Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (11) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »
Oct 28, 2012 2:19 AM

Jan 2011
Animation quality got worse than Natsuiro Kiseki. I'm impressed, not in the good way though. At least something is happening now, which was an issue since the previous episode.
Oct 28, 2012 2:24 AM

Sep 2012
Niyawa said:
Animation quality got worse than Natsuiro Kiseki.

As much as I dislike the change in sakuga/animation in this episode, I would not go as far as saying it is worse than Natsuiro Kiseki. The level of out-of-character or ridiculous perspective/scale shown in Natsuiro by mid-series is far worse. That said I am quite unhappy with the missing brand mark on the forehead of the queerat Squeera midway in the episode....
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Oct 28, 2012 2:48 AM

Jan 2011
symbv said:
As much as I dislike the change in sakuga/animation in this episode, I would not go as far as saying it is worse than Natsuiro Kiseki.

>change
Maybe I misunderstood you, but I got the feeling you're implying it was a change in animation style and not quality. I believe I'm wrong though. The feeling was the same I had with it Natsuiro. I couldn't keep up with the episode and the characters behaviors/actions because of this. It was just hard to actually understand their expressions and feelings, it felt null all the time. When I got to the ED I felt blessed, really.
Oct 28, 2012 2:59 AM

Sep 2012
Niyawa said:

Maybe I misunderstood you, but I got the feeling you're implying it was a change in animation style and not quality.

No...if you read my previous posts in this thread, you would know I said "bad sakuga" in this episode. What inflicts this episode is a change in art style as well as bad sakuga, whereas in the case of Natsuki Kiseki it is almost always bad sakuga. And also I do not think on sakuga issue alone this episode is as bad as or worse than the bad sakuga in Natsuiro Kiseki.
symbvOct 28, 2012 4:38 AM

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Oct 28, 2012 3:59 AM

Oct 2010
Mexonizator said:

Hm, what about those, who didn't listen to all that crap (codes and etc) and just had sex? How their society dealt with pregnancy?

i think they make them dissapear because of breaking the rule.just a guess.

@symbv

Again thanks for answering.

>See how it is so subtly changed to mean completely different thing in the anime??

yep thats why im a little confused and mixed all things :)

Oct 28, 2012 4:34 AM

Sep 2012
yellowwolf said:
Mexonizator said:

Hm, what about those, who didn't listen to all that crap (codes and etc) and just had sex? How their society dealt with pregnancy?

There are different punishments for different kinds of travesty of the "moral codes" and the exact punishments would be decided by the seniors in the villages. It is not always "disappearance". And I do not remember if it is mentioned in the novel what punishment is supposed to be given for people who committed forbidden sexual act.

Oct 28, 2012 5:05 AM

Jan 2008
After reading all that additional information regarding the events in the novel I have to say that I am not angered by the fact that the animation quality dropped because I can deal with that. But it is very annoying that they had to change the sex scene between Saki and Satoru. I don't have a problem with the actual sexual activity not being shown. But isn't the fact that Saki stopped because she didn't want to be like these monkeys (?) already a too big change in Saki's line of thought in comparison to the novel? I haven't read the novel but I can imagine that in the novel she slowly changes her mind regarding the appropriateness of this kind of sexual behaviour and that this gradual change was now replaced in the anime by an abrupt change..
Of course they couldn't show the actual sexual activity but couldn't they have hinted that something happened and just stick to the novel in regards to Sakis line of thought? =/

I really want to read the novels now, but my Japanese language skills are far from being good enough for that..
Oct 28, 2012 6:06 AM

Dec 2011
symbv said:
yellowwolf said:
Mexonizator said:

There are different punishments for different kinds of travesty of the "moral codes" and the exact punishments would be decided by the seniors in the villages. It is not always "disappearance". And I do not remember if it is mentioned in the novel what punishment is supposed to be given for people who committed forbidden sexual act.

I see, thanks.
Oct 28, 2012 6:17 AM

Jun 2009
Kenta_Maebara said:
WOW, the fan rage is definitely raging. I'm surprised very few are discussing just how interesting the premise is getting.

You think we'd give a crap about this show enough to be annoyed by the animation if we didn't like what we seen so far?

I think I speak for a lot of us with this...

It is exactly because of how much we love this show, that we just can't get over the fact that it dropped down in "quality". The show has been great, and we expect greatness with each episode.

