Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (14) « First ... « 8 9 [10] 11 12 » ... Last »
Jul 31, 2012 3:36 PM

Nov 2009
^ No offense but obviously your taste in anime is different than mine, whats the point of arguing in the first place?

FYI,

Opinions are like assholes. Everybody's got one and everyone thinks everyone else's stinks

btw

Justin Bieber would be a good singer

At least he has singing talents and obviously better than you, sir, a good whiner, ask yourself this question:" Can I sing like him?"
If yes is your answer, then sing, record it and upload it to youtube so that everyone can listen. And for godsake I hate JB but I'm not denying his talent.
Jul 31, 2012 3:40 PM

Apr 2009
Vforvendetta said:
^ No offense but obviously your taste in anime is different than mines, whats the point of arguing in the first place?

Opinions are like assholes. Everybody's got one and everyone thinks everyone else's stinks

btw

Justin Bieber would be a good singer

At least he has singing talents and obviously better than you, sir, a good whiner, ask yourself this question:" Can I sing like him?"

How is that even relevant to the argument at hand? Obviously talent is spread to unequal volumes. But just because you can't recreate an object of the same quality doesn't mean you can't critize the quality of the original subject at hand. Criticism is a means to improve oneself, blind fanboyism will only lead to stagnation.
Ad hominem argumention isn't going to get you anywhere.

And correct me if Im wrong, but since when was talent needed to scrape teenage girls' pockets when you have a pretty face and autotune by your side?
NidhoeggrJul 31, 2012 3:45 PM
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Jul 31, 2012 3:59 PM

Nov 2009
Well, If JB was a bad singer then people wouldn't even care to buy his stuff, and by the way you talk, you don't like him at all, so do I, I don't like him either. But he can make money by singing, and if his works aren't good enough he would be a normal teenager boy by now. FYI, I don't listen to his music.

I know berserk is a good manga and was adapted into anime in 1997, and a movie recent. But I don't read or watch it simply cause it doesn't suit my taste, with a drama, romance, joisei and slice of life lover like me.

Nidhoeggr said:
It's a shame that future generations of anime and manga fans can now associate the term "The Black Swordman" with shitty Gary Stu Kirito instead of Guts. Or even worse: Actually think that SAO has a "deep" story with "dark themes" and isn't just a power-fantasy for teenagers, who probably feel better irl because they grinded to max gear in WoW.

Fuck you for that, SAO.

And fuck this episode as well. This series is pretty bad so far.

Back to the topic, in this thread there are also people who have read berserk and SAO at the same time, but they still like and enjoy both of the show, so your opinion is only biased, one sided. You read berserk doesn't mean you have the right to criticize people who haven't read it, and the term "Kuro no Kenshin a.k.a the black swordman" could be used for any suitable fiction character.

No offense but the way you commented pisses me off. Mind your words sir.
Takana_no_HanaJul 31, 2012 4:07 PM
Jul 31, 2012 4:03 PM

Feb 2012
xRaiNx said:
MidnightPride said:
Not really Like I said I doubt there is any real need for concern. It was most likely a mistake on the animators parts and, like most of us the people who checked to see if everything was good didn't notice it. I heard that the writer of the LN is working with the anime people. I don't think she would let something like that slide.

Unless we see a fight or interaction with a real character that is duel wielding It's safe to say it was just a mistake.

"I heard that the writer of the LN is working with the anime people. I don't think she would let something like that slide."

Wait . Didn't Kawahara Reki write the story ? Kawahara is a he .

LN means the novel right ?

LN means Light Novel and, ya Reki Kawahara made it thought person who made it was a girl my bad xD
Jul 31, 2012 4:06 PM

Apr 2009
Vforvendetta said:
Well, If JB was a bad singer then people wouldn't even care to buy his stuff, and by the way you talk, you don't like him at all, so do I, I don't like him either. But he can make money by singing, and if his works aren't good enough he would be a normal teenager boy by now.

Marketing & public relations.

Vforvendetta said:
I know berserk is a good manga and was adapted into anime in 1997, and a movie recent. But I don't read or watch it simply cause it doesn't suit my taste, with a drama, romance, joisei and slice of life lover like me.

