Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (15) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 10 » ... Last »
Sep 16, 2012 12:43 AM

Jun 2012
kerobear said:
Karhu said:
Yumekichi11 said:

I wonder how long Asuna's hair will be in episode 25.

That is coming from a girl. I did not notice how cute the picture was until Yumekichi11 posted it. Being a boy myself, she is very cute.
--
So it seems that the ratings were more spread out. It makes sense of course. Last episode had a magnificent amount of 5s.
Anyway, this episode was great and very cute, but since I am also disappointed that I didn't see an official wedding and since I think it began a new arc, there wasn't much to lead to with the time, more of an introduction. So, I rated it a 4/5. I am looking forward to what will happen (as I am not reading the LN), but there isn't much else for me to say about this episode.
This series is still really great and will continue to be, since I care so much about art. It's still my favorite ongoing (and probably will be), and I care about it so much that it is nearly at the top of my priority list for things to do (even if I am busy or don't have much time, I must watch this Saturday night-can't even wait one night). So yeah, until next week I guess.

Sep 16, 2012 12:47 AM

Mar 2009
another shitty episode of this shitty show

CDenver said:
Another week, another great episode.
lol
Sep 16, 2012 1:33 AM

Jul 2009
audiodoll said:

CDenver said:
lol

You still here talking?
Sep 16, 2012 1:38 AM

Apr 2012
I think people are expecting too much out of SAO. It has a simple plot and people want something more out of it. The premise of the story is they are stuck in a virtual game and they want to get out by beating the game. The end. I guess people are outraged because they aren't getting more than just that? Like other MMORPGS you PVE and beat the last boss except there aren't any expansions in this game lol. The same thing in this anime. They beat a bunch of bosses, they pk people, they craft epic weapons with rare items, etc. Nevertheless still an enjoyable anime even though the plot may seem limited. Plot and MMORPGS never go well together even the one's you play today!
zzzeallySep 16, 2012 1:41 AM

Sep 16, 2012 1:41 AM

Dec 2011
audiodoll said:

CDenver said:
lol

If you don't like it - don't watch it. Gosh.

~

Aww Yui is so cute. Can't wait for next episode.
Sep 16, 2012 1:45 AM
Jul 2018
looks like they are adapting ALO after all
Sep 16, 2012 1:55 AM

Sep 2010
So there are kiddie players in SAO..... And why those front-line players were afraid of Asuna's attacks.... Inner area attacks wouldn't reduce HP.... And as I remember pain is not simulated in SAO.... So nothing to be afraid.....

Anyway, Yui is cute....

3.5/5
Sep 16, 2012 2:09 AM

Apr 2009
So now SAO showed us that it's not only laughably bad as a battle Shounen, but as a romance and SoL as well....great.
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Sep 16, 2012 2:14 AM
Oct 2010
OG-3 said:
audiodoll said:
CDenver said:
lol
If you don't like it - don't watch it. Gosh.
Ignore her, she's just another shitty troll.
"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain"
Friedrich Schiller
Sep 16, 2012 2:34 AM

Jan 2012
Great episode. So much mystic in this one. Can't wait for next one.

Sep 16, 2012 2:39 AM

Jan 2011
Great episode, but is this yet another filler or is Yui actually important?
I'm looking forward to more.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Sep 16, 2012 2:40 AM

Apr 2009
ownosourus said:
Great episode. So much mystic in this one. Can't wait for next one.

I assure you that mysticism was never part of this anime (although it seems to be essential for the fanbase in regards to the series' content)...however, if you mean bad MYSTERY then you are correct.

To clarify: The English term mysticism is misleading here in a context that it does not differenciate between the German terms Mystik and Mystizismus. I actually mean Mystizismus, which refers to a non-critical enthusiasm towards mystic apparitions. The mysticism definition from Kant is therefore ignored.
NidhoeggrSep 16, 2012 2:55 AM
Sep 16, 2012 2:44 AM

Sep 2008
jayrome25 said:
can some please tell me how the anime is soooo "goood" right now? ive been watching every week in hopes it will return to its formal glory in episodes 1 and 2. But of course it didn't happen. Honestly the animes portrayal of the story sucks so bad compared to the light novel. Like what with all these fag close ups of asuna. This wasn't suppose to be some fanservice show. Plus, the action scenes last 15-30 secs at most. Lastly if this show is so "great" how come half the viewers i read on blogs and forums bash on this show. If it was so good there wouldn't be this many.