If it don't live up to our expectations, then, too bad. But if the episode is deliberately done.... "artsy"... Of course we explode! Because the team behind it are "toying", "treating this episode as an experiment", "Director decide to exercise his ego", "jeopardizing", etc etc, a show that we care about.

In short, they are not trying!

EDIT: And of all A-1's work, why Shinsekai Yori?! Why not their most popular anime SAO instead? I'm sure the fans there will give a much louder feed back to the artsy "improvement"!

AirStylesOct 28, 2012 6:24 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 28, 2012 6:33 AM

Sep 2012
AirStyles said:

EDIT: And of all A-1's work, why Shinsekai Yori?! Why not their most popular anime SAO instead? I'm sure the fans there will give a much louder feed back to the artsy "improvement"!

To be honest, SAO already got a lot of complaints about the quality of animation/direction (action scenes too lazy etc) by fans already... At least we should be happy that Shinsekai Yori did not start with the kind of lazy animation or doubtful direction that fans started to complain about as early as ep.2 or 3...

Oct 28, 2012 7:41 AM

Sep 2012
Satoru, nice job all the episode.
Oct 28, 2012 8:47 AM

Mar 2012
Zeally said:
Lelouch22 said:

There's nothing coherent about their sudden intimate borderline sex act. There really is no consistency that indicates any feelings for Satoru. Rather there has been a consistent connection between Saki and Shun. Shun is without a doubt the most talented amongst the group, but is by no means emotionless and lacking empathy. If anything Saki is supportive and an initiator/collaborator to their little dangerous ventures. There's nothing complex about Saki. If anything Saki is reckless, has no consistency in her feelings, and this instability is shown with her trouble controlling her powers. Shun obviously likes her and it seems their feelings are reciprocated. The only explanation for her over the top borderline sex act is they were genetically predisposed to become "horny during stressful events" according to the organic library creature.

In their society, sex is depicted as an extremely common act that lacks romantic involvement, so there wasn't a necessity to portray a deeply emotional connection between Satoru and Saki prior to this episode, because that didn't enter the equation here. It was a perfectly foreshadowed scene, because it directly, through visual terms, parallels the information provided by the organic library in the previous episode, essentially confirming that sex is, for the most part, an emotionless act that is typically experienced as a means to an end. Saki doesn't like Satoru, and the intimate scenes don't contradict that at all.

I certainly don't think Shun lacks empathy, but I have noticed several very brief instances where he appears to possess subtle inclinations to act in a detached, but extremely curious manner towards their more violent, dangerous encounters. By intimating that Saki's characterization is complex, I include her recklessness and unstable powers as a part of this, as well as her occasional ability to violently react to certain things, such as the moment she coldly threatened to rip the antennae off the minoshro they first encountered, and I believe she's the most self-aware of her actions, and that she's most able to question the truth behind certain societal rules that have been uniformly accepted over time.
Oct 28, 2012 8:52 AM

Apr 2011
Not only QUALITY but the layout and direction for this particular episode is really messed up. I can't even tell what was going on. Darnit A-1, next time don't just out-sorce some random incompetent animators (Shigeyasu Yamauchi, Junichi Hayama, ... <insert the responsible animation studio for ep5 here>) /end of rage

Well, so far this is interesting concept of how post-apocalyptic age might work. Modifying genetics so humans would cope with sexual act when getting stressed (to reduce the potency of conflict). But the question is, what would happen when the cause of stress is for being isolated. Let say, one of them (only one) got caught and building his/her own stress alone? Don't tell me self-.... (well, you know what I meant :p

nb: no LN spoiler please
Oct 28, 2012 9:21 AM

Sep 2012
Lelouch22 said:
t was a perfectly foreshadowed scene, because it directly, through visual terms, parallels the information provided by the organic library in the previous episode, essentially confirming that sex is, for the most part, an emotionless act that is typically experienced as a means to an end. Saki doesn't like Satoru, and the intimate scenes don't contradict that at all.

The anime may make it seem like Saki does not like Satoru but it is really not the case. The novel makes it very clear that Saki and Satoru are very close since childhood - and their bickering is just how their friendship manifests itself. It is unfortunate that so many people conclude from the anime that Saki and Satoru do not get along and they dislike each other.

