Forum Settings
Forums

Character you like but is hated by the majority fans (EDIT: Guys, please at least try to discuss).

New
Pages (20) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Nov 28, 2012 11:22 AM

May 2012
Makoto Itou from School Days. He just did what any boy his age would do, bang a lot of girls.
Nov 28, 2012 11:33 AM
Feb 2012
rederoin said:
Slatrix said:
Yuuki: Saki
Tomoyo: Clannad
Mei: Another
Izaya: Durarara

People hate Tacos?

I mean, just look at that bitching' ass cape

Now I really need to read the manga :x
Nov 28, 2012 11:52 AM

Nov 2012
Slatrix said:

Who doesnt like Tomoyo?! Shes the best!
Nov 28, 2012 12:09 PM

Sep 2012
Failures said:
As of recently, Asuna. I had a Asuna picture on my profile and all of my friends hated it and wanted it changed. l personally like Suguha more now, but I still think Asuna is pretty awesome regardless.

:( Me too
Nov 28, 2012 12:23 PM

Dec 2011
Near from Death Note. I don't say he's hated, but most of DN fans prefer L over him.
Nov 28, 2012 1:12 PM

Nov 2012
I enjoy Asuna from SAO
Yui from Angel Beats!
Mayuri from Steins Gate
Lucy and Nana from Elfen Lied------> cuz a lot of people dont like the series
Nina from Code Geas---------------------> Ok I lied she is terrible
Nov 28, 2012 1:17 PM

Oct 2012
I always thought Shirley was the Patron Saint of Code Geass... until I came to MAL. I guess a lot of users thought she was of little significance to the series other than a cheap plot device. Which I staunchly disagree with.
Let this be our little secret, no needs to know we're feeling HIGHER AND HIGHER AND HIGHER!
Nov 28, 2012 1:19 PM
Nov 2012
Asuka Langley. People don't understand her narcissism was constructed as a way to cope with her issues with her mother.
Nov 28, 2012 1:21 PM

Nov 2011
DEMOLITION_D said:
nqthing said:
griffith. well, maybe, do berserk fans dislike him? most people i've discussed the series with hate him and prefer guts, or at least those that have read the manga.

Oh god, Griffith.

Same here. Femto, yo.

I think he is a different kind of hated.
Like his character is so brilliantly made that makes him the perfect antagonist that you love to hate. He's like pure evil, intelligent, and deceives everyone into thinking he's like the messiah or something.

We could say the same thing for Akainu, but he just has this like violent, brutal personality. Which just makes us hate him especially from his over the top actions. Kind of weird, but if you get what I'm saying it's like one is a love hate and the other is just like spit on your face hate.
Touch me, you filthy casual~
Nov 28, 2012 1:22 PM

Oct 2012
Maybe Fuko from Clannad?
I've seen some complain about her whole arc being meaningless and all-around annoying with her random visits here and there.
Of course Nagisa gets the worst feedback, but overall, I didn't mind her either.

Just this once, I'll fulfill whatever your wish is.
Nov 28, 2012 1:31 PM

Sep 2010
JavierR said:

I'm 100% sure that majority of the fans do not hate him

I'm 100% sure that the majority of fans do not hate any of the characters listed here.

Nov 28, 2012 1:43 PM

Apr 2011
Anime_Name said:
JavierR said:

I'm 100% sure that the majority of fans do not hate any of the characters listed here.

you just need check the one piece and naruto sections for the ones I mentioned. I don't know about others, but I'm pretty sure Suzaku gets the wrong end of the stick a lot as well. What? You said 100%.
Nov 28, 2012 1:58 PM

Sep 2010
yhunata said:
Anime_Name said:
JavierR said:

you just need check the one piece and naruto sections for the ones I mentioned. I don't know about others, but I'm pretty sure Suzaku gets the wrong end of the stick a lot as well. What? You said 100%.

