Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jan 7, 2013 7:56 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------

New OP Song!

Well, this episode was alright I guess. Mashiro looked cute in that apron and cooking in the kitchen :3. Had to face palm myself when I saw Misaki in that santa uniform. Oh, that girl. Lol'd @ new ED song.

Jan 7, 2013 8:24 AM
Nov 2012
Is the episode subbed somewhere already?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 7, 2013 8:51 AM

Nov 2007
@Theodoricos: No, the raw is just out.

lol @ the illustrator girl made the atmosphere and broke it, and lol @ that cat robot. Both Seiyuu girl and manga editor noticed her change, too. lol @ the whole cooking scene, and sempai girl's "request" for Christmas Eve.

Love the new OP! ED is cute!
tsubasaloverJan 7, 2013 9:07 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Jan 7, 2013 8:55 AM

May 2009
Oh boy, I know where this is going, next episode will be enjoyable as fuck.
bastek66Jan 7, 2013 11:49 AM
Jan 7, 2013 8:58 AM
Nov 2012
I'm guessing that nothing serious was made out of what Shiina said at the end of episode twelve and was handwaved away for now.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 7, 2013 9:20 AM
Feb 2012
bastek66 said:
Oh boy, I know where this is going, next episode will be enjoyable as fuck.

Aaaaaaaaaaw yiiiiiiiiiiiir!!!
Jan 7, 2013 10:07 AM
Dec 2012
One intriguing thing from this episode is Ayano's remark on Mashiro. Like she said, Mashiro was more like an artist before. Nothing could countervail such a loss of talent though Mashiro might be happy.
Jan 7, 2013 11:20 AM

Jul 2010
New OP and ED! Especially like the ED with the bopping heads.

Dat pinky swear between Sorata and Nanami.
Jan 7, 2013 11:55 AM

Jan 2011
Sorata's ring tone of his mobile phone was "Out Run - Splash wave"!! So cool!

Jan 7, 2013 12:42 PM

Oct 2012
There is something wrong here. How did this show go from 8.19 to 8.34 in like 1 day, and the vote counter went down too. Did something get reset or something? And god that dream at the beginning was funny. Actually, the whole episode was hilarious. Also the new op was pretty good. I liked the old one better maybe. But it is very creative.
AnimeHAwk616Jan 7, 2013 3:38 PM
Jan 7, 2013 3:35 PM

Jun 2011
Sorata breaking Shiina. Well, it's not completely not understandable. He wants that Shiina who totally relies on him. I don't think Sorata viewed Shiina as a potential girlfriend before. Now Shiina feels like she is growing up, it is giving him this mix feeling which worries him(?)
Jan 7, 2013 5:44 PM

Mar 2012
New OP and ED for the second half of the season. I liked this OP better but personally loved the last ED.

It looks like we're moving into a full-on romance arc. For better or for worse, this episode shows that Sorata is still human. He's obviously uncomfortable with the changes Shiina is making, but man, he's as dense as could be. Everything will probably work out in the end. As for Aoyama, I feel like Sorata's going to end up ditching her to be with Shiina that night -- or at the very least attend both. In any case, Aoyama won't get a fair shake, which I think is kind of sad. But well, Sorata's going to end up with Shiina for sure.

The humor as always is great. Misaki's marriage registration letter made me laugh so hard.
Jan 7, 2013 7:17 PM

Sep 2012
come on horriblesubs, been waitin all day :'(
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Praise the Oppai ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

Jan 7, 2013 7:20 PM

May 2009
Shiveron said:

Crunchy is always 2 days later
Jan 7, 2013 7:31 PM

Sep 2012
bastek66 said:
Shiveron said:

Crunchy is always 2 days later

Crunchy =/= Horriblesubs :|

Jan 7, 2013 7:35 PM

May 2009
Shiveron said:

Oh, wow, so new.
HS rips CR video and subs.
You were using rori or ahotaku and didn't even noticed it.
Jan 7, 2013 7:40 PM

Sep 2012
bastek66 said:
Shiveron said:

Oh, wow, so new.
HS rips CR video and subs.
You were using rori or ahotaku and didn't even noticed it.

