use a torrent does not give you the god given right to pirate.

My actual list: https://kitsu.io/users/mattbenz99/library

check out my youtube channel for my review: https://www.youtube.com/user/mattbenz99

Aug 9, 2013 10:28 PM

Jun 2013
mattbenz99 said:
yes i buy anime. i have actually done the math and the price to content ratio of the average funimation show is about the same as buying a Hollywood movie so if you by movies you should have no problem affording anime. keep in mind anime sets are more expensive than some random movie because there is more content in them. that is where the price to content ratio comes in. also here is a tip funimation likes to release shows in 2 parts then a year later release the whole show for the price of 1 of those parts so be patient when buying anime. 1 last tip do some shopping around. different websites charge different amounts and have different sales. an example would be how i got all of soul eater on amazon for $25 when they were selling it on rightstuff for $45. so keep stuff like that in mind.
Patience is key, or you'll end up wasting your money.

I buy my favorites.

Aug 9, 2013 10:33 PM

Oct 2012
I've never bought any anime, only its merchandise.
Aug 9, 2013 10:37 PM

Mar 2013
zdude18 said:
mattbenz99 said:

I buy my favorites.

i said be patient because funimation releases 2 halves then the full version a year later
Just because you know how to use a torrent does not give you the god given right to pirate.

check out my youtube channel for my review: https://www.youtube.com/user/mattbenz99

Aug 9, 2013 10:41 PM

Aug 2011
If I enjoy a series enough, I'll buy it. Which is rare.

Aug 9, 2013 10:51 PM

Dec 2012
Itami-chan said:
If I enjoy a series enough, I'll buy it. Which is rare.
my avatar is the bus driver from Rosario + Vampire
Aug 9, 2013 11:01 PM

Apr 2012
Since most of my budget goes into videogames, and I dont like watching something twice and on top of that I hate physical goods (I buy my games almost only digitally), definetly NO.
Aug 9, 2013 11:10 PM

Mar 2013
baki502 said:
Since most of my budget goes into videogames, and I dont like watching something twice and on top of that I hate physical goods (I buy my games almost only digitally), definetly NO.

you can buy digital downloads of anime on itunes and amazon

Aug 9, 2013 11:31 PM

Jun 2013
mattbenz99 said:
zdude18 said:
mattbenz99 said:

I buy my favorites.

i said be patient because funimation releases 2 halves then the full version a year later
Yes, I was agreeing with you.

Aug 9, 2013 11:50 PM

Mar 2013
zdude18 said:
mattbenz99 said:
zdude18 said:
mattbenz99 said:

I buy my favorites.

Yes, I was agreeing with you.

oh. then thank you

Aug 10, 2013 12:03 AM

Nov 2011
Why would I do such a thing?
I luv u
Aug 10, 2013 12:09 AM

Apr 2012
Jaguer91 said:
Why would I do such a thing?

"To support the industry" even though there are ways to do that for free.
Aug 10, 2013 1:00 AM

Jun 2013
To date I've only purchased Code Geass R1 and R2 on Blu-ray (my favourite series) :) Where I live - Australia - anime is quite expensive. :S if I were to buy more in the future, I would have to utterly love the anime!! :D
Aug 10, 2013 1:04 AM

Jun 2013
NOPE

Aug 10, 2013 1:10 AM

Oct 2009
I watch whatever Funimation puts out for free viewing on there website.
Aug 10, 2013 1:25 AM

May 2010
i have about 130 legit anime dvds

prices vary from less than 5 bucks per disc to almost 100 dollars for about 4 discs

it gets complicated, but mostly depends on if you can afford it, how much you want it, how rare it is, and other factors

some of them come with cool special features, surround sound and cool boxes
Fiction Responsibly
Aug 10, 2013 5:13 AM

Jul 2013
I used to years ago, but that when when they were all sold in volumes so I stopped buying them because £20 for only 4 episodes is too expensive. So that's why I never finished Cowboy Bebop or Ghost in the Shell but I recently got CB part 1 on bluray and all the Ghost in the Shell complete box sets each for the price of each volume!

But mostly I just watch online now unless they're cheap. Like I got Phantom: Requiem for a Phantom for like £12 the other week on sale.

I still need to watch all of those though lol.

Plus I never know what to watch half of the time or what I'll like so it's easier to watch online so then if you like it then you can carry on but if you don't and you drop it then you haven't wasted any money at least.
Aug 10, 2013 5:26 AM
Apr 2013
I buy internet and watch on free sites, counts?
Aug 10, 2013 5:33 AM

Apr 2011
Why buy when free? Seriously speaking, no, I don't buy. Why don't I buy? Because I don't have enough money to buy even a pack of biscuits (costs less than a dollar).
Aug 10, 2013 5:41 AM

Mar 2013
Well,no.I don't buy anime.I pirate it from various torrent sites.I have never payed a single dime for anime and probably never will.
So Far,so Good...So What!
Aug 10, 2013 5:45 AM
Apr 2013
yhunata said:
Why buy when free? Seriously speaking, no, I don't buy. Why don't I buy? Because I don't have enough money to buy even a pack of biscuits (costs less than a dollar).
Go to chef's parents disguised as a girl scout and ask for tree fiddy
Aug 10, 2013 5:48 AM

Apr 2011
Dolan-chan said:
yhunata said:

