Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (26) « First ... « 8 9 [10] 11 12 » ... Last »
Sep 8, 2012 8:56 PM

Aug 2008
Vaplao said:
and btw.. those characters info on the anime page.. SO DANGEROUS TO READ... the spoilers are deadly I almost read them :O

So true, I regret it right now.... -.-
Sep 8, 2012 8:58 PM
Jul 2012
This thread is so dangerous, I thought it was a EPISODE 10 discussion thread, not a SPOIL THE ENTIRE FUCKING SERIES thread... wtf bro.
Sep 8, 2012 8:59 PM
Jan 2012
oh my, bless their little hearts....*wipes away tear*, kirito and asuna, you are too cute......
Sep 8, 2012 9:12 PM

Jan 2011
holy fuck this anime is amazing. i havent seen such good anime since nisemono finished but i think this is even better!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
this is my god damn signature.
Sep 8, 2012 9:13 PM

Nov 2009
I read through 10pages (10->25) but the fact that this thread hasn't increased any pages till I finished proves MAL's community has calmed down a little bit.

Ohhhh well, MAL community never fail to amaze me, it's ridiculous that there were many immature comments on MAL and they thought they were all adult ( but they weren't,kids are still kid) ...

Man and woman are basically equal in this kind of time, if you haven't realized that, wait until your wife/girlfriend makes more money than you do =).

It's pointless debating about ethics code, cause it varies from country to country, where in Asia, sex isn't an easy topic to discuss about, there's nothing wrong with kirito, or him being an idiot if he didn't do it with Asuna cause she was misunderstood. (but if I were him, I wouldn't hesitate, and kirito did it anyway).

Have you ever felt strange that, just by touching hands, a couple get flushed in anime (same apply for Asia) countries, meanwhile, it's like greetings when you kiss each other in many European countries.

So don't judge people based on their cultures. Please have an open mind. You aren't wrong, but you aren't right either.

Edit: oh sh*t it increased ......
Sep 8, 2012 9:14 PM

Jan 2011
StreetSmartz said:
holy fuck this anime is amazing. i havent seen such good anime since nisemono finished but i think this is even better!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

>SAO
>Better than Nise
Wow.

Takana_no_Hana said:
-Good insight here.-

Okay.
Sep 8, 2012 9:16 PM

Nov 2009
> Nise
> full of fanservices
> Bake is better
Sep 8, 2012 9:17 PM

Jan 2011
Takana_no_Hana said:
> Nise
> full of fanservices
> Bake is better

If you're talking about storyline then it's valid.
Sep 8, 2012 9:17 PM

Jan 2008
Takana_no_Hana said:
I read through 10pages (10->25) but the fact that this thread hasn't increased any pages till I finished proves MAL's community has calmed down a little bit.

Ohhhh well, MAL community never fail to amaze me, it's ridiculous that there were many immature comments on MAL and they thought they were all adult ( but they weren't,kids are still kid) ...

Man and woman are basically equal in this kind of time, if you haven't realized that, wait until your wife/girlfriend makes more money than you do =).

It's pointless debating about ethics code, cause it varies from country to country, where in Asia, sex isn't an easy topic to discuss about, there's nothing wrong with kirito, or him being an idiot if he didn't do it with Asuna cause she was misunderstood. (but if I were him, I wouldn't hesitate, and kirito did it anyway).

Have you ever felt strange that, just by touching hands, a couple get flushed in anime (same apply for Asia) countries, meanwhile, it's like greetings when you kiss each other in many European countries.

So don't judge people based on their cultures. Please have an open mind. You aren't wrong, but you aren't right either.

Edit: oh sh*t it increased ......

We just having some fun. I'm at the very least happy the thread isn't as negative as the past 9.
Sep 8, 2012 9:19 PM

Mar 2012
/\ Probably because we don't have Kamikaze in this thread
Sep 8, 2012 9:19 PM

Apr 2011
OMG! Kirito and Asuna had HAWT STEAMING SEKS!!!
Sep 8, 2012 9:21 PM

Jan 2011
KaiKatsuya said:
/ Probably because we don't have Kamikaze in this thread

He's a good guy, just stubborn.