Not only the battles lasted less than one minute, the FPS feels like less than 10. In Asuna vs Kuradeel, there are even a lot of one second still frame.
Sep 16, 2012 2:45 AM

Mar 2010
wasnt as exciting as previous episodes but still love it , love the concept , and characters :)
Sep 16, 2012 2:56 AM

Apr 2012
Just started watching SAO. This episode is definitely much more....relaxed compared to the other episodes so it's nice to have some balance. Quite surprised at the end with Yui breaking down. O_O Oh what will it be...

My forum picture is awesome. #sorrynotsorry (tumblr)

Sep 16, 2012 3:04 AM

Jul 2009
Asuna, when Kirito said "ride my head" he did not mean this:
Sep 16, 2012 3:10 AM

Sep 2012
I didnt really understand the ending of this episode , any help?
but it was kinda slow but overall it was good .

Hopefull thinkgs will start to pick up by the next episode , i dont think 25 episodes will be enough at this pace
Sep 16, 2012 3:11 AM

Aug 2009
twonline said:
So there are kiddie players in SAO..... And why those front-line players were afraid of Asuna's attacks.... Inner area attacks wouldn't reduce HP.... And as I remember pain is not simulated in SAO.... So nothing to be afraid.....

Anyway, Yui is cute....

3.5/5

Front liners?The ARMY stays in the 1st floor since the 25floor boss if I remember correctly...Numbers aside they must be one of the weakest guilds now.She wont reduce their HP,but she can push them back and players can "feel" pain it's just that its in their minds.Like when Kuradeel was trying to kill Kirito.
Sep 16, 2012 3:15 AM

Jul 2009
Now i see where all the hate is coming form
Sep 16, 2012 3:21 AM

Jul 2010
Nice lighthearted episode up until they found Yui. I couldn't help but look up who Yui actually is (yeah I spoiled myself >.<). This is going to be interesting.

Kirito and Asuna are cute together. They're already papa and mama in the eyes of Yui. :)

Sep 16, 2012 3:23 AM
Sep 2011
whoever expects this as a typical shounen ani must be tards ...
just sayin' ...

The novel described battle scenes in novel with very, very generic words. The good thing about SAO is that, it tells us the story, the adventures of the love story between 2 characters, not some shounen-ish battle like narutards, OP, bleach, fairy tails or whatever similar to it.

Shounen is just a demography, cause SAO is popular with all ages and sex. ( 13+ ofc)
HibiChouchouSep 16, 2012 3:30 AM
Sep 16, 2012 3:32 AM

Aug 2012
YUI-CHANNNNNNNNNNNN!!
Hi...
Sep 16, 2012 3:33 AM

Oct 2011
Is Yui somehow connected to a game? Or GM sent her to SAO to play certain role ; d
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the General Forum Guidelines.
Sep 16, 2012 3:33 AM

May 2008
I was staring at the screen for awhile and before i knew it it ended LOL.

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Sep 16, 2012 3:45 AM

Feb 2012
Didn't expect to see such a story about family life, I enjoyed it, Yui is adorable.
Sep 16, 2012 4:10 AM

Apr 2009
HibiChouchou said:
just sayin' ...

The novel described battle scenes in novel with very, very generic words. The good thing about SAO is that, it tells us the story, the adventures of the love story between 2 characters, not some shounen-ish battle like narutards, OP, bleach, fairy tails or whatever similar to it.

Shounen is just a demography, cause SAO is popular with all ages and sex. ( 13+ ofc)

There is so much wrong in this post that I don't know where to begin with my corrections...can I just say that you're an idiot who obviously didn't grasp the basic concepts of genre definition, demography and English grammar?
Sep 16, 2012 4:16 AM
Apr 2011
My take on this series is simple: a lot of the side stories could be skipped in favour of deeper and more elaborate development of the plot. Just take Silica for example. Lisbeth could be argued to be important, but even her could be left out without much issue. It is fine for a novel to contain several side characters and elaborate on those, but an anime is more limited, there is only so much that it can contain.

However, I don't mind those side stories, I like them. I was even slightly disappointed that they didn't include more fishing. So is this series flawed? Sure. I even think there are better series this season; like Space Brothers. But overall I am enjoying it quite a lot. Perhaps because I love MMOs and the way you can create a new, virtual, word. And how you live in that world. I find the idea quite pleasing.

I must admit I am quite happy they didn't leave out Yui tbh. :)
Sep 16, 2012 4:33 AM
Sep 2011
Nidhoeggr said:
HibiChouchou said:
just sayin' ...

There is so much wrong in this post that I don't know where to begin with my corrections...can I just say that you're an idiot who obviously didn't grasp the basic concepts of genre definition, demography and English grammar?

