Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Black Butler
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 »
Aug 30, 2013 5:02 PM

Jun 2013
noteDhero said:
Since I'm not a fangirl...I was disappointed. Ultimately this show was an interesting concept with a nice relationship between Ciel and Sebastian. Unfortunately, nothing really happened that made me think this was a good show, and towards the end, a lot of stuff happened that made me think this is a bad show.

4/10

I agree that the show had its flaws and so on.. If they would have kept the dark and mystical feeling from episode 1 then I think this could have turned out to be a true masterpiece. Sadly they decided to add comedy, fanservice, generic cliche filler episodes and a little bit of love in the mix...

But, that ending was very well done. If only the entire show would have kept that momentum and quality it would have been a 10/10. Because of all the fillers and
non-consistent material I give this show a 7/10. I want to give it a 8/10 because of that last scene... Should I?
Aug 30, 2013 5:09 PM

Jun 2013
Wishing said:
sugarplumfairy said:
This is solely my opinion. But, from 10/10 at the start to 6/10 at the end, one word to overall describe this anime: FLOP.
Had HUGE potential, but never seemed to fill it. Instead, got fillers, poor development of story & characters and a poor ending = boring (for me at least)
=.=

I completely agree with this, like its not even funny. Overall I really did enjoy watching this series, it was funny, angsty blah blah blah but it was still missing something. Like the main villain couldn't decide her gender nor did you ever find out why the hell she killed his parents and you think YOU THINK that once he has the diary he can find out what happened but noooooooo. This anime was really in the end one big WHAT IF that could have been so good but the ending was just so.... weirdly predictable in an unpredictable sense. As in it was unpredictable that they would make the ending THAT SIMPLE. You knew from the start, so where is the excitement, the plot twist THE PLOT. Its just... grah, like I really wanted this anime to be great which it so could have been with just a tiny bit more planning. It really had a good feel to it, I loved the creepyness of it, the humor was absolutely hysterical and yet it still had so many holes you just fell. It actually probably could have worked more as a dark comedy instead of a dark anime. But in all the last episode just took a gun to the head of the last bits of the plot that they could have saved. Lets face it, they gave in to the yaoi lovers. I could think of so many better endings to the show but oh well, que sera sera I guess. I still really liked the show though it was disappointing it was entertaining to the end. WOW I talk a lot ._.

The last seconds of the show saved it from being a 5/10 for me, even though it was predictable as f*ck. I love that sad but realistic feeling.
Oct 3, 2013 4:25 PM

May 2012
I do wish they would've shown Sebastian's demon form; there are things evil enough only to exist in the imagination, I suppose. The boat scene that includes the (visual) themes of the second ED did strike me as clever. However, the ending seemed rushed and predictable to me, and there is something that did not sit quite right with me. I can't put my finger on it, but some odd element (or lack thereof) in this episode gives me these weird vibes. 6/10
Oct 10, 2013 2:07 AM

Jun 2011
That was a very underwhelming ending. The only redeeming part was the end sequence where Ciel's soul is consumed by his butler.
Oct 17, 2013 8:53 AM
Jun 2013
I enjoyed it and now to season 2.
Nov 5, 2013 8:46 PM
Jul 2013
Definitely a satisfying way for things to turn out. I feel awful when animes must come to a conclusion such as this but i do see there is a season 2 so we may have another tragic ride with the ol cast i hope to learn if that's a wish come true.

Either way good writing and artwork it all fits together nicely. But it's not school days so all is good :)
Nov 28, 2013 3:44 AM

May 2013
6/10
Dec 10, 2013 3:28 PM

Jul 2012
OMFG!! just wow! I loved that! loved it loved it loved it!!!
But seriously I wanted so much to see his demon form, I mean he was in high heels!!!!!
And the angel, totally freaky. Psychopathic angel = AMAZING !!!
Since I just watched this episode I am still going crazy over it ( in case you couldn't tell)
Dec 19, 2013 7:17 PM

Jan 2013
oh bleck, too much yaoi, could not tolerate it if Tatum and Palencia weren't the mains.
Mar 4, 2014 7:35 PM

Aug 2013
Well, I don't think it was a bad ending, but I don't think that it was a good ending too.