Paul said:

We just having some fun. I'm at the very least happy the thread isn't as negative as the past 9.

Yup, not even close the to shitstorm at episode 7 (I regret a little).
Sep 8, 2012 9:22 PM

Sep 2007
Teehee~ Asuna totally wanted to cyber.

Not going to bother reading the thread since people don't know how to keep their spoilers in check cause y'know, this is an episode 10 thread, not a rest-of-the-story-and-LN thread.
Sep 8, 2012 9:23 PM

Jul 2010
The kissing scene was so cute that I had to replay it as much as I can! ♥

I love this episode a LOT. :)
Senjougahara: Don't call me "this chick"
Araragi: Then what should I call you?
Senjougahara: Senjougahara-sama.
Araragi: SEN - JOU - GA - HAA - RAA - SAA - MAA
Senjougahara: I don't like the way you say it. Say it properly.
Araragi: Senjougahara-chan~
Sep 8, 2012 9:35 PM

Oct 2010
hatahari said:
The kissing scene was so cute that I had to replay it as much as I can! ♥

I love this episode a LOT. :)
Yeah what you mean.

My top replays of this episode are:

1- Heathcliff fight cause Kirito gets pawned and usually he does not even if the trick was cheap to use against him.

2- Kuradeel being killed cause I HATE HIS FACE! And the fact he killed loads of people.

Yeah it's fun to repeat some parts of this series.

PS: If people want they still have the option of the club. Thread is cleaner there. I think it's a good idea to start them in the club. Less immaturity IMO.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Sep 8, 2012 9:36 PM

Jan 2011
Yumekichi11 said:

2- Kuradeel being killed cause I HATE HIS FACE! And the fact he killed loads of people.

Kuradeel is probably the most hated character of this season.
Sep 8, 2012 9:38 PM

Oct 2010
Niyawa said:
Yumekichi11 said:

Kuradeel is probably the most hated character of this season.
Nah there is still Heartseed and Noumi but Kuradeel ranks #3 but who cares, he is dead now while the other 2 are alive.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Sep 8, 2012 9:39 PM

May 2011
This was a fucking glorious episode. All dat progress with Asuna and Kirito was just great to see. That sudden kiss by Kirito was just beautiful and the whole scene was just really nice. Asuna was also really cute in the scenes in her home, especially after they had went all the way. Can't fucking wait to see them married and together next episode. Ahhh I just loved this episode and loved how it felt.

That fight with Heathcliff definitely looks fishy to me, that guy probably cheated or something.
Sep 8, 2012 9:40 PM

Jan 2011
This episode was all Kirito X Asuna, and I fucking love that. Now this episode is my favourite so far. SAO keeps getting better and better each week though.

Heathcliff is a hacker. Kirito obviously had the upper hand. I swear Heathcliff probably used Physical Burst, that bastard LOL! (I just had to. xD) Kirito in the Knights of Blood uniform looks pretty weird. He's more suited in his regular black attire, makes him look more badass.

It was great that Kirito explained to Asuna why he avoids guilds and people in general. Asuna acting so womanly and saying how she'll protect Kirito.

Kuradeel is one crazy asshole holy shit and he's part of the Laughing Coffin guild. Such a dog move to paralyse Godfree and Kirito. He even killed Godfree, what a coward. Man if it wasn't for Asuna, Kirito would have died such a shitty death. But thank god for Asuna, although I was like 'Asuna, he's still paralysed' >.>

Asuna taking on Kuradeel offensively was awesome, but she sure is soft. Kirito intervened, saved Asuna, lost his left hand in the process and killed Kuradeel with a falcon punch. Heck yeah! >=D Asuna felt like she was a burden to Kirito and bothering him all the time and start bursting into tears. That kiss was great. Finally an awesome Kirito X Asuna moment. <3

Asuna started 'undressing' and wore just her bra and underwear
Kirito: 'I just...wanted to spend some time here with you tonight. That was all I wanted'
Asuna: Eh? (oh shit, that's what he meant and here I thought we would do it) BAKAAAAAA! *charges up attack*
^Fucking lol'd so hard at that.

