Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Sep 22, 2014 5:53 PM
Feb 2013
I don't understand why everyone just assumes that Dominura is Onashia because they both come fromt he special team Dextra? I mean, just cause it was a special team does not mean that they could stay in the team forever either, when they turned 17 (if that was the age they had to go?) then they went to the spring and New members would be appointed to the team, just like Morinas and Aeru joined the team. Onashia, Aeru's grandfather and Dominura can very well all Three have been on the team, but not at the same time. Dominura was said to be the only surviving member of team Dextra when they failed, which means that she cannot have been on the team at the same as time as Aeru's grandfather. Also, Onashia said she bacame an immortal Maiden becaus she refused to choose a gender, which again just supports my argument that even members of this special team indeed had to go to the spring when the time was ripe. Quite simple actually.

And Amuria was NOT aerus grandpa, she was never on team dextra, which areus granpa was.

Oh and, NOTHING points to that Anubituf and Guragief ended up together, they were friends, just cause they were Young Maidens ones who fooled around does not mean they are a couple now. There is nothing to support a basis that "they ended together" except for wishful thinking, which is self-satisfactory enough for some people I guess
DesirelessOct 26, 2014 6:11 PM
Sep 23, 2014 5:28 PM

Sep 2014
I wish they gave us a plot-twist at the end with the whole time-travel thing. Like revealing that Amuria is Aer's grandpa. That would have been pretty awesome, and Neviril would have been like "oh hells yeah"
Nov 22, 2014 7:28 PM
Nov 2014
I just watched this, stayed up until 4:30 in the morning yesterday watching it and completed it today at 5:40 in the afternoon, and I have my current theories and Wikipedia backup.

Neviril and Aaeru: I found this in Wikipedia: "Chor Tempest retreats to secure Simulacrum's holiest site, the Ruins. There, Aer and Neviril learn that Emerald Ri Mājon allows the Sibyllae piloting the Simoun to travel through time."
Wikipedia also states in the description of Aer ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Simoun_characters ): "In the end of the series, she and Neviril are in the new world, happily dancing."
I believe (and think this makes the most sense) that they were in the same timeline as their former Sibyllae, but in a different plane where the Arcus Prima never crashed. That's why it shows Neviril and Aaeru dancing in the same ballroom while their surroundings shifted between an old and new Arcus Prima. The fact that the airship is almost completely empty shows that they could be the only two on that plane, or two of the very few that live there. It also insinuates that the Simoun arrived safely, seeing no scars or injuries on the girls. This makes it possible for them to return.
This is what I think, and what I find most possible.

Dominura and Limone (Rimone): These two ended up in a very far past, when everyone had forgotten about the Simouns. Dominura later realised that she was the cause of the war that would happen in the future, because she would be the one to teach the past generation the Emerald Ri Maajon. She tells Limone about this, only to be responded that without the Simouns, Limone would have never met Dominura or her Sibyllae friends. Later in the last episode, Limone tells Dominura she wants to fly again, getting a somewhat negative response. Afterwards in the same episode, Dominura invites her to discover another sky with her, and goes into the forest with Limone, while leaving small flakes like Onashia (Onasia) did when she had contact with others.
I have a theory on this. I don't think Dominura is Onashia, but I suspect it has something to do with the fact that Dominura never went to the Spring. Onashia clearly said that those were the consequences of not choosing a sex for a long time, and Dominura was still a Sibylla, even though she looked much older than the other girls. Limone clearly matured, and looked around Aaeru's age. She didn't choose a sex, because if she had she wouldn't have been able to fly a Simoun.
There is something that confuses most people but I may have an answer to it. Some of you guys say "Oh but if they used the Emerald Ri Maajon they weren't supposed to age".
Actually they were. When Neviril and Aaeru travelled to the new world, they became Eternal Maidens like Floe (now Floef) said. Dominura and Limone simply travelled to the past, not affecting the way they age in any way.

I hope this cleared things for some people.
camilatamayo617Nov 22, 2014 7:38 PM
Dec 10, 2014 11:21 AM
Oct 2013
I saw the anime and I would like to share a few thoughts of my own...

I do feel that two things point to Dominura being Onashia. One is Yun speaking her name in the last episode - there were many names she could have taken, her affiliation with Dominura wasn't so special. Secondly the star dust that the girl sees when Limone and Dominura leave for the next sky hints to the similar dust that Onashia had but it could be something that eventually comes to all that don't choose their gender. And the appearance is a little similar. However there are a few inconsistencies in my mind...

First, assuming the above is correct, what happened to Limone - assuming she is dead or something happened to her is too big an assumption. secondly, Onashia was a member of Chor Dextra - not the last remnant - and she started that she was a member of Chor Dextra a "long time ago". Plus, she wasn't able to become an eternal maiden... and also she was unable to complete the Emerald Rimaajon... two things that again contradict her being Dominura (the eternal maiden part discussed later) assuming she lost part/all of her memories is... well again, a huge assumption.

Also If I trust the subs I watched with, then the emerald Rimaajon is enough to make one an eternal maiden and the person remains as they were (At least Parietta seems to mention this to the rest of the group) which also includes not choosing the sex - Onashia's not being able to choose sex theory is fishy since further, it isn't said whether Neviril or Aeru chose their gender or not when they went on wards. After all Neviril was above 17 at that time. However at the same time Dominura shows hints of the flaky skin which contradicts the above concept.

Also... just for the sake of discussion, I wonder whether the Simoun Limone saw in the last episode (when the girl is asking her to be her pair) was Aeru and Neveril... since she spoke the name - OR if it was someone else. If it was Aeru and Neviril, then we can assume that either successful Emerald Rimaajons or an ability gained due to performing one Emerald Rimaajon allows one to travel across time with more freedom - since Dominura mentions "Which sky should we fly next." and IF that was Neveril and Aeru in the Simoun - then they traveled both to the future and the past, showing that it is possible.

A small thing that bugs me is when Alti and her sis are sitting (in the future) it is shown that they hear laughter and Alti stands up saying "nee san was that...?" Here I am assuming it can either be the sound that they heard OR the Simoun that they saw although the first is actually hinted. IF it were the sound then what explanation is there to both oft them hearing it.

The main thing that I wanted to ask... What kind of freedom or happiness did Neviril and Aeru get. They don't seem to have come back to meet their comrades and at least Morinas saw their Simoun appear and disappear in the sky - which AGAIN could be just a reminder of the last time Neviril departed but I am not sure. They are alone across space and time, with each other... the people who were with them and supported them will probably die (with the exception of Yun probably) and they will live... forever? That is the part that made me sad. Everyone has started a separate life while meeting one or two of the old members however they haven't totally moved on from the past - recalling the last time they saw their comrades disappear in the emerald Rimaajon.

