Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 28, 2018 7:30 PM

Apr 2016
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
that angry Katakuri face!!
I love when Brook takes his Luffy mask off and everyone thinks he tore his skin off LOL
Sanji fighting Daifuku also looked really awesome
its interesting to see Ichiji, Niji and Yonji still without empathy as they are about to die, but of course Judge is crying and whining
Apr 28, 2018 7:33 PM

Mar 2016
It may looked like a good plan, but it didn't worked, now it's time to improvise. Sanjis father, the big boss of Germa 66 crying? Couldn't believed that, I would ask for a copy of that picture. Seems Katakuri is in a fight mood, Big momma it's out of herself and its time for another move, will it work?
No tomo malas decisiones, solo me gusta apoyar causas perdidas.
Disfruté Mayoiga, Ou-sama Game, Evil or Live, Mirai Nikki, Big Order, Arifureta, Ex-Arm, Tesla Note, Shuumatsu no Harem y Platinum End
nope les falle con esa, lo siento pero todos tenemos nuestros límites.
Así de jodido es mi gusto en anime, ¡Y estoy pinche orgulloso de ello!

Apr 28, 2018 7:35 PM

Dec 2013
Of course it isn’t going according to plan. Big Mom has been overloaded due to her rage lol

Judge cried like a bitch!

Katakuri looks terrifying!!
Apr 28, 2018 11:46 PM

Feb 2014
When Sanji's brothers were acting so nonchalant I was expecting them to just break free or something, guess not.

Judge crying had me laughing.

Apr 29, 2018 12:16 AM

Sep 2017
Don't worry it Sanji's father, sanji coming save.
Apr 29, 2018 1:33 AM

Dec 2014
well another stretched out episode...brook peeling his face off was so funny
Apr 29, 2018 1:54 AM

Sep 2014
Well they dragged this out quite a lot. Brook removing his Luffy's mask was pretty funny. Judge crying was quite satisfying too while his sons were apathetic about dying lol Katakuri makes his move now.
Apr 29, 2018 2:56 AM

Jul 2010
This was very good episode. Daifuku for example I find his powers very useless (I dont read the manga ,so I dont know his full extend power) ,but from what i can see it leaves him very vulnerable. Simply go for him while he is polishing his belly lol in order to control the Ginny xD. I am kinda disappointing from Judge I mean come on you are the head of Germa 66 even in this very dreadful situation act with pride whats with all these tears and whining :). On the other hand Katakuri seems very promising :)
Apr 29, 2018 2:56 AM

Jul 2016
Sanji about to enter badass mode
Apr 29, 2018 2:57 AM

Jan 2018
I loved Sanji's fight with Daifuku , it was awesome and especially the "Flambage Shot" scene . Man , that was cool .
Apr 29, 2018 3:15 AM
Jun 2016
CAN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE! can someone tell me which chapter is this ep? gonna continue the manga
Apr 29, 2018 3:15 AM
Jun 2016
CAN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE! can someone tell me which chapter is this ep? gonna continue the manga
Apr 29, 2018 3:17 AM

Feb 2013
I'm so happy to see Judge cry like that, he totally deserves to die.
Apr 29, 2018 3:38 AM
Jun 2015
Lawliet3rd said:

chapter 864 don't read the manga it's cold the anime is better
Apr 29, 2018 3:58 AM

Nov 2016
Everyone has the power to change the future.

Liked how Bege was belittling Katakuri at the end.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 29, 2018 4:20 AM

May 2014
thesilverspear said:
Lawliet3rd said:

Hope you're trolling cause the anime is nowhere near the level of the manga
Apr 29, 2018 4:31 AM
Sep 2017
Happy to see judge cry like that

also Brook was badass in this this episode

just want the Vinsmoke brothers to join in this fight alsoo

Apr 29, 2018 4:43 AM

Sep 2014
Kazataro said:
thesilverspear said:

Both are great. The anime version is really not bad. Have you not seen the quality of that episode?
Apr 29, 2018 5:41 AM

Jun 2015
Judge crying? Pathetic.
Apr 29, 2018 6:23 AM
Jun 2015
t
Kazataro said:
thesilverspear said:

that's your own opinion but i agree that studio toei is bad
Apr 29, 2018 6:53 AM
Jul 2016
Judge crying was one of the best scenes on Whole Cake's arc.