Kirito and Asuna are getting married, about damn time! Seriously though heaps of character development in this Kirito X Asuna episode. Love this episode more than episode 9 and that was freakin' awesome.
Next episodes:
Sep 8, 2012 9:46 PM

Mar 2012
Cheesy as all hell, but I'd be lying if I said this wasn't my favourite episode so far. Show makes a better romance than it does anything else. Concept of duel was weak, duel itself was weak, obvious fan-service was weak.

Also, what was with him getting his hand back? I thought the whole reason Asuna was crying was that he lost it and could no longer duel wield? I was yelling "luke!!!" at my screen, and then it just came back. That's some bullshit.
JoshSep 8, 2012 9:49 PM
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
Sep 8, 2012 9:47 PM

Oct 2011
What the fuck is this?
Good episode until Asucka came in, she should have slain the fucker.

After that, the episode went to shit.
Sep 8, 2012 9:48 PM

Sep 2011
this series is not my cup of tea after all.

i do believe romance is an important part in this series but
how they try to 'balance' (if they actually did) the action and romance
i just can't get satisfied with; tbh i enjoy battles in Hunter x Hunter more, because. SAO just doesn't have the spice in battles.... how can i say it, it's just sparks of swords clashing without emotion/thinking whatsoever. and music didnt get better either despite Kajiura =(
and yes like how people mentioned Heathcliff's win--Kirito didnt even comment anything on that

also in general they easily kill people despite the main concept of fear of death

and i thought i was gonna go rage when they didnt do it at minute 8
Sep 8, 2012 9:48 PM

Jul 2012
Post-Josh said:
Cheesy as all hell, but I'd be lying if I said this wasn't my favourite episode so far. Show makes a better romance than it does anything else.

Will your next favorite episode be the glomping one animated?

Woo, almost 10,000 posts in this subforum and we're 10 episodes in!
Sep 8, 2012 9:51 PM

Mar 2010
I understand when you get hurt/die you die for real.. but seriously.. I doubt sexual relations would be possible in a VR realm like that.. Asuna sure gave it away easily out of a misunderstanding to.. makes me wonder about her.
Also..that commander guy had a pretty angry face when he won the duel I noticed.. As if Kirito held back or he expected a different outcome
Sep 8, 2012 9:52 PM

Aug 2012
Great episode a lot happened in just this 1 episode. Duel was great, but wow white does really not suit Kirito.

This is defiantly my favourite anime now.
Sep 8, 2012 9:53 PM

Jan 2012
Post-Josh said:
Cheesy as all hell, but I'd be lying if I said this wasn't my favourite episode so far. Show makes a better romance than it does anything else. Concept of duel was weak, duel itself was weak, obvious fan-service was weak.

Also, what was with him getting his hand back? I thought the whole reason Asuna was crying was that he lost it and could no longer duel wield? I was yelling "luke!!!" at my screen, and then it just came back. That's some bullshit.

SAO is not like real life, imagine if SAO didn't end up being a death game, if someone lost their hand would they have to remake a character because they lost a body part? no you just have to heal up and it grows back (just like what happend in this ep). I imagine losing a body part is a "status effect" like paralysis until you cure it somehow
Sep 8, 2012 9:53 PM

Mar 2012
Imagine if they realized you can't get pregnant, or STD's, in the game and the rest of series was just hentai.

ihateeveryone said:

I don't know what that means, lol. Requires LN knowledge?
LoneWolf said:
Sep 8, 2012 9:54 PM
Apr 2012
I didn't mind Kuradeel, I'll miss him. It's nice when shows have that totally insane character that everyone can universally hate, but through that hate I learned to like him for what he was.
Sep 8, 2012 9:55 PM

Dec 2009
"I was hoping they were at least throw in the UI discussion on how they are actually able to bypass certain… um… problems with it being a video game and all."
Sep 8, 2012 9:57 PM

Jan 2011
Yumekichi11 said:
Nah there is still Heartseed and Noumi but Kuradeel ranks #3 but who cares, he is dead now while the other 2 are alive.

