Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 »
Jan 5, 2013 9:39 AM

Jun 2012
a very good ending to me..love this anime
Jan 9, 2013 9:33 PM

May 2012
Just finished the series. I've been enjoying the hell out of it and burned through it in only a few of days. Maybe it's because I didn't read the manga so the plot diverging from it wasn't a problem for me.

This episode I give a 3/5, only because it felt sort of rushed. As a whole though, I give the series an 8/10.
Jan 25, 2013 6:00 AM
May 2009
On to the manga! Would love to find out more about Takara though...... He was a useless character.....
Jan 29, 2013 6:08 PM

May 2012
A 15 minute ending oO well okey that's a first for me... They sure managed to make it a interesting ending fight with both brothers to finish off or at least for now Satan!

But why did they let the story that open anyway? Are the movies a recap of this series or is it more of a sidestory? But yea the ending is rather starting something new than ending the series!

What did bother me is the huge amount of fillers that where put into this anime, but in general it wasn't all to bad the concept was quite nice and the story development as well. What did amaze me was most of the time I thought the episode finished but it seemed that I was still in the near middle so that's some quite impressive compact story telling there!

Either way great anime in general! 9/10 bes the nice concept!
Jan 30, 2013 4:34 AM

Jul 2009
good episode, yet the ending was lacking. Pretty cliche ending with brotherly love, and i don't really understand Satan, i guess he has a good heart deep down, eh? Oh well, it didn't ruin the series for me. ^_^
I adore the baby shiba commercials!!!!!!! I love this series, and for what its worth i'll check out the manga to see what most of the viewers are complaining about.
Mar 16, 2013 9:38 AM

Mar 2008
posting because i've been seeing ao no exorcist pictures on tumblr and it only reminded how much i hated the ending to this.

the ending is the absolute worst ending that could've ever happened. seriously! brotherly love? brotherly love snaps yukio out of being possessed by satan? then the whole "yeah!!!! let's beat satan yeah!!!" thing came and it's like a really bad shoujo crossed with this ending and gave birth to what we got. i was so disappointed.

and it sucks because i loved this anime right up until the middle of episode 24 and once i saw how they were planning to end it, i was crushed. it was like eating a really delicious piece of pie and then finding out the filling is cockroaches and dirt.

well, at least the manga is pretty good and still going. :(
Mar 21, 2013 5:38 PM

Aug 2011
Series was surprisingly enjoyable, although the ending felt a little anti-climatic.
Mar 24, 2013 3:37 AM

Dec 2012
The part hwere the blue flame phoenix attacked the gehenna gate was really cool. Also the part when shura, rin, yukio & angel attacked as a team was great

Really glad that I watched this series, planning to watch the movie sometime soon!
Apr 8, 2013 1:34 PM

Jan 2011
How the hell is this > 8. Oh well no regret for waiting this long to watch it. 6-7/10
Apr 22, 2013 11:48 AM

Apr 2012
This show could have been more original, with less red herrings at the end.
Also its kinda hard to take priests seriously when they cuss like a sailor.
I like Hentai, you like real life.
Instead of complaining about my tastes, be grateful you now don't have to compete against me.
May 17, 2013 11:30 AM

Jul 2012
That was lame ending to average anime. Manga is better.
May 25, 2013 9:52 AM
May 2011
Seriously , why did this anime stop airing ? It could easily go on 2nd and 3rd and ...Nth season .
May 25, 2013 4:09 PM
May 2013
conan4 said:
Seriously , why did this anime stop airing ? It could easily go on 2nd and 3rd and ...Nth season .

Because of the manga and honestly the should have waited to the manga was complete and use it's version because it is so much better
Jun 16, 2013 3:33 AM

Dec 2010
This episode wasn't an actual final, because the decisive hit against Satan seemingly has occurred in the 24, so yeah, 25 was more like adding final touches. There's not much to say about it, except that it was pretty lame, but the whole original ending is lame, so it's not like we could expect something much different. It's bad, but not horrible. And to be honest, the combined attack of Rin and Yuki was really awesome.

