3It was OK
18.6%
2Disliked it
14.7%
1Hated it
8.2%
Average 3.6
889 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (11) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Oct 26, 2012 9:26 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------

WTF @ beginning. Chaos with that rat like creature with the blood and gore.

I loved the soundtrack of this episode once again especially in the second half. I still found the artwork to be alright despite some of the changes. I also find Satoru and Saki's scenes a little strange but that's alright.

Interesting ending btw with a startling finish. Good episode.

Stark700Oct 26, 2012 10:08 PM
Oct 26, 2012 9:42 AM
Aug 2012
WOAH DAMN

Didn't know so much anime was coming out today.
Oct 26, 2012 12:05 PM

Jul 2010
Seriously, when they encountered this I was like "WTF?!" (NSFW?):

Then, a cliffhanger ending with Saki in trouble.
Oct 26, 2012 1:50 PM

Jul 2012
... is it just me or does the art style look different
all the characters look slightly older and taller
Oct 26, 2012 2:11 PM

Jun 2012
walk said:

I haven't seen it yet properly cause the subs arn't out but watching the beginning felt weird, like the facial expressions/animation was a bit worse than the previous episodes. Everything looked pretty odd.
Oct 26, 2012 2:15 PM

Jul 2012
transcendent12 said:
walk said:

I haven't seen it yet properly cause the subs arn't out but watching the beginning felt weird, like the facial expressions/animation was a bit worse than the previous episodes. Everything looked pretty odd.

i just finished watching the episode, and yeah, the animation is quite inconsistent through the entire episode. (  ̄_ゝ ̄) but in the preview for the next episode, their character design looks back to normal... WHAT HAPPENED THIS WEEK
Oct 26, 2012 2:23 PM

Oct 2011
What happened to the wonderful art?!! O.o This was so baaaaad.
Oct 26, 2012 2:33 PM
Sep 2011
walk said:
transcendent12 said:
walk said:

i just finished watching the episode, and yeah, the animation is quite inconsistent through the entire episode. (  ̄_ゝ ̄) but in the preview for the next episode, their character design looks back to normal... WHAT HAPPENED THIS WEEK

My guess would be that they wanted the kids to look older so that
Oct 26, 2012 2:35 PM
Aug 2012
There were some other crap animation moments in the other episodes, they went above everyones heads.
Oct 26, 2012 2:42 PM
Nov 2011
deave112 said:
walk said:
transcendent12 said:
walk said:

My guess would be that they wanted the kids to look older so that
no, it's because the staff behind this episode uses this style
Oct 26, 2012 7:18 PM
Jul 2018
Yea, the characters looked older for a while. Good episode, A1 should remain consistent
Oct 26, 2012 9:06 PM

Jul 2012
LOLOLOL saki is such a tease omg. "i'll do it, stay still. wait no nvm --"
Oct 26, 2012 9:07 PM

Mar 2012
edwd2 said:
A1 should remain consistent

This
The animation looks somehow horrible in this episode
But the style will change back next episode though

Btw what did Satoru do anyway? Saki said he broke the rules and stuff

walk said:

Oh god i just have to lol
Oct 26, 2012 9:17 PM

May 2011
Damn, this is getting intense.

I wonder what will happen with those two being trap.
Oct 26, 2012 9:26 PM

Oct 2010
walk said:
But she did do something in the spoiler
well close to it but the smile was weird there.
Elite60 said:
Seriously, when they encountered this I was like "WTF?!" (NSFW?):

Then, a cliffhanger ending with Saki in trouble.
You are very immature my friend for this.

About the explicitness of the anime, upon seeing this episode the viewer should be clear according to the list.
  • All the monsters as the spoiler suggests
    will have genitals and breasts as needed. There shall be no holding back on that. I am not sure of the vagina and penis parts but I am sure of any chest/breasts related stuff. As this episode shows.

• It is further to add in the spoiler
    that monster organs shall be shown and fly out in gore.

• Finally bleeding and any damage whatsoever in the spoiler
    such as the one on Shun will be shown. So I fear for the deaths of future humans and damage in this series.
That being said the viewer should now decide if he/she can take this stuff or not. You have been warned concerning the explicitness of this show. It does not shy away in showing all the monsters and what they are.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Oct 26, 2012 9:28 PM

Dec 2010
Dang...what happened to the animation O_O
Oct 26, 2012 9:31 PM

Jul 2012
Yumekichi11 said:
walk said:

yeah, i noticed that too, and i was like what's up with that smile... but i just shrugged it off as the animation being dumb
Oct 26, 2012 9:35 PM

Oct 2010
walk said:
Yumekichi11 said:
walk said:

yeah, i noticed that too, and i was like what's up with that smile... but i just shrugged it off as the animation being dumb
I was thinking it was more a relief that was wrongfully expressed but I can understand it some sort of happiness that she was saved as before she was thinking that she was all alone on that field. But yeah GIF wise it leads to wrong thinking.

