Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Another (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 »
Mar 9, 2012 2:47 PM

Mar 2010
LisNoir said:
Of course, he had to mess up the tape just when the important part was coming up...
I don't know why, but I have a feeling the kid who is going to try and fix it, will be the next one to die.
Agreed *nods*

This episode is so good ~ It's a right decision to watch it alone at 2AM in a pitch dark room hehehehe xD

Mar 9, 2012 4:32 PM

Oct 2010
TBOkmph said:
Atikal said:
SPOILER ALERT!!!!

a hint as to who the dead person is....?

resembles....?

Just because they're both asians with glasses? That's so racist of you *joking*
I don't know, can the another be someone who died so long ago? I thought it was supposed to be one of the deaths of the last year.

Anyway, that's possible... That guy has been away for a while hasn't him? It seems things won't be settle by the tape, but by findining out in the very end who the another is (well maybe the the tape will tip them to that). So we'll probably figure that out soon...

wait... that guy died? When?
Mar 9, 2012 4:40 PM

Oct 2010
cielleia said:
TheGrey said:
Just a thought but, isn't it possible that not all the deaths were caused by the phenomenon? For all we know, there might be some psycho running around killing people.

Have you read the novel ?

where can i read the novel?
Mar 9, 2012 6:09 PM

Jan 2012
Nasty001 said:
RIP list update

1st 4 eyes girl
2nd Nurse
3rd the whilstle blower
4th the teacher
5th, some dude with car sickness
6th the short haired girl
7th the soaking girl's brother
8th who'll be next?

Only 3 more episodes to go.

3 episodes to go ? Means minimum of 3 people will die. At least 3 :)
Actually glad that nepal is facing disaster
Mar 9, 2012 8:32 PM

Dec 2011
Damn it! I was watching it tonight and alone.
That dream part I freaked out.
Mar 9, 2012 8:55 PM

May 2010
subafaxer said:
Nasty001 said:
RIP list update

1st 4 eyes girl
2nd Nurse
3rd the whilstle blower
4th the teacher
5th, some dude with car sickness
6th the short haired girl
7th the soaking girl's brother
8th who'll be next?

Only 3 more episodes to go.

3 episodes to go ? Means minimum of 3 people will die. At least 3 :)

someone's not counting the mother of 1st and the parents of 6th again.
petalshredsMar 9, 2012 10:09 PM
Mar 9, 2012 10:04 PM

Oct 2008
Misuryu said:
That rock gave me a fucking heart attack.
Mar 9, 2012 11:48 PM

Jan 2011
Gogetters said:
Another = Final Destination: The Animation

They actually die cleanly in this without being able to cheat death at all though.
Another has managed to be a nice flowing experience with horror that isn't forced onto you like most other titles would try to do to you.
Mar 10, 2012 4:15 AM

Jun 2011
Now this was one hell of a cheap episode. Nothing but cheap, expectable tricks to scare us. They messed up the tape right before "the important part"? Yeah, like we didn't see that one coming...

And the lightning strike was a laugh - like you could still stand and be fine when a lightning strikes a few feet in front of you...

This episode was way below the average level of an Another ep!
Mar 10, 2012 7:23 AM

Feb 2012
Kurisu666 said:
And the lightning strike was a laugh - like you could still stand and be fine when a lightning strikes a few feet in front of you...

And, unfortunately, we all knew the lightning strike was coming because of last episode's preview, so it wasn't remotely surprising.
Mar 10, 2012 11:31 AM
Dec 2007
Hakuromatsu said:
Kurisu666 said:

And, unfortunately, we all knew the lightning strike was coming because of last episode's preview, so it wasn't remotely surprising.
People have survived direct lightning strikes, I'm willing to let that one slide. Lightning is very misunderstood.

Mar 10, 2012 12:36 PM

Jun 2011
Hakuromatsu said:

That's what you get when you're watching previews, so I guess that's actually your fault :p
Leon-Gun said:
People have survived direct lightning strikes, I'm willing to let that one slide. Lightning is very misunderstood.