You mentioned Akainu and Danzo...I guess but it's the right kind of hate as they are villains and are meant to be hated. Accomplishing that makes them great characters that are integral to their respective stories.

And now Suzaku. The majority of fans don't hate him. What you see are just 4ch trolls creating memes but their opinion is not that of the majority.

Nov 28, 2012 2:04 PM
Sep 2011
donotthrowsouls said:

Satoko Houjou from Higurashi.

^ This one right here. I pretty much watched the show just because I liked her.

donotthrowsouls said:

Kamijou Kyousuke from Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.

People like him? I didn't know it was possible to feel anything more than indifference toward him.
Nov 28, 2012 2:06 PM

May 2012
^ someone mentioned Makoto from School Days, nothing to like
Nov 28, 2012 2:08 PM

Sep 2011
Slatrix said:

2 of the most favorited characters on this site.....

last time i checked people use tomoya as a prime example of how to make a good main character without needing exaggerated personalities(thats not a bad thing cause exaggerated personalities can make for some awesome characters)

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Nov 28, 2012 2:08 PM
Jul 2012
k11chi said:

Makoto bags mad bitches, thats something to respect.
Nov 28, 2012 2:12 PM
Jan 2011
PoeticJustice said:
Makoto Itou from School Days. He just did what any boy his age would do, bang a lot of girls.
Nov 28, 2012 2:13 PM

May 2012
JavierR said:
k11chi said:

Makoto bags mad bitches, thats something to respect.
well, now that I think about it... every single character in that show sucked so Makoto might not stand out that much.
Nov 28, 2012 2:21 PM

Feb 2010
I'm going to board the Shinji Ikari boat. I like him too.
Nov 28, 2012 2:21 PM

Mar 2012
Chihiro from The World God Only Knows
Agon from Eyeshield 21
Shu from Guilry Crown
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Nov 28, 2012 2:27 PM

Jun 2009
AirStyles said:
Definitely Shinji Ikari.

This. Though the guy does have over a thousand favorites on this site, so as much wrath as he gets on these forums I'm not sure if he would count.

So, I'll go with with Emiya Shirou. Though not because of the anime.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Nov 28, 2012 2:28 PM
May 2012
Makoto Itou
Eva-Beatrice
Nov 28, 2012 2:30 PM

Apr 2011
HATUL300 said:
Shinji Ikari seems to get a lot of hate, but he's always been a favorite for me.

I like Shinji as well. Perhaps I identify with him more than most characters.
Nov 28, 2012 2:35 PM

Feb 2012
I like Louise from ZNT.
Nov 28, 2012 2:38 PM

Oct 2011
Slatrix said:

Noone can hate Mei, and Tomoyo is an almost perferct character.. she is too nice to be hated :/

As for me: Medusa from Soul Eater. According to what I read in the episode discussions, not many people like her. ^^
And Beatrice from Umineko, though I think she has a small fanbase so not sure if I can name her here. :)
RiukixDNov 28, 2012 3:28 PM
Nov 28, 2012 2:46 PM

Apr 2012
Tavor said:
Maybe Fuko from Clannad?
I've seen some complain about her whole arc being meaningless and all-around annoying with her random visits here and there.
Of course Nagisa gets the worst feedback, but overall, I didn't mind her either.

You beat me to it, especially about Fuko.

I'd also say Nonoha from Phi Brain and Ayumu Nishizawa from Hayate no Gotoku (I'm 100% Hayate x Ayumu).
AndyRayyNov 28, 2012 3:40 PM

Nov 28, 2012 3:38 PM

Feb 2012
Anime_Name said:
I guess but it's the right kind of hate as they are villains and are meant to be hated.

the op doesn't mention "excluding villains". they're meant to be hated within the universe of the show, but we're the viewers. most villains from most shows i've watched are certainly likable, in fact i tend to favor villains a lot of the time; there are villains and antagonists that have made me want to actually drop a show, however.
Nov 28, 2012 5:21 PM
Oct 2012
im not sure if gilgamesh from the Fate series is hated alot but considering his personality i wouldnt be suprised if he was. but i think hes the shit
Nov 28, 2012 5:25 PM

Sep 2012
Yukiteru from Mirai Nikki (First character I actually thought had human emotions and made realistic decisions, except the part where he's a coward 99% of the show, oh well. Different for me = better)

Tsukasa from .//hack Sign *see above*

i got nothing
Nov 28, 2012 5:32 PM

Sep 2008
Takumi from NANA.

