Forum Settings
Forums
New
How do you treat your anime watching status?
SUPER SECRET, not even all my closest friends/family know i watch
6.3%
I don't talk about it, but some people know
35.4%
I'll talk about it sometimes, and tell people i like it
44.6%
Flaunt the fact that i'm a fan, and let anyone and everyone know
13.7%
585 votes
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Jun 20, 2008 11:45 PM

Jan 2008
wow, i'm in the extreme minority of only 2.78% of the votes so far, yet another sign that i'm a super secret anime watcher, some of my newer friends were talking about anime (i don't even know how the conversation led to that) and they said they didn't really like it, sort of bashing it, but i couldn't even say a word about it :/
Jun 20, 2008 11:48 PM

May 2008
I will tell some of my friends about it, but not all of them. just the ones that I feel might be interested really. other than that, I dont intentionally hide the fact that I like anime but not all my family knows because I dont exactly have the kind of room that would spell it out (no anime poster, figures, etc.).
Jun 21, 2008 12:13 AM

Feb 2008
I always wear a necklace with a few anime things on it so people know about it at that point.
But usually I wont start a conversation on anime because if someone here actually does watch it, the first thing they say is " Lyke omg didn't you just love adult swimmm???"
This bothers me.
Otherwise I'm completely open, and don't see the need to hide anything.
Jun 29, 2008 8:25 PM

Jun 2008
well my friends and family know. the cool thing is that all my friends like
anime. but i dont act like a otaku. i do have a life besides anime.
but i still luv anime. i have two lives. and anime is one of them.

By: Gasara @ DeviantArt.com <3
Jun 30, 2008 12:33 AM

Jan 2008
I don't really talk about it much around my friends unless im asked about it. Only about 2 of my other friends in school "openly" watch anime to my knowledge.
But ye, my close friends and family know but I dont deny it if asked by anyone.

Jun 30, 2008 3:25 AM

Mar 2008
Reaverr said:
I don't really talk about it much around my friends unless im asked about it. Only about 2 of my other friends in school "openly" watch anime to my knowledge.

I didn't know I had a clone!
Jun 30, 2008 3:32 AM

Dec 2007
Arthur_the_51st said:
Reaverr said:

I didn't know I had a clone!

Yeah, basically the same.
Moderator Edit: signature deleted. <-- Ya rly.
Jun 30, 2008 3:47 AM

Feb 2008
Luckily I have a group of about 8 people who are also avid anime watchers that I'm friends with so I never feel the need to hide it.
I've never been bullied about it either, people are generally interested because over here it's seen as something different and out of the ordinary.
Jun 30, 2008 6:59 AM

Apr 2008
Only 'secret' in the sense that I haven't bothered to tell anyone. To me, it's just another interest of mine.
Jun 30, 2008 9:37 AM

Oct 2007
Once, there was a lazy day in my government class at school when the students just sat in the classroom talking and some guys started showing Youtube videos from a projector with surround system speakers. So I pulled up the opening to Kyouran Kazoku Nikki and played it in front of everyone at semi-high volume. In case you've never seen it, it's this:

???

meh, so I'm pretty much okay with openly showing that I like anime.
Jun 30, 2008 2:53 PM

Mar 2008
OverChasm said:
Once, there was a lazy day in my government class at school when the students just sat in the classroom talking and some guys started showing Youtube videos from a projector with surround system speakers. So I pulled up the opening to Kyouran Kazoku Nikki and played it in front of everyone at semi-high volume. In case you've never seen it, it's this:

???

Brave guy! :D

I wouldn't play something like that in public , way too different.
ZailJul 1, 2008 7:21 AM
Jun 30, 2008 6:21 PM

Jul 2007
Zail said:
OverChasm said:

???

Brave guy! :D

I wouldn't play something like that in public , way to different.

true, i'd feel akward doing that. anime is really a personal hobby of mine, not really secret (i just like it watch it alone). i'd only feel comfortable watching it with a really close friend if i had to watch with anyone.

Jul 1, 2008 4:30 AM

Dec 2007
OverChasm said:

???