While what you've said is true, I'll keep my opinion that a lightning strike at such distance would blind and deafen a person for tens of seconds/minutes at the very least. It's just the way that many shows treat physics (and common sense!), like we were all idiots and would actually believe in all they put into their episodes...

Anyway, let us hope that the 3 final episodes will feature something unexpected and scary (or surprisingly simple - I'm in for that kind of surprise as well).
Mar 10, 2012 2:19 PM
Dec 2007
Kurisu666 said:

While what you've said is true, I'll keep my opinion that a lightning strike at such distance would blind and deafen a person for tens of seconds/minutes at the very least. It's just the way that many shows treat physics (and common sense!), like we were all idiots and would actually believe in all they put into their episodes...
I agree with that but a common man's knowledge of physics and science in general is actually pretty small, that's why they themselves don't research or try to make it as real as possible. They go for the most impacting ussually. Personally, I'm surprised they didn't make the person near him get thrown back and possibly flung down the mountain slopes (creating more deaths).

I get why some people would get mad at the blatant disregard of realistic physics and such in most shows but I tend to just roll with it, in that regard at least. Kinda like how I don't get too hung up with all the space shows where the characters basically have self-propulsion somehow or manage to stick to ships without getting flung into deep space.

Mar 10, 2012 3:43 PM

Nov 2011
Of course they break the tape at the most important part.... Very nice episode. I hope this doesn't end up like Hamlet.'

"And then everyone died. The end."
Mar 10, 2012 5:11 PM
Jun 2008
I thought almost 24,000 people died each year due to lighting strike ...
Mar 10, 2012 7:06 PM
Mar 2012
Just rewatched the 1st episode and realized some stuff.
It showed all the method the current 3rd class student dies...
with the exception of a couple like there's a fire and whats up with the dam

also Mei is there but she has 2 regular eyes o.o
but towards the end of the story her left eye suddenly gets big as if she
saw something...

Also my prediction for next episode is Mochizuki fixes the tape and he listens
and he finds out what it is (but of course this anime trolls us and not let us know what he heard) and he tries to tell like Sakakibara or someone and while getting to them
he dies. also it seems like the person dies in like a forest kinda resembles the mountain where the shrine is, So maybe Mochi tells everyone to go the shrine because he found out but then he dies on the way.. =X

wahhhh cant wait for next episode
Mar 10, 2012 7:42 PM

Feb 2012
Kurisu666 said:
Hakuromatsu said:

That's what you get when you're watching previews, so I guess that's actually your fault :p

But I love the episode preview music! ^_^
Mar 11, 2012 12:24 AM

Nov 2011
poochisuu said:
Misuryu said:

A fine episode, we all knew they didn't run into the two girls for no reason. What bothered me though was the stopping of the tape; the trope of an important message getting cut off is so over done that it no longer generates more suspense...it makes you go "oh, old trick again."

And really, how big would the consequences have been if the teacher discovered the four of them there?

Teacher: what are you children doing here, you aren't allowed in here!
Group: We're just, y'know, trying to save lives?
Teacher: Sounds legit.
Mar 11, 2012 12:09 PM
Jul 2010
cause opening the lid and taking out the tape was easier than pressing the stop button!
Mar 12, 2012 11:32 AM

Aug 2008
I've never been more frustrated with a character. baka Teshigawara D:
Mar 12, 2012 4:44 PM

Sep 2010
I knew something would happen before they finished hearing the tape...
"If you can eliminate all the other choices, the remaining choice, no matter how improbable, it is the answer."- Sherlock Holmes
Mar 12, 2012 11:56 PM

Jul 2007
ampzz said:
Gogetters said:
Another = Final Destination: The Animation

They actually die cleanly in this without being able to cheat death at all though.
Another has managed to be a nice flowing experience with horror that isn't forced onto you like most other titles would try to do to you.

The horror is completely forced on you, and most can actually predict when someone's going to die because the show makes it so obvious. And then the deaths are just stupid.