My overall assessment of the anime:

1. Characters. +1. I like this anime's characters very much for some reason. They doesn't have much depth to them, but they are still awesome. Maybe it's because of the very anime setting, I don't know, but I like them. My favs are Bon and Shima but Rin is actually one of the rare cases where I like the MC in an anime, and I also like Shiemi very much. Mephisto was cool as well.
2. Atmosphere. +1. Awesome, Yes, this anime has a lovely atmosphere to it. I love it especially when the characters are in the True Cross Academy, but it's also good when they are on mission.
3. OST. +1. This anime has some great OPs and EDs - the first ones were good, but I really love the second OP and ED. I have no objections for the themes besides them as well.
4. Animation. +1. Yeah, this anime has a really high-quality animation. It may not be the most detailed one, but it fits exactly well the story.
5. Background story. Well, no much background story was revealed, much of it was filler, and anyway, whatever was revealed wasn't really great.
6. Storyline. +1. I don't know what to say about the storyline. It started really well, and it was great while it was following the manga. I guess I will give a point here, because it was the ending that felt off. I'd have liked so much to see more development related to what happened in the manga instead.
7. Ending. Yeah, we all know how bad the original ending is. At best, it was lame.
8. Drama. +1. The drama in this anime is rather light, but it's still good. I mean, we don't need any more drama than that.
9. Overall affect. +1. Despite how bad I felt while I was watching most of the fillers(and the amount of filler episodes in this anime run was too darn high), eventually I can't feel different than good about watching this story. It had it's moments, it has some good concepts, and while it's really lighthearted, it actually makes you love it before you know it.
Bonus(extra) point for:... +1. True Cross Academy and everything related to it. I can say that Ao no Exorcist is the Harry Potter of the world of anime, but I think it's actually very much more. I just love the time spent in exorcist classes and the time spent in the Academy at all. The very exorcist concept itself. How Rin's class grew to become (somewhat of)an affined team. If I gotta choose in what kind of anime setting I would like to live in, it definitely would be True Cross Academy, and not a shinigami, ninja, or a samurai, or anything else. I love it so much that the original ending couldn't make me feel much worse about the anime no matter how lame it was.
Overall score: 8/10. I'm all in for Ao no Exorcist Brotherhood too.
Jul 31, 2013 8:28 PM

May 2013
I seriously hate this Memeshiba shit =_____='

^ That's exactly what I thought.

But oh, look, Okumura Kyoudai Powerrrr! Blue Phoenix Wings!!!! XDDD

Suguro worrying about Rin was cute with his noogie and all C:
Ofc Yukio's Paladin title got revoked. If he couldn't even do anything against that spiderweb masked Michelle, he most certainly can't be on the same level as Father Shiro, smh.

Idk what the purpose of Takano was in this anime. Other than being a ventriloquist and his small narration part. I expected some epicness from him but NOPE. Don't know why you're there, dude.

Mephisto didn't really do much either :/ His powers weren't really enhanced. He's just another one of those chracters that does things for his own enjoyment so meh. Likable though, I suppose.

A demon possessing vehicles..... eehhhh...

Annnddd I rate this an 8/10. Because I'm lenient like that. Haha. Plus I remember how the first half of this series blew me away *nods*
Aug 19, 2013 12:39 PM

Oct 2012
Glad it's over. It's like Soul Eater, just put some random ending at the end and consider this series done... But the first half was enjoyable and the rest was at least "okay"
Oct 30, 2013 8:16 AM

Oct 2013
What an odd series, i enjoyed it for the most part, but... i just couldn't take the show seriously towards the end what with Satan's conflicting character (kind in flashback??? what??) and that god-damned Shiemi character. Otherwise it was pretty good, but it could be way better :P

Still an 8 out of 10
KHRoxasOct 30, 2013 8:34 AM
Nov 18, 2013 12:38 PM

Sep 2013
a really good anime

the only thing i dont like its the ending (what ending???)

but its a really good anime

i give it 8.5/10

and for sure I WANT EPISODE 26!!!
i got no gif for my signature..... imagine some cool swords clashing and light and fighting everywhere!
Dec 7, 2013 8:14 PM
Jul 2013
Thoroughly Satisfied with the ending. Definitely put in perspective the human spirit and how we can perceive things as evil but were only looking at one side of the story.