And regardless of what the anime seems to show, sex is not really as extreme as totally "emotionless". In the novel, sex is depicted as involving feeling of fondness and affection. It is just that instead of just having a nice and warm chat like people in our world do, they engage in sex to get both parties happy (and have stress relieved).
symbvOct 28, 2012 9:25 AM

Oct 28, 2012 9:55 AM

Mar 2012
symbv said:
Lelouch22 said:
t was a perfectly foreshadowed scene, because it directly, through visual terms, parallels the information provided by the organic library in the previous episode, essentially confirming that sex is, for the most part, an emotionless act that is typically experienced as a means to an end. Saki doesn't like Satoru, and the intimate scenes don't contradict that at all.

The anime may make it seem like Saki does not like Satoru but it is really not the case. The novel makes it very clear that Saki and Satoru are very close since childhood - and their bickering is just how their friendship manifests itself. It is unfortunate that so many people conclude from the anime that Saki and Satoru do not get along and they dislike each other.

When I mentioned that she doesn't like Satoru, I was only referring to her feelings in a romantic sense. I've always thought they were very close friends, and that their bickering was of a playful nature.
Oct 28, 2012 10:12 AM

Jun 2009
symbv said:
AirStyles said:

To be honest, SAO already got a lot of complaints about the quality of animation/direction (action scenes too lazy etc) by fans already... At least we should be happy that Shinsekai Yori did not start with the kind of lazy animation or doubtful direction that fans started to complain about as early as ep.2 or 3...

No, I meant "Artsy" experiment on SAO instead of Shinsekai.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 28, 2012 10:17 AM
Sep 2011
Rykee said:
God! Oh my god! This anime is definitely first class! SAO? fuck it! this is at least ten times better!

Why the hell SAO is so God DAMN popular!?!?

I just... I don't get it. It's not that good...
Oct 28, 2012 10:27 AM

Sep 2012
Lelouch22 said:

When I mentioned that she doesn't like Satoru, I was only referring to her feelings in a romantic sense. I've always thought they were very close friends, and that their bickering was of a playful nature.

OK, so your "not like" means "not romantically like". I got you now ;-) However, my post is also directed to your comment that "[the scene is] confirming that sex is, for the most part, an emotionless act that is typically experienced as a means to an end."

AirStyles said:

No, I meant "Artsy" experiment on SAO instead of Shinsekai.

I know. I just wanted to say that SAO does not need "artsy experiment" to get loud and frequent complaints from fans ;-p

Oct 28, 2012 11:13 AM

May 2011
So many fans of this anime are complaining about the animation quality. Here I thought they loved it for the story. I'm not even too into Shinsekai and I thought it did fine this week.
Oct 28, 2012 12:17 PM

Jun 2009
kenshin_sama said:
So many fans of this anime are complaining about the animation quality. Here I thought they loved it for the story. I'm not even too into Shinsekai and I thought it did fine this week.

Just because I love a food for it's nutrition doesn't mean i don't care about the taste...
(If someone said they don't care about the taste, i'd ask them to eat an African tree worm, they're nutritious as hell, one can supply you with enough protein to last a whole day.)

The same goes for cakes, just because I eat it for it's taste, doesn't mean I want it to look like shit.

Apply those to anime.

Just because I love the story, doesn't mean that I don't give a flying-fuck about it's animation.
In fact, it's because I love the story so much I strongly want the animation to at least do it some justice.
Oct 28, 2012 12:26 PM

Jan 2012
Most of the posts this week is about animation or the "sex" scene that wasn't animated. LMAO
I hardly see any posts talking about the actual plot and the ones that are, are asking questions that were obviously answered in the episode.

Please note I'm NOT saying the plot is great.
Emphasis on NOT.(Before someone starts acting immature and flaming me because they read my statement wrong).

Anyways, this episode was pretty interesting and Queen's appearance was a bit grotesque. I wonder if they will show the enemy's Queen. I'm curious if the mole rats that are helping Saki and the guy are gonna turn against them when they find out the truth about them not having powers. I have a feeling they may regain their powers before that happens though.
Oct 28, 2012 12:33 PM

Mar 2012
deave112 said:
Rykee said:
God! Oh my god! This anime is definitely first class! SAO? fuck it! this is at least ten times better!

Why the hell SAO is so God DAMN popular!?!?

I just... I don't get it. It's not that good...

I think, that's because it is a nerd fantasy

For example
You are in the game, you are playing.
You are a hero.
You meet a beautiful girl in the game and fall in love with her.
Oct 28, 2012 12:45 PM

May 2011
AirStyles said:
kenshin_sama said:

Just because I love a food for it's nutrition doesn't mean i don't care about the taste...
(If someone said they don't care about the taste, i'd ask them to eat an African tree worm, they're nutritious as hell, one can supply you with enough protein to last a whole day.)

