Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (29) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »
Dec 22, 2012 3:01 PM

Sep 2011
Niyawa said:
shanimebib said:
Guys check this out! SEASON 2 of SAO has been announced!

I don't see that anywhere in the link.

He's merely stating that it's been "ANNOUNCED" because of how well it's selling, but he's pretty much saying it with no proof. The exception being the great sales.
Dec 22, 2012 3:04 PM

Jan 2011
@Tyler @Blood
Well, high sales =/= seacond season.
Look at Horizon, nothing until now.

So shanimebib, don't do that.
Dec 22, 2012 3:04 PM

Apr 2012
Niyawa said:
@Tyler @Blood
Well, high sales =/= seacond season.
Look at Horizon, nothing until now.

So shanimebib, don't do that.

Horizon got a second season.
As a child, I was told that society is a melting pot of talents; knowledge and experience combined to form important alloys that will contribute to mankind. When I got to highschool, however, I thought that it's more like a river in which the water represents our peers while we ourselves are the stones in the river. Constant erosion by mindless majority sheeping has made us lose our unique edge. After I hit the age of 18, I realized that I've been wrong all along. Society is no melting pot. Society is no river. Society is a person, a very skilled rapist, and he has fucked us all.
Dec 22, 2012 3:05 PM

Jan 2010
I loved Swordart Online! But ALO was just awful.....until episodes 24-25 brought that sheer awesomeness back. I honesty did not expect the fight during the first 5 minutes. I realllllllllllllllly wanted to give it a 9/10, but ALO brought it down to 8/10.

Jan 2008
Tyrel said:
Niyawa said:
shanimebib said:
Guys check this out! SEASON 2 of SAO has been announced!

I don't see that anywhere in the link.

He's merely stating that it's been "ANNOUNCED" because of how well it's selling, but he's pretty much saying it with no proof. The exception being the great sales.

I had assumed he thought Vol 2 meant Season 2. Lol. I'm surprised SAO isn't in 1st.

Aug 2009
Niyawa said:
ssjokg said:
Niyawa said:
ssjokg said:
Spoiler tag

Helps.
Why? it's not a spoiler that affects the enjoyment or plot at all.

Nothing much, but since the mods will come soon, they'll take and delete/edit whatever they can so I was just giving you a heads up before they edit for sake of consistency. If they don't, then just ignore it.
I see no reason to delete mine.x3KuroYukiHime's on the other hand....

And everyone stop replying to him for gods sake.

Jan 2011
BloodRequiem said:
Horizon got a second season.

I'm talking about the third one.
Dec 22, 2012 3:07 PM

Oct 2012
Finally completed this.

Well, thank you SAO for making MAL worth while...so many memories, oh man.

Look forward to what craziness season two will bring to MAL ^^

Just this once, I'll fulfill whatever your wish is.
Dec 22, 2012 3:08 PM
May 2012
they should make an mmo like this same genre.
Ezsence
Dec 22, 2012 3:08 PM
Jan 2009
Great series, fail to see why people didn't like it, or at least would go so far as to say it's the worst anime this season... the mind boggles. Objectively speaking I can't see how it was below mid-range for this season since you always get your onslaught of god-awful high-school comedies and such.
Dec 22, 2012 3:17 PM

Jul 2012
LIIIIIIZ! :D
Great last episode ^^ I loved it :D
O'Hai :D
Dec 22, 2012 3:18 PM

Jul 2012
Soo good T-T! there's no words to explain
Dec 22, 2012 3:19 PM

Nov 2008
Well aside from some dropped scenes that was a loyal ending to the 4th novel - and honestly I still think the story could have been ended here perfectly - But well see if they continue to adapt ill watch if they do thats for sure.
Dec 22, 2012 3:20 PM
Aug 2011
Finally no more!

Terrible anime. 1/10

The most basic characters in existence and their pathetic romance was one of the worst things I've ever seen.
Dec 22, 2012 3:20 PM

Dec 2011
im ready for season 2 >:D
Dec 22, 2012 3:25 PM

Mar 2010
ALO was lame thank god its over
Dec 22, 2012 3:25 PM

Sep 2011
Ahahaha, Sugou's scream sounded like a bird screech. I couldn't stop laughing - I had to pause the video. Oh, and the dancing scene just left me confused. This episode felt much longer than usual. But the Seed part was decently done - when time is spent focusing on game aspects, I find it much more interesting and well worth the time.