The overall thing i appreciated about it was that the brothers stuck together and no one had to die or sacrifice themselves to save the greater good. Because honestly alittle forethought and less impulse will bring out the better result then a selfish out for yourself.

I'd love to see more of this series and i hope for ova's in the future that continue there journey in rising through the ranks. But i don't know many anime series or manga's that have done this.
Feb 1, 2014 1:15 PM

Jun 2012
I knew the Blue Exorcist anime would be different from the manga so I was worried that I would not find it enjoyable at all. However, I really liked it despite the ending being a bit of a mess. It was not a complete disaster but it definitely could have been wrapped up better.

I hope in the future Blue Exorcist will get a Brotherhood because the manga is pretty good and I'd love it if we could see it animated.
N☆ 

Feb 7, 2014 7:20 AM

Oct 2008
Was an ok show, mostly ruined by it's episode count. Could have been something great with it's premise and above average animation. Not really sure where the hype for it comes from, the ending is very weak and the show skips around too much and wastes a lot of time while never fully developing any one thing enough for me to really care about the outcome. The characters are never fully realized or fleshed out and end up just getting in the way over and over. The majority of the show is just spent doing random things in the school with the pointless side characters with no real consequences for any mistake or action.

It's too bad, I really thought something interesting was about to happen when we were shown the relationship between Satan and Yuri but it never went anywhere. If anything it took a step back because there's no way Yuri would agree with how Satan is bringing the two worlds together, yet they show her speaking with him after he's failed without her being upset at how he went about doing it. Doesn't make a bit of sense.

Just thinking about how stupid Angel and Mephisto were used in this show frustrates me. Everything about those two characters is just so badly done, Angel is a puppet that doesn't even follow orders correctly. Says hes not letting anyone to the roof, yet he lets 5 students pass while fighting only one person, then he later reinforces his loyalty to the Vatican then instantly letting another person past him, he also brings up the fact that "nobody gets past me" yet 5 minutes prior and entire group of kids just got past you. Then Mephisto is this mysterious guy with no consequences to his actions. Gets jailed? Sneaks out through with ease(worst prison system for someone who can shapeshift ever). Sends demon king brother to attack students in the school? It's fine, I have a plan to use Rin as a weapon(that never really happens) so all is forgiven.

I was hoping for(although realizing it wouldn't happen within 25 episodes) for Ren to either become an exorcist and gradually come closer to confronting Satan and becoming a Paladin while developing all these side characters that the show gives us or traveling to Gehenna(I want to see if it's all entirely CGI waves of skulls or if the creators could actually think up and animate something interesting) and having some sort of confrontation there rather than a generic and deja vu sort of events that actually happened. It would of also been nice if Yuri and Satan would of tried to argue for race equality between demons and humans, but that was thrown out the window for time I assume or is just there to move the plot forward for Yuri and her meeting and trust of Satan. Guess every anime can't be as good as Shinsekai Yori.
PANDEMlCFeb 7, 2014 7:28 AM
Mar 1, 2014 12:45 AM

Mar 2013
10/10 for me Cause it has awesome fights and i`m hoping a season 2 of this show i`m still in love with this show...
Mar 2, 2014 12:31 AM
Nov 2013
Yukio lamentable one of the worst characters of all time is popular with the girls.
Yukio four one hideous eye no personality.
become popular with the girls in anime are the same.
Apr 10, 2014 6:57 PM

Jan 2014
Firstly I have to say that in overall, the anime was good. in the begginig I couldn't stop laughing my ass off at the most ridiculous parts, but then, the story continues and suddenly we learn that Yuri also has powers and it kind of shitted the anime. I mean, it was funny and all, but the shit about “the power of family overcoming every obstacle” didn't really buy me. I am dissapointed of the last episode, it could have gone way better
Game over. If that's the case, I just have to play again.
Apr 15, 2014 2:41 AM

Jan 2012
Samu-tan said:

AoEx was overall a very mediocre anime. The only really good episode was 15. The rest was average till slightly good. It was an enjoyable ride at first, until episode 17 or so. Then things started going downhill. And then it went even more downhill. And then things just got plain shit. The last arc was cringe-worthy, I don't understand how A-1 even dared to release this. The production values also took a dive in the last couple of episodes, it's like they were out of money.
I can't believe Satan was like "HURR DURR, I FELL IN LOVE WITH A RANDOM HUMAN GIRL AND WE PROMISED TO REBUILD THE WORLD, BWAHAHHA EVIL MASTER PLAN DERPHERP". I mean, seriously? It's fucking Satan. Not your average anime villain. Well, A-1 just made him that.
God, such a lame move.