Also, Bege confronting Katakuri like that? waaay too good ><
Apr 29, 2018 7:36 AM

Sep 2015
Light-Yagami-God said:
Judge crying? Pathetic.

Exactly, a pathetic old man who dedicated his whole life for revenge, sacrificed his own wife and childs and just now realized that all was for nothing.
Apr 29, 2018 7:50 AM
Jul 2016
Sasuke in one piece? :P hehehe
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 29, 2018 2:17 PM
Jun 2015
two legendary shots from today's episode
Apr 29, 2018 2:23 PM

May 2017
I like the soundtrack at the confrontation between Bege and Katakuri
Apr 29, 2018 2:33 PM

May 2013
Morgans the camera man xd btw this is first time we see Jimbei use haki.

Apr 29, 2018 2:49 PM

Nov 2011
Judge is so lame. After acting like a big shot, he ends up crying lol.
Apr 29, 2018 3:56 PM

Jul 2013
I wanna take this opportunity to share a little something about my personal experience regarding the whole anger management thing. People might be thinking that what happened to Big Mom was ridiculous or unbelieveable and well it might be but believe me when I say anger is a very powerful emotion that you need to release or it will fuck up your head. Not necessarily you'll go crazy but there will be neurological consequences that might lead to death. I won't go into too much details but one of my fellow patients in the neuro ward was given a couple of months, a year at max left to live cause of some issues with his brain and the cause? Pent up anger. Some people break and smash things some say pretty harsh words to others but no matter what you gotta find a way to release that anger. Fuck this just really mean a lot to me and it just got personal and to think this episode is kinda boring too aside from that of course. Lastly, Judge is a little bitch.
Apr 29, 2018 5:18 PM

May 2015
Judge *Sigh*

Typical dictator bullsh*t he/she can kill whoever he/she like but when it comes to them they end up shivering like the p*$$ies they are...
Apr 29, 2018 6:37 PM

Jul 2013
Fuck Judge. Was so nice to see him getting what he deserved. The things he did in the past to Sanji and also to his other sons who have no more emotions and don't even fear their own deaths was just cruel. And now he's crying. What a pathetic guy.

Seems like Big Mom didn't react the way Bege planned it. She was to angry on Luffy for ruining the wedding cake. And her rage was stronger as the sorrow for the picture. Atm she's extremely confused and doesn't even perceive anything around her.

I also had to laugh when Brook took of the mask and everyone thought he ripped of his face :D

Damn Katakuri looks pissed. I wonder if Jimbei and Pedro can stop him. I'm also not sure about Luffy showing Big Mom the picture again. Will this even do anything?

Was nice to see Sanji fightning again. Next episode should be good.

Apr 29, 2018 9:20 PM

May 2011
I love the part when Judge cried like a little bitch while Morgans was taking his pics lol And Toei just spent all their one piece budget on that last Sanji kick, rip the rest of the arc
Apr 29, 2018 11:12 PM

Mar 2015
Aw shit yeah things are heating up! I really hope Pudding comes to her senses sooner than later! I still really like her.

Also really loved seeing Judge finally lose it when he realises he's nothing without his scientific marvels!

Can't wait for the next bit!!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Apr 30, 2018 2:53 AM

Jan 2010
Oh man, I can't wait for the next episode! Sanji is going to look really cool and it'll probably be an emotional moment.
(|__/) Never give up, aim for the top!
(='.'=) Top wo nerae!
o(")(") Anime music: http://myanimelist.net/blog.php?eid=777199
Apr 30, 2018 12:59 PM

Feb 2017
bunny1998 said:
Happy to see judge cry like that

also Brook was badass in this this episode

just want the Vinsmoke brothers to join in this fight alsoo

Lol yes it's everywhere talking about luffy.....and....... I CANT SAY UH I don't to screw it for the anime watchers like us but I'm kinda happy someone is feeling me xd
May 1, 2018 7:45 AM

Mar 2016
Brook is always there to save the day (by improvising to get the plan moving)

Feel the pain Judge, feel the shame!
Damn, Katakuri looks badass! (Obviously!)
May 1, 2018 11:43 AM

May 2010
Wow, what's up with Judge lol? He's kinda pathetic. I was expecting him to be, I don't know... tougher? :x
May 1, 2018 3:44 PM

May 2014
My reaction to Judge crying:
Just Monika.
May 2, 2018 6:34 AM

Jul 2008
Judge is officially the biggest bitch in this series....yes even over Spandam.
May 4, 2018 10:01 PM

Nov 2014
TrumpAnime said:
When Sanji's brothers were acting so nonchalant I was expecting them to just break free or something, guess not.