A last thought... what difference was there in Neviril/Aeru and Dominura/Limone's Emerald Rimaajon? If both were successful, they should have all been Eternal Maidens (again referring to Parietta saying "Soon we will all choose our sex. Our lives on the Arcus Prima will end. But those two... they won't choose a sex and they'll stay the way they are now." This again contradicts with Dominura=Onashia. Or am I missing something?

Over all my perspective is that Limone and Dominura will continue travelling across time, Dominura=Onashia doesn't matter to me... Neviril and Aeru... I cannot comment on them - a mystery unsolved... same as the mystery of what Dominura saw in the helical motors (it can be connected to Dominura=Onashia but for me it is more like an excess flow of knowledge that led her to a weakened state). And they did manage to 'end' the anime but while they DO try to explain why they were so insistent to send the girls off - it still is sort of... strange to comprehend for me. Travelling to 'another world' that one cannot imagine and might never return from. The last dance of course was metaphorical and showed that the eternal priestesses are happy with each other.

One more thing that felt awkward and like a forced plot line were the Highlanders getting old Simoun and knowing all about flying them. Since the start it is shown as if the highlanders are not knowledgeable much about Rimaajons and stuff but they suddenly have maidens that can easily fly Simouns - knowing exactly how to work it. Of course their making rimaajons is something they could observe.

Over all the ending was... quite sad and depressing... seeing Arcus Prima in that state, knowing that those people who were so close in such an adventure now end up moving on... maybe meeting each other or not...and wondering what the eternal Maidens are doing... probably dozing off. Plus - I really wanted Parietta with Neviril D: I disliked Aeru as a person.
NotenSMSKDec 10, 2014 11:33 AM
Jan 22, 2015 4:14 PM

Feb 2014
Man.... this ended (ended?) with so many questions....

My sensation was: "Is this? There will be another season, right? Because it definitely not ended..."

So many, many questions unanswered.
The only answear that I got (that I really understood) was: Simouns can be used to "control" time and space with the Emerald Rimaajon. The others answears are just suppositions.

-So, Amuria, like all the others that tried to do the Emerald Ri Maajon but failed are actually dead? Only those that successfully made the Emerald Rimaajon are the ones that do not died? like Aaeru, Dominura, Limone and Neviril.
-Mamiina is actually dead, too? And the enemy Simoun that down the 'scout' that was carrying the body of Mamiina, for what? They were not allies at that moment? Now Mamiina's body is there? Laid on the ground? Her friends did not see her funeral in the Arcus Prima, and to get worse she even did not have her funeral in her homeland? Instead, her body will be there... on that ground...? this is....
-What is supposed to be "ethernal maidens"? The one that do not have to choose a definitive sex? It's just that they won't have to choose their definitive sex by traveling to the SAME timeline (from what I saw, they travel only to the same timeline, and not to ANOTHER timelime - parallel timeline) -because doing this, they would be fleeing from this obligation of choosing a sex? But they get older like the others who chose a sex, right? From what I saw, Limone got older.
-Why the "nation" that Angulas makes part (Plumbum) allied with the Argentum? What was the real purpose? They allied with Argentum, but they sometimes help the Simulacran?
-Plumbum is a branch of the Simulacran? What is their relationship?
-When Angulas suicides, any signal of her body is in the local of the attack, but later her entire body is found in the purple Simoun inside the spring? What? O_o
-Why the Plumbum priestesses scream "AAERU" (same name of the character Aaeru) when they're close to death?
-What Dominura saw in the dismounted Simoun?
-What was the relation between Yun and Onashia?
-Now that Aaeru and Neviril succefuly made a Emerald Rimaajon and traveled in time, now what? They're "ethernal maidens"? What about their friends? They can make any time travel now? The simoun that Limone saw in the sky was Aaeru and Neviril? The simoum that Morinas saw in the sky, who was it? Was just her imagination? They can choose to which time of the timeline they want to travel? They can make time travel to save the others that died (like Amuria and Mamiina)?
-It seems another war is about to begin. Vyura and Floe were talking with each other about participating in the war or not. So, the alliance collapsed? "everything" was in vain?
-What was that dance between Aaeru and Neviril in the Arcus Prima in the end? Which time of the timeline was that? the past (before their first[?] timetravel) or in the present (the time that Morinas is pregnant, for example)? If is the present (the time that Morinas is pregnant, for example), why they did not get older? Limone got older.
-It seems that will be a loop? Timetravel -> teach how to use the Simouns and about the timetravel -> War (due to the Simoun's mysteries/secrets) and/or to the unknown -> restarts the cycle. What do you think? Two (2) girls (taught by Limone) of the village where Limone and Dominura are currently living will try the Emerald Riimaajon - is said that is to help the village... but I can't see how this will help the village... O_o
-Of course, that are still many other questions in my mind... many...

With all this, I will end with what I said in the beginning:

Man.... this ended (ended?) with so many questions....
My sensation was (and still is): "Is this? There will be another season, right? Because it definitely not ended..."

PS.: I guess this the kind of anime that I have to watch more than one time to understand..? Or, even watching it many times I will never understand and I will never obtain my answers..? Maybe I'll get not ALL my answers but some of them? Because, watch everything again, soon after finishing the whole anime, is not "easy".... I wonder when I'll watch again... perhaps never more? I wonder...
TechOtakuJan 22, 2015 6:20 PM
Jan 29, 2015 10:36 AM
Jan 2015
I really enjoyed this anime. My only real issue was with the number of loose ends they left, intentionally or unintentionally. A few loose ends or open endings, I can live with. But this...this just kills me. I wonder if the other media have more answers...

Anyway, my take on various mysteries, formed by hard evidence from the show, my own opinion, and theories I have read elsewhere. So some fact and some speculation! Also, Past=Limone+Dominura post-Emerald, Present=the events of the show except for the last bit, Epilogue=a few years after the end of the war, so the last scenes of the last episode, and Future=after the Epilogue.

Onashia: She's totally Dominura. A few things point to this.
1. The glitter. Dominura starts deteriorating in the Past with Limone. I believe this progresses until she reaches full glitter-form in the Present. Something happens to Limone in that timeframe, and Dominura becomes Onashia. Besides, she clearly didn't choose her gender in the Present because she looks 30.
2. Chor Dextra. Both Onashia and Dominura have ties to Chor Dextra, and everyone says that Dominura is the last remaining Dextra member (including herself). If Onashia were part of Dextra (and not Dominura), people would know (including Dominura), especially because Onashia had been Onashia for generations.
3. The incident with the dismantled Simoun. I think she sees Onashia's memories and realizes what she is to become. She knows that she has to travel through time to give the Emerald to the Past and then become Onashia to ensure events come to pass in the Present. But it seems to be very open as to what exactly she saw.
4. Yun saying Dominura's name in the spring after Onashia is gone. That's a giveaway.
5. Preference given to Chor Tempest. Onashia has a special interest in Tempest. She continually gives support, guidance, and preference to Chor Tempest, like when she lets Neviril speak at the hearing or when she explains the time travel to Neviril and Aaeru. I think she remembers the importance of Chor Tempest in the Present, and she makes sure that they are able to do what they want.