5/10, considering lowering it to a 4. I am NOT looking forward to the movie.

I'm really wondering why A-1 decided to end the anime like this. The first volume sold very well, and I could've kept an open ending so they could make a sequel in the future which would most likely sell just as well. They really are brainless over there at A-1.

This pretty much sums up my feelings on this show. There was a lot of potential but it couldn't deliver. Didn't even realize that it deviated from the manga since I never read it, explains why the second half was crap. I'm surprised it has such a high rating here since I thought it was pretty average.

5/10
Apr 25, 2014 8:44 AM

May 2008
I was really entertained at the beginning but sadly after reaching the second half they decided to end the show quickly by throwing a rushed and boring predictable plot :(
May 21, 2014 3:59 PM

Mar 2012
Among the weakest endings I've seen for a show, as many others pointed out, I think the episode count ruined the show, should have been many more. It was far better in the 1st half than in the latter half. Not bad, but...not exactly memorable either. Glad I didn't rush to watch it, 7/10

"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment"
Jul 11, 2014 5:02 AM

Dec 2012
ending was awesome. finally get to see the twins in action. so glad i keep up with this, nearly dropped it at episode 4. overall 8.5/10 for me
Jul 17, 2014 9:09 AM

Feb 2013
how did Yukio's flame awaken after drawing the Koma sword when only Rin had his flames sealed in it? The one shotting Gehenna's Gate by just lodging a sword in the right spot? Lame. This might be as bad as Soul Eater's finale
Jul 29, 2014 7:34 AM

Apr 2014
I quite liked this series/episode.
I wish we got more of the puppet guy, besides the random appearances he had here and there, I was hoping he'd be some big shot in the story, a spy for the paladin or something.
I also wish we met more of the kings, we only met the king of hell, and well, mephisto.
This show will get a 9/10 for me.
Aug 5, 2014 11:23 PM
Jul 2014
Don't give me that face Rin. What no exorcist 1/10
Aug 10, 2014 2:45 PM

Jul 2014
Anyone else think articuno when they went phoenix mode?
Aug 11, 2014 8:05 AM

Jul 2009
You know something, when your final antagonist is SATAN, and you somehow manage to take the fire out of the devil by turning him into a disheveled brooder who misses his wife, your series is flat as a bottle of Crystal Pepsi. Blue Exorcist sums up everything I hate about modern day shounen titles and one of the most annoying tropes has been villains with sappy backstories, and giving one to the father of all lies just takes the cake!
Shounen action anime has been a box of cake mix for the last 10 years and everyone has just been following the directions without adding their own twist, spices, or seasonings and he end result is a long string of titles that taste the same. Blue Exorcist is just another one, yet somehow manages to be even blander.
Aug 11, 2014 11:39 AM

Jan 2014
Really... What the hell kind of ending was that...? Manga is so much better
Aug 23, 2014 4:27 AM

Jul 2012
You know, the idea of the story was okay but the execution of it could be better. In many ways it was very predictable. The end was not so spectacular, especially that "car" could be left out in my opinion.

7/10.
Tom's Hardware graphics veteran++ (Legacy)
i7 6700K@4.0 GHz, ASUS Z170 PRO GAMING, RTX 2080, G. Skill RipJaws V 3200MHz 16GB,
Noctua NH-D15, CorsairRM 850x, Win10x64, 1920x1080

MyAnimeList!
Aug 29, 2014 1:25 AM

Jul 2010
So, why is everyone hating on Shiemi? She's the best.
It's been a while...
Sep 15, 2014 2:03 AM
Jul 2018
I was ok with the ending. I've seen better, but i've also seen worse. It definitely makes me want to read the manga though, to see how the series is different and how it will actually end.
Sep 19, 2014 9:49 PM

Aug 2007
StormSky92 said:
I was ok with the ending. I've seen better, but i've also seen worse. It definitely makes me want to read the manga though, to see how the series is different and how it will actually end.

