Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Aug 1, 2014 3:15 PM
Mar 2013
She is one of Ash's new traveling companions in the XY anime.
Aug 7, 2014 4:57 AM

Jun 2009
Tbh, I can't stand Amourshipping. I liked it at the beginning, I thought they looked cute together and the whole childhood friends thing was adorable. However, it just annoyes me at this point. It's like "hey let's just throw hints in your face all the time". I seriously don't get why they feel the need to do this with Serena when they never did it like that with any other girl traveling with Ash. All shippings hat their moments but it was still all up to interpretation and with Serena it's like she doesn't have any other purpose than constantly blushing because of Satoshi.. who knows, maybe I wouldn't even mind it that much if she did anything BESIDES constantly blushing because of him but at this point she has no goal, simply no other purpose than having a crush on him.
Talking about that, most of those hints are just thrown in totally random and out of nothing.. like the "I'll steal him away from you" in ep 26/27 or the photo blushing.. those were just things thrown in to have a shipping moment and nothing really part of the story (might be said about a few of the other ships moments as well but imo it's just way more obvious here).
It's not even that I dislike Serena but the shipping is just annoying me at this point.

As for Satoshi ship, Pokeshipping is still my favorite (and propably always will be simply cause as a child I had no doubt that they were a couple), I adore Advanceshipping because of the adorable fanart and I hate Pearlshipping with a passion because I absolutly loath Hikari xD Can't say anything about Iris as I haven't watched BW yet..

Other than that I ship quite a lot of pairings (how did nobody talk about Rocketshipping yet?) in the anime as well as the manga, but my favorite couple of all time will always be Oldrivalshipping, and that tops even Poke- and Contestshipping, which means I ship it HARDCORE. <3
Aug 7, 2014 2:59 PM
Mar 2013
PokeL said:
Other than that I ship quite a lot of pairings (how did nobody talk about Rocketshipping yet?) in the anime as well as the manga, but my favorite couple of all time will always be Oldrivalshipping, and that tops even Poke- and Contestshipping, which means I ship it HARDCORE. <3
Oh yeah that's right love RocketShipping as well. Jessie and James are perfect for each other and I'm pretty sure all Rocketshippers knows what happens with these two in the manga!

krisichiki said:
Yeah.. kinda sad to see Serena being used like that with no other purpose. I admit it's starting to annoy me a bit too.
If they are going to keep this up the entire Kalos saga it's going to become quite irritating. Ship tease is fine and all but gets really annoying when the character just basically sits at "has a crush on x" forever with no development, goal or purpose.
Personally I have mixed feelings about it.

On the one hand I like how they are trying something new. Serena is the first heroine in the entire series that doesn't have a clear goal yet. A major reason she is traveling with Ash is to figure out what she wants to do with her life.

That's something that all of us have to go through too. So on that level I can connect with her. However, I would appreciate it if they brought more attention to this matter.

We had one early on in the series about Rhyhorn racing but that's about it. She needs more development in order for people to connect with her character. Judging by the how anime is going so far I doubt we'll be seeing that anytime soon though.
Aug 8, 2014 10:19 AM

Jun 2009
emeraldrosary said:

On the one hand I like how they are trying something new. Serena is the first heroine in the entire series that doesn't have a clear goal yet. A major reason she is traveling with Ash is to figure out what she wants to do with her life.

That's something that all of us have to go through too. So on that level I can connect with her. However, I would appreciate it if they brought more attention to this matter.

It's not really that new though, we kind of had that with Haruka already, who also didn't have a real goal when she started traveling - she hated Pokemon and just wanted to travel for the sake of it. But she got her development rather sooner than later and tbh I don't see this happening with Serena anytime soon :/
Aug 16, 2014 6:17 AM
Mar 2014
PokeL said:

It's not really that new though, we kind of had that with Haruka already, who also didn't have a real goal when she started traveling - she hated Pokemon and just wanted to travel for the sake of it. But she got her development rather sooner than later and tbh I don't see this happening with Serena anytime soon :/

To be fair the writers repeat old character storyiines/personalities on new characters all the time. Iris was designed to be similar to Misty, and Dawn felt like a combination of Ash and May's storylines/personalities roled into one.

Serena does feel like May did at the beginning of Hoenn, but the difference is May was just handled so much better. She's basically a repeat of very early Hoenn May, just more girly and with a big crush on Ash to the point where she hardly does anything.
Aug 31, 2014 4:17 AM

Sep 2012
Obviously you guys have never seen any Red x Gary doujins.

All of my yes.
Nov 11, 2014 3:40 PM

May 2013
lol Amourshipping seem's to be stronger now
Nov 11, 2014 3:42 PM

Jul 2012
May x Drew was the only thing I cared for.
Nov 13, 2014 5:20 PM

Dec 2009
orithyea said:
emeraldrosary said:
Ah yes, the old PalletShipping. Gary was a cool rival, too bad he's dropped off the map since B/W season.

Palletshipping will never die.

So true :) Palletshipping FTW!!! ^__^
May 22, 2015 11:38 PM
May 2015
What about psychicshipping ash x Anabel
May 22, 2015 11:44 PM

Feb 2015
I ship RedXCynthia.I know its not gonna happen.But one can dream :(
May 23, 2015 12:00 AM

Mar 2013
AmourShipping or PearlShipping
added the fourth most popular anime onto this site
May 23, 2015 3:15 PM

Sep 2009
Mh up to now nearly all female companions of Ash had some kind of rival or other person that just fitted better to be called a pairing..
May had Drew, Dawn had Paul or even Zoey, Iris.. I don't really ship her with anyone.

So Misty and Serena would be left.
Both of them got a lot of hints regarding a romantic relationship with Ash.
I mean Serena even has this childhood thing going on but personally I don't like their chemistry at all :O
So in the end I ship Ash with Clemont and that's it XD

My favorite Pokémon pairing in the anime would be Contestshipping I think c:

Jun 20, 2015 10:12 PM
Jun 2015
I'm pretty late to the party, but I'm going with Misty x Ash or Kasumi x Satoshi whichever you prefer. Of the girls Misty and Serena were the only two who I think made it very apparent that they had feelings for Ash.

However as a character I much prefer Misty, Serena isn't my cup of tea and she was basically in love from the start. Misty grew to care for Ash and the entire Orange island season was basically people pointing out that they belonged together. Danny, Rudy, you name it besides I think Ash showed a greater chance of liking Misty than Serena.
Jun 29, 2015 12:23 AM

Feb 2012
Sorry but Gary has been Building his Harem since ep 1 Ash cant even do that with 1 girl although misty is my fav but serena beating her out with cooking skills
Jun 30, 2015 5:36 PM
Jun 2015
AmourShipping and PokeShipping because I miss misty and I love Serena and her both
Jul 4, 2015 3:43 AM

Jun 2009
animefanitic said:
What about psychicshipping ash x Anabel

Isn't it called Abilityshipping?

However, this is another Ash pairing I absolute adore because it's 100% obvious and Anabel is adorable! Others would be Morpheusshipping (Aoi/Angie, the girl from summer school in DP because she has a similar role to Anabel and a similar personality to Misty and therfore combines my two favorite Satoshi pairings) and Altoshipping (Ash x Latias from the 5th movie).
Idk, I ship Ash with too many people except for Dawn and Serena lol.
(Also Gary and Richie, never forget about Gary!)
Aug 2, 2015 3:40 PM
Oct 2009
I support amourshipping because serena is the only female charackter that have feeling for ash. ^^
The other female charackters was more friendship etc.
Aug 11, 2015 10:41 AM
Mar 2014
Misty is very unlikely to appear ever again (they got rid of her 13 years ago, she hasn't had a cameo in a decade since 2005), so Pokeshipping was abandoned by the writers a long time ago. If the anime had ended after Johto then Pokeshipping probably would have become canon as Misty was the only girl at the time, but once they got rid of her and decided they were never bringing her back to the cast, it was obvious the ship was dead in the water.
Aug 12, 2015 1:20 PM
Aug 2015
I don't even consider other Shippings(excluding amour) to be legit. They were created just by getting hints of nice talks, they had nothing to do with love or crush.
Aug 13, 2015 5:26 PM

Jul 2012
Shipping in Pokemon is stupid imo. Ash and Serena aren't going to get together, and that's a fact.

I can't wait to see all the angry hardcore fans of Armourshipping not becoming canon, when Ash leaves to go to the next region. Serena will get 1 cameo and then we will never hear from her again. Like Misty, May, Dawn and Iris (And possibly Brock).

Then we are going to get a new shipping of fans of the new girl (who may have some kind of relation to Ash), and people are going to think that's going to become canon.

Its just funny and stupid at the same time, how the shippers cycle repeats itself.
Aug 15, 2015 4:57 AM

Jun 2009
FlameAzureKite said:
Shipping in Pokemon is stupid imo. Ash and Serena aren't going to get together, and that's a fact.

I can't wait to see all the angry hardcore fans of Armourshipping not becoming canon, when Ash leaves to go to the next region. Serena will get 1 cameo and then we will never hear from her again. Like Misty, May, Dawn and Iris (And possibly Brock).

Then we are going to get a new shipping of fans of the new girl (who may have some kind of relation to Ash), and people are going to think that's going to become canon.

Its just funny and stupid at the same time, how the shippers cycle repeats itself.

Exactly this.
Shipping in Pokemon in for FUN. There won't be any canon couples between any of the main characters EVER. At this point, Serena's one sided crush and the Contestshipping roses will most likely be the closest thing to canon we'll ever get. Love isn't what the show is about and it'll never be.
I enjoy shipping a lot but I'm aware of the fact that Ash will never get a girl. I just love searching for the hints that some characters are into each other. So I don't get why "Misty left years ago and will never come back" is a legit argument against Pokeshipping when the exact same thing will happend to Serena and every other girl to come. Since Misty left, all of the girls where just advertising for the new games so when the next gen is coming out, they will be replace with the next "advertisement girl".
So let us enjoy our "dead shipping" all we want because yours will be dead in a few years, too ^^
Aug 25, 2015 5:12 PM

May 2013
NotJizzyHitler said:
Ash gets all these girls, and he isnt even 11 yet. A true pimp

QFT. But Ash/Satoshi is already 11 in the recent movies.
The world shall know the truth soon.
Aug 27, 2015 12:36 AM
Mar 2014
PokeL said:

So I don't get why "Misty left years ago and will never come back" is a legit argument against Pokeshipping when the exact same thing will happend to Serena and every other girl to come. Since Misty left, all of the girls where just advertising for the new games so when the next gen is coming out, they will be replace with the next "advertisement girl".
So let us enjoy our "dead shipping" all we want because yours will be dead in a few years, too ^^

I suppose the difference with Misty is she's literally been gone forever. Its been almost 13 years now since Misty was written off way back in 2002, and as said her cameos never continued past Hoenn in 2005, so she hasn't even shown up in an episode in a decade.

The anime has now gone on for so long after Misty left that she retroactively became a short-lived character in the anime and is now gone for like 65-70% of its run, even though she was originally in every single episode. Since she was the first female to leave, she's obviously been gone the longest. Since we didn't know how long the show would go on at the time we didn't think of that back then.
Sep 7, 2015 4:54 AM
Apr 2013
Honestly , the only reason everyone so hype about Amourshipping because Serena is the only cute girl to have a Canon crush on Ash.
However , Ash & Dawn make far better couple! Their relationship is much more like a real couple.
To be honest . Dawn is the only girl who acted like Ash's partner.
Pearlshipping is just as perfect as Takari (TK X Kari).
Hack , Ash & Dawn can become just as Powerful couple as Shunichi & Ran (Detective Conan).
Sep 7, 2015 5:10 AM
Jul 2015
Ash x Latias
Sep 15, 2015 10:30 PM

Mar 2015
Ash x his hat.

Now then, with that out of the way, Red x Yellow or Red x Blue (girl) would be my preference~
Sep 29, 2015 6:34 AM

Jun 2013
I voted for Serena, but I actually like May better XD
But still, Korrina best girl lel

Nov 2, 2015 12:12 AM
Nov 2015
PokeL said:
FlameAzureKite said:

Exactly this.
Shipping in Pokemon in for FUN. There won't be any canon couples between any of the main characters EVER. At this point, Serena's one sided crush and the Contestshipping roses will most likely be the closest thing to canon we'll ever get. Love isn't what the show is about and it'll never be.
I enjoy shipping a lot but I'm aware of the fact that Ash will never get a girl. I just love searching for the hints that some characters are into each other. So I don't get why "Misty left years ago and will never come back" is a legit argument against Pokeshipping when the exact same thing will happend to Serena and every other girl to come. Since Misty left, all of the girls where just advertising for the new games so when the next gen is coming out, they will be replace with the next "advertisement girl".

Gee, I didn't know either of you had the ability to predict what will happen in the future! Tell me, did Ash win the Kalos League? What else happened?

If you're unable to answer those questions, then why are you both so certain about the future? Why then should we bother watching the show if we already know the alleged spoilers? Why did they bother with this entire ship tease if it won't happen? Ever considered the idea that maybe the status quo might be broken this time?

No point into shipping something if isn't gonna happen, and we may as well stop watching this show if Ash and his companions are all headed for failure anyway! What a waste of time!

Maybe you two should really reconsider and not be so dogmatic.
Nov 9, 2015 11:01 PM

Nov 2014

He has a point though.. Shipping in pokemon are supposed to be for fun.. there wouldn't be any conclusion since Pokemon are geared toward children which prefer to show about friendship than romantic things.. The shipping in pokemon are just fanservice for the shippers..

For Kalos League, pretty obvious that Ash won't win it (he can get pretty far though) You see, pokemon anime is use to advertise it's games.. and as long as they make a new generation, the pokemon anime won't end, which mean ash won't win the league since if it's the case then it's either finished or already close to the end of the story..

OT : Not really into a shipping things, but Misty or Serena would be a better choice since apparently May has Drew and Dawn relation with Ash is more of friendship rather than romantically things.. Haven't seen BW so i can't say anything about Iris :P
Izanagi777Nov 9, 2015 11:19 PM
Reality is the lifeblood that makes a work pulse with energy. Reality itself is entertainment

Nov 9, 2015 11:02 PM
Dec 2011
Onyx x Misty
Nov 9, 2015 11:07 PM

Nov 2012
This brings back memories. Back when I was a big fan of Pokemon, I shipped Dawn x Paul like crazy. Good old memories. I dunno if there are still people that ship them nowadays.
Nov 9, 2015 11:27 PM

Nov 2014
Zuihou said:
This brings back memories. Back when I was a big fan of Pokemon, I shipped Dawn x Paul like crazy. Good old memories. I dunno if there are still people that ship them nowadays.
I ship them for sure :3
Reality is the lifeblood that makes a work pulse with energy. Reality itself is entertainment

Jan 24, 2016 6:17 AM
Dec 2015
Ash x Misty
Brock x Ivy
May x Drew
Dawn x Kenny
Jassie x James
Tracey x Daisy
Trip x Iris
Cilan x Burgundy
Calem x Serena
Clemont x Korrina
Jan 24, 2016 6:20 AM

Nov 2015
brock x everyone
Jan 24, 2016 6:21 AM
Dec 2015
. She became a gym leader at the age of ten.
32 Reasons Misty From "Pokémon" Is The Very Best
Cartoon Network
Misty grew a lot as a water trainer in her journey with Ash and Brock, granting her the skills to become the Cerulean Gym Leader at such a young age.
2. She is smart.
Cartoon Network
…even if no one else is. Brock, you’re supposed to be training to be the best Pokémon breeder, and you don’t know what Venonat’s evolved form looks like?
3. She faces her fears head-on.
Cartoon Network
Even if that means running through a forest with disgusting bugs.
4. She has the makings of a great mother.
Cartoon Network
One look at Togepi will tell you that any of her future kids would adore her.
5. She is the queen of sass.
5. She is the queen of sass.
Cartoon Network
6. No one is immune to her wit.
Cartoon Network
Misty Waterflower, embarrassing people since 1998.
7. She knows when to walk away.
Cartoon Network
And leave Ash with the bill, for that matter.
8. Under her tough exterior is her soft side.
Cartoon Network
Usually reserved for water Pokemon. Or Paris.
9. Even though she’s not the greatest cook, she still tries her hardest.
Cartoon Network
C’mon, Ash, how could you say no to that face?
10. Even a little fire won’t stop her.
Cartoon Network
11. She won’t let anyone put her down.
Cartoon Network
That includes the likes of one Ash Ketchum.
12. She’ll risk her life for someone else.
Cartoon Network
Ash Ketchum, you wouldn’t be saving the world if it weren’t for Misty saving your butt all the time.
13. She’s the brains of the operation.
Cartoon Network
Hey, remember that time she single-handedly got all of her friends released from jail? Enough said.
14. She is the master of disguise.
Cartoon Network
It also gives her the ability to see through the disguises of others, unlike her male counterparts.
15. Yelling is one of her strong suits.
Cartoon Network
Sometimes, you just have to let it all out.
16. She has her priorities sorted out.
Cartoon Network
Ash may think that Pokémon is the most important thing in the world, but he’d be wrong.
17. She is a compassionate person.
Cartoon Network
She cares about her Pokémon, especially when they are hurting, even in the face of an insensitive Ash.
18. She has a sly disappearing act.
Cartoon Network
The girl can literally sink into the ground.
19. She’s not afraid to show her emotions.
Cartoon Network
20. She never let Psyduck stop her.
Cartoon Network
It’s surprising that she never murdered this monstrous headache.
21. She’s an expert fisherman.
Cartoon Network
She did catch the love of her life, after all.
22. She does what she has to do.
Cartoon Network
Whether it’s for herself or a person in need, Misty is willing to do whatever it takes to make things right again.
23. She holds everyone accountable.
Cartoon Network
Ash should think twice about lying to her because it’s only going to make matters worse.
23. She’s a fantastic swimmer.
Cartoon Network
Look at how effortlessly she dances with Seel. Perfection.
24. She knows how to put Ash in his place.

Cartoon Network

Cartoon Network

25. She has awesome sisters to help her in need.
Cartoon Network
Sure, Misty complains about her older sisters a lot, especially earlier on in the show, but you know that they care about our heroine. After all, she was essentially raised by them, and they will always help her in times of need.
26. Her medical skills are unmatched.
Cartoon Network
I mean, just look how awesome her patient care is — and with no prior experience!
27. She never backs down from a fight.
Cartoon Network
Unfortunately for Brock…
28. She’s not ashamed to eat whatever she wants.
Cartoon Network
29. She keeps up on her exercise routine.
Cartoon Network
While looking fabulous, I might add.
30. She races like a goddess.
Cartoon Network
Her Starmie is literally flying.
31. She tries to hide her feelings for Ash…
Cartoon Network
We all know she cares about him more than she lets on; showing it would give him power over her, and she can’t have that.
…except when another girl comes into the picture.
Cartoon Network
No one is going to steal her guy away. No. One.
32. And most importantly, she doesn’t rest until she gets what she wants.
Cartoon Network
She will have her bike back, damn it!
Bow down to Queen Misty!
tumblr.com
Jan 24, 2016 6:27 AM
Dec 2015
Even though I don't "hate" Serena I wanted to share a few things that nobody really noticed. This is more of an observation than anything else.Besides Serena being a walking female stereotype, a problem with Serena that not a lot of people talk about is her lack of contribution to the plot. Have you ever noticed when Ash is running his mouth off to characters of the day, Serena just stands there saying nothing and just looking bored? Or when Team Rocket shows up, she just cuddles Bonnie like Bonnie's life support or stands in the background waiting for Ash to solve the problem? The only things that she says is how great Ash is or just exposition. One thing that I also noticed about Serena is that her personality is very inconsistent. In most episodes she'll be a background character just standing there and talking exposition. But when there's a "Serena focused" episode, her personality completely changes. She always has this determined look plastered on her face ...moreM+15
Serena is boring. Extremely girly, cooking pastries, into fashion, dressing up, dressing up her Pokemon... I've seen Dawn do this in Sinnoh. What's worse is how her current interest has nothing to do with battling, the core element of Pokemon. Pokemon performers seem really sexist. First of all it's females only. A gender specific competition in Pokemon is odd. Secondly, again, there's no battling. It's like the creators were thinking "Oh. Boys only battle. Girls like to dress up, look cute and dance." Again, somewhat sexist.M+49
In all my years of Pokemon, never have I seen such a useless character. Every one of Ash's companions were unique, and they had original designs and personalities. Serena is just a stereotype barbie doll. All she ever does is think about looking pretty and getting Ash's attention. Everyone says that Dawn and Misty served no purpose and that they were stereotypes. Are you kidding me!? Misty was a cool tomboy who would put on nice clothes every now and then. And sure, Dawn was a girly-girl but unlike a stereotype girly-girl Dawn only put on special clothes to look feminine, not to show off. And unlike the other pokegirls, Serena had no special design. Strawberry blonde hair, blue eyes, sound familiar? Not only that but Serena's goal was super stupid. A Pokemon performer? All they do is dress-up and show-off their Pokemon. They don't even show the true point of the show, battling. If you all noticed, Ash, Brock, Misty, May, Dawn, Iris, and Cilan's goals all had something to do with ...moreM+14
I finally find people that hate her I hate a lot shes ugly rude she even yelled at her Pokemon and slapped ash over a piece of cake and I have a crush on ash and drew
Jan 29, 2016 12:30 AM
Dec 2015
Ash and Misty forever
Feb 1, 2016 9:20 AM
Feb 1, 2016 9:21 AM
Feb 1, 2016 9:24 AM
Jan 2013
Metapod X Cloyster OTP
gone bai bai
Feb 1, 2016 9:29 AM

Dec 2015
lol pokemon is the most pointless anime to ship characters. Time never moves forward.

This started back when I was In diapers. lol

Imagine if Goku was still 10 years old :P

Feb 1, 2016 9:54 AM

Sep 2013
It's practically confirmed.

Mar 4, 2016 11:00 AM
Dec 2015
misty is a person who can replace everyone's place and her no one can
Mar 28, 2016 1:04 AM
Mar 2014
Martin-8890 said:
misty is a person who can replace everyone's place and her no one can

What does this even mean? Trying to champion Misty in the year 2016 is rather embarrassing, no offense.

Misty and Pokeshipping was basically a thing of the past if the anime ended after Kanto or Johto. Once the writers realized the show would go on for two decades, etc....they largely abandoned it.

Its literally been over 13+ years since Misty was written off back in 2002, and she hasn't even had a cameo in an episode in 11 years since 2005 when Ash came home from the Hoenn league. She's most likely never going to appear again outside of stuff like flashbacks and so forth.

Misty hasn't been around for 70% of the shows run now, she was basically just a short-lived character from the very beginning of the series.
Mar 28, 2016 1:12 AM

Jun 2014
Ash x Eureka for life ;)
Mar 28, 2016 3:42 AM

Nov 2012
Ash x Dawn all the way.I thought the Diamond and Pearl anime was actually pretty good.
Mar 28, 2016 11:09 AM
Jan 2015
Ash x Serena to be honest. However XY is ending soon and no progress. Feelsbadman
Shadow
Mar 28, 2016 11:16 AM

Jun 2013
Pearlshipping all the way <3 Though Amourshipping is also cute...
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Pokemon XY Episode 93 Discussion

ETX - Oct 27, 2015

27 by PrOxAnto »»
Mar 4, 7:48 AM

Poll: » Pokemon XY Episode 87 Discussion

Aipom - Sep 26, 2015

12 by PrOxAnto »»
Feb 20, 7:47 AM

Poll: » Pokemon XY Episode 86 Discussion

SweetKiichigo - Sep 9, 2015

19 by PrOxAnto »»
Feb 17, 8:33 AM

Poll: » Pokemon XY Episode 78 Discussion

SweetKiichigo - Jul 8, 2015

9 by PrOxAnto »»
Feb 7, 5:06 AM

Poll: » Pokemon XY Episode 72 Discussion

210125 - May 14, 2015

16 by PrOxAnto »»
Feb 6, 3:12 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.