Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 5, 2010 3:48 PM

Apr 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Kabuterimon! ^_^ Andromon is pretty cool too.

Aug 5, 2010 3:32 AM
Aug 2009
Another digimon evolved and Tentomon evolved into an insect type.
Jan 8, 2012 12:20 PM
Jan 2012
So Koushiro's laptop will be the key to solving the mystery, huh? I wonder what is going on there.
And Kabuterimon is damn cool, my favourite so far.
Jan 21, 2012 3:58 PM
Jan 2012
nice to see Kabuterimon, I guess that my theory of one per episode must be true haha
Feb 27, 2014 7:56 AM

Feb 2014
SPIRAL... SWWWWWWOR-DOU!

I always got a kick out of saying that when watching this episode.

There's always this geeky little boy in kids show who's a super genius despite his age. It's a stereotype that annoys me a little here, but I'm glad Koushiro is given enough personality to stand out from the lot. The suggestive backstory, for example, gives an appropriate backdrop for the 'knowledge-seeker.' You don't get that kind of depth in average children shows.

Also, the numbskull Gogglehead archetype has been set!
Apr 9, 2014 2:46 PM
Mar 2013
Happy to see Kabuterimon again, he's one of my favs. Also, this is the first time Andromon is introduced! I totally love the factory-like setting they are in.

Matt said it best: "This place is pretty strange. They spend all that time putting stuff together only to take it apart again"

Also, I like how Izzy is the only digi-destined that basically manually digivolved his digimon without having to trigger the danger flag.
Jul 5, 2014 5:14 PM

Oct 2013
Kabuterimon always freaked me out. Bugs freak me out. Giant bugs terrify me. Why must one of the digi-destined have a massive bug for a Digimon? ;_;

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Aug 16, 2014 5:39 PM

Jan 2014
Kabuterimon is pretty cool!
Jan 18, 2015 11:24 AM
Jun 2012
Everyone's Digimon evolve through protecting your friends and such and then Kouchiro comes along and just goes: "Fuck this, I'm hacking this world."
Jun 14, 2015 12:36 PM

Mar 2015
Much better ep, makes up the previous one.
Some backstory and Kabuterimon is pretty awesome
Nov 17, 2015 5:10 PM

Jul 2011
The comment made about the factory makes me think it was social commentary.

I love all the mysteries. Despite being a children's show there's a sense of world/ story building. The writing on the wall really piqued my interest, especially in how it functions. And the narrator's foreshadowing gave a nice sense of anticipation.

I'm guessing we will see all the digimon transform before something really kicks off, but I'm looking forward to it!
Jun 3, 2016 5:12 AM

Feb 2013
Andromon was strong.
Kabuterimon was lucky that his attack reached Andromon.
Feb 25, 2017 4:57 PM
Apr 2016
This Episode showed once again, why Digimon Adventure is one of the best anime series ever made.

I start with the obvious: we get a nice look into fan favourite Issy's backstory. He in my opinion is the most interesting character of the entire series. Where most of the Digimon lack distinct personalities, it makes up for with diving into the character of our child protagonists. Even that is not entirely true for there have been episodes, where even the Digimon are alowed to shine. But mostly they are cardboard cutouts of their human partners. But in this episode you see Tentomon and Issy really working with each other and developing interesting personalities.

Then of course the setting, again trying to intertwine our world with the digital world. And still it's not certain, where we are and if there is any relationship between the digital world and our world, which makes it way more exciting. In this episode we learn more, how this world works and how it can be manipulated and we are more and more excited to find out, what is in store for us...

Of course this episode has it's flaws with it beeing again a way to show, that Tai, although having one of the best character designs is one of the weakest leaders of the entire series, up to this point at least. For everyone, who knows the series, already knows that this is going to change pretty soon. The other charakters are not to much in focus, but thats also it's strong point as well, because it puts the emphasis on whats more important, and this episode surly belongs to Issy this time.

All in all a great episode and it makes you hungry for more :)
Mar 29, 2017 3:01 PM

Nov 2010
I think this was my favourite episode so far! I thought we would only get one evolution per episode until all of the digimon had done it, so it was nice to actually see three evolutions at the same time. The only flaw is that the actual evolution-animation gets boring pretty fast, so seeing it three times in a row was a bit to much.

Also loved that Tentomon didn't evolve the same way as all the previous ones. Kouchiro seems to be an interesting character, that little flashback did a lot. Hope it gets explored in more detail later on.
Nov 18, 2019 12:16 AM

Apr 2016
Finally! The humans actually do something, and the fights with Andromon (except for the final fight) were resolved not by powerlevel escalation, but by cleverness.

Hm... so they can program in the Digital World by writing words? Considering that the Digital World was apparently affected by both the alien Digital World language and Koushirou writing in C, I'm guessing that the Digital World will recgonize any language. They need only write their commands down with ink.

The Digimon are taking after their humans? I'm guessing Mimi's will be a ditz, Takeru's will be childlike, and Jou's will be responsible.
Nov 28, 2019 4:59 PM

May 2008
Good stuff. Much better than the last one. I really liked how they combine the world-building with evolution, the MotD and
And it even gave us our first flashback! Surprised to see it so so, but also kinda disappointed? I was hoping for a more subtle touch than making it more obvious. I also liked how Tentomon knows stuff yet doesn't seem to have much of a interest in learning about the DW. Then again, digimon probably have a internal knowledge of other digimon for sone reason.

Didn't like the narrator foreshadowing. It's already obvious the laptop was foreshadowing just by the way it worked.

I do wonder if the program was legit, then again if it wasn't the laptop wouldn't turn off...

And tactics? In my Digimon?? ...I get the feeling this was a one-off.

Mod Edit: Added spoiler tags; please hide plot details.
anime-primeOct 1, 2020 7:22 AM
Sep 29, 2020 2:12 AM

Dec 2012
Koushiro's laptop is working.
A factory.
Andromon.
A gear fell into Andromon.
lol at Agumon hitting Andromon.
Andromon grabbed Sora.
He's a perfect?
The walls. A computer program?
Dat spiral sword.
Dat flashback.
Tentomon burning up.
Dat gatling missile.
Takeru!
Dat theme. Garurumon.
Dat gatling.
Dat theme. Agumon SHINKAAA! Greymon!
Greymon and Garurumon getting beat.
Dat theme. Tentomon shinka!!! Kabuterimon!
Mega Blaster!
The gear flew out.
Koushiro's laptop stopped working.
lol at Taichi and Agumon hitting each other.
The secret of this world?
Dat ending.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Feb 25, 1:10 PM

Aug 2019
koshiro's theme is so cool. alos noticed that the code chamber has korean characters on the wall
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Digimon: Digital Monsters Episode 6 Discussion

KitaTsuki - May 6, 2010

15 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Feb 25, 2:26 PM

Poll: » Digimon: Digital Monsters Episode 4 Discussion

KitaTsuki - May 5, 2010

16 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Feb 25, 12:42 PM

Poll: » Digimon: Digital Monsters Episode 3 Discussion

KitaTsuki - May 5, 2010

16 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Feb 25, 12:19 PM

Poll: » Digimon: Digital Monsters Episode 2 Discussion

KitaTsuki - May 3, 2010

18 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Feb 25, 11:56 AM

Poll: » Digimon: Digital Monsters Episode 1 Discussion

KitaTsuki - May 3, 2010

35 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Feb 25, 11:29 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.