That was heroic. You could make it worse by playing an episode of Night Shift Nurses. Anyhow, this'll do :3
Jul 1, 2008 4:37 AM

Jun 2008
Well, my friends usually don't give me time of day to even explain it, so I gave up on them some time ago, except one. She's awesome, I got her into fruits basket because she was over once and I was reading a different manga and she grabbed my fruits basket and started reading it. But other than that, I don't really mind what people think. I used to, but I gave up. I decided that hell, I'll just let them know that I like it and let them classify me any way they want, but it wouldn't change my feelings about anything.
Jul 1, 2008 5:34 AM

May 2008
Well, my closest friends know more about it. They think I'm a complete freak....T_T Other than them though, everybody else thinks I'm just another "ordinary" classmate.
Jul 1, 2008 5:44 AM

Feb 2008
OverChasm said:

I played the whole Timotei thing to a bunch of friends in the ICT class. Everyone thought it was hilarious.
Jul 1, 2008 5:46 AM

May 2008
I seem to have the same attitude towards it as alot of people on here. If i hear someone talk about anime i'll be sure to strike up conversation with them or if we're discussing something where i think it's relevant i'll discuss it also. I don't flaunt it or hide it! It's just another one of my many hobbies!
Jul 1, 2008 11:09 AM
Jul 2018
lol. I flaunt the fact that I am a fan.
Jul 1, 2008 12:40 PM

Feb 2008
Well I don't bother people with it if they are not into it but if a person asks me I say yes. I only don't tell people in person that I read guro because they would think I'm a freak haha.
Jul 1, 2008 12:43 PM

Dec 2007
Burek said:
Well I don't bother people with it if they are not into it but if a person asks me I say yes. I only don't tell people in person that I read guro because they would think I'm a freak haha.

You just did it in public xD
Jul 1, 2008 1:19 PM

Feb 2008
Chavez said:
Burek said:

You just did it in public xD

I know but it's the internet so I don't care. :D
Jul 7, 2008 6:18 AM

Jun 2008
I would never hide that I love anime! I would shout it out on the highest mountain! lol.
Jul 11, 2008 11:12 AM

Dec 2007
All of my friends know that I'm an anime freak >___>
That's probably why I don't have many around...LOL! XD
Jul 11, 2008 11:37 AM

Aug 2007
I really don't mind if someone knows I watch anime. Heck, I even put my favorite anime series on my "About Me" poster for English.
Jul 11, 2008 1:26 PM

Jun 2008
i tend not to talk about it, keep it to myself but if some1 asks i'll say yes and nothing more... usually when they see my desktop is how i decide if they say of you like that show too then i know they watch anime if they look at it and say nothing or are like wtf is that i just let it go...

First Sig built from scratch 2nd overall^^^
Jul 11, 2008 1:32 PM

Apr 2008
I like drawing. One time, I was doodling on one of my papers at school, and a classmate of mine was all, "Oh, you draw anime?" I was more embarrassed that I should have been. D':

It really depends. I keep my Myspace mostly anime-free, but I join hella groups. xD;;

I love anime and talking about it, but the thing is, I don't really want to be put into a group, you know? At MY school, an anime fan automatically equals a Naruto fan, so I like to keep it on the downlow.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 13, 2008 9:08 PM

Jul 2007
ummyeah said:
I love anime and talking about it, but the thing is, I don't really want to be put into a group, you know? At MY school, an anime fan automatically equals a Naruto fan, so I like to keep it on the downlow.

true that yo, truuueee that.

Jul 13, 2008 9:22 PM

Mar 2008
I personally don't hide it, why should I, but I don't really bring it up in a conversation unless someone mentions something anime related to me or asks me if I like it. But most people would be able to tell if they saw my art, you can see the influence that anime has had in my drawings. Anyways though, I won't deny what I love =)

Jul 13, 2008 9:27 PM

Jul 2008
Yeah not alot of people know im into anime and manga ... My friends aren't really acepting tword that stuff. But I do love the friends that are haha

-Kollin; from archuletafans.com
Jul 13, 2008 9:29 PM

Jul 2008
Ruishinto said:
I personally don't hide it, why should I, but I don't really bring it up in a conversation unless someone mentions something anime related to me or asks me if I like it. But most people would be able to tell if they saw my art, you can see the influence that anime has had in my drawings. Anyways though, I won't deny what I love =)

I don't hide it , It's just my friends feel uncomfortable about the subject

Jul 13, 2008 9:30 PM

Jun 2008
i sooo have to hide it!~~
they would be like 'you werido' if i mention anything about anime >_<

"If you're going my way, I'll walk with you."
Jul 13, 2008 9:31 PM
Apr 2008
I just watch anime and if people find out i watch anime=w/e haha i m just being me ;)
Jul 13, 2008 9:33 PM

Jul 2008
Well I love my friends and they love me and I try to get them into it but they just aren't and I recpect that. No matter how much I love anime I can't force my personal oppinion on others around me

Jul 13, 2008 9:37 PM

Mar 2008
I used to tell my family I watch it but then i had to explain over and over what it is...so now I just keep it to myself.
Jul 13, 2008 9:45 PM

Jul 2008
haha I feel your pain !

