Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (16) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Oct 6, 2012 6:59 AM

Oct 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I cannot contend myself anymore. As the OP passed and I saw the following,

That scene alone made me melt of MOE for Noumi. It’s incredible and there is another instance we see her in the OP. Noumi is totally adorable.

About the beginning, the start did a really good job with the intro of Riki along with Masato in the spoiler
Riki gave off a little Clannad design vibes. While Masato got some from Angel Beats. Things got really started comically in the spoiler
for Masato started playing with the cat and should not have used as a shield in the first place. As a result the hilarious comedy of seeing Masato getting kicked by Rin only to get assaulted more by this nunchaku type of weapon was just plain hilarious. Well he should have not used the cat like that.

The flashback in the spoiler
caught me off guard a little there as things were nice and MOE only to suddenly turn a little drama with that fire and bees. I should watch out for those types cause it surprised me a little. Good thing it got back to the group having fun and Nastume in the spoiler
proposing a baseball game of all things. Huh O_o OK sounds fun. Actually Natsume looks like the cool guy but cold/calculating for some reason.

About the OP, what can be said of the OP in the spoiler
in general is the depiction of the groups of girls but particularly Sasami and Yuiko with her smile stood out apart from Noumi of course and Rin. In general the OP is really a happy get together.

About the game, as the game progresses much is appreciated as a nice start out of Rin in the spoiler
and the many shots of her. The culminating result was in seeing Masato getting hit by the ball. A comedic part that it was.

The end result in the locker room in the spoiler
was pleasant in terms of the hilarious facial expressions of the characters there and there is that cat.

About Sasami Sasasegawa VS Rin, I loved that first encounter in the spoiler
it shows the MOE of Sasami rather well and how she reacts when angry. The rivalry was great. I liked mostly Sasami due to the following,

Priceless face is priceless there and the one in the spoiler
was pretty good too to see.

About meeting Komari Kamikita, I like that name Komari. Meeting Komari was a little surprising considering how Komari was in the spoiler
at first but as soon as her MOE appeared I go HNNNNNNNNNGHHHHHHH *dies*….*comes back* Komari is a MOE killer. My hear is totally moefied by her. It’s really OVER 9000 with Noumi in the OP.

About the ED, I really like in the spoiler
the END more than anything as the group appears. The start is a little slow but the walk is nicely shown. Both OP and ED have lovely music to fall into.

About the preview, the forecast in the spoiler
announced much more delicious Komari to see and some good Rin reactions.

That being said the start really gives vibes from Air to Kanon and Clannad mixed in even with some Angels Beats. That being said the BGM is great and just heartwarming fuzzy feelings. The drama may catch off guard sometimes. So I should watch out for those.

This is going to be the rides of the rides and this is simply amazing to have feelings going back to the classics of Air, Clannad, Kanon and Angel Beats. I have giggled and had a most intense fun during this whole episode. Oh and no need for anything now other than a 10/10 and I doubt anything lower than 9/10 it will amount to. SHAME on the negative comments before this started. For this series IMO has lots of great positive in it.

BTW Image Stitches and Pic Dump is done in the BLOG:
http://ecchiking99.blogspot.ca/2012/10/pic-dump-and-image-stitches-of-little_24.html
Lots of great stuff of Rin and Masato.
Yumekichi11Oct 24, 2012 3:06 AM

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Oct 6, 2012 7:01 AM

Nov 2007
I could barely hear the audio during a live stream of TokyoMX I watched online :( Shall rewatch it again when a better RAW is out.

The anime seems pretty faithful to the Visual Novel, judging by this episode.

Might edit later when I rewatch it.
The News Club: Quality News/Discussion (anime, CDs, manga, novels, games, seiyuu), & sales data (daily, weekly, mid-year, yearly).
Oct 6, 2012 7:03 AM

Dec 2009
(*´д`*)

Oct 6, 2012 7:03 AM

Aug 2011
Totally geeked out while watching the stream. xD

Looks like J.C Staff is finally making up for themselves with this one, in terms of being faithful with the source material.
Oct 6, 2012 7:06 AM
Dec 2011
The first episode is good they animated all VN scenes

MASATO FTW!!!