The things that I liked :

- They didn't pulled a deus ex machina ending where Sebastian go all ''Oh forget about that pact, I'll continue to be your butler, la la la''. I hoped for a bad ending and I got it.

- The scene with the boat was a bit melancholic, it added some emotion.

- The fact that they actually killed Pluton.

Now the things that bothered me :

- The lame fight. Yeah, I thought the fight was lame, especially the sudden turn of personnality of the angel. Those crazy face didn't suit him at all, he was always so calm, a scary psychotic calm. But that craziness in his face and scream ruined all that ''purity'' image that he was giving, which was great because it was contrasting so well with his speech. About the fight itself, I thought that it was bland. Three flying attack, then shadow getting out of nowhere and the angel slicing one arm then Sebastian tranforming - Into what by the way? All that obscurity and camera angle was really annoying - and killing the angel in we-don't-know-what-method. Really, I was deceived by the ultimate fight.

- The too ambiguous ending. I said that I liked the fact that it was ending badly, but we don't actually saw him die.
[Kuroshitsuji II spoiler]

- The animation. Is it me or the animation was less good than before? It was often sloppy, for exemple, when Sebastian and Ciel got out of the water, Ciel face was all messed up and Sebastian had such a goofy face I couldn't help but laugh.

- The scene draging in length. Seriously, it was getting annoying at some point. They were just talking pointlessly, it was making no sense some time. Ash just kept repeting the same thing over and over. We get it, you want to purificate the world, bla bla bla. He's like those annoying vilain that talk for hours...

Anyway, I'm not that interrested in it's sequel. I'll probably give it a try some day.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Mar 11, 2014 7:14 PM

Jul 2012
Mediocre show. Would have been better if they left out the fujoshi service, unfitting comedy, and filler-like episodes (even tho the entire show was mainly filler). Could have been a great show if it was dark throughout. Characters were also weak. There were a lot of supporting characters that the show did try to development but didn't really finish developing due to lack of screen time. The main characters were nothing special. Ciel didn't appeal to me (kind of thought he was too emo) and Seb was just too Gary Stu of a character.

Will most likely watch s2 for Takahiro Sakurai voicing main guy (and the OST: Little Lady) but I'll delay this. Will watch s3 when it comes out, as long as it's more faithful to the manga and less filler.
May 16, 2014 5:11 PM

Aug 2013
Days said:
WAAHH Ciel died!! T_T
That was an okay ending. Kinda rushed and Ciel's death was predictable, but the last scene was cute x3. I want to see Sebastian's true form!!! Stupid feathers blocking the awesomeness D: (but the feathers add to the awesomeness rofl :D)

Ciel didn't die.
Jul 2, 2014 7:19 AM
Jun 2014
Kuroshitsuji was an addicting anime. Sebastian was too cool guy. Ciel was also good but both these characters are shown equally compatible with each other in terms of wits. But you may not believe me, even when I went to my younger sisters'marriage in India, instead of looking at the proceedings of the marriage, I talked with my cousins about this anime. I did so for anime like curious play, color cloud palace only.

Especially the music is superb. When I am alone I try to hum it. In the final episode, when Sebastian starts countdown of numbers, wow! its thrilling. When he finished the angel I slapped with my hands with excitement.Though he was shown as satan or devil, still I liked his character.
Jul 2, 2014 7:28 PM

Dec 2007
okay it has been a couple of years, and i just rewatched the show. since i didn't remember the ending it was still a lot of fun.

so i get it the ending was good. i really like the anime. i also want to see sebastian's true form BUT...

is it me or everyone is just not commenting about the dead people that just came back to life? seriously i still don't get why either the Queen or Aberline are alive in the last scenes. if someone could explain...
Jul 17, 2014 3:30 PM

Jan 2014
Woah... I can't believe it ended. That was a great ending for a great series.
The character design was amazing, and the characters were interesting.
8/10
Jul 21, 2014 4:49 PM
Aug 2011
I just wanted to see Sebastian...
Jul 22, 2014 11:02 AM
May 2014
Dayan said:
okay it has been a couple of years, and i just rewatched the show. since i didn't remember the ending it was still a lot of fun.

so i get it the ending was good. i really like the anime. i also want to see sebastian's true form BUT...

is it me or everyone is just not commenting about the dead people that just came back to life? seriously i still don't get why either the Queen or Aberline are alive in the last scenes. if someone could explain...