Aaeru+Neviril: If you remember, the Simoun work in accordance with the feelings of the pair. If they are strong, it will work better than if there is discord. This might explain why Dominura+Limone go to the past, but Aaeru+Neviril seem to appear and disappear through time. Perhaps they have freer reign over time, or they are actually transported to another world entirely. They love each other, wheras Dominura+Limone have less of a romantic love for each other. And I think the dancing scene in the Epilogue is a metaphor for their eternal youth.

Angulas: What the heck? I don't get it at all. I thought they might go with the twins route (Angulas has an identical twin who was in the Simoun), but there is no evidence of twins in their world and no one mentions it as a possibility. The only thing that might be is that when a Simoun explodes, there is a local disturbance of spacetime and Angulas is transported away before she dies (injured probably, but not entirely dead). They do say that they don't find any evidence of her after the explosion. It might be similar to what happened to Amuria, who also disappeared without a trace.

The "peace treaty": Not a peace treaty but an ultimatum. It looks more like an occupation than anything else.

The Ancient Simouns: Someone already mentioned this, but how the heck can the Highland priestesses fly the ancient Simoun so well when they just got there. Just kinda weird...

Timing of the Epilogue: I think it is like 5 years after everyone goes the Spring, especially because Wapourif still has huge breasts 2 years after he went to the Spring (in the Present) The 3 males you see from Chor Tempest (Erif, Floef, and Vyuraf) all pretty much look male proper. I'm just kinda surprised that there are no couples from Chor Tempest. I would have thought that someone would have fallen in love and married their pair.

Yun: She totally only became relevant in the series after Mamiina died.
Jul 19, 2015 5:32 AM

Feb 2010
xxHxx said:
I agree in these points with @Misuki. The relation between Wapourif and Morinas was developing since the first episodes.

I think it was the best explained relationships.
Most of the relationships were "meh" - not explained, just worked (episode 26).
What about Chloe & soldier boy?

Some may say that Limone chose to be a woman and that's why she ages and Dominura doesn't, but does a Spring even exist at that time?

I guess, in some form. I bet they can change gender without Spring. You know - prying or something.

The Ancient Simouns: Someone already mentioned this, but how the heck can the Highland priestesses fly the ancient Simoun so well when they just got there. Just kinda weird...

They are very skilled so they can adapt to a new ships (Simouns). What's wrong that they GET it for free... like would you give your enemy ancient Simouns?

I want to think that their god (Tempus Spatium) "cursed" Dominura that's why she cannot be touched (as Onashia).
Nevril & Aeru are not cursed - so they can live forever... maybe?

As for the series, there were some moments that weren't developed too much:
- another countries, how they change their gender (episode with Aeru & Limone), how they live etc
- Tempus Spatium/Animus(?)
- Sibilla's techniques were in status quo but their enemies developed (they were trying different fighting styles)

Well it was interesting show - 7/10

ps. Oh, I've just realized that they speak Japanese in a reverse order... interesting!
WannabitemeJul 19, 2015 5:37 AM
Oct 13, 2015 2:58 AM
Dec 2010
Just finished the anime and I have a lot of open questions too. But in general the anime was really good but was also quiet a challenge because it really catched me pretty late around the 15 episode, when the whole time travel aspect started.

Some questions and my thoughts:

I like closed satisfying endings so what happened to Aer and Neviril? It appears pretty clear, that they have successfully done the Emerald Ri Majon. It is stated that the God Tempus Spatium (which means Time and Space in latin) decides where the one who perform the Emerald Ri Majon correctly go...the past, the future...or and this part is crucial somewhere else. From what we know and saw they didnt go to the time where Limone and Dominura went and also they didnt changed the present time. For me it is most appealing that they went somewhere else which is just out of our knowledge and that they are happy. The appearence of the simoun both in the past when limon saw it and the present when Kaimu and Alti saw them where maybe just some kind of farewell too ensure them they are fine... I just dont know and cant say for sure...somehow unsatisfactory.

What is with Limone and Dominura? They performed the Emerald Ri Majon correctly and went to the past where they introduced the Simoun to a suffering society. So they were founding the Religion in full awareness that they are starting the war in the future. So much is clear. What happens then in the past? Limone is obviuosly growing but hasnt decided her sex. Dominura ist becoming weak and is starting to feel the effects for not choosing a sex. Is there even a chance to choose their sex in that time? I am not sure, but when we see Limone and Dominura for the first time, I think I saw boys among the children which were playing on the simoun and the rite of the spring is not shown or mentioned. Maybe this rite is not created at this time and will be introduced later through medical treatment to have more girls among the youth to fly the simoun. In the end it appears to me, that Dominura and Limone are going the same way as Aer and Neviril and do the Emerald Ri Majon again.

Is Dominur Onashia? I dont like this thoery but it is appealing. It would give some closed arc but would also create more questions...most of all what happened to limone? Yun is calling out Dominuras name when she is embracing Onashia and Dominura shows the same effects as Onashia for not choosing their sex. Maybe Dominura creates the Spring to give Limone a way to choose her sex and to avoid this fate. The wohle Dominura and Limone thing is the most irritationg part of the story because so much is unclear....

Overall an anime which is worth watching and as you see is wort discussing
Nov 30, 2015 3:16 PM
Nov 2015
Is no one gonna talk about how all those deaths were for nothinh cause in the end there will be another war. Also wasnt Aareu and Neviril going back in time to change the past so the war for The Simouns never happened. Sorry,I loved this series but im balling my eyes and I need some type of closure for this anime.
Dec 22, 2015 10:16 AM
Dec 2015
After all these years I myself finally watched this show that seems to have a hit or miss reaction with its viewers.

I didn't read through all the discussion but thought I'd share some food for thought.

The whole anime was based on the "coming of age" theme. For that reason alone speculation should be withheld as truths as the writers won't clear any of the questions. Heck, sometimes I feel that even they aren't sure of what they're writing about.

I'll tackle it from a different direction. First, the whole war is a metaphor to the passing of time. It shows that no matter how much we try and fight against time or in this case to deny the fact that we will one day become an adult and have to make life decisions, adulthood will eventually come and it's decisions. This makes sense because Aeru had mentioned she did not want to think about choosing a gender. Which in this case, making that adult decision. That is also why no matter who over powered the simouns were they still can't win the war and it slowly crept it's way right to their door step.

Aeru and Nevrill at the end represents the part within us that would remain a child eternally. Since within all adults there is a childish side within them.

Every other character that chose a sex had a concluding narrative. It shows the different possibilities of a way of life as an adult. They all made decisions that impacted their life and chose what career to pursue.