Damn i hate this group
4/5
Cant wait too see KUD !!
aiueowaveOct 6, 2012 7:44 AM
Oct 6, 2012 7:30 AM

Dec 2011
Anyway, Komari's smile at the end. I already said before I could not pick my favorite, although Mio and Kud are just a little above the others. Komari and Haruka follow along with Rin. Especially Komari because I finished her route first, and although her story was most unrealistic I somehow cried the most on that route :P And then Kurugaya, when I heard that piano :P Also what I noticed in LB, it is going to turn me into keyfag again. Why you ask? Well it is completely the same as other Key shows. Everything starts happy, funny, it simply makes you feel like it is going to be one of those happy/happy anime. And then it turns for worse. I love Key :P I am happy to finally put this on my anime list, to join the other Key works :D
LunaOct 6, 2012 8:18 AM
Oct 6, 2012 7:37 AM

Oct 2011
Must wait until subs come out! >_<
I can't believe it's finally airing after so long :)
The battle with Rin and Sasami was great, and I liked the ending with Komari. The OP and ED were both amazing ^^
It's nice to see that J.C. Staff is sticking to the original source, but since they probably won't make a second season, I just hope that they don't rush it.
KosurinOct 6, 2012 8:42 AM
Oct 6, 2012 7:50 AM

Dec 2011
Mio in that tree shadow in opening. So awesome :P
Oct 6, 2012 8:07 AM

Feb 2011
Rin is a none-con!
Oct 6, 2012 8:08 AM

Dec 2011
Venneria said:
Rin is a none-con!

Rin's kick is epic xD
Oct 6, 2012 8:12 AM

Dec 2007
My mother was born just to give birth to me for me to watch this.
Oct 6, 2012 8:17 AM

Feb 2011
But rin lost the fight huh? i always won in the game..
VenneriaOct 6, 2012 12:01 PM
Oct 6, 2012 8:22 AM
★★★★★

Sep 2008
Removed all posts that weren't about this episode. Please only post after you have seen this episode and can contribute to the discussion (not just "I saw the raw but I didn't understand it, will wait for the subs"). Do not discuss where to watch this episode. Also, no links to copyrighted material.
Oct 6, 2012 8:23 AM
Jun 2011
Expectations: Have been fufilled. Thank the lords i played the VN, i could almost understand the whole episode without subs.
Oct 6, 2012 8:28 AM

May 2011
J.C. is off to a very VERY awesome start. Stayed very faithful to the VN. I especially loved that fight at the beginning, Masato always seems to have the worst kind of luck when it comes to the fights. Rin is still a legendary no-con! XD

The meeting with Komari will be next, can't wait to see that! <3 Komari.

Overall, I am absolutely psyched, they're going through pretty fast which is good imo, would like to see more time put into the actual route adaptions rather than the common route. Great atmosphere in this adaption too, I am extremely happy. ^^
-Kenshin-Oct 6, 2012 8:33 AM
Oct 6, 2012 8:29 AM

Dec 2011
My favorite three parts :D

Number 1: Komari's smile. I just loved that part, "I just hit my head, wow you are cute" also, so MOE xD

Number 2: Rin's "I don't give a shit" face

Number 3: Just epic face saying "I just beat a crap out of ya!"

I see Yumekichi already posted these pics. Damn, I really hoped to be first this time. When did your post become so big when it was so small at first :D
akutasame94Oct 6, 2012 8:34 AM
Oct 6, 2012 8:30 AM

Nov 2011
Well, I liked the artwork for this series tbh and this first episode was pretty good. I haven't played the VN yet but it seems that the atmosphere and setting fits right.