The same goes for cakes, just because I eat it for it's taste, doesn't mean I want it to look like shit.

Apply those to anime.

Just because I love the story, doesn't mean that I don't give a flying-fuck about it's animation.
In fact, it's because I love the story so much I strongly want the animation to at least do it some justice.

But that's the thing, taking away the animation isn't making this taste bad, it's just presenting its fill without the decorations that make it look nice. From the feedback I've read on forums, blogs, etc, all the fans of this anime love it because it is plot driven. It would not make a lot of sense for it to lose favor just because of lower budget. Animes like Chuunibyou, K, and Busou Shinki would be more likely to suffer from a budget cut than Shinsekai.
Oct 28, 2012 1:19 PM

Dec 2010
Loved it.
Oct 28, 2012 1:35 PM
Sep 2011
Lelouch22 said:
symbv said:
Lelouch22 said:

But she DOES like him in a romantic sense...
Oct 28, 2012 2:21 PM

Apr 2012
deave112 said:
Lelouch22 said:
symbv said:
Lelouch22 said:

not according to the anime....What about Shun?.
Have people not watched the scene with Shun holding the hand of Saki? Really?
I don't think Saki hates Satoru because they hang out with each other and have known each other for quite a while but the anime indicates more of a friend zone between the two. You always see her blushing when they tease her about him and the feelings seem mutual. The only real explanation of this spontaneous sexual encounter is they become horn dogs when in a state of anxiety or stress because they have monkey instincts lol.

IMO that part of the anime is totally unnecessary especially with the sparse explanation of it in comparison to the novel. Why not just make a hentai out of it? Now any development with Shun just seems really awkward to me.
zzzeallyOct 28, 2012 2:32 PM

Oct 28, 2012 2:22 PM

Mar 2012
deave112 said:
Lelouch22 said:
symbv said:
Lelouch22 said:

Where exactly, in the anime, have you seen that she likes him in a romantic sense, because, so far, there really haven't been any signs that point towards this. Of course, I think it's highly possible that she could eventually like Satoru in that manner, and I'd quite like that actually, but there hasn't been anything yet that has indicated that she's romantically interested in anyone but Shun.
Oct 28, 2012 2:44 PM
Sep 2011
Lelouch22 said:
deave112 said:
Lelouch22 said:
symbv said:
Lelouch22 said:

Where exactly, in the anime, have you seen that she likes him in a romantic sense, because, so far, there really haven't been any signs that point towards this. Of course, I think it's highly possible that she could eventually like Satoru in that manner, and I'd quite like that actually, but there hasn't been anything yet that has indicated that she's romantically interested in anyone but Shun.

There were hints.

Like, their whole relationship... I do think there was a tension going between Satoru and Saki since the first episode, based on a very common trope (not common enough it seems):

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/BelligerentSexualTension

And Satoru and Saki are also the main two protagonists, so...
Oct 28, 2012 2:48 PM

Aug 2011
Pretty interesting.

Too bad the animation was complete shit.

Thanks, A-1.
Oct 28, 2012 3:34 PM

Jun 2009
kenshin_sama said:
AirStyles said:
kenshin_sama said:

Apply those to anime.

But that's the thing, taking away the animation isn't making this taste bad, it's just presenting its fill without the decorations that make it look nice. From the feedback I've read on forums, blogs, etc, all the fans of this anime love it because it is plot driven. It would not make a lot of sense for it to lose favor just because of lower budget. Animes like Chuunibyou, K, and Busou Shinki would be more likely to suffer from a budget cut than Shinsekai.

I don't think you understand what I meant... so I'll say this again.

The reason I, and many others voice our complaints, is because we... DO NOT WANT ANOTHER EGOTISTICAL DIRECTOR TO INSERT HIS "STYLE" AND RUINING OUR BELOVED SHOW!

I book a flight to Japan, the purpose is to get to Japan. Right?
First class, nice food, cute flight attendants...
Smooth flight even during turbulence...

Then the pilot decided to do a few barrel rolls with the plane during the turbulence to "enrich" our experience... Give us the rocky feeling, and his idea of "Artsy" flight.

TO THAT I SAY F*CK OFF!

Food fell all over the place, my hip hurts from seat belts, the flight attendant fall flat on her face with her bottoms up and showing her panties... Nic... I mean NO!