Mamiina represents the difference in social classes. It doesn't matter if you think you were born special or a rich kid. Everyone is the same which is why everyone enjoyed her mouse or was it a rat? dish. The difference is how much effort you put into improving yourself. Her character goes to show that in the real world hard work sometimes just isn't enough to move up and that maybe you just need to find those who respects the hard effort you put into your job, allies you can trust. Then there will come a day that you will reach your goal. Hence why those enemy priestesses revered Mamiina much as important as Nevrill.

As for Dominura and Rimone it is hard to try and figure these two out. I don't think that Dominura and Onashia is the same person at least. I also doubt the Japanese writer is even sure what they wanted to do with these two except for a jumble of questions at the end of the series. I find it funny that in one of the commentaries the character designer I believe mentioned that Dominura the most adult of the team took Rimone the youngest and eloped together. Outright criminal the character designer had mentioned. Lol

That's all I got. Might be missing something though. All in all everything else was just there to keep the viewers from boredom and I admit I was hooked and loved the show, hated the ending until I came to this conclusion instead of trying to think too hard about it when the writers don't even care to try and clear things up. I'm sure even the Japanese viewers didn't know what was going on at the end.
Feb 2, 2016 11:39 AM

Jul 2008
I had this in my backlog for about two years, glad I finally gave it a watch.

I liked a lot of the characters but some obviously got more attention than others. Poor Yun, the writers forgot about her untill the last few episodes and decided they should make her do something important.

Rodore got completely forgotten about once Mamiina was gone. The Rodore x Mamiina pairing was just the cutest.

Alti and Kaimu while at times interesting got shoved into the background most of the time.

I just didn't really feel Neviril either. She was supposed to be this person that everyone loved and respected, but I never really got that feeling from her. She was just kind of there. The romantic relationship between Aaeru and Neveril was kind of forced. I never truly felt any romance between them. It felt more like mutual respect, and a good friendship untill Neveril suddenly throws out a confession and we're just supposed to believe that they're in love.

My favorites were Paraiette and Mamiina. Mamiina was showing great character growth, until ofcourse she got cut out early. (Also she's the cutest sybilla.)

Paraiette had a really interesting character arc too, finding out who she really is and what she wants.

The thing I heard people talking about the most when talking about Simoun was the soundtrack. It definitely didn't dissapoint, but as some mentioned here before sometimes some of the songs felt out of place. Not sure if that was on purpose or not.

This post might seem negative to some, but I really did enjoy it. Some great character moments and character developement. Great character designs, awesome soundtrack.

7/10
2-DFeb 2, 2016 11:43 AM
Feb 14, 2016 11:19 AM
Sep 2010
The ending of this show was just too depressing for me.

So much of the show seems to be about the futility of war. Priestesses forced to fight the other priestesses - neither side wants to fight. The guy who fights to reclaim his hometown and sees it destroyed. I was really hoping that they would find peace in the end, but they don't. War doesn't end.

The only characters who found peace were Aaeru+Neveril. They get to duck out of having to become adults, but we see the other characters seem to be happy just to see that be attained (the bad guy military commander's "we were all maidens once" comment). The reason the priestesses were holy was because of their status as pure untainted children, which Aeru/Neveril get to keep forever. Yay for them, I guess.

I find it really unfulfilling though because Aeru/Nevs transcendent forever innocent maiden happiness doesn't exist in the real world (the one that all the other characters are left in). You could say the implication is that it cant exist in the real world, so tempus spatium created a time and a place for it to exist.

We're left without even much of a feeling of optimism that things will change. The only consolation we get is that life goes on (such as when we see pregnant lady).
kinuyasha2Feb 14, 2016 11:26 AM
May 28, 2016 8:55 PM

Feb 2014
OMG lol Floe as a guy when he still has that super high-pitched voice xD

Naww Morinas and Wapourif already had a child and are expecting another :)

So, my thoughts on the characters with ambiguous endings:

Neviril and Aaeru:So in the very end, we see Neviril and Aaeru dancing together, in the sunken ship, all alone. They don't look like they've aged, so I guess this shows that, for them, it doesn't matter where in time the emerald ri maajon brought them, all that matters is that they're with each other. That's so cute <3

Amuria:Most ambiguous for me. Yeah, the emerald ri maajon failed as a whole, so she could have simply evaporated from the energy or something like that. But I believe that she's still alive and time traveled. We saw the same flash of light that brought Limone and Dominura to the past when Neviril and Amuria tried it, so hey, I think it could happen! And as we saw, Limone and Dominura were taken to the past, but Aaeru and Neviril were taken to the future. So I believe that Amuria is out there, somewhere...

Onashia/Dominura: Yeah, I believe they're the same person. For starters, they both said they were from Chor Dextra, while at the same time, it was said that Dominura was that choir's only survivor. In the last episode, Dominura is sick, and when she walks away from black-hair girl with Limone, we can see some of that stardust left on the grass. Makes sense that the consequences for not choosing sex would happen earlier for Dominura than Limone because Limone is so much younger. There's more evidence to support this theory but these two pieces of evidence pretty much have me fully convinced. As for what Dominura saw in the helix, I think she saw herself as Onashia, having to live with that eternal punishment of not choosing her sex. This could have made her too afraid to both become and adult and stay a child, as both options seem frightening.

Yun: So there was that whole thing where Onashia was saying that she and Yun were both trying to run away from reality or something. This made me think about why a spring keeper needs to exist. Maybe Onashia is there to help girls not run away from reality, and to encourage them to not hide from their troubles. In the second episode Eri was unsure of what sex she wanted even when she was in the spring, but Onashia told her that a decision was already made for her, essentially helping her become an adult. So overall, I think Yun took Onashia's place because she realized that the two had both dealt with similar struggles, and Yun wanted to free Onashia from her pain while continuing to encourage people not to run away from reality.

(now for my impression on the series)

I wish that Dominura and Limone could have been reunited with the others. I wished that the Simulacrum Theocray could have kicked the Plumblum and Argentum's butts. I wish that Paraietta could have ended up with Neviril. There are so many things I wish were different about this ending. But in all honesty, I don't care that things didn't end up exactly the way I wanted them to. I'm happy for all of the characters. After getting to know them for so long, feeling the same happiness and pain that they have all felt, knowing that they are happy is enough to make me happy.