Wasn't aware they were ripping CR. How come i've never waited 2 days on any of the other shows I was following? I see it now on HS's website that it's scheduled for weds now though. That's gay as fuck :|

Jan 7, 2013 8:25 PM

Aug 2012
Rori's pretty slow today. :/
Jan 7, 2013 9:28 PM
Dec 2011
It's out already. I'll give my comments later.
Jan 7, 2013 9:54 PM

Aug 2012
Great episode for Aoyama fans. Can't wait for the next one as always! 5/5
Jan 7, 2013 10:12 PM
Dec 2010
He was a little bish this ep tho what a a hole want to beat him up =[
Jan 7, 2013 10:20 PM

May 2010
sorata no baka :(
Jan 7, 2013 10:29 PM

Nov 2008
eminagnam said:
One intriguing thing from this episode is Ayano's remark on Mashiro. Like she said, Mashiro was more like an artist before. Nothing could countervail such a loss of talent though Mashiro might be happy.

thats not really that intriguing as its been made as a point before ~ I mean just as a point of contention ... she is a human right? so if she wants to draw shell draw if she wants to paint shell paint her talent is her own , she should be out to be happy not to please the world with 'talent' lol

BrownSlush said:
Great episode for Aoyama fans.

That it was - but well see if it lasts ;)

Casperkid15 said:

Yep he has very little if any skill in romance haha though it of course doesnt excuse his yelling the frustration there he was more yelling at himself for feeling inferior or something to that effect - and as stated his romantic talents arent exactly renowned though
sirwenceJan 7, 2013 11:19 PM
Jan 7, 2013 10:44 PM
Apr 2012
New OP is a little better. Thought the 1st ED was better.
Jan 7, 2013 10:53 PM

Nov 2007
BrownSlush said:
Rori's pretty slow today. :/

New OP and new ED. Should be a good reason to justify why they were late. And they did awesome fx in the OP too!

As for the episode, it was really wonderful. When Shiina said she wants Sorata to get out of her, she really wanted to mean that Sorata is all she can think of right now! That was like saying she cannot think of anything other than Sorata, to be more specific, she is head over heels for him, poor girl cannot really understand that she is in love!

I really dislike the way Sorata treats Shiina whenever he sees how his efforts are not coming to fruition while Shiina, despite having all the talents, not taking things seriously. The way he shouted at the poor girl when she was trying to cook for none other than him, I really wanted to kick his arse.

I also noticed how he treats Nanami differently. Even though she vents her frustration a lot since she cannot convey her feelings for him and practically seeing that Shiina has fallen in love with Sorata, I can understand where she is coming from but, at least she should be glad that she has never seen the harsh side of Sorata, which Shiina sees a bit too often. That doesn't mean she doesn't have the right to fall in love with him though. I like her. And even though she has this reserved personality, she is cute and helplessly in love with Sorata, almost making me wanting to cheer on for her!

As for Misaki-senpai, I really don't know why she has been overlooked by Jin for so long. She gives the vibes of happy-go-lucky girl all the time, and ever so optimistic and trying her best to make Jin notice her feelings for him, but when she makes those sad faces, it really makes me feel for her.

5/5. Great anime! Screw new winter anime line-up (apart from Chihayafuru and Tamako Market). We already have amazing shows continuing from last season in Uchuu Kyoudai, Jojo, Robotics;Notes, Bakuman 3., Magi and definitely this!
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Jan 7, 2013 10:58 PM
Sep 2012
No Sakurasou for over 2 weeks was making me insane, now it's back with a new op and ed, loved it
Jan 7, 2013 11:00 PM

Jul 2012
Liking the new OP and ED. Rori put some effort into subbing them :) Good episode as usual.
My Anime Blog: http://www.Entravity.com/
Episodic overviews of the latest anime.

Jan 7, 2013 11:03 PM

May 2008
Casperkid15 said:

^This.. X2.
*Shiina talking about how she likes knifes was awesome.
*Nanami asking Sorata on Christmas eve was good.
*Misaki-senpai putting a marriage paper on Jin's locker was good. XD
*Also Nice New OP and END Songs.
Jan 7, 2013 11:13 PM
Sep 2012
Misaki is on a roll in this episode. First that dream, then the attempted kissing rape and that marriage proposal complete with the music. LMAO

Shiina is looking mighty sexy dressed as a maid and she's now able to stand up for herself against Sorata. Good for her! Sorata was being a dick anyways.