Then how do you know it is good? When I criticize a subject I always tried to get into it before.

Vforvendetta said:
Back to the topic, in this thread there are also people who have read berserk and SAO at the same time, but they still like and enjoy both of the show, so your opinion is only biased, one sided.

No offense but the way you commented pisses me off. Mind your words sir.

Obviously other people have different opinions, there are also a lot of people who read/watched both series and strongly dislike Stu Art Online. And your choice of words wasn't great either in your first response.
Jul 31, 2012 4:09 PM

Nov 2009
this is my post while ago

Guess you don't even care to read the whole thread.

Nidhoeggr said:

Then how do you know it is good? When I criticize a subject I always tried to get into it before.

So you want to compare Sword Art Online and Berserk because they have the same term as "Kuro no Kenshin" or whatever reason, obviously these 2 are completely different and can't be compared. Furthermore, each of them serve different viewer. While Berserk is seinen which serves a majority of adults, SAO is shounen. It's obviously your mistake when trying to compare them in the first place.
Takana_no_HanaJul 31, 2012 4:17 PM
Jul 31, 2012 4:17 PM

Apr 2009
I read the first novel and found it to be...generic. And while the premise is interesting, the plot points were all better used before in other works. And I am in favor of a chronological telling of the events, it's just that the pacing is bad for the most part.

Also, the "don't like it = drop it" argument is just as retarded as the "it's popular so it must be good" argument. There are people who actually a opinion that differs from yours and you should accept that. Not that you can't argue with them over the critique at hand, though - on the contrary: This is where the actual discussion should be held.

Yes, I didn't read through the whole thread. The comments would gave me a headache.

And regarding Berserk and SAO: I just voiced my concern over the fact that the term Black Swordsman is sullied by the - in my opinion inferior - SAO, as it is used here as well. It was just about the term Black Swordsman, not about the series itself - comparing those would be laughable as they are not in the same demographic & genre.
NidhoeggrJul 31, 2012 4:23 PM
Jul 31, 2012 4:27 PM

Nov 2009
Do you know why that term is used in here?
http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/index.php?title=Sword_Art_Online:Volume_2_Chapter_1
read it for your information
"Kuro no Kenshin - The Black Swordman" is the name of a side story in SAO. That is why they used it in here.

It's ridiculous that when they mentioned the name of a chapter, or a side story and some one suddenly made a mess about it.
Jul 31, 2012 5:18 PM

Jul 2011
Nidhoeggr said:
kamikaze_1996 said:

he isn't a gary stu, ive already mentioned this before in this thread but ill say it again to save you time rereading the previous pages, kirito didn't reach that kind of level easily, he trained through dangerous methods by fighting monsters on the frontline solo, when normally you would have party (team) to cover your back, he reaped the most amount of xp this way but came close to death many times, although it isn't as clear as the LN, it does state it in the anime at a few points like when argo tells him that his methods of training have become extremely dangerous

on another note, even though they haven't stated this in the anime yet, his battle healing is a skill that can only be leveled up by sustaining large amounts of damage which is proof that he has been in the red zone (near death) many times, he is lucky to be alive and his kind are rare because solo players like him have extremely short lifespans in SAO but he has managed to pull through it all

A Gary Stu "is a fictional character with overly idealized and hackneyed mannerisms, lacking noteworthy flaws, and primarily functioning as a wish-fulfillment fantasy for the author or reader."
Idealized and hackneyed mannerisms: Dark, broodling loner with "tragic" past is not hackneyed for you?
Noteworthy flaws: Oh sure, he suffers some damages and has to undergo "risky moves" that could "kill" him. I am sure the fact that

Functioning as a wish-fulfillment fantasy for the author or reader: take a good, GOOD look at this thread. Don't you think that at least this point applies? I could expand this argument of Light Novels in general, but that would be off-topic.