Noumi, thanks for remembering me of him.
Also Heartseed is actually a good guy.
Sep 8, 2012 9:57 PM

Nov 2011
I was aspect a little more action in the bed just like in 16.5 of the LN :P

Sep 8, 2012 9:58 PM

Mar 2012
jBui said:
Post-Josh said:

SAO is not like real life, imagine if SAO didn't end up being a death game, if someone lost their hand would they have to remake a character because they lost a body part? no you just have to heal up and it grows back (just like what happend in this ep). I imagine losing a body part is a "status effect" like paralysis until you cure it somehow

I understand that now, but that doesn't explain why they zoomed in on Kirito's hand disappearing and then Asuna balled her eyes out. What, she was so sorry that he had to take like, ten damage? I'm not sorry just because a Ratatat used tackle on my level 99 Pikachu. imho
LoneWolf said:

May 2009
Best one so far. :)
Jul 2012
Post-Josh said:
Imagine if they realized you can't get pregnant, or STD's, in the game and the rest of series was just hentai.

ihateeveryone said:

I don't know what that means, lol. Requires LN knowledge?

Glomping sounds interesting... I'd definitely like to know
Sep 8, 2012 9:59 PM

Jan 2012
MoonFox said:
I understand when you get hurt/die you die for real.. but seriously.. I doubt sexual relations would be possible in a VR realm like that..

in the LN Asuna said the developers of SAO put an "Ethics on or off" option on SAO if you turn it off you can get down and dirty.

MoonFox said:
Asuna sure gave it away easily out of a misunderstanding to.. makes me wonder about her.

I think its been obv since ep 7 that Asuna liked Kirito and seeing as how he almost died TWICE within a few days i could see why she would want some while she could get it :o
Sep 8, 2012 9:59 PM

Sep 2011
Kye7 said:
What the fuck is this?
Good episode until Asucka came in, she should have slain the fucker.

After that, the episode went to shit.

Lol, I see you got some hate for Asuna.

To all the people wondering about glomping part.

At least this is what I think people mean by the term "Glomp" if there's another way of saying it, by all means share.
TyrelSep 8, 2012 10:04 PM
Sep 8, 2012 10:00 PM

Jan 2012
Post-Josh said:
jBui said:
Post-Josh said:

I understand that now, but that doesn't explain why they zoomed in on Kirito's hand disappearing and then Asuna balled her eyes out. What, she was so sorry that he had to take like, ten damage? I'm not sorry just because a Ratatat used tackle on my level 99 Pikachu. imho

i think she was just sorry because of all that happend, not the hand in particular. Kirito didnt want to join the guild but when he did, first day on the job he almost gets killed :(

and i think zooming in on Kirito's hand getting cut off was to show how desperate he was to protect Asuna, when he killed Kuradeel he used his unarmed skill he didn't bother to whip out his sword
Sep 8, 2012 10:02 PM

Nov 2009
Mastermind995 said:
I was aspect a little more action in the bed just like in 16.5 of the LN :P

then you should go and watch hen ...
too much drama in KC, heartseed is actually a good guy, true, wish they put in some comedy in the next episode/chapter cause I'm too tired with these drama ._."
Sep 8, 2012 10:03 PM

Mar 2012
jBui said:
i think she was just sorry because of all that happend, not the hand in particular. Kirito didnt want to join the guild but when he did, first day on the job he almost gets killed :(

Yeah I suppose, I was partly trolling.
LoneWolf said:
Sep 8, 2012 10:03 PM

Jan 2011
Post-Josh said:

The anime didn't enter in detail (like always) but she was sorry because she felt to blame that Kirito murdered someone.
Sep 8, 2012 10:05 PM

Nov 2009
Post-Josh said:
jBui said:
Post-Josh said:

Dw you are not the only one.