Same. It is better to lack empathy than to act like their idiot father. I guess it is only time I was happy they feel nothing. I am sure they'll still feel nothing when Sanji saves them all tho.
May 6, 2018 8:31 PM

Feb 2013
Why do the supposed *leaders* of the underworld act like grade schoolers? Like it really takes me out of the moment when these people who supposedly control all criminal activities around the world start pointing and laughing saying *haha look hes crying!!* like children. it's so bad lol.

Also Germa 66 just laughing about dying was a little much, they should have just stayed calm and accepted it like the sister. It ACTUALLY would have been really cool if they were laughing because they could break out, they are super human after all, and that would have been something I wouldn't have seen coming and much more interesting of an outcome. But no, they're just laughing because they're idiots, rivaling even Judge at looking stupid as he does his best infant impression. Seriously, why is it so hard for this show to have their characters cry in a believable manner? It's so over the top it hurts to watch sometimes.

Also Katakuri is one of the few bad guys that isn't drawn really goofy, he actually looks and sounds like a threat. And a character I originally laughed at, Bege, was also really cool this episode. Never thought they could pull off making his character interesting to me, but they did.
Shape430May 6, 2018 8:55 PM
May 9, 2018 4:12 PM

Apr 2013
Damn Katakuri looks pissed, hope he destroys Bege next episode. I really don't like him.
May 9, 2018 6:29 PM

Dec 2014
Morgan sure is having his fun with all these events that are transpiring around him. xD

Judge deserved to be humiliated like that.
I like how Reiju comments on how it's because of his own doing that his sons are incapable of showing emotion towards their own impending doom.

Katakuri means business.

The animation for Sanji's Flamberge shot was really really good. :O
May 11, 2018 4:38 PM
May 2013
even tho i love OP, the anime just depresses me at this point. Ill just hope for an unlikely remake by a competent, not completely greedy anime studio. Not hatin, just venting some of my frustration.
May 12, 2018 1:15 AM

Aug 2014
I'll be sure to rewatch the whole arc once it's finished, the important parts are dragged out so much. I am legit shipping Sanji and Pudding now, hopefully she'll change her mind eventually, just like Violet did.
Aug 8, 2018 12:59 PM

Dec 2016
An all around great episode, my favorite scene being the extremely well animated scene of Sanji kicking the genie in the face near the end. Simply awesome
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Jan 12, 2020 1:57 PM
Jul 2018
Judge looking all weak, whiny, and pathetic. And I don't even feel the slightest sympathy for him. He should take a look at his sons. The way how they acted all carefree and nonchalant towards their impending death, even laughing about it, was honestly sad. Judge modified their bodies so much and this is what's happening. Reap what you sow Mr. Just reap what you sow. Please Morgan, keep taking more pictures of his embarrassing state.

Oho, look at Bege talk. He does have a point. Just because Katakuri can see the future slightly doesn't mean it is set in stone. I am really liking the addition of Bege in this arc.

Speaking of Katakuri, the guy really looks menacing and threatening. One of the few antagonists who aren't really portrayed in a cartoon-ish sort of way.
Jul 19, 2020 4:55 PM

Jun 2016
I didn't know how to feel at the start of this episode. Seeing Mom get dizzy and not shriek felt like it was stalling for time at its worst, I was waiting for something important to happen. And then, while Sanji showing compassion to Pudding looked to be great, it became something far too similar to Baby 5 and Sai’s encounter in Dressrosa. We had the evil girl who was the product of her circumstances and the insidious family around her. In both cases a great guy and an opponent of her family who sees her pain wants to help her, while one of her family members dismisses her as conditional, calling her convenient, or in this case useless. Finally through fighting for this woman's hand in marriage by beating the opponent, she will realize what true unconditional love and acceptance is like, and she will turn from her evil ways. At least if it sticks to the Baby 5 scenario. The opponent that Sanji is fighting isn't like Lao G outside of his narrative role, but his power is still incredibly strange, as does his role in the story feel like it is probably nothing more than an antagonistic force to promote character development. As you can see I felt like this was the first mediocre episode of the wedding, I wanted to fast forward it at times, and I think it was a direct re-do of something we have seen in the past which perplexed me.