I'm really glad I watched this anime. It'd been on my plan to watch list for so long, and it was well worth the pickup. It had drama, it had flying ships that created cool lights in the sky, it had an awesome soundtrack, it had a huge war with selfish rulers, and it even had space/time travel. But above all, Simoun really made me think. It made me think about what kind of effects war can have on people, it made me think about how frightful growing up can be, it made me think about the ways we deal with personal and interpersonal conflicts. At the end, I feel kind of funny. Not funny in the sense that it was a comedy, or funny in the sense that I had wasted my time watching this, but moreso funny in the sense that, unlike most anime I've watched, I feel a lot more than a simple: "I liked/disliked that anime!" I feel like Simoun has really impacted me, with it's wonderful characters, storytelling, and music. While I wouldn't call it the best series I've ever seen, I wouldn't call it anything less than great. 9-10/10
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 16, 2016 9:24 PM

Oct 2014
Overall it was good anime for the variety of characters, the world-building and the OST fit most scenes.

However the conclusion with Argentum more-or-less dictating things, their haughty officials and brutish soldiers running rough-shod over the girls and crew left a sour taste in my mouth. I was hoping for some turn-around in fortunes in the last couple of episodes but didn't get it. If the Emerald Ri Mājon had no real military use then for all intents and purposes it was useless except as a weird plot device for allowing a few characters to escape death or capture. Whoopee.

The other bad thing was Mamiina's death and worse her coffin getting dumped on the ground. I can only assume her body was eaten by scavengers, pecked at by crows etc. Don't see the point of that incident other than to piss off viewers, frankly.

As I write this I'm mulling over the final score to assign which was an 8 for most of the way but the more I think about the ending, Mamiina, etc. the only way to assuage my fury is to deduct a point and move on to the next anime. Also, as others have mentioned, there were a lot of unanswered questions, too. Basically this whole anime ended messily and unsatisfactorily. What a waste. End rant. Final score 7.
Avatar: Anzu Kadotani from Girls und Panzer.

Oct 7, 2016 11:25 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
This will be big, better divide by multiple posts.

First, Simoun has alot of "clickbait" material, to try to get people into the show, like they tease people with these beautifull covers:

...nothing more than art, still... some of the finest yuri art!
Kotori said:

Awesome anime overall.. but..
- many flaws in the story
- many things left to explain
- mamiina's death was way too sad and retarded
- the development in the last few eps sucked, they should have wiped the other 2 races out

Finally someone that expressing the same concerns/opinions I had for these last 6-7 episodes!
With Emerald Ri Majon explanation's later on, the ritual no longer seems that dangerous, and we are led to believe Amuria was safe and in another world or timeline, it leaves us waiting for it, to completely drop on the subject!
What about Mamiina's body?! Such a dramatic scene, that was a tease for me, as I hoped it would have further consequences.
Look to Anglas dead body, how it came to be inside the ancient Simoun on The Ruins (episode 17), she died from the suicide explosion while professing "Aaeru", the ultimate form of love.
I was assuming that there would be some sort of explanation that made sense, that could tie the plotholes, and these less savory outcomes, maybe (a bit silly) we would see Amuria back, hell, even Mamiina!
Some kind of twist to wrap it up to a more gratifying conclusion, with more substance, I would have jumped of joy.
I have been bitching about this one ever since that episode 19 thread discussion, because I cherished her soo much.
Mamiina IS one of my favorite girls on the show, all the development she got overtime, "Mina" become one of the better characters on Simoun!
Wasted on a scene like the that:

The peace alliance was a bad call.
The other 2 races are lost causes IMO, they proved it many times, and on episode 26 they prove it again, when we see the cast saying they are going to war again!
But what other choice they had, getting cornered like that?!

We did got some nice scenes from the girls, with the time-skip, the sisters made peace with themselves, returned to their parents houses to work, Paraietta became a teacher at an orphanage Rodoreamon backing her up with her family power.

The final nail in the coffin my friends, the world denies it till the end, our wishes to see a brigther future for all these girls that worked so hard, scorched to cinders, heartbreaking!
PlaycoolNov 8, 2016 8:38 AM
Oct 10, 2016 5:02 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
The more I think about the final episodes, the more devastating it sounds.
A cry out to what we all face sooner our later, that glacial reality, so let it frezee you over, and do your best to defrost from it.
Being dramatic here, but in essence, that is the message Simoun gives us.
YET, still there is more, reality can be really harsh but also, very fascinating!! There is still some good in living.
Which leads me to my next point (in this reflection of Simoun). Dominura and Limune!

That apprentice girl surely got owned after Aaeru and Neviril's Simoun appearence (vanishing just as quickly, like a fleeting dream). This girl asks what is Aaeru, the "Ultimate form of Love" Limone and Dominura explain, and the whole thing is set up very well, because I believe these two also represent the ultimate form of love, there is so much harmony here. I really felt it, they are both departing for a new adventure, we dont know what will happen next (hated it at first, but got over it), we only know Dominura was leaving those "gold flakes" behind, one of the main reasons I believe she is Onashia (also Yun calling Dominura's name when looking to the lake eons later in the "present-future"), that only raises more questions about what happened to Limone in the timeline we spent most of the time, it sure seems something bad happened to Limone, Dominura doesnt seem to grow older, but Limone does, one can only speculate, and the conclusions are not cheerful to look at.
But overall, after reflecting while writting this, I was happy, and can only wish them many great memories together, seems like their relationship became romantic after Limone grown "some assets", nice!
That the skies you fly to next, different time lines, or entirely different planets, give you many lovely yurish moments together!

Using Emerald's, the Simouns cant only travel to the past & future, but also worlds other than the Planet we see the whole time, but this never happened, IMO all the traveling that occured was done between the past & future, they never traveled to another world, that I m aware of.
Not much about that, neither of the following doubts I have.
Like can Neviril and Aaeru choose where to time travel to? What about Eternal Maidens, Onashia revealed bits about it... to those Syllabae that will never choose their genders, they are cursed with "eternal loneliness", to never touch or feel someone again.
If Dominura is Onashia, she was a Eternal Maiden as well, but what about Limone?!
We can only guess...

Eternal Maidens, cursed forever, forever alive! Neviril and Aaeru, "the ultimate form of love", a curse is nothing against "Aaeru".
Both shared a great deal of painfull memories.

Even the tragic fate of the "present-future" timeline wasnt enough to break them appart.
Aaeru felt for Neviril early on, she just didnt knew at the time what Love meant to be.
Neviril grown closer to Aaeru, she felt that Aaeru would help her face her traumas with Amuria! She did picture Aaeru as a very strong girl, that would never waver, but it is when she starts to see Aaeru falling to depression, but still trying to rise and face the problem... Neviril could fell how human, fragile and girlish Aaeru truly was, not a perfect machine, a girl that despite being strong also had many weakness inside her, but never let those set her own limitations.
She was beautifull, delicate, sparkling with energy and earger to live, that elegance of Aaeru took over Neviril, too captivating, alluring to resist.
And Neviril slowly, let herself fall in love for the charming Aaeru~~

But like it is for Dominura and Limone, there is so much beauty in Neviril and Aaeru actions.
For Chor Tempest, helping Neviril and Aeeru to escape is a gesture of rebellion against the movement of time, they're just afraid of adulthood, of changing. "Their hopes are pinned on Neviril and Aeru. As proof that they have existed and are still here. That is... they are their forever maidens."

