Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
May 7, 2023 12:12 PM
Sep 2013
What a fucking episode!!

I still cannot believe that there are 6 people who voted a 1 for it… Seriously?!
May 7, 2023 12:18 PM
Dec 2017
The average quality of direction is not that good.
May 7, 2023 12:19 PM

Mar 2018
Whoa whoa whoa!

That sakuga animation caught me off guard. Ufotable don't miss man. It was simply sublime.
May 7, 2023 12:22 PM
Jun 2022
This episode is where Ufotable has proven to us that it the best, top-notch anime studio of Japan. The scene where Tanjiro had the red sword blew my mind even tho I've read the manga this was something else
May 7, 2023 12:24 PM

Oct 2022
I literally got goosebumps when tanjiros fight started ! 🤌🏻

👻🎃 🎃👻

May 7, 2023 12:28 PM

Jan 2021
One of the swordsmiths having a blade ready for Tokitou but gets interrupted by Gyokko, so now they have a battle going on. Mitsuri coming to help a hand in the village by demolishing those giant fish ugly eating monsters.

Nezuko giving all her strength towards Tenjiro's blade and holy shit, It has been forever since I heard Nezuko's voice. Tanjiro going through a transformation and slaying all the demons in one piece, that animation looked sick, not gonna lie. Genya turning into a demon? there's no way. A lot of action packed content this episode.

Btw these visuals are next level.

Mod Edit: Removed image; Posts must not contain more than one screenshot.
KayKimiiMay 7, 2023 7:09 PM
May 7, 2023 12:32 PM
Aug 2021
Mandem are full-on arguing over her whilst bleeding out not that I blame😂😂. I have to ask how does her sword fit in her sheath??????? Naa number 5 is pure evil even the other ones didn't torture their victims they just straight up killed them.  Maybe they did but off-screen. Damn, he took all of those needles face on I have to respect it. That was smart of Nezuko to upgrade his sword like that.  WAIT WHAT TANJIRO POPPED OFF😲😲 I'm so confused is TANJIRO A HASHIRA???????????????????????? It would make sense now if Genya were a demon because a lot of things weren't adding up

Mod Edit: Removed image; Posts must not contain more than one screenshot.
KayKimiiMay 7, 2023 7:09 PM
May 7, 2023 12:35 PM

Dec 2020
Muichiro is a nice guy he took this needles of poison to defend these two.
Gyokko seems to be very fast with these vases.
Mitsuri took out the big fish with her love.
These scenes with tanjiro his scarf are getting bigger.
And these dragon holy dances what an amazing animation.
P O S I T I V E V I B E Sシ

May 7, 2023 12:40 PM
Feb 2022
Softhenic03 said:
I mean it’s high time, so can we please stop talking about Tanjiro’s good deeds.. even  behind his back? People are dying after all, from the attacks of those CGI Piranhas. 

Though now that Mitsuri’s here, we can at the very least avoid and minimize the damages to some extent, as that totally not normal sword of hers is plenty effective. But that’s for the village folks, not for the duo of Tanjiro and Nezuko, they’re still outnumbered after all, until an unforeseen event happened and Nezuko with her demon art changed the colour of sword to red.

As for the proceedings on Muichiro’s side, he may not be outnumbered like those three but that doesn’t mean he has it any easy, as he himself is up against the upper moon five Gyokko, all alone. And Gyokko being super creepy he is, it won’t be wrong to say he’s just toying with Muichiro with his aquarium tricks. Confined Muichiro within that vase of his in the end.

Dance of the fire god was fucking incredible with that red sword, the first of its kind this season, with some hints to its origin. Though.. Genya? Dude you kindly lay off from those american tricks of yours.

The middle paragraphs were just "Episode Recap 😑"
May 7, 2023 12:49 PM

Mar 2016
While not quite the same as intended, the combination of Nezuko's demon burning blood with Tanjiro's nichirin gave off the same sort of power as a red blade. To the point that Rank 4 was experiencing the same fear Daki felt back when Tanjiro went into an all out rage.