Oct 26, 2012 9:41 PM

Aug 2011
WTF A-1 I bet they're hoarding all the animation budget to Fart Art Online or something.

Seriously so many derp animations.
Oct 26, 2012 9:57 PM

Jul 2012
so guys, help me out! what is A-1's track record on animation touch-ups in DVD releases?
I know Shaft loves to do this, which might contribute to DVD sales, but does A-1 also fix things before DVD release? I ask because I was sitting there with a frown the entire time. my goodness, the team handling this episode was inconsistent. and i was really rooting for this series too =(
Oct 26, 2012 10:01 PM

Sep 2012
This episode is clearly the worst episode so far in the series. The animation and sakuga took a turn for the worse significantly. You don't have to be a well-seasoned anime fan to notice that and the bad sakuga pervades the whole episode.

This episode also has a problem of jumping too fast and cutting scenes too quickly, so it may present problem to watchers who have not read the original novels, or worse cause misunderstanding.

And they have toned down the sex A GREAT DEAL but I guess it cannot be helped because showing the scenes as in the novel would be too much in the present censorship environment (we are talking about underaged sex here).
symbvOct 26, 2012 10:23 PM
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Oct 26, 2012 10:08 PM

Sep 2012
plushkin said:
so guys, help me out! what is A-1's track record on animation touch-ups in DVD releases?
I know Shaft loves to do this, which might contribute to DVD sales, but does A-1 also fix things before DVD release?

Every studio do touch-up in BD/DVD releases I can confidently say to you. But some studios are known for doing extensive touch-up and Shaft is (in)famous for changing things that fans do not think need to be changed. Usually the touch-ups are done for details that can be told only if you pay close attention or play the video frame by frame, But if the sakuga is really bad, the staff will try to fix it but in the case of this episode the changes would have to be very extensive and effort may be substantial -- my guess is they will try to fix but I am not sure how far it will go.

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Oct 26, 2012 10:19 PM

Oct 2009
What the hell? The animation, what the hell happened to it?

What was with the pacing as well, it felt like a power point.

The "sex" scene was ... horrible. That looked so unnatural.
YanofliesOct 26, 2012 10:29 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 26, 2012 10:26 PM

Feb 2010
this ep is sure instense. as for me the animation doesnt matter
"never regret anything, because at one point it was exactly what you wanted"
Oct 26, 2012 10:43 PM

Oct 2009
Looks like those novels are gonna be one an extra life goal for me. Sucks to be limited by western literature, I want to read this so bad but I'd probably need a decade or so before I can tackle that novel.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 26, 2012 10:47 PM

Oct 2010
symbv said:
And they have toned down the sex A GREAT DEAL but I guess it cannot be helped because showing the scenes as in the novel would be too much in the present censorship environment (we are talking about underaged sex here).
I did not see anything even. Well could be good thing for the gore instead and blood being shown full blown. That itself would be better than showing the sex IMO.

I noticed the powers are also well shown.

The animation was inconsistent in this episode but I can fit in some pieces around. Mainly gas warfare?

Oct 26, 2012 11:10 PM

Aug 2010
That was probably some of the worst animation I have seen in an anime. The whole episode felt pretty poorly explained. Where did that monk guy go? It didn't look like he died. Why did the rat people suddenly have a change of heart from acting like aggressive beasts to suddenly being an organized culture. It felt like this episode was originally planned as an OVA or something what with the dodgy animation and completely different feel behind the episode than the rest of the series.
Oct 26, 2012 11:15 PM

Mar 2009
EMChamp said:
Where did that monk guy go? It didn't look like he died.

He's still with Maria, Mamoru and Shun (he is, of course, dead).
We didn't follow them this episode after Satoru and Saki got separated from them.

EMChamp said:
Why did the rat people suddenly have a change of heart from acting like aggressive beasts to suddenly being an organized culture.

Because they're two different tribes of bakenezumi, something which is clearly explained in the episode.
Shoujo_QOct 26, 2012 11:24 PM
Oct 26, 2012 11:20 PM

Aug 2011
I have legit no idea what happened. Animation... Why. Honestly I never really notice bad animation so it's gotta be real terrible for even me to see it. This episode seemed extremely jumpy - there wasn't really any cohesiveness to the events. So what I got from that was that the group of friends got broken up, Saki and Satoru got captured, they were going to have sex but stopped, ended up talking to some queerat who could speak Japanese, and started running away from other queerats. What was that sticky substance that Satoru found on the ceiling, though?

