Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Dec 4, 2011 9:13 PM

Jan 2011
But even then, like you said that wasn't even that bad. I was just saying that's where the debate started. But it wasn't much....

Here is where the debate got intense...and what I meant about how saying people's opinion isn't right is what starts debates.

http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=371407&show=80#msg12541989
Dec 4, 2011 9:14 PM

Jan 2009
.... You know, after the Kyo sisters were introduced at the end of the 8th episode, I thought that we were going to see them in a ben-to fight this episode and have them as the new antagonists. When we get to the meeting between Ume and the Kyo sisters, however, I thought that they were going to team up and become the new antagonists.

Guess what? Never happened and it doesn't seem like its going to either. This means that this entire episode was a colossal waste of time and it didn't do anything to further the plot or make me interested in the one that's coming next week. Hell, at least last episode showed us that the Kyo sisters were good at Ben-to fights...

Btw, when will Asebi become a regular in Ben-to fights? She was actually (inadvertently) doing good in the pool episode even though she didn't get a Ben-to and having her in there would make the fights much more absurd and entertaining.

All-in-all, I'm fine with fanservice... as long as the entire episode doesn't revolve around it. We had better see some plot deveolpment next episode.

Final note: No Ben-to fights this week either. What the hell!?
Dec 4, 2011 9:27 PM

Mar 2008
Tenchi_Ryu said:
But even then, like you said that wasn't even that bad. I was just saying that's where the debate started. But it wasn't much....

Here is where the debate got intense...and what I meant about how saying people's opinion isn't right is what starts debates.

I don't see how he said anyone's opinions are wrong. He basically said just what I said in that there's no need to constantly repeat the same opinion over and over again because most people understand you don't like the character/episode after saying it once. I guess he did tell you to calm down and not take it seriously which you said you don't like, but don't many people say that in an attempt to stop the argument before it escalates? Not to mention that person admitted himself that he doesn't like Ume, so I don't think it's really fair to pin all the blame on the Ume fans.

Dec 4, 2011 9:32 PM

Jan 2009
HomuraIsMyWaifu said:
Tenchi_Ryu said:

I don't see how he said anyone's opinions are wrong. He basically said just what I said in that there's no need to constantly repeat the same opinion over and over again because most people understand you don't like the character/episode after saying it once. I guess he did tell you to calm down and not take it seriously which you said you don't like, but don't many people say that in an attempt to stop the argument before it escalates? Not to mention that person admitted himself that he doesn't like Ume, so I don't think it's really fair to pin all the blame on the Ume fans.

Can you guys take this debate somewhere else?
Dec 5, 2011 12:02 AM

Jun 2011
I used to love this but im starting to dislike the series more and more, i wasn't into it in the beggining for the fan service, but for the fights and ben-tos, i'm sort of bummed that there hasn't been much going on....

Asebi is so cute

and i don't really hate ume either, i just dont get why sato doesn't slap her back
KeizDec 5, 2011 2:58 AM
Dec 5, 2011 2:40 AM

May 2010
Wierdest & worst episode of this show so far.Their was no plot,what is with Ume & her violence.Sato can easily block her attacks but he doesn't tries to do it because she is a girl.She is the only character I don't like,even though if it just for comedy & whats with yuri in this episode.Don't tell me that Oshiroi likes Ume if that is the case then I don't want to watch this anymore.

4/10
Dec 5, 2011 2:43 AM

May 2010
Thalandor46 said:
I've never really felt the Ume hate at any point in the series. I wouldn't say she's my favorite character, but I think she fits right in with the rest of the ridiculous cast. I find both her obsession with Oshiroi and her jealous over the top hatred of Satou to be plenty amusing. Plus I thought she was pretty bad ass in the student council meeting. I honestly can't wait to see her fight Satou as a wolf.

That scene with the student council meeting was the only likable one btw.
Dec 5, 2011 2:49 AM
Jun 2008
wow... 6 page just about Ume.
So many criticism on this ecchi comedy series,I don't know should I laugh because of the Anime or the forum.This is like criticizing why the clown's nose is red and have big foot walking like an idiot.
Dec 5, 2011 5:25 AM

Oct 2008
haha well this was way better than the last episode which somehow was more pointless and dull than this one. at least this one had some hilarious moments, whereas the last one was just tiring - those student council sisters are annoying as hell
Dec 5, 2011 5:37 AM

Nov 2010
WE ARE SICK AND TIRED OF GIRLS LIKE UME POPPING UP IN EVERY SERIES WE WATCH!