That queen was a fake, probably so the populous doesn't freak out.

Same, Sebastian, same.

Aha. Glasses glint. Typical OP businessmen death reapers.

No. YOU spoil MY mood.

More Ciel x Sebastian scenes.. of course the last ep would have them... :P

Indeed.

You can't kill yourself.. there's only one person/thing who can do that.
Jul 31, 2014 10:06 AM
Jun 2010
This is probably the most unintentionally funny show I've ever watched. That Ciel...every time he opens his mouth to wax poetic about the sorrow and tragedy and pain and suffering that haunted him all his life (all twelve years of it, from the way he spoke), I couldn't help but LOL. I just couldn't take him or Sebastian seriously...so they certainly provided a lot of entertainment and eyerolls.
Sep 26, 2014 4:49 PM

Jan 2014
NO I WANTED TO SEE HIS TRUE FORM AND SEE HOW HE ATE CIEL AND HOW IS THERE A SECOND SEASON ISNT CIEL DEAD...?!?!
Sep 30, 2014 1:53 PM

Jul 2013
That battle was epic but I really wanted to see Sebastians true form! ;_______;

I take it he didn't actually eat Ciel's soul or there's some other way they made a second season lol.
Oct 28, 2014 3:22 AM

Oct 2013
OMG, Sabstian on high heels, now i really want to see his real form ♥
I wish i could've seen Sebastian butchering the Angel

Overall score 8/10, now onto the 2nd season
Nov 4, 2014 8:37 PM

Jul 2013
and so it ends.. on a somewhat anti-climatic ending. I have a lot of questions like why did the queen killed Ciel's parents? what for? and why did Ciel's father accepted it like it's the most common thing in the world? and why were there so many yaoi tendencies? This show is actually good despite all these unanswered questions ( maybe there were explained but definitely in the vaguest way possible) and even though there were annoying and boring moments here and there I'd say I pretty much enjoyed it all-throughout.

7/10
Feb 9, 2015 11:31 AM
Feb 2015
Really sad and disapointing ending. Ciel just broke my heart and shed many tears out of my eyes. I love him more than lizzy does.
I really hated what Sebastian did in that last scene. I wish if it was Sebastian who had to die not Ciel. If Sebastian died, Ciel would gain his humane senses back.
I hope that the bird or anyone would save poor Ciel from the horrible beast Sebastian.
Mar 16, 2015 6:20 AM

Jun 2013
That surely is one hell of an anime.

Well done. I still want to see Sebastian's true form. He's still badass.

I can feel Ciel's agony. He really wants to end up his suffering. His father is really handsome lololol.

I'm not contented with the ending. But good thing there's a second season, then the Book of Circus, and the Book of Murder.
Apr 9, 2015 5:01 AM

Jan 2013
I guess the ending didn't flop the entire show, which is good. 8/10 I hope I'm not being too generous
May 12, 2015 7:14 AM

Mar 2014
I have no idea what to think of this anime.

1. Ciel died and it shocked me, honestly I was completely prepared for some deus-ex-machina crappy ending, but he did die and I like that. Well, actually, it made me sad, but like I said, if he lived there wouldn't be much sense to the contract between him and Sebastian, right? So it's a sad, but fullfilling ending.
2. I still don't understand some parts of the story. That mark on Ciel's body? Those hooded people in masks he kept remembering? Like, WHAT?! If I had to watch a little kid die, at least tell me the whole story.
3. I liked the servants. I thought they were just there for the laughs, and then poof they turn out badass and you finally understand what's their purpose in the show.
4. Some moments between Sebastian and Ciel made my skin crawl.
5. What exactly were they trying to accomplish with so many episodes about curry...
6. Character design is cute

Yes, I still have no idea how to rate this hahah
Jun 2, 2015 3:25 PM
Oct 2014
PrimeX said:
and so it ends.. on a somewhat anti-climatic ending. I have a lot of questions like why did the queen killed Ciel's parents? what for? and why did Ciel's father accepted it like it's the most common thing in the world? and why were there so many yaoi tendencies? This show is actually good despite all these unanswered questions ( maybe there were explained but definitely in the vaguest way possible) and even though there were annoying and boring moments here and there I'd say I pretty much enjoyed it all-throughout.