Take it easy, you seem mad bro, I just want to troll those grammar nazi ( you obviously one of them eh? I bet you come from Germany *look at your profile* opps my guess is correct )
tell me then, enlighten me please.
I thought you quit watching SAO long time ago, I still have your quotation which says you would drop the show.
HibiChouchouSep 16, 2012 4:38 AM
Sep 16, 2012 4:43 AM

Apr 2009
HibiChouchou said:

Take it easy, you seem mad bro, I just want to troll those grammar nazi ( you obviously one of them eh? I bet you come from Germany *look at your profile* opps my guess is correct )
tell me then, enlighten me please.
I thought you quit watching SAO long time ago, I still have your quotation which says you would drop the show.

I said I would stop the discussion about episode 4, nothing more (I'm a completionist).
Anyway, I'm going to assume you are a troll as you do not provide any information on yourself as well as not having a public anime & manga list on display. Have a nice day trolling.
Sep 16, 2012 4:43 AM

Jun 2008
Mandarni said:
My take on this series is simple: a lot of the side stories could be skipped in favour of deeper and more elaborate development of the plot. Just take Silica for example. Lisbeth could be argued to be important, but even her could be left out without much issue. It is fine for a novel to contain several side characters and elaborate on those, but an anime is more limited, there is only so much that it can contain.

Everytime....

They can't ditch the Side Stories because it contains characters for the next Arc. And no matter what we do, they will eventually animate the side stories, since it's in volume 2 of the novel. While the 2nd Arc was in Volume 3 that includes those side story characters as important characters.

Visit this blog That I'm working with my friend
http://randomnessthing.com/
Sep 16, 2012 4:51 AM
Apr 2011
kaimax said:
Everytime....

They can't ditch the Side Stories because it contains characters for the next Arc. And no matter what we do, they will eventually animate the side stories, since it's in volume 2 of the novel. While the 2nd Arc was in Volume 3 that includes those side story characters as important characters.

True, to some extent. But that doesn't mean that the story can't be adapted to work without them. I assume you have read the novels, well, assume that XXXX (just pick any side character, like Silica) and see if the story could be adapted to work without them, and if their contribution is valuable enough.

As I said, I don't mind it, at all. I like the side stories. I even appreciate that the anime is going to such length to include as much as possible of the original material, though it is quite possible that they are trying to include too much. Some characters are more important for the plot than others. And it stands to reason that if you were to remove a character relatively insignificant for the plot it could give more time to devote to the main story.
Sep 16, 2012 5:36 AM

Sep 2012
I can't say i loved this episode but i did like it . Purely because it didnt have much to happen in it. So sadly i have to wait another week for a episode of sao :(
Sep 16, 2012 6:02 AM

Sep 2008
Unexpected. They didn't cram the whole arc into a single episode as has become the standard for this lousy adaptation.

Despite giving this 2 episodes, they still somehow did this episode very badly.
Sep 16, 2012 6:05 AM

Aug 2009
5layer said:
Unexpected. They didn't cram the whole arc into a single episode as has become the standard for this lousy adaptation.

Despite giving this 2 episodes, they still somehow did this episode very badly.

Hmm.While I would like SAO to be adapted word to word,at least this ep had what we needed for the plot.So what if they didnt meet at the church,etc?
Sep 16, 2012 6:14 AM

Apr 2011
I feel so sad for Yui, I wonder what was going on at the end.

And what's this whole thing with Asuna's hair length, I mean can it actually get longer?
Sep 16, 2012 6:23 AM

Feb 2010
Awesome episode but I wanted to see a wedding ceremony! :-(
Sep 16, 2012 7:05 AM

Aug 2012
MasterMeNL said:
Great episode, but is this yet another filler or is Yui actually important?
I'm looking forward to more.

Hikarusuke said:

And what's this whole thing with Asuna's hair length, I mean can it actually get longer?

Yui is going to die...

Sep 16, 2012 7:07 AM

Apr 2011
Ah. Such a nice episode. I couldn't stop smiling seeing how happy the newlyweds are especially now that Yui appeared to and started calling them Mama and Papa.
Sep 16, 2012 7:11 AM

Aug 2012
Hikarusuke said:

Magito said:
Ah. Such a nice episode. I couldn't stop smiling seeing how happy the newlyweds are especially now that Yui appeared to and started calling them Mama and Papa.

It really is a unique episode in terms of anime. You rarely if ever see a calm "family life" episode mixed into an "action/adventure" genre like SAO.

And this is one of those episodes where, if you know more about the characters (and especially Yui's origins), you really come to appreciate what actually happened in this episode.
Sep 16, 2012 7:14 AM
Sep 2010
Great episode.
Sep 16, 2012 7:16 AM

Feb 2010
Mandarni said:
kaimax said:
Everytime....