But after that the next two scenes and advancements were excellent and the latter was my favourite part yet. To start with the first, it was the Vinsmoke family finally being aware of their circumstance and being surrounded. To start with what this means for the future, I was incredibly worried that they would not understand that Sanji wanted to save them and in turn they would see this as nothing more than ruining Judge’s dream. If this occurred I could imagine them finding weapons and becoming enemies to their saviors. By having the Big Mom family show their hand, this is no longer a possibility in my mind, and further, it would not be in line with One Piece to kill them off in a brutal and nihilistic fashion. So speaking from a meta perspective, I am not worried and this advancement only helps our boys. But the character aspect of the scene also deserves addressing. I had stated that there was something sad about Judge, he was a man who was clearly living in the past and appeared to be a shell of what I imagine his former self was. He simply expanded on this here, after probably fighting to reach a state of contentment out of self-depreciation and ego for so long, it was torn from under him and he couldn't help but let his sadness out. On the other hand, my hope that the brothers were truly human to a degree and not completely brainwashed was somewhat thrown out the window by their bizarre and unsettling laughter over the scenario, completely unafraid to die.

On the other hand, my best boy Bege had his biggest moment yet! While continuing to put up an act of being on Mom’s side, news came forward that they could still push Mom into shrieking. A crossroads appeared, he may either feign ignorance or go all-in. And the incredible thing is, ALL the evidence he needed to make that gamble was nothing more than the look on Katakuri’s face. By seeing his pale face, a gut feeling of sorts, he was ready to make a gamble that there was a chance of victory. By announcing to everyone that he is a traitor by calling to his allies like a complete badass, he proved to everyone he has guts. Typically he may rely on strategy like quick assassinations, ambushes, disguises, but he is completely willing to get his hands dirty and directly gamble his life over nothing more than the look on his enemies face. I was completely blown away, and his depraved smile as he refused and directly challenged Katakuri told me that this is in fact what he lives for. Facing impending doom in the face and banking on his victory. You know, other than living for his baby boy Pez! What a man!!!!! I would argue the only new aspect of his character that was revealed here was his gutsy quick thinking and decisive action, but his other character traits were at their best showing too.

Pudding, Jimbei, Brook, Bege, everyone is getting such great moments!!!!! And the chaos can go anywhere!!
Aug 9, 2021 6:40 PM

Sep 2015
I think Big Moms confusion to how she felt happend when Brook took off his face covering to reveal himself, which was a mistake, since Big Mom adored liked and valued Brook so much. I think if that didn't happen she would've ended up shrieking.

And it serves Judge right for treating Sanji terribly in the past, now he knows what it feels to be betrayed and felt tossed away like Sanji did, along with experiencing his emotionless sons, expecting them to do something or fear, and I bet he has some form of regrets now. His tears are so pleasing to look at, it would make out to be a very good wanted poster xD

And also the soundtrack that was played when Bege and Katakuri came face to face was just epic and perfect !!
August 6th 2023: Biggest upset ever, deception, selfishness, or scammed, manipulated. Heavy damage costs, and more. Days since: 15 Last updated: 8/21/2023

One Piece Episode 1041 & 1042 & 1047 & 1048 & 95.75%/1049 & 1053 were a mistake and Uta brought the salvation -AhriTheS3xyFox

Aug 23, 2021 1:57 AM

Jun 2019
Katakuri is gonna go apeshit. It feels like that.

Judge crying made my day.
Sep 5, 2021 4:50 AM

Aug 2021
Sanji's fight was too good

Katakuri's gonna go berserk now
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» A new Shanks card has been drawn by Yuto Suzuki, the author of Sakamoto Days !!

Hickykissy - Yesterday

4 by S1N1STOR »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1089 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

FMmatron - Jan 6

184 by FardinF »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1120 Discussion

IzanaSolos - Sep 21

46 by camghost10 »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 598 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Wind_Sr - Jun 1, 2013

97 by TheAquilaSamurai »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » Would you prefer that One Piece to be a seasonal anime or a long-running anime ?

KingSunWukong - Sep 25

18 by Chris_Concept »»
6 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.