Jul 13, 2008 10:10 PM

Dec 2007
i ordered moar figures :D
Jul 13, 2008 10:26 PM

May 2008
I don't hide it, but I definitely don't flaunt the fact that I watch anime. Also, I generally won't talk about it unless I know the other person watches it too, or if they bring it up first.
Jul 14, 2008 12:35 AM

Jul 2008
I only tell I watch it if someone asks me. Otherwise, I'd rather keep it to myself, because most of my IRL friends knowledge is limited to Naruto *sigh*
Jul 14, 2008 12:57 AM

May 2007
My family knows, but none of my friends do. They just never bring the subject up, so I don't either. I'd probably deny it on the off chance that one of them did bring it up, though.

❝goodbyes are always hard, no matter how you might try to make them easier.❞

Jul 14, 2008 1:21 AM

Feb 2008
Yowane said:
My family knows, but none of my friends do. They just never bring the subject up, so I don't either. I'd probably deny it on the off chance that one of them did bring it up, though.

It's almost the exact opposite here. My family doesn't really know, though I tend to end up getting my friends into it. My best friend is a huge fan of NieA_7 now. I kinda wonder what they think when they come in my room and see all my wall scrolls, posters, magazine cutouts...they probably just think it's decoration but nope it's 'cause I'm a real otaku. But for the most part I am content just watching it by myself and not talking about it.
Jul 14, 2008 5:32 AM

Apr 2008
In VL, almost everyone knows i'm watching anime, but in RL i'm trying to keep it a secret. one of my fellow students knows, but only because he was the one who started talking about it. My brother knows, too, but just the fact that i've heard the word "anime" and seen some of it. I guess I would confess if my friends would confront me, but I would deny everything if my mother would. Whatever your opinion might be, if she does not agree, she never will and she will make you feel bad about it
Jul 14, 2008 5:35 AM

Jun 2008
I'm a fan, fuck what anyone else thinks.
Jul 14, 2008 11:05 AM

Jul 2008
My parents know, my close friends know, but I don't usually talk about it. Some other people know my favourites (I have a shirt or two), but I keep it to myself.
Jul 14, 2008 11:15 AM

Jul 2008
I talk about anime to my friends and if I meet some one who likes anime I'll talk to them and I have a Naruto shirt but that's it.
Jul 14, 2008 11:33 AM

Jun 2008
I'll mention in conversation maybe, if it has warrant, but other than that, I only talk about anime with my friends who have watched the same series as me.
I'm back.
Jul 14, 2008 12:05 PM

Apr 2008
I talk to the my friends that I know are intrested and discuss animes and stuff...
and then I have a friend who HATES Japan-fanboys but likes some anime and he's pretty intresting to discuss with too haha...
Jul 14, 2008 6:26 PM

Jun 2008
I don't talk about it that much but pretty much everyone knows since I have 5 Anime Boston shirts.
Jul 15, 2008 4:29 AM
Jul 2008
hehe, I did keep it a secret for my family tho they know now, i got into anime by my friends.
ZiphJul 15, 2008 6:15 AM
Jul 15, 2008 4:58 AM

Dec 2007
JTSlayer said:
I'm a fan, fuck what anyone else thinks.

Bullseye. That's the spirit.
Jul 15, 2008 5:09 AM

Jul 2008
My friends know that I watch Anime even my parents though my Parents think I'm Childish -_- but I never care what people think of me anyway
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Sticky: » The Current Events Board Will Be Closed on Friday JST ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Aug 2, 2021

272 by traed »»
Aug 5, 2021 5:56 PM

» Third shot of Sinovac COVID-19 vaccine offers big increase in antibody levels: study ( 1 2 )

Desolated - Jul 30, 2021

50 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:24 PM

» Western vaccine producers engage in shameless profiteering while poorer countries are supplied mainly by China.

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

1 by Bourmegar »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:23 PM

» NLRB officer says Amazon violated US labor law

Desolated - Aug 3, 2021

17 by kitsune0 »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:41 PM

» China Backs Cuba in Saying US Should Apply Sanctions To Itself

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

10 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.