While it took training and work to get to that point...I doubt that taking out the Upper Moon is going to be that easy. Weakened, but likely not finished. Finally got to see Genya in action, but it seems like he's been infected :'(

Hopefully he's able to bring it under control and continue to fight like Nezuko. Don't want to see him go out so soon.
May 7, 2023 12:59 PM
Aug 2021
The fighting scenes were on point and really well animated. The slight backstory of Tokito has got me wanting to know more. So far, the best episode of the season.
May 7, 2023 1:10 PM
Jun 2021
It’s was so good. I got goosebumps watching it especially that scene where Tanjiro cuts all the upper moon 4 clones.
May 7, 2023 1:12 PM

Feb 2018
Got to see Muichirou go up against upper 5 and get into quite the predicament.
Mitsruri arrived just in time, we even got to see one of her love breathing techniques.
That technique by Tanjirou at the end was animated so well.
May 7, 2023 1:15 PM
Sep 2021
Amazing episo de bit shitty that i have to wait a whole other week to see what happened to genya
May 7, 2023 1:16 PM
Jun 2021
Everything about this episode was perfection. Still Screaming
May 7, 2023 1:19 PM

Jul 2014
Finally the animation episode I waited for
May 7, 2023 1:22 PM
Oct 2013
Mitsuri please step on me!
May 7, 2023 1:24 PM
May 2023
For now it is maestralno.
May 7, 2023 1:27 PM
Sep 2014
Honestly, this anime just keeps scaling its quality. Simply amazing!
May 7, 2023 1:37 PM
Apr 2018
That move…I can’t get over it
May 7, 2023 1:39 PM
Jul 2021
Finally a solid episode 5/10
May 7, 2023 1:39 PM

Jan 2021
Phosphophyllita said:
Another terrible episode, Ufotable saves their budget for these brief moments of Tanjirou that last 2 or 3 seconds but will go down in history as "the best animation of all time." I'm amazed at how this anime struggles to make characters speak normally, except for the Mist Hashira and that Akaza, everyone just screams.
Not even Kanroji's hotness will save it.
And it seems like pulling things out of thin air is Kimetsu no Yaiba's modus operandi, why bother building something when you can just pull it out of thin air and then use a flashback to justify it?
Abysmal, as always.

I was kinda falling asleep until those 20 seconds of good animation, but remember this, people just know the names of studios like MAPPA, A-1, Cloverworks and Ufotable, so of course Ufotable is the one that comes out on top when compared to mediocre studios, not saying Ufotable is bad, but just because they are good doesn't mean we should forget Kyoto Animation and Production IG exists.
May 7, 2023 1:43 PM
Jan 2023
This is it, they did it again.
May 7, 2023 1:46 PM
Nov 2020
Amazing animation and pacing
May 7, 2023 1:46 PM
Jul 2022
Epic dragon slash
May 7, 2023 1:51 PM
Feb 2015
Tanjiros Attack was awesome! Behead your demons with your beautiful, artistic- purple- fire- move, boi!
May 7, 2023 1:54 PM
Jan 2017
I noticed something in the Japanese voice cast for this episode.
Three of the four members of the Demon slayer corp are playing major characters from March Comes in Like a lion.

Muichiro Tokito...Kengo Kawanishi(Rei Kiriyama)

Mitsuri Kanroji...Kana Hanazawa(Hinata Kawjmoto)

Genya Shinazugawa...Nobuhiko Okamoto(Harunobu Nikaido)
May 7, 2023 1:55 PM

Mar 2023
My god that was such a great episode! Tanjiro wielding and using that exploding blood sword was so cool and the animation there was beautiful!! And now Genya has turned into a demon too which is the last thing i expected but then again the last time we saw someone turn was nezuko so it's interesting seeing it again but for Genya. anyways once again this ep is a 10/10
My Candys!

May 7, 2023 1:56 PM
Jan 2017
I noticed something in the Japanese voice cast for this episode.
Three of the four members of the Demon slayer corp are playing major characters from March Comes in Like a lion.

Muichiro Tokito...Kengo Kawanishi(Rei Kiriyama)

Mitsuri Kanroji...Kana Hanazawa(Hinata Kawjmoto)

Genya Shinazugawa...Nobuhiko Okamoto(Harunobu Nikaido)
eikan0728May 7, 2023 2:00 PM
May 7, 2023 2:07 PM

May 2015
I guessed that reveal episodes ago, but I'm still wondering if it's a bloodline thing similar to some real-life mythical Japanese figures with oni ancestry or if he was simply turned at some point in his life like Nezuko (which seems like the boring answer).
May 7, 2023 2:16 PM

May 2021
It's been a while since we had a show with Dragon Ball Z pacing. This one might be even slower. Shots and animation are great by story progresses like snail on xanax. They sure love dragging this one out. It seems they stretched 3-4 episodes worth of content into 24, and then of course cliff-hanger at the end of every single one of them.
May 7, 2023 2:17 PM

May 2021
MinoGelatino said:
Holy shit what were these visuals?! Makes me want to make demon slayer my number 1 anime.
It's not even close to #1 for me. Visuals are awesome. Story is nothing too interesting. Characters are just okay. Stretching one episode worth of content into 5 is not doing it any service either.
May 7, 2023 2:20 PM
Aug 2020
This has gotta be one of the best anime episodes I have seen yet!!!
May 7, 2023 2:31 PM