If you hate your life Ume that's fine go and get hit by a car, don't interfere with my entertainment.

Dec 5, 2011 6:00 AM

Aug 2011
LMAO, at Shaga and her little branches.
Another lmao when Sato was eating the bento that cursed chick made for him. He didn't even know what he was eating anymore lol. Atleast he had shaga's charm before he ate it, or else something even worse coudl've happened ^w^

Shiraume has such a HOT BOD! :D

And that perverted guy (the fat one) is so weird >.>
Dec 5, 2011 8:12 AM
Apr 2011
HollowIchigo58 said:
Hoppy said:
HollowIchigo58 said:
I hated this episode and this anime is really asking for 6 rating, because im getting sick and tired of that Ume bitch, also I don't find the plot very interesting.

Ume is pretty up there in my hated characters list, You doesn't deserve the punishment she dishes out and really BL is for females anyway she should be more inclined to read them since she don't like men. I don't mind the yuri and yandere act, it almost netted hot sex, it's making You go through hell for no good reason is what annoys me to death.
Thank you god some one agree's with me and it annoys me to death also and sexist stuff against guys that's why this anime is asking for a 5 or 6 rating for me. Now Boku Wa Tomodachi Ga Sukunai, Maji De Watashi Ni Koi Shinasai!, Mashiroiro Symphony: The Color of Lovers and Maken-ki im really enjoying a lot and I can't for the new Infinite Stratos OVA this Wednesday.

harem sucks -_-
Dec 5, 2011 10:04 AM

Mar 2008
Meomix said:
WE ARE SICK AND TIRED OF GIRLS LIKE UME POPPING UP IN EVERY SERIES WE WATCH!

If you hate your life Ume that's fine go and get hit by a car, don't interfere with my entertainment.

Speak for yourself. I enjoy every moment Ume pops up. and what do you mean "girls like Ume popping up in every series we watch"? In what other series is there an Ume? I also didn't see any implications that Ume hates her life. Where did you get that from?

Dec 5, 2011 11:19 AM

Dec 2009
This was by far the worst episode of Ben-To that I have seen.. WHy did we get an Ume episode. That stupid bitch has been off my screen for so long that I was pissing rainbows.

This whole episode was stupid. Except for Asebi, aaw she's soo cute.

The only thing we get is of course Ume beating Satou up for no reason whatsoever. then we get a stupid yuri scene where Ume tries to rape poor Oshiroi.... God damnit Ben-To! Why did you ruin my day -_-'
Dec 5, 2011 12:01 PM
Jul 2011
Siva said:
How can people hate her way of twisting the fact and logic?

I guess some people just want to see a show about 5 mindless girls saying "I love you, Yamato." every freaking damn second in every freaking episode, and call it a good show with many great characters.

Having a show with I LOVE YOU YAMATO would be bad as well, but Ume isn't a normal character that hits you for no reason. She has the unusual thing about her, that makes her come off as nothing more than a bully, and quite frankly a jealous lesbian, who instead of thinking about things, outlets her anger onto the main because she probably suspects Oshiroi liking him.

Some people who are major M's or haven't been in a situation where a girl tries to act like that to you doesn't know how annoying it is. You can't do anything without being turned into a criminal from doing anything to stop them. In general Ume is quite sexist, I mean I'm sure there'd be outroar if a guy went around hitting women going "Move bitch, get out the way" from women.

So I'll allow you guys to find it funny, but to be honest the thing that angered me more, is the fact that two bystanders walk past and ridicule the main after he's been hit for no reason, because it's bullying, and to be honest, makes it seem like every girl in this damn anime besides Ice Witch is a horrible person.... ugh end rant.... preparing for hate replies, hooray.

Sky High - The True King of Heroes
Dec 5, 2011 1:20 PM

Dec 2009
SkyHigh said:
Having a show with I LOVE YOU YAMATO would be bad as well, but Ume isn't a normal character that hits you for no reason. She has the unusual thing about her, that makes her come off as nothing more than a bully, and quite frankly a jealous lesbian, who instead of thinking about things, outlets her anger onto the main because she probably suspects Oshiroi liking him.

