Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Sep 9, 2012 9:16 AM

Jul 2012
hatahari said:
BloodRequiem said:

hatahari said:
Well I think it's popular because it's by far one of the best new animes for this year. :)

What kind of shit did you watch for you to say something that absurd?

I believe I've never watched an anime that is a shit. I said it because I like SAO. I don't think any opinion is absurd.

No anime is Shit, People put time and lots of effort to draw each frame and edit it. If you guys have seen how many steps it take to complete 1 episode, you better appreciate the work they have put in.

It's cool to not like it, but saying an anime is shit is unacceptable.
Sep 9, 2012 9:19 AM
Aug 2012
Wow this is one the rare moments when i heard someone berating Code Geass and Lelouch. Some people just can't understand masterpieces too bad for them.

Back on the topic...........SAO is a good anime in my opinion and its large fanbase is because of the LN but the anime is good too. Don't compare this to shit like Justin or Twilight (sorry fan girls but its the truth) its way better. Also calling COD shit is insulting to us gamers if you don't like games fine don't berate them for stupid reasons. As usual haters gonna hate cuz they have nothing better to do. But that won't make SAO any less awesome.

Sep 9, 2012 9:33 AM

Jul 2010
DivisionG said:
hatahari said:
BloodRequiem said:

hatahari said:
Well I think it's popular because it's by far one of the best new animes for this year. :)

I believe I've never watched an anime that is a shit. I said it because I like SAO. I don't think any opinion is absurd.

No anime is Shit, People put time and lots of effort to draw each frame and edit it. If you guys have seen how many steps it take to complete 1 episode, you better appreciate the work they have put in.

I couldn't agree more. :)
Senjougahara: Don't call me "this chick"
Araragi: Then what should I call you?
Senjougahara: Senjougahara-sama.
Araragi: SEN - JOU - GA - HAA - RAA - SAA - MAA
Senjougahara: I don't like the way you say it. Say it properly.
Araragi: Senjougahara-chan~
Sep 9, 2012 9:36 AM

Mar 2012
Guys, stop arguing. All opinions are made equal. Except those of anyone who likes SAO.
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
Sep 9, 2012 9:36 AM

Mar 2012
Gais, gais...lsn...pls.

SAO is bad, Geass is bad, HOTD is bad, MJ is bad.
CoD is bad, WoW is bad, Bieber is bad

That's it. Life goes on. Nothing to do here.
End Zionazism
Sep 9, 2012 9:37 AM

Mar 2012
Mikasa pls.
LoneWolf said:
Sep 9, 2012 9:39 AM

Jul 2012
NNick said:
Average Fanboy who gets insulted because someone dislikes his favorite shows.
Evidence?
Click Spoiler.

I dont want to post in this thread anymore.

Now you're insulting me and going through so much effort to stalk my profile and highlight what seems wrong to you? HA a whole new level.
Sep 9, 2012 9:40 AM

Jul 2009
DivisionG said:

Now you're insulting me and going through so much effort to stalk my profile and highlight what seems wrong to you? HA a whole new level.

He found his calling
Sep 9, 2012 9:45 AM

Mar 2012
I have to agree that was crossing the line. Just because he was a MAL beta-tester he thinks he can just do whatever he wants.
LoneWolf said:
Sep 9, 2012 9:47 AM
Jul 2012
Post-Josh said:
I have to agree that was crossing the line. Just because he was a MAL beta-tester he thinks he can just do whatever he wants.

lmfao, you're fucking hilarious dude
Sep 9, 2012 9:47 AM

Jun 2008
Sword Art Online have received its hype before it even came out, and it spreads like a virus like any other popular thing that have gone "viral".

From what I gathered, the reason is pretty simple. It was admired by its light novel fans as the best MMORPG-related story (there really isn't any other competition). I remember when there wasn't even word of an adaptation and heard it had one of the most interesting stories to come out.

MMORPG fans will generally like it, I think, since it has just the right amount of maturity. Not too childish, but not too serious either. It doesn't need to be exceptional to fill the hype, it just need to be decent. And a bunch of anime fans happen to play MMOs as well, so that eased the process even more.
Sep 9, 2012 9:51 AM

Nov 2009
NNick said:
Average Fanboy who gets insulted because someone dislikes his favorite shows.
Evidence?
Click Spoiler.