i know what gary stu means, you don't need to give a definition from google

also what i was saying was that he worked hard to get where he is at the moment, life didn't come very easy for him and leveling up wasn't an easy thing as well for the reasons i just mentioned before but i don't think you understand how serious "death" in the game is and how close to it he was, he grinded in dungeons by himself for hours, sometimes even sacrificing sleep, it wasn't just a minor risk, it was suicide, he was by himself so a group of mobs could overwhelm him and if he was stunned or paralyzed no one could help him (instant death) he never slept at some points which caused him mental fatigue which makes it harder to activate sword skills which is your only way of defence against mobs and when he did sleep he would rest in the few safe zones inside the dungeons where it was extremely uncomfortable and eat black bread. In this world where your only pleasures are hanging out/talking to your friends, eating and sleeping. He never really had any of these, he was solo so he didn't have anyone to talk to, he ate black bread because it was cheap and easy to store and he never really got a peaceful, comfortable sleep.

he suffered and worked hard to get where he was today so i wouldn't call him a gary stu where he has no flaws and everything came easy

"Dark, broodling loner with a tragic past"?, it would be like calling batman who worked hard to become a hero, a gary stu, it may seem like they have idealized and hackneyed mannerism but some characters are different from that, its only if they go over the top with it.

also

just because kirito is a cool characters and is awesome to most viewers doesn't mean he has idealized and hackneyed mannerisms and is a gary stu. it really feels like you are only saying he is a gary stu because you don't like him and that he is a new "blackswordsman" and might be known for it more than guts

i don't think you can even expand the argument of the Light Novels because you clearly haven't read them. clearly you dont know much about kirito's character and don't even know basic facts/events that all LN readers of SAO know, so stop pretending that you do.
ZeroKamikazeJul 31, 2012 5:33 PM
Jul 31, 2012 5:32 PM

Nov 2009
please guys, enough of this, don't dig further into a really big mess.

Nidhoeggr said:

And regarding Berserk and SAO: I just voiced my concern over the fact that the term Black Swordsman is sullied by the - in my opinion inferior - SAO, as it is used here as well. It was just about the term Black Swordsman, not about the series itself - comparing those would be laughable as they are not in the same demographic & genre.

Nidhoeggr was mistaken since he didn't know that the term "Black swordman" is used for a chapter in SAO and make a mess about it. And it was his mistake to bring berserk/guts in here in the first place.
Takana_no_HanaJul 31, 2012 5:38 PM
Jul 31, 2012 9:25 PM

Nov 2011
Not bad. It hasn't been as interesting as the first episode for quite awhile now though.
Jul 31, 2012 11:50 PM

Apr 2012
Vforvendetta said:
please guys, enough of this, don't dig further into a really big mess.

Nidhoeggr said:

Nidhoeggr was mistaken since he didn't know that the term "Black swordman" is used for a chapter in SAO and make a mess about it. And it was his mistake to bring berserk/guts in here in the first place.

Huh, you didn't even need to change argument... Just because they used something as generic as "Black Swordsman" in a different anime, that does not mean anything. Nidhoeggr is just a hater that can't find any flaws in the anime that people find good and it's also popular. Let him be, ignorance is bliss, if we don't notice him, he'll stop commenting.

Autocrat said:
Hitler was good, objectively.
Aug 1, 2012 12:18 AM
Apr 2008
Berserk and Justin Bieber? This is the SAO forum right? eheh

My first reaction to seeing Rosalia. Funny that she looks like Mitsuru from Persona 3, but Rosalia's seiyuu voiced Yukari. Mindblown lol

Anyways good episode, but will there be more of these side stories?
Aug 1, 2012 12:59 AM

Jun 2008
webkid94 said:

This is the rest before the start of the main story
-Murder Case (next episode) (April 2024)
-Warmth of the heart (June 2024)
-Sound of Water, Sound of Hammer (August 2024
-Morning Dew Girl (October 2024)

Visit this blog That I'm working with my friend
http://randomnessthing.com/
Aug 1, 2012 1:04 AM

Feb 2009
>weak MC
Baaawww lame, beta, whiny protagonist

>strong MC
Baaawww self-insert, wish fulfillment, Gary Stu protagonist

Really now...
Aug 1, 2012 1:15 AM

Feb 2012
kaimax said:
webkid94 said:

But I think the 3 side stories would be inserted before the story's last battle...
Aug 1, 2012 2:00 AM

Jun 2008
HauntingShock said:
kaimax said:
webkid94 said:

But I think the 3 side stories would be inserted before the story's last battle...