Some people who are major M's or haven't been in a situation where a girl tries to act like that to you doesn't know how annoying it is. You can't do anything without being turned into a criminal from doing anything to stop them. In general Ume is quite sexist, I mean I'm sure there'd be outroar if a guy went around hitting women going "Move bitch, get out the way" from women.

So I'll allow you guys to find it funny, but to be honest the thing that angered me more, is the fact that two bystanders walk past and ridicule the main after he's been hit for no reason, because it's bullying, and to be honest, makes it seem like every girl in this damn anime besides Ice Witch is a horrible person.... ugh end rant.... preparing for hate replies, hooray.

No hate replies from me. For once someone says something smart on these forums. :)
Dec 5, 2011 1:51 PM

Jun 2009
I've realized that it's not necessarily Ume that I hate, It's her ridiculously unreasonably violent behavior which is the result of her love blindness and the fact that she won't go to the source (Oshiroi) 2 clear up the understanding...it's exhausting to watch but I'm in too deep 2 stop watching bc of three chracters (ume + the twins) :P Bitchiness...ugh, if it wasn't something we encounter daily I probably wouldn't be so opposed to seeing it in anime or tv in general.
Dec 5, 2011 1:52 PM

Mar 2008
SkyHigh said:
Siva said:

I guess some people just want to see a show about 5 mindless girls saying "I love you, Yamato." every freaking damn second in every freaking episode, and call it a good show with many great characters.

But that's not even what she did. She didn't slap Satou because he was in her way. and I've already said it in other thread, but there is not enough evidence to prove that Ume is a sexist that will hit any guy (unless you've read the novel and can tell me otherwise). You may think this is a hate reply, but I'm just pointing out the things wrong with your argument and by no mean do I think you have to like Ume or anything. and I don't think Shaga, Asebi, or Oshiroi is a horrible person. How could you say the Ice Witch is the only not horrible person?

Dec 5, 2011 1:58 PM
Jul 2011
HomuraIsMyWaifu said:
SkyHigh said:
Siva said:

But that's not even what she did. She didn't slap Satou because he was in her way. and I've already said it in other thread, but there is not enough evidence to prove that Ume is a sexist that will hit any guy (unless you've read the novel and can tell me otherwise). You may think this is a hate reply, but I'm just pointing out the things wrong with your argument and by no mean do I think you have to like Ume or anything. and I don't think Shaga, Asebi, or Oshiroi is a horrible person. How could you say the Ice Witch is the only not horrible person?

Oshiroi completely goes against sense of privacy by writing Yaoi, Asebi is cute, but dangerous too dense to understand her actions (I forgive her actually because of this), Shaga isn't horrible but has done things such as making Satou dress up in a female uniform and got him chased by security, Ice Witch apologises for what she has done, such as throwing the Sega out the window, offering to share food etc.

The comment "Move bitch, get out the way" was meant as a joke, it was just to show how people would probably be outraged at the abuse, Besides the hints of a sexist show, her personal preference for women and her quite frankly horrible attitude to men/Satou is a staple among a lot of lesbian feminists, no offense to lesbian's or feminisits in general, I'm talking about the really serious ones that are extreme.

In general my opinion is her attitude comes across as sexist, and as a bully, I understand it is not a hate reply, it's a healthy debate and I'm fine with it.

Dec 5, 2011 2:01 PM

Dec 2009
Ume has hit Satou in this series without having anykinda reason whatsoever... It was almost like "Move bitch, get out of the way" If I remember correctly.
Dec 5, 2011 2:39 PM
Apr 2010
I find Ume to be one of the most annoying characters in this series. Not only is she an over obsessive lesbian, she is also ultra violent towards Satou for no particular reason (other than jelousy). This is meant to be a comedy anime but it crosses the line. Like many anime, they always make the main male character a pussy. I find it highly annoying.
Dec 5, 2011 2:45 PM
Jul 2011
InsaneAZN22 said:
I find Ume to be one of the most annoying characters in this series. Not only is she an over obsessive lesbian, she is also ultra violent towards Satou for no particular reason (other than jelousy). This is meant to be a comedy anime but it crosses the line. Like many anime, they always make the main male character a pussy. I find it highly annoying.

Not a pussy per say, but victim to the thought that men cannot hit women EVER (Unless in Bento war then ITS FAIR!!!), because you have no idea what the outroar would be, in general men just can't hit women without being made criminals, so you should probably drop that point lol, even if I find it disgraceful that he won't even defend himself.

