Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Jun 29, 2013 3:59 PM

May 2013
From a kids's point of view a lot of things seem amazing at first. It's obvious that Kirino thought of her older brother way too highly and that he probably wasn't that amazing back then. If she hadn't ignored him for such a long time because of her disappointment she would have probably realized much sooner that he hasn't changed much at all and that he is still protecting his little sister as he did back then. Interesting episode. Waiting for the actual conclusion now...
Jun 29, 2013 3:59 PM

Feb 2012
deathmailrock said:

while in Usagi Drop, they aren't blood related, their age difference is huge and that is also disgusting, plus he raised her himself

So what? Love is paramount. Everyone can love everyone. As i said, i don't even have a problem with incest, BUT there is something like responsibility a person has for the people directly related(like children). As long as no third party will suffer(as incest children. And YES there are consequences for incest children. Stop your stupid cherry picking to sugarcoat your fetish), love is never wrong.
In 9/10 cases, the worst thing about an anime is its fandom.
Jun 29, 2013 4:03 PM

Sep 2011
This season was weak compared to Season 1 and the previous specials. Disappointed. 5/10.
Jun 29, 2013 4:04 PM

Jan 2012
Ghost-Lightning said:
Tenshi_Sky said:
Ghost-Lightning said:
Tenshi_Sky said:

You need to look deeper at why she called kirino creepy. She didn't want her to turn into a bro-con nor did she want kyou to be a sis-con. She called it creepy, to dissuade kirino from one day wanting to **** her brother. That's how it gets done (there are softer ways but still). When their father doesn't approve of it and kicks them out, where do they go? If they get shunned and made outcasts by everyone around them, what do they do? Manami SAVED them. The author ****ed it up, but she still did well enough to nip that **** in the bud.

I'm sorry but this is simply incorrect. I know the anime doesn't communicate this well, but Manami's motivations are NOT selfless.

Well you blame that on the ****ing idiots who rushed it and gave us this incestous garbage. Could they really not have become good siblings? You could tell it became garbage the moment kyou started acting like a sis-con. Dropped, **** the last 3 ep's. Thanks to spoilers, I know how it ends, and I'm glad I don't have to see that trash animated.

They actually would have become normal siblings had it not been for Manami's interference.

It's a bit of a read, but this post basically explains everything you'd want/need to know about the reasons for Kirino being a brocon and what not:

Love this post. Dutchguy pls.
Jun 29, 2013 4:05 PM

Sep 2012
Nucksen said:
deathmailrock said:

while in Usagi Drop, they aren't blood related, their age difference is huge and that is also disgusting, plus he raised her himself

So what? Love is paramount. Everyone can love everyone. As i said, i don't even have a problem with incest, BUT there is something like responsibility a person has for the people directly related(like children). As long as no third party will suffer(as incest children. And YES there are consequences for incest children. Stop your stupid cherry picking to sugarcoat your fetish), love is never wrong.

But you're making it seem like a child of incest will absolutely be born to a disability of some sort. This simply isn't the case.

Using this same logic, should a couple in which one partner has a mental or genealogical disability refrain from having children simply because the chance of passing it on exists? Personally, I don't believe so.
Jun 29, 2013 4:12 PM

May 2012
Why didn't they just add the specials to the series and do 16 eps instead of 13? Kind of annoyed we have to wait two months just to see the REAL ending.

Anyway, while I actually enjoyed this episode it really doesn't justify Kirino's violent treatment of her brother. As of now I'm hovering in between 6 and 7. As a whole, I didn't like it as much as the first season but the fact that Kirino wasn't as ridiculous is a big plus.

Jan 2012
Tenshi_Sky said:
Ghost-Lightning said:
Tenshi_Sky said:

You need to look deeper at why she called kirino creepy. She didn't want her to turn into a bro-con nor did she want kyou to be a sis-con. She called it creepy, to dissuade kirino from one day wanting to **** her brother. That's how it gets done (there are softer ways but still). When their father doesn't approve of it and kicks them out, where do they go? If they get shunned and made outcasts by everyone around them, what do they do? Manami SAVED them. The author ****ed it up, but she still did well enough to nip that **** in the bud.

I'm sorry but this is simply incorrect. I know the anime doesn't communicate this well, but Manami's motivations are NOT selfless.

Well you blame that on the ****ing idiots who rushed it and gave us this incestous garbage. Could they really not have become good siblings? You could tell it became garbage the moment kyou started acting like a sis-con. Dropped, **** the last 3 ep's. Thanks to spoilers, I know how it ends, and I'm glad I don't have to see that trash animated.

Jan 2012
This was a really half-baked ending to a pretty bad sequel to be honest. I was really into the first season but this was nowhere near on par in comparison.
Sep 2011
And this episode proves that focusing on Kirino and Kyousuke's complicated brother/sister relationship, and Kirino's love of otaku-y stuff whilst trying to maintain her popularity and reputation, are the most interesting parts of this series - and why I enjoyed the first season so much. All the annoying romantic harem subplotting with empty characters I care very little abot that surfaced in this season made it hard to watch for me; this was the only episode I actally enjoyed :/
Jun 29, 2013 4:16 PM

Feb 2012
Ghost-Lightning said:
]

But you're making it seem like a child of incest will absolutely be born to a disability of some sort. This simply isn't the case.

Using this same logic, should a couple in which one partner has a mental or genealogical disability refrain from having children simply because the chance of passing it on exists? Personally, I don't believe so.

Yes, not everyone will have disabled children, but the chances are significantliy higher.

I myself have an inheritable disease and while its not sure, that my children would have it too, i will not have children off my own(there still is adoption), because i do not want to make a person close to me suffer. A person cannot ignore its responsibilities.

Of course, this is a personal opinion and not directly to this at all, but an opinion one should be allowed to have. Even if Manami just said it to manipulate people, the statement is a valid opinion.
In 9/10 cases, the worst thing about an anime is its fandom.
Jun 29, 2013 4:17 PM
Dec 2011
ReasonDesu said:
This was a really half-baked ending to a pretty bad sequel to be honest. I was really into the first season but this was nowhere near on par in comparison.

Im pretty sure its not over yet
Jun 29, 2013 4:23 PM

Apr 2011
Incest or it never happened.
Jun 29, 2013 4:29 PM

Oct 2009
Nucksen said:
Ghost-Lightning said:
]

Yes, not everyone will have disabled children, but the chances are significantliy higher.

I myself have an inheritable disease and while its not sure, that my children would have it too, i will not have children off my own(there still is adoption), because i do not want to make a person close to me suffer. A person cannot ignore its responsibilities.

Of course, this is a personal opinion and not directly to this at all, but an opinion one should be allowed to have. Even if Manami just said it to manipulate people, the statement is a valid opinion.

Your statement is totally correct, just look at the history of British Royalty. Anyways if the incest couple didn't have any certain conditions, it's possible to have a healthy child. But due to genetics down grading each generation over time, their child's genetics can be weaker than the average. In today's world incest is not very wise.

2nd season: 5/10

Anyone wanting another incest anime I highly recommend: Yosuga no Sora XD
ToilgameshJun 29, 2013 4:37 PM
Jun 29, 2013 4:33 PM
Oct 2012
thisguy2011 said:
ReasonDesu said:

There are 3 more OVAs that will be released in August, but I cannot see that they no matter how good can redeem this season as an animation. The pacing, storytelling, plotting, and characters have all been greatly inferior to the first season. Mind you I am not talking about the source material, I am only speaking of how this season has been adapted.

The first 5 or 6 episodes were far too episodic, and even after they got into a multi-episode story there was very little continuity among the characters and the plot. Characters would disappear for 4 or 5 episodes, plots were mentioned and then dropped, with very little development (around Kuroneko in particular). Everything about this season was rushed and disjointed.

Since the animators knew from the beginning that they only had 15 episodes, there is no excuse for their inability to adapt the material. I would have dropped the track girl, anything to do with the club, and even Saori's backstory, not because they were bad in and of itself (I actually liked Saori and Sena and wouldn't have minded more of them) but because this time could have been used more productively elsewhere in telling a deeper story. That is the job of an adaptation, this animation failed at this.
Takuan_SohoJun 29, 2013 4:41 PM
Jun 29, 2013 4:36 PM

Jul 2011
Great episode and great 2nd season! Now waiting for the specials...

9/10
Jun 29, 2013 4:37 PM

Apr 2013
radle said:
deathmailrock stuff
^ You should put that in spoiler, deathmailrock.

but none of the stuff I said was a spoiler (I basically used stuff that was in previous things or I was talking about what someone else said..... so there was nothing to give a spoiler too.

gettogaara said:
Why didn't they just add the specials to the series and do 16 eps instead of 13? Kind of annoyed we have to wait two months just to see the REAL ending.

Anyway, while I actually enjoyed this episode it really doesn't justify Kirino's violent treatment of her brother. As of now I'm hovering in between 6 and 7. As a whole, I didn't like it as much as the first season but the fact that Kirino wasn't as ridiculous is a big plus.

Violence??? it was only the kind of comedic violence that's allowed in anime and is commonly done by women...... it shouldn't be counted against her or anything (if it was real violence, then people would have problems with it...... the comic violence in anime doesn't need any justification and it could be ignored, it doesn't count and it isn't something negative; for the people that like seeing it, it's great, for the people that don't like that stuff, just ignore it (if it was considered real violence, then Kyousuke definitely wouldn't have started to care for Kirino again.... it's one of the anime troupes that for some reason is really popular in anime
Jun 29, 2013 4:40 PM
Oct 2012
Tony777 said:
Your statement is totally correct, just look at the history of British Royalty. Anyways if the incest couple didn't have any certain conditions, it's possible to have a healthy child. But due to genetics down grading each generation over time, their child's genetics can be weaker than the average. In today's world incest is not very wise.

Not quite sure that I get your point about the "british monarchy", they have been in power for over 300 years (with the Hanover line, which dates back to Elizabeth of Bohemia even further back), so if anything they would be an example of success, not failure. If you are talking about hemophilia, there are many people who suffer from this affliction, and it is far more readily treatable today than in the past.

So far from incest not being "wise" in today's world, medical advances makes the 20-40% greater chance of some sort of defect resulting from incest far more bearable than in the past. And while 20-40% may seem like a large number, other factors having a far greater negative impact on defects than the risk resulting from incest. This is not to say that humanity as a whole shouldn't mix as much as possible, but it is not the disaster that people make it out to be.
Jun 29, 2013 4:47 PM

Jul 2009
Meh anime is meh. Not enough anyone but Kirino. Manami evil mastermind.

On the other hand tho, Dragon Piece looks like some cool shit:
Jun 29, 2013 4:55 PM

Oct 2009
Takuan_Soho said:
Tony777 said:

Not quite sure that I get your point about the "british monarchy", they have been in power for over 300 years (with the Hanover line, which dates back to Elizabeth of Bohemia even further back), so if anything they would be an example of success, not failure. If you are talking about hemophilia, there are many people who suffer from this affliction, and it is far more readily treatable today than in the past.

So far from incest not being "wise" in today's world, medical advances makes the 20-40% greater chance of some sort of defect resulting from incest far more bearable than in the past. And while 20-40% may seem like a large number, other factors having a far greater negative impact on defects than the risk resulting from incest. This is not to say that humanity as a whole shouldn't mix as much as possible, but it is not the disaster that people make it out to be.

The point of the "British Royalty/Monarchy" statement was the affect of them inbreeding for so long giving them poor physical features not just in genetics. Just look it up for yourself.

"This is not to say that humanity as a whole shouldn't mix as much as possible, but it is not the disaster that people make it out to be."

I totally agree with this.

I'm not sure why you replied to my post because I agree just about everything you wrote.
Jun 29, 2013 4:56 PM

Feb 2013
Didn't seem like a last episode. Decent series but that ending was just pretty lackluster. Hopefully the upcoming Specials will do the series some justice.
~ El Psy Congroo~

Jun 29, 2013 4:58 PM

Apr 2013
thisguy2011 said:
ReasonDesu said:

so? pretty much every1 is already aware of the way it ended, and it doesn't redeem the terrible second season this show had. First season was enjoyable but this.. (except kuruneko's arc) was terrible.
Jun 29, 2013 5:00 PM

Nov 2012
Looking forward to the specials
Jun 29, 2013 5:04 PM

Apr 2008
what a way to become an otaku

Jun 29, 2013 5:05 PM
Jun 2013
I liked this episode. If it would've been the ending, I would've disliked it but since there will be the specials, I'm quite alright with this. After all, how could I complain about an entire episode's worth of Kirino?
Jun 29, 2013 5:05 PM

Aug 2011
orangehouse said:
what a way to become an otaku

Wincest.
Jun 29, 2013 5:20 PM

Apr 2013
Good back story but it's not good enough to end a season like that. There was less "Imouto" and more "girlfriend" in this season -_-
Always-HungryApr 23, 2014 2:49 AM
Jun 29, 2013 6:16 PM

Jan 2011
well Time to wait for dem OVAs can't stay i'm really happy for the route were going for but hey kinda new what i was getting into from the start.

Not sure if it was because it was rushed or what but something was really off from this season compared to the first which i still like the best.
Jun 29, 2013 6:16 PM

Jul 2009
fucking megane
AUGUST COMES SOON PLEASE.
Jun 29, 2013 6:24 PM
Oct 2012
Tony777 said:
The point of the "British Royalty/Monarchy" statement was the affect of them inbreeding for so long giving them poor physical features not just in genetics. Just look it up for yourself.

Again what are you talking about. Queen Elizabeth is 88 years old and has ruled England for 62 years. Her mother Elizabeth lived to be 102 years old. Her Grandmother, queen Victoria lived until 82 years old and reigned for 63 years. So just in the last three generations the House of Hanover has the two longest reigning people in English history. All three maintained their facilities into very advanced age. So far from showing that inbreeding is bad, it actually could serve as a example of the benefits of inbreeding. Were some members of the Hanover family crazy? Sure, but no more than in most families, we just notice it more because it is harder to sweep it under the rug.

Now the British royal family isn't exactly my aesthetic ideal, but there are far worse looking people out there. The idea that the family is a bunch of twits or genetically weak isn't supported by the facts. Doesn't make me a supporter of royalty mind you (the monarchy is an anachronism!) and I am happy that my country kicked them out of power (my glee in part is fueled by the fun I have in having fun with my Canadian friends for being crown licking spineless servants), but people are entitled to their opinions, not their facts. I will always challenge bad facts despite my sympathy with them.
Jun 29, 2013 6:27 PM

Jun 2012
Ahh the origins of Kirino lol. The first part was sad but it got funny later on. A pretty good episode but I was a little disappointed that it was a flashback. We still have more episode to look forward to but unfortunately it will soon come to a end.

8/10
For some reason I never rate above a 8 for things without a lot of action. Weird I know but when I was younger all i watched was action so this 8 is basically a 10. This anime is one of my favorites and has been since episode 1 of the first season.
If strength is justice, then is powerlessness a crime?

Jun 29, 2013 6:43 PM

Apr 2012
This episode was pretty good, I hope to see more soon ^^
Jun 29, 2013 6:59 PM

Jul 2012
i don't think this was a bad ep but i don't like when they end with an ep that doesn't advance the story :/
Jun 29, 2013 7:00 PM

May 2012
Sairyuu69 said:
garydx25 said:
Dropped

Lol congrats.
You dropped an anime when you finished it.
CONGRATS.
Sword in hand, a warrior clutches stone to breast. In sword etched he his fading memories In stone, his tempered skill By sword attested, by stone revealed. Their tale can now be told
Jun 29, 2013 7:05 PM
Jun 2013
I'm not sure how I feel about this show.
Jun 29, 2013 7:18 PM

Jan 2008
Manami, that bitch! It was her fault all along for everything. She is the root to all evil in this show...and to think I was supporting her too at one point~ for shame.

I'm kinda glad how this second season ended...except for the breakup; still want an alternate Kuroneko route. If they do that, I'll bump my rating up by 1. If not, minus 1. Better yet, do a take-your-pick ending like Amagami and have an ep ending with each girl, that would be awesome...except Manami, that bitch can be forever alone. Hope she turns into a crazy cat lady.
Jun 29, 2013 7:36 PM

Feb 2013
Takuan_Soho said:
Tenshi_Sky said:
A friend of mine spoiled the anime and told me he had started dating kuroneko in S2, so I picked up the anime thinking it couldn't possibly become incest if he's dating some one else... I wish I never started watching it.

Sounds like your friend perfectly jerked your chain, good for him.

The taboo against incest is a social construct, just like hatred of minorities and homosexuality was (and unfortunately to be honest still is) in most societies. Marriage was an essential means for families to expand their network of allies in the past, these alliances were necessary for the family to increase the likelihood of the family's own survival. This was how the taboo first developed. Marrying in the family meant no additional relatives, which wasn't useful for the family (unless the family was extremely rich, then incest suddenly became acceptable to keep it in the family (Ptolemaic Egypt for a specific example).

The idea that genetics is why incest became taboo was a late rationalization as the West tried to create a "reason" to justify their taboos (just as they said homosexuality was a mental disease and minorities were inferior), but it has about as much basis in fact as those other "reasons". Yes there is a slightly higher chance of mutation within family's, but the odds are still so low as not to warrant worrying about it.

Even if the risk is only slightly higher, why would you subject your children to mutation? Any risk of me producing children that would have a definite detrimental life altering effect is not okay in my book.
On that point there was a study that found third cousins that reproduce may actually create better biological children...now we can have kids with our third cousins "guilt-free" :p
"Hey! I'm totally an adult! I bitch and whine, lie through my teeth, and do things that are unfair."
Jun 29, 2013 7:44 PM

Sep 2008
It was a good episode, I would say 8/10. Not as good as the last few eps which were truly epic though. But it gave us a lot of important backstory. The thing that struck me is that it showed that Kirino's feelings towards Kyousuke have always been more along the lines of admiration rather than lust. I really don't think Kirino wants to "get it on" with him at all, she just wants to look up to him as an awesome onii-chan role model. That's what she's always wanted. The eroge has just been a substitute for the real thing, but not a perfect substitute (blush). At one time he deserved her admiration, then he crapped out because of the evil Manami, and now he is returning to form. Because of this, I doubt there will be an actual "incest" ending, it just doesn't make sense to me.
Jun 29, 2013 7:55 PM

May 2012
Uh...that's it? Those OVAs had better deliver, this 'ending' was a total cop-out.

Always the same old taste, just new injury
Well I'll wear the claws if you'd like that
Jun 29, 2013 7:57 PM

Aug 2012
Actually thought the episode was pretty good, and a nice setup for the specials. The backstory was very nice, and explained a lot. I'm not perceiving Kirino's admiration for Kyousuke as incestual, I don't know why anyone would. She simply revered her older brother. She was a little girl, christ.

And it's funny how people can look at child Kirino losing her beloved brother to Manami and not forgive her for the bitch she turned out to be, but also brand Manami a bitch because of her PAST scheming, regardless of how sweet she turned out to be.

It's like a character can't have ever done any wrong to be considered likeable, or accepted as a realistic character.
Jun 29, 2013 8:05 PM

May 2011
antonn said:
Tenshi_Sky said:
huehue93 said:
Tenshi_Sky said:
Ugh, screw this. How can you people cheer on INCEST!? That's just ****ing disgusting! I'm glad manami told her that shit was creepy from an earlier age (even though it still turned into this). I would have been fine with a kuroneko,ayase,manami,saori, or hell even kanako ending, but his ****ing sister!? I threw up in my mouth after getting to a certain chapter in the LN. I mean, I thought everything would turn out fine when he started showing interest in, and eventually dating Kuroneko, but WTF! Plain disgusting. Good God I hope they change it at the last minute and make him go back to Kuroneko or ayase.

Its actually manami's fault that things ended like this, if she wasn't such a scheming bitch kirino would have outgrown her love (or rather idolization) for her brother which many siblings have. Instead manami created competitition for kyousuke where there was none and actually made kirino develop a complex for him in order to get her brother back.

Also this is anime, sure its disgusting in real life but anime its fine so deal with it.

Dude, it's disgusting no matter what form it's in. Bull crap, kirino would have out grown it if Kyou hadn't denied a non-disgusting relationship with kuroneko. I wanted them to bond and get back together as siblings, not ****! Oh god, just disgusting. -_-

>Watched wincest show
>Complains about wincest being gross

I don't find it disgusting as much as i find it wack. This show in particular shouldn't have crossed that line, it makes for good comedy for a while, but it really shouldn't have gone that route. If i want wincest, i'd leave it to shows like KissxSis and company.
Jun 29, 2013 8:07 PM
Mar 2010
Manami was Yandere... lol
Jun 29, 2013 8:26 PM
Nov 2010
AlexTheRiot said:

And it's funny how people can look at child Kirino losing her beloved brother to Manami and not forgive her for the bitch she turned out to be, but also brand Manami a bitch because of her PAST scheming, regardless of how sweet she turned out to be.

Well I don't know if you know any spoilers or so on but you can be assured she never stopped scheming.
MrJcJun 29, 2013 8:30 PM
Jun 29, 2013 8:29 PM

Mar 2013
this is a series that i have such mixed emotions on. i simply love this series and every time i watch an episode i cant not have fun but i just feel like i shouldnt be enjoying it this much. i cant wait till the extras come out and i pray for a third season.this episode was also a nice explanation to some of the questions that have previously gone un answered (or without a good answer). like why kirino likes little sister eroge in particular and the history behind why she hates manami.
Just because you know how to use a torrent does not give you the god given right to pirate.

My actual list: https://kitsu.io/users/mattbenz99/library

check out my youtube channel for my review: https://www.youtube.com/user/mattbenz99

Jun 29, 2013 8:41 PM

May 2013
loli kirino is cute
7/10
must be patient until august
Jun 29, 2013 8:48 PM

Jan 2013
Tenshi_Sky said:

No, that's not how it gets done. Whether by the Westermark effect or by gradual awareness of social taboos, it is a process that happens over a period of time. What Manami did was screw up Kirino's development and she bears a lot of the blame for any incestuous feelings between the siblings.

Generally speaking, children with kinder older siblings tend to idolize them. This is non-sexual, because those children have not sexually developed. They have no real idea of what "marrying" their older sibling or their parents entails.

Here's the situation if Manami were hit by a truck before she could influence Kyousuke: Kyousuke continues to overachieve. People are under this impression that he was actually an average guy, but the evidence of the episode is completely to the contrary--always getting first place, grades at the top of the class, teaching Manami, and even Kyousuke's eventual A-grade on the present day exam show Kyousuke is exceptional when he applies himself.

So Kyousuke continues to overachieve, Kirino chases behind him. In a direct comparison, he would always be ahead of her simply due to his age and their similar efforts. He'd be smarter because he'd have more years of studying and schooling, he'd be faster because he'd be taller and more developed, etc. And in this scenario, the same thing that happens to practically every other opposite-sex set of siblings would happen; in time Kirino would develop a sexual attraction instinct that did not include Kyousuke as a potential mate.

Now instead, let's look at what Manami did; she essentially stunted Kirino's feelings for "exceptional Kyousuke" at the level of childhood idolization. Even more, Kirino disassociated "lazy Kyousuke" from "exceptional Kyousuke" and worked hard to ensure that she was someone "exceptional Kyousuke" would be proud of when he returned. And when some element of "exceptional Kyousuke" does show up years later (specifically, the aspect of Kyousuke's where he always protected her/solved her problems as a child), some of that idolization returns--only now Kirino is not an undeveloped child, she is a sexually developed young woman.

To put it very simply: Manami mindfucked an impressionable child in a completely normal stage of development. She also brought an exceptional Kyousuke down to the level where she could exert some control over him. She was, essentially, instrumental to this whole incest ending.
Jun 29, 2013 8:50 PM

Sep 2011
Tenshi_Sky said:
Ghost-Lightning said:
Tenshi_Sky said:

guess what pissant! we all don't get what ending we want. either fucking deal with it or cry more like a spoiled twat.

also...
if real life is like Persona 4, your Understanding Level would be Blind and/or Judgmental
Brigs77Jun 29, 2013 8:55 PM
Jun 29, 2013 8:59 PM

Sep 2012
Haters gonna hate. But I am still routing for Kirino! :) and to all of you that couldn't bear to see how this end, you may ignore the specials after this and please quit whining. I am pretty sure most of you can do it and I will be grateful if you do! No hard feelings! :D
Jun 29, 2013 9:03 PM
Oct 2012
CNagy said:
To put it very simply: Manami mindfucked an impressionable child in a completely normal stage of development. She also brought an exceptional Kyousuke down to the level where she could exert some control over him. She was, essentially, instrumental to this whole incest ending.

I think that is what those who don't get what Manami did are missing. Manami's advice would have been proper for a 15 year old Kirino and a 18 year old Kyousuke, but in the first episode Kyousuke had said that for several years his relationship with Kirino had been strained so we are talking about, most likely, a 10 or 11 year old Kirino. What sort of sick person would assume that even an 11 year old was thinking about sex with her brother?

Even further, what Kirino was mad about wasn't that she "lost" Kyousuke as a lover (indeed Kyousuke showed no feelings in that direction), but rather that Kyousuke changed into an apathetic ass. This isn't "sexual", but a basic dislike of seeing a capable person under-performing. Manami, not being able to defend her negative influence (not to say that people need to overachieve, but Kyousuke's apathy is condemnable), converted this into a perverted interpretation in order to defend her own misconduct.

Having not read the novels, I didn't buy into the "Evil Manami" theory, but after seeing what they showed (and hearing that the novel is more explicit), it is difficult to conceive of a pacific explanation for Manami. Her own attitude is condemns her.
Jun 29, 2013 9:24 PM

May 2013
Aww, Kyousuke and Kirino were so cute in their childhood!

So, because of Kyousuke (and Manami, that bitch), Kirino is who she is right now.

I like the ED.
I’m always searching for something, for someone. This feeling has possessed me I think, from that day… That day when the stars came falling.
Pages (10) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai. Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 1, 2013

376 by Cammell »»
Dec 15, 2023 5:46 PM

Poll: » Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai. Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 25, 2013

470 by Cammell »»
Dec 15, 2023 5:14 PM

Poll: » Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai. Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 18, 2013

334 by Cammell »»
Dec 15, 2023 4:51 PM

Poll: » Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai. Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 11, 2013

383 by Cammell »»
Dec 15, 2023 4:25 PM

Poll: » Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai. Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - May 4, 2013

244 by Cammell »»
Dec 14, 2023 1:20 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.