I won't compare these to some of other Key's works or give a rating yet as this is the first episode and hard to judge entire series based on the pilot but so far, it looks pretty good.
Oct 6, 2012 8:31 AM

Dec 2007
Images are too big please hide them in a spoiler tag or something.. :P
Oct 6, 2012 8:34 AM

Dec 2011
mistress_kisara said:
Images are too big please hide them in a spoiler tag or something.. :P

Well, they looked good to me, so I didn't notice :D Anyway, done :P
Oct 6, 2012 8:36 AM
Sep 2012
Was good. But i still prefer the VN over this. New char designs don't have that "feel" for me yet.
Oct 6, 2012 8:39 AM

Sep 2011
Done watching the raw. My opinions:

1. Is it only me or most of the conversations are too fast as if they're rushing something?

2. Sasami's pitch seems lower than in the VN. Dunno if I'm going to used the new VA of her. >_>

And I thought Haruka is the one who will show up since in the VN, she's the first girl who showed up then Komari. It seems we will see Komari's arc first?

I don't what to say about this first start of the series. Will re-watch this again for subs. ;D
TennoujiOct 6, 2012 8:51 AM

Oct 6, 2012 8:41 AM

Aug 2012
Venneria said:
But rin lost the fight huh? i always won in the game..

When you first play the game Rin always loses because her stats at the beginning of the game was weak. after completing a path, her and Riki get somewhat stronger each time
Oct 6, 2012 8:43 AM
Jun 2011
Sa-chan_ said:
Done watching the raw. Here's now my opinions:

1. Is it only me or is it just they're rushing their conversation?

2. Sasami's pitch seems lower than in the VN.

And I thought Haruka is the one who will show up since in the VN, she's the first girl who showed up then Komari. It seems we will see Komari's arc first?

I don't what to say about this first start of the series.

1. The anime for sure is more fast paced then the VN, most likely because of time constraints.

2.It is because they had to change voice actors. In the VN Riki, Sasami, and Rin all have the same voice actors.

I also remember Haruka showing up first but thats because there was a scene in the classroom, the anime skipped that.

Overall im pleased with the anime, it is NOOOOOOOOWhere near how bad i thought it would be
Oct 6, 2012 8:48 AM

Sep 2011
Engix said:

1. The anime for sure is more fast paced then the VN, most likely because of time constraints.

2.It is because they had to change voice actors. In the VN Riki, Sasami, and Rin all have the same voice actors.

1. Maybe I was used from their VN conversation pacing than this one LOL.

2. I know. I'm just saying since I miss Tomoe's Sasami's voice. >_>

Oct 6, 2012 8:48 AM

Dec 2011
Engix said:
Sa-chan_ said:

I also remember Haruka showing up first but thats because there was a scene in the classroom, the anime skipped that.

Overall im pleased with the anime, it is NOOOOOOOOWhere near how bad i thought it would be

And when I was among those who said not to judge it before it was out nobody gave a f**k. We were right..!!!
Oct 6, 2012 9:15 AM

Oct 2011
Enjoy the OP and ED, they are both very nice :D

Oct 6, 2012 9:19 AM

Dec 2011
RiukixD said:
Enjoy the OP and ED, they are both very nice :D

They really look nice :D

I really love opening. As for the Alicemagic, not bad song, I don't really like it, but ending, animation looks great. Especially a short piece of it when Haruka jumps around Riki. She is so cute :D
Oct 6, 2012 9:25 AM

Aug 2012
akutasame94 said:
Engix said:
Sa-chan_ said:

And when I was among those who said not to judge it before it was out nobody gave a f**k. We were right..!!!

true that. i dunno why people were so worried over J.C. Staff doing this
Oct 6, 2012 9:34 AM

Dec 2008
They keep the original alicemagic as the ending but its another little busters remix for the opening.... i feel so... betrayed
Oct 6, 2012 9:35 AM

Sep 2011
tysonultima said:
They keep the original alicemagic as the ending but its another little busters remix for the opening.... i feel so... betrayed

It's still the original. But personally I prefer the Ecstasy version.