It kills our experience.

Did I get what I want? Yes, my plane land in Japan.
Was the experience great... Could've been if it weren't for...

In short...
No body appreciates it, and the customers are unhappy
Oct 28, 2012 3:42 PM

Aug 2009
So apparently, I'm the only one who actually liked the art style of this episode^^
I think it looked more serious and mature than in the other eps, well.
Also, for me, the sudden difference in presentation maintained the "wtf is happening here"-feeling for me, which is one of the main reasons I enjoy this show: It's uniqueness and the point, that you sayor predict what will happen next.
Also, Saki and Satoru definitely looked older, first I thought they did a time skip of something like that O_O
Now that I know from the comments that those naughty kids actually did something, I wish they had at least shown it in a way that it gets more clearer. For me it looked like she was going to start and they stop before anything happened o_o

Anyway, suspenseful, interesting episode, want to see more^^
mrmukOct 28, 2012 3:47 PM
Oct 28, 2012 3:58 PM

Jul 2010
Maybe it's because I've grew up watching old school anime, but I rarely ever bitch about animations. It never really stands out as an eyesore because I'm usually caught up in the story. To each his own I suppose....
Oct 28, 2012 4:31 PM

Oct 2011
Don't care much about the animation being horrible, but did the episode director really have to change the artstyle like that? It just felt awkward as everliving hell to watch after being used to Ep 1-4 artstyle. Not to mention the story was disjointed.
Still a pretty nice episode, although I was pretty surprised by the implied sex.
Just hoping the BD will revise this episode a lot.
Oct 28, 2012 4:41 PM

May 2011
AirStyles said:
kenshin_sama said:
AirStyles said:
kenshin_sama said:

I can only perceive this as an exaggeration, the loss of animation quality can't be compared to something as disastrous as that. If such an event were to occur, it would be easily understandable how anyone could be upset, but something as extreme as that could never be used in comparison to the insignificant loss of good animation. This could also reflect on what you want out of the anime. If you're enjoying it for the story, then there would be little to be upset with. If you're watching it just for the animation, I still couldn't see how this would be all too bad. The only way it would be as horrible as the scenario you came up with is if they took all that time introducing the plot as they did on episode three and make it to where none of it applied to the story that is played out later on.

MEsoJD said:
Maybe it's because I've grew up watching old school anime, but I rarely ever bitch about animations. It never really stands out as an eyesore because I'm usually caught up in the story. To each his own I suppose....

I am the same way. I was far too absolved in how interesting the plot was to even notice. The animation didn't cross my mind at all until I saw this thread.
Oct 28, 2012 4:47 PM
Sep 2012
Maybe the director think that this episode happen after timeskip :D
Oct 28, 2012 4:50 PM

Feb 2012
Terrible episode, I don't even need to explain why anymore at this point.
Oct 28, 2012 4:53 PM

Apr 2012
I have a feeling that many parts of this anime is gonna be disjointed because the novel is too graphic to be adapted in it's entirety in the anime. Some of the sexual encounters in the novel are gonna be "wtf" moments. I think that is why people are complaining about this episode because it's kinda a half assed adaptation of the novel and the disjointed parts are usually the deviations from the novel, but I really don't see any way around this unless they decided to make this a hentai

Oct 28, 2012 5:01 PM

Jun 2011
MEsoJD said:

same here!!
Duhuhu...
Oct 28, 2012 5:16 PM

Apr 2011
mrmuk said:
So apparently, I'm the only one who actually liked the art style of this episode^^
I think it looked more serious and mature than in the other eps, well.
Also, for me, the sudden difference in presentation maintained the "wtf is happening here"-feeling for me, which is one of the main reasons I enjoy this show: It's uniqueness and the point, that you sayor predict what will happen next.
Also, Saki and Satoru definitely looked older, first I thought they did a time skip of something like that O_O
Now that I know from the comments that those naughty kids actually did something, I wish they had at least shown it in a way that it gets more clearer. For me it looked like she was going to start and they stop before anything happened o_o

Anyway, suspenseful, interesting episode, want to see more^^

We would love it if it was being consistence since the first eps. But the problem is, suddenly eps 5 director and animator doing unnecessary barrel roll for no apparent reason. And Quality dropping rarely causing this much rage, but the problem is, again, because of inconsistencies with the art style and episode directing. Also, layout was plain bad if you actually watched the entire show. There is no GRIT or whatever shown trough character interactions or facial expression. And again, direction was pretty bad, the timing of each scene were messed up. I wish A-1 would redo this particular episode for BD release.