It took rewatching the series to see things from his point of view, and turns out I have a lot of things in common with him. At his core, he's honest and doesn't play games.
Nov 28, 2012 5:55 PM

Dec 2011
RLinksoul said:
donotthrowsouls said:

People like him? I didn't know it was possible to feel anything more than indifference toward him.

Nope, people hate him, actually, along with Hitomi.
Nov 28, 2012 6:08 PM
Jan 2011
donotthrowsouls said:
RLinksoul said:
donotthrowsouls said:

Nope, people hate him, actually, along with Hitomi.

I thought he was a minor character that no one gave a shit about.
Nov 28, 2012 6:09 PM

Aug 2011
yhunata said:
Katagari said:
Suzaku (Code Geass) - Given I haven't seen all of Code Geass, so I could change my mind. But so far he was the only character I liked in the series.

I knew I forgot about someone. Suzaku gets a lot of undeserved hate.

No. Suzaku is the worst character ever in the history of anime. It's, like, not even subjective.

On topic: Oginome Ringo from Mawaru Penguindrum. People call her a crazy psycho stalker bitch, especially in the earlier episodes, but I loved that chick to death. I agree with Tsunemori Akane but now that the show has progressed I don't see many people bashing her anymore. She's definitely gotten more depth to her character since episode 1.

Oh, and to a lesser extent, Amano Yukiteru from Mirai Nikki. He really wasn't all that bad. I thought his actions were pretty realistic. I mean who the hell would not react the same way that he did when you're stuck in a survival game with some yandere chick who's not right in the head.

Edit: You guys have also reminded me of Hitomi from MSMM. Yeah, she gets a lot of hate for an understandable reason. She didn't do anything wrong though; I thought she was being nice about the whole situation.
yamagoopNov 28, 2012 6:13 PM
Nov 28, 2012 6:16 PM
May 2010
NickyCharisma said:
I always thought Shirley was the Patron Saint of Code Geass... until I came to MAL. I guess a lot of users thought she was of little significance to the series other than a cheap plot device. Which I staunchly disagree with.

I support this statement.. Never understood why some people hate her..
Worships Asparagus.
Nov 28, 2012 6:33 PM
Oct 2010
caragnafogdawg said:
Asuka Langley. People don't understand her narcissism was constructed as a way to cope with her issues with her mother.

Well she's meant to be unlikeable so I think the writer accomplished his mission if most people don't like her.
Nov 28, 2012 6:35 PM

Feb 2010
Illyasviel von Einzbern i just cant bring my self to hate her
"among monsters and humans, there are only two types.
Those who undergo suffering and spread it to others. And those who undergo suffering and avoid giving it to others." -Alice
“Beauty is no quality in things themselves: It exists merely in the mind which contemplates them; and each mind perceives a different beauty.” David Hume
“Evil is created when someone gives up on someone else. It appears when everyone gives up on someone as a lost cause and removes their path to salvation. Once they are cut off from everyone else, they become evil.” -Othinus

Nov 28, 2012 6:40 PM

Nov 2012
Sakura from naruto. I am sure 95% naruto fans hate her.
Nov 28, 2012 6:41 PM

Feb 2010
dranime1 said:
Sakura from naruto. I am sure 95% naruto fans hate her.
for vary good reason shes useless and a complete B***
Those who undergo suffering and spread it to others. And those who undergo suffering and avoid giving it to others." -Alice
“Beauty is no quality in things themselves: It exists merely in the mind which contemplates them; and each mind perceives a different beauty.” David Hume
“Evil is created when someone gives up on someone else. It appears when everyone gives up on someone as a lost cause and removes their path to salvation. Once they are cut off from everyone else, they become evil.” -Othinus

Nov 28, 2012 6:42 PM

Sep 2012
Yuuki from Mirai Nikki - He was the only person who reacted believably to me. I don't get why people call him annoying.