7/10

The queen killed his parents because she was under the influence of the angel, so since the Phantomhive family represents the congregation of the "uncleanliness" in the world, she/the angel decided to start with them in their purification of the world. Ciel's father accepted it for the same reason that Ciel couldn't kill the queen in the previous episode: loyalty to the queen and the tradition of the Phantomhive name. Although it may seem unreasonable to us, I'm sure that if his father had a whole story to himself that loyalty would prove to be essential to his character. As for why it has so many yaoi scenes... I'll leave that up to you xD
Jun 10, 2015 1:18 PM
May 2015
Sorry for my english but, someone knows the name of the song that plays while sebastian is looking to the bridge with the dead angel in it with ciel in his arms?
Jun 20, 2015 11:56 AM

Feb 2015
I imagine that Sebastian's real form is feminine, beautiful yet horrifying. As for my reaction to this episode... I'm totally confused! Yeah, the ending was good and all but why are there so many unanswered questions?!
Jun 29, 2015 11:35 PM

Apr 2015
WHAT DOES HIS REAL FORM LOOK LIKE?! I want to know... T~T

Sebastian *ate* Ciel! (Yaoi fangirls unite!)

It sounds weird when I say that sentence XD

I'll be reading fanfics now...

“Even if the attention isn’t forever, I’ll keep singing.”
Jul 27, 2015 9:53 AM
May 2015
That was awesome!
Sep 11, 2015 7:45 PM
Dec 2009
I've never read the manga or seen the movie or anything, so I came into this series fresh. It was really hard for me to get into at first, but it definitely had it's moments. Some of them episodes would really pull me in, and others... just not. I liked a lot of the Sherlock Holmes type episodes where they were solving little mysteries or one shots. This was actually more interesting to me than the real story.

I liked the end because it wrapped most things up. It was done a lot better than I expected, it was a great combination of emotion and action. Loved it!
I wish they had mentioned if the housekeepers lived or not. What I'm surprised by is that there seem to be several OVA and even a second season... but I thought this was a pretty deadend ending. Did they redo it or something? I'll have to look into that.
Jan 12, 2016 12:20 AM

Dec 2015
I wanted to see Sebastian's real form, too! Dammit.

And it was a fitting ending. Too bad I know there's a second season. Now I'm dying to watch it.
Feb 24, 2016 3:48 PM

Jun 2015
Another overrated trash!
2/10

Next!
Mar 27, 2016 11:57 AM

Feb 2015
It's seriously different from the manga but despite it, I found it highly entertaining. 7/10 simply because it suffered a little from the pacing.
Apr 3, 2016 6:36 AM

Nov 2011
First half was meh, 2nd half was very good. 6.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
May 22, 2016 7:06 PM
Dec 2015
I'm sad, but yet happy. Ciel got his wish to die, and I get to be all fangirly that Sebastian ate Ciel, but still. I kinda wanted Ciel to live, and he IS one of the main characters after all. It's bittersweet.
May 29, 2016 4:27 PM

Nov 2014
Om nom nom ^_^
Sebastian was so cool in that fight! How'd he get his arm back? Oh well, probably some kind of demon ability. Great last episode! Now for season 2, and Book of Circus!
Aug 26, 2016 3:41 PM
Dec 2014
I wish they had shown Sebastien true form.

Here my verdict
-The plot is not complex enough but it's not bad too.
-The music was amazing
-The character designs are great
-I like the fight scenes they are funny

7/10 with a more complex plot I would give it 9/10.
Oct 26, 2016 7:13 AM

Oct 2016
The ending was beautiful and sad. It was a great episode as a whole and so I give it 9/10
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 18, 2016 7:13 AM

May 2016
One of the best series I have ever seen
Dec 15, 2016 7:38 AM
Dec 2016
WHERE WAS I IN 2009!!!! OMG YOU GUYS
Dec 23, 2016 3:52 PM
Jun 2015
Me gustó pero me confundió más ;-;. Supongo que tendré que leer el manga...
Feb 5, 2017 11:13 AM

Feb 2015
That ending was pretty impressive.