Dec 5, 2011 3:14 PM

Nov 2010
If she kept up that shit with me she would end up in an unfortunate "accident". Fix your love affairs with your crush not to my face.

Dec 5, 2011 4:24 PM

Nov 2008
At the beginning of the series I was hoping Ume would change and start liking Satou and be nice to him, but at this point I don't fucking give a shit and the only girls I like in this series are the two main one's, Sen and Shaga.
HollowIchigo58Dec 5, 2011 4:27 PM
Dec 5, 2011 4:41 PM

Jun 2008
Sir_Lexa said:
Ume has hit Satou in this series without having anykinda reason whatsoever... It was almost like "Move bitch, get out of the way" If I remember correctly.

Better than another blushing tsundere.
Dec 5, 2011 6:31 PM
Mar 2009
highlight of the ep yarizui sneezing
oh and asebi was pretty funny 2

True or False
Anime + Manga = Chuck Norris / Chuck Norris
Dec 5, 2011 6:44 PM
Oct 2009
Redfoxoffire said:
Sir_Lexa said:

This is worse.
Dec 5, 2011 6:45 PM
Jun 2008
oh boy of all eps focus it has to be ume really REAlly REALLY?!

yea indeed total abuse & don't give a what about sato give he said about those "muscles" pics that it all oshiroi yet ume don't give a care what so ever yet beat him down really over JUMP THE GUN in worst way.

yet her whole oshiroi thing yea total psycho lesbian over 9000 indeed really want "rub' her sweat off indeed she ben-to version of "yandere goddess" http://i.imgur.com/qA5gCl.jpg

oh bad luck girl really jump for cat doll & her food got wonder she do it?

& ume just own'd the twins good grief now if really in ben-to fight yea we're screwed.
LIVING THE GS-LIFESTYLE
MR.GS
JUST ON THE JOURNEY THROUGH THE ANIME WORLD
THE KLAC OF ANIME WORLD
you either with ANIME http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 or against the anime
Dec 5, 2011 11:56 PM

Mar 2008
Zoddguts said:
Redfoxoffire said:
Sir_Lexa said:

This is worse.

>Generic abusive tsundere
>Better than anything.

Try again.
AyaneruIsMyWaifuDec 6, 2011 1:58 AM

Dec 6, 2011 12:44 AM
Jul 2011
Well I for once think that the wacky traits of all of the girls apart from being funny and giving a soul to this series is to put the Ice witch in a pretty favorable position in ending up with sato because every other girl in ben-to either hits him seems him as a yaoi star or just plain uses him to get favors(yea the cousin all that interest is pretty all fake she ends up using him for everthing) .
Now the Ice witch doesn´t do that hell in this episode she asked sato if he was ok to go ben-to figthing(Afther getting k.o by Ume) and ben-to figthing in the life of the Ice witch is everything . In the end when you look at ben-to The Ice witch seems to be the only decent girl out there(even her fits of rage seem a normal thing).
Dec 6, 2011 1:43 AM

Nov 2008
sigh im getting really tired of Ume.. more of a hindrance than a help to the series. I mean shes a Parody of a Parody that is becoming a Parody ~ I just wanted Parody lol. Shes an obsessive stalking bully. *shrug* I hope I get to see her lose to Either of the 3 real main characters in a wolf fight - preferably satou - heres hoping with that massive title the next episode is superior lol

Redfoxoffire said:
Sir_Lexa said:

Can I just pick neither - A properly Done Tsundere (modern) Would be Rin Thosaka and thats perfectly fine - as shes the only one I see as a properly done one in the last... 7 years that says something. And really the Ume type they are trying to Parody is equally as detestable and their parody version is just as bad she should have been left as a minor character - give her a full episode of focus and her approval goes from good to down the toilet - as it should. ..
sirwenceDec 6, 2011 2:13 AM
Dec 6, 2011 2:53 AM

Feb 2009
torn feelings about this epd

on one hand the fanservice was executed well, but with no bento fights the plot is just flat with no enjoyment. This show needs to start getting creative with the bento throwdowns and fast, because there's not a lot of epds left and it's becoming quite fillerish

as much as I love ume, it was mistake to center an entire epd about her.
Dec 6, 2011 1:06 PM
Apr 2011
And Ume still hasn't change at all. *sigh*
Dec 6, 2011 1:32 PM
Jul 2011
endlessabyss said:

Shh or you're going to get flamed :S, but I agree :)

Dec 6, 2011 4:45 PM
Aug 2011
Asebi... I would suffer through her random tasting bento. The cute level is almost too much to deal with.