That queen was the most grotesque thing I've ever seen. It reminded me of the boob guy from Mardock Scramble.
Oct 26, 2012 11:20 PM

Sep 2012
Yumekichi11 said:
I did not see anything even. Well could be good thing for the gore instead and blood being shown full blown. That itself would be better than showing the sex IMO.

My issue is the censorship for gore and sex should be equally applied. However, the current censorship standard (at least as perceived by those in charge if not by the authority) is gore is less restricted than sex, and hint of underaged sex seems to be a no-no.

Yumekichi11 said:

The animation was inconsistent in this episode

Actually I would say the animation was consistent, which means consistently bad...

EMChamp said:
Where did that monk guy go? It didn't look like he died.

He died.
Even such a scene that should be easy to make it obvious is botched by the direction in this episode. This simple question was asked by a bunch of fans in Japan, so definitely the confusion is not due to any language or unfamiliarity with anime pacing issue.

Oct 26, 2012 11:25 PM

Sep 2012
Shoujo_Q said:

He's still with Maria, Mamoru and Shun. We didn't follow them this episode after Satoru and Saki got separated from them.

HE IS DEAD. See? The direction has a problem here. Even this simple scene is botched. The only explanation I can see is that the scene that indicates he is killed may have too much gore. They may put it back in the BD, perhaps.

Oct 26, 2012 11:28 PM

Mar 2009
symbv said:
Shoujo_Q said:

He's still with Maria, Mamoru and Shun. We didn't follow them this episode after Satoru and Saki got separated from them.

HE IS DEAD. See? The direction has a problem here. Even this simple scene is botched. The only explanation I can see is that the scene that indicates he is killed may have too much gore. They may put it back in the BD, perhaps.

I edited that in later to be more clear. I know he's dead.
However, he's *still with the three of them*, at least at the last known position they were at... as opposed to being with Saki and Satoru.
Oct 26, 2012 11:32 PM

Jul 2012
I swear with last episode's preview I thought there would be a time skip. Clearly, the animation is really inconsistent this episode. Oh well, I'll let it slide since the next episode looks fine.
My Anime Blog: http://www.Entravity.com/
Episodic overviews of the latest anime.

Oct 26, 2012 11:41 PM
Oct 2010
was there actual sex0rs? i did not see that. except when she teased him in that cage 0_0 crazy good ep, aside from the animation as mentioned before. at one point she yells out his name and her lips dont move -____-
Dont bother replying to my posts in forums, dont check them afterwards.

Oct 26, 2012 11:49 PM

Oct 2010
symbv said:
Yumekichi11 said:

My issue is the censorship for gore and sex should be equally applied. However, the current censorship standard (at least as perceived by those in charge if not by the authority) is gore is less restricted than sex, and hint of underaged sex seems to be a no-no.
In my experience the gore is far less considered offensive than the ecchi/hentai in any given anime.

Oct 26, 2012 11:58 PM

Sep 2012
Yumekichi11 said:
symbv said:
Yumekichi11 said:

In my experience the gore is far less considered offensive than the ecchi/hentai in any given anime.

That does not mean that "itself would be better than showing the sex" as you said. I think that is my whole point. The anime showed as if Saki realized how she should behave and stopped before she really started doing anything, but the sense of moral shown by Saki in the anime is actually the standard from our present time not their time. In the world of the novel, those kids would have known about doing this even before the Library Archive told them about underaged sex is no problem in their world.
symbvOct 27, 2012 12:02 AM

Oct 27, 2012 12:00 AM

Jan 2011
da fuck happened to the pretty art these animations made for some awkward moments and oddly time close up expressions lol

i don't know kinda felt like i was watching a different show this week all i know is that their in trouble~
Oct 27, 2012 12:01 AM

Sep 2012
Shoujo_Q said:

I edited that in later to be more clear. I know he's dead.
However, he's *still with the three of them*, at least at the last known position they were at... as opposed to being with Saki and Satoru.

No, remember, all the kids run away in separate directions, so those three are no longer at the site where the monk died. So no matter how you twist it, the monk is no longer with those 3 kids.

As for the bad sakuga...
One glaring mistake is after the No.604 queerat was almost eaten by the queen, the "604" mark on its forehead is completely gone. Even though it got injured on its forehead, the mark should not have gone completely.