Jul 2015
yvngdez5 said:
ForThaWatch said:
wow the power levels in this show are confusing af. one second tanjiro is getting his ass kicked by a robot the next second he's soloing an upper demon. whereas the hashira that easily beat the robot is struggling against an upper level vase demon

Idk if you were paying attention but it was clearly stated that upper moon 4 is weaker when split and the more they split the weaker they get, also wouldn’t it make sense that tanjiro would get stronger from the training with the robot

And those people are gonna spread the notion that DS has poor writing. 🤦‍♂️

May 7, 2023 2:33 PM

Dec 2013
These episodes have been way too short, I hope we get to see more of Mitsuri fighting though, that's my only real complaint, I like how that gene memory goes for both sides, we should finally know what's the mystery behind Genya.
May 7, 2023 2:37 PM
Jun 2021
That action sequence looked cool asf hopefully not the last we see this season
May 7, 2023 2:38 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
Mitsuri is finally joining the action, and damn that whip-like sword is sick, it efficiently fucked up all those fish monsters, and seeing her happily sheath it in the post credits was cute lol. And Tokito has now come face to face with the next big baddy of this arc, being Gyokko, and we had the amazing opportunity to see his artwork and I’m ngl, I think I hate it lol, no offense to Gyokko, but I guess the blood water fountain is a cool addition.

And after it initially looked like Tanjiro and Nezuko were badly hurting things quickly turned around when Nezuko turned Tanjiro’s sword into a sick flaming sword that gave us a fantastic scene where he decapitated three of Hantengu’s clones, definitely one of the nicest looking scenes of this arc so far. And later it was revealed Genya dealt with the 4th clone but he doesn’t look so good lol, man drank too much monster energy. Also I doubt that was the end of Hantengu, at least I hope it wasn’t, that seemed too easy to me.
Aug 2021
Masterpiece those episodes seems too short
May 2023
Tanjiro using hinokami kagura never gets old man.....
May 7, 2023 2:41 PM
Jul 2015
Oh man. That final battle, the sounds and visuals beyond amazing! Had to rewatch it immediately.
I watch all anime on 4k TV on max brightness and my God is this beautiful.
May 7, 2023 2:48 PM
Nov 2020
Anddd yep... Genya became a demon... 😅
May 7, 2023 3:10 PM
Jan 2021
The best episode so far
May 7, 2023 3:13 PM
Cool Guy

Jul 2022
First good episode of the season, hope it carries on this way.
May 7, 2023 3:15 PM
Jun 2022
Peak animation as always, EPIC!
May 7, 2023 3:20 PM
Dec 2020
gurusensei said:
So now tanjiro's good enough to basically defeat upper moon 4? Sounds illogical but I am not complaining. That move in the end looks sick as fuck though.

You really think that Upper Moon 4 is dead?
May 7, 2023 3:32 PM

Aug 2013
Perseus40 said:
gurusensei said:
So now tanjiro's good enough to basically defeat upper moon 4? Sounds illogical but I am not complaining.  That move in the end looks sick as fuck though.

You really think that Upper Moon 4 is dead?

I would be totally ok with it. Just because a fight ends quickly doesn't mean it was easier. These are life or death sword fights, not arm wrestling matches. As a comparison, I refer to one of the greatest anime of all time, Ninja Scroll: Make one wrong decision, and you're dead
May 7, 2023 3:36 PM
Aug 2022
genyas a demon????
May 7, 2023 3:39 PM

Apr 2016
I just think Mitsuri is neat
But this was the best episode so far of the season, great sequence at the end and a good cliffhanger, good stuff
May 7, 2023 3:54 PM
May 2017
Decent episode i guess, feels like somethings off though. Probably just the pacing

3/5
May 7, 2023 3:56 PM
Aug 2020
Damn, they know how to impress people when they push the button, impossible to breathe…
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba: Katanakaji no Sato-hen Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Jun 18, 2023

707 by jumbosan »»
Apr 26, 8:55 AM

» Which episodes to skip? ( 1 2 )

sakuraspace - Apr 5

50 by RandomAnon2 »»
Apr 26, 3:02 AM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba: Katanakaji no Sato-hen Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 4, 2023

241 by Matheus050 »»
Apr 19, 9:40 PM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba: Katanakaji no Sato-hen Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Apr 8, 2023

453 by USMANCIEL »»
Apr 18, 10:45 AM

» How are people feeling feeling about demon slayer right now?

Phantom_373 - Mar 26

46 by Infinitymoon »»
Apr 6, 10:28 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.