Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Black Butler
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Oct 7, 2008 10:37 AM

May 2007
Nice episode. I like the whole dark aura this series gives.
Plus Sebastian is truely a great butler... isnt he? :) Ono Daisuke makes him even more awesome.

Btw I looooove the ending song.

Oct 7, 2008 11:09 AM

Aug 2008
Wow. Came in with no expectations, and got nothing in return, but boredom, cliche and banality. This show doesn't know if it wants to be brooding or lighthearted. I've never seen a show that both takes itself too seriously and not enough so at the same time.
Oct 7, 2008 11:13 AM

Feb 2008
Ashes said:
Takai said:
i have a (sad) feeling that yaoi fangirls will be all over this one =_=

Duh. =D

This :D

Wow, I loved it. Sabastian is one hawt bishie.
Ciel almost made me develop a shota-con. I mean >.>
Oct 7, 2008 11:37 AM

Jun 2008
OMG! one word - AWESOME!!
In everyway, interesting characters, atractive plot *cough atractive buttler cough*, great animation, amazing opening/ending...it's really a 5 out of 5 :D
Oct 7, 2008 11:42 AM

Sep 2008
Seemed almost they were goona go a yoai start at the beginning..

Ep was good but hopefully the plot will move along. THe quality of the art was really nice, hopefully they keep it up. :)

Had some good comendy relief but wasn't to advanced/enough.
Oct 7, 2008 12:14 PM

Jun 2008
poor Sebastian, already being compared to Alucard x_x

looking forward to the next one, the chapter was awesome :3
Oct 7, 2008 12:50 PM
Sep 2007
I find it pretty good and creepy at times. Great background music. This series has a potential.
Oct 7, 2008 1:22 PM
Dec 2007
This first episode was very strange. On the one hand, we don't have one definite hero nor a true plot that stands out, but both main characters (the master and his butler) seem very interesting. On the other hand, Kuroshitsuji's already clearly settled as an episodic anime with very cliched secondary characters. The dialogues were average at most, but the background music are simply great. The animation is good too but I don't like the character design at all (very yaoi-oriented indeed). From here, I guess the anime can go anywhere, and that is why this first episode felt very intriguing to me, I don't really know what to think about it. I didn't like the first half of the episode, but found the second half pretty good, so I'll watch the second episode and decide after that, but I have very mixed feelings about this one.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Oct 7, 2008 2:24 PM
Dec 2007
Holy shi-- I think I found new love.
Great episode, I can't wait for more.
Oct 7, 2008 2:40 PM

Oct 2007
freedoleen said:
This series has a potential.

My thought exactly.

Hopefully this will turn out to be something pretty good.

Oct 7, 2008 2:56 PM

Dec 2006
cyruz said:
That was quite boring and predictable as well. Doesn't look like a show I'll be enjoying this season. The ED is pretty nice though.

I had the same sentiments when I finished, it just doesn't seem captivating in the least bit, I'll give it atleast 2 more episodes though.
リスト 。。

Oct 7, 2008 2:57 PM

Dec 2007
Well, Sebastian is the "kyaawaiii" character of this season, obviously. Still, it's an alright show. The animation style is eye-catching, the voice acting is very good and a few of the ideas are pretty unique.

All right, all three of the Fall Series I've started have been pretty good. Next up: Macademi Wasshoi! (...*sigh* we'll see)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 7, 2008 3:14 PM

Nov 2007
hmmm seems quite interesting... but i thought they would have killed the man in the oven -.-
Oct 7, 2008 3:15 PM

Jul 2007
I don't care for the comedy bits, but the final five or so minutes give me great hope for this. Will be sticking with this.
My first novel, Kardia has been published! Click here to read!
Oct 7, 2008 3:30 PM

Jun 2008
decent enough opener, the horror section had to rescue it though.

this'll be an interesting one to keep up with
Oct 7, 2008 3:53 PM

Jun 2008
awesome. im definitely going to be following this series.
Oct 7, 2008 3:59 PM

Sep 2007
I thought it was ok. It was visually pleasing for me and I enjoyed the overall dark theme. I don't really want to delve much into the things that sort of bugged me about it because I choose to remain optimistic. It's still only the first episode and the first episode isn't always the best.

I will say that I already love Ciel. I just love love love when sadistic characters come in small packages.
Oct 7, 2008 4:01 PM

Apr 2008
I like it so far.
Nice music, beautiful animation.
The characters seem interesting, too!
Hurray for it being set in England--!!

I'mma gonna watch this 'til the end. c:
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 7, 2008 4:20 PM

Oct 2007
Good first episode.

I liked both the opening and ending songs, and really enjoyed the horror aspect at the end. I'll be watching more for sure.
Oct 7, 2008 5:36 PM
Aug 2008
Heck yea!