Oops, is there anything wrong with him to like Code Geass R2?

Let's just stop with the insulting and stuff guys ...
Stop derailing please.
Takana_no_HanaSep 9, 2012 9:55 AM
Sep 9, 2012 9:54 AM

Aug 2012
Its definitely not a bad series, but the expectations for it were so high that when the shows quality dropped just by a centimeter, everyone began to bitch and complain. My favorite episodes (1-3)
Sep 9, 2012 9:57 AM

Jul 2012
NNick said:
No. But went ape s__t because i said i didn't like it, and SAO.
Go figure.

Went ape shit because you didn't like SAO? go read some of the previous posts i posted regarding No anime is Shit, People put time and lots of effort to draw each frame and edit it. If you guys have seen how many steps it take to complete 1 episode, you better appreciate the work they have put in.

You took stalking and insulting to a whole new level! That was a rare sight to see,
You look into my profile, Highlights my Pictures,Club Banners, Joined Clubs, Born in 1994, Amounts of anime watched and prepare to watch. Wow what do we call that?
Sep 9, 2012 10:01 AM

Dec 2009
No offense but NNick didn’t you say

Nothing serious, just wanted to point that out
Sep 9, 2012 10:30 AM
Sep 2011
Oi NNick r u serious?
You call an anime shit just because you don't like it? Is that what you judge an anime?
And for what reason do you watch anime by the way?

They are anime, they are in the same category as Japanese animation, not some stupid America, marvels cartoons. And you watch them, you watch what you've just called "shit", really, why are you watching anime then?

Sep 9, 2012 10:34 AM

Mar 2012
JavierR said:
lmfao, you're fucking hilarious dude

Aaha, thanks. I'm just throwing random things from SAO in my posts, something to do!
LoneWolf said:
Sep 9, 2012 10:49 AM
Aug 2012
HibiChouchou said:
Oi NNick r u serious?
You call an anime shit just because you don't like it? Is that what you judge an anime?
And for what reason do you watch anime by the way?

They are anime, they are in the same category as Japanese animation, not some stupid America, marvels cartoons. And you watch them, you watch what you've just called "shit", really, why are you watching anime then?

Agreed.

I don't think the guy even understands what anime is.......shitheads like NNick are becoming common these days.......at least watch one anime with your eyes open seriously.

Sep 9, 2012 10:51 AM
Observer

Nov 2007
/popcorn

Oh the drama...
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Sep 9, 2012 10:52 AM

Mar 2012
Yeah, at least watch anime with your eyes open dude.
LoneWolf said:
Sep 9, 2012 10:58 AM

Dec 2009
wakka9ca said:
/popcorn

Oh the drama...

Sep 9, 2012 11:03 AM
Apr 2011
xlRevanlx said:
wakka9ca said:
/popcorn

Oh the drama...

For the record, I love how this gif and your avy are timed like they were made for each other xD
Sep 9, 2012 11:04 AM

Oct 2011
Interesting....I can't seem to see any of NNick's comments in this thread anymore.Either I'm a drunken dumbass or someone is trying to get rid of the evidence.
My Devianart

Oh & Space Brothers is still the best anime ever,in my opinion.Even when competing with Attack on Titan.
Sep 9, 2012 11:08 AM
Oct 2011
Jeddy017 said:
Interesting....I can't seem to see any of NNick's comments in this thread anymore.Either I'm a drunken dumbass or someone is trying to get rid of the evidence.
So we brought popcorn for nothing?
Sep 9, 2012 11:15 AM

Nov 2010
Jeddy017 said:

I was thinking the same thing. It was just getting good too.
Sep 9, 2012 11:21 AM

Jul 2012
NNick said he was going to stop commenting and then he deleted all of his comments that he posted.
Sep 9, 2012 11:29 AM

Sep 2011
shroudedindark said:
To all the people criticising people for liking the show - last time I checked, people were allowed an opinion.
truth.