Yeah it would be rather "spoilerish" to include the last 3 SS chapter chronologically.

Aug 1, 2012 2:49 AM

Apr 2012
Vforvendetta said:
I'm also agree with kaimax, those side stories explain lots of thing that happen in SAO world, as a light novel reader, the novel itself is no different when the author first introduced kirito as a high level player in SAO, and everything started at 74th floor without any explanations, it's the truth.

Technically the novel didn't portray how he reach that high level, and u guys honestly want to see how he level up from 1 - 78 in the entire anime? Killing mobs, level up, spending points on skills, eat, sleep then keep doing it until he reaches his current level, he is a solo player and that's what hes entirely doing in SAO and u guys want to show all of that into anime?

So basically instead of portraying side story which helps who haven't read the novel to understand more about the SAO world ( we know about orange player, guild, etc and pet tamer in this episode), some people prefer the leveling progress to be shown on the show *sigh.

Introducing side story first is a wise choice I must say, so u guys won't be amazed by the awesomeness of the plot later on.

My perspective on the show was quite normal, not until I read the light novel and realize what they intend to do with each episode. This is the case with Harry Potter, It's the novel made the movies famous, not the other way around.

I agree with the fact that introducing side stories help the anime viewers understand Kirito and SAO better. Unfortunately, this particular episode fails at even that job, whereas the previous episodes at least had the right intentions. For a detailed argument, visit http://myanimelist.net/blog/s2012k1993
Aug 1, 2012 3:50 AM

Nov 2009
Well yeah, that lack of portraying character's feelings/emotions can be found in most of the novel adaption, not only in anime but in general, which is why reading the original novel is way better for those who likes digging into the character developments.

I've read your notes and really like it. If they want to portray character's emotions, they will have to prolong each episode, which is really difficult cause they're planning to finish the fairy dance arc also. 4volumes of novel into 25episode anime. This is the case of angel beats! since the original script was hundred of pages then they shortened it into 13episode ani.
Takana_no_HanaAug 1, 2012 3:58 AM
Aug 1, 2012 4:24 AM

Aug 2011
Nidhoeggr said:

By that logic Justin Bieber would be a good singer and the bible is the best book of the earth...popularity =/= quality. Most of you should've noticed that by now. And I like how you insult me in the very first sentence of your post, you are the type of mature viewer I expected from the SAO fanbase.

Despite the initial premise, this anime is a failure so far and this can largely be contributed to the MC and the bad pacing. And as usual, younger MAL users hype this series to death. Guilty Crown of the season...
err... you just insulted the SAO fanbase right after telling someone how much you 'like' the fact that they insulted you. Criticism to do with the other person using insults won't really help you when you're 'clashing views' with someone else, as your bound to do so yourself anyway.

I don't mean to start any kind of argument though, since we won't get anywhere when it's already obviously that I like SAO and you don't. That's fine and all, but I do have something to ask you. Is there a valid reason you're still watching this? I'm genuinely curious.
1) You're giving this a chance in case it gets better?
2) You actually find the series enjoyable?
3) You just want to tell everybody how much you hate it?
4) You're just completing this so when you get in an argument with a SAO fanboy, you can actually state valid points?
5) You're one of those 'completists' that apparently don't drop anything?
Either way.
Aug 1, 2012 4:40 AM

Oct 2011
I liked this episode. Especially the graphics *_* I wish that they somehow went together but then again, Kirito IS a solo player so yeah.. I'm hoping that they get onto the actual story line next ep
Aug 1, 2012 6:13 AM

Jul 2011
s2012k1993 said:

I agree with the fact that introducing side stories help the anime viewers understand Kirito and SAO better. Unfortunately, this particular episode fails at even that job, whereas the previous episodes at least had the right intentions. For a detailed argument, visit http://myanimelist.net/blog/s2012k1993

man i gotta say, reading your argument was really interesting, have you read the Light Novel? because it feels like you know the story and character developments inside out, noticing all that just by watching the episodes where it lacks major unlike the LN is pretty impressive, i couldn't have summed it up better myself and i have been reading the LN carefully.