You do realise that I was exaggerating on that example. Either way, no thanks.
Aug 10, 2013 6:03 AM
Apr 2013
yhunata said:
Dolan-chan said:
yhunata said:

You dont want no tree fiddeh?
Aug 10, 2013 6:03 AM

Aug 2008
When I really enjoy a series if I can I save up the money that I need and I buy the dvds.
For that reason I don't buy a lot of series, but I buy a lot of movies (first and foremost all of the Miyazaki's ones)

--|Blog|--
Aug 10, 2013 6:23 AM

Jan 2013
DeathRadiation said:
Well,no.I don't buy anime.I pirate it from various torrent sites.I have never payed a single dime for anime and probably never will.

yhunata said:

You should at least stream it through legal sites to support the industry that you enjoy in some way. It cost nothing and it just gives 5sec ads before videos.
Aug 10, 2013 6:38 AM

May 2013
Basically I only buy anime/manga when:

-They're cheap
-They're the ones that I personally think are better anime/manga
-They're cheap
-They're cheap
Aug 10, 2013 6:40 AM

Dec 2012
I would buy them or support them but Torrents don't support and I like pretty fansubs better
P.S broke... need a job

Aug 10, 2013 6:44 AM

Apr 2011
PyroKnife said:
yhunata said:

You should at least stream it through legal sites to support the industry that you enjoy in some way. It cost nothing and it just gives 5sec ads before videos.

Uhhhh..... Maldives? We don't exist to these "legal streaming sites", you see.
Aug 10, 2013 6:49 AM
Blitzball Player

Dec 2011
Everything on my list that is purchasable I have bought. So around 150+ box sets/movies. I feel like a have a stronger connection to an anime when I buy it personally. I am also somewhat of an video/audiophile so the best quality is an absolute must for me. I'm like this towards all mediums though. I buy all my music CD's/records (over a 1,000 on that) and general movies. I love collecting and owning plus I am ultimately supporting the people who have given me so much happiness. ^_^
Aug 10, 2013 6:50 AM

Jul 2013
Well lately i have been buying lot's of boxset's but usually i pick them up only once in a while.
Aug 10, 2013 7:14 AM

Aug 2012
Nope, I stream and watch on Toonami since I am in the USA. Buying the discs is too expensive.
This topic has not been locked and is still available for discussion.
Aug 10, 2013 7:15 AM

Nov 2012
Maybe if i settled down a bit and earned some money, i support the industry.
Aug 10, 2013 7:25 AM

Mar 2013
I never buy anime, I don't think its necessary at all because I can see everything on the Internet.
And even if I wanted to buy anime, it would not be possible because they don't sell all the anime I want in my country.
Aug 10, 2013 7:41 AM

Jul 2012
like others, i will ONLY buy an anime if i have seen it and it is very important/significant to me

i would never take the chance of buying a set without knowing if i will actually enjoy it

i own two different Berserk boxsets (like, duh-me ^^)
Aug 10, 2013 8:34 AM

Jun 2013
Dolan-chan said:
yhunata said:
Dolan-chan said:
yhunata said:

You dont want no tree fiddeh?
Damn loch ness monsters always tryin to get mah tree fiddy.

Aug 10, 2013 9:43 AM

Jun 2013
I only buy my favourites, and even then I buy them second hand off of eBay/Amazon. It's literally about £20 for a 25 episode anime in the UK, at least in the shops that I've looked at. That's just stupid.
Aug 10, 2013 11:58 AM

Dec 2011
I only buy anime if it's top-tier, or if it's less than tree fiddy.
Ooo, what a lovely tea party.
Aug 10, 2013 12:04 PM

Jul 2008
No, I think it's a waste of money buying things you can get for free.
Aug 10, 2013 12:09 PM
Jun 2012
i don't but everyone should!
Aug 10, 2013 12:27 PM
Jul 2018
I buy some anime, and I do it enough where I'd consider it some. Like, I currently own the entirety of:
Gurren Lagann
Durarara!!
Casshern Sins
Afro Samurai
Ghost Hound
.hack//Quantum
Tenchi Universe

as well as the movies:
Summer Wars
Death Note Relight 1
Death Note Relight 2
Fullmetal Alchemist: Conqueror of Shamballa
Kakurenbo: Hide and Seek
Gigantor: The Motion Picture
Pokemon: The Third Movie
and if you count it:
Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children
Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within

And other parts, like:
Digimon Adventure Season 1 Volume 1
Digimon Adventure Season 1 Volume 2
Inuyasha Season 1
Robotech: The Macross Saga
.hack//Sign Volume 3
.hack//Roots Volume 3
NGE Volume 1
2 Random NGE Volumes
Random Pokemon VHS tapes
1 random Hamtaro VHS tape
Aug 10, 2013 12:30 PM

Dec 2012
No, I do not. I usually just stream it.
I like anime.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

» Have you ever cried in public while watching anime?

Mayahuel - 2 hours ago

19 by FZREMAKE »»
8 minutes ago

Poll: » Is there a correlation between not liking spicy food, and liking bad anime?

Nyron - 10 hours ago

37 by Nirinbo »»
15 minutes ago

» morality indicators in anime ( 1 2 )

slopgobbler - Jun 20

94 by JaniSIr »»
21 minutes ago

» Idolizing Villains

SimplyBrazen - Jun 19

44 by Haneken2086 »»
23 minutes ago

» Is fantasy now isekai?

louis1000 - Yesterday

18 by Vaturna »»
45 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.