Utterly ethereal, that is the feel I have in the end, lackluster at parts, there are flaws, plotholes, frustating "closures", things left to explain, but some of these flaws tend to be born from my personal desires (like Mamiina's death, that clearly was poorly writting but despite that, had tremendous impact), it is not easy to stay objective, not about Simoun.
I did feel that there was a lack of a good climax to Aaeru and Neviril story, I was imagining we would have a purely passionate kiss to convey the fullness of the feeling both felt, and there are pros and cons in this kind of open ending.
Overall I wanted a bit more of an conclusion to our main couple, and also Limone and Dominura, like what comes next.

But I wont let those undermine my attachment to the overall package the anime was.
Simoun was a surprising experience, I came for the yuri, but it was much more than that, Neviril and Aaeru were not the only stars, and that is why I enjoyed the anime this much, there was a huge well developed cast (like Mamiina, Dominura, etc...), story had lots of potential, and felt fresh, there were was a bunch of moments that really caught me off guard (Para's forced attemp to mate Neviril, Mamiina's death, the outcome of war and the truth beyond Onashia and Simouns, etc etc).

Recognizing you cant escape from loss, from facing reality and moving on, but you still can dream, momentary, yes but while at it, you will have aspirations and hopes, something to live for, maybe one day, the impossible will be possible... so preserve that eternal beauty, and try your best to live immeasurably.
That is what Neviril, Aaeru, Dominura and Limone represent, a sky full of possibilities!

The last scene after that devout dance both our loved pair shared, with the music playing, and slowly fading, seeing Chor Tempest and the gang sculptured on the wall, was an interest way to end, to remenber that despite everything, all of them will never forget these memories they all lived.
What a nice photo:

Sadly I cant recognize all the faces, dunno if anyone can do it for all of them.

Bittersweet and inspiring, really enjoyed my time with the series.
Some more pics, to share the luv, enjoy:

My final rating is 8.5 = 9.
Very memorable, had potential to be even better (mentionated those flaws enough already), the animation is not the biggest thing (combat outfits are very cool and good looking!), but was easy to see, with a great score mostly, it lived up to be a very rewarding experience, with lot of context, we can all relate to. Otherwise I would have never took such lengths over Simoun.
Hope you enjoyed my lengtly reflection, I was kinda dramatic at some parts, since I wanted to capture what I felt, so sorry if you dont enjoy those stuff, but I think I made my message clear enough.
Feel free to comment and discuss with me about Simoun, I would be glad to.
xD

Simoun ni aaeru!
PlaycoolNov 8, 2016 12:47 PM
Sep 25, 2017 2:28 PM

Jul 2017
I have an out there theory based off the Dominura is Onashia theory.

I think we can all agree that Dominura is Onashia. There are some pretty clear hints, between the gold dust, both being members of choir Dextra and even the fact they do look quite alike. I think it was heavily implied.

A hole or issue in this theory is what happened to Limone? The last we see of Limone and Onashia in the past is them walking off to fly again. Dominura says "Which sky shall we travel to next?". This indicates to me that they did the Emerald Ri Majon again.

Most theories regarding Limone suggest she simply died in an accident or with old age. I think one of these may be true but with a twist!

I'd say they ended up doing the Emerald Ri Majon and traveled in time to the period just before Choir Dextra was being formed. Events unfold and Dominura becomes Onashia and Limone becomes... head of Choir Dextra... Aeru's grandfather!!!

This makes sense for quite a few reasons

1) Everyone agrees that Dominura is Onashia yet it becomes tricky to explain how Dominuria lives all those hundreds (thousands?) of years, especially considering the leading theory is that Limone dies of old age! Why would Dominura have pseudo immortality but not Limone? It's never implied Onashia is immortal just that she exists throughout time. Indeed we see her passing when Yun hugs her. What would make sense is that the Dominura we see in the past travels to Choir Dextra formation time and continues to age normally in that time period. It reveals why Onashia does indeed seem a bit older than Dominura.

2) Why was Choir Dextra formed? What event spurred on such interest in the Emerald Ri Majon? Perhaps the arrival of Dominura and Limone! Dominura becomes their most revered holy figure.. and Limone who still wishes to fly heads up the Choir Dextra team to teach the Emerald Ri Majon.

3) This theory also goes a way to explain Aeru's grandfathers constant tales to Aeru and even Aeru's name! It's said that Aeru has a very odd name but we're never given a reason as to why she has it. The reason she has it of course is Limone's (Aeru's grandfathers) influence in the naming of Aeru.

I'd have to watch the show again to see if there is any additional evidence or hints which might collaborate the theory. I'll look forward to that as I heavily enjoyed the show.

So what do you guys think? Crazy theory or perhaps not?
Sep 1, 2018 1:05 AM

Dec 2015
I was really intrigued by this series, and was looking forward to each episode. But starting with Mamina's death somehow my enjoyment went down too.

The last episode made up for this to a certain degree. Again, I was interested in the characters, and the world that surrounds them...

Limone teaches girls the Emerald Ri Majon. Were they becoming Highland Priestesses? Limone mentions she taught them the Emerald Ri Majon, and they lift of in ancient Simoun.
That would explain why Simulacrum never unearthed the ancient Simoun at the ruins before. Maybe the ancient Shimoun showed up at the ruins coming from the past? Anglas (and maybe some other Highland priestesses) travelled to the past after she gathered information during that failed ceasefire negotiations, recruited disciples, let them be trained by Dominura and Limone, and came back. Anglas herself got killed at return.

The common origin of Highlands and Simulacrum religion: Are maybe Aer and Neviril the source of it? That could explain the adoration of the Highland Priestesses to Neviril (that is not really explained, and from where do they know her anyway), and the special meaning of Aeru's name. Might the „Land of Hope“ where Aeru and Neviril traveled be common to both the Highlands and Simulacrum past?

By the way, about Limone: I don't think she did already choose a gender when she is shown in the last episode. She has breasts, but this is valid for other undecided people too. The girls asks her to fly a Simoun, which is a hint that she didn't choose a gender. (So she could be Aeru's Grandfather)
But, this is only valid if the assumption is true that only those that have not chosen a gender yet can fly a Simoun...

Further expanding on Aer and Neviril:
I agree to the above poster who wrote they can travel to the future and the past. In this last episodes, scenes from various periods are mixed, and they show up clearly in one future point, in the scene where Morinas is working at the docks. They could have shown up in the past where Dominura and Limone landed or further in the past. Maybe they were also really seen dancing on the deck of the sunken Arcus Prima.