Also half of you SOA defenders are making all fans look really butthurt and alot of you SOA haters are making everyone anti SOA person look like nazis that cant accept other people's views. Cant we all just sit back and agree to disagree

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Sep 9, 2012 11:38 AM

Jun 2012
Sword Art Online is popular for the same reason Naruto is popular. Because people are sheep and will fall for anything with hype.
Sep 9, 2012 11:39 AM

Mar 2012
If NNick deleted his posts online, that means he deleted them in real life. #MALartOnline
LoneWolf said:
Sep 9, 2012 11:43 AM

Mar 2012
Personally I'm just here to have fun, I might bash SAO here and there but it's just a joke I get out of some butthurt people. I actually am starting to like it again since episode 8 came out. While it still does not deserve the hype( at least not yet), SAO fanboys are actually nice, and not annoying like Narutards, Onetards or Fatetards :P I like them xD

Possibly the best fandom of an overrated series which is why I don't mind them at all and hope the series will continue to be better
End Zionazism
Sep 9, 2012 12:48 PM

Apr 2012
DivisionG said:
NNick said:
darkro90 said:
NNick said:
Nidhoeggr said:
Shirubaasouru said:
same reason the sissy Justin Bieber, lame Twilight, Call of Duty are so popular

Sadly, this.
Add World of Warcraft to that list as well....people these days seem to have an allergy against intelligence.

Glad to see that some people here still have standards.

Just because you enjoy grimdark anime, don't even try to think that your taste is much superior to anyone. Hating SAO because they were too mainstream? congratulation, you just become a hypocrite by also humiliating yourself by fanboying yourself to DN and Geass. Hating SAO because they were too happy two-goody and no grimdark moment? more hypocritical argument because SHNY got no grimdark shit you loved.

Seriously, you grimdark animu lover needs to chill yo tits and watch anime with open minded awareness. Give this series a try and open your close minded of grimdark emo perspective, that should makes you enjoy more of anime without getting that grimdark emo perspective blocking your sense of enjoyment in watching anime.

And no offense intended about the anime i mentioned earlier, SHNY is one of my all time favorite, same goes with S;G.

Everything that is not rated on my list is bad and bellow 8. Code Geass was mediocre at best.
What's SHNY? Haruhi? It was also bad, the movie, however was great.

And yes, i dont think i'll watch a single anime show this year anymore, unlike most of you, i hate watching shows which are dull and simplistic.
Now, i'm not saying you all should stop watching this show, but, i'm simply implying that it's bad.

Code Geass was Medicore at best? Yeah nvm, gonna ignore you from now on. I suppose Little girls fighting with magic amuses you more than Mecha and World Domination.

Are you fucking kidding me?
This is one of the most ignorant posts I've seen today.
>Oh he doesn't like a shitty fanservice show with plotholes
>He must be a lolicon mahou shoujo lover
As a child, I was told that society is a melting pot of talents; knowledge and experience combined to form important alloys that will contribute to mankind. When I got to highschool, however, I thought that it's more like a river in which the water represents our peers while we ourselves are the stones in the river. Constant erosion by mindless majority sheeping has made us lose our unique edge. After I hit the age of 18, I realized that I've been wrong all along. Society is no melting pot. Society is no river. Society is a person, a very skilled rapist, and he has fucked us all.
Sep 9, 2012 12:48 PM
Apr 2012
Herewegoagain
Sep 9, 2012 12:50 PM
Mar 2012
Code Geass is still way better than SAO. It's not an opinion, it's a fact.
Sep 9, 2012 12:50 PM
Sep 2011
Dude he isn't here anymore.
First, we got Kamikaze, but he quit.
Now, we got NNick, but he also quit
Damn ... so who's gonna be NEXT???????
Sep 9, 2012 12:53 PM

Mar 2012
Shaduge said:

R1, yes
R2? Hell no.
End Zionazism
Sep 9, 2012 12:59 PM

Apr 2012
DivisionG said:
hatahari said:
BloodRequiem said:

hatahari said:

Reality check: hard work doesn't mean anything if it doesn't produce results. By making the anime, the studio is putting itself forward to be judged. If what they made is bad then viewers have the right to call it shit.
As a child, I was told that society is a melting pot of talents; knowledge and experience combined to form important alloys that will contribute to mankind. When I got to highschool, however, I thought that it's more like a river in which the water represents our peers while we ourselves are the stones in the river. Constant erosion by mindless majority sheeping has made us lose our unique edge. After I hit the age of 18, I realized that I've been wrong all along. Society is no melting pot. Society is no river. Society is a person, a very skilled rapist, and he has fucked us all.
Sep 9, 2012 12:59 PM

Jun 2012
Mikasa said:
Shaduge said:

R1, yes
R2? Hell no.