Shu from Guilty Crown - People pissed me off with their unreasonable hate for Shu.
Nov 28, 2012 6:43 PM
Jul 2012
hazerddex said:

I don't see much hate on her. Where did you find these fuckers?
Nov 28, 2012 6:44 PM

Feb 2010
JavierR said:
hazerddex said:

on the website i was watch the UBW movie they were all so happy because she

Nov 28, 2012 6:49 PM
Sep 2011
Mirager said:

Nah, he's mostly hated for doing nothing but making Sayaka miserable.
Nov 28, 2012 6:51 PM

Nov 2011
hazerddex said:
JavierR said:
hazerddex said:

HOW THE FUCK CAN SOMEONE HATE HER?

Touch me, you filthy casual~
Nov 28, 2012 6:54 PM

Feb 2010
Ragix said:
hazerddex said:
JavierR said:
hazerddex said:

HOW THE FUCK CAN SOMEONE HATE HER?

idk man some people don't have a soul

Nov 28, 2012 7:04 PM

Aug 2012
Shinka Nibutani - Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai!

Most people say that she is their most hated character in that show, even referring to her as "hairclip bitch". But I personally love her, because of her personality (and the boobs lol)

My Youtube page: link
Nov 28, 2012 7:05 PM

Jun 2010
caragnafogdawg said:

Not saying you're wrong, but for most of the show, Asuka comes across as a bitch. It's only until episode 22 that you can understand her more, however, that doesn't make up for everything the viewer may have disliked about her up until that point. Basically, simply understanding her actions doesn't mean you'll completely change your feelings about her

By the way, I'm saying this as someone who considers Asuka the most interesting character in the show, mainly since most everyone else has a boring personality. (Misato is a close 2nd IMO)
Nov 28, 2012 8:43 PM

Feb 2012
RLinksoul said:
Mirager said:

Nah, he's mostly hated for doing nothing but making Sayaka miserable.
WOAH. I was pretty indifferent towards him, maybe slightly annoyed at his actions, but WOW. What a jerk. .___.

While watching Shiki, everyone's reactions to Seishin Muroi were pretty negative, saying he was useless and just a dumb character. I actually liked him.
Nov 28, 2012 10:04 PM

Oct 2012
Aido Hanabusa from Vampire Knight
Tsunemori Akane from Psycho Pass
Alone on a Friday night? Remember that DIO did nothing wrong!
Nov 29, 2012 1:06 AM

Jul 2012
GloriousHawk said:
HATUL300 said:
Shinji Ikari seems to get a lot of hate, but he's always been a favorite for me.

I like Shinji as well. Perhaps I identify with him more than most characters.

YUP. I would have to agree with this. I really appreciated that he wasn't your typical gung-ho idealized type of hero.
Pages (20) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Anime as good as Evangelion/Utena?

Thecutedog - 3 hours ago

4 by MrGeist »»
7 minutes ago

» Anime with best sound tracks!?

l_Photon_l - Yesterday

36 by deg »»
8 minutes ago

» The problem with most modern anime (spoilers for some series)

Ebb1993 - 11 hours ago

26 by RareAnimeHunter »»
11 minutes ago

» 🌸Anime Spring 2024 Male Characters Tournament ( 1 2 3 4 )

ISeeLifePeople - Sep 5

190 by Memore »»
1 hour ago

» Can people who pirate anime be considered anime fans? What do you think? ( 1 2 )

RainyEvenings - Sep 10

79 by GinIonSui »»
2 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.