Sorata is as clueless as ever and he even acted like a dick to Shiina. Someone should bitch-slap him to wake him up.

LOL @ Yuuko being trick so easily.

I'm glad this show is finally back!
IconicJan 7, 2013 11:21 PM
Jan 7, 2013 11:26 PM
Oct 2012
Sorata is clearly in sakurasou because he's terrible at picking up on things.
Jan 7, 2013 11:32 PM
Mar 2011
Doompuppie said:

yup, the typical dense MC have surfaced. looks like a triangle is coming as well. hopefully no cliches happen
"....i am the villain in this story"
Jan 7, 2013 11:52 PM

Nov 2008
amginex said:
Doompuppie said:

yup, the typical dense MC have surfaced. looks like a triangle is coming as well. hopefully no cliches happen

It certainly will have a cliche or two - they are after all cliches for a reason.. they 'work'

But you eventually get great scenes like this
sirwenceJan 7, 2013 11:56 PM
Jan 7, 2013 11:59 PM

Dec 2010
Just when it was going great Kanda had to be a jackass to Shiina. Seriously.

But goddamn, Shiina actually snapped. I never heard her raise her voice until now.

"Get out of me!" Poor Shiina. I wish they gave her more of a distressed look on her face.

Seems like that promise is going to be broken...

Good episode. I really feel bad for Shiina. Her heart was broken just like that.

Jan 8, 2013 12:01 AM

Jul 2012
Bout time the subs came out, was afraid I'd have to wait till tomorrow.
I don't like the new OP and ED that much..

God I missed this show. It's amazing drama and comedy that never fails to make me laugh, why do I have to wait a week for the next episode?! Things seem to be heating up, it feels like something big is going to happen. Caaaaaaannnnttt wait

If you really want to fit in, just put Legend of the Galactic Heroes in your top 5 and have it be the only 10-rated anime in your list.
Jan 8, 2013 12:05 AM
Sep 2012
Theodoricos said:
Is the episode subbed somewhere already?

http://www.lovemyanime.net/sakurasou-no-pet-na-kanojo-episode-13/
Jan 8, 2013 12:06 AM

Jan 2011
Man I love the dialogue and drama in this anime!! The kitchen scene was hilarious with the knives and cat's paw.
Sorata gets rejected by the game company again and takes out his anger towards Mashiro and now she's feeling depressed. Way to go Sorata. >.>
Great for Aoyama though, she's able to go to the play with Sorata. Next episode is gonna be good.
The new OP and ED are pretty good but I prefer the first ones.
Jan 8, 2013 12:11 AM

Jun 2012
The new OP and ED were okay, entertaining enough but Days of Dash I couldn't get out of my head

The second cour starts off with the cast confronting their feelings regarding each other. I gave Sorata credit last season saying how he was his own character unlike other typical shonen romantic comedy male characters but here he was being competely dense when it came to Shiina and Aoyama. One of these days I want to see a male lead in another series like this(Shonen romantic comedy) to be able to reasonably pick up signals and not have to let things get out of hand before he realizes the girls feelings but that's never going to happen >.> That's why I found My Little Monster( I know it's techincally Shojo but it's probably the least shojo romance show I've seen ever) so refreshing because it was always straight to its point.

Out of this whole love triangle between Shiina, Aoyama, and Sorata I feel sorry for Shiina the most because of her inability to process and communicate her feelings. In other shows, the females choose to ignore their romantic feelings towards the guy which pisses me off but here she is experiencing this new emotion and Shiina isn't sure of how to go about it. So out of confusion she goes to Sorata about this problem which in itself is complicated but that's her fallback : / I hope either Shiina is able to tell what she's feeling inside towards Sorata or Sorata can stop being another clueless male lead.

It doesn't need to be like a shojo where the guy confesses in the 1st episode but after spending time with the girls around him and he notices they are acting strange he should be able to piece 2 and 2 together. As for Misaki and Jin, she is setting up an ultimatum for him on Christmas Eve where she hopes to finally get some which I love. She's tired of him dodging the issue at hand so she's making it to where he'll have to give a reply to her.
Jan 8, 2013 12:40 AM
Dec 2011
I actually prefer the 1st OP and ED. The 1st OP fits with the first cour of the series which is more friendly and comedic, and the 2nd OP fits with the second cour which has more serious story elements.