Oct 27, 2012 12:01 AM

Jul 2012
symbv said:
Yumekichi11 said:
symbv said:
Yumekichi11 said:

That does not mean that "itself would be better than showing the sex" as you said. I think that is my whole point. The anime showed as if Saki realized how she should behave before she started doing anything, but the sense of moral shown by Saki in the anime is actually the standard from our present time not their time. In the world of the novel, those kids would have known about doing this even before the Library Archive told them about underaged sex is no problem in their world.

hm, i don't know what happens in the novel, but from what i gathered that happened in the anime... the kids have been doing that kind of stuff before, it was only until they encountered the minoshiro did saki discover why they would do that kind of stuff. that's why during the scene between her and satoru, it just seemed to happen out of nowhere (because it was so natural for them). then she stopped abruptly because she now realized that it was "wrong". or something like that (´-ω-`)
Oct 27, 2012 12:03 AM
Sep 2012
Yumekichi11 said:
symbv said:
Judging from these comments, and spoiler in the other thread, I assume that Saki and the other dude did have sex in the novel - in full view of that pervy mole rat thing I might add. I guess I shouldn't be surprised since they're around 10 or 11. Still, is it me or do they look a little older than in previous episodes - especially Saki?

WTF is up with that queen monster? She looks like a fat old hag with 8 breast.
Oct 27, 2012 12:04 AM

Sep 2012
walk said:

hm, i don't know what happens in the novel, but from what i gathered that happened in the anime... the kids have been doing that kind of stuff before, it was only until they encountered the minoshiro did saki discover why they would do that kind of stuff. that's why during the scene between her and satoru, it just seemed to happen out of nowhere (because it was so natural for them). then she stopped abruptly because she now realized that it was "wrong". or something like that (´-ω-`)

Your interpretation of what happened in the anime is also fine, but my issue is still the same - Saki should not think that it is "wrong". That is just the moral standard transplanted from our present world.

Oct 27, 2012 12:06 AM

Jul 2012
symbv said:
walk said:

Your interpretation of what happened in the anime is also fine, but my issue is still the same - Saki should not think that it is "wrong". That is just the moral standard transplanted from our present world.

ah, so in the novels, they go about it and saki is still okay with it?
Oct 27, 2012 12:06 AM

Sep 2012
walk said:
symbv said:

In the novel, they are all okay with it (and they went much further) until they noticed they are being watched by the guarding queerat.

Oct 27, 2012 12:08 AM

Jul 2012
symbv said:
walk said:
symbv said:

In the novel, they are all okay with it until they noticed they are being watched by the guarding queerat.

being... watched by... THAT IS DISTURBING ASDLK;FJ
but thanks for clearing that up (´∇`)b
Oct 27, 2012 12:09 AM
Sep 2012
symbv said:
walk said:
symbv said:

In the novel, they are all okay with it (and they went much further) until they noticed they are being watched by the guarding queerat.
Exactly how far did they get before they noticed?
Oct 27, 2012 12:10 AM

Sep 2012
AiCon said:
]Exactly how far did they get before they noticed?

IIRC hand job and oral job.

Oct 27, 2012 12:14 AM
Sep 2012
symbv said:
AiCon said:
]Exactly how far did they get before they noticed?

IIRC hand job and oral job.
So I assume that they're the first ones to

Since you read the novel, what did you think of it?
Oct 27, 2012 12:17 AM

Sep 2012
AiCon said:
So I assume that they're the first ones to

Depends how you read it, there are indication that things are going on between Saki and Maria before this Satoru x Saki scene. I think in the anime it is also briefly touched upon during the flashback by Saki during the explanation by the Library Archive.
symbvOct 27, 2012 12:22 AM

Oct 27, 2012 12:17 AM

Apr 2011
O_O...The animation

What the animators decide to do now?Bring me back my great animation next episode >:(

^So they ''did'' something in the novel but in the anime Saki stopped because she thought it was wrong with it, right?
Oct 27, 2012 12:18 AM

Sep 2011
For this episode just can say WTF HAPPEN TO THE ANIMATION!?!?!?

It was soooo bad!! but beyond that build up episode pretty much seems next one will be back to the usual quality...i hope -.-

Also for those who expected something more on the sex scenes were being to naive,if they cover "glow up" sex,underage sex is a no No NO.
Pages (11) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Ugly KV

ScuzzyBear - Jun 8, 2023

9 by charlieman999 »»
Mar 28, 6:10 AM

Poll: » Shinsekai yori Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 16, 2012

702 by Ryls »»
Mar 19, 12:05 PM

Poll: » Shinsekai yori Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 22, 2013

1325 by Xeehad »»
Mar 2, 8:13 AM

Poll: » Shinsekai yori Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jan 4, 2013

169 by Xeehad »»
Mar 1, 11:37 AM

Poll: » Shinsekai yori Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 19, 2012

363 by Xeehad »»
Feb 26, 9:30 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.