Overall, this series was meh. It had an insane amount of potential: nice art, cool character designs, a handful of somewhat interesting characters (Klein, for example) - but it was wasted on useless, forced romance. Kirito's character was even bland as well. I watched solely for the action and I was still waiting for the moment that an episode would give me the same feeling as the first episode did, which I thought was the best episode of the bunch.

So, I'll give it a 6. People who are giving it 1's, 2's, and 3's are being a bit harsh. Why watch it if you found it to be that bad?
"Cheer up, you’re never alone! There is probably at least 1 bug in your room."
Dec 22, 2012 3:26 PM
Sep 2012
Great ending, really enjoyed it I thought the parking lot was done pretty well and the reunion was done great. I kinda laughed at the dance scene. I kept thinking "I can hear the shippers cheer from here".

Also to the people who hate it......... seriously I get that you don't like it, that's fine, whatever, but if you felt the need to finish it, why didn't you stop back in ep 14 when the first arc ended, it made a perfectly valid ending. Second, if all you have to say is "this was shit thank god it's over" without supporting your arguments or providing any actual contribution to discussion or attempting to stimulate an intelligent conversation..... stop now, all it does is make you look like an ass. Just saying.
Dec 22, 2012 3:28 PM

Jan 2011
gigglingidiot said:
So, I'll give it a 6. People who are giving it 1's, 2's, and 3's are being a bit harsh. Why watch it if you found it to be that bad?

Something can be bad and entertaining at the same time.

I'll probably be giving a 3 as well.
Dec 22, 2012 3:29 PM

May 2007
I lol'ed so hard when I noticed that Sugou pissed himself when he thought Kirito would slit his throat, there was a little puff of steam.

This anime was brilliant and I realise that there are quite a few weak joints in this anime, which has unfortunately created general hatred from quite a few MAL members who say the anime is riddled with plot-holes, has laughable romance, animation being sub-par according to them and that the plot generally being idiotic. These are their opinions and I will respect that.

For me this anime was spectacularly done with a combination and composition of a good plot, awesome characters, brilliant romantic developments, great soundtrack, stayed true to the original story depicted in the light novels albeit with a few scenes removed and animation that really showed the universe SAO is set in.

My score for this series is 9/10, this anime for me seemed better than Accel World but then again I never finished off Accel World(stopped at episode 09) but I intend to finish it before the year is over. ;)

This anime can easily get a 2nd season and so I will be waiting patiently for that announcement. :D

P.S. - So many posts in this topic already, it grew well fast. lol
Dec 22, 2012 3:30 PM

Jan 2011
BloodRequiem said:
His voice doesn't fit Eren's character. It's like letting Hirano Aya voice Emperor Charles.

Wouldn't that be the best thing ever?

JCDRANZER said:
I lol'ed so hard when I noticed that Sugou pissed himself when he thought Kirito would slit his throat, there was a little puff of steam.

This anime was brilliant and I realise that there are quite a few weak joints in this anime, which has unfortunately created general hatred from quite a few MAL members who say the anime is riddled with plot-holes, has laughable romance, animation being sub-par according to them and that the plot generally being idiotic. These are their opinions and I will respect that.

For me this anime was spectacularly done with a combination and composition of a good plot, awesome characters, brilliant romantic developments, great soundtrack, stayed true to the original story depicted in the light novels albeit with a few scenes removed and animation that really showed the universe SAO is set in.

My score for this series is 9/10, this anime for me seemed better than Accel World but then again I never finished off Accel World(stopped at episode 09) but I intend to finish it before the year is over. ;)

This anime can easily get a 2nd season and so I will be waiting patiently for that announcement. :D

P.S. - So many posts in this topic already, it grew well fast. lol

That was just forced.
Dec 22, 2012 3:35 PM

Sep 2011
I saw this on Tumblr a minute ago - I noticed this too. I thought it was hilarious. Going to be honest, I found this to be one of the best scenes in the entire series.
Dec 22, 2012 3:38 PM

Apr 2009
Nothing is going to dethrone that final paper length masterpiece though.

Sep 2011
gigglingidiot said:
I saw this on Tumblr a minute ago - I noticed this too. I thought it was hilarious. Going to be honest, I found this to be one of the best scenes in the entire series.

Oh gawd 10/10. I lol'd.

Jan 2011
swagardson said:
Also, SAO hardly has ANY fucking fan service. You people just look into it too much.

Did you actually watch the episodes?
See this.
And that's just ALO, think and remember a little about SAO.
Dec 22, 2012 3:39 PM

Dec 2012
First I would like to say that this show is in no way overrated.
Considering most people who watch anime are just like people who watch movies based of of books.