i would have to agree with all your points, episode 1 was brilliant but the rest of the episodes had noteworthy flaws but still added something to the table and explained something about the characters and SAO so it wasn't that bad, episode 4 i agree had waay too much fanservice, instead of sticking to the material in the LN, they randomly shoved fanservice of silica.

btw in case you haven't read the LN, it explains how silica and pina met in the first stages of SAO and how important pina is to silica and their relationship as friends despite pina not being "real"

The anime like you said failed to portray this and focused only on how she feels about kirito completely disregarding pina and how glad she felt when she obtained the flower and wanting to use the teleport crystal to revive pina sooner but refrained herself because teleportation crystals are extremely expensive and it was only meant to used when you are in danger, also the next town or safe zone was only an hour away "Now I can meet Pina in about an hour at the most---
She hugged her chest, which felt as if it were going to explode, and was just about to cross the bridge---"
-silica (quoted from the LN)

although i liked the way they stayed friends even though they had a massive level difference and wouldn't be able to see each other much, they much pretty much forgot about pina, its just like you said, its like asuna helping kirito to save sachi and kirito forgetting all about sachi when he gets the revival crystal
Aug 1, 2012 6:14 AM

Jun 2008
xTenshiAi said:
I'm hoping that they get onto the actual story line next ep

Nope, at least episode 5 and 6 will be another side story. But this time looks like it's going to be 1 arc divided into 2, because the nature of the arc itself.

Aug 1, 2012 6:53 AM
Jun 2011
Aug 1, 2012 7:07 AM
Jul 2012
With the argument between the solos and Knights of Blood animated, maybe the duel will be animated too?
Aug 1, 2012 8:37 AM
Oct 2008
HUNTERMAD said:
With the argument between the solos and Knights of Blood animated, maybe the duel will be animated too?

Hopefully they do
Aug 1, 2012 10:18 AM
Apr 2011
kaimax said:
webkid94 said:

Unless I'm remembering wrong, Morning Dew Girl takes place during the main story so if they're going chronologically, they'll throw that in near the end of the main arc.
Aug 1, 2012 10:20 AM

Jun 2008
Vhaeraun said:
kaimax said:
webkid94 said:

Unless I'm remembering wrong, Morning Dew Girl takes place during the main story so if they're going chronologically, they'll throw that in near the end of the main arc.

Yeah, I was just listing the side stories without regarding the timeline too much.

Aug 1, 2012 11:17 AM

Feb 2008
kaimax said:
Vhaeraun said:
kaimax said:
webkid94 said:

Yeah, I was just listing the side stories without regarding the timeline too much.

They will most likely not adapt Sound of Water, Sound of Hammer
Aug 1, 2012 12:38 PM

Jul 2011
MrChu said:
HUNTERMAD said:

Hopefully they do

i saw the preview, it seems like they are

also asuna is finally back!!! yataa!! with all these side stories its been a while since we last saw her, dam i miss her
Aug 1, 2012 3:15 PM

Apr 2012
kamikaze_1996 said:
s2012k1993 said:

man i gotta say, reading your argument was really interesting, have you read the Light Novel? because it feels like you know the story and character developments inside out, noticing all that just by watching the episodes where it lacks major unlike the LN is pretty impressive, i couldn't have summed it up better myself and i have been reading the LN carefully.

i would have to agree with all your points, episode 1 was brilliant but the rest of the episodes had noteworthy flaws but still added something to the table and explained something about the characters and SAO so it wasn't that bad, episode 4 i agree had waay too much fanservice, instead of sticking to the material in the LN, they randomly shoved fanservice of silica.

btw in case you haven't read the LN, it explains how silica and pina met in the first stages of SAO and how important pina is to silica and their relationship as friends despite pina not being "real"