AirStyles was pretty much nailed it. We don't want egoistical from a mere guest animator chief or whatever they say.
Oct 28, 2012 5:26 PM

Jun 2009
kenshin_sama said:

but something as extreme as that could never be used in comparison to the insignificant loss of good animation.
The only way it would be as horrible as the scenario you came up with is if they took all that time introducing the plot as they did on episode three and make it to where none of it applied to the story that is played out later on.

Oh you'll be surprised, very surprised

Go back and rewatch... Episode 4 ending... it was near nightfall...

episode 5
Beginning, it was quite bright...
Then... got darker, make sense...
Then, when Saki fall... see those beautiful and bright... SUNLIGHTS?!
Then... All of a sudden, it's so dark it's not funny.

What's going on here? Did the dog explode and they all fainted?
Wake up the next early morning?
Got chased, then Saki fall as it reaches noon?
Then, what happen between the time between noon and dark? Did Satoru and Saki got captured by the group during noon? Or did they ran all day and last till night again?

The story clearly suggest that it all happens 2 hour within the dog explode... but wassup with the lighting... the animation suggest that it almost been over 18 hours... (Or by character artwork... they've been hibernating for YEARS)

Hmmmm.... Something to think about...

...... (Don't even get me started on the characters' facial expression)

The animation, was shit at best. And yes, it's just as bad as the plane story I told.

EDIT: Just so you know, I was fuming for over 3 hours because of the animation. I finished that show around 3AM, I stayed up to DL the earliest release. I watch it, and I couldn't sleep!

Because my favorite show of the season just got toyed with. In case you haven't notice, I love this show! I'm not pissed because the animation takes a turn for the worse,(I mean, I'd understand if time is creeping up on them, or they're having management issues, at least they tried) the real reason I'm pissed is because the animation was done that way INTENTIONALLY! By an episode director who think he's so artistic and awesome.

EDIT: Go back and watch the first PV of Shinsekai, they already have the dog exploding bit drawn, but why does it look different to the one in episode 5? I strongly suspect this director decided that they should re-draw it with his style in mind.

ReyvateilEXEC said:
MEsoJD said:

same here!!

I bet you accept your books made out of sandpaper right? Since books only need to be readable?

If you don't mind the quality of animation, does that mean you're fine with the director suddenly decide the next episode shall be animated with 360p resolution? I mean, 360p was the standard back in early 90's wasn't it? I'm sure you guys will feel just at home at that resolution. In fact, you probably won't even notice the difference because you never bitched about 360p in the past.
AirStylesOct 28, 2012 5:51 PM
Oct 28, 2012 7:12 PM

Mar 2012
Am I the only one her who loves the new art style?

I mean are you all that Pedo you want to see loli Saki getting it on with Satoru? There is finally some decent action in the anime and you guys pull this shit.
My blog: http://ankokuryuumugen.wordpress.com/

[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/ankokuryuumugen&sclick=1]
Oct 28, 2012 8:17 PM

Oct 2007
AirStyles said:
The reason I, and many others voice our complaints, is because we... DO NOT WANT ANOTHER EGOTISTICAL DIRECTOR TO INSERT HIS "STYLE" AND RUINING OUR BELOVED SHOW!

There is no ego trip going on here,the episode director was asked by the director of the show to do things his way and ignore continuity in style with other episodes.So if you've got issues take it up to the director for wanting a different style for this episode,the episode director just did what he was asked to.
totoumOct 28, 2012 8:20 PM
all for fun.fun for all
Oct 28, 2012 8:26 PM

Jun 2009
ankokuryuumugen said:
Am I the only one her who loves the new art style?

I mean are you all that Pedo you want to see loli Saki getting it on with Satoru? There is finally some decent action in the anime and you guys pull this shit.

If you love the new art style, awkward lighting(as mention above), unusual facial expression(Dude, In some parts, their face were smiling when the voice they make are of disturb/stressed emotion), and no faces(when the queerat kneel before Satoru and Saki). Good on you.

Second, where did you get the pedo idea?
Go back and browse all 15 pages, and tell me if anyone mention they wanna see Saki and Satoru "get it on". If anything, we've only talked about "Implication" is more than enough. (With one post saying he can't see how the story will work without it turning hentai)

For your information, Yosuga no Sora, To Love-Ru Darkness, Seikon no Qwaser whatever... are a lot more explicit than Shinsekai Yori, and guess what? They're not even considered Hentai material.