I love how Freak is so abused and misunderstood.I don't think he will ever catch a break.
Dec 6, 2011 5:49 PM

Jun 2008
endlessabyss said:

Thank God!
Dec 6, 2011 6:40 PM

Sep 2007
They couldn't make an episode with one of the more central characters instead of choosing to pick the man-hating lesbian instead? Her character is just not amusing at all.
Dec 6, 2011 9:22 PM

Oct 2010
<=== Asebi tard xD
Dec 6, 2011 9:51 PM

Jul 2008
I thought it was an OK episode. I thought the Ume segments were a little long, but since she was kind of central this episode maybe it won't really focus on her again.
Dec 6, 2011 10:52 PM

Jul 2008
The show would have been truly great without 2 of those characters. Are at least those two characters not acting like that all of the time.
Dec 6, 2011 11:07 PM

Sep 2010
Gif time!

Too much effort to get the file size and quality just right on this one. Possibly more to come.
Dec 7, 2011 1:20 PM

May 2008
Dunno why everyone's hating. I really like Oshiroi a lot.

To be honest I loved the yuri-ness in this whole episode.

"LET'S GET IT LET'S GET IT LET'S GO." YEAH. LET'S GO ALREADY. GET AT IT.

Dec 7, 2011 1:40 PM
Feb 2011
Liked this episode, it definitely wasn't as bad as many people say it was.
Although kinda missed of the fighting, so I hope there will be some in the next episode.
Dec 7, 2011 7:42 PM
May 2009
Seeing satou take that much beating from her in 1 ep was a bit too much, fine in between though, didn't mind the lesbian-ish part.

But really, I wish satou can get some kinda revenge, oh well.

It's funny how delusional she is though.

Overall, it was the most boring ep out of all so far, missed the bento wars.
Dec 7, 2011 8:44 PM
Aug 2011
enjoyed this episode, especially when Yuri scene between Oshiroi and Ume.
Dec 8, 2011 9:37 AM

Mar 2010
That Ume is really fucking annoying. -____-
I get why she can act all yandere/yuri and stuff.
But, dishing out all out punches, slaps, and humiliating Satou like that is really frustrating for me to watch. I understand sometimes, but most of the time he just needs to step up to her and punch the bitch out.
Dec 8, 2011 11:29 PM

Nov 2010
Kurogashi said:
The hell are you guys ranting about? This episode was the bomb! Ume is friggin' hilarious and god damn sexy at the same time. She's a bit of a handful but that is what makes things exciting!
Dec 9, 2011 2:29 AM

Oct 2010
WHERE ARE THE BENTO BRAWLS? DDD: Those were what kept me watching. NOT THIS.

I hate how Ume hits Satou for things that are not even his fault. -__________-
[insert awesome signature here]
Dec 9, 2011 10:07 AM

May 2009
Words cannot express how much I hate this episode and that Ume whore. She's abusive, a bully, a rapist and insane. I mean, if you like her that's fine, more power to you. You can stand this awful episode where Saito gets every abuse he got on this anime, and what's worse, Ume never gets called out for the horrible things she does to the poor Saito. It's not original, it's not funny, it's not a clever parody of tsundere, it's just abuse, that looks disturbing and awfully like something that could happen in real life.

And props to the artist who made this picture

Also, no battles for this week. That makes 2 filler episodes in a row.
Arashi89Dec 9, 2011 12:41 PM
Dec 9, 2011 3:32 PM

Apr 2010
Kinda boring, and lame episode. Ume's such a bitch and why didn't Saito fight back or at least dodge for god's sake.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ben-To Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Oct 15, 2011

135 by -starryskies- »»
Apr 21, 6:49 PM

Poll: » Ben-To Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Yumekichi11 - Oct 10, 2011

112 by -starryskies- »»
Apr 21, 6:04 PM

Poll: » Ben-To Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Oct 22, 2011

126 by Stuntdrath »»
Jan 27, 6:57 PM

» This bitch right here Ume Shiraume

Zerity - Aug 24, 2017

34 by Imperfection98 »»
Jan 5, 3:32 PM

Poll: » Ben-To Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Dec 24, 2011

199 by fathandz »»
Oct 29, 2023 9:09 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.