The anime like you said failed to portray this and focused only on how she feels about kirito completely disregarding pina and how glad she felt when she obtained the flower and wanting to use the teleport crystal to revive pina sooner but refrained herself because teleportation crystals are extremely expensive and it was only meant to used when you are in danger, also the next town or safe zone was only an hour away "Now I can meet Pina in about an hour at the most---
She hugged her chest, which felt as if it were going to explode, and was just about to cross the bridge---"
-silica (quoted from the LN)

although i liked the way they stayed friends even though they had a massive level difference and wouldn't be able to see each other much, they much pretty much forgot about pina, its just like you said, its like asuna helping kirito to save sachi and kirito forgetting all about sachi when he gets the revival crystal

I did read the first two volumes after watching the third episode. I understand that the second volume was meant to deepen our understanding of Kirito from the first volume, however, the anime intends to directly implement the side stories as part of the main story. No longer are these episode just supplements, but they are crucial to character development. Therefore, the anime needed to take care and maybe even add extra material to incorporate the side stories as part of a coherent tale.

I wasn't all too impressed with the LN's take on this side story, but I understood that it was written to just please the fans. However, the anime decided to air this side story right after the Red-Nosed Reindeer episode and that could have made this episode epic. Instead I was falling asleep watching this episode.
Aug 1, 2012 6:36 PM
Mar 2011
Nidhoeggr said:

How is that even relevant to the argument at hand? Obviously talent is spread to unequal volumes. But just because you can't recreate an object of the same quality doesn't mean you can't critize the quality of the original subject at hand. Criticism is a means to improve oneself, blind fanboyism will only lead to stagnation.
Ad hominem argumention isn't going to get you anywhere.

And correct me if Im wrong, but since when was talent needed to scrape teenage girls' pockets when you have a pretty face and autotune by your side?

You brought Justin Bieber into this, my friend, as well as the Bible - which both can be seen as great works of art if you dont judge them by their covers and take a look on the inside. JB is not my favourite singer either, but Nobody can honestly say he is singing skills are low. He voice is quite something and as a musician, he is hard to beat. But even if you'd deny him that instrumental skills are Phenomenal, no question.
Secondly, you're obviously just another sexist/ byist pricks to think that women love singers just because the guy has good looks. JB would never have made a singing career, had it not been for his Voice. Hm, "What is a voice, sir?" Let me help you out a little! Here:

Idiot Dictionary: "Voice" - 'A little thing singers require to make money when SINGING"'

Now, the only thing I can say truly that you're right about, as well as many others, is that: Yes, with them squeezing in the deaths and sadness he's undergone into only 3 episodes, it does make it hard to relate to this story and emphasize with him. But how all that stuff happens, it's not actually a bad story / story line and You should at least be able to understand that, seeing as though you see yourself as some kind of Anime Encyclopedia. But if you still think this is such a bad show then, fuck off, get the hell out, and go enjoy your "Kono Naka ni Hitori, Imou" and "Muv-Luv Alternative: Total Eclipse", ;) . Maybe you can suck in some "Queen Blade: Rebellion" as well.

Ps - Big words like "Ad hominem", False words like "Fanboyism" and "Long, Hard to Follow, Sentences" will not make you sound more intelligent or even anymore experienced than you are. What it will do is show others that you're trying way to hard to make sure that only a small few will understand you enough, to reply back at your upsetting and fraud words.
Aug 1, 2012 6:43 PM
Sep 2008
what do they do in this show exactly
Aug 1, 2012 7:19 PM

Feb 2012
WhiteBlue said:

Clear the game by reaching the highest floor and defeat the final boss.
HauntingShockAug 1, 2012 7:24 PM
Aug 1, 2012 7:55 PM

Jul 2011
HauntingShock said:
WhiteBlue said:

hahaha, saying it like that is like saying code geass is about a guy who wants to kill his father or death note is about a guy who kills criminals

theres just simply more to it than that
Aug 1, 2012 7:56 PM

Feb 2012
kamikaze_1996 said:
MrChu said:
HUNTERMAD said:

Hopefully they do

also asuna is finally back!!! yataa!! with all these side stories its been a while since we last saw her, dam i miss her

Preview Link?