They don't read the book, I've never read this manga. But the anime is fantastic.
The Art design is great, I love the character development and the simplicity of the story.

Simplicity is what is missing in a lot of stories now a days. Gundam Wing was a great story and was simple, its my favorite anime of all time. SAO had a lot of innocence in it, it allowed the viewer the opportunity to understand the characters. And for the first time, since I watched Eureka Seven back in '06, I felt that the love interest between the two protagonist in the story was legitimate. No fake rushed relationships or little crushes.

Asuna and Kirito's relationship is built off of a war, nothing is more real then conflict. This story was amazing and in curiosity I looked up on the Wiki. Gun Gale Online looks awesome, and I hope to see a movie crossover of Accel World and SAO.

If this show ends like this I'll be disappointed because so many great show like this are short lived. And stupid shows like Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo is 76 episodes. Its sad really that a show with a guy with a golden Afro and attacks with his nose hairs has more episodes then shows like: SAO, Deadman Wonderland, Claymore, Eureka Seven, etc. Please let there be a season 2 or 3 whatever you want to call Gun Gale Online. Because this show deserves it, it has replaced Code Geass as my #2 anime and I LOVE that show.
Dec 22, 2012 3:39 PM

Jan 2008
swagardson said:
Also, SAO hardly has ANY fucking fan service. You people just look into it too much.

It's a problem with a lot of people these days. Apparently if there is a scene when the camera is on the girls ass or something it becomes a huge deal and the anime is labeled as fanservice shit. We actually had this discussion like... back in the single digit episode discussions.

Some people will basically use the the smallest and unimportant detail(s) to hate something. Easily applied to SAO.
Dec 22, 2012 3:41 PM
Oct 2010
I like how he stopped a two handed downward strike with one hand while being on the ground.
Dec 22, 2012 3:42 PM

Apr 2009
zZJoennZz said:
So, one of the best arc now is next.

Wait, how much further does the light novel series actually go? :O
But I must say, the ALO arc was a lot worse than the SAO one. I really liked the SAO world, and disliked the fact that there was such a lack of attention to detail and world description, though. ALO did not even have an interesting setting. :\
Also, the bad guy in the SAO arc was better and more interesting than in ALO.

Dec 22, 2012 3:42 PM

Jan 2009
overrated as hell, but good show still, they made a good ending already there so a season 2 is not necessary but probably next year Accel World and Sword Art Online will have season 2 announcement
Dec 22, 2012 3:43 PM

Jan 2008
skudoops said:
I like how he stopped a two handed downward strike with one hand while being on the ground.

Yea, I mentioned that bugged me as well. Not even sure how Kirito is that strong considering he recently came out of SAO himself. Sugou must be extremely weak, physically. That or the damage he dealt from Kirito affected even his physical strength.
Dec 22, 2012 3:45 PM
Dec 2011
Kirito and Asuna's reunion scene was probably the highlight of the episode. I've been waiting to see this scene animated since it is quite an emotional scene which gives a great closure to the fight they've been through for over 2 years.

The good thing about this episode is that it gives a very good ending feeling that didn't leave me with the feeling of wanting to see immediately what happens next. Because of that I can wait for the next season patiently if there will be one.

The next season could be a 2-cour. The first cour could cover the entire GGO arc (vol 5-6) and the second cour could cover the new ALO arcs (vol 4 ch5 Tonkii and vol 8 Caliber, and vol 7 Mother's Rosario).
Dec 22, 2012 3:46 PM

Jun 2012
Even though it never resolved Sugus incest love it was a well done finale. It felt like this should have been after ep 14. Don't get me wrong though there story was poorly done, wasted potential.
Dec 22, 2012 3:47 PM

Aug 2009
AP24 said:

The next season could be a 2-cour. The first cour could cover the entire GGO arc (vol 5-6) and the second cour could cover the new ALO arcs (vol 4 ch5 Tonkii and vol 8 Caliber, and vol 7 Mother's Rosario).

No just no.
22-24 eps:16-17 eps for GGO and the rest Caliber
Make MR an ova series or a movie.
Dec 22, 2012 3:47 PM

Aug 2012
Niyawa said:
swagardson said:

Did you actually watch the episodes?
See this.
And that's just ALO, think and remember a little about SAO.

those are some niice gifs. ty.
i enjoyed it, was wondering if there would be a new season or not..but kirito's last words (which don't reach us) just indicate that. Im pretty curious about the manga tho, since so many of the ppl that read/watchd both say that the llight novel is way way better o.o
Dec 22, 2012 3:48 PM

May 2011
ssjokg said:
AP24 said:

No just no.
22-24 eps:16-17 eps for GGO and the rest Caliber
Make MR an ova series or a movie.