You think lolicon are willing to wait 5 weeks for loli sex when there's so many options out there?(Which btw, show a lot more skin than Shinsekai will probably ever show) This argument is as stupid as "experts" claiming kids play Mass Effect to see the sex scene. To reach that point, kids need to invest hours of gameplay! Why would they do that if internet porn is just several clicks away?!

Same goes for Shinsekai fan, you think we're actually watching Shinsekai for sex scene when loli porn are just a google away? Next time, use your head before you post, knowing you're enjoying Shinsekai Yori, you shouldn't be stupid. (Though the "finally some action" claim kinda made me think otherwise)

I'm not ganna deny that there's probably some perv among us, but calling anyone that prefer the old art style a pedo is ridiculous, and it's especially insulting to those who actually like the story so far and have been voicing their opinion of "sex scene should only be implied and not shown".

Action? What action?
If anything, episode 4(best episode by far) have at least 3 times as much action shown in episode 5, and I add, more than half of episode 4 are info dumps.

totoum said:
AirStyles said:

There is no ego trip going on here,the episode director was asked by the director of the show to do things his way and ignore continuity in style with other episodes.So if you've got issues take it up to the director for wanting a different style for this episode,the episode director just did what he was asked to.

Citations please?

Looking at the first PV, it's evident that the said director had the whole dog explode scene redrawn to fit his style, if smells like ego to me.

If you got the evidence proving that there's no ego involve whatsoever, I'll apologize.

But that doesn't mean I like the his style any better because of it. (Like what I mentioned in previous post, it's still hideous and the lighting is all over the place)

EDIT: And no, I don't even have to take it to the director myself.

JP fans have been rather loud regarding this episode, last time I check, which is more than 30 hours ago, JP message board have loaded with over 4000 negative comments, I'd say the number should at least triple by now.

You'd think directors would be smarter about changing the show's art-style after the infamous TTGL episode 4 incident.
AirStylesOct 28, 2012 8:41 PM
Oct 28, 2012 8:29 PM

Jun 2009
I don't mind the art style. I just don't like the random smiling and that the faces didn't match what the characters were saying. Maria sounded like she was scared, but her face didn't move much. I don't care of the animation changes, as long as the story is good. But this episode wasn't and it did seem like you needed to read the LN to get certain things fleshed out.
[/center]
Oct 28, 2012 8:55 PM

Jun 2009
BridgeX said:
I don't mind the art style. I just don't like the random smiling and that the faces didn't match what the characters were saying. Maria sounded like she was scared, but her face didn't move much. I don't care of the animation changes, as long as the story is good. But this episode wasn't and it did seem like you needed to read the LN to get certain things fleshed out.

After all "The Animation was fine" by several user who commented here... I almost thought I'm the only one who noticed them.

Thank god there's another one like me who notice the ridiculous facial animation.
Oct 28, 2012 8:58 PM

Apr 2012
An animation quality drop--I can deal with that. What I can't deal with is the poor direction and awkward transitioning between scenes; it makes for a very disjointed narrative and a frustrating watch. The music was nice, though, and really helped set the foreboding tone of the ep.
Oct 28, 2012 9:10 PM

Nov 2011
I actually loved the art style in this episode. And as many said, it made the sex scene supposedly less awkward. It made it kinda hot actually, I wouldn't have thought itw as hot if they were still kids. Satoru looked nice, everyone looked nice. And the girls were just pure beautiful. A lot of sensuality and grace i'd say. The animation itself lacked a few frames during some movements, yes, but I didn't mind. At all. Key frames were good. If anything, I think Saki had wider facial expressions range which is always a good thing.
Oct 28, 2012 9:17 PM

Jun 2009
Morridine said:
I actually loved the art style in this episode. And as many said, it made the sex scene supposedly less awkward. It made it kinda hot actually, I wouldn't have thought itw as hot if they were still kids. Satoru looked nice, everyone looked nice. And the girls were just pure beautiful. A lot of sensuality and grace i'd say. The animation itself lacked a few frames during some movements, yes, but I didn't mind. At all. Key frames were good. If anything, I think Saki had wider facial expressions range which is always a good thing.

And people that prefer the original art style are accused of being pedos.