Edit: Found it didn't see it before :P
Aug 1, 2012 8:10 PM

Feb 2012
kamikaze_1996 said:
HauntingShock said:
WhiteBlue said:

hahaha, saying it like that is like saying code geass is about a guy who wants to kill his father or death note is about a guy who kills criminals

theres just simply more to it than that

lol

But it's the simpliest way to put it :D
Aug 1, 2012 9:26 PM
Jun 2011
MidnightPride said:
kamikaze_1996 said:
MrChu said:
HUNTERMAD said:

Hopefully they do

Preview Link?

Edit: Found it didn't see it before :P
here the link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lz8oNqPi61M&feature=player_embedded
Aug 1, 2012 9:31 PM
May 2012
I love this show but I was kind of disapionted that we still haven't had any cameos or even side discussions of what Asuna is doing, but other than that i love this show it currently has a 10 out of 10 for me.
Aug 1, 2012 10:53 PM

Feb 2012
cameron96 said:
I love this show but I was kind of disapionted that we still haven't had any cameos or even side discussions of what Asuna is doing, but other than that i love this show it currently has a 10 out of 10 for me.

That's to be expected. She wasn't even close to Kirito. And don't worry, next episode, she will be featured :D
Aug 1, 2012 10:58 PM
Oct 2008
cameron96 said:

Yeah shes off to her own little world of soloing like a boss similar to Kirito but don't worry the real stuff begins soon the upcoming side story is actually quite important to the main plot
Aug 1, 2012 11:58 PM

Sep 2010
Its been a long time since I saw a badass character in anime like this.
Aug 2, 2012 3:46 AM
Dec 2011
Over powered character. Way too overpowered.

Whatever rpg that game is it's fked.

Were those level 10 hitting kirito level 70 ?

And what is kirito even doing ? Stop showing off and helping others. Stop being narcistic.

Go kill the last boss already. People are dying while u are showing off feeling good about helping
few people.

And of course another lolicon with underwear and 2 tentacle monsters.

moar ecchi more girls hentai hentai = more profit. more money.
Aug 2, 2012 4:54 AM

Jul 2011
^ their levels would range from 40-55

he is not overpowered, anyone who has been fighting on the front lines most of the time would be able to take down those thugs, thats the difference in level of the people who risk their lives in the dungeons and the people who are in the lower levels

and how is kirito being narcissistic? i doubt you even know what it means considering you can't even spell it, all kirito is doing is hunting down the orange players who was responsible for the deaths of many guilds, by putting an end to them he is saving people who might fall prey to them in the future, he is by no means showing off

right now you are just being a big troll, the only thing i can agree with you on is the tentacle monster thing which was overused in the anime but considering the fact that they are trying to remain faithful to the LN, ecchi scenes will be a rare occurrence so i suppose they wanted to go all out on this episode, literally there's only like 2 ecchi moments including this one that appears in the whole of vol.1+2,
Aug 2, 2012 6:24 AM
Mar 2011
alpatrose said:
Its been a long time since I saw a badass character in anime like this.

You didnt Watch Accel World?? Haru is pretty Badass! And Guilty Crown! Shu Gets Super Cool by the End! Kokoro Connect is also what I would consider Really Good as welll...

I know what you mean though, there are usually Good animes every season, but there Really Good ones are uncommon.

But I can tell you two really good upcomming Animes and 1 Great Movie, To Love-Ru Darkness, Katekyo Hitman Reborn!, and To Aru Majutsu No Index The Movie.
To Love-Ru Darkness will be released this month as an AOD first and then TV series, YAY! And KHR will be coming this year along with a To Aru Matjutsu No Index Movie. Now these all have there share ofBaddass characters in it don't you think?
Aug 2, 2012 6:32 AM
Mar 2011
wigglejelly said:
Over powered character. Way too overpowered.

Whatever rpg that game is it's fked.

Were those level 10 hitting kirito level 70 ?

And what is kirito even doing ? Stop showing off and helping others. Stop being narcistic.

Go kill the last boss already. People are dying while u are showing off feeling good about helping
few people.

And of course another lolicon with underwear and 2 tentacle monsters.

moar ecchi more girls hentai hentai = more profit. more money.