Does anyone think this might be yaoi? I'm not homophobic, but i do find it somewhat uncomfortable to say the least.
Oct 7, 2008 5:40 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
Sorakami said:
Heck yea!

Does anyone think this might be yaoi? I'm not homophobic, but i do find it somewhat uncomfortable to say the least.

you don't know what yaoi is, do you?

anyway, slightly disappointed because it seemed to lack something, although I can't say what exactly....
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Oct 7, 2008 6:12 PM

Jul 2008
wakka9ca said:
Sorakami said:
Heck yea!

you don't know what yaoi is, do you?

anyway, slightly disappointed because it seemed to lack something, although I can't say what exactly....

he is right....yaoi is boy to boy love and that equals to gay but next episode might change that since I said earlier GIRLS!
Oops! I appear to be incapable of following Rules 16 and 17, so I had to have a mod change my sig for me.
Oct 7, 2008 6:14 PM
Nov 2007
i enjoyed the episode. i seriously thought that the guy will get roasted... i loved the ending, it was too cute.. haha
Oct 7, 2008 6:27 PM

Oct 2007
i actually enjoyed this. didn't go in expecting anything in particular so i enjoyed it. i got a "lighter" jigoku shoujo feel and i doubt it will have the shoot me dead boring repitition Jigoku has so yea i'll be watching.

the ED was pretty awesome.
Oct 7, 2008 6:45 PM

Jun 2007
AngelLily said:
...Maaya Sakamoto and Daisuke Ono, they were absolutely wonderful as Sebastian and Ciel.

Agreed, the episode was really good, OP and END were great.
Soshite... new bishie xD du~
Oct 7, 2008 9:42 PM

Mar 2008
epic win

reminds me of bartender but with a more gothic feel
Oct 7, 2008 11:12 PM

Dec 2007
I love this anime already ~
:D
Oct 8, 2008 1:19 AM

Jan 2008
i personally thought this was a rather boring episode to start things off with, but then again this probably isn't my cup of tea as far as shows go, so i'll give it a couple more episodes to see if anything good comes of it.
Oct 8, 2008 3:35 AM

Jul 2007
Ono Daisuke needs to be main in more shows *__*
I wanna marry him so I could make him talk to me all day long in sexy voices XD

anyway with all the hype I had high expectations so it wasn't as good as I thought it would be, but it was still quite enjoyable.. loved the brat and the side cast... will definitely keep this on my watching list x3
Oct 8, 2008 4:10 AM

Sep 2008
I looove the ending. I agree with everyone saying it was a little boring, but I'm sure it'll get better. A lot of animes start off slower. ...Well I'm not sure, but I hope. Anyway, it was still good. :)
Oct 8, 2008 4:44 AM

Nov 2007
its only the first episode you really can't judge off of this much! D:

but i enjoyed it nevertheless! 8D
Oct 8, 2008 5:54 AM

Dec 2007
An excellent first episode :3
I like the atmosphere, the musics ..
Sebastian ftw !
Looking forward to the next episode ^^
Oct 8, 2008 8:14 AM
Mar 2008
I felt that the episode was just extra regular.
The voice acting is good and Sebastian is cool...but I hope that it gets a little more exciting.
Nothing really stood out as being really different to me. The humorous parts seemed kinda out of place for where the series seems to be going.
3/5 for now, but I'll try to stick with it & hopefully there will be more to come.
Oct 8, 2008 9:10 AM

Apr 2008
Brilliant. This is gonna be one of the best series this Fall Season.
From the music to the animation...I'm speechless
Oct 8, 2008 12:36 PM

Oct 2007
This was fantastic.

Ah the visuals... Ah the sound... Ah the atmosphere... LAWL at the pie scene....

^ when you get stuff like that, character development and story can become just some trivial matters. But i guess that story is just tucked away and will get free in later episodes.

This season surely has handful of neat series to offer.

(And this is my most positive post on all of the fall anime series... Hooray?)

Help the poor Ninja! Click Billy vs Snakeman link today!
Oct 8, 2008 1:50 PM

Mar 2008
ahahaa this is not wht i expected AT ALL!! i thought it was a dark psyhological anime, but obviously not: its actually quite comical! especially with the other house servants (exception to the butler). its still very interesting, and much the anime for me :D
whaooo then at the end it turns all dark and horrific!! ohhh i like i like :D
sugarplumfairyOct 8, 2008 1:55 PM
Oct 8, 2008 2:16 PM

May 2008
OMG! this show is so awesome loving it already cant wait till the next episode
^-^
Oct 8, 2008 2:37 PM

Oct 2007
I thought it was okay. Sebastions face seems kinda narrow weird ish. I love Maaya sakamoto as the bocchama and Daisuke Ono as Sebastion though <3 such awesome voices!
Oct 8, 2008 2:53 PM

Feb 2008
To think this wasn't even on my radar originally.. good thing I decided to check out the episode. I dig a certain flair and atmosphere to this series. Will definitely pick up this one.
Oct 8, 2008 2:58 PM

Jun 2008
First episode and I'm loving it. I've been looking forward to this for a while. I'm really looking forward to the next episode.
Oct 8, 2008 3:22 PM

Oct 2007
i guess it was only okay for me... it is the first episode... but i don't really see anything special about the anime yet... hopefully it gets better for me
Oct 8, 2008 8:58 PM
Lead Admin
Faerie Queen

Aug 2007
AngelLily said:
And I thought I couldn't love Maaya Sakamoto and Daisuke Ono more. They were absolutely wonderful as Sebastian and Ciel.