I stand by Gogetters' original comment.
きみ は だれ だい?
ぼく は ラムボ!
ぼく は だれ だい?
きみ は ラムボ!
ラムボ なんでし!
Mar 13, 2012 6:19 AM

Oct 2010
Dat lightning strike made me jump.

Tumblr |  Anime List | 🌷🌼

Mar 13, 2012 4:22 PM

Aug 2011
Jesus christ, the lightning and the rock smash made me jump too.

So many deaths in this episode and the damn tape just had to break at that point didn't it.
Mar 14, 2012 7:58 AM

Sep 2010
Misuryu said:
This.

And why that clichéd broken tape trick? I'm expecting that it will be fixed next ep, but only for a bit, so they probably will only hear the important part or the thing that he wanted to confess. (he still didn't do that he only told the prologue of it if I'm right)
Also they really should stop the spoilers in the preview.
Mar 14, 2012 3:15 PM

May 2011
Godamnit idiot he broke the tape :( What happened at the bottom of the mountain!!!?!one111! And Mei just doesn't fit making any jokes whatsoever.

Ouch that girls brother died while that other girl along with her parents just got wiped out. 4 Deaths in one episode wow... not to mention those two flashback deaths.
Misuryu said:
That rock and lightning both gave me a fucking heart attack.
Fix'd
Mar 16, 2012 8:13 PM

Nov 2007
just knew someone or multiple was gonna die. figuring those girls and Mochizuki were the most likely.

the tape getting messed up was not cool. leaving us hanging like t hat.

oh of course one girl dies and the other ones brother.

Mei is still way too suspicious.
Mar 23, 2012 1:14 PM

Jun 2008
I knew the idiots will ruin the freaking tape and i was astonished by how calm they where about it. I would be kind of pissed.

Deaths are really escalating now.
Mar 25, 2012 1:12 AM

Feb 2011
That rock hitting the car was wtf. And when the car just fell off without anysort of effects gave me a blank 'Wut' expression. Mei was a heart stopper, especially when she put on that flower.

And I was totally going "come on, Come on, COME ON" when the tape started playing and it was just about to say the important part. Then when the idiot broke it, I went "FUUUUUUCCCCKK" and fully raged at the screen.

I think this is the first horror series I have ever seen and I must say this successfully got me interested in this genre. What with all the psychological stuff and shit.
Mar 25, 2012 3:16 AM

Apr 2009
It's quite unusual how that girl bid Kouichi sayonara, which is only really used when you don't expect to see someone again after a long time, or at all. It came to serve as her death flag to me. Now even those whose names haven't even been introduced yet are also dying. That doesn't seem to be a good thing.

Kouichi's nightmares, are they significant or just a red herring? The lightning was okay, but that rock startled me. That girl's brother's death was quite an absurd way to go, definitely another "freak accident" by outside standards.

Well, that was nice going with the tape. It has to be fixed/its secrets revealed one way or another, or the entire ruckus regarding it will turn out to be just a waste of time.
Mar 25, 2012 8:22 PM

Aug 2011
*Note to self move computer away from windowed area*
of course the tape would not work it was good too. love how they did that, a tape being played is a classic in any horror movie, show, game etc.

kinda expected those girls to die though since they showed them. but a great episode yet again. seeing all the dead people again was kinda cool especially the nurse :O
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 28, 2012 12:29 AM

Mar 2009
Damn, I just knew they wouldn't be able to hear the important part.
Mar 29, 2012 11:20 PM

Mar 2011
Tape scene was pretty predictable, but I wasn't expecting all those people to die.
Mar 30, 2012 8:18 PM
Oct 2009
That was so intense. But why must there be an interruption during the most important part? Reminds me of those horror movies. XD
The window, the window shopping! Hooo!
Mar 30, 2012 11:53 PM

Sep 2011
LOL what the fk is going on? -.-" So curious what the explanation is going to be for the cause. =p
Apr 2, 2012 6:37 PM

Jun 2011
This just keeps getting better and better.
Apr 4, 2012 5:47 AM

Jul 2009
Nice job, thats what happens when the cd/mp3 generation finds an old fashioned tape *sigh*

That NEET was a bro. Holding your mouse even after death - RESPECT!