If you think the animation only lacking in a few key frames... you need to re-watch the episode... without subs. Pay attention to the faces, the time progression, the lazy drawing etc etc.
Oct 28, 2012 9:24 PM

Oct 2007
AirStyles said:
Looking at the first PV, it's evident that the said director had the whole dog explode scene redrawn to fit his style, if smells like ego to me.

If you got the evidence proving that there's no ego involve whatsoever, I'll apologize.

But that doesn't mean I like the his style any better because of it. (Like what I mentioned in previous post, it's still hideous and the lighting is all over the place)

EDIT: And no, I don't even have to take it to the director myself.

JP fans have been rather loud regarding this episode, last time I check, which is more than 30 hours ago, JP message board have loaded with over 4000 negative comments, I'd say the number should at least triple by now.

You'd think directors would be smarter about changing the show's art-style after the infamous TTGL episode 4 incident.

I'll be sure to PM a link when I find one (even if it might take a while,believe me I will) but really,even if he had things redrawn,an episode director can't do that without the directors's approval,the director oversees everything.It's not like that guy brings his style to whatever episode he directs, he directed and storyboarded an episode of railgun for example without there being any drastic change in style.
So simple logic dictates the director was on board with this (but again,i'll be on the lookout for citation)

The TTGL episode is an example of that,the director of the episode himself was surprised they kept his artstyle,and I've got a citation for that

OUSA: You’ve become known as of late for coming into a series around the 4th or 5th episode and taking things in a different direction from what’s come before. Gurren Lagann episode 4, for example, has character designs and animation that are a drastic departure from the previous episodes. Can you talk about the story behind that at all?

Kobayashi: Yeah, that one sure is way different, huh? Gurren Lagann episode 4... The reason that one happened is because the director – Hiroyuki Imaishi – came up with the plot for the episode. Imaishi is a crazy guy, and he was really gung-ho about doing it his way.

Also, the character designer, Atsushi Nishigori, did the character designs for a show I directed called Beck. He really likes my drawings, and actually modeled some of his ideas off mine when he was working on Beck, and when episode 4 of Gurren Lagann rolled around he just left my drawings the way they were.

I actually asked him about that when we were working on it. “Hey, are you going to change my drawings? They don’t look like your designs at all.” And he just said “It’s okay. I really want to see your drawings for this one.” That’s the truth! Some people talk bad about me, saying I’m selfish, doing it my own way, but like... that’s not really me in that episode. The craziest scenes were all Imaishi!
all for fun.fun for all
Oct 28, 2012 9:51 PM

Jun 2009
OUSA: You’ve become known as of late for coming into a series around the 4th or 5th episode and taking things in a different direction from what’s come before. Gurren Lagann episode 4, for example, has character designs and animation that are a drastic departure from the previous episodes. Can you talk about the story behind that at all?

Kobayashi: Yeah, that one sure is way different, huh? Gurren Lagann episode 4... The reason that one happened is because the director – Hiroyuki Imaishi – came up with the plot for the episode. Imaishi is a crazy guy, and he was really gung-ho about doing it his way.

Also, the character designer, Atsushi Nishigori, did the character designs for a show I directed called Beck. He really likes my drawings, and actually modeled some of his ideas off mine when he was working on Beck, and when episode 4 of Gurren Lagann rolled around he just left my drawings the way they were.

I actually asked him about that when we were working on it. “Hey, are you going to change my drawings? They don’t look like your designs at all.” And he just said “It’s okay. I really want to see your drawings for this one.” That’s the truth! Some people talk bad about me, saying I’m selfish, doing it my own way, but like... that’s not really me in that episode. The craziest scenes were all Imaishi!

Great... Here I am thinking the episode director at least believe in their own "style" to be superior...

It turns out those directors might just be dicking around... This totally makes me see them in a better light...

I thought they were prideful and egotistical... Now they just turn out to be idiots who can't even concentrate on their job...
AirStylesOct 28, 2012 10:39 PM
Pages (11) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shinsekai yori Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 2, 2012

299 by RGreatDanton »»
Jun 5, 3:45 AM

Poll: » Shinsekai yori Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 19, 2012

364 by RGreatDanton »»
Jun 5, 2:29 AM

Poll: » Shinsekai yori Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 12, 2012

281 by RGreatDanton »»
Jun 5, 12:48 AM

Poll: » Shinsekai yori Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Oct 5, 2012

322 by RGreatDanton »»
Jun 5, 12:37 AM

Poll: » Shinsekai yori Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Sep 28, 2012

465 by RGreatDanton »»
Jun 4, 9:29 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.