Was disappointed by the angels = villains trope, though. I swear, it's more common than making angels simply the good guys at this point.
Aug 28, 2017 11:18 PM

Jun 2016
Waaaah. I can't believe I finished this series this fast. That was beautiful and melancholic way to end its 1st season.

RIP Pluto. You'll be missed so much. You were such a good boy and yet you were used. Idk if I'm wrong or right, though, so Pluto was the one who also burned the Phantomhive mansion killing Ciel's parents. Fucking Angela; I'm so happy she was brutally killed.

I love how its open-ended. Ugh. I think Sebby didn't kill or take Ciel's soul. I just know it. Hihi.
Forgodsake. They should've shown us the true form of Sebby as a demon. I bet he doesn't look hideous and he still look hot as fuck.

So in love with this show. That was a great experience watching it, though it has its down moments.

9/10 :D

P.S I forgot to mention Undertaker and Grell appearance. Ugh. They somehow lighten up the ending because it's so dark. Love them so much!

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Nov 8, 2017 4:27 AM

Sep 2017
I loved this episode. This had to be the most satisfying anime ending I've ever seen. A fantastic show deserves a fantastic end and Black Butler delivered with an emotional and fitting one.
Jan 3, 2018 3:19 PM
Jul 2018
First half was very fun but when it started with but things got too weird when fillers begin. was expecting some slice-of-life filler episode but the story went too far for a butler anime.. especially some canon character deaths and extremely uninteresting antagonist. Also drama could been done better but the ending totally baffled me! truly fitting ending for alternate timeline (I never thought about that happening because I thought we could see Ciel again in s2(2009) but now I see original 2nd season starts with completely new MC..)

Anyway overall it worth the watch indeed!

Mar 6, 2018 2:23 AM
Mar 2018
Why didn't Grell help Sebastian????? I was expecting that...
and why Sebastian lose his arm and didn't regain...
Although,i enjoyed a lot the ending!!!!
I can't wait to wacth the second season. I'm gonna start right now
Aug 10, 2019 12:23 AM
Nekogirl~

Mar 2014
I would have liked to see his demon form.
Other then that Idk I know and it was ok for me that ciel would die at the end, but this exact turnout was somewhat not really 100% satisfying.
That is why I dropped my vote from the inicial 8 (2 episode) to an 7.
Stll really pretty nice show, will not land on my fav anime list but still pretty nice developed.

Oct 9, 2019 10:16 AM
Jan 2017
never mess with sebastian..
Ciel losing his motivation to pulfill his wish for revenge,, and make hime doub to kill the queen making his doubful soul look uninteresting for sebastian and sebasian leave him..
the soul full of hatred and losing just because the death of detective making ciel down into poorness and nothing without sebastian..
at the time without his master sebastian look like feel a lonelines like life without purpose and feel ao sad..
but after ciel know the promise that he spoke at the first making the contract with sebas and getting beack his soul.. sebas back.. hmmm thats very interesting..

and ahh just like the other anime.. the angel is always feel worst then devil.. just like cringe with their holyness and clean or something making them act too much.
and worst then devil do..
when sebastian told ciel close his eyes until he finish kill the angel ,, he using his original devil form and slay the angel with no mercy.. woah that so badass but i wonder
how look like sebastian true form..

and the last time when sebastian take ciel soul.. is that with kiss??
very great anime i love it
8/10
Pages (7) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kuroshitsuji Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

MaxwellLily - Oct 16, 2008

120 by 0rganic »»
Sep 20, 8:01 AM

Poll: » Kuroshitsuji Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Bloodshot-Shanks - Nov 23, 2008

116 by LilyRae »»
Sep 18, 3:16 PM

Poll: » Kuroshitsuji Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

nehnehneji - Oct 2, 2008

217 by goodname2 »»
Aug 26, 6:56 AM

Poll: » Kuroshitsuji Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

MaxwellLily - Oct 9, 2008

146 by Nari_ko »»
Jul 17, 10:50 AM

Poll: » Kuroshitsuji Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

removed-user - Nov 29, 2008

102 by GoldenTigress »»
Jul 11, 5:45 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.