I feel the same way brother
Dec 23, 2014 4:17 PM

Apr 2014
the first few episodes of this show really had me but the rest not so much
Dec 23, 2014 11:40 PM
Dec 2011
watch this is epic..i am so glad i love anime....this is a masterpiece ..i love this anime everything about it is perfect ... i am going to miss it very much hope to see more episodes in the future ... the best shounen after naruto and fullmetal alchemist brotherhood"

this is coming from a person who thought there wont be another anime that can get any close to naruto and fma brotherhood " this anime came a little closer than any other anime shounen :3 thats how good it is :3 waiting for more seasons :3
Jan 3, 2015 10:16 PM

Dec 2014
That was a damn beautiful ending.
Jan 18, 2015 4:07 PM

Sep 2013
i can't help but say that, that nemu takara did nothing at all, wtf was the point of having him in the story?
There's no magical spell to save someone's life.
Mar 21, 2015 3:49 PM

Oct 2014
Meh, this show was okay I guess. It felt like really rushed, and I would like to see some more development of the characters. Like there were like no character development at all....

6/10 final score
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 29, 2015 11:17 AM

Apr 2013
everything anime original was garbage and felt like it was written by an elementary schooler.. took down my score from 7 to 5.
May 19, 2015 8:44 PM

Jan 2008
angelfire892 said:
And it ends with a fucking demon truck...ugh. This ending was the most disappointing thing ever. And since when does Yukio get duped so easily in the first place.

I know, right? Up until that point I was giving the series a very low 7 out of 10, but then they ended on that scene, causing me to drop it down to a low 6.
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.
Aug 4, 2015 6:53 PM
Sep 2010
After just rewatching Blue Exorcist I now still have hope for another season.
Sep 21, 2015 10:16 AM
Nekogirl~

Mar 2014
They somewhat saved the ending. I will surly go for the manga later on.
Can't wait to watch ova/movie.

Oct 18, 2015 5:19 AM
Apr 2015
1. went from good to bad after I found out the stupidity of yuri...she died for nothing...
2. yeahhhh so you want assiah and gehenna to live in peace together?LETS BLOW BUILDINGS AND HURT INNOCENT PEOPLE!!! YURI YOU'RE A GOOD PERSON BUT YOU'RE SO DELUDED YOU DESERVED TO BE PUT IN HELL FOR ALL THIS CHAOS...
3. Cant believe yukio still cant figured out that all this happened coz the idea of their mother...it killed their non-father(fujimoto) and dont realize their actual father was satan..
4. yuri betrayed her Father for satan.(lulz) Then rin and yukio betrayed and denied their actual parents' dream for the sake of gehenna only and fujimoto(not their fking father)........
5. I think the brothers should just become like the Winchester from now on.
sorry for my english >,<
Oct 18, 2015 7:32 AM
Apr 2015
just like my favorite shaman king...good shonen anime at the beginning...then went bullshit ending
sorry for my english >,<
Nov 2, 2015 3:36 AM

May 2014
This went too non-canon haywire, I am displeased about it. When will this get a remake? It needs one, I wanna see Thunder. Fuck.
Well decent ending, a final rating of a 7. I expected more of this 😐
Well I wonder what the movie is about.
Pages (7) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ao no Exorcist Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Jun 5, 2011

149 by Endl8ss »»
7 hours ago

Poll: » Ao no Exorcist Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - May 22, 2011

203 by Endl8ss »»
8 hours ago

Poll: » Ao no Exorcist Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

lzumi-chan - Jun 19, 2011

202 by De-Guzman »»
May 24, 10:37 AM

Poll: » Ao no Exorcist Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Jul 31, 2011

191 by XILG »»
Apr 16, 11:29 AM

Poll: » Ao no Exorcist Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Zeando - May 1, 2011

239 by Animeinsight101 »»
Mar 24, 5:43 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.