This. Hilariously, R2, despite being far worse, IMO, than the first season, is rated higher than R1. After seeing this and how high SAO is rated I have lost all faith in the MAL community and their ability to rate effectively.
Sep 9, 2012 1:01 PM
Mar 2012
Mikasa said:
Shaduge said:

R1, yes
R2? Hell no.

Good ≠ Better. Just what did SAO have in these 10 episodes that R2 didn't have in 10 random episodes
Sep 9, 2012 1:01 PM

Apr 2012
Uberchu said:
Mikasa said:
Shaduge said:

R1, yes
R2? Hell no.

This. Hilariously, R2, despite being far worse, IMO, is rated higher than R1. After seeing this and how high SAO is rated I have lost all faith in the MAL community and their ability to rate effectively.

>Having faith in MAL ratings in the first place...
Sep 9, 2012 1:04 PM

Mar 2012
Shaduge said:
Mikasa said:
Shaduge said:

R1, yes
R2? Hell no.

Good ≠ Better. Just what did SAO have in these 10 episodes that R2 didn't have in 10 random episodes

Trains intact.

(In addition to consistent characters that don't do a 180 in 10 minutes, less cheesy lines, story doesn't suddenly depend on who's pulled the better mecha equipment/add-on out of his ass)
End Zionazism
Sep 9, 2012 1:07 PM

Jun 2012
BloodRequiem said:
Uberchu said:
Mikasa said:
Shaduge said:

R1, yes
R2? Hell no.

This. Hilariously, R2, despite being far worse, IMO, is rated higher than R1. After seeing this and how high SAO is rated I have lost all faith in the MAL community and their ability to rate effectively.

At this point 4chan has better taste than MAL.
Sep 9, 2012 1:14 PM

Apr 2012
Uberchu said:
BloodRequiem said:
Uberchu said:
Mikasa said:
Shaduge said:

R1, yes
R2? Hell no.

At this point 4chan has better taste than MAL.

Eh...that's debatable.../a/ is a bunch of hipsters but they can tell what is shit and what's not, /jp/ is just Touhou... /b/ and /v/ don't know anything other than Cowboy Bebop, big 3 and TTGL. And /q/ is just...ugh...
Sep 9, 2012 1:15 PM

Jun 2009
Shirubaasouru said:

Fuck bieber and twilight do not compare this too those.
Sep 9, 2012 1:49 PM

Apr 2009
Setsuna200 said:
Shirubaasouru said:

Fuck bieber and twilight do not compare this too those.

Same shit, different medium.
Also, Sturgeon's Law a.k.a. "ninety percent of everything is crap."

And you should check your grammar...
NidhoeggrSep 9, 2012 1:55 PM
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Sep 9, 2012 2:52 PM

Mar 2012
Ninety percent of Sturgeon is an idiot.
LoneWolf said:
Sep 9, 2012 2:54 PM

Sep 2012
Sep 9, 2012 2:57 PM

Jul 2009
Ukko said:

I wonder what's his hair made of
Sep 9, 2012 2:58 PM

Mar 2012
Kielbasa.
LoneWolf said:
Sep 9, 2012 3:02 PM

May 2011
Locked in virtual reality with RPG elements.
A fanbois wet dream.

Thats why. ~ Also the LNs are extremely high budget
Sep 9, 2012 3:06 PM

Jun 2011
CUZ JES!
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 11, 2012

491 by spillkongen »»
8 hours ago

» Overall do you enjoy watching SAO? What do you like about it? :) ( 1 2 )

Rinrinka - Apr 15

72 by katnissmaezie »»
May 16, 1:05 AM

» What even is SAO anymore? ( 1 2 )

Jason-Skyrunner - Apr 27

53 by soli1239 »»
May 6, 8:27 PM

» We need a reboot

Superninjaboy2 - Mar 15

32 by Jason-Skyrunner »»
May 1, 5:20 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

bippo - Dec 8, 2012

480 by amf85 »»
Apr 27, 5:20 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.