NEED MOAR MEI!
Apr 9, 2012 7:53 PM

May 2008
Sht . I somehow knew that a rock would come down and hit the car. I thought one of the two girls would be affected though . It seems they both are. Sigh that really sucks .

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Apr 14, 2012 7:18 AM

Dec 2009
Cirris said:
T With so many people dieing from the class every year you'd think the curse would be a national phenomena story. That it would be as closely scrutinized by scholar and enthusiasts as the Bermuda Triangle.

Exactly! i loved the episode though. I knew once Kouichi talked to those girls they would be next.

code geass s2 : darker than black : free! es :
haikyuu!! : inaire : kurobas 2 : mikagura : znt
animemanga

Apr 20, 2012 8:29 AM

Mar 2012
Deaths starts to become like the deaths in Final Destination LOL.

Anyway good episode as usual...
Apr 21, 2012 6:37 AM

Nov 2011
Just a bunch of coincidences I'm sure.

"I like to expose what people hide. I'm an intellectual rapist." - Furudo Erika
Apr 22, 2012 3:13 AM

Apr 2012
How did I know they were gonna change it and listen in the creepy abandoned building XD. And of COURSE he breaks the tape. That was unnecessary lD but I guess it's suspense for those who don't know.

Since they're killing random people who I don't even remember from the manga, I'm nervous about even people who lived in the manga dying...

I keep thinking Mochizuki will be next.
Apr 22, 2012 4:16 AM

Oct 2009
Hakuromatsu said:

- Chibiki is lying, or at the very least not what he seems. The revelation that he is the drama club advisor -- and evidently a competent actor -- must be significant; it wasn't played up enough to be a red herring and no mystery scriptwriter would drop a superfluous detail like that.

Something like that.

Misuryu said:

I had two only from that lightning.
あらあら。。。
Apr 22, 2012 4:17 AM

Oct 2009
DarkShards said:
Just a bunch of coincidences I'm sure.

Very could be.
あらあら。。。
Apr 28, 2012 6:50 PM

Apr 2011
Isn't this the first time several people died in one episode? LOL, gotta squeeze in all those deaths in twelve episodes I guess.
May 23, 2012 6:43 AM

Apr 2009
Well I have to say that this episode managed to keep me at the edge of my seat o.o And God DAMN, when that rock hit...
- If you believe this place holds you, it is a prison.
If you do not wish to leave, it will become a fortress.

Current icon:
Kusuriuri from Mononoke
by pana (LJ username)
Jun 26, 2012 3:57 PM

Feb 2009
Not this is thriller done good! Very suspenseful moments, my favorite episode so far.
Jun 28, 2012 8:26 PM

Jan 2012
Was Mr. Ohba a reference to Death Note mysteries since he was a detective?
Jun 28, 2012 8:52 PM

Jan 2012
I was just looking at the road sign and BAM, THE ROCK ALMOST MADE ME FALL OUT OF MY CHAIR!
Jul 13, 2012 8:11 PM

May 2009
Oh my god this was the worse.

Such a good anime. It is mind-blowing.

Sometimes I can hear my bones straining under the weight of all the lives I'm not living.

Pages (8) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Another Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Sir_Lexa - Jan 30, 2012

538 by 0ddi_ »»
May 23, 12:41 AM

Poll: » Another Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2012

1043 by NoviSun »»
May 21, 7:12 PM

Poll: » Another Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

CuriousThing - Feb 20, 2012

372 by BertBert »»
May 21, 5:03 PM

Poll: » Another Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

MrSteeel - Jan 23, 2012

666 by BertBert »»
May 21, 3:20 PM

Poll: » Another Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ilikeyouevenmore - Jan 16, 2012

383 by BertBert »»
May 21, 2:53 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.