MR could actually work really well as a movie, but chances of that is really iffy
Dec 22, 2012 3:48 PM
Oct 2010
Paul said:
skudoops said:

Yea, I mentioned that bugged me as well. Not even sure how Kirito is that strong considering he recently came out of SAO himself. Sugou must be extremely weak, physically. That or the damage he dealt from Kirito affected even his physical strength.

I dunno, but they really should have thought up that part better, him dodging it would have been a better idea since he saw how that dude was fitting the same way IRL but to stop a 2 handed downward strike from a grown man after he just came out of SAO was a bit ridiculous.
Dec 22, 2012 3:49 PM

Jul 2010
people never learned...

5/4
total 8/10
Dec 22, 2012 3:49 PM
Feb 2011
i enjoyed this show but i preferred the second half of the show because they focused more on the completion of the game rather than the side story's so i hope if we get another season it'll focus more on the completion of the 100 floors rather than kirito getting distracted by other peoples problems.
Dec 22, 2012 3:50 PM

Jan 2012
And so it ends. Well it was a really great watch. Loved the plot and the characters. Would like to see more of this in the future.

Dec 22, 2012 3:51 PM

Sep 2011
I'd rather see Kirito complete all 100 levels of SAO. Really.

It sounds about 100 times more interesting.
Dec 22, 2012 3:51 PM

Oct 2012
zimno said:
people never learned...

5/4
total 8/10

You're like the only member I've came across that doesn't have a list at all for being an old member o.o

Just this once, I'll fulfill whatever your wish is.
Dec 22, 2012 3:52 PM

Jan 2008
gigglingidiot said:
I'd rather see Kirito complete all 100 levels of SAO. Really.

It sounds about 100 times more interesting.

I'm sure many wouldn't mind now but considering there is no longer the "People die why they're killed" theme, I think it would lose potential.
Dec 22, 2012 3:54 PM

Aug 2012
Well I ready for the next season :D
Dec 22, 2012 3:59 PM

Apr 2009
Really? A rating of a piece of media or review of said media may actually be slightly biased because of the person's opinion?

Wow. Mind blown. Thanks, MAL.
Dec 22, 2012 4:03 PM

Sep 2011
It's funny how there are so many people here complaining about how crappy this series is. Yet, when I look at the stats... It shows something completely different. Guess those who hate it voice their complaints more?
Dec 22, 2012 4:04 PM

Jan 2008
gigglingidiot said:
It's funny how there are so many people here complaining about how crappy this series is. Yet, when I look at the stats... It shows something completely different. Guess those who hate it voice their complaints more?

I see it still hasn't updated since I first posted back in pg3 ~6 hours ago. (which was removed a while ago)
Dec 22, 2012 4:05 PM
Aug 2012
gigglingidiot said:

My Vote Will Be At 5-8 IF It Wasn't For Kirito
Dec 22, 2012 4:07 PM
Oct 2010
Had this show stopped at SAO I think I'd given it a 6 but we are at the end and I've given it a 3. There's alot of wasted potential here, and a re-write along with a reanimation would do some wonders. Something as simple as showing him clearing a couple floors while mixing in the romance would have done wonders for this show IMO. Removing stuff like him being jesus and pulling stuff out his ass etc again would do wonders as well. Additionally I feel that SAO should have taken all 25 episodes, that would have allowed them to expand on everything as well as show some of the extra dungeon/floor clearing.
Dec 22, 2012 4:14 PM

Apr 2011
I enjoyed this final episode. I will admit that SAO is overrated but its still good so I give it a 8.5 out of 10.

And the people who come here to bash it why bother keep bashing it. I guess you have nothing else to do.
Pages (29) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Overall do you enjoy watching SAO? What do you like about it? :) ( 1 2 )

Rinrinka - Apr 15

72 by katnissmaezie »»
May 16, 1:05 AM

» What even is SAO anymore? ( 1 2 )

Jason-Skyrunner - Apr 27

53 by soli1239 »»
May 6, 8:27 PM

» We need a reboot

Superninjaboy2 - Mar 15

32 by Jason-Skyrunner »»
May 1, 5:20 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

bippo - Dec 8, 2012

480 by amf85 »»
Apr 27, 5:20 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 10, 2012

680 by amf85 »»
Apr 27, 2:32 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.