I was right that this series would make me feel like how I felt watching Toradora. This is definitely one of my favorites of 2012 (and also 2013). Just like Toradora the series started very friendly and comedic in the first cour but then starts to have more serious story elements in the second cour (which it will). Like Taiga did in Toradora, Mashiro will slowly experience important changes within her.

Next episode will end vol 4's story. After that only 10 episodes will be left. From the pacing the series will likely to cover up to LN vol 6 or 7. If this is true then either there's gonna be an anime original ending or there will be a 2nd season. I hope there will be a 2nd season and in for that to happen the 1st season needs to have good BD/DVD sales.
Jan 8, 2013 12:46 AM

Jan 2011
fucking Sorata dense as a rock,could there be a shed of light for Aoyama? i hope so
new op and ed were okay not better the first ones mainly Day of Dash -too good~.
Jan 8, 2013 1:01 AM

Nov 2011
I really hate it when someone takes out their frustration on someone else.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Jan 8, 2013 1:04 AM
Sep 2012
ep was good except the part where soraka started being a lil bitch again and took it out on shina, that's getting pretty annoying
Jan 8, 2013 1:10 AM
Nov 2012
The episode was largely entertaining and it was interesting seeing Shiina become, as her editor herself pointed out, a little more human because of Sorata.

However, I don't like that they've basically still stalling with the love triangle. Aoyama was pretty insistent that Sorata go catch Shiina from the airport, and she seemed to know the reason why she wanted to see him on the school building rooftop.

Then why would she ask Sorata to come with her on that concert to Christmas Eve when she herself sees he's set on somebody else, and it's something that we're shown in the actual anime? With the romantic tone of the scene of her invitation, that is.
Jan 8, 2013 1:13 AM

May 2011
As an artist I can relate to sorata a lot.. You get so happy about your own work and feel a little confident, and then you show off your work you're so proud of and then you get shut down, after that you see someone so skilled and gifted having things kinda easy while you struggle makes you feel so frustrated, it's almost to the point where you hate your own work because it doesn't matter, you'll never be as good.
But with that said he had no right to rage at a girl who didn't cause his misfortune.
<center></center>
Jan 8, 2013 1:42 AM

Aug 2012
Why would you yell at Shina. New OP woo so happy to see a new episode!
Jan 8, 2013 1:42 AM

Aug 2012
im already feeling sorry for aoyama. i have a feeling that the promise will be broken.

someone else always have what you want, but it usually means nothing to them...
Jan 8, 2013 2:00 AM

Jul 2010
I'm worried. Personally, I have to say I liked the original opening and ending more. Especially the scene from the op when they were clapping together, but for some reason, something feels different in the anime. I can't name it, it might just seem new with a christmas break, but I'm just worried. I am also suffering form disappointing main character syndrome with Sorata taking his anger out on Mashiro again. I"m all for Sorata Nanami scenes, but I dislike him treating Mashiro badly and I dunno what to expect now.
Jan 8, 2013 2:14 AM
Dec 2012
Casperkid15 said:

Agreed! Sorata's stupidity made me give this episode a 4/5. :(
Poor Mashiro. Nanami happy = Mashiro sad. Vice versa.
Jan 8, 2013 2:15 AM

Jan 2012
Great episode once again. Misaki-senpai was hilarious.

Jan 8, 2013 2:15 AM

May 2010
I never like Sorata when he is being angry and blaming it all to Shiina, heck I never actually liked him !!
Jan 8, 2013 2:40 AM

Aug 2012
Yay for Shiina actually showing emotion.
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 8, 2012

289 by Nayasianboy »»
May 21, 6:31 AM

Poll: » Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Mar 25, 2013

641 by Wholesome_Seeker »»
May 13, 10:51 AM

Poll: » Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 18, 2013

402 by HandSonicPlayer »»
May 4, 11:16 AM

Poll: » Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Oct 22, 2012

246 by Kristhian1_ »»
May 1, 2:28 PM

Poll: » Best Girl

Shizuna - Mar 23, 2022

29 by Mochi_i »»
Mar 31, 10:42 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.