The atmosphere of the anime, the beautiful animation, the fitting soundtrack. I'm still mesmerized by the OP - not the song itself, although it is quite fitting and nice, but the animation is simply wonderful.
I am in complete agreement! I'm so glad you recommended it to me :D I really enjoyed the ED as well. I watched it twice through just to make sure I didn't miss anything xD

I have to admit that I was worried when it said this series was also a comedy; I was wondering how exactly the atmosphere would match with comedic interludes. However, I found it was executed fantastically. I was sitting on the edge of my seat one minute, laughing the second, and then back on edge in time for the third! Well done.

I'll definitely be catching the next ep!

LolitaDecay said:
Wow, I loved it. Sabastian is one hawt bishie.
Ciel almost made me develop a shota-con. I mean >.>
Haha! Although I shouldn't laugh, because the same can be said of me! (I will emphasize the almost though ;)

angel999 said:
he is right....yaoi is boy to boy love and that equals to gay but next episode might change that since I said earlier GIRLS!
Yaoi is not BL, and BL doesn't necessarily mean gay, either. Yaoi is often distinguished from BL by the fact that it contains (sometimes quite explicit) sex scenes.

And why is it always an issue when two guys have a deeper relationship than huffawing together while playing video games and having pissing contests?
Oct 8, 2008 11:10 PM

Jul 2007
Not sure what to expect from the series yet, but the first episode was enjoyable and I liked the background art.
Oct 9, 2008 1:36 AM

Jul 2008
Finally a butler anime that I can like! ^_^
Oct 9, 2008 3:37 AM

Mar 2007
sakuko said:
Finally a butler anime that I can like! ^_^

Is it the Bishi Part or the cooking people alive part?

this is a rather twisted butler anime if you ask me... on top of that too many bishi's for my liking... i'll probably watch it for the sake of completing but even the glasses maid isnt even that cute.

ED is good though :)

"What happens when we die?" I know that the ones who love us will miss us.
Oct 9, 2008 8:24 AM

Aug 2008
Loved the OP....decent for the ED..
Well, the 1st ep seems a lil hilarious at times and scary?
I wonder why Sebastian let the Italian guy runs away...just to frighten him?
They see me trollin', they hatin'.
Oct 9, 2008 9:00 AM

May 2008
The OP and ED was both good, and it seems like an interesting anime...
Oct 9, 2008 11:32 AM

Apr 2007
Kineta said:
I'm so glad you recommended it to me :D I really enjoyed the ED as well. I watched it twice through just to make sure I didn't miss anything xD

I have to admit that I was worried when it said this series was also a comedy; I was wondering how exactly the atmosphere would match with comedic interludes. However, I found it was executed fantastically. I was sitting on the edge of my seat one minute, laughing the second, and then back on edge in time for the third! Well done.

I'll definitely be catching the next ep!

Haha I'm very glad you enjoyed it! The comedy is very well-handled, indeed. It's a darker series than it seems though, so I suggest you continue watching and be prepared for some surprises ;D
Oct 9, 2008 2:15 PM

Apr 2007
imo it was a good start, liking the darkness element this series shows, just hope not alot of shounen ai-theme thats all xD comedy was funny too, loving the meido. Hoping good action next week :3
Oct 9, 2008 2:19 PM

Jun 2008
i thought it was O.K but right now i wont continue watching this anime because it didn't give me much interest though i might give it another chance when another 3-4 episodes are released
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kuroshitsuji Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Bloodshot-Shanks - Jan 9, 2009

69 by Apratim »»
Apr 22, 8:56 AM

Poll: » Kuroshitsuji Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

SlaughterChichi - Mar 26, 2009

318 by Uguu_Tsukimiya »»
Apr 22, 7:52 AM

Poll: » Kuroshitsuji Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

MaxwellLily - Oct 30, 2008

115 by Apratim »»
Apr 21, 12:40 PM

Poll: » Kuroshitsuji Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Zeino - Mar 12, 2009

110 by Uguu_Tsukimiya »»
Apr 21, 2:21 AM

Poll: » Kuroshitsuji Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

-Chrissi-chan- - Mar 9, 2009

107 by Uguu_Tsukimiya »»
Apr 20, 4:47 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.