True, to some extent. But that doesn't mean that the story can't be adapted to work without them. I assume you have read the novels, well, assume that XXXX (just pick any side character, like Silica) and see if the story could be adapted to work without them, and if their contribution is valuable enough.

As I said, I don't mind it, at all. I like the side stories. I even appreciate that the anime is going to such length to include as much as possible of the original material, though it is quite possible that they are trying to include too much. Some characters are more important for the plot than others. And it stands to reason that if you were to remove a character relatively insignificant for the plot it could give more time to devote to the main story.

Arguing like that is pointless.

They adapt the side stories, trying to get as much of the novels into the anime as possible = people complain about "fillers" because they don't like their characters to be set up rather than appearing out of the blue.
If they didn't adapt the side stories, people would bitch even more, because they'd butcher the fantastic and absolutely perfect novels. We've seen it. so. many. times. If they cut characters and rearrange the story to fit into the anime medium, people call it a failure for being unfaithful to the original.

They can't win, can they?
Sep 16, 2012 7:23 AM

Apr 2012
Asuna and Kirito are are married but she doesn't seem to know anything about him, even basic things like how old he is. Like most of the things in this show, their relationship has developed off screen because SAO likes to tell and not show. That's my biggest problem with the show. We get all kinds of information from massive exposition dumps when they should be showing us these things. Instead we get thrown into the middle of things and then have the story explained later when some character just vomits up a load of exposition. I might as well be reading the novels and not watching an animated series.

The show isn't terrible, but it's very bland this way because although the animation is nice they tend to just show the most basic things and just talk about the interesting stuff.
Sep 16, 2012 7:45 AM

Dec 2010
this suddenly turned into a romance anime...
well, whatever. at least the story progresses now.
i'm thinking yui might be a bug, or an AI in the system...

pretty ok chapter i guess... :D
"Either Die as a Hero... or live long enough to see yourself becoming the villain..."

Sep 16, 2012 8:37 AM
Sep 2011
Marius2005 said:
Asuna and Kirito are are married but she doesn't seem to know anything about him, even basic things like how old he is. Like most of the things in this show, their relationship has developed off screen because SAO likes to tell and not show. That's my biggest problem with the show. We get all kinds of information from massive exposition dumps when they should be showing us these things. Instead we get thrown into the middle of things and then have the story explained later when some character just vomits up a load of exposition. I might as well be reading the novels and not watching an animated series.

The show isn't terrible, but it's very bland this way because although the animation is nice they tend to just show the most basic things and just talk about the interesting stuff.

Sr to disappoint you, but the novel is quite the same. ( Oh well maybe a little longer ... )
Sep 16, 2012 8:51 AM
Aug 2011

What a wonderful couple. Jesus and Harem Girl#1 really do know eachother so well.

Ah! Married life. Can't even look at your wife unless you want a good slap in the face.

Yes, this young married couple only feels at home once they adopt a random 10 year old.
And Jesus, it was LESS than 24 fucking hours. The kid was also asleep 90% of that time.

Another spectacular 1/5
Sep 16, 2012 9:07 AM
Apr 2011
InfiniteDestiny said:
Tensho said:
I actually had a generally positive opinion of the Liberation Front. I'm not sure where it was explained that they were not so great people.

Well you saw how that one guy treated his men during that Boss battle right?

Wasn't ever really *explained* but if they adapt part 2 of this story correctly, it'll be covered at least partially.

Hikarusuke said:

I'm not sure about growing, but I believe there are barbers within the game that will allow you to tweak your hairstyle. Could be reasoned that she went to one of those and grew her hair longer.
VhaeraunSep 16, 2012 9:13 AM
Sep 16, 2012 9:23 AM

Apr 2010
Romance Art Online.

yea.

2/5
Sep 16, 2012 9:35 AM

Jul 2011
yui was cuute.
Sep 16, 2012 9:39 AM

Mar 2010
Yui so moe! Also really interesting ending, what's going on? o.o

Asuna is really cute in this ep too!
Sep 16, 2012 9:52 AM

Mar 2009
This isnt going to get better is it?
Pages (15) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 10 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Overall do you enjoy watching SAO? What do you like about it? :) ( 1 2 )

Rinrinka - Apr 15

72 by katnissmaezie »»
May 16, 1:05 AM

» What even is SAO anymore? ( 1 2 )

Jason-Skyrunner - Apr 27

53 by soli1239 »»
May 6, 8:27 PM

» We need a reboot

Superninjaboy2 - Mar 15

32 by Jason-Skyrunner »»
May 1, 5:20 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

bippo - Dec 8, 2012

480 by amf85 »»
Apr 27, 5:20 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 10, 2012

680 by amf85 »»
Apr 27, 2:32 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.