Sep 8, 2012 10:07 PM

Mar 2012
Makes sense, thanks. That's just such bad writing though, whyyyy.

On the subject of murdering someone, I don't think it's a big deal for him (practically since he's mostly on his own, but also morally). Maybe the novel dealt with it better, but it seemed as though he literally could not care less.
LoneWolf said:
Sep 8, 2012 10:08 PM

Jul 2012
sbg711 said:
Pan151 said:

Correction: it's the way we WERE.

Regicide said:

Oddly enough we aren't stuck in the 1800s
weird, I know, I was shocked when I learned this too

You would also be shocked to hear that:
1. sociologists today are no longer sure whether society even exists in the 21st century. For the past half century the world has been undergoing a process of intense individualisation, undermining the very existence of a society.
2. sociologists and philosophers these days no longer assume that humanity is bound to constant progress and evolution. Humanity is bound to committing mistakes and falling into states of crisis, and the gradual weakening/destruction of a society is one of those crises

Therefore the norms of behaviour I've mentioned earlier are by no means relics. They are norms and always will be.
You make sense dude. Interesting stuff.
Sep 8, 2012 10:11 PM
Oct 2010
Post-Josh said:
On the subject of murdering someone, I don't think it's a big deal for him (practically since he's mostly on his own, but also morally). Maybe the novel dealt with it better, but it seemed as though he literally could not care less.
Well, the one crying her eyes out was Asuna, not him.
"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain"
Friedrich Schiller
Sep 8, 2012 10:13 PM

Mar 2012
Ajunky said:
Post-Josh said:
Well, the one crying her eyes out was Asuna, not him.

Go on.
LoneWolf said:
Sep 8, 2012 10:14 PM

Jan 2011
Post-Josh said:
jBui said:
Post-Josh said:

She was sorry because he had to actually kill a person to save her.

You know, killing another human being tends to be a big deal if you're not exactly used to it...
Sep 8, 2012 10:19 PM

Nov 2009
lol dude chill out, none of us here has experienced it
Sep 8, 2012 10:21 PM

Mar 2012
On the contrary, I'm pretty I would laugh if I stabbed someone and they turned into pixels, thank you very much.
LoneWolf said:
Sep 8, 2012 10:22 PM

Jan 2011
Takana_no_Hana said:
lol dude chill out, none of us here has experienced it
It? What?
Sep 8, 2012 10:30 PM

Nov 2008
raxius1230 said:
Well they changed things but it was ok again its a ADAPTATION so you can expect it.

As the episode the duel was really good really enjoy it specially the end.

The betrayal was ok,Kurandel crazy faces were good.

Kirito and Asuna Kiss was sooo cute!!! and then Asuna "misunderstanding" was so fun her faces were great.

Well next epsiode will get Morning Dew Girl,see how it goes!!
More later.

ya more or less ^

---

At least they kept the misunderstanding more or less perfect and the fight aspect where he
but ya

And lulz chapter 16.5 ;)
Pages (26) « First ... « 8 9 [10] 11 12 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Overall do you enjoy watching SAO? What do you like about it? :) ( 1 2 )

Rinrinka - Apr 15

72 by katnissmaezie »»
May 16, 1:05 AM

» What even is SAO anymore? ( 1 2 )

Jason-Skyrunner - Apr 27

53 by soli1239 »»
May 6, 8:27 PM

» We need a reboot

Superninjaboy2 - Mar 15

32 by Jason-Skyrunner »»
May 1, 5:20 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

bippo - Dec 8, 2012

480 by amf85 »»
Apr 27, 5:20 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 10, 2012

680 by amf85 »»
Apr 27, 2:32 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.