Trust me, it's not overpowered at all considering that your abilities can be levelled up almost infinitely, and because of it being the Grinding Type RPG. If there wasn't such a difference is power between levels the game would get boring really fast. And Remember that the monsters and bosses you fight (the actual Game Plot and whole point of the RPG being to defeat them and make it to lvl 100) at each level are most likely able to dstroy you one hit, so unless you extremely Strong it would be suicide to go against a, say, lvl 50 boss, being only Lvl 50. You probably need to be Lvl 55 at least and have 4 or 5 other Lvl 55 s with you at least.
But, yeah, since the idea of the game was never to fight or defeat other players, it's perfectly alright for there to be such a difference between them.
Aug 2, 2012 7:44 AM

Jul 2011
lol haru and shu were both wimps at the start and then became awesome, while kirito was cool at the start and then became badass but i see where your coming from
Aug 2, 2012 8:10 AM
Feb 2012
kamikaze_1996 said:
lol haru and shu were both wimps at the start and then became awesome, while kirito was cool at the start and then became badass but i see where your coming from

hmm... i can agree with haru, but with shu, when he went into jesus mode, it wasn't that great

but kirito IS badass all the way through lol (at least according to the LN)
Aug 2, 2012 10:19 AM

Feb 2012
kamikaze_1996 said:

Waaiit are we talking guilty crown in SAO or am i missing the joke ._.
Aug 2, 2012 2:34 PM

Apr 2009
T3rm1n4t0r2 said:

You brought Justin Bieber into this, my friend, as well as the Bible - which both can be seen as great works of art if you dont judge them by their covers and take a look on the inside. JB is not my favourite singer either, but Nobody can honestly say he is singing skills are low. He voice is quite something and as a musician, he is hard to beat. But even if you'd deny him that instrumental skills are Phenomenal, no question.
Secondly, you're obviously just another sexist/ byist pricks to think that women love singers just because the guy has good looks. JB would never have made a singing career, had it not been for his Voice. Hm, "What is a voice, sir?" Let me help you out a little! Here:

Idiot Dictionary: "Voice" - 'A little thing singers require to make money when SINGING"'

Now, the only thing I can say truly that you're right about, as well as many others, is that: Yes, with them squeezing in the deaths and sadness he's undergone into only 3 episodes, it does make it hard to relate to this story and emphasize with him. But how all that stuff happens, it's not actually a bad story / story line and You should at least be able to understand that, seeing as though you see yourself as some kind of Anime Encyclopedia. But if you still think this is such a bad show then, fuck off, get the hell out, and go enjoy your "Kono Naka ni Hitori, Imou" and "Muv-Luv Alternative: Total Eclipse", ;) . Maybe you can suck in some "Queen Blade: Rebellion" as well.

Ps - Big words like "Ad hominem", False words like "Fanboyism" and "Long, Hard to Follow, Sentences" will not make you sound more intelligent or even anymore experienced than you are. What it will do is show others that you're trying way to hard to make sure that only a small few will understand you enough, to reply back at your upsetting and fraud words.

Your name is in l33tsp3aK (so cool), you call simple phrases such as ad hominem "big words" and deny that fanboyism exists? No use arguing with you, chances are you won't get what I tell you anyway.
However, I admit defeat. I am too old to explain even basic concept to a brick wall. Enjoy SAO and while we're at it...watch Guilty Crown, Muv-Luv and Horizon as well. They belong in the same ategory , after all.

And to the other person who replied to me: Yes, I try to be a completionist.
NidhoeggrAug 2, 2012 2:41 PM
Pages (14) « First ... « 8 9 [10] 11 12 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » What is your favorite op?

infinite_Shadows - Oct 6

27 by MeguSae38 »»
11 hours ago

Poll: » is it just me, or do you guys also like asuna a lot? ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Sep 25

77 by naceale2019 »»
Oct 16, 4:53 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

bippo - Dec 22, 2012

1447 by thugnation1337 »»
Oct 6, 6:26 AM

» Happy birthday Asuna!

TASM18 - Sep 30

34 by hazecloud »»
Oct 4, 6:44 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 8, 2012

1271 by Boopry »»
Oct 2, 1:47 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.