Oct 6, 2012 9:38 AM

Jul 2011
Dannydam001 said:
akutasame94 said:
Engix said:
Sa-chan_ said:

true that. i dunno why people were so worried over J.C. Staff doing this

It's still too early to really tell. It depends on how they decide to adapt the routes that will really make or break this anime.

I thought the animation quality in this first episode was so ok it's average. There were also way too many still frames and the like. Still, I'll wait for the subbed episode to really put out my final judgement.
Oct 6, 2012 9:40 AM

May 2012
it's good.. better than my expectation

but can it fit all routes + refrain with this pacing?
Oct 6, 2012 9:42 AM

Sep 2011
yozayoyo said:

but can it fit all routes + refrain with this pacing?

Who knows. That's what I am wondering also but it's too early to tell since we're at the common route.

Oct 6, 2012 9:43 AM

Nov 2007
Sa-chan_ said:
tysonultima said:

It's still the original. But personally I prefer the Ecstasy version.

Same here, but I guess a new version of the OP after listening to the other 2 to death is a nice change xD
The News Club: Quality News/Discussion (anime, CDs, manga, novels, games, seiyuu), & sales data (daily, weekly, mid-year, yearly).
Oct 6, 2012 9:44 AM

Aug 2012
It's above average for sure. I don't know about the original and even though i accidentally read the spoilers it's still good.
Oct 6, 2012 9:46 AM
Sep 2010
why
just why

The art... omg, it's so childish , all the characters looks like they're 12 years old or something.
The music is taken from the game. J.C. Staff, you should already know that OSTs from visual novels doesn't fit animes :<
And this http://imageshack.us/a/img198/6462/vhghgfhfg.jpg This is not a game anymore, Rin's nickname should be said, not written.

Everything is just wrong, why, God why ;U;
It was one of my favourite games OTL
Oct 6, 2012 9:48 AM

Aug 2012
Cheap animation as expected from JC staff.
Oct 6, 2012 9:54 AM

Sep 2011
yuiriko said:

The music is taken from the game. J.C. Staff, you should already know that OSTs from visual novels doesn't fit animes :<

Have you watched Clannad? All or most of the OSTs are from the VN and it does fit perfectly.

Oct 6, 2012 9:54 AM

Aug 2012
yuiriko said:
why
just why

The art... omg, it's so childish , all the characters looks like they're 12 years old or something.
And this http://imageshack.us/a/img198/6462/vhghgfhfg.jpg This is not a game anymore, Rin's nickname should be said, not written.

you know if you hate it this much, no one is forcing you to watch it. also if you can understand anything from the raw, he did say the title and the written part was comedic. Kyoani's Clannad did the exact same thing with Fuko so that isn't J.C. staffs fault
Oct 6, 2012 9:55 AM

Aug 2012
Hardcore fans who can't tolerate the little change in the anime version should drop and stay away.
Oct 6, 2012 10:05 AM

Oct 2012
It was awesome. See? JC Staff is doing a good job!
Oct 6, 2012 10:07 AM
Apr 2012
Feels like J.C is playing it safe by recycling all the music and voices. Not bad overall but Yui Horie's voice was.....
Oct 6, 2012 10:09 AM

Jul 2011
Dannydam001 said:
yuiriko said:
why
just why

you know if you hate it this much, no one is forcing you to watch it. also if you can understand anything from the raw, he did say the title and the written part was comedic. Kyoani's Clannad did the exact same thing with Fuko so that isn't J.C. staffs fault

I kind of agree with the fact that they are using the soundtrack poorly. It doesn't sound very good. They use a song for 10-20 seconds, stop it, and then replay the same exact song from the start again. Argh, that didn't sound too good.