However, I also think they are symbols, in which the members of Chor Tempest (and maybe more people) projected their hopes and wishes. Practically everything that Chor Tempest fought for has vanished: They were on the loosing side of a war. Their chor was dispanded. They had to choose a gender, lost their youth, and live their ordinary lives separately. Their home country was subdued, and apparently divided (it is mentioned in the episode that the Chor Tempest members are now on different sides of a border, and may have to fight each other in a possible war). Their mothership Arcus Prima is now a wreck in the water. All their efforts as Chor Tempest seem vain.

But, there are Aer and Neviril. Forever young, forever flying from place to place and time to time, beyond the reaches of the circumstances that draw the ordinary humans down. Every of the 12 members (counting Dominura/Onasia as 1 person) of Chor Tempest took part in shaping the fate of Aer and Neviril, and this way, not only those two became eternal, but also Chor Tempest as a whole set itself a monument, more lasting than scribbles on a wall of a sunken ship.
Somehow, I find this deeply moving (and somehow the song "Forever Young" from Alphaville keeps sounding in my head while thinking at Aer, Neviril and Chor Tempest).
Did Aer and Neviril even become goddesses?

I think I'll definitely rewatch this series eventually.
EstefanSep 2, 2018 11:30 AM
Mar 9, 2019 11:09 AM
Aug 2018
I struggled with the graphics of the anime. But I guess it's just old. And I am not satisfied with Neviril's look. Also I wanted more romance between Neviril and Aaeru. Then ending is so vague. The episodes are slow-paced too. I wanted to have clarity on what happened to Aaeru and Neviril.
Apr 23, 2020 5:56 PM

Nov 2008
I loved reading all your thoughts and theories. That proves that this was a good show.
May 5, 2020 4:29 PM
Jul 2018
Daijoubu_desu said:
I have an out there theory based off the Dominura is Onashia theory.

I think we can all agree that Dominura is Onashia. There are some pretty clear hints, between the gold dust, both being members of choir Dextra and even the fact they do look quite alike. I think it was heavily implied.

A hole or issue in this theory is what happened to Limone? The last we see of Limone and Onashia in the past is them walking off to fly again. Dominura says "Which sky shall we travel to next?". This indicates to me that they did the Emerald Ri Majon again.

Most theories regarding Limone suggest she simply died in an accident or with old age. I think one of these may be true but with a twist!

I'd say they ended up doing the Emerald Ri Majon and traveled in time to the period just before Choir Dextra was being formed. Events unfold and Dominura becomes Onashia and Limone becomes... head of Choir Dextra... Aeru's grandfather!!!

This makes sense for quite a few reasons

1) Everyone agrees that Dominura is Onashia yet it becomes tricky to explain how Dominuria lives all those hundreds (thousands?) of years, especially considering the leading theory is that Limone dies of old age! Why would Dominura have pseudo immortality but not Limone? It's never implied Onashia is immortal just that she exists throughout time. Indeed we see her passing when Yun hugs her. What would make sense is that the Dominura we see in the past travels to Choir Dextra formation time and continues to age normally in that time period. It reveals why Onashia does indeed seem a bit older than Dominura.

2) Why was Choir Dextra formed? What event spurred on such interest in the Emerald Ri Majon? Perhaps the arrival of Dominura and Limone! Dominura becomes their most revered holy figure.. and Limone who still wishes to fly heads up the Choir Dextra team to teach the Emerald Ri Majon.

3) This theory also goes a way to explain Aeru's grandfathers constant tales to Aeru and even Aeru's name! It's said that Aeru has a very odd name but we're never given a reason as to why she has it. The reason she has it of course is Limone's (Aeru's grandfathers) influence in the naming of Aeru.

I'd have to watch the show again to see if there is any additional evidence or hints which might collaborate the theory. I'll look forward to that as I heavily enjoyed the show.

So what do you guys think? Crazy theory or perhaps not?

holy s*** this is genius im reading all the thousands of comments in here and this was definitely a key proint s***!!!! limonere is aaeru's grandfather there is no doubt!
Jan 18, 2021 12:01 AM

Aug 2018
A magnificent end to a magnificent series. So many ideas explored in depth. I can't say enough good about Simoun. 10/10 and one of the very best.
Jul 30, 2021 5:48 AM
Jul 2021
This anime is amazing for me the biggest plot twist was that floe became a man, and paraietta a woman hahahhahahhah
Dec 12, 2023 1:35 PM

Jul 2017
Reply to SuiNoByakko
I loved this anime and the ending. People claim it was confusing but I don't see how. Whatever, it could be because I've seen way too many anime with supposedly confusing ending. XD

To my explanaton of stuff that happened:

About Onashia: She is clearly Dominura. HOWEVER, I'm pretty certain that she didn't have her memories from being Dominura. Something must have happened before Limone and Dominura went for the last flight and as a result, Limone died. Dominura couldn't bear her sadness and she somehow managed to seal some of her memories inside the helical motor(s) (she knew which one she would look into). That's why when she looked into it she later said she saw someone's memories and what was behind Emerald Ri-Maajon. This happened only to Dominura, so it could be they were her memories and reacted to her. It makes sense since Onashia doesn't speak much of her past. Possibly because she simply doesn't have many memories. The fact that they both belonged to Chor Dextra and Onashia is said to have lived for decades so unless she belonged there as speaker of the god/head of the government (what would be very weird), she must have been someone else.

About Dominura: I think they actually managed to pull off Emerald Ri-Maajon but misunderstood it as something that went wrong, tried to run away from it but a few of them got caught in it, including her. Maybe something went wrong with her partner adn she died. Why do I think this? Not only she is MUCH younger than someone who was her (technically) boss, but when she has her flashback time, she is flying down from sky in Simoun. ALONE. There are no other Simoun in the scene. Considering that they were using all 6 Simoun, it is highly unlikely that no one would be there. IMO she got transported to future. That would also explain why she got affected by it faster than Limone. Limone traveled only once, while Dominura twice. I think Onashia did something to cover it up (since they are the same person it just makes sense). Also it might have affected her aging, that's why she was younger while she traveled only a few minutes in time. But I'm pretty sure she DID travel in time.

About Aeru and Neviril: The last scene with them was just a metaphor. I think that was because in their case Emerald Ri-Majon worked completely (they were the only ones using it that wished to go the other world, all other either didn't care-Limone, Dominura or used it for some other purpose-everyone else) and they exist beyond time and space (they and their Simoun appears randomly). The other world could pretty much be a higher plane of existence or something like paradise (since they talked about Land of Hope). The last scene basically says that they are happy and together forever, "eternal maidens". As everything around them decays, they stay the same (that implies that time doesn't flow for them), dacing in embrace (implies happines and different form of existence since they ignore the world around as if it wasn't there to them).

About Yun: Notice that she was the one who stayed behind with Aeru after Limone's and Dominura's disappearance. She said she probably knew what was the reason. Aeru's reason was most likely her grandfather. But I don't remember Yun's ever being clearly said. She also lost her sagitta. The only one aside form her who lost her partner on screen was Neviril. Afterwards, Onashia went herself after her directly, while it was implied that calling Onashia for something stupid was improper. IMO that was the first time Onashia indirectly asked for her help by revealing her weakness to her (she was told she couldn't touch her). She approached close enough for physcial contact and didn't look upset when Yun tried to make it. It was her assitants that stopped her not Onashia. She clearly wanted to get closer to Yun. If she is Dominura, and Dominura did lose her partner while doing Emerald Ri-Maajon, then it's clear that she wanted to contact someone she felt close to (same loss) but Neviril already moved on at that point and possibly it was too long ago for her so the only option was Yun. Afterall why else would Onashia bother with bringing her a cut ponytail? Why would she say she secretly hoped she would save her? It makes sense when you think about it.

Ok, that's it. I'm done. No one will probably read this. XD
@SuiNoByakko I read this, thanks for the valuable insight.
Feb 8, 7:01 PM

Sep 2020
Beautiful ending, no complaints from me. Everyone grew up and got what they wanted, and the futility of war continues on despite their efforts. Some people might not like that, but I thought it was a nice, grim touch.

Anyway, awesome show! I loved the world-building, the drama, and especially the music. I only wish they had shown more of the actual country and society. The idea that you had to choose a gender was very novel, as well as the implications of regretting your choice, so I wished there was some exploration of that. Like when one character had trouble choosing since they liked being a woman but there were more jobs for men. Like what exactly? And do homosexual couples exist? Barring the sisters, it seemed like everyone was focused on man/woman pairings (like when the captains kiss, and one says it's too bad the other didn't become a woman).

9 kisses of death /10

The only question I have is the whole Priestess Anglas twist. WTF happened exactly. She blew herself up but was somehow flung to the past and died in an ancient Simoun. Did I miss the explanation?

For the big debate: Dominura IS NOT Onasia. I was willing to believe the theory at first but after rewatching key scenes, it just doesn't fit.

- Yes, they were both in Chor Dextra, but so were a lot of people at different time periods from at least Aer's gramps era (Dom obviously wasn't a part of his group). She was merely the last one around after they were disbanded, wiped from the record books, and died off (either while in service trying to do the Emerald Majon or later in life like Gramps).

- Yes, they have similar features like height and green hair (well, Onasia's looks like a very pale green to me), but that's superficial. The eyes certainly don't match.

- When Dominura peers into the dismantled Simoun, she gets her own memories of her in the past, not Onasia's. She sees that she was the one that started the wars again by teaching people how to use the machines, which is why she has some reservations about doing it until Limone tells her that they wouldn't have met otherwise.

- Onasia clearly tells Yun that she failed to "make it to the other world and remained there" and "never got to feel another's embrace." Dom was clearly loved by Limone and traveled to the past, aka "the other world." Onasia would not have said such a thing since she surely would've remembered and cherished those events.

- They both are suffering from the same sickness because they never entered the Spring for gender assignment. This will naturally also happen to Limone, and Aer and Nevi if they still physically exist, since they are all in the same situation. It just happens to Dom now because she is the oldest (the wiki lists her as 19 years old, that's already 2 years past the 17 y/o requirement, and after more have passed in the finale she is well past the limit). The only reason Onasia was still around is because she was locked in as the Guardian of the Spring until Yun releases her, so Dom and everyone else would die from the glittering. Yun, of course, would end up as Onasia did and continue suffering.

- I watched the scenes with Yun and Onasia several times and never heard Yun cry out for Dominura at all, especially when she touched her exposed arm like many people have said when it happens, unless the Media Blasters dvds are somehow edited. Yun only says Dom's name in the final episode and does so because I believe she can knows what is happening to Dom. As Guardian, Yun now has been granted some supernatural powers. Remember that Onasia claimed she could hear the voices of the dead and tells Yun that Mamina is at peace. If that was true and not simply religious comfort talk, then presumably Yun can do something similar, whether she can sense Dom alive in the past or talk to her long dead soul is unclear but doesn't matter much. Note that after Yun says her name, the scene immediately cuts to Dom lying in bed, checking her hand/arm. That more than likely signifies that Yun was seeing/sensing that moment of time. Or maybe D&L performed another Emerald Majon and Dom's now weakened body simply evaporated, and Yun had felt that disturbance in the Force. Either way, Dom would not have been on Yun's mind after all these years for no reason after everybody has come and gone, so if there was some connection with Onasia, then it would've happened when Onasia herself had vanished.

As for Aer & Nevi, I don't think they went to either the past or future. Instead, they became ephemeral or some ethereal energy that exists throughout and beyond time. Their dance on the ship was merely symbolic of them being together forever while never growing old or decaying like the ship.

edit: added/clarified more thoughts
SlammyHammyFeb 9, 7:42 PM
"You can't decide the future, but I'm going to re-educate you in the past!" - Erna Kurtz
Mar 1, 11:52 AM

Oct 2009
My theory:
I think Limone is both Dominura and Onashia, and comes from the distant pre wars times, that is from the past civilisation that created the simouns.
She arrives a few years before the series start. She becomes a sybilla and the war starts.
She travels to the past with
herself as 12 y old "Limone" and the 18teen looking but in fact beeing over 60 y.old
"Dominura".
They teach the ppl of the past about the simouns and do the emerald ri majon again. They arrive around 60 years before the start of the series.They propably try to do the emerald ri majon again but fail, as Dominura doesnt really want too, even if its for Limone. The very old Dominura is forced to
become Onashia and is beeing contained in the spring, and Limone is forced to train with Chor Dextra to share the secret of the emerald ri majon.Limone propably refuses to do the emerald ri majon without Dominura, gets amnesia during the training and forgets her past. She becomes "Dominura".Looking into the simoun makes her regain her lost memories. She travels to the past with her younger self, Limone.
Limone, as a person from the distant past is very longlived.As Onashia shes propably borderline insane- beeing the cause of everything and in love with her past self who doesnt remember her.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Simoun Episode 10 Discussion

gohdan - Sep 22, 2011

10 by SlammyHammy »»
Feb 4, 7:20 PM

Poll: » Simoun Episode 8 Discussion

gohdan - Sep 8, 2011

13 by SlammyHammy »»
Feb 4, 7:16 PM

Poll: » Simoun Episode 4 Discussion

MagEarwhig - Aug 7, 2012

8 by SlammyHammy »»
Feb 4, 6:31 PM

Poll: » Simoun Episode 2 Discussion

Ksanclaire122 - Aug 8, 2013

5 by SlammyHammy »»
Feb 4, 6:24 PM

Poll: » Simoun Episode 1 Discussion

Kira01 - Dec 11, 2009

14 by SlammyHammy »»
Feb 4, 6:17 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.