But the trend with everyone in anime looking like kids has been going on for years. Seriously, look at anime from 1990-2010~, and you can see the character designs get younger and younger looking the further along you go.
Oct 6, 2012 10:11 AM
Sep 2010
Sa-chan_ said:
yuiriko said:

Have you watched Clannad? All or most of the OSTs are from the VN and it does fit perfectly.

Is Clannad your only example?

And it's not like I hate the whole anime, but I was so excited about the adaptation, and it didn't turn out like I've expected.
It's like with Chaos;head, for me the game is much better than the anime, some people even recomment playing it and not watching the adaptation.
Some of my friends that haven't played LB but watched the first ep says that it looks boring, I just don't want people to think of LB as a bad series, only cuz of the anime orz
Oct 6, 2012 10:19 AM
Sep 2010
ZtarWarrior said:

OP and ED were great, I especially liked the group photo at the end of the OP.

They made it even better than I tought :D I hoped that they'd use Clear Weather After the Rain instead of Alicemagic, but it doesn't really matter, since I love both. And I'm happy that they made a remixed version of the op for the anime, it just fits perfectly
Oct 6, 2012 10:23 AM

May 2011
maccha said:
Hardcore fans who can't tolerate the little change in the anime version should drop and stay away.

^This
As a VN reader myself, I think J.C. is doing really well in the adaption. The art may not be preferable to some, but I think the character designs are really good. The VA for Riki may seem off as well, but compared to having Rin's VA cover his lines, I think Yui Horie is preferable.
Oct 6, 2012 10:24 AM

Sep 2011
yuiriko said:

Yes, because that's one of the VN that I played which KyoAni used the game OSTs. If you also thought that Clannad VN OSTs doesn't suit in the anime series, then no comment.

Oct 6, 2012 10:24 AM

Feb 2009
My only gripe would be Riki's voice which is too feminine(yeah I know Hocchan is doing him) and Kyosuke's voice is too deep for a high school student.
Being Masato is suffering, getting beat up like that. And voiced by Nobutoshi Canna. He's a cool dude though, Masato.
And Rin is cute.
I liked what I saw and I'm looking forward to this show.

inb4 VN readers complai- too late I guess.
Oct 6, 2012 10:26 AM

Aug 2012
yuiriko said:
Sa-chan_ said:
yuiriko said:

And it's not like I hate the whole anime, but I was so excited about the adaptation, and it didn't turn out like I've expected.
It's like with Chaos;head, for me the game is much better than the anime, some people even recomment playing it and not watching the adaptation.
Some of my friends that haven't played LB but watched the first ep says that it looks boring, I just don't want people to think of LB as a bad series, only cuz of the anime orz

Sa-chan used Clannad as the example because 1. They are both Key games.
2.Kyoani animated that and you were clearly trying to blame J.C. Staff for doing the same thing. face it, even if Kyoani or even any others did this adaption it would be the same OSTs as the VN
Oct 6, 2012 10:30 AM
Sep 2010
Sa-chan_ said:
yuiriko said:

Yes, because that's one of the VN that I played which KyoAni used the game OSTs. If you also thought that Clannad VN OSTs doesn't suit in the anime series, then no comment.

Ehh, after playing maaaaaaany visual novels I'll enlighten you - most of the games doesn't have OSTs fitting to animes. It's just hard to imagine anime scenes with some songs. And for me, LB is just like that. There are a few songs that will fit, but in this episode ALMOST none was good.
Pages (16) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Little Busters! Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 6, 2013

307 by BritishBlitz87 »»
Mar 1, 7:40 PM

Poll: » Little Busters! Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 30, 2013

200 by little_raven »»
Feb 24, 10:41 AM

Poll: » Little Busters! Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 2, 2013

167 by little_raven »»
Feb 21, 8:10 PM

Poll: » Little Busters! Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 9, 2013

288 by little_raven »»
Feb 21, 10:31 AM

Poll: » Little Busters! Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Funya-Usagi - Jan 5, 2013

185 by